Riddle Me This! NY111 - mafia dead - Town wins!

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by don_johnson »

interesting tack.

you done claimed my role. apparently i investigated shanba night 2. last night was amished and he's innocent. nice touch with the roleblock though.

vote: yos

not sure why you'd tangle in a 1 v. 1 here, but i'm guessing you had no idea you'd be claiming my role and were hoping to pass it off with bullshit when i flipped vanilla. i breadcrumbed a little, but i guess noone picked it up. anyhoo. got us a scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Anon »

cool story bro

Unvote Vote: don.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

don_johnson wrote:interesting tack.

apparently i investigated shanba night 2.
Apparently?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Also, L-1 I believe. Hammer that thing.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Triple post, yay.

Unvote

Reading through Yos' and dj's ISO, I noticed sometihng reasonably interesting. It might come to nothing, but I would actually rather lynch Yos today. My reason being, Yos pushed hard on me all game until the start of Day 3, when I came back with a result. He says he tried to investigate me, but was roleblocked. Yet he suddenly treats me as good as confirmed town, when he should have had no read change at all, logically, with no report to affirm my alignment either way.
When he finally gave up on trying to lynch me he stayed neutral for a bit and then switched his focus to don. Don and I are both claimed Power Roles, only with don, Yos and don have conflicting claims. While it makes sense for them to be crossvoting now, Yos was on don WAY before either even night cop claim came along. Meanwhile, don has hardly mentioned Yos at all. Now, what possible reason could there be for that? I think Yos knows that don is even night cop and tried to pre-emptively counter-claim with a guilty report on who he knew would be his CC, in order to make himself look town.

##Vote: Yosarian2

I know this post seems like a giant mindfuck to you guys but it really, really makes sense from where I'm sitting.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i say "apparently", because i replaced in after that decision was made. my biggest issue is yos locking into a 1 v. 1. it makes me uneasy in that scum must have numbers left as well as some oddball role that can help bolster yos' "mistake". in any case,

v/la until july 8.

not sure where this is going, but i don't see a scenario which greatly benefits scum here regardless of the outcome.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Vote: Don
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Amished »

It doesn't matter which is lynched first, to be quite honest. If it was mylo right now; then there would be 3 scum left and 7 scum in a 20 person game? With mafia power? Not bloody likely. We shouldn't be anywhere close to mylo/lylo after securing 3 correct lynches in a row (and a correct NK after that); even accounting for the modkill.

Besides, this does jive with my own personal view. I tend to find power roles like mad and attack them for it. Who did I attack D4? for a while? Yos. Course, this doesn't mean anything to you all, but voting dj definitely should be the course for today.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

RichardGHP wrote:
Reading through Yos' and dj's ISO, I noticed sometihng reasonably interesting. It might come to nothing, but I would actually rather lynch Yos today. My reason being, Yos pushed hard on me all game until the start of Day 3, when I came back with a result.
Wrong.

I pushed hard against you until you claimed on day 2.

After you claimed on day 2, I said we should let you live and get your investigation, and I argued strongly against lynching you on day 2 at that point.

Then, I decided to investigate you; not because I thought you were the most likely to be scum, although I was still somewhat suspicious of you, but because of your claim. Because of your claim, finding out your alignment before you came back with a result seemed the most useful piece of information I could get, especially if you came back on day 3 with a "I saw person X kill person Y" type result on day 3, putting the town in a position where we would have to decide if we should trust you or not. Conversly, if I could confirm you as town, then your information becomes far more useful to the town. At the time, I was expecting to get off one cop investigation night 2, claim day 3, and then probably get nightkilled; I wasn't going to try to wait for a second investigation before claiming, seemed too risky.

If you had come back on day 3 and claimed something scummy, like saying you tracked the person who got nightkilled who thus can't confirm you, I would have pushed for your lynch. Instead, you claimed a type of result that made it likely you really were a tracker, which made you a bad lynch. That obviously has nothing to do with the failed investigation; I explained all this on day 3, after your claim, and you seemed to understand it then.

I'm really confused what you don't understand about this. I made it pretty clear why I stopped pushing for your lynch on day 3.

(By the way, my role is also why I was so opposed to a mass claim yesterday, for reasons that should be obvious.)
Don and I are both claimed Power Roles, only with don, Yos and don have conflicting claims.
Seriously? I claim cop, with a guilty on him, and Don counterclaims even night cop. It's pretty much the classic despreation move for a scum who got nailed by the cop, is to counterclaim the cop; I don't understand why you'd take his claim at all seriously.
While it makes sense for them to be crossvoting now, Yos was on don WAY before either even night cop claim came along.
...um, I was suspicious of him yesterday, so I investigated him, and it turns out that I was right, he's scum. What on Earth are you talking about? Do you not think it made sense yesterday for me to try to lynch someone I thought was scum, do you think it dosn't make sense for me to investigate someone I'm susupicious of, or what? You're not making sense here, Richard.

[qupte]
Meanwhile, don has hardly mentioned Yos at all. Now, what possible reason could there be for that? I think Yos knows that don is even night cop and tried to pre-emptively counter-claim with a guilty report on who he knew would be his CC, in order to make himself look town.[/quote]

That dosn't make sense either. How would a scum know there even was an even night cop in the game? And you think I'm scum who somehow knew he was an even night cop, and so, instead of just killing him, I decided to wait until after an even night, let him investigate, and then claim cop with a guilty on him, dooming myself for absolutely no reason?

Richard, you're making no sense at all here, and it's worrying me.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Ah, this feels good.

unvote
vote: don_johnson
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Made sense to me, Yos.

inb4offesnsivecommentsaboutmyelusivestupidity

Oh well, never mind, if don flips town we can lynch Yos tomorrow.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Amished »

That should be a lynch...
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: don_johnson

Because overhammering is fun.

But this post's purpose is me showing support for this lynch.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RichardGHP wrote:Made sense to me, Yos.
It...makes sense that...as a scum I would lie and fake a guilty claim on someone who would likely have been lynched anyway, totally screwing myself over for absolutly no gain? Or that it's somehow scummy for me to become suspicious of Don, vote him, and then investigate him when I get a chance? Or your theory that I, as town, would never become less supicious of you in response to you demonstrating your tracker claim was correct?

YOu need to explain yourself better then that, Richard. If not today, then, if Don isn't the last scum, you'll need to explain yourself tommorow.
inb4offesnsivecommentsaboutmyelusivestupidity
If you were stupid, that wouldn't be a scumtell. I don't think you're stupid. I do think you just went way out of your way to defend a caught scum with arguments that don't make any sense at all, and so I badly want to understand why. Your position here dosn't make any sense as town, but it also seems like it'd be an absurd risk for you to defend your doomed buddy here as scum, so I don't get what's going on here.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Look at YosTown, so eager to understand people instead of just lynching them. Hopefully he realizes that if don flips odd night murderer, we're going to quicklynch Richard tomorrow, no questions asked.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Nope, we're not lynching me tomorrow regardless of what anyone flips.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why not?

If don flips mafia murderer, we'll practically have lynched scum correctly 5 times in a row.

And considering a don mafia murderer flip means that either you are scum or that one guy who never posts is scum, I don't really see any way we can lose, even if you are townie.

Would you rather prefer we lynch dahill tomorrow and shoot you?

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RichardGHP wrote:Nope, we're not lynching me tomorrow regardless of what anyone flips.
Well, you know, you did just defend a scum. That's clearly going to be a mark against you; there's never anything that can make "defending a scum" not at least a moderate scum tell.

You will have a chance to explain yourself, though, especially because in this situation I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what Richard-scum would hope to gain here. Still, that being said, understand that you just threw away a hell of a lot of townie-cred here.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Yos, if don was the mafia murderer, the Richard would HAVE to defend him.

Losing the mafia kill completely = death.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But yeah, I doubt Richard is scum as long as don doesn't flip Murderer, or maybe tracker.

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Assuming a donmurderer flip, I suggest you lynch dahill, and assuming he's scum you won't need to kill me. We should have won by then. If he's town however that means I have another chance to track, which means this game will be over on Day 7 at the latest. I'm not doing anyone any harm by existing at the moment.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I like that response ^.^

And I suppose I wouldn't mind lynching dahill and shooting inhim tomorrow.

Hell, I might even push a VV lynch on Day 7. But if Day 8 rolls around and the town hasn't won yet, then you'lll have to die. But I'm sure you understand that.

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

If we get to Day 8 without a win I have no objections to dying.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count:

Don_Johnson (6) Yosarian2, Amished, Anon, VasudeVa, inHimshallibe, Nachomamma8
Yos (1) Richard

With 9 alive it took 5 to lynch.
Story up sortly
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:37 am

Post by farside22 »

I need to go the quick and dirty is that don_johnson was lynched.
In your search you find he was a mafia goon

Don_Johnson -
mafia goon
- lynched day 5
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”