NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Socrates »

Parama wrote:Everyone, stop voting Socrates and lynch foilist.
I feel loved.

Alright folks. This wagon on my player slot is bullcrap. Roleblock is probably the weakest type of investigation one can get, especially this early in the game. Doctors, bulletproofs, doubling up on NK's, absentminded scum not sending in a kill are all possible explanations for there being a missing kill, and not one person on my wagon has provided reason to be voting me beyond the roleblock. The fact that my predecessor was a fairly weak town lurker coupled with the flimsy "role info" along with the fact that, unless this game's title is misleading (which would be totally awesome), this is multiscum, means that my playerslot is pretty much the epitome of scum bait. I expect no less than half of both scum teams on my wagon, if not more, regardless of Nhammen's alignment.

nhammen wrote:I roleblocked SGR.

I don't think there is any chance of NK WIFOM, but there is something else I am worried about.

More comments after I catch up on ... 3 pages in the past 12 hours? Which will happen after the movie I'm watching ends...

In the meantime:
vote SGR
Why did you roleblock SGR? What is the "something else"?
Faraday at the top of the day wrote:Good question.

In other news
Vote SGRaaize
Not good enough. Provide a reason for this vote, especially as this wasn't where you were when day 1 ended.

1066 absolutely reeks of lazy scum from its very pores. I looked back and 961 does as well. Time eater is probably one of the scumz on my wagon.

I've only skimmed, I'll look more closely at my wagon later.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Socrates »

So ya, Nhammen's response to my post is not what I was expecting at all. The rub for me here is, once Nhammen would have gotten my predecessor lynched and I flip town, he would've look really bad. Sure people like to point out that it isn't a 1-1 and that is probably what Nhammen would have fallen back on, but considering that people thought that he was scummy enough that he had to claim earlier, there is NO WAY he would have lived very long after doing so. Going after me is not a useful survival technique for Nhammen. That by itself is enough for me to conclude that at the very least he is telling the truth about his role, and on some level believed that he had caught scum. If Nhammen is scum, he is on the scum team who's kill was NOT blocked (which appears to be the werewolves).

Which brings me to this post:
SerialClergyman wrote:I just finished a game as scum where we claimed roleblocker in order to get soemone lynched and got Midnight's Sorrow mislynched on anothern ight

I don't plan on falling for my own scumtactics. The SGR wagon is filled with people who want an easy vote. A claimed block from someone suspicious enough to be forced to claim (and not be NKed) is not enough.

nhammen is scum and is either a roleblocker or has a roleblocker on his team. Almost certainly.
Unless I am mistaken, you are talking about Dirty Dirty South mafia. Here's the thing, the person that your team faked a roleblock on to get lynched? One of your scumbuddies! That was an elaborate bus that enabled your team to coast into endgame. Your previous post seemed to indicate that you thought that my player slot was town, so I don't think that is what you are implying here, so I must ask. Am I missing something or did you just get all weasely up in here, SC?

I need to Iso SC later today.
Nhammen wrote:Note: Socrates, I still found your predecessor's play awful. And my RB was on you the night of a missing Mafia kill. But I can't ask you to answer for your predecessor. So I will unvote for the time being. But I still have my eye on you. And if mass claim rolls around, and there is no Doc, you are DEAD. OK? But I hope that the Werewolves think you are Mafia, and are a strong player. And they can't allow that combination to live.
Deal.
Dr. Robotnik wrote: Socrates, I like your defense and would like to hear more. Have you read the whole thread?
Nope. :3
Parama wrote:I've already found certain scum, so I won't be doing much of that right now.
Could you link me to a case on Foilist, please?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Socrates »

vote: foilist

Post 627 is terrible.

If he flips werewolf, Nhammen DIES!

If there is a cop, he should investigate Serial tonight. (Cop specifically, not Seer. Seer should investigate Nhammen if foilist doesn't flip werewolf, I'm not sure where else if Foilist does flip werewolf. Probably Timeater.)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Socrates »

Foilist, post 627 is terrible because you spent an entire page calling Parama scummy/stupid and then you avoid voting him and instead vote for the Mislynch Of The Day(tm), a classic scumtell. You have repeatedly waffled between calling Parama scum and calling him dumb and refuse to take a hard stance on him in any way. Even now you decline to meet him head on and instead try to take him out at the knees and discredit him by calling into question his competence while simultaneously suggesting (but not outright saying) that he is scum. You are not interested in Parama's actual alignment, only in making that yapping dog go away.

(For the record, I have experience playing with parama before and he is far from a VI. He has an antagonistic attitude to his posts which make it hard for him to ingratiate himself to others, let alone lead a lynch on another player, but he is a very solid scum hunter.)

I went back and checked who you were voting before this, and it turns out you were voting the previous MOTD (Vez) until it came to light that he was confirmed town, and then at the start of the day today you vote for the next MOTD (my predecessor).

Another interesting thing about you, and this was pretty much the crux of Parama's initial push on you, is that when pressed, you pretty much avoided calling Nhammen scum at all costs, even going so far as to admit to what Nhammen was calling you scum for and then rush to his defense against Parama's case against him, which is an interesting thing for another player to do for another player if they don't have an explicit scum read on the attacker. Yes, defending a town read is an good thing to do, but you explicitly waffle on Nhammen's alignment at the very start of your defense of him (post 597) :
Foilist wrote:nhammen is throwing his weight around at whatever points he can think of to get himself off the hook. Pro-town behavior? Maybe yes, maybe no.

You are probably scum. You are probably Nhammen's scumbuddy. You should probably be lynched today.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Socrates »

Unsight wrote:I'm wary of how nhammen left the Socrates wagon. That was a little too easy. The wagon was fine for nhammen until SGR is replaced by someone who actually talks back. Next thing we see is nhammen shaking his hand and wandering away.

I'm also wondering what the odds of both nhammen and Socrates being on the same scum team are right now. nhammen jumps on the wagon and jumps off at the first available point. If nhammen flips scum down the line, it looks good for Socrates that nhammen was pushing for his lynch. If Socrates gets lynched, flipping scum makes nhammen look good on some level for having started the wagon today. This just seems like a golden situation to make them both look good if the other gets lynched.
I'd like you to do something other than post just enough to justify your current position.

I want your thoughts on these three players:

SerialClergyman
Foilist
Timeater

I want more than "Town" or "Scum". Everything good and bad that you can think of from all three of these players.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Socrates »

This game only serves to further support my theory that people don't actually read the cases other people put out.

Who among the Foilist defenders can actually say what my case on him is without looking back at it?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Socrates »

foilist13 wrote:1) Read through the vezo incident and my posts regarding the matter. If you have ANY dispute as to the invalidity of any of what I was saying please bring it to light. You cannot call me scum because I voted for someone who turned out to be town. That is simply not a scum tell.
It's not the alignment of the person you voted, nor why you voted them, but WHO you voted. And it wouldn't be an issue if it was only Vezo, its the combination of Vezo + Chronopie + SGB. You "scumhunt" and profess suspicion of other players, but so far have always found yourself on the easy wagon, with your jump on the Chronopie wagon the most stark example because you had been professing suspicion of Parama at the time (which I will get to in a moment). I'm frustrated because all of the games I want to point to to illustrate my point are currently ongoing. The fact that you have just now "convinced yourself" that Parama is scum
immediately after someone else voted for him first
just goes to support this obvious mentality of going with the easy wagon that you exhibit.
Foilist wrote:2) Parama was tunneling nhammen.
I thought his case on nhammen was ridiculous, and at the time thought it was scummy
. I went through and analyzed it as you saw and found it didn't amount to much of anything. Between that post and my next, I read over his play and found it consistent in his absolute conviction that he had found scum.
Foilist wrote:This is the pattern of behavior he's exhibited. So when he jumps on me and suddenly I'm the confirmed scum I wasn't all that surprised. That
could
be scum, but I find it unlikely scum would be so aggressive and call so much attention to themselves in such a blatant way. That is WIFOM though, which means he is
either a poor town player or scum
. I can go on about his poor town play if you still aren't convinced. I don't know what his alignment is, nor do I have anyway of interpreting his behavior as to me his behavior is illogical. With that conclusion in mind, what exactly am I supposed to do other than to get the yapping dog to go away?
First of all protip: Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean that they are being illogical nor stupid.

Second of all, here you go again being internally inconsistent with your suspicion of Parama. When he attacks Nhammen it is scummy, but when he attacks you it is just dumb town. Whether or not you are suspicious of him shifts depending on what is most convenient to your argument.
Foilist wrote:
Socrates wrote:Another interesting thing about you, and this was pretty much the crux of Parama's initial push on you, is that when pressed, you pretty much avoided calling Nhammen scum at all costs, even going so far as to admit to what Nhammen was calling you scum for and then rush to his defense against Parama's case against him, which is an interesting thing for another player to do for another player if they don't have an explicit scum read on the attacker. Yes, defending a town read is an good thing to do, but you explicitly waffle on Nhammen's alignment at the very start of your defense of him (post 597) :
Foilist wrote: nhammen is throwing his weight around at whatever points he can think of to get himself off the hook. Pro-town behavior? Maybe yes, maybe no.
You are probably scum. You are probably Nhammen's scumbuddy. You should probably be lynched today.
foilist13 wrote:nhammen is throwing his weight around at whatever points he can think of to get himself off the hook. Pro-town behavior? Maybe yes, maybe no.

Is Parama's case on him actually good? Not a chance in hell.
Foilist wrote:Now look at that quote you posted in actual context. I've seen plenty of townies exhibit exactly the same behavior I described in nhamen. I looked at Parama's case and found it unsatisfactory as my quote testifies. So do you expect me to think nhammen is scum here? He attacked me based on a misassumption. That is equally poor town play as scum play, and not any more likely to be one or the other. So where exactly am I supposed to think he is scummy?

Now let me clarify something else. At that stage of the game I had a distinctly neutral read on nhammen. I was not defending a town read at all, I was attacking a poor case. The focus was on Parama, not nhammen. There is never a reason to leave a case alone if it is flawed. To do so is starkly anti-town. I don't care at all who the case is on, nor should I. Should I look and say "Oh, Parama is attacking nhammen for his case on me. Sweet, now I'm off the hook. I better leave Parama's case alone so no one pays attention to me?" How is that in any way pro-town?
Yea sure, attack cases you disagree with. This isn't highly relevant to why you are scum except with respect to what I said earlier. The point will be relevant when you flip scum as it is a pretty basic buddy tell on Nhammen.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Socrates »

Tim wrote:How is mislynching in a gigantic game a "classic scumtell", sir? Do you assign the same scumtell to all the other people who voted Chronopie? Do you assign that tell to me as well?
I see you didn't really grasp my point there, Does my response to foilist clear that up at all?

Also, I wasn't talking about you. You were the exception in my head. I just take issue when people ignore a case on someone while professing a town read on a player.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Socrates »

LynchMePls wrote:
Socrates wrote:This game only serves to further support my theory that people don't actually read the cases other people put out.

Who among the Foilist defenders can actually say what my case on him is without looking back at it?
I can't. I ISO'd you to reread your case, and I have to say it's pretty damn good. 1104 is very logical. However, I think in 1108 foilist13 answers your questions against him very well. You haven't responded to that post, so I'm wondering whether you are just going to ignore it and keep voting him, or challenge any parts you disagree with.
^^^ This post is highly likely to come from someone who is protown. Incidentally, I haven't grasped why you are suspicious of MS, yet. Link to a case please?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Socrates »

foilist13 wrote:@Socrates:

1) Have we played together before?

2) Can you link me to the previous game you played with Parama?
Newbie 855.

Give me a sec. PYPII and he replaced me in Last will where he proceeded to pretty much only vote scum the entire game.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Socrates »

@SerialClergyman, I have no real issue with your response to my question (I disagree with point C though. When I would have flipped town Nhammen would have been a dead man walking, even with the excuse he could fall back on, especially with you breathing down his neck.), but don't think that doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of you though. Your position is EXACTLY what mine would be right now if I was a member of the mafia.

God, I'm drowning the thread and I am only responding to things.

/Socrates out
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Socrates »

Oh god I'm getting flashbacks

8 months ago, but damn if I can't draw some parallels. I'm getting cold feet on this Foilist wagon.

HOLD ME PARAMA, WHISPER SWEET REASURING WORDS AND TELL ME THAT WHAT I AM DOING IS RIGHT.

Top three scum suspects:

1. Foilist (for now)
2. Nhammen
3. You/Serial

I need to review what LMP is saying about MS and some other things.
What the heck. This IS a Large game, right? Why is this game 12th on my watched topics list? YOU KNOW YOU CAN TALK WHEN I'M CATCHING UP, RIGHT?
Do what I do and don't read day 1. It's the strategy of champions!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Socrates »

I laughed pretty hard.

And yes, I know about the typo, I don't remember why I didn't fix it but there IS a reason!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Socrates »

LynchMePls wrote:@Socrates Start with post 896 and read the next few pages. Note that we had considerable discussion about Sevis on D1 and not once did MS ever even hint that he thought Sevis might be scummy. Then, after Vi NK he immediately leaps on Sevis. When I point this out, rather than offer any sort of credible defense, he instead tries to make the issue about me "dropping" Sevis. His attack on Sevis was weaksauce. Add 951, where he claims the whole wagon on him is only bandwagoning, adding yet another complete misrepresentation to his already considerable list of them.

For that matter, just ISO MS. The whole thing is scummy.
Ehhhh... It reminds me of SPS on day 2 of L4D mafia, which just finished today. For the record, Amished WAS scum.

I'll obviously need to look at MS more closely and I haven't reviewed his day 1 play yet, but I am curious to see how you feel about the link I provided.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Socrates »

Lowell wrote:* Seriously, this lynch is still obvious. I can't see why so many people are ignoring the obvious lack of kills last night GIVEN THAT WE HAVE A CLAIMED ROLE--BLOCKER. It'll take a lot to get me off this vote, because frankly right now socrates is laughing at you all for being idiots
If I get lynched by people actually listening to this inane talking point (that has already been addressed multiple times), I will demand a public apology from you when I flip town that includes some form of self flagellation.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Socrates »

I think our best lynch today is nhammen or Socrates. The question is do we trust the role blocker claim or not. Currently I'm in the camp of not trusting the claim, but 1233 concerns me.
That wasn't intended as a defense, I've already made my defense. There is nothing more I can really say to get the people voting me to stop voting me. I'm just saying that Lowell better own up to the fact that he is incredibly wrong right now once my alignment is revealed.

In other news, I keep making a note to myself to go and read Vi's iso but I always forget to do that. I'll try and do that now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Socrates »

True story, I have literally never seen Pomegranate caught up in a game. I remember it made her a really easy mislynch target in a game I was scum in a while ago.

Blah, I get bad feelings in my gut about this Nhammen wagon.

In other news I stumbled across this gem while I was isoing Sevis:
Sevis wrote:Interesting finds, both nhammen and Parama. Now that I re-read foilist's posts, he does seem to be rolefishing quite a bit: previously, I took this for him just trying to make sense of the game. I still don't get the feeling that he's scum, but I'm not too sure just yet. Vezo really is contributing far less to the game than he could be, hinting at the role without any clarification only helps scum, as far as I can see.

The speed with which Chronopie jumped on the nhammen wagon does surprise me -- he seems to be hoping to put the focus away from him and thus be forgotten. This doesn't look like very pro-town play to me. I also have to agree that his attempts at rolefishing would cause more harm if they were successful (I see LMP's role and knowledge to currently be of more importance than vezo's).

FOS: Chronopie

Unvote; Vote: nhammen
Anyone up for a shrinehime wagon?

unvote, vote:shrinehime

I would not be surprised in the least if both Nacho and Nikanor replaced into scum roles. They're not doing anything.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Socrates »

Look at the quote by Sevis I quoted. Just look at it. Let the scummyness filter through to you. Then vote Shrinehime.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Socrates »

Sevis wrote:Yes, my attacks are entirely hypocritical, and the only reason I'm not targeting myself is because I know my own alignment. Would you suggest I target nobody at all?

LMP complained I'm targeting someone who isn't all that scummy: I asked him who he finds scummier than Dr. Robotnik in the list of players I've had time to read on.
Oh my god why isn't this guy dead?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Socrates »

If there is a vig, do me a favor and serve dry-lurker up a nice lead salad. Seriously, 1 percent of the posts in the game?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Socrates »

LMP wrote:@Experience players: Am I wrong about "tunneling"? I'm engaging in talk with nhammen, Socrates, and MS. Is this really tunneling? I need some help hear, I feel like I'm arguing with idiots.
Tunnel is another word I really need to add to my list. That really sums up my feelings on the matter.
LMP wrote:@Socrates: He isn't dead because most of us feel that we need to clear up the nhammen/YOU situation. That said, I'd really like Shrinehime to answer to the charges leveled at Sevis. He is definitely on my scum list, and I would not be opposed to a lynch on him. I just don't think leaving nhammen/YOU unresolved is good for us, since we'll just spend D3 going over this all again.
Lynching Nhammen or me wont actually "clear" anything up at all. His flip, town or scum, won't say anything about me, nor I him. Vote for the person you think is most likely scum, not this settle the matter bullshit. I feel like every time I have seen this "we need to settle X", it has led to townies dieing.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Socrates »

Shrinehme wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:That said, I'd really like Shrinehime to answer to the charges leveled at Sevis.
um.

Q:

Why have we waited until Sevis is unable to defend himself to suddenly bring up these accusations?

It's terribly convenient.
'cause I only replaced in myself on tuesday and only just now got around to looking at your player slot. If I had been sitting on this case to deploy at the right time, wouldn't it have been better to do it while Sevis was AWOL and being replaced?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Socrates »

Foilist wrote:@Socrates: Do you intend to let shrinehime defend himself, or are you of the opinion that he cannot know what Sevis was thinking and therefore can't defend himself and should be lynched anyway?
Shrine is welcome to do whatever he can to defend himself, but Sevis already had apparently gotten called out for his actions, tried to defend himself, failed miserably, and then flaked off the site.

I haven't been this sure of a read in a long time. You should vote Shrine.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Socrates »

Serial really needs that cop investigation.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Socrates »

SerialClergyman wrote:I could certainly use a cop investigation - would help me clear up this nhammen mess.

Unless you meant ON me, which would be less good.

Perhaps you can help me, Soc, you're a clever chicken - who's town at the moment?
Me, of course. :wink:

Saying
town
is very hard right now here's what I got:

Lynchmepls is pretty obvious town.

I like Parama as town right now.

I would be fairly surprised if you were a werewolf without Nhammen also being a werewolf and this is a turbo bus, but your play is picture perfect of what I would expect out of a member of the mafia.

Nhammen is not a member of the mafia.

Lowell is not mafia. Could be werewolf, though I would bet against that.

Vezo is confirmed town.

I would be kinda surprised if Seraphim/Ani was scum, but that is based entirely off of Seraphim's claim.

So I guess explicit town reads would be:
Lowell
Ani
Parama
Lynchmepls

(I know I'm forgetting someone, but dammit I cant figure out who.)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Socrates »

LynchMePls wrote:
Socrates wrote:Serial really needs that cop investigation.
Explain please?
I know you don't know that I am town, but assume for a moment that I am.

Nhammen has just come out and claimed that he blocked me last night and the Mafia kill got prevented, and he is attacking me for it.

Now, the mafia knows that Nhammen's block is a red herring and that a lynch on me would work out very bad for Nhammen. So what do you do?

Come out against Nhammen, but do just enough that Socrates's wagon doesn't get derailed, of course. You get an easy mislynch on me (good for scum), and then you are set up to push a wagon on Nhammen the next day, who is either scum from the opposing scum team or a town power role, both good things for the mafia to get lynched.

Now, with this thought in mind, re-read the start of day two and see who takes this position. Serial stands out to me.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Socrates »

The reason that I emphasize this now is because the sheer amount of apathy that Serial is displaying for anything outside of me/Nhammen in his last few posts feels out of character for him.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Socrates »

Eh, he sticks to his principles, but I don't recall him ever doing it to the point of refusing to comment on the game at large, and its not like I am 110% on SC scum. That why I want an investigation on him and not pushing his lynch.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

Oh, forgot to mention:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Hmmm? I might need to do a little rereading, but from what I can recall of SC, he has a horrible tunneling habit...
^^ Not buddies with SC.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Socrates »

Yea, newb-town taunts like that quite a bit.

Check out that one game Serial linked earlier, dirty dirty south. I vaguely remember him having a similar attitude while reading that game.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Socrates »

I think the flavor of the day has literally changed every single day for the past week. I'm at the point where I am starting to not care anymore. I'm
this
close to voting MS out of apathy, but no, vigilance.

Why is MS scum and not belligerent newb town?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Socrates »

SpyreX wrote:I'll answer your question with a question:

In over 130 posts, can you point to a solid, forward-moving post that is based off his own viewpoint on anything?
I don't think MS would be capable of putting out such of post. But ISO 21 looks like at least an attempt, and as far as displaying independent thought, I would point to ISO 13, 30, (Iso 33 stands out to me for reasons I can't quite articulate. Its arguing an alignment, not a utility lynch, pro-town points right there), and the sheer amount of conviction that MS is displaying about his Sevis vote even after so many players have called him out on it.

Iso 59 causes some pause in me. That chronopie vote came out of nowhere and it was apparently an L-1 vote... :?

(You didn't expect me to actually look at his Iso now did you?)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Socrates »

Calling Nhammen town as his wagon went close to a lynch is pretty much the opposite of avoiding attention, as is taunting your detractors.

You are going to need to cite some sources on the deflections front.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Socrates »

Ehhhhhhhhh....

No I can't do it. My gut just keeps insisting that he is town.

His vote on Sevis keeps sending me for loops. I need to evaluate what night talk the night before would lead up to that post, what that would say about any scum team that he is a part of and what his scum buddies would have done when he made that post. (I want to say a MS with a team would have been coached into not making a vote that is guaranteed to draw the ire of others.)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Socrates »

I would vastly prefer a Shrinescum lynch.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Socrates »

Who is this goat and who replaced him?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Socrates »

Ok. I need to check whether or not that goat's milk is sour but I don't have the patience for it tonight. I'll do that tomorrow.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Socrates »

GRAH!

unvote, vote:robotnik

Shrinescum tomorrow. Notice how he vanished.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Socrates »

Whoo.

unvote, vote:Shrine
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Socrates »

Mr. Roboto is probably town.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

prodded.

Lets end this day.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Socrates »

I have been prodded again.

WHY WONT THIS DAY END!

[/wrists]
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Socrates »

The only thing I care to do right now is restate this:

I still think Serial should be copped.

I still think Nhammen should be Seered.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Socrates »

Lowell wrote:
Socrates wrote:The only thing I care to do right now is restate this:

I still think Serial should be copped.

I still think Nhammen should be Seered.
And Socrates should
absolutely
be NKed. Somebody help yourselves here. For some reason people refuse to lynch him, so if you're scum, don't count on him being the target tomorrow.
I actually agree. Me being NK'ed would let two prob town players get their heads out of the sand and probably on the right track while also diffusing a lot of the noise that has and will be associated with my player slot.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Socrates »

This looks really bad for me.

So ya, I considered saying that I would just take my mislynch like a man so that that issue could be resolved, but assuming 3-3 scum teams, the town could potentially in danger of being 1 person away from losing total majority tomorrow. (That would be 3-3-8, assuming the third kill came from a vig, 3-3-1-7 if it is an SK would be even worse).

Thinking about it, the chances of two pro-town kill preventing roles working OTHER than Nhammen are astronomically low (even assuming that they would exist), and, unless this third killer had strong reason to not kill night 1, there is a high likely hood that the scum teams have some form of kill protection of their own. (Godfather or mafia doc, most likely.) These roles will not be found in the Monk/Mason groups, even if there is scum there. (That is to say, I am thinking that a cross-kill got prevented night 1. I am going to go back and re-read the start of day 2 with this in mind later)

Speaking of the Monk/masons, if there is scum in that group, it will most likely be the third Monk (has this spot claimed? I never saw one.)

I am going to throw out all of my current reads and start from scratch, since I think I was on the complete wrong track yesterday.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

Yea, Nacho's claim kinda undoes the argument that the third kills indicts me in any way.

:?

Do people want me to claim, by the way?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Socrates »

I might be town, but a mislynch by any other name is just as bitter.

Let me read up on Unsight before I blindly wagon him.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Socrates »

People using Nhammen's flip as further evidence against me is crazy. I mean, people actually doubted that he was a role blocker yesterday?

Anyway, unsight is a good vote.

vote:unsight

I think the scum are afraid that their mislynch is slipping away from them, which is why some people have started to pile on
after
evidence in my favor comes out.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Socrates »

Nikanor wrote:What about his iso convinced you to vote for Unsight, Socrates?
First of all, his vote on me stunk. The fact that the way Nhammen's block on me looked bad "didn't click with him" until just now even though it has been discussed at great length in this thread since the start of day 2? Bullshit.

An Iso of his day 1 play contains very little examples of scumhunting as far as I am concerned, and (I believe I said something similar when I looked at him when I first entered the game) I get the distinct impression that he had been doing just enough to justify his position.

Also, I am distincly remembering Unsights push on Parama around the time that the Foilist wagon started to gain steam. Now both Foilist and Unsight have hopped on my wagon with odd timing. to repeat myself: I think the scum are afraid that their mislynch is slipping away from them, which is why some people have started to pile on
after
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Socrates »

Pomegranate wrote:
Socrates wrote:People using Nhammen's flip as further evidence against me is crazy. I mean, people actually doubted that he was a role blocker yesterday?

Anyway, unsight is a good vote.

vote:unsight

I think the scum are afraid that their mislynch is slipping away from them, which is why some people have started to pile on
after
Unless there is a doctor or some other protective or blocking role (like a jailkeeper, but I find that less likely once a roleblocker has flipped), you are scum. And even then, you still have a good chance of being scum. Soooo... I think that you're most likely scum.

Socrates
, if this doesn't make sense, please explain why. I will vote you if I'm not satisfied with your explanation.

(Oooh, I just noticed all the colors... me likey.)
First of all, there is almost certainly a protective role of some sort in this game (Large games rarely don't, and I am in a position where I can pretty safely say, yep there are.)

But what do you mean by "I still have a good chance of being scum."

And why did you not think of this yesterday, Pom? I had a seven man wagon based on this logic, so you can't say it was a background event.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Socrates »

foilist13 wrote:Why isn't Socrates defending himself? The only thing he's posted since this wagon started was to point out how the vig didn't confirm him as scum, but was evidence all the same. I wouldn't have expected this from him, but I think he's trying to lurk away the wagon an him
I walk away from the site for 1 day and suddenly I am lurking.

Anyway, how exactly do you think I should be defending myself, Foilist? Either you think Nhammen's block is damning evidence, in which case you vote me and I reserve the right to call you stupid when the game is over, or you don't, in which case there is no further case against me.

I only have two things left that I can say:

1) It is MUCH easier for a doctor to guess who is going to be night killed then for a roleblocker to guess who is going to do the killing

2) My playerslot would be unlikely to perform the NK even if he WAS scum. It was a flakey playerslot after all, and in my experience, the player who performs the night kill tends to just be the goon who is most active in the quicktopic. They don't put much thought into it.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1874 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Socrates »

Anti-prod.

I will try to post something vaguely interesting tomorrow.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (isolation #52) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Socrates »

Ok, screw it, I am the lynch. I should be fighting it harder because the town is sooo close to losing, but there is no way this situation will not be resolved without my death, and the vig was apparently 1-shot. I am very pissed at nacho that he didn't shoot me last night and yet is willing to tunnel on me so badly today.

Here are the scumbags so that the town can maybe, maybe pull something out tomorrow:

dry-fit
Pomegranate
unsight
foilist
2 of {serialclergyman, crymeariver, leafsnail, midnightsorrow}

Seriously, why hasn't Dry-fit been killed three times over? CryMeAriver replaces into the game, votes the confirmed townie, and then flakes? That is almost certainly a scum slot. (It also fits CMAR's scum meta, for those that care). The power trio of Pomeganate, unsight, and foilist all suddenly found the evidence against me damning even though that evidence was there yesterday and was discussed at great length. There is no way all three of them are honest about that kind of dissonance.

I will be seriously pissed if SerialClergyman is mafia and the town gave him a pass to a free win because he was V/LA. But beyond that, his play is picture perfect what I would expect out of a mafia member that is competent enough not to drop obvious scum tells.

MS and Leaf is where I would go if any of these flipped town, I doubt they would though.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (isolation #53) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Socrates »

It should be obvious that I am just a townie.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Socrates »

We need to consolidate, Parama. No need to be stubborn about this.

unvote, vote:Foilist

It appears that I'm back where I started.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (isolation #55) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Socrates »

Prodded. Will try to get something relevant up soonish. The bed is calling me.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1975 (isolation #56) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Socrates »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:I'd like a defense from Socrates still
I'm compiling some data in order to present a more formal rebuttal, but it is pretty time consuming. Expect something later tonight, tomorrow at the latest.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2028 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Socrates »

Pomegranate wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:I'd like a defense from Socrates still
I'm compiling some data in order to present a more formal rebuttal, but it is pretty time consuming. Expect something later tonight, tomorrow at the latest.
What happened to this, Soc?
Life has gotten in the way.

Mod: I will be V/LA for the next three days.

Hurry up and kill me before I get back, this game is dumb.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2565 (isolation #58) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Socrates »

*sigh* Not my best performance ever. My reads were about 50/50 and this was my first mislynch ever.

One can clearly make the argument that the mafia not sending in a NK night one ended up working out in the scum's favor by establishing my eventual mislynch, though the same can't be said about the nights they missed.

Nik was defending me day 3 way too hard for him to be a normal townie. He was either a Cop or scum, so when he claimed townie at lylo I would have been all over him like a bad case of fleas. Parama acted similarly, but I didn't notice at the time. =.=

Well played scum, I suck at mafia etcetera etcetera etcetera

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”