Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Layla »

In post 549, Cephrir wrote:Stone tools indicate that early humans were present in France at least 1.8 million years ago.[1] The first modern humans appeared in the area 40,000 years ago. The first written records for the history of France appear in the Iron Age. What is now France made up the bulk of the region known to the Romans as Gaul. Roman writers noted the presence of three main ethno-linguistic groups in the area: the Gauls, the Aquitani, and the Belgae. The Gauls, the largest and best attested group, were Celtic people speaking what is known as the Gaulish language.

Over the course of the 1st millennium BC the Greeks, Romans, and Carthaginians established colonies on the Mediterranean coast and the offshore islands. The Roman Republic annexed southern Gaul as the province of Gallia Narbonensis in the late 2nd century BC, and Roman forces under Julius Caesar conquered the rest of Gaul in the Gallic Wars of 58–51 BC. Afterwards a Gallo-Roman culture emerged and Gaul was increasingly integrated into the Roman Empire.

In the later stages of the Roman Empire, Gaul was subject to barbarian raids and migration, most importantly by the Germanic Franks. The Frankish king Clovis I united most of Gaul under his rule in the late 5th century, setting the stage for Frankish dominance in the region for hundreds of years. Frankish power reached its fullest extent under Charlemagne. The medieval Kingdom of France emerged from the western part of Charlemagne's Carolingian Empire, known as West Francia, and achieved increasing prominence under the rule of the House of Capet, founded by Hugh Capet in 987.

A succession crisis following the death of the last direct Capetian monarch in 1328 led to the series of conflicts known as the Hundred Years' War between the House of Valois and the House of Plantagenet. The war formally began in 1337 following Philip VI's attempt to seize the Duchy of Aquitaine from its hereditary holder, Edward III of England, the Plantagenet claimant to the French throne. Despite early Plantagenet victories, including the capture and ransom of John II of France, fortunes turned in favor of the Valois later in the war. Among the notable figures of the war was Joan of Arc, a French peasant girl who led French forces against the English, establishing herself as a national heroine. The war ended with a Valois victory in 1453.

Victory in the Hundred Years' War had the effect of strengthening French nationalism and vastly increasing the power and reach of the French monarchy. During the period known as the Ancien Régime, France transformed into a centralized absolute monarchy. During the next centuries, France experienced the Renaissance and the Protestant Reformation. At the height of the French Wars of Religion, France became embroiled in another succession crisis, as the last Valois king, Henry III, fought against rival factions the House of Bourbon and the House of Guise. Henry, King of Navarre, scion of the Bourbon family, would be victorious in the conflict and establish the French Bourbon dynasty. A burgeoning worldwide colonial empire was established in the 16th century. French political power reached a zenith under the rule of Louis XIV, "The Sun King", builder of Versailles Palace.

In the late 18th century the monarchy and associated institutions were overthrown in the French Revolution. The country was governed for a period as a Republic, until the French Empire was declared by Napoleon Bonaparte. Following Napoleon's defeat in the Napoleonic Wars France went through several further regime changes, being ruled as a monarchy, then briefly as a Second Republic, and then as a Second Empire, until a more lasting French Third Republic was established in 1870.

France was one of the Triple Entente powers in World War I, fighting alongside the United Kingdom, Russia, Italy, Japan, the United States and smaller allies against Germany and the Central Powers.

France was one of the Allied Powers in World War II, but was conquered by Nazi Germany in 1940. The Third Republic was dismantled, and most of the country was controlled directly by Germany while the south was controlled until 1942 by the collaborationist Vichy government. Living conditions were harsh as Germany drained away food and manpower, and many Jews were killed. Charles de Gaulle led the Free France movement that one-by-one took over the colonial empire, and coordinated the wartime Resistance. Following liberation in summer 1944, a Fourth Republic was established. France slowly recovered economically, but did enjoy a Baby boom that reversed its very low fertility rate. Long wars in Indochina and Algeria drained French resources and ended in defeat. In the wake of the Algerian Crisis of 1958, Charles de Gaulle set up the French Fifth Republic. Into the 1960s decolonization saw most of the French colonial empire become independent, while smaller parts were incorporated into the French state as overseas departments and collectivities. Since World War II France has been a permanent member in the UN Security Council and NATO. It played a central role in the unification process after 1945 that led to the European Union. Despite slow economic growth in recent years and issues with Muslim minorities, it remains a strong economic, cultural, military and political factor in the 21st century.

I want to know more about the steel tools though.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Layla »

In post 550, Cephrir wrote:also, please concede

Not until Day 2.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Layla »

Of course there's really no point for me to keep playing this game but at least I do wanna see one night actions being resolved. I'm pretty sure mods are thrilled to do it at least once.
La la la
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

sorry, go to steel tools if you want steel tools because that was the history of france

pedit: im pretty sure the mods are clutching their heads and crying at this point tbh
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:53 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 547, Layla wrote:In epicmafia, werewolf kill is considered as a strongman kill, so no redirect or protect will stop his kill and the only thing that can stop his kill is a roleblock.

Strongman can be redirected.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Layla »

In EpicMafia, yes. Not in mafiascum.
La la la
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 am

Post by dramonic »

Welcome to mafiascum.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Dinare
Dinare
Goon
Dinare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Dinare »

In post 531, Cephrir wrote:i literally just noticed that i have a rolename

derp

yes dram you're right. im sorry my crumbs werent better, i thought my ability name was my role name and i have no idea how you figured it out with my useless crumbs

If the mods formatted their own roles, we have the same mod. I know what you're talking about, and I had the same problem at first.

Layla:

Werewolf still doesn't make sense, as the moment he figured out Tammy's role, it would have been safer to wait until D2 to do this.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by dramonic »

How would you have that problem Dinare?
Your role is non-standard, how would you miss that you have a role name? '_'
I'm a hoot
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

formatting.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

Ah
I'm a hoot
Dinare
Dinare
Goon
Dinare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Dinare »

I could be more specific, but that would entail me getting modkilled. I do know why Cephrir missed his role-name though.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by dramonic »

I can imagine. My formatting is probably fucked up because I had options.
I'm a hoot
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

What if Dram is cult that can only cult certain roles?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh man I hope if that's the case he has to recruit me!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

That would be a nightmare <_<
I'm a hoot
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:19 am

Post by Layla »

I believe some prods are due.
La la la
A Muffin
A Muffin
Goon
A Muffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 am

Post by A Muffin »

I believe we need a votecount
A Muffin
A Muffin
Goon
A Muffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 am

Post by A Muffin »

~~~~~~~UNNOFICCIAL VC~~~~~~~
Zipperflesh (5): The Burgers of Llamarble, Dramonic, Soul2277, Cephrir, Dinare
Dinare (1): Hyperion
No lynch (1): Layla
Dramonic (1): Marquis

Not Voting (3): Pegasus30, Mac, zipperflesh

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

In that case, VOTE: Zipper
This puts him at L-1
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Tammy »

Since it doesn't really matter anymore. My post restriction is that I can only write 100 words a post and I can't post more than three times on a page. I didn't want to out what the terms were exactly because I didn't want overachieving scum going over my shoulder and pointing out a mistake that me and the mods might have missed.

dobedobedo
A Muffin
A Muffin
Goon
A Muffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:26 am

Post by A Muffin »

That's a lot less elaborate than I expected haha, I figured you had to have a certain number of words per post and a limited amount per day, but this makes much more sense
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Tammy »

I love everything else about my role, and even that is just mildly annoying because I have to keep track so much.
A Muffin
A Muffin
Goon
A Muffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:05 am

Post by A Muffin »

So, since the game seems to have very much slowed pace, How's it going with you guys?
The Burgers of Llamarble
The Burgers of Llamarble
Goon
The Burgers of Llamarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 am

Post by The Burgers of Llamarble »

it doesn't take this long to lynch confirmed scum

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”