Mafia 104 - Revenge of the Crimson King - Game!

swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

@wicked: yes! wait I mean no...oh god I always get these questions wrong :(
RayFrost wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:Man, you guys take the RVS way further than anything I've seen before. :?
... And there's the first slip of the game.

Unvote: Riceballtail, Vote: Cyberbob
Tar, I have a lot of respect for you and imma let you finish, but can you explain what you are talking about here?
I think this is the scummiest post here. It's pretty obvious what Tar is referring to. People are RVSing it up, and usually the person that tries to show themselves as serious and waiting for RVS to be up is very likely to be scum.

I think its silly to ask Tar to clarify, and shows a subtle connection between you and Cyberbob.

Vote: RayFrost
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

There's a difference between doing a protown move to get us out of the RVS and commenting on how the RVS sucks and not contributing. Cyber distinctly did the former.

RayFrost's overdefensiveness is noted, and his defense of "this is my style, get over it" is not good town play. We're the judge of his play. If you are aware of your actions, why are you intentionally doing something scummy? Speaks of scum trying to get away with being scummy.

And yes, it was obvious what Tar was doing, and RayFrost's defense of Cyber is noted as a subtle connection
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:06 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

swimmer4lyfe wrote:There's a difference between doing a protown move to get us out of the RVS and commenting on how the RVS sucks and not contributing. Cyber distinctly did the
LATTER

RayFrost's overdefensiveness is noted, and his defense of "this is my style, get over it" is not good town play. We're the judge of his play. If you are aware of your actions, why are you intentionally doing something scummy? Speaks of scum trying to get away with being scummy.

And yes, it was obvious what Tar was doing, and RayFrost's defense of Cyber is noted as a subtle connection
edit by way of post
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

RayFrost wrote:Rehashing what you said before doesn't make it any more valid.
Since your defense was basically going more indepth to what you did, my "rehashing" is just going into more depth of what I did. An explanation.
Glork wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:RayFrost's overdefensiveness is noted, and his defense of "this is my style, get over it" is not good town play. We're the judge of his play. If you are aware of your actions, why are you intentionally doing something scummy? Speaks of scum trying to get away with being scummy.
Swimmer, I have a scenario for you which I would like you to respond to.

Suppose Player X is protown.
Suppose Player Y attacks Player X. Player Y's alignment in this case is irrelevant.

Is it scummy for a Player X to try to prevent other players from suspecting him by responding to Player Y's attack?
No, it's not scummy to defend yourself. It is scummy to say "this is how I roll, just deal with it" when that "way that he rolls" is scummy.
Tarhalindur wrote:Intuition says you're either an alt or newbscum. Possibly both.

Unvote, Vote: swimmer4lyfe
Wow, that's an interesting observation. Either I'm veteran town, veteran scum, or newb scum. I very keenly observe that you are able to discern this is worth a vote.
Wickedestjr wrote:What makes you think cyber is scum instead of lazy town? Also, what do you think of monkeyman?
It's like this: Everyone knows there is a RVS stage, and then someone says something stupid or whatever and everyone goes crazy and that person is in the spotlight.

Cyber's comment looks like someone who is aware of the spotlight and doesn't want to be in it, but also wants to appear concerned about getting on with the game without getting involved. I find this scummy because why would a townie care about the spotlight? Townies worry about one thing, scum hunting. This commenting on the RVS without participating in the RVS is a way I have found the scum to act so they do not get involved in any of the spotlight but appear to be contributing.

It's definitely a scummy move.

I agree with monkeyman about the overdefensive aspects of Ray's defense. I have also pointed out the parts of Ray's defense that are not town play. I have not paid attention to monkeyman outside of his overdefensive comment though.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Also just want to make an additional comment. With as much attention and flak I'm getting for pointing out something I have found scummy, I'm pretty sure I hit gold. I doubt I'll be changing my vote for awhile.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Riceballtail wrote:Quite is minimum 75% confidence.

Swimmer is defending Monkey, and going after Ray, with little reasoning for both, which sounds like a very newbscum approach to an early bandwagon. Also noting from the response to Tar, the odds of newbscum defending a buddy only increase the odds of a Swimmer lynch/NK should Monkey flip scum himself.

That said, Monkey is definitely scummy on his own weak case that he can't defend against properly. I'm confident these two are scum.
1) how have I defended monkey?
2) I'm glad you find my case "little" reasoning when I've made multiple posts about it. Maybe you shouldn't strawman?
3) Explain how my response to Tar makes me a) newb scum and b) monkey's scum buddy
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Cyberbob wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:Also just want to make an additional comment. With as much attention and flak I'm getting for pointing out something I have found scummy, I'm pretty sure I hit gold. I doubt I'll be changing my vote for awhile.
Did you perhaps consider that you're getting flak because your read on Ray is just flatout bad? You've got a serious self-fulfilling prophecy going on here, my friend. I'd bet a lot of money that if you'd been ignored you'd be going on about "omg scum coverup I'M ONTO SOMETHING HERE" instead.

Unvote, Vote: swimmer4lyfe

By the way: I did take part in the RVS, you lying sod. peace
Do you really think some kind of in depth analysis is going to come from day 1? I have a personal scumtell that I saw in you and Ray and it has served me well in the past. How is this incredibly scummy? You don't pick out what's wrong with my argument, you don't try to reason why it's bad...you just blanket my entire case with "it's bad"

Who's the scummy one here? And on top of that, you're putting words in my mouth.

Yes, you are definitely scum
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

RayFrost wrote:overdefensiveness is a scum tell only when you can tell the difference between it and defending yourself

your "Scum tell" on me is asking Tar for clarification because I didn't understand.

That's why it is a crap case.
I know the difference between overdefensiveness and defending oneself. Yours felt over the top.

My "scum tell" is Cyber's attempt to stay out of the spotlight, which I've already explained. Your subtle defense of him is noted, and I don't believe you when you say you don't understand. I found it to be obvious.

Tar has also stated pretty much exactly what I have said in that regards...why no suspicion on him?
Cyberbob wrote: - What is this "personal scumtell", exactly, and how is it applicable to both myself and Ray? I mean inductive logic is terrible at the best of times, but you're taking it one step further here.
- The reasons for your case being bad have already been covered. I don't feel like repeating what other people have said on the very same page.

How am I putting words in your mouth?
I've already explained what the personal scumtell is. Maybe you should read the thread.

This is putting words into my mouth:
Cyberbob wrote: You've got a serious self-fulfilling prophecy going on here, my friend. I'd bet a lot of money that if you'd been ignored you'd be going on about "omg scum coverup I'M ONTO SOMETHING HERE" instead
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Does anyone else think this bandwagoning on me is scummy at WORST?

Three people have voted me with little to no reasoning and/or horrible reasoning. In fact I think I'm close to lynch.

I have used logic and reasoning to defend my actions and I get voted for it? Do you seriously think this is good townie action?
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

nevermind, I read the votes wrong. I'm at 5 votes
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

RayFrost wrote:How is swimmer town, Amished?
hey monkey man, look, someone thinks I'm 100% scum.

Isn't that what you're voting me for? Why aren't you voting him?
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:23 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Glork wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:No, it's not scummy to defend yourself. It is scummy to say "this is how I roll, just deal with it" when that "way that he rolls" is scummy.
That doesn't make any sense. "The way that he rolls" is to defend himself when attacked. You just called that both not-scummy and scummy in the same post.

Unvote, Vote: Swimmer
telling people that your town play is scummy is not a defense. It's a weak excuse to behave scummily.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Glork wrote:EBWOP:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:Three people have voted me with little to no reasoning and/or horrible reasoning. In fact I think I'm close to lynch.
Actually, you were at a whopping FIVE votes by my count, when you made that post.

Paranoid, much?
I thought I was at 10.

How would you react if you thought you had 10 votes?

I think I miscounted by subconsciously miscounting votes as I reread people's posts
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

RayFrost wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:
RayFrost wrote:How is swimmer town, Amished?
hey monkey man, look, someone thinks I'm 100% scum.

Isn't that what you're voting me for? Why aren't you voting him?
I don't, nice misrep though.

I asked Amished what the source of his town read was. Nothing more or less.
It's not a misrep. The way you worded it implied ther was no way I could be town.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Cyberbob wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:
Glork wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:No, it's not scummy to defend yourself. It is scummy to say "this is how I roll, just deal with it" when that "way that he rolls" is scummy.
That doesn't make any sense. "The way that he rolls" is to defend himself when attacked. You just called that both not-scummy and scummy in the same post.

Unvote, Vote: Swimmer
telling people that your town play is scummy is not a defense. It's a weak excuse to behave scummily.
Except Ray's defence wasn't scummy, hope this helps you with your case :)
nope, it was scummy. You're wrong
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Glork wrote:Swimmer: How and why do you think it's scummy?
Does anyone actually read the thread? I've posted three times why I find it scummy.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

exalt you need to go back to grade school you dyslexic moron instead of banging on the keyboard with your baby rattle
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

a real post tomorrow...been busy with tests today and yesterday

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”