Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:37 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Chronopie wrote:
Vote: Chnorek

If he flips town, I'm looking back at dram's iso for scumminess.
IF HE FLIPS TOWN, WE LOSE. DRAMONIC IS TRYING TO CONFUSE YOU.

3 scum (likely)
+ 4 town
________
7 people
- 1 town doctor (I think)

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote: dramonic
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nicodemus wrote:
Vote: dramonic
Here is to hoping Dramonic flips scum!
Tonight:
Meh shoot Nico
Nico shoot Meh
Chronek protect anyone besides Meh or Nico

Ahhh, this is just fun :wink:
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Chronopie »

Well Nico hammered, so now we wait on Ythil.

If Chnorek doesn't die tonight, and the game continues (i.e. dram scum), do we assume Mafia doc?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:30 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Chronopie wrote:Well Nico hammered, so now we wait on Ythil.

If Chnorek doesn't die tonight, and the game continues (i.e. dram scum), do we assume Mafia doc?
Unless he's a godfather or something, I'm pretty sure the game is over. I am a Neutral Survivor JoaT with an innocent on Dramonic. Flavor is that I am determined to become the influencial grower in CA and after preparation I initiated the gang war between the growers and Mexican mafia and now I just need to survive. I breadcrumbed it in one place. Something about I'm not sure if "any third party would\should claim right now". Good game.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:46 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Bah. I guess we lost. Chrono-Dram-Nico scumteam, at a guess.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Bah. I guess we lost. Chrono-Dram-Nico scumteam, at a guess.
If Dram is scum, you haven't lost? Try again.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Oh, oops. >_> I meant chno, or possibly Bob.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Hey, you never know. Something crazy might happen and the game might go on (yeah right...)! Haha, good game guys. Curious to know why there was no poison doctor.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Maybe Chnorek is a Mafia poisoner, as opposed to doc? maybe even with a fakeclaim: "You know there is no doc in this game."

--

If it's really all over, I can speculate all I want, and no one needs to shout "Wifom"
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Chronopie wrote:Maybe Chnorek is a Mafia poisoner, as opposed to doc? maybe even with a fakeclaim: "You know there is no doc in this game."

--

If it's really all over, I can speculate all I want, and no one needs to shout "Wifom"
No mod would ever say that. Just sayin'
Nice WIFOM though :wink:
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Well if you are Neutral Joat, and Dram isn't scum, then its over anyway. Right? so I can Wifom all I want.

And why wouldn't a mod say: there are no docs?

after all, Ythill did say that the pm that Chnorek 'quoted' was either
Ythill wrote:the town doc flavor line, the mafia doc flavor line, or the doc flavor line given to him for the purpose of fake-claiming.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by dramonic »

=_=

Chronek mafia-doc, Nico mafio.
Calling it
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by chnorek »

dramonic wrote:=_=

Chronek mafia-doc, Nico mafio.
Calling it
uh just because i was gone for some time doesnt make me scum. im doc and i will protect mpr tonight if i can.
you can stop speculating already you scum.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Ythill »

That's a confirmed lynch. I will post flavor and reveal ASAP.

• The Consensus

[*]4 ~ dramonic (chnorek, MehPlusRawr, CryMeARiver, Nicodemus)

• 2 ~ chnorek (dramonic, Chronopie)
  • Not Voting: boberz
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get too stoned to post (or whatever) PM ani for assistance.
  • Overall Prod Count: dramonic (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • CryMeARiver will be V/LA until Friday, May 16.
  • With seven alive it takes four to lynch. The deadline is May 23, 22:30 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Ythill »

“I’ll tell you what I’m going to do,” you growl, “figure out who’s responsible and we bring an end to it right here.”

Jack’s present leaps into your hand, but you aren’t the only one who thought to bring a gun today. In a heartbeat, everyone is armed. In this paranoid climate, nobody is really sure who to aim at and there is an awkward moment -a clumsy but deadly dance- during which the future, for all of you, is very unclear. Four days of hazy talk and over-eating has come down to this: seven stoners in a standoff that is literally Mexican. Quentin Terentino would be proud.

Sea-spray stings your eyes as you shift your aim from the biker to the chemist, from one familiar face to another. These men were like brothers to you less than a week ago. Now the only thing left to decide is who is going to kill who. All for the lousy southern market and a few million dollars. The only thing more powerful than your fear right now is your disgust at how far the mighty have fallen. Then, unexpectedly, someone starts laughing.

Gleefully, Bob pops the buttons on his shirt, revealing a bulletproof vest. “Looks like I won the arms race, you stupid fuckers.” His stance is casual, his grin cocky. He takes a long drink out of the beer he opened a few minutes ago before starting an arrogant speech that he never gets to finish. “Everybody always thinks to bring a gun, right? I knew it. So, this morning when I was…” His expression turns momentarily quizzical (
do you taste that?
) and then fearful. He gasps, staggers, and falls. Nobody sees the chemist smile but, a moment later, everyone sees him level an important third pistol on Dram.

“It’s clear you’re the one who sold us out,” the chemist says. “Hey Nico, you want to settle this for us?”

“My pleasure, boss,” the goon answers. The fourth gun isn’t just aimed, it’s fired. Dram’s back explodes and paints the sand red. That bullet is the first raindrop of a typhoon. Gunshots crackle like fireworks or the beats of a drum-roll. Despite the wind, a blue-gray haze of powder smoke hovers for a moment over the scene. Then, like the fleeting hope that a group of stoned pacifists would be able to overcome a real syndicate, it is gone.

Above you, the leering chemist is fading. Your life is quickly escaping onto the beach and your breath comes in ragged gasps but you manage to say, “You… bastard. How could… you… give in?”

“Give in? You think I we were pressured?” He laughs uproariously. Lightning flashes behind him on the horizon. “I
started
this war, amigo. And now I’ve finished it too.”

boberz has been poisoned. He was a
Bulletproof Townie
Dramonic has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie
MehPlusRawr has been endgamed. He was the
town’s Vigilante
Chronopie has been endgamed. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Game over! Scum Wins! Congratulations to chnorek, Nicodemus, bv310, and CryMeARiver.

I’ll be posting night actions, role PMs, QT links, and commentary in a little while. Of course comments and criticisms are welcome from everyone.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by Ythill »

Quick Topics

Scum QT
Graveyard

Night Actions

N1

Fonz jailkeeps HH.
Meh vigs Furc.
Jack smiths Richard (no gun).
Deer tracks BV (Fonz).
Nico NKs Fonz.
BV watches Fonz (Nico).
CMAR poisons Deer.

N2

Jack smiths Diacria (no gun).
Meh vigs bv.
Nico NKs HH.
CMAR poisons Diacria.
Bv watches HH.

N3

Jack smiths Meh.
CMAR poisons Boberz.
Chnorek NKs Jack.
Meh vigs Richard.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Shit, 4 scum,
with
poison day kill. Not quite balanced.

OTOH I can still trust dram's endgame numbers.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Ythill »

Role PMs

Vanilla Townie

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

Gunsmith

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You run the local gun club and have a list of all the members’ addresses. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, I will tell you whether or not that player’s role owns a gun.

Jail-keeper

You are posing as one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You are actually an undercover federal agent intent on wiping out the Mexican Mafia. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, that player’s role will be both immune to and incapable of engaging in night actions. You may not target yourself. If your block causes a logical tie in a two man endgame, your faction wins unless the opposing player is a blocker who can choose to kill.

Tracker

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You’re also an army veteran who grew up in these woods. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, you will receive the name(s) of whomever was targeted by that player’s role, if any.

Bulletproof

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You know how dangerous this lifestyle can be and so have made your house into a fortress. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

If any player attempts to shoot you, the action will fail. If your immunity causes a logical tie in a two-man endgame, you die and the killer’s faction wins.

Vigilante

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You’re also an outlaw biker with a quick temper and a big gun. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, that player’s role will die.

Mafia Goon

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. Living or dead, you win the game when your faction represents a majority of the living players at the beginning of the day or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

You have succumbed to greed and now deal heavily with the Mexican Mafia. XXX, XXX, and XXX made the same choice. Between meetings, you can talk to them in this thread which will be made public during the post-game unless one of you requests otherwise by PM.

After each meeting, you or one of your buddies may PM me the name of one player and, if the action is successful, that player’s role will die. The first name sent to me will be the one I use and the player who sends it will be the shooter.

Mafia Watcher

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You’re also an insomniac who wanders the streets at night. Living or dead, you win the game when your faction represents a majority of the living players at the beginning of the day or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of a player and, if your action is successful, you will receive the name(s) of that player’s target(s), if any.

You have succumbed to greed and now deal heavily with the Mexican Mafia. XXX, XXX, and XXX made the same choice. Between meetings, you can talk to them in this thread which will be made public during the post-game unless one of you requests otherwise by PM.

After each meeting, you or one of your buddies may PM me the name of one player and, if the action is successful, that player’s role will die. The first name sent to me will be the one I use and the player who sends it will be the shooter. You may not deliver the kill and use your night power on the same night.

Mafia Poisoner

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You are also a chemist who has mastered sleight of hand. Living or dead, you win the game when your faction represents a majority of the living players at the beginning of the day or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and that player’s role will be killed during the twilight scene of the following day. Delivering your kill is considered to be a night action but the kill itself is a day action.

After each meeting, one of your buddies may PM me the name of one player and, if the action is successful, that player’s role will die. The first name sent to me will be the one I use and the player who sends it will be the shooter. You cannot deliver the group’s kill.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Ugh. I should've killed Nico on N3- I had a gutread of him as scum, but for some reason I killed Richard instead.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Yeah, I'm no balance king but it does seem slightly in the scum's favor even with the bulletproof replacing a doc role. it would be a little more balanced to have the poison take more than a day to kill someone. That said, the 'red herring' type power roles really made it somewhat like dominoes where doing the expected behaviour made one more likely to get caught.

Good game scum.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

Shit, 4 scum,
with
poison day kill. Not quite balanced.
I think it was balanced toward a scum win, but not as much as people (aka Dram) are going to be ranting about here in a minute. The town had seven misses. Four if the vig wasn't shooting. Remember, the scum only got one kill N1.

IMO, the town played a pretty abysmal game here. The scum made one really bad mistake and it cost them their watcher, but they played it well otherwise. The town didn't even seem to be rereading the thread. CMAR made a post on D2 that should have gotten both he and chnorek killed before endgame, but nobody even mentioned it. Also, FTR, Fonz had 2/3 living scum picked out on D3 in the Graveyard. Killing him might have been the best play the scum made, though poisoning the BPT and turning LYLO around on Dram were helpful as well.

But no, a town win wasn't easy. The best strategy was obvious: hunt the poisoner down at all costs. Scum were in the same boat with the vig. Removing the second kill from either team while the other one was still alive was nearly a guarenteed victory.

Other caveats: Delivering the poison target was a night action (could be blocked), but the actual kill was a day action (could not be protected but killing the poisoner on the previous night prevented it). Vig:scum endgame was a town win. Jailkeeper:scum endgame was a town win. BPT:scum endgame was a scum win. The vig was the only townie with a gun, the poisoner was the only townie without a gun. The poisoner could not, under any circumstances, deliver the mafia group kill; if CMAR was the only scum left alive, poison was his only weapon.
Last edited by Ythill on Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Ythill »

HH wrote:That said, the 'red herring' type power roles really made it somewhat like dominoes where doing the expected behaviour made one more likely to get caught.
I know, right? I was cringing on the scum's behalf when chnorek claimed doc. Poison doc would have been a better claim but it worked so I can't fault them too much for it.

I was LOLing @ Dram's final arguments. He was wrong about the setup and very wrong with the scum-doc angle and the Graveyard thread was chanting for his lynch... but he was right about the play. If chnorek had been lynched, M+R would have NKed Niko. That would have left Dram, Chrono, and CMAR in the endgame, and I don't see what could have happened to keep the town from winning at that point.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Chronopie »

If we'd gone with claimed-doc lynch: When Chnorek had flipped scum, the % chance of Dram being scum -> 0. I would (almost) blindly follow the owl at that point. :P

and a dram, chrono vs. CMAR endgame would have had CMAR lynched quickly. (or so I'd like to think)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Chronopie »

So Dram, if said 3 man lylo had occurred, would you have tried lynch me or CMAR.

CMAR, same question, me or Dram?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”