Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1698, d3x wrote:Solid game all. Excellent Modding once again, Mod :)

What are the freaking chances that both of my targets got Killed before they died of poison! :lol:

ya i was so confused about the lack of additional kills.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by BlankFace »

In post 1696, VysePresident wrote:Nice track targets Suzune! :)

Sorry guys for trolling the dead thread. I couldn't really dive into my speculation like I normally do, without spoiling things, and it got a bit too tempting to tease Town a little. :P

I was leaning Boo/Ducks at the time of the replaceout, with Boo being stronger by far. I was waffling on RIP at the end, and ended up giving up on Ducks being scum, but I fell hard for Lucian's play, enough that I ignored his add-on about having Townread Blank, and his defense of Soren. (Though to be fair, I was pretty dead sure Soren was Town even before I replaced into the slot, so it didn't ring particularly hollow to me. I wasn't kidding - it was a bunch of disorganized scumtells that really didn't fit the actual scenario, in my opinion. )

By the way, inactivity is almost a screaming Town tell for me, much to my regret. It's not that I like playing that way, nor that I don't have plenty of Town games where I've had a fairly decent presence, but I find it easier by far to make up convincing reads than I do actually coming up with real ones. (Ducks, I'm really disappointed in you for not listening to me about Boo earlier, after Pick your Power. :P )

I was having trouble getting into the game after the second day, due to me only being able to post during the very late nights, and I was really lacking confidence after Blank turned out to be Town. (The worst thing is, I sort of realized the holes in my case after sleeping on it, but I still wanted him more than Grapes.) It was an exhausting time, both emotionally & mentally, and that killed my ability to focus on the game. (Farside getting venged was a bit of a sore point, too. I hate it when my few 99% confident Townreads get removed, particularly like that.)

I hope I can play with you guys again, sometime, when I can devote my full attention to the game. Unfortunately, I've ended up replacing out of a number of games recently, and I kinda want to take a break, until I can guarantee I'll have the time. This is the second time in a row that I got too ambitious, and it really showed.

It's all good. I only started to doubt my Lucian read after I hammered myself. The way he came back into the thread seemed way off. You scared me in the dead thread though. Think I need to apologize to Soren for how hard I came down on him Day 1.

Also like to apologize if anyone to anyone who thought my hammer made me a VI. At the time, I didn't see any other option there. I didn't think I could fight the wagon off and didn't want it to carry to day 2, where I figured it lead to the same thing and waste town's time. So I thought I'd try a very badly reasoned gambit, that I'd say I'd hammer myself at a certain time unless someone else did and see if anyone did anything about it. Hindsight, I gave Boo an excuse
not
to hammer me. So sorry for being useless there.

GG everyone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

Well I was spot on about boo.
I guess pb killing me made no difference since d3x poisoned me.
That replace out from Soren was terrible.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:07 am

Post by Soren »

So how many bookittys I mean hello kitties are in this game now?

And lol at Lucian. He finally got mafia.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:09 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 1696, VysePresident wrote:Nice track targets Suzune! :)

Sorry guys for trolling the dead thread. I couldn't really dive into my speculation like I normally do, without spoiling things, and it got a bit too tempting to tease Town a little. :P

I was leaning Boo/Ducks at the time of the replaceout, with Boo being stronger by far. I was waffling on RIP at the end, and ended up giving up on Ducks being scum, but I fell hard for Lucian's play, enough that I ignored his add-on about having Townread Blank, and his defense of Soren. (Though to be fair, I was pretty dead sure Soren was Town even before I replaced into the slot, so it didn't ring particularly hollow to me. I wasn't kidding - it was a bunch of disorganized scumtells that really didn't fit the actual scenario, in my opinion. )

By the way, inactivity is almost a screaming Town tell for me, much to my regret. It's not that I like playing that way, nor that I don't have plenty of Town games where I've had a fairly decent presence, but I find it easier by far to make up convincing reads than I do actually coming up with real ones. (Ducks, I'm really disappointed in you for not listening to me about Boo earlier, after Pick your Power. :P )

I was having trouble getting into the game after the second day, due to me only being able to post during the very late nights, and I was really lacking confidence after Blank turned out to be Town. (The worst thing is, I sort of realized the holes in my case after sleeping on it, but I still wanted him more than Grapes.) It was an exhausting time, both emotionally & mentally, and that killed my ability to focus on the game. (Farside getting venged was a bit of a sore point, too. I hate it when my few 99% confident Townreads get removed, particularly like that.)

I hope I can play with you guys again, sometime, when I can devote my full attention to the game. Unfortunately, I've ended up replacing out of a number of games recently, and I kinda want to take a break, until I can guarantee I'll have the time. This is the second time in a row that I got too ambitious, and it really showed.

Two I think. Just two Hello Kitties.

Sorry for tunneling you so hard Soren.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:51 am

Post by Soren »

I played so bad. I had it coming.
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:58 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

Sorry about the mis-read, Kats.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1690, Skullduggery wrote:That concludes Mini 1667: Dr. McNinja McMafia! Thanks a lot for playing, everybody! I hope you had fun. Running this game was a bit frustrating for me here and there, but it was an enjoyable experience overall. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Congratulations on the victory, Town! I honestly was not expecting you guys to win this one. When not one, not two, but
three
Town PRs failed to submit a night action on Night 3, I figured the apathy was just too much for Town to overcome and the Mafia was going to coast to an easy victory. If Bookitty had been online during the 12-minute stretch where Katsuki was at L-1 on Day 4, it would have been all over. Way to turn things around right at the very end.

Thanks for running this and letting me play! I like Dr. McNinja, and the game was well-run!!

And my lynch was probably a good thing, since they weren't even close to catching scum at that point, and I was already poisoned. :dead:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Thanks, guys. I'm glad this game was a success. I hope I was able to create a few new Dr. McNinja fans over the past two months. (Seriously, this comic is great. If you aren't following it, you should be.)

Few random notes:

• The setup's similarities to Dangan Ronpa Mafia were purely coincidental and I never would have even made the connection if Salamence hadn't pointed it out. I wanted to give Town a useful investigative role (Tracker) that would pose a threat to Scum but not the Serial Killer, hence why the Serial Killer was a Poisoner. He wasn't originally one-shot Bulletproof and the Vengeful Townie was originally a one-shot PGO, so a few changes were made during the review process that kinda sorta accidentally made this game similar to Dangan Ronpa. Oops.

• As you probably saw in the dead thread, the Inventor was my favorite role, so I was expecting it to die early. Instead, he survived all the way to the end, so what do I know? It's a little bittersweet, though, since none of his inventions actually came into play.

• I wish I could say that VysePresident playing as the President was intentional, but no, it was just a silly coincidence.

• Much respect to d3x for sticking with the game despite all the real-life craziness he went through at the beginning of the game. I had high hopes for you this game, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. In a perfect world, you would have lived long enough to claim Doctor and the Mafia team would have left you alone for the rest of the game since they had a Strongman who wasn't afraid of you stopping their kills. That was the main reason why the Mafia had an unlimited Strongman despite the Town having zero protective roles; it was specifically to improve the Serial Killer's chances. Oh well.

• Also, both of d3x's targets dying of other means before the poison could kill them was just plain bad luck.

Yup.
Last edited by Skullduggery on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by RIP »

Gg. Subbing into this game was hard as we were in horrible shape.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Skullduggery »

I don't see any objections from Bookitty or RIP, so the Mafia topic is now public.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by grapes »

gg

was a joy watching town bring it all the way back like that
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Soren »

That scum topic was awesome read. Now I know how to read Lucian when he's scum.

Also, lol at ducky http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6921260
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Equinox »