VI.
Andrius [
Food
]
VII.
VictorDeAngelo [
Werewolf
]
(Died peacefully in his sleep in Night 3)
VIII.
Albert B. Rampage [
Werewolf
]
(poked to death with twigs on Day 3)
IX.
Iecerint [
Food
]

X.
Nachomamma8 [
Food
]
XI.
Pine [
Food
]
(chewed to death with fangs in Night 2)
XII.
Titus [
Food
]
Konowa
XIII.
FourTrouble [
Food
]
(poked to death with twigs on Day 1)

—Introduction:
The Curse of the Werewolves

B
eneath the thick and yet almost untouched forests of the woodlands, which have covered the land for as long as any one can remember, a peaceful people live their quiet and uneventful lives.
Times are pretty good, there is no shortage of food or any other essentials of life, there even is something around one could, squinting one's eyes hard enough, call high living standards and it could be an unworried and calm, almost ideal life if it were not for an ancient evil that has plagued them since times immemorial:
The curse of the werewolves.
Whether it is an actual curse, some sort of black magic or in fact a kind of exotic infectious disease is impossible to tell, since the science of medical diagnostics is yet in its infancy, or rather, to be precise, embryonic, stage in these days.
The existence of the condition, however, no one can argue ; too obvious are the signs, too severe the symptoms experienced by the affected, the most obvious of which, to any unsuspecting bystander, being a complete and sudden change in body morphology, which usually comes across as utterly horryfying to the aformentioned bystander, yet, according to reliable witness records, generally is only experienced by the very person undergoing this transfiguration as a sort of mild, amusing tickle, caused, it has been hypothesized, by the reformation of folicles on the skin.
What is actually much worse and more frightening for the victims is merely the embarassement that the altered physical state brings with it ; for if one has to spend a significant part of one's life in a shapeshifted form, one most definitely does not want the form in question to be that of basic food.

Probably the strangest, if not outright pathetic, creature living in these lands, the Common Food is generally regarded as a most peculiar agglomeration of absurdities, and how a creature with such a wild accumulation of birth defects could ever have developed, let alone survived, remains one of the great mysteries of our time.
For example, there is their fur, the striking feature of which is : Its almost complete absence, aside from some laughable scraps of hair in some oddest spots. To keep themselves warm in the cold of winter, these critters have to wrap themselves up in the pelts and skins they have off of other wild beasts they slay.
Speaking of slaying things, by some freak irony of nature which totally escapes a sane mind they are also very ill-equipped for even a most trivial undertaking like that, lacking any claws or teeth or jaws worth mentioning, which is why they have to resort to poking their targets to death with various assortments of pointy twigs – what a heartless way to kill something, a preposterous mockery of any self-respecting predator around, the embarrassment of their prey must be unbearable and has yet to be proven not to be the actual cause of the victims' death in most cases.
And that is not even mentioning their weirdly disfigured bodies, which they have to heave around on only two legs, for their pitiably crippled forepaws seem to be of little use for anything other than to scratch their backs and fumble aforementioned twigs with.
As if these bizarre features weren't already enough to convince any one with a bit of wit left that here are some creatures that have in all regards spectacularly failed to develop any of even the most basic evolutionary adaptations to life, the wretched bastards are not even mentally stable ; every once in a while, for reasons utterly beyond recognition, they are being afflicted by some kind of raving madness whereby they seemingly confuse each other with the beasts they get their furs from and poke one another to death with their twigs.
Thus if these most life-unfit things weren't also spectacularly sapid to eat, making it worth it to run the incredible efforts it takes to keeping and breed them, they would surely have been abandoned and left to succumb to their inevitable fate of imminent extinction a long time ago.

Recognizing these facts, it can be no wonder to any one that turning into one of these shabby beings is at first a horrifyingly shameful experience for all the poor curse-afflicted. But unfortunately there is no cure in sight as of yet and thus they have to console themselves with the one redemption they can cling to : Most of the annoying and sometimes critical incidents of the past, stemming from the food's puzzling refusal to be eaten, can be avoided by strictly keeping up the altered shape while around it.

[/font]

—Game Rules
[/size]

General Rules & Etiquette

• Be familiar with the general site rules and guidelines, because if you break any of these, I will be the least of your problems.
  • Also, read
    these
    rules carefully as to not be unsure about any technicalities.
  • This is a game, have fun playing it, treat others with respect and do your best so they can enjoy it as well.

Posting & Communication

• For convenience purposes, each player is given access to a private topic of their own that they can use for questions about their role, to submit night actions, and for whatever else they can think of.
  • Do not discuss this game outside of the threads I gave you access to. Do not discuss any other ongoing games, either.
  • If you want something fixed, don't do it yourself, even if you could, ask me to do it instead.
  • You can paraphrase, but not quote, any private communication you may have had with me or other players.
  • Beyond regular breadcrumbs, attempts to hide info in plain sight will not be allowed.
  • I will not reserve a mod colour or something like that, but when I edit something, it will be clearly descernible – do not try to emulate me.
  • The dead are dead and cannot post, unless explicitely told otherwise. You may make one final "bah" post after you died, but it must not touch on any matter relevant to the game ("go food go" is alright, "told you so" is across the line, do not try to abuse this!)
  • Similarly, if you request a replacement or are force-replaced, you are out of the game and not allowed to make any further posts.

Enforcement

• Luckily we are not a state and this is not a penal code. So see these rules as guideline to follow the spirit of, not as something that you could possibly abuse any holes in ; if you are unsure whether something is allowed or not, just ask me.
  • These rules may be modified or added to if it should seem to become necessary to us.
  • If you break any of these rules, we will use the method of Solomonic Judgement as best as we can to deal with it.
  • Breaking of site rules will also result in a report to the list mod, which may result in further, site-wide sanctions against the perpetrator.
  • If you do not post, you will be prodded (usually after 48h of inactivity) ; continuous lack of contribution will lead to force-replacement.

Gameplay & Setup

• Game days will generally last between 7 and [players alive]+1 days (whichever is more) or until a lynch majority is reached. This is only a guideline and actual day lengths may vary from it a bit if it is more convenient.
  • if no lynch majority is reached at the deadline, no lynch will occur by default.
  • For votes and unvotes, preferably use the VOTE: /UNVOTE: -tags or
    bold
    them. In either case they need to be be
    in a separate line
    . To avoid confusion, everything that does not strictly comply to these guidelines will not be counted as a vote.
  • Deadlines for night actions will be 72h.
  • Votes and actions posted after the respective deadlines will be discounted.
  • This game may use unusual mechanics or roles, but it is guaranteed to not be bastard (no cults, jesters or untrue mod info).
  • Action resolution will generally follow the guidelines of NAR, but unusual interactions may occur.
  • Make sure you understand your winning condition.
  • These are some sample role PMs, corresponding to roles that may or may not be actually in the game:
    Spoiler:
    You are
    Strawberry Food
    . This is like Vanilla Food, but with more essential vitamins and an altogether fruitier flavour. You taste quite delicious, and unfortunately you can also be a nuisance by talking and voting during the day. Apart from that you are perfectly harmless.

Food Winning Condition
    : You win when all threats to the food are dead.

You are an
    Omniscient Mod Being
    . This means you are the one running this game. You know everything already, but you are not gonna tell a soul.

You possess the following abilities:
    • At your Service
      : You provide free of charge services such as vote counts and night action results to the players.

• Storyteller
      : You write overly long bits of flavour every time a lynch or kill scene happens.

• Omnipotence
      : Whenever some one plays against the spirit of the game, you may issue appropriate measures against them.

Omniscient Mod Being Winning Condition
    : You win when this game finishes successfully.

You are a
    Black Facepalming Cat
    . Long story short, you are but a lesser predator living off small food that is generally too minuscule for any one with any self-respect to bother with and you are only in this game to be whacked with twigs by food that has been left unsupervised, embarrassing as that may be.

You possess the following abilities:
    • Facepalm
      : You can hang around the threads associated with this game and amuse yourself by watching the pitiful failures of the food and handing out facepalms.

• Backup Life
      : The food believe you to have seven lives … or nine … It is food, it cannot even be trusted to get basic arithmetics right … In fact, the only reincarnation you get is as an
      Omniscient Mod Being
      , in case the position becomes vacant

Black Facepalming Cat Winning Condition
    : You win when you bestow facepalms upon all the food.
Last edited by Shadowmod on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:01 am, edited 29 times in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:28 am

Post by Shadowmod »

—Night 0 Report:
Food Madness Outbreak

T
he latest rumours seem to prove true. It's a problem with the food again. Local authorities from food source 17, also known as
Cramwood Glade
, as the food seems to call it, report that the crisis is imminent and ask for emergency instructions.
Currently the exact nature of the situation is still looking rather intangible, but it has become clear that this time it is not merely another epidemic of the so called Mad Food Disease, a condition that has been infamously known in the past for causing seemingly random outbursts of violent behaviour amongst the food.
What is going on in that village right now, however, seems to de wider in scope ; some ludicrous and very dangerous ideas appear to have emerged among the foodstuff. The general gist is that the food has come up with the nonsensical idea that eating them were what they call "morally questionable", pleading the rudimentary signs of intelligence which can occasionally be observed in their behaviour. Today a document has surfaced, written in Food's Tongue bearing the devious title "Declaration of Human Rights", whose unhealthy content can only be described as perilous for the public well-being as well as matters of future food supply security and therefore shall not be mentioned again, here or elsewhere, all copies are to be burned on sight.
However, these volatile thoughts seem to have poisoned the minds of most of the food population of the food source already and the rampage they have begun is definitely purposeful, and has to be observed with the greatest of caution because it is clearly aimed against actual
people
at this point. Judging from the local reports, the only reason why no casualties have been suffered yet is that the silly buggers are not able to figure out who is real food and who is not and at least this is not likely to change any time soon.

The High Counsel has summoned an emergency meeting this evening. Their statement on the coping strategy is expected shortly.

[/font]

—Announcement

I must say, I am happy how my player list turned out this time and I hope we'll have a fun game together.

Role PMs are being sent out shortly. They are prepared beforehand and go out in order of the player list as stated above.
Please confirm by posting in your respective PT.

This thread will be open for pre-game talk during Night 0, but any votes during the pre-game period will simply be discounted.
The game will officially begin once enough of you have confirmed.

Good fun, good luck and happy scumhunting !
Night 0 :
confirmation phase :
13/13 players
have confirmed
Last edited by Shadowmod on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

For the night is dark and full of terror.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Pine »

But the fire burns them all away
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:40 am

Post by farside22 »

So much flavor to read!
That is my nightmare.
Can someone give me the TL'DR part of the flavor.

*ducks mod wrath*

You cannot say I didn't warn you beforehand :P I am pretty sure I did that.
Last edited by Shadowmod on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Pine »

Forest creatures are civilized and cultivate the stoopid and barbaric humans as food. Humans have been infected with an odd Mad Food disease that makes them think they have rights, and are now poking one another with sharp sticks to find the real people among them, threatening the food supply

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Thanks!
I'll probably read through later.

Never had a night 0 before to chat in.
Feeling naked without voting or putting the fear into someone.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2, Albert B. Rampage wrote:For the night is dark and full of terror.

The night is indeed dark for those without the eyes of faith.

Spurn not the Old Food Gods, and they will forget thee not, my son. Remember that the Great Smoked Halibut in the Sky sees your pain and will reward his loyal faithful sons.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Are we doing poetry?

I only have one memorized and the rating is R
So I recommend those who get offended by vulgarity not read the spoiler.

Spoiler:
I once knew a man from natuckit
His dick was so long he could suck it
He said with a grin as he wiped off his chin,
If my ear was a pussy I'd fuck it

One day I will be teaching that poem and the pervert version of the Spider-Man song to my child with no apology.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Shadowmod »

10 players confirmed – one more and I'd say we're good to go.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Flames682 »

In post 3, Pine wrote:But the fire burns them all away

That's why I'm here, hehe. Also we meet again :shifty:
Stop using gut as a reason to state someone is scum. Now.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Pine »

Stalker

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

—Day 1 Briefing:
Increasing Rate of Cat Victims

N
ew details on the situation at food source 17 have been reported. The situation is even graver than originally thought. Obviously the food has developed a behaviour of systematically killing each other off. This seems to be the strategy the pernicious creatures have come up with to get rid of their keepers.
Fortunately, earlier reports of a first fatality have turned out to be wrong. Closer investigations of the matter have revealed the alleged victim to be merely a cat, a sort of lesser predator, living of vermin and waste products the food leave behind and going by the odd name of
Goodmorning
. Furthermore, not even its death could be established with certainty ; a quite impressive pool of blood was found at the scene of the alleged incident, but scent analysis revealed it to belong to one quite heavily scratched and torn food which was seen strolling erratically about the place and making egregious, unwell noises. Obviously it was he who had attacked the cat, stating that it had shown some "suspicious demeanour" – being the entirely wrong colour (black), crossing the path in rather the wrong direction (left to right) and stopping right in the middle of its track to make what has been described as "obscene facepalming movements". These details are only listed here to demonstrate once more the appalling level of foolish superstition one has to put up with when dealing with food too closely.

Nonetheless, the threat has reached a level were instant swift action is called for. The High Counsel has issued orders to the local delegation that food source 17 is to be abandoned and all remaining food put down, to be carried out immediately, lest this terrible disease and other deviant ideas like "Human Rights" spread. Killing rates have been set to not exceed one per night, though, as to not let any perfectly fine food go to waste. However, a close eye is to be be kept on every single food item to ensure the problem is contained safely within the confines of the glade.

[/font]

Goodmorning
Black Facepalming Cat
, has suffered an unknown fate by the hands of food gone mad.

—Announcement

Day 1 has begun. You can vote now.
Day 1
deadline is
(expired on 2015-01-12 17:00:00)
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Southern Gothic »

hi guys

wats going on
I could remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Pine »

Vote farside

Posting obscenity

OBVSCUM GO GO GO

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:56 pm

are we doing shadowmod skype chat smut?

Spoiler:
his naked eyes entered the room and slid all over her lightly clad body
I could remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Southern Gothic

In the great Halibut's eyes, only the chosen may thrive.

Spoiler:
She somehow felt simultaneously disgusted and validated by the eyeballs sliding over her. She shuddered in anticipation.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Flames682 »

VOTE: Iecerint

Spoiler:
ayy lmao

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:47 pm

is this cos of my trolling in md

I am going to fucking murder you if you try to use me as lynchbait again.

IRL.

Spoiler:
his fingers lightly dance over my thighs and send shivers up my spine. on one hand i want him to stop and on the other I don't ever want him to. his skillful hands grip my buttocks and pull me closer but he holds back, as if some unseen force is both driving and directing him, all of which makes him feel uncertain but it is as if bodies have a mind of their own and they know what do.

you are not lynching this hydra ever.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

Hey Mollie,
Did you and TTH talk pre-game about players or playstyle or who will be the main chatter.

Pine: hey at least I gave a warning. You want to know the sounder man song?

Spoiler:
cant do spinder song. Believe it or not it's way more offensive

Insert random vote here.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Andrius »

Vote: farside

The Great Smoked Halibut does not shirk when the enemy so willingly presents itself.

First game back, let's see how this shakes out.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Vote: Southern
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Flames682 »

@Hydras please sign when posting.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

Is that still not standard for hydras?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 20, Andrius wrote:
Vote: farside

The Great Smoked Halibut does not shirk when the enemy so willingly presents itself.

First game back, let's see how this shakes out.

So where did the quote you got there come from and what does it mean?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”