HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Welcome all. I'm fine with the contract. I've played a few games on site before, so I know how it works.

Don't really get the case on Deer. Right now I'm after Diacria. He's seeming to be opportunistic by following on to others. Specifically the Deer wagon and this post also seems scummy to me.
Diacria wrote:
bv310 wrote:
Jack wrote:Since when does random voting induce pressure?
The RVS usually results in at least one scum slipping up and posting something odd.
Examples please.
I would have issues with his use of "usually" because I don't find it to be that frequent, but examples aren't too hard to come by if you have played more than a few newbie games. This just seems like a useless challenge to me.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I think this game already has the most instances of the word scumhunting out of any game on site. Posting is at such a frenetic pace, I don't really think there's a ton of scumhunting going on. It seems more like people want to avoid random voting and are making hay about little nits. Oddly enough, that's not much different from random voting.

I am actually not keen on Sirdanilot for this very fact. He is putting a lot of energy into identifying who is scumhunting and is looking to make cases on people who aren't doing it yet, or have yet to find anyone scummy. Just because you want to avoid random voting doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same and that those who don't are scum.

Diacria - why are you trying to get a meta read on someone so early in the game?

Fonz - who is a strong scum candidate at this stage in the game and why is it bothersome that there's a wagon building on Sirdanilot. Are you actually concerned that he'll be lynched so soon?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:29 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Diacria wrote:Furco, can you post a link to your offsite meta? Please? Pretty please?
How will this help, especially considering this:
Diacria wrote:Gut heavily leans VI town for Furco.
Besides, he's never been scum before, so why would he be scum now?

Fonz - just because you're voting for someone, doesn't necessarily make them a strong scum candidate. What do you think of Diacria's opinion (above) of Furcolow and do you feel that he broke your 'contract'?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am

Post by HackerHuck »

The Fonz wrote: As for diacria's opinion: How about YOU give your opinion on Furcolow/diacria's reaction, rather than just asking me to give mine? This isn't 'Follow-The-Fonz,' it's mafia, and you're not going to hide behind me.
Nice dodge. I wasn't the one throwing suspicion on Furcolow, so that's why I wanted to know how you felt about Diacria believing him to be town. I also didn't come up with the contract, so I wanted to get your take on that. If you want to prevent me from scumhunting, then just say so. Right now it feels like you're being difficult for no good reason.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Sirdanilot, why are you so hung up on Jack? If he's softclaiming as you seem to insist, why would it be helpful to the town for him to put it out there at the beginning of day 1? What are you actually expecting him to say?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Took a closer look at Deer and don't get the case. Although I'm keen on a Diacria, I'm much more interested in a Boberz lynch. I don't like his early attacks on Deer - I really don't see much wrong with Deer's comments and squawking about scumhunting is not the same as actually doing it.

Thisis where he continues to believe that Deer is scummy. He makes a few more posts, then without any indication of why his opinion has changed, he's now questioning the Deer wagon

That makes me think it's more likely that Deer is town and Boberz is scum.

Vote: Boberz
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Deer wrote:Alright, I can see why you guys are voting me. I haven't really been focused on this game and am playing pretty poorly. I will try to change that in the future, really.

Anyways, though, I feel like a lot of people have overlooked HackerHuck in this game. He's only made 5 posts, and a lot of them are fairly scummy to me.
HackerHuck wrote:Don't really get the case on Deer.
HackerHuck wrote: Took a closer look at Deer and don't get the case.
Those seem like buddying to me, or distancing from my (maybe-eventual) lynch.
Do you get the case on you?

Rereading Deer, here are the scummy things I see...
OMGUS on Jack and his recent voting pattern appears to be him flailing about for a case that might derail his own wagon. Those things aren't really enough for me to hop on to this wagon, but I'm certainly not going to stand in the way of it.
I think Jack is the only one who has put together a decent case on Deer, but I'm actually feeling better about the MehPlusRawr wagon, just looking at the top two.

I got a little worried when I saw the post stating the deadline was today, but I've gone through and put together some notes. I will post more when I have some time later today.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 am

Post by HackerHuck »

MehPlusRawr wrote:The deadline isn't today, what are you talking about?
Someone mistakenly posted that the deadline was yesterday.

@Fonz - I didn't see any questions from Deer that I needed to respond to. I haven't gone through to compare Jack's post to the iso read. I'll try and get to that soon, but really it means that I now
get
why Jack is voting Deer, but I don't really agree with his read when I read Deer in iso.

I have gone through everyone's posts so far but the Fonz (last alpha), but I figure if he's scum, then it will be easier to catch him when we have a day or two behind us. I avoid any meta except for on people I have actually played with and Fonz hasn't seemed unusual to me yet.

A lot of lurking/low-contribution people so far. I'm not going to comment on everybody, just the things I thought were important.

MehPlusRawr: His initial vote on Sirdanilot sure looks like OMGUS. Outside of that, he's been quite defencive and hasn't put much effort into finding scum.

BV's jump on the Deer wagon could be opportunistic, since he seemed to be making it based on feel.

CryMeARiver puts a vote on MehPlusRawr, which seems OK, but I don't like how he only appears to iso on M+R and ignored the Deer wagon entirely. I need to know why he's not interested in even commenting on Deer.

Danakillsu: Interesting vote on BV. Makes clear he's not voting for Furcolow even though he wants to, and all his posts since then are petty arguments with Furcolow.

Diacria: Still think this guy is pretty scummy. All one-liners, no real scumhunting, except for meta, which is a nice way to pretend to scumhunt. His playstyle seems vaguely familiar, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's someone's alt.

Greenindirt: I don't like how he presented his vote on Furcolow. Vote appears to be based on a contradiction. I'm not sure how he makes the link between contradiction in this case and scumminess. It's not a bad vote for D1, but then he holds onto it until he gets a link to offsite meta. What is exactly he expecting to get from the linked site? Redeems himself somewhat with the M+R revote. The post about Meta on Deer seems a little odd though, especially when he later admits to not even understanding it or even worrying about meta. The last post makes almost no sense to me. He now says that he was wrong and Deer is not acting similar to the game he referenced. Then he states that he's not sure about the people on the Deer wagon, but yet he votes for him anyway. This seems like an easy way for him to get off of the wagon if he needs to or show that he wasn't fully on board if Deer turns up town.

Nicodemus: first comment on the Deer wagon is one of those things that makes me not get the Deer case. I don't really see ho the switch from "It's impossible to scumhunt in the pre-game" to "The game has started, we can scumhunt now!" is all that scummy. I think his role-fishing on Jack is what Fonz was calling out earlier when he said that townies should ignore breadcrumbing. He again calls out how deer is scummy, giving Jack's post a QFT, but strangely moves his vote in that same post from BV to Dramonic.

RichardGHP: Spends half of his posts attacking M+R for making a weak case (it's the beginning of Day 1, right?) and the other half talking about how difficult/wrong/annoying Furcolow is. No good vibes there.

sirdanilot: Yet another person pressing Jack on the "softclaim". Please people, think about what you expect to accomplish with a line of questioning before you do it. I must laugh. In the very same post he chastises M+R and shows how to quote, he fails to include who he is quoting in every subsequent quote. Spends way too much time on the Jack wagon and isn't making any sense with it. Has previously called out people for not scumhunting, but has tunneled so much on Jack that he's not doing any scumhunting. When he finally switches his vote to M+R, he has seemingly forgotten his case (or is too lazy to look it up) and tells us to do it. Sloppy or scummy? Why is Jack suddenly not on his scum list when he hasn't answered the questions that refusing to answer made him so scummy?

That puts way too many people in my suspect list, but I think watching these wagons progress will be pretty helpful. My vote on Boberz isn't doing anything right now, so I'll join one of the larger wagons. MehPlusRawr is scummier in my book.
Unvote:
Vote: MehPlusRawr
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

MehPlusRawr wrote:
HackerHuck wrote: MehPlusRawr: His initial vote on Sirdanilot sure looks like OMGUS. Outside of that, he's been quite defencive and hasn't put much effort into finding scum.
How is being defensive a scumtell? I don't wanna be lynched any more than the next guy.
Just because I say something about someone, doesn't mean it's a scumtell. I was mostly pointing out that your behaviour has been focused on defending yourself rather than looking for scum. That's not helpful to the town.
MehPlusRawr wrote:
HackerHuck wrote: Greenindirt: I don't like how he presented his vote on Furcolow. Vote appears to be based on a contradiction. I'm not sure how he makes the link between contradiction in this case and scumminess. It's not a bad vote for D1, but then he holds onto it until he gets a link to offsite meta. What is exactly he expecting to get from the linked site?
Redeems himself somewhat with the M+R revote.
The post about Meta on Deer seems a little odd though, especially when he later admits to not even understanding it or even worrying about meta. The last post makes almost no sense to me. He now says that he was wrong and Deer is not acting similar to the game he referenced. Then he states that he's not sure about the people on the Deer wagon, but yet he votes for him anyway. This seems like an easy way for him to get off of the wagon if he needs to or show that he wasn't fully on board if Deer turns up town.
With the italicized- Voting me redeems somebody? Why?
It's not because of the fact that he's voting you, but because I like the way he voted.
MehPlusRawr wrote:
HackerHuck wrote: RichardGHP: Spends half of his posts attacking M+R for making a weak case (it's the beginning of Day 1, right?) and the other half talking about how difficult/wrong/annoying Furcolow is. No good vibes there.
If you think he's scum, and he's pushing a case against me, then why are you voting me? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a contradiction.
HackerHuck wrote: MehPlusRawr is scummier in my book.
Unvote:
Vote: MehPlusRawr
Well, this just goes along with the quote above it to point out a contradiction...
He could be bussing, or I could be wrong. It's not uncommon for me to have two people I find scummy, yet feel that they couldn't be scum together. It's also funny how you left out the part where I mentioned that my single vote on someone wasn't very helpful. While not the scummiest, you're definitely scummier than Deer. I want to see how this wagon runs.

@Nicodemus
The whole point is that if Jack is a power role, let him decide when and where to put his information out there. Otherwise it's role-fishing.
More than a few people are coasting in this game. If it's just coasting, what made you pick on Dramonic?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:01 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I get what he's saying, but Fonz seems over the top here.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:01 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I don't get all the reluctance to unvote. It's day one, there are still other scummies around, so there's no reason to leave your vote on an unclaimed PR. I certainly understand the skepticism, but let's give it a day or two before pushing again for his lynch. It's time to move the wagon back over to MehPlusRawr, or even better would be Boberz or Diacria.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

BV - Didn't the Narnia game we were just in have both a watcher and a tracker?

Anyway, I don't see any reason to go after either of them today.
Furcolow- you're going to have a near impossible time trying to get any kind of policy lynch on those two claimed power roles today.

Now that there aren't the competing wagons, I'm not going to keep voting for MehPlusRawr. Boberz is still scummy, but Diacria is still hiding behind meta and isn't putting anything together to find scum.

Unvote:
Vote: Diacria
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Yeah, I could easily see Dana as scum. He's going for an easy consensus lynch on Furcolow and that just doesn't seem right.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Vote: Danakillsu
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Hacker, no explanation whatsoever?
Go back a page and read my post. I also happened to agree with most of what Fonz wrote.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I don't know how anyone [town-aligned] can be happy about the fact that we just lost two townies last night. Although Furcolow was noisy, he really wasn't scummy. Not to mention, he only had two votes at day's end, so it's not like he would really contribute to a mislynch. On the other hand, I don't see his kill as coming from scum. If I were to guess, I'd put Fonz's demise at the hands of the scum and I'd guess that a vig killed Furcolow.

I'd like a few answers:

GreeninDirt
BV310
Why were you two still voting for the claimed Tracker? Were there no other scummy suspects that you saw?

Obviously we need information from the claimed PRs. there's no reason not to get it.

Boberz - why were you against the Danakills wagon?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am

Post by HackerHuck »

dramonic wrote:On an unrelated topic, I'm still waiting for Jack's explanation of his post (i think it was something like ISO 3?)
Why can't you drop that?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Look up 420 on wikipedia or just google it.

I'd actually like to see a claim. I can think of a couple of reasons why I don't want this day to end just yet. That said, I also don't think that a counterclaim should come out immediately after Damon's claim. I want to discuss it before that happens.

I do concur with Jack about the Fonz being an odd choice with two claimed power roles that are almost as good as a sane cop.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (isolation #18) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Yeah, I'm no balance king but it does seem slightly in the scum's favor even with the bulletproof replacing a doc role. it would be a little more balanced to have the poison take more than a day to kill someone. That said, the 'red herring' type power roles really made it somewhat like dominoes where doing the expected behaviour made one more likely to get caught.

Good game scum.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (isolation #19) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:38 am

Post by HackerHuck »

bv310 wrote:Woot! First scum win!

But yeah, in retrospect, watching our kill N1 was a poor choice. I would have been better to try and watch someone else, like Jack. Would have hit the Gunsmith N1.
I totally disagree. The only other option would be to watch a really scummy looking townie in the hopes of catching a cop or a vig/sk. Watching your nk target gives you the best possible outcome if a doc protect is successful.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”