Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Mafia 113: Mafia in Mendo ~ Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Ythill »

Mafia in Mendo

In 2006, the Oregon State Police annual report on organized crime recognized a new threat. Though it's well known that domestic marijuana production has been rampant in northern California for a long time, recent evidence has suggested that one of the more violent Mexican drug cartels has been recruiting growers in the area. Authorities in California have been struggling to rid themselves of this menace but the citizens of Mendocino and Humbolt counties, where their most lucrative cash crop is illegal, don't cooperate with law enforcement and so efforts have failed miserably. Some have postulated that the only way to keep the Mexican Mafia out of northern California is for the growers themselves to take action. The time for that solution has come...

• Still Growing Weed

• chnorek
    greenindirt

• Chronopie
    sirdanilot

• dramonic
  • boberz
  • Nicodemus
  • MehPlusRawr
  • CryMeARiver
    horrordude0215
  • Burnt Out (not faded away)

• danakillsu ~
    Vanilla Townie, lynched D1

• Furolow ~
    Vanilla Townie, shot N1

• The Fonz ~
    Town Jailkeeper, shot N1

• Deer ~
    Town Tracker, poisoned N1/D2

• Damon_Gant ~
    Vanilla Townie, lynched D2

• bv310 ~
    Mafia Watcher, shot N2

• HackerHuck ~
    Vanilla Townie, shot N2

• Diacria ~
    Vanilla Townie, poisoned D2

• CCARaven4 ~
    Vanilla Townie, lynched D2

• Jack ~
    Town Gunsmith, shot N3

• RichardGHP ~
    Vanilla Townie, shot N3
  • The Consensus

[*]4 ~ dramonic (chnorek, MehPlusRawr, CryMeARiver, Nicodemus)

• 2 ~ chnorek (dramonic, Chronopie)
  • Not Voting: boberz
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get too stoned to post (or whatever) PM ani for assistance.
  • Game over!
    Mafia
    wins!
Disclaimer:
Drugs are bad, m’kay. This game contains references that may glamorize the production, sale, and use of illegal intoxicants without fairly portraying the risks. If you are considering becoming involved in such things, please perform the research necessary to make an informed decision. If you are a minor, that research should include a frank discussion with your parents.
Last edited by Ythill on Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 87 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Ythill »

Mafia in Mendo Rules

1. General Rules

2. The following rules are not open to negotiation. They will be enforced with replacement, modkill, or rampant belittling in front of your friends as deemed appropriate by the mod. All moderator rulings are final. Whining will get you nowhere.
  3. These rules will be used for all games that I moderate. If you believe that the rules have given you a clue about the set-up, you are on drugs.
  4. This game is meant to be fun for all involved. Don’t be an asshole. That said, this is also a game about arguing. So don’t be overly sensitive. I will not intervene in disagreements unless I am asked to.
  5. Don’t second guess the mod. If I have not explicitly stated that something is true, then it is not guaranteed.
  6. I am not perfect. If I have made a mistake, let me know. Pointing out a vote count error or something of the sort is not considered whining (see above).
  7. Do not talk about this game outside of the thread unless your role PM says otherwise (and then only at night). If another player contacts you about this game outside the thread, you must report them to me immediately by PM or you are guilty of breaking this rule.
  8. If your role PM contradicts any of these rules, the PM takes precedence. Rules delivered by role PM are as non-negotiable as those given here.
  9. All player actions will be adjudicated according to the NAR.
  10. This is a
    normal
    game. Any flavor included in role PMs is alignment-neutral and provided for your enjoyment only. At a player’s request, I will provide original PM flavor for any role he wishes to claim. Vanilla Townie PMs are all identical and have been provided below.
  1. Role Death and Win Conditions

2. Once you’re dead, stop posting. Please refrain from making “bah” posts although players killed by lynch may post during twilight.
  3. No player may replace back into the game after dying.
  4. The mafia faction(s) will win the game when they start the day comprising a majority of the living players or nothing can prevent the same.
  5. The town will win the game when all threats have been eliminated.
  6. No member of the town needs to be alive to win. If any combination of opposing mafias and vigilantes cross-kill in a way that ends the game with no living players, the town wins.
  7. If a Serial Killer submits a kill in an endgame during which cross-kills eliminate all players, he survives and wins the game.
  8. There are no ties. If a two-man endgame results in a tie due to the logical interaction of power roles, the winner is determined as follows: if one is a killer and one is self-protecting or immune to the kill, the killer wins; if one is a killer and the other is a blocker, the blocker wins; if both are blockers but one has the option of killing, the killer wins; if both are blockers with the option of killing, both die and the town wins.
  9. Third-party win conditions may alter the above rules (ex: Lovers). If a third-party win or loss occurs before the natural endgame (ex: Lyncher) the player(s) will be removed from the game and play will continue until a faction winner is determined.
  1. Timeline and Deadlines

2. Day refers to the period when the thread is unlocked. Each day will continue until deadline or until a majority vote indicates a lynch. All living players may post in the thread during Day.
  3. Twilight refers to the time between the final vote that indicates a lynch and the time when I lock the thread. All living players may post in the thread during twilight. The person lynched may make “final words” posts during Twilight. These posts are not required to be content neutral.
  4. Night refers to any time when the thread is locked. Players authorized (in their role PMs) to communicate with one another outside the thread may only do so at night. To be counted, all night actions must be sent during night.
  5. The first three day phases will each have an automatic deadline of three weeks. Subsequent days will each have an automatic deadline of two weeks. If a majority does not decide on a lynch by the deadline, no lynch will occur.
  6. Each night will have a deadline of 72 hours. If a night choice is not sent in by the deadline, the related action will not occur.
  7. Deadlines are not negotiable. There will be no extensions. Period.
  1. Activity Levels, Prods, and Replacements

2. You signed up to play this game. Your presence is a requirement. Lurking is not a viable strategy.
  3. Every player is
    expected
    to post daily. Every player is
    required
    to post at least once every 72 hours, except in a case where notice is given (see below).
  4. If you foresee that you will be absent from the game for a period of more than 72 hours, please post a note saying as much in the thread. To be considered valid, this note must include your expected date of return. If the term of your absence is unreasonable, you will be replaced immediately.
  5. Players who fail to post in a 72 hour period without giving notice will qualify for a prod. Prods will be sent at the request of any other player and
    may
    be sent independently by the mod.
  6. Any player who fails to pick up a prod and/or post in the game within an additional 24 hours will be replaced immediately. Any player who requires more than one prod during any day phase will be replaced when he qualifies for the second prod. Any player who requires more than two prods overall will be replaced when he qualifies for the third.
  7. Rule removed.

8. Players replaced or mod-killed due to inactivity will be blacklisted from my games in the future (case-by-case exceptions may be granted in extreme circumstances).
  1. Voting and Lynches

2. Unless his role PM states otherwise, any player may vote during the day phase. The purpose of the vote is to determine who is to be lynched. You may vote for any player, including yourself. You may also vote for “no lynch.”
  3. To be counted, votes must be posted in bold and conform to the following format:
    vote: player’s name
    (punctuation/spacing optional). Votes placed inside block quotes will not be counted. Votes posted with special formatting other than bold (such as color tags or area tags) will not be counted.
  4. Unless his role PM states otherwise, each player may vote for only one player (or no lynch) at a time.
  5. You may unvote at any time. To do so, post:
    unvote
    . It is not required that you unvote before changing your vote to another player but it is appreciated.
  6. Votes with misspelled or abbreviated names will be counted, so long as I can determine (without a doubt) whom the vote refers to.
  7. If, at any time, the vote results in a majority, a lynch will occur. The game will move immediately to twilight. After majority has been reached, no amount of unvoting will prevent the lynch. For the purposes of this game, “majority” means
    more than one half of the living players
    . For example, seven living players requires a majority of four to lynch. Six living players also requires a majority of four.
  8. If twilight occurs because of a deadline, there will be no lynch. Votes made during twilight will not be counted.
  9. Votes will be counted routinely and as requested. Vote counts will also include information on the deadline and how many votes are required to lynch.
  10. Everyone will be treated as if he unvoted at the beginning of each day and upon replacement.
  1. Post Guidelines

2. Post in English. Posting in code is not allowed.
  3. You may use special formatting as you see fit, except that spoiler tags and invisible text are not allowed. Also, don’t use special formatting in a way that impersonates the mod.
  4. If you are posting a prod request or other note addressed to me, please do so in bold. This is more of a guideline than a rule. If you ignore it and I miss your note, it’s your fault.
  5. Do not quote (or pretend to quote) moderator PMs in any format, though you may paraphrase them. Do not discuss the exact wording or time stamps of PMs.
  6. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread.
Sample PM
Vanilla Townie

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings, and a vote. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
Last edited by Ythill on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Ythill »

Welcome to the game. If you want to, you can post here during the confirmation phase. No votes placed before the opening flavor will be counted. About half the players have already confirmed.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hello guys. I'm the backup mod, if you don't know already. Just shoot me a PM if Yhtill has dissapeared from the Earth, and I'll be taking his place.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Hello guys. I'm the backup mod, if you don't know already. Just shoot me a PM if Yhtill has dissapeared from the Earth, and I'll be taking his place.
reposted in darkblue for everyone who uses tigers.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Jack »

Hola Amigos!
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

Vote: Ythill
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by dramonic »

blarg
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

/confirm
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Deer »

i think i've confirmed, but I'll do it here too.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by boberz »

Wooo, lets play.

Btw Jack you have already broken the rules lol
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 am

Post by Ythill »

It was Spanglish enough to get by the censors. :)

Only three more people need to confirm.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

Greetings, fellow Californians.

I propose a social contract for this game, by which we agree

A) Not to claim vanilla townie unless at L-1, we are the leading wagon with an impending deadline, or during a massclaim, or our claim can somehow shed light on someone elses (for example: someone claims to have tracked you going somewhere).

B) Not to self-vote, barring the 2:1:1 endgame scenario.

C) Not to lie about our roles.

All the above on pain of lynch. Please state whether you agree, or if not, which of those you feel you ought to be able to do.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:32 am

Post by boberz »

I wont be doing any of the above. But I am not convinced that we should say "on pain of lynch" untill we actually see the situations in detail. I would agree with that if there were a clause saying something like. 'If and only if, there is no justifyable excuse' or something similar.

Can I ask all a question:

How much mafia have you all played?
I have 3 completed games was town in all and won all.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Diacria »

The Fonz wrote:Greetings, fellow Californians.

I propose a social contract for this game, by which we agree

A) Not to claim vanilla townie unless at L-1, we are the leading wagon with an impending deadline, or during a massclaim, or our claim can somehow shed light on someone elses (for example: someone claims to have tracked you going somewhere).

All the above on pain of lynch. Please state whether you agree, or if not, which of those you feel you ought to be able to do.
Add D) Not to Lurk, and we're ready to go.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Hey guys, you know what I'm gonna do? I'm just going to pretend the game already started, I think that's what everyone should do. If I would want to vote, I'd just vote without it counting, then revote once the game officially starts.

Fonz I think that the stuff you said there is usually the best play (assuming town-alignment) but I am very much so against policy lynch so I refuse to 'sign the contract' so to speak.

I am not going to random vote, since I am very much against the 'joking phase' in early parts of the game. I would rather skip that shit and just cut right to the case (is that even a good expression lol, as you can see from my location I'm not a native english speaker).

starter question to all
:
1. anyone have any opinion on fonz about the stuff he proposed in post 12?
2. what is your previous experience (if this is your first game, state experience with chat, off-site and Face to Face mafia as well)

can't think of more at the minute. Anyway, for my experience, I've been playing a while so check my wiki. And as for fonz, I suppose it's mostly null that he proposes that stuff, but I don't like how is in favor of getting everyone to agree on a policy lynching method., However I have the idea this is playstyle rather than alignment but we'll see.

oh and question 2 is the same as bober's question but whatever
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:07 am

Post by dramonic »

The Fonz wrote: A) Not to claim vanilla townie unless at L-1, we are the leading wagon with an impending deadline, or during a massclaim, or our claim can somehow shed light on someone elses (for example: someone claims to have tracked you going somewhere).

I seriously hope you don't think scum will honour C)...
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 am

Post by dramonic »

sirdanilot wrote:
starter question to all
:
1. anyone have any opinion on fonz about the stuff he proposed in post 12?
2. what is your previous experience (if this is your first game, state experience with chat, off-site and Face to Face mafia as well)
1. The three points are fine by me, except for the fact I pointed out earlier
2. Wiki can answer that. I've played in ~33 games.
I'm a hoot
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Diacria »

dramonic wrote:
The Fonz wrote: A) Not to claim vanilla townie unless at L-1, we are the leading wagon with an impending deadline, or during a massclaim, or our claim can somehow shed light on someone elses (for example: someone claims to have tracked you going somewhere).

I seriously hope you don't think scum will honour C)...
Vote: Dramonic
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 am

Post by dramonic »

WIFOM vote, much?
I'm a hoot
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:20 am

Post by boberz »

sirdanilot wrote:Hey guys, you know what I'm gonna do? I'm just going to pretend the game already started
Who did you leanr that off ;)
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 am

Post by boberz »

I sense that sirdanilot is assuming the sort of authority he would have as an IC in a newbie game, he does not have this here we are all equals.

1/ I therefore see his manner as a way to lead town.

2/ I also think he sits on the fence calling The Fonz null, it may be true but he could have not hedged his bets so much "it might just be playstyle..." etc.

3/ It could also be called active lurking. Why even mention it if it just his playstlye, it is not as if anyone was suspecting him or writing him off. It was attempt to look like contribution without there being any.

4/ He also copied my question, admitting to it. why??? a clear attempt at buddying with me!

---

This guy is scum,
I will prevote sirdan
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Diacria »

Why do people always think that leading the town is scummy? It's not.
Nullreads with musing are also scummy now!...not
Active lurking at Pg. 1????? You're funny.
lolwut.

Unvote, Vote boberz

Dramonic is still scum though.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:45 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Boberz dont bring meta of an ongoing game into this game. It's
against the rules

I can behave authoritarian as damn well as I please. Explain to me how it is scummy. Now.

1. how is leading town scummy?
2. Yes I am sitting on the fence here. It's very early game and I am not too sure what to make of Fonz' post. To be honest I am more leaning null than leaning towards it being a scum tell.

3. I contributed much more than most people in this thread. I cannot 'scumhunt' when there's only one contentful post in the entire damn thread.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:46 am

Post by sirdanilot »

crossposted with diacria.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”