copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:38 am

Post by copper223 »

Fate did not specify that we could not talk during the second twilight and left the thread open, whereas he explicitly sent us a PM about being forbidden from doing so during the first twilight. I also sent Fate a message asking him if we could post (without talking to TTH about it), you can argue that Nacho's penalty for actually posting was too harsh (up to Fate) but the two are in no way equal.

My whole strategy during that day was for the ritual to fail due to lack of confirmation, I also PM'd Fate about locking the thread (24 hours before he actually did), so yes it totally screwed with scum's strategy.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:39 am

Post by copper223 »

Lol no.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:39 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2199, Brian Skies wrote:As far as integrity goes, Nacho getting mod killed and not TTH was far worse (and yes, I saw that post Fate deleted).

I was under the impression Nacho was modkilled for violating a post restriction in his role PM. He started out with the whole "roleplaying" thing and dropped it. Am I wrong? :S

I checked the rule set and it didn't forbid twilight posting. Since Fate left the thread opened, I figured it was OK. Sorry. :(
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fate wrote:

Welcome to Dreamtime!

You are a Daoshi, a Town-Aligned Shaman.

Daoshi is a Taoist Shaman. Your abilities that will manifest over the course of the game will be related to your Chinese Traditions.

Abilities:

Journeying:

-Each night you may choose to Journey to one of these three realms:
Journey: [Lower World]
Journey: [Middle World]
Journey: [Upper World]

This will take you to a Dreamtime Quicktopic, where you will be able to interact with forces beyond the Veil for that night.

Your Destiny is to seek harmony between All That Is, and eliminate Illusions that obscure the reality of Oneness. You win when all threats to the Realms ave been eliminated and at least one member of the Town remains alive.

Please confirm by reply PM
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

am glad i didn't miss a no twilight posting rule because i actually read the rules this game!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:44 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2201, copper223 wrote:whereas he explicitly sent us a PM about being forbidden from doing so during the first twilight

I'm looking through my inbox right now, but I don't recall receiving such a PM myself. :S
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2201, copper223 wrote:Fate did not specify that we could not talk during the second twilight and left the thread open, whereas he explicitly sent us a PM about being forbidden from doing so during the first twilight. I also sent Fate a message asking him if we could post (without talking to TTH about it), you can argue that Nacho's penalty for actually posting was too harsh (up to Fate) but the two are in no way equal.

My whole strategy during that day was for the ritual to fail due to lack of confirmation, I also PM'd Fate about locking the thread (24 hours before he actually did), so yes it totally screwed with scum's strategy.

It's not that they were equal, and your reasoning was the same I had for not mentioning it to the mod. However, Fate clearly chose to punish town and ignore scum for the same thing (granted, you probably would have lost if TTH was modkilled there anyway). This was a one-sided decision that Fate seems to agree with since he told you.

As far as the ritual goes. I don't mind that Fate chose to remove the next days ritual as recompense. However, it's something I feel the town should have been able to do just fine if they weren't a bunch of apathetic fucks. And you saying it compromised the game is laughable since while it does affect how town perceives the ritual, choosing to allow it after the deadline has been reached is at the mod's discretion similar to how a mod may allow actions submitted after a deadline.

You're acting like the game was completely turned against you, when really, you got a free modkill and something that barely splintered your strategy.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:47 am

Post by copper223 »

This was the D1 Twilight message:

You may not post in the thread unless I have told you otherwise during twilight. You have 24 hours from now to submit any role actions that take place during this phase.

Clarification: Journeying is a Twilight action. Please select which World you would like to journey to at this time.

This was the D2 Twilight message:

The night draws close as you decide your actions for this Twilight. Deadline is in 24 hours, possibly will be extended for Egg's V/LA notification

The difference between TTH's mistake and Nacho's violation is pretty clear to me unless Nacho didn't receive the D1 Twilight PM.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

Piece of shit game was shit.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Nacho said he didn't read the PM. And yes, they were clearly different and I assumed the possibility Fate let her off since she was a replacement. However, modkilling town and not scum was clearly a decision Fate made that unilaterally worked in your teams favor.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:50 am

Post by copper223 »

What I wrote about the ritual succeeding was done before I saw how town reacted (and I still think part of why Egg was confident enough in Spiffeh being town was in part due to the ritual succeeding with Spiffeh on it), you saying it didn't actually help town or that if town weren't *apathetic fucks* it wouldn't have happened are irrelevant facts to judge whether it was fair or not.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:51 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2208, copper223 wrote:This was the D1 Twilight message:

You may not post in the thread unless I have told you otherwise during twilight. You have 24 hours from now to submit any role actions that take place during this phase.

Clarification: Journeying is a Twilight action. Please select which World you would like to journey to at this time.

The night draws close as you decide your actions for this Twilight. Deadline is in 24 hours, possibly will be extended for Egg's V/LA notification

The difference between TTH's mistake and Nacho's violation is pretty clear to me unless Nacho didn't receive the D1 Twilight PM.

I didn't get this PM.

Unless I got it and deleted it, but that's a pretty clear sign I need to stop taking ambien because I haven't deleted any other PM's I've ever received.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2208, copper223 wrote:This was the D1 Twilight message:

Ah, okay.

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't mind your reaction to the ritual succeeding. My issue is you complaining about the integrity of the game and threatening to report him to the listmods for it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Brian Skies »

You pretty much strong-armed him into compensating your team.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:56 am

Post by copper223 »

I cleared that with Fate via PM in private, from my pov. at the time it did compromise the game.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 2215, Brian Skies wrote:You pretty much strong-armed him into compensating your team.

This is nonsense as I had already told him it was ok and I wouldn't report it before he decided to "compensate".
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Anyhow, moderator bullshit aside, I'm disappointed he was allowed to run this game without a Co-Mod or Backup Mod.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2216, copper223 wrote:at the time it did compromise the game.

In your favor, since AP looked like walking scum to everyone left alive.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:24 am

Post by copper223 »

@Brian
The 1v1 between AP and I would have been much easier to win if Egg would have had to choose between the two of us (and that would have been much more likely if Spiffeh hadn't cleared a ritual, one easy way to cast extra doubt on Spiffeh was his choice of yin and making us change all the confirmations, I was planning to say he did that hoping it would end like it did by lack of confirmation).

My biggest problem after the ritual succeeded was that the only logical lynch from Egg's PoV was TTH (you can figure this out just based on the claims alone), as he correctly deduced, so I had to either blindside him, which looked like it was failing, or somehow convince the guy I framed for 2 days (Spiffeh) that AP was scum, which happened cause Spiffeh misread the deadline and decided to take action, so no way was it in our favor, not to mention the abilities town got from the ritual and during the night phase thanks to it... crazy talk as far as I see it, if you want to complain about AP's play I can agree he did not help town win but that again has nothing to do with how the game was modded.

P-edit: Turns out TTH didn't even receive any twilight messages before Fate warned her not to post.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2209, GreyICE wrote:Piece of shit game was shit.

:D
sa vrede?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Fate »

Scum can post their QT if they want.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Fate »

In post 2191, GreyICE wrote:Wait, so we lost because Spiffeh copped a random player and hit TTH?

What the actual fuck

<3
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Fate »

In post 2205, Nachomamma8 wrote:am glad i didn't miss a no twilight posting rule because i actually read the rules this game!

It was in the PM asking for Twilight actions D1.

D2 I didn't do the same and yes it was questionable to not modkill TTH when I had done the same for Nacho.

Never had to make so many decisions while modding hot damn people behave

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”