NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3295 (isolation #0) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3292, ThAdmiral wrote:Well I have even more reason to feel aggrieved then.
Or maybe not, when you don't have all the information on what happened. You're making assumptions because you don't have the complete information and feel slighted because the result punished your team, but that's part of what a modkill involves, and it was not a decision that was taken lightly. We were not out to punish
you
and I was sorry that you had to deal with the rest of the game by yourself, but you have no reason to feel aggrieved toward Plessiez or anyone but Yates.

The concept of scum having to work to win a game is not and should not be new. The concept of scum being able to lose even if they play a perfect game should not be new.
The balance was pretty decent and I would have liked to play in this game if it had been an option.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3301 (isolation #1) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3297, Nero Cain wrote:I suggested a Yates force replace 'cause a modkill p much fucked the scumteam over but Yates couldn't talk about his slip
If a slot is compromised, it's compromised regardless of who holds it.

Yates slipped about a scum QuickTopic in his picture, yes. For the sake of the integrity of other games, we were considering a modkill in the game that involved that QuickTopic (this game) and that game alone. Yates asked me to delete the image, I denied him as other people had already seen it, it was public information, and we were investigating the issue; Yates followed this up by messaging Plessiez to ask him to delete the image, and did so while attempting to deceive Plessiez about his motivations.

As was mentioned elsewhere, we expect honesty from players and moderators when dealing with the site staff and each other, and attempting to remove evidence of a game event through deceitful methods and going behind a list moderator's back are not acceptable behaviors.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3303 (isolation #2) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3302, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3301, Tierce wrote:and did so while attempting to deceive Plessiez about his motivations.
This is p horrible. Why is this guy not site banned yet?
Because we are far too hopeful.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3307 (isolation #3) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3306, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 3301, Tierce wrote:
In post 3297, Nero Cain wrote:I suggested a Yates force replace 'cause a modkill p much fucked the scumteam over but Yates couldn't talk about his slip
If a slot is compromised, it's compromised regardless of who holds it.

Yates slipped about a scum QuickTopic in his picture, yes. For the sake of the integrity of other games, we were considering a modkill in the game that involved that QuickTopic (this game) and that game alone. Yates asked me to delete the image, I denied him as other people had already seen it, it was public information, and we were investigating the issue; Yates followed this up by messaging Plessiez to ask him to delete the image, and did so while attempting to deceive Plessiez about his motivations.

As was mentioned elsewhere, we expect honesty from players and moderators when dealing with the site staff and each other, and attempting to remove evidence of a game event through deceitful methods and going behind a list moderator's back are not acceptable behaviors.
If you're going to punish him, punish him. But if you aren't site banning him is there any point in ruining his reputation?

Just like it isn't right for others to speculate about the happenings without knowing the full story I think its also unfair to slander someone who isn't here to defend themselves.
What reputation? What slander?

These are facts that describe what happened. You and others were saying that the modkill wasn't fair and making wrongful assumptions. I gave you actual data. I'm not ruining anyone's "reputation" by explaining what actually happened, but I will openly say that what happened was willful deceit from Yates's part and that we cannot accept it.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3347 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by Tierce »

:shifty:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”