Riddle Me This! NY111 - mafia dead - Town wins!

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:42 am

Post by farside22 »

The last mafia member shakes at all the loses he has had over the past few days. With the mod boss gone and only 1 kill he can perform every other night. He looks at his knife
I will not let them take me down. I would rather die first.
He throws down the knife and jumps off a 50 ft building

Hey wouldn't you rather die quickly instead of painfully?

His body slat's to the ground. Every bone is broken.

inHimshallibe -
Mafia Odd Night Murder
- self killed Night 5

Town wins!!!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Roles

DeathNote wrote:
You are a
Vanilla Townie
and have no special ablities other then your wit.
Players:
*ImmuneShadow/sorasgoof
*Thestatusquo
*mipe/nachomamma8
*Richard Massive
*dahill1
*VasudeVad
You are a
Town Roleblocker
and can submit one person's name every night. That person will be unable to use an ability if they have one, for that night Phase.
*Dr.Cyanide
You are a
Town Bodyguard
and can submit one person's name every night. That person will not be killed if targeted by a kill action and you will be killed insted. You can only stop one kill.
*FeFiFoFum/furcolow
You are a
Town Even Night Tracker
and can submit one person's name every even night phase (2,4,6,ect). You will then learn who that person targeted, if anyone, for that night phase.

*RichardGHP

You are a
Town Odd Night Watcher
and can submit one person's name every odd night phase (1,3,5,ect). You will then learn who targeted that person, if anyone, for that night phase. You can not target yourself.
*DizzyIzzyB13/amished
You are a
Town Even Night Vigilante
and can submit one person's name every even night phase (2,4,6,ect). That person will then be killed the next day phase assuming nothing prevents the kill.

*Anon
You are a
Town Odd Night Vigilante
and can submit one person's name every odd night phase (1,3,5,ect). That person will then be killed the next day phase assuming nothing prevents the kill.

*Shanba
You are a
Town Even Night Cop
and can submit one person's name every even night phase (2,4,6,ect). That person's alignment will then be revealed to you as either
Town
or
Mafia
. You can not target yourself.
*springlullaby/yos2
You are a
Town Odd Night Cop
and can submit one person's name every odd night phase (1,3,5,ect). That person's alignment will then be revealed to you as either
Town
or
Mafia
. You can not target yourself.
*Korts
Mafia Role Sample wrote:
Welcome to RiddleVille, a mysterious place where people have a habit of talking in Riddles! It is clear to you that they need knew management so time to take over the town!

Only people desinated as Murder's can kill. If they die, then your scum team does not have a night kill.

You can discuss with your scum team every night and durning pre-game at this quick topic thread here
You are the
Mafia Godfather
. When targeted by cop roles, you will apear as
Town
in his/her reports.

*scotmany12
You are the
Mafia Odd Night Murder
and can submit one person's name every odd night to kill (1,3,5,ect). That person will die the next morning unless your kill is prevented. You are one of two people on your team that can Night Kill.
* inHimshallibe

You are the
Mafia Even Night Murder
and can submit one person's name every even night to kill (2,4,6,ect). That person will die the next morning unless your kill is prevented. You are one of two people on your team that can Night Kill.
*Chevre/Paltry Excuse/Cove
You are the
Mafia Odd Night Doctor
and can submit one person's name every odd night to protect (1,3,5,ect). That person will not die the next day unless you are prevented or killed the night before.
*theopor_COD/zoraster
You are the
Mafia Even Night Doctor
and can submit one person's name every even night to protect (2,4,6,ect). That person will not die the next day unless you are prevented or killed the night before.
*ksun482
You are a regular
Mafia Goon
and have no special ablities.
*Quagmire/don_Johnson

Let me know what else you need.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Amished »

Good deal. Fun playing with you Yos; I think this was the first time ever..
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:29 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Excellent scumhunting by Amished and Yos btw. I learned a lot from you two. :D

While this isn't the best game I played, I liked how you guys distinguished scummy townies from scum.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Amished »

Now you just need to learn how to not be a scummy townie in the first place! Cove/PE was literally the only reason I didn't want to lynch you.

No, my name is not "Ed."
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:45 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Yeah. I'm D1 lynchbait whenever I'm town. I need to work on that. >.>.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Amished »

Scumteam of: scotmany, inHim, dj, Cove, Zoraster, and ksun.

Going back to when I came into the thread:

@nm8: looks like your excessive bandwagoning accusation on VV didn't really work this game..

Shoulda seen dj's vote of Cove for what it was; that's really weak in retrospect =\
scot *was* the buddy attacking me like that; hurray for confirmation :)

Anon gets some serious respect from me; you were pretty much right on on everybody since I've replaced in. The killing of scot was perfect, if you go back there was a lot of "maybe scot is town, maybe he's scum" that I don't know if he would've gotten to a lynch with the current people.

Also, I thought this was kinda fun:
Amished wrote:Need an Odd night killer.

3. RichardGHP
4. doc_johnson Quagmire
7. VasudeVa
8. Amished DizzyIzzyB13
11. Anon
12. Nachomamma8 mipe
17. Yosarian2 springlullaby
18. inHimshallibe
20. dahill1

Richard (depending on results);
dj and inHim are my top suspects
. I don't see how we can lose at this point with 1 scum in 8 people if we just lynch the people aren't really pro-town.

No, my name is not "Ed."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:19 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Mafia played bad. Pretty bad. Though when the majority of the group gets replaced out its tough. Probably should have killed anon instead of fonz. Really disliked the setup, I wouldn't qualify this as a normal game. Plus, the mod who originally flaked (thanks for taking over farside) refused to tell the mafia who our scum buddies were for quite a while. Only until we all asked in the quicktopic did he finally give us a list.

Amished, you played really good, but that "tell" on paltry/cove you used isn't a tell at all. You have got lucky the other times you used it, but that isn't a scumtell.

Also, Anon, while I was legit scummy, and knew you were going to kill me, that "he's scum because he asked for my reasoning," is not a legit reason to think someone is scum. However, you still had every right to kill me as I was scummy and had not been playing well.

Meh...not happy with this game on a lot of fronts.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:33 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Also. I wanted to say something about the zoraster lynch. Not the him being lynched part, but I disliked how some people were criticizing his v/la. That didn't sit well with me at all. He was obviously busy, calling his v/la convenient and pissant is kinda classless.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Amished »

@scot: Then we'll agree to disagree on the tell.

However, had you killed Anon; I would've outed myself as the odd night watcher since I watched Anon on N3 (Izzy watched Yos N1; and I watched Yos N5)

No, my name is not "Ed."
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, too many scum, and too many powerroles for the town. Setup was a mess.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

Post by don_johnson »

i didn't read a single page. null tell as i've done it as town as well, but when i replaced in the scum were already behind the eight ball. fun playing with everyone though. town really pulled together nicely.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Good work, Amish, Yos, Anon.

'Tis a bittersweet ending for me since VV proved my tell wrong :(
Alas, another day, another time, another game...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Woot, town win, yay.

Now is as good a time as any to tell you that my D5 report was faked.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:14 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I was pretty good at picking out power roles. Not so good at not letting the rest of my team die like a house of cards. I felt handcuffed to lynches most of the time.

Which means it was a job well done by Town. Good game.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Amished »

Yeah, I went through and saw you were on pretty much every lynch inHim... Jeez.

@Richard: why would you fake something like that?

I do think it should've been quite swingy; town had a lot of power to get rid of a *lot* of scum

No, my name is not "Ed."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

scotmany12 wrote:Mafia played bad. Pretty bad. Though when the majority of the group gets replaced out its tough. Probably should have killed anon instead of fonz. Really disliked the setup, I wouldn't qualify this as a normal game.
Plus, the mod who originally flaked (thanks for taking over farside) refused to tell the mafia who our scum buddies were for quite a while.
Only until we all asked in the quicktopic did he finally give us a list.
That was terrible modding, tbh. This game also could have been broken by D1 massclaim, which is usually the sign of modfail. I don't have a problem with a big scumgroup with a significant problem (having to protect the murderers). Too many confirmable town definitely was a problem. Of course, there were the scum doctors. Scum shot themselves in the foot completely by not fakeclaiming (though, I suppose Zoraster probably had reason to believe his V/LA would protect him better than a claim).

Might have helped, but as you can see from the QT, I'd have been going after Don all guns blazing the next morning had I lived (I re-read overnight and the one big thing that came up was that Quag's D1 Richard vote was scummy as hell), and then gone for you when he flipped scum.
Amished, you played really good, but that "tell" on paltry/cove you used isn't a tell at all. You have got lucky the other times you used it, but that isn't a scumtell.
I think you're being obstinate here. It clearly makes sense. There are explanations for the behaviour other than scum-ness, and you can't expect it to go on working every time, because no tell is that good, but it's worth going with.
Scot wrote:Also, Anon, while I was legit scummy, and knew you were going to kill me, that "he's scum because he asked for my reasoning," is not a legit reason to think someone is scum.
Yeah, I agree here.

RichardGHP wrote:Woot, town win, yay.

Now is as good a time as any to tell you that my D5 report was faked.
Yeah, and everyone suspected as such, because it seemed clear only the designated murderers could kill. That was a truly horrible, horrible thing to do, and was more likely to get you lynched than almost anything else you could have done. What was the actual case? You forgot to submit one?

As for Scot's argument about Zoraster, I couldn't disagree more. Town has every right to express frustration at a very scummy player, and the leading candidate for lynching, claiming a V/LA which happens to run to the day after the deadline, even if it is entirely true. We didn't 'attack him' for being V/LA at all. Pissant just means annoying. Zoraster's attempt to strawman the wagon on him didn't help his cause.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Anon »

scotmany12 wrote:Mafia played bad. Pretty bad. Though when the majority of the group gets replaced out its tough. Probably should have killed anon instead of fonz. Really disliked the setup, I wouldn't qualify this as a normal game. Plus, the mod who originally flaked (thanks for taking over farside) refused to tell the mafia who our scum buddies were for quite a while. Only until we all asked in the quicktopic did he finally give us a list.

Also, Anon, while I was legit scummy, and knew you were going to kill me, that "he's scum because he asked for my reasoning," is not a legit reason to think someone is scum. However, you still had every right to kill me as I was scummy and had not been playing well.

Meh...not happy with this game on a lot of fronts.
I really dont know how to explain how I realized you were scum. Its not because you asked for my reasoning. Its because you were asking for additional information you wouldn't need as a townie entity with solid reads. In this case, you asked for additional reasoning for thinking donjhonson was scum. Why would you need more information if you already had donjhonson as scum?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Anon »

Anyways I almost replaced out of this game for lack of time. Glad I didnt. Only came back when you were about to lynch me to claim after mod couldnt find a replacement.

Im really proud of this game. The majority of my reads were accurate once I got back. Even Richard. He was a scumbag with a town PM. ¬¬

Good game all. Shame on deathnote for flaking and because I agree this was a good idea but terribly implemented.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Good game, everyone.

I don't know if the game was unbalanced; if a few pro-town people had gotten mislynched early, the large scum voting block could easily have swung the game the other way.

I was so frustrated when I got roleblocked on night 2, heh. My whole game plan was to get through the first few days without getting nightkilled, get off one investigation, claim, and then probably get nightkilled; seemed like the best way I could help the town. And then I wanted to make absolutely sure I gave no sign of it on day 3, in case there was a scum roleblocker watching me to see if I would react to being roleblocked. Whole thing totally threw me off my game for a little while there, and I really wasn't playing my best for a big part of day 3.

Other then that, though, I'm pretty happy with my play this game. Most of my reads were pretty solid, and I'm glad I was open minded enough to stop going after Richard once I had reason to think he might be town from his tracker claim.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Was there a dead QT?

I faked the report because I didn't get to request one that night and I figured it made sense, from a logical standpoint, for a godfather to have the ability to kill as well as the murderers. I suppose I was hoping it would go unnoticed. Please don't berate me too heavily for it. Mistakes, learning from them, moving on and so on.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Anon »

Ive lost the little respect I had for you, Richard.

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Couldn't really care less. A lot of people hate me, one extra doesn't add anything interesting.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Anon »

I dont hate you. I dont understand how someone cant improve even a little after some games.

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I'm taking up a new playstyle in all games I sign up for; you might just approve of it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”