NY129-Mafia on Werewolf Island! (Game Over)

Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:05 am

Post by Shift »

Sorry, I was at a tennis tournament all day yesterday. I'll read through and make a small catch up post later in the day.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Shift »

wowowowowow I accidentally closed this right as I was about to hit send so I had to retype the whole thing.

Not that much to catch up on really, but C-Worl and Pine need to die ASAP. VOTE: C-Worl Here's why:
C-Worl wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Or for people worth noting. Like Glork/Myself/Yos2/etc.

Your logic is fallacious, but I'm not town... again. How annoying.

Kise / C-Worl: ... yeah no. That's not going to work for me, and, by extension, it's going to fail for you.
SEE IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.
This post is scumtastic at worst, ridiculous at best.
C-Worl wrote:I didn't put "but" in the sentence, you did. My edit was putting in the words, "I'm not" and it still makes sense. You were saying my logic was bad. In the edit it reads that my logic is bad "but" you're mafia anyway.

Reasons why you're mafia:
1. OMGUS reaction to my vote on you.
2. Over defending yourself.
3. Trying to start a lynch wagon without presenting reasons of your own.

My original vote for you came from me goofing around with Kise, but now I really do believe your scum.

Better luck next time.
1) OMGUSing an RVS vote? That's a scumtell?
2) If by defending you mean tearing you apart and showing why your arguments fail, then yes he is over defending.
3) If he didn't have them before, he does now.

..And there you go OMGUSing RF just like you accused him of doing. Mhmmmmmmm.
C-Worl wrote:I explained my following of Kise thus your OMGUS reaction. You stated randomly that certain players are town. That IS and for ever will be a Scum tactic in my book.
So I'm guessing Nacho must be scum too.
If you do end up being town I'll consider you an idiot for doing it.
YOUR NEXT SENTENCE: Also, LOL now you're offering reasonings for when I flip town that you can fall back on to clear yourself. | Who's setting up the town flip again?
You're back and forth with me about editting quotes was where you defended yourself. You were so set on trying to start a wagon that you apparently couldn't read anymore.
No, he's doing an excellent job sorry
Also, LOL now you're offering reasonings for when I flip town that you can fall back on to clear yourself.
See above, also looking at RF he has not had any doubt you were scum since post #33.

PREdit 1. My joke vote was on Nero.
2. No, this is day one, you point the finger of suspicion around and see who starts over defending and giving away those "tells".
You mean like RF was?

3. As said my vote for you was never a joke, I gave reasoning.
C-Worl #post 53: My original vote for you came from me goofing around with Kise

4. MY case has plenty of merit, now you're just trying to be dismissive.
Nope, it doesn't, sorry.
C-Worl wrote:Unvote; Vote: Pine

I actually don't know if he's scum or not, his play style simply annoys me.
Did you really just do that? Do you even know how scummy you look for this and what exactly you just did with that vote?
C-Worl wrote:Also, yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh Totally hopped on a bandwagon with little explanation. I R scumz.
Oh my god you did. Die please.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Shift »

Pine wrote:If RayFrost is scum: Obvious scum fuck-up
If RayFrost is VT: Policy Lynch. Gambits like these don't deserve to live
If RayFrost IS multi-shot daycop w/ kill immunity: HAHAHAHAHA. But seriously, lynch him anyway, and if he IS, then we have our next several lynch targets guaranteed for us.
+10 scumpoints.
Pine wrote:If RVS doesn't produce serious, then there is no point to RVS.

But seeing as others think MaxFrost was just joking, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now and dial down the seriousness meter. I blame my other games, which are all pretty intense.

UNVOTE: MaxFrost
+5
Pine wrote:Okay, I'm actually caught up now. Coffee and time have done wonders for my hangover-addled brain. My first post was...embarrassing.

Moving on.

I'm going to hop on the C-Worl train.
1) Scumtastic. The C-Worl case has been made repeatedly, and I have little to add to what's been said so far
2) Hopefully, if Town, increased pressure will make C-Worl wake up and smell the coffee and defend himself adequately
3) Or slap some sense into him and get him to scumhunt. Either way.
4) In such a large game, a policy lynch would do the Town more good than bad.

Apparently, my fail knows no limits in this thread. I forgot to vote AGAIN.

VOTE: C-Worl
Did you really just hop on the competing wagon started by the person you thought needed to be policy lynched at first, and only backed off when you got an overwhelmingly bad response? C-Worl's vote makes this look like bus city.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Shift »

kr0b wrote:@Shift as far as I can tell from your two posts, you are merely just jumping in with the more comfortable looking wagons. Feel free to tell me if I am wrong and why... There just appears to be a distinct lack of separate investigative work done by yourself. Do you find it as alarming as I do how many people are voting for C-Worl or Pine based on the exact same thing? Smart money would tell us out of all the people on these two lynches, one must be scum driven. I'd imagine IF one is scum driven, then they are likely all on the same lynch, but that's just a guess.

The reason I'm saying this is because I've just spent all this time looking at 166 posts, very quickly determining that we have two very eager townies, and I'm more inclined to believe that C-Worl is an over-eager townie. I've seen him play this over-eagerness before and he's flipped town so I'm currently willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Same with Pine. Another thing, I can't see either busing eachother this early on in the game (I could be wrong), it'd be pretty foolish IMO.

The fact is I'm concerned with how quickly the two wagons have built up and the lack of independent reasoning on both, which is what is making me doubt whether either is scum.

It's taken me ten minutes to write this post so forgive me if I've left large chunks of reasoning out, but with this hangover I'm finding it difficult to make thoughts = words.
Thought about it, RF might be right on Pine which is why I wanted to lynch C-Worl today. Main thing against Pine is just the joke thing. Why I think he is likely scum, he is most definitely not the play today and should be given time to make up for it. C-Worl has not helped himself at all, and if you look at what I've said he contradicts himself (Why he voted Ray) and is in general a hypocrite (RF setting him up for a town flip). Most of the good points have been made but I felt I needed to stick in my two cents, and I analyzed the posts myself but came to the conclusion of several other people. And with two scum factions, of course there are scum on one, probably both, wagons. I've stated Pine is definitely not the lynch today, as it all hinges on his take on RF's joke. The fact that Pine has more votes than C-Worl is laughable to me, and if I had to give what wagon I thought was scum-driven, it would definitely be Pinewagon, hence my vote for C-Worl once again. Bussing, after thinking on it, is unlikely. Doubt there would be two strong wagons with both in the same scumfaction.

tl;dr: Why are people voting Pine and not C-Worl? Pine is a decent lynch but it hangs on one point. C-Worl needs to die for multiple reasons.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Shift »

Pine wrote:I think your "one point" was pushing the other biggest wagon in town? Because you aren't doing this at all here, right?
FOS: Shift
I don't really get what you're asking right there. I've made my stance very clear in the fact that voting for you right now is ridiculous.

As for the "mistake" you obviously made one by pushing RF that you admitted yourself, so I don't see what would make you impervious to a second one.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Shift »

gorilla wrote:pine if you post one more emoticon to show how sad/frustrated you are I'm going to vote for you
Better vote would be C-Worl.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Shift »

Jin, even then, the point on T-Bone knowing more than he should is bogus. Let's assume there are 3 kills (more doesn't really make a difference, less throws the point out altogether)

Mafia Kill
Werewolf Kill
??? Kill

??? kill could be either an SK or a vig. Both are common in large games.

T-Bone=Vig

Well, we're obviously not lynching him.

T-Bone=SK

In absolute claim or die mode, he could possibly claim vig (Though that's normally a bad idea for an SK) and guess what? We'd believe him

Chances are he's not even either of the two. I am honestly expecting three or four kills tonight, and at least 1 third party role. T-Bone saying that is a null tell in my book.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Shift »

Serial Killer.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Shift »

That was a small point. The big point was your post against RF, which I stated I found scummy but not enough justification for a quicklynch, especially over C-Worl. And I'm clearly only pushing one wagon, once again. I honestly don't think where I stand on your lynch can get much clearer. Just in case:

PINE SHOULD NOT BE LYNCHED TODAY, C-WORL IS A MUCH BETTER LYNCH AND PINE SHOULD BE GIVEN TIME TO REDEEM HIMSELF

Is that clear enough?
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Shift »

As much as I hate defending other players to a slight bit of pressure, T-Bone's third party "slip" is entirely null.

He said 3-4 antitown factions.

Last time I checked, Mafia+Werewolves+Third party (1)=3. Perfectly in the range of what he said.

Probably more than one third party based on the size of the game. That makes it 3+. Sorry, but T-Bone is in the right here and this push is ridiculous.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Shift »

2-3 is absolutely worse than 3-4, as we are essentially confirmed to have at least 3 antitown factions through him listing third party as a lynch color.

What was he just supposed to say? We have exactly three antitown factions, with one of them being able to split into half the player list at the mod's will. What wording, that is not flat out wrong, were you looking for? 3-4 is the closest thing he could get without going into something like 3-5, which by what you've said I'm guessing you would have took that even worse.

Let's assume he is a third party.

He
likely
does not know of the existence of another
third party
and likely thinks the same thing as town (there is more than one third party faction) and just confirms what town is almost certain exists (A third party faction at all)

Where exactly are you going with this? Are you saying he knew of two third party factions despite only having one role? Are you trying to say he should not have speculated that we had more than one third party, which again is highly likely, and that doing so is a slip? No, this is ridiculous to say the least.

As for defending him, I've already done it once and I did a poor job, but then I realized that it
does not matter on my alignment
. You've speculated that he was a third party that slipped. So why would my defense of him be scummy? Answer: Unless we were some type of cult together, I would have no motivation to defend him as scum.

I don't even know what I was thinking explaining the kills by the way. It made sense at the time, doesn't really now.

tl;dr: 3-4 is perfect. He would either get exact and likely be completely wrong, go to flat out 1/2 values are false range (2-3) or he could go even higher than 4, which you've said what you think about T-Bone thinking there was more than one scum faction. Only antitown reason I could have for defending him in the case that he is a third party that slipped like you suggest is if we were some form of cult/antitown masons with each other.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Shift »

RayFrost wrote:T-bone was going off of memory regarding the mod's first post. Poor memory != scum. Never has, never will. That said, shift's attempts to defend t-bone are over the top and performed in a manner that shout scum to me. Calling c-worl and shift as scum from different factions.
I'd rather not have someone lynched for a third party "slip" that wasn't a slip. Sorry.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Shift »

Cool. And yeah, first defense was craptastic. Made sense at the time, have no idea what in the world I was even trying to say looking back.

On a side note, this needs more posters.

As for Jin, I believe he's misguided town.

Reads so far:

C-Worl: Scum
Pine: Possible scum, not quite sure. Needs to redeem himself for earlier fails, needs to be given time to do so.
Jin: Misguided town
RF: Town
T-Bone: Null
tclaw: Town
tclawren wrote:OK, I finally have time for a real post. (point taken about not goodposting, been busy and this game isn't the highest priority mafia wise. I will try to keep up though.)

First off, let me say that looking back at it, this wagon on pine is full of fail and I need to slap myself for being on it right now. I find it hard to believe that any scum, even if he is newb scum, would do what he did in his first post. He voted for one of the hardest targets out there and actually tried to justify it. I just don't see scum doing that. I can see newbtown doing this. I can also see newbtown doing what he did afterwards.

C-Worl has much more potential to actually be scum IMO. He is playing very suspiciously, especially all the factors that have already been said about him already. I also feel better about this wagon because, even if we are wrong I don't feel like we are actually hurting town too much since he has shown no initiative to actually contribute to this game and I don't take the fact that he has a wagon against him to be an excuse for not scumhunting.

tl;dr: Pine=newb. C-Worl=scum or VI; kill him either way.

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: C-Worl
This is good posting.

Everyone else: Start posting.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Shift »

Nobody Special wrote:C-Worl is just getting scummier and scummier.
So why aren't you voting him?
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Shift »

Sorry, I've been busy with school. I'll be gone tomorrow as well for a tennis tournament.
SnakePlissken wrote:Just started my readback now im online for a littlew while. This comment jumped out at me.
C-Worl wrote:
I'M IN THE CLAN, I HAVE TO TALK IN CAPS. I FORGOT THAT AND THAT'S WHERE I LOST MY WAY, BUT NOW THAT I'VE BEEN FOUND AGAIN I WILL NEVER GO CAPSLESS AGAIN.
Is this a Werewolf claim? Eitherway my vote stays exactly where it is.
No. No sir. That has to be the worst reasoning I've seen all game. Die.

UNVOTE: C-Worl
VOTE: Snake
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Shift »

SnakePlissken wrote:Sorry NS do you take credit cards? Kiss in response to you, I play the same way in exactly every game on and offsite. So you have yourself a null tell right there. The fact of the matter is I'm coasting due to the connectivity issues I'm having mean I can't get into the game too much, plus the first day in a large game is always hard to pick bones out of anything. Unless you get a scum/wolf slip we don't get answers until after the first lynch. So vote away people and watch what happens.
I see you've given me no reason to unvote you. Carry on.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Shift »

Still no better votes. How sad.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Shift »

proddodge

Sorry, I have a two day tournament starting tomorrow, only on around p28. Will try my best to catch up ASAP. On a side note, wtf is going on in this thread.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Shift »

Forgot to point it out to the mod.

Mod: I will be V/LA until Thursday and possibly until the end of the week

Noted.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Shift »

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”