NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Well we had the brilliant idea to try to ally up and start lynching scum. Problem was that I tole one mason to for unsight. Then I tell the monks. Then each of them tells they want to vote for another person.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 am

Post by nhammen »

AGar wrote:Ythan - about my really weird post. I was setting up a breadcrumb, because I was almost certain my attempt to lynch Tubby would backfire, or I would need to explain it the next day.
I
f you really don't believe me, it's understandable.
S
ometimes you just need to go with gut.
O
nce in a while, it'll work.
R
eally though, this is a bit more than gut.
C
all it an 'informed decision'.
E
ducated guess if you will.
R
ight now, we're competing between lynching an anti-town player, a player who is very likely scum and now being introduced is tubby's possible lynch.
E
very one of them has a case.
R
ightfully so.
N
one are better than this though.
O
therwise I wouldn't be pushing it.
P
erhaps it's a bit of a stretch, given the one post I've left you too look at, but it'll make sense.
R
ead the post, read my posts, you'll get a better idea.
O
nce the time is right, I'll spell it out if I have to.
T
hat's something I'd rather avoid, but if I must, I will.
T
ime is on our side though, so really try and figure it out.
U
nder any other circumstances, I'd be more direct with this.
B
ut I can't be.
B
ecause there are reasons.
Y
ou understand, don't you?
Spells out: I SORCERER NO PROT TUBBY.

I hadn't protected Tubby either of those nights, so I thought Pom was trying to clear Tubby by saying "We tried to kill him." I nearly shit a brick when he flipped mafia and not werewolf.
Ugh! Pom was obviously implying that Tubby was some sort of un-NKable role. I wasn't sure if this was a scum gambit of some type, but she was obviously trying to get him lynched, so Tubby was definitely not Werewolf. At the beginning of the next day I was screaming to myself that nobody was mentioning the comment.

As soon as you started using cryptic language to describe your reasons you were obv PR. If you are a PR, and think your role information had found a scum, you DO NOT use cryptic methods to get him. Find something else suspicious they have done and PUSH on that. Never be cryptic in your suspicions; it points a neon arrow at you.
Ythan wrote:It's murder on a mod to try to police that sort of thing. Plus, as long as it can be faked, I don't see any reason that one should try.
I have never ever seen someone fake a breadcrumb. It can be done, but it isn't done as often as the real thing. I partially agree with Michel about his rule. Not quite enough to use the rule myself, but a little bit. There was a Mason breadcrumb in Mafia 110 made by Konowa that would be very hard to fake if it had needed to be used as first thought up. (One mason breadcrumbed and then mentioned the breadcrumb in the QT. The other mason could then show the other players where this breadcrumb was.) A very well made breadcrumb is as strong as encryption.

Well, during the course of the game I pegged 3 scum (askbob, foilist, and Pom) but dropped my suspicion of foilist because foilist defended me when it wasn't necessary. Dumb me. I wish Pom would have been the one to make the kill N2. Then my role would have at least done something.

Also, congrats for your push on me on D1 Parama. I would say more, but I don't want to reopen any argument... Also, the number of players that were sheeping in this game is just awful. vezo, your insistence on following Parama in almost everything really really hurt us.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 am

Post by AGar »

@nham - I usually end up with a VT or scum role. I've gotten a PR a grand total of twice now in my mafia history. I really don't know how to set up breadcrumbing and handle the roles appropriately. I'm a shitty PR, honestly. I play better as a VT because I don't need to worry about not biting a NK.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

And that's a wrap!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”