burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by burn_209 »

This is my first game with a "hydra." What are they and why do people do them? Lol
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 30, Antihero wrote:
In post 28, burn_209 wrote:This is my first game with a "hydra." What are they and why do people do them? Lol
6 months and you don't know what a hydra is

...what rock have you been living under?
Ive been really focused in the games I play. Havent done much forum surfing outside of the games I played in
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:14 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 40, notscience wrote:Hi Burn!

obvtown yourself for me and we can kick some ass

Hydra are two people playing under one slot.
No fake results this time around? lol
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 44, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 43, notscience wrote:I don't see why metadodging as town is "not playing to wincon" but feel free to explain why.
Cons to anonymous hydra-ing as town:
1. The game of "Who is the hydra" distracts from "Who is the scum".
2. Hiding a secret that isn't "I'm scum" creates a false flag no matter how much they don't intend it.
3. Knowing a player's personality helps read them. Town would want other town to read them as town so time and energy isn't wasted.

Pros to anonymous hydra-ing as town:
1. Fucking with people for out-of-game reasons.

BTW - Don't reply for them notscience. Unless you're scum. If you're scum then by all means debate me on this topic and threadshit on the game. I barely tolerate hydras as it is (because I believe it's a form of cheating and goes against the spirit of the game), but anonymous hydras have absolutely no benefit. I really don't care about anyone else's opinion on the subject. I want Twisted Advice to stop playing a stupid non-mafia game inside a mafia game and reveal themselves so we can move forward. Withholding non-role based information as town is playing against win condition.
Oh I like this post....I like this post a lot. Everything in here incluing the punctuation screamed town. Its times like this where I wish we had a clapping smiley.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:41 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 63, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 60, Twisted Advice wrote:As I have already said, I found Bob's posts to feel more fake and more an attempt to appear lighthearted about RVS. I like GreyICE for town at the moment because of his suspicions on Bob.
You read greyICE as town not because of his aggressive tone and his attempt to get people to react to his jester claim, but because he placed a naked vote on me?
I dont think that people are going to are going to react to something that is blatantly not serious...I mean what did you expect to happen?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 89, PeregrineV wrote:Since I don't think you have an answer that could convince me, I didn't even bother asking the question
Well thats a good way to play mafia :roll: . How do you ever expect to get some reads on the game if you wont dig even a little bit? Sounds lazy to me
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:28 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 98, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 95, burn_209 wrote:
In post 89, PeregrineV wrote:Since I don't think you have an answer that could convince me, I didn't even bother asking the question
Well thats a good way to play mafia :roll: . How do you ever expect to get some reads on the game if you wont dig even a little bit? Sounds lazy to me
I'm happy to let you answer the same question. Maybe I'm wrong.

What about post sounds scummy or that it came from scum?
Nothing really. I see a guy saying who he is initially reading as town and then rebutalling an argument about hydras. To me it was a neither town nor scum post.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 126, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 122, burn_209 wrote:
In post 98, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 95, burn_209 wrote:
I'm happy to let you answer the same question. Maybe I'm wrong.

What about post sounds scummy or that it came from scum?
Nothing really. I see a guy saying who he is initially reading as town and then rebutalling an argument about hydras. To me it was a neither town nor scum post.
Then you think the Hopkirk vote in was justified based on post ?
I think it was a weak vote on Hopkirk's part. Pretty sure that Twisted was just voting someone just for the sake of voting someone like a lot of people do during the RVS. There was know backing behind the vote or reasoing. Its like Twisted pulled a name out of the hat minus the hat. Then she probably read or reread the thread and then got town vibe from TV and changed her stance. It happens and it isnt vote worthy in my opinion. So yes Hopkirk is wrong but its getting discussion going so meh
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:19 am

Post by burn_209 »

Sorry guys been busy with school so i need to catch up and read some. Ill answer some questions and post my thoughts in this post as i read a long as it helps me figure things out. Its a putting pen to paper kinda thing so sorry in advance for a long post.

In response to post I mean I believe it...sort of. I think he was doing it to dig so that he could get discussion going but his rationalization of why he is doing it is crap, but I guess he cant exactly come out and say "Im voting for you to get more info" because then it defeats the purpose. He is just trying to make a case where no case is there to be made.

I like KK. He is my strongest town read at the moments. Dude is doing scumhunting like he did in post and i liked his post on the hydras. The post on hydras seemed town to me because he was right, it is a distraction at some level. The fact he didnt want people to try to figure out who is the hydra instead of who is the scum is counter-scummy to me. I would think that the scum would want as much confusion and irrelevant discussion as possible. It felt genuine to me and him wanting the town to stay on track is a town move in my opinion.

I like how Beast is challenging reads and not just taking them for what they are worth like in . I see a scum member being more compliant and yea yea'ing people when they offer their reads. His brashness and abrasive demeanor bugs me but that isnt something that you can make an alignment tell off of even though people love to do that.

Jafar and Iago I like what they are doing as well because of the scum hunting they are doing especially in . How they moved on from the KK spat and agreed that KK is town is a town tell to me as well. I think a scum player would have pushed that a little harder and fabricated a case against KK for pushing irrelevant conversation.

Hopkirk Im either or on. While he is digging to get reads. the rationalizations for his openings to put pressure seem to come from a scum perspective. There is a difference between over exaggerating things to get a reaction (I would think this is a move a townie would make) from someone and just throwing away all common sense and trying to make a case where a case isnt there like he did against twisted. But at least he is trying to scumhunt which is a big deal. I dont see scum putting in that much effort and being that challenging. Consider me sitting on the fence with him until further notice.

jbomber seems fishy to me. Its like the guy doesnt have any substance to his reads and isnt giving reasonings behind his reads like in and . In all honesty I dont think he has any. "Just saying KK seems towny to me" isnt enough for me and rubs me the wrong way. Its like he doesnt want to give a case because he knows it will be full of shit. Also I dont like the way he reacted basically all of page 10. Dare I say I sense a little bit of panic there? I have my eyes on you killer

I like Grey's posts on bomber so far especially because well....it makes sense and I can see how bomber is acting like he is doing the pee dance without trying to make noise lol. I would like to see some more serious posting from him though.

Notty's dismissal of bomber being scum is irresponsible. I have seen scum use that same post on different sites many many times. I find it odd you were so quick to write him off like that.

Sorry for having a wall of text it just helps me keep my brain flowing
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 am

Post by burn_209 »

However playing with Notty before he did that a lot and he was town so he could just as well be town lol
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 am

Post by burn_209 »

Now if you were town you wouldnt be lazy because as a town member you have to actually make shit happen instead of sit back and let shit come your way like scum do.

So on that note VOTE: jbomber
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 270, jbomber732 wrote:If I'm always lazy what difference does my role be? I'm a lazy town and I'm proud. Just because I'm not quoting posts doesn't mean I'm not "Making shit happen"
Just saying I think (insert name) is pretty towny.....isnt making shit happen
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 275, Lords of the Unreal wrote:
In post 262, burn_209 wrote:-big wall of stuff-
Congratulations on making a sizable post yet saying absolutely nothing of consequence. Your entire post is majorly composed of flimsy "could go either way" comments that can easily be backed out of later and look tailor-made not to raise anyone's ire. The one and only even slightly solid comment you made (notsci's play) was backed out of in your very next post, even. Complete rubbish.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: burn

~Island
whoa whoa whoa....a little hostile there arent we tyke? Hopkirk at Notty are the only ones I said I could be either or on. Im taking it you skimmed over it instead of actually reading it. Because the KK, Twisted, Beast, Bomber, and Grey are definitely not either or reads. Take a second look
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 317, Hopkirk wrote:@Burn: Want to explain how my case was any worse than other around rvs stage votes?
Because they didnt have cases for their votes or at least didnt really believe in the cases if they did make one. I guess basically all the others were half assed accusations that more often then not were a joke but yours was one of the first that wasnt like this and it was just so....bad. I mean It was pretty clear what he was doing. He pulled a name out of a hat like the rest of the people that voted, probably without fully reading, and then felt like Turkish was town so he took his vote off. Nothing there is scummy or even expected differently from a townie.

In fact Twisted continues to look more and more town with every post they make. They are my strongest town read at the moment. Just all around good content and town play coming from them.

Post Rubs me the wrong way. Why do you not do towncases? Part of figuring out who is scum, or at least a huge help towards doing that, is deducing who is town. Someone is asking you why you think someone is town and you are refusing to. Why are choosing NOT to be helpful?
In post 337, Turkish Van wrote:Things like claiming that one vote was a reaction test does seem to come from a town mindset of wanting to incite interaction/reactions, even if the execution is shoddy. What I'm having trouble deciding is whether this is genuine or scum covering for a bizarre play.
For what its worth everytime I have done something that stupid as scum that early in the game, I always say it was a reaction test.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 346, jbomber732 wrote:Now I know why mala might scumread me! I had a derp moment. I said that I had never used a QT before, which was an unintentional lie. I forgot that me and mala were in a QT and completely derped out. So, I do know what a QT is. I know you can make your own name on their, so please find me someone in this game who would have their QT name as blue ffs.
This reeks of complete and utter bullshit. Why are you asking you for people to help you out your other Mason if you were truly a Mason? That makes zero sense.....unless I read that horribly wrong.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by burn_209 »

Thats what Im saying Hopkirk he probably didnt read the thread yet when he made his first vote and then read the topic and felt he was town so then he unvoted.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 418, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 412, Antihero wrote:i'm super, super cereal
nice sk crumb
Why is this necessary? There is no reason, if there ever really is a reason, to drop a sk hint. People dont just do shit like that to do it. Again this is a common sense thing lacking here.

As far as meta goes, because people have been talking about it, I'm one of those people who believe people take meta for way more than its worth. If the majority of someones case on someone being scum is meta I probably wouldnt vote for them.
In post 428, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Sorry, I have been dumbfounded by the lack of activity. Bicephalous Bob, Hopkirk, beastcharizard, and burn_209 would all be fine lynches in my book.
This is straight hypocrisy and I dont like it. People that have been prodded have no right to bitch about lack of activity. I mean pretty much summed up what is wrong with this post.
In post 434, MonkeyMan576 wrote:1) This is day 1, how much content do you expect?

2) I was plenty active at the beginning of the day, there is no rule saying hyperactivity is the best way to catch scum.

3) What exactly have you done to scumhunt?
1) Not an excuse to not be active or try. If anything day 1 would be the most important day to be active. This is a cop out for lurking IMO and like I said earlier; town try to make shit happen and be active

2) Fair enough, while that is true Ill let you pull that card one time and one time only. If you go another 3 days without posting and get prodded again, sayin you were plenty active during the beginning isnt going to mean anything

3) Turkish has done a shit load of scumhunting and if you have to ask this question then you either have been lazy or just trying to pull shit out of thin air. Turkish has done more scum hunting then most of the players in the game right now.

The more jbomber posts the more I dont like him. This part of Beast posts made so much sense to me and I completely agree. jbombers posts just dont feel genuine to me. They feel like they are coming from someone who is afraid to make a mistake. Bomber why are you seeming so apprehensive to use your vote? Afraid of the backlash of voting for a townie lynch?
In post 436, beastcharizard wrote:niggles? What is that?

VOTE: Katarina

You never answered my question about the reads thing. You thought Hopkirk was scum but also voted me and antihero who were on the Hopkirk wagon. So kindly answer the question please.

@jbomber:

Your "random" posts make you look like scum trying to blend into the trolling town. If you are town please stop them.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 459, notscience wrote:I've replaced into a game where burn was scum and we both started a game as town

both games he was wagoned really early.

newbie 1476 was the second I need to track down the first, I think it's 1444 though
It was 1444, that was the game with Thor if I recall correctly.....really wish I finished that one out. Then again if I did Mafia probably wouldnt have won lol
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:01 am

Post by burn_209 »

Sorry guys ive been getting up at 6AM and not getting home till 9PM the past couple days so I havent really had time to post a lot. Im going to read and catch up and post my thoughts again. Today Ill have some time to do some consistent posting and i should also be clear for the weekend
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:27 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 499, jbomber732 wrote:Well since I did majorly scumread guzame, I guess you're right and I should'nt give him a fair chance. Plus bob makes me laugh especially with his horrible avitars, so I'll keep him around.

VOTE: MNEUIMNIC
What in the actual fuck is this? Going back on what you are doing just because town starts to put a little pressure on you? This is some textbook scum shit and if your vote isnt on bomber then it should be. pretty much made me facepalm so hard I gave myself a concussion

Kublai Khan continues to make super town posts like in . There is no way a scum player would propose the idea of extending the day to get rid of all the people that are going to replace out.

I really dont like Grey. The guy is an asshole and I hate his play style and the people that play like that. I dont like how he is trying to strong arm people and degrading players. His attitude isnt alignment indicative though. I cant imagine that a scum player would be this abrasive and come at me bro-like so for him I have a town read. However I will say this, this Khan and Grey spiteful shit needs to stop and it needs to stop like right now. You guys bickering and doing the shit you are doing right now isnt helping town at all. More than likely you are both town and Grey if you cant see Khan as town right now you are etting yours guy's personal vendetta shit get the best of you. Stop it and stay focused.

I dont believe Bob at all period. His meta case is crap and meta is an easy case for a scum to conjure up. You are using something that people didnt experience first hand and werent involved in to cause a wagon. Pitching a case to the town about something they arent very knowledgeable about and seeing as a metawould be easy to twist and mold as you see fit....is scummy as holy hell. Take a seat next to your scumbuddy jbomber.

As for Mneuminic or whatever the hell his name is, the case on him is a decent one and I do agree with Grey's psychology post in . However he isnt my scummiest read or even my second scummiest so unless something drastic happens or deadline gets closer...I probably wont be voting for him. I just think the other two are better options.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 686, MonkeyMan576 wrote:You didn't get the part where GreyICE said Bob was scum, and now GreyICE is dead?

Well this is easily the worst post I have read in this thread yet. i mean you cant really believe this clears bob of anything in any way, shape, or form.

Here is the thing about bob. Part of me is inclined to think he isnt scum because of Zombies twilight post . Why would a scum player completely throw another scum player under the bus like that for no reason and no gain at all right there. It just doesnt happen and I have seen this done in countless games and have yet to see the person who is thrown under the bus be scum.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by burn_209 »

Yea after rereading it again I see that a few brain cells committed suicide after I read your post the first time. I misinterpreted it.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 734, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:I am SK I give up (this is a joke I'm town and I don't give up)
well this is helpful to any thing that we are doing.....
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:14 am

Post by burn_209 »

I dont get the wagon on twisted. Him and KK are the two players who are most town at the moment. People jumping on him about dropping the hammer so quick are reaching and reaching far. Mnemonic was going to get lynched no matter what and I can see not wanting to wast another 5 days of irl time to get MAYBE 2 more pages of debating whether or not we should drop the hammer on him or not. Call it impatience if you will but I succumb to that more often than not.....ask Notscience lol

Bob has to be town after the mnemonic post during twilight. Its either that or he is the SK so is that necessarily a risk that we want to take at this stage in the game. No matter what it is damn near impossible he is mafia after that post by mnemonic.

Jbomber is fucking killing me with that masons post, then has the nerve to act like it was a fucking joke afterwards. When shit like that happens you shut the hell up about it because you dont know if scum saw it or not. Hell I didnt even see it until you said something and then it made sense. How you are still alive right now is beyond me.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 am

Post by burn_209 »

Sorry guys my satellite internet got data capped because the little brother went apeshit on YouTube and it tapped the Internet out. Makes playing this game from your phone very difficult. Maybe I can squeeze out a good post on my laptop. If not ill come back here on my phone
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by burn_209 »

Ok before you all start to read this I just want to let you all I just NOW got my internet situation figured out and I apologize for my absence. Especially since it looks like the game decided to get active again while I was gone. Im starting at page 36, which is where I left off, and reading and writing this post at the same time. It will be long.....very long post so just a beware in advance.
In post 877, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:I honestly dont see why Kublai Khan is town in any manner.
Its because KK's posts are coming from a town perspective and I like how his early game posts attempted to keep the town organized and focused. For example, early in the game it could have been easy for him to make a big deal of the twisted hydra thing and caused distraction and wasted time if he was scum. Post is a great example of why KK is town and illustrates what I am trying to explain above. Post is another post I like because of his opinion on the SK. He is right, all it is going to do at this point in the game is waste time and cause us to irresponsibly lynch someone. On top of that when he posts there is a TON of effort that I dont see a mafia member exerting. Again as I have said many times when you are town you have to MAKE SHIT HAPPEN and all I see is KK making shit happen.

jbomber is still babbling all over and posting ridiculous bullshit. Its at the point now where I dont think I can take anything he posts seriously as bad as that is to say. In all honesty he bugs me, he really bugs the living shit out of me.
In post 903, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:If someone claims cop on him that might just out the SK, jsyk
This is a horrible idea and if I were on here when you posted this I would have jumped your shit till kingdom come. Why, in the world of fuck, would we out a cop on day 2 of a large normal game? Role fishing, or variations of it like this post, always set off my radar and thats leads me to scum more often than not. Katrina is up there with the bomber scum read.

Post from twisted about Hopkirk and MafiaSSK is on point and are logical points. Only exception I have on there is Bob because I practically seem him as confirmed town because of mnemonic's twilight post. As I said before when has someone done that and the person who the town was told to lynch, actually flipped scum. Personally not once. So unless something drastic or crazy happens I wont be voting for bob. Yes he is anti-town an some dumb shit like voting NS for no reason, but outside of an investigative role catching him I cant see him as scum and I dont vote for people I think are town. Its just how I roll.

Metal Sonic's posts - made my brain cells want to commit suicide one by one. The fuck are you talking about man? How was that a scum slip. Your explanation behind it was ridiculous.

As for NS's lack of activity and him not giving a fuck I can see it. The games I played with him he was always active and on the front lines for the town. Him sitting back and not really doing much this games seems like he is just not giving a fuck more so than him being scum. Im one of those people that believe that scum try to avoid lurking as much as possible because its the number one thing that the town looks for and one of the most common reasons towns lynch people. So I dont think NS is being scummy.....I think he is being lazy a lot like Rachmarie in the last game we played together.
In post 980, Twisted Advice wrote:I wasn't going to say anything because I figured Khan was trying to influence the scum's mindsets, but since it's being discussed anyway, the night game is pretty clearly not mafia vs. SK. At this point they will probably all try to shoot town at least for a while.

Iago
Honestly i was thinking the same thing. Ive played couple games off site where I was scum and we had a SK in the game. Personally I like to keep the SK alive for a while when I am scum. Ive never been an SK but I would probably try to avoid hitting scum for that same reason. It means there are less days you have to survive because of the extra kill at night. I mean wouldnt it be beneficial for them to keep eachother alive this early in the game? Its common sense I believe.

NS just came out of nowhere with a meaty post on monkey. Honestly I dont understand it and am having a hard time following it. The explanation just doesnt make sense to me. If someone can better explain it to me that would be awesome because I want to believe it but I cant because it just seems like some shit flinging which NS likes to do and then reverse his read.

Beast is going over board with the whole "fake vote" thing. Typos happen dude and going balls to the walls over a possible typo is a little to much for me. A lot of other people in the game I would think this would feel scummy to me, but all your other town play makes me think that you are just using bad judgement right there.

My scumreads currently are Jbomber, Katrina, and Metal. If you made it this far thanks for bearing with me!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”