New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

It was a busy day at Prozac's Pharmaceutical Company on 42nd floor of Prozac Tower. The staff were having a sucky day so far. The lift had broken down, so the stairs were the only way in and out. As Cayke ran through the door she bumped into her boss, Oman, departmental manager.

"Your late, so now I'm late for my meeting with Porochaz. Go hang your coat up and get to work" Oman said, glaring at her, He walked out the door, not realising he would be the only person walking out of the floor for the next few days.

Cayke went to hang up her coat in the cloakroom, not noticing the shady menacing figure behind her.

Meanwhile Porochaz was telling Oman about how there was a local mafia claiming to have infiltrated the company and were planning to steal all the companies Prozac.

"What do we do?" Oman asked.

"Well, I have locked the door to the 42nd floor, and the lift has been shut down. Noone can get in, and noone can get out. We let the people within sort it out, whilst we watch using the intercom and the camera system I had installed" Porochaz explained.

"So they are definetly within our 17 employees?" Oman asked.

"No... 16, now, Porochaz said pointing at his monitor, more specifically at Caykes corpse, with a sharpened umbrella impaled through her.

Employee list:

Zorblag

Charlie

Oso
Diginova

Mr.Sandman

Toogleloo

Wraith

Benmage

Mothrax

Lowell

tubby316

Stef

Furculow
Anon

Agar

Petroleumjelly
CCARaven

Toon Fighter

Tazaro
Fugitive

Ex-Employee List:
XX. Cayke - NPC Neutral Survivor - Killed Pre Game
06. Wraith - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
12. Furcolow - Town Tracker - Killed Night 1
02. Charlie - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2
14. Petroleumjelly - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
09. Lowell - Town Bodyguard - Lynched Day 3

07. Benmage - Mafia Goon - Killed Night 3

13. AGar - SK - Killed Night 3

10.tubby216 - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 4
3. Oso - Town Jailkeeper - Died Night 4

16. Tazaro - Mafia Godfather - Lynched Day 5

05. Toogeloo - Mason - Killed Night 6

GAME RULES

General
01. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun. Make sure you have fun, but please don't ruin the fun of others.

02. Players are required to know the rules. Whenever a rolepm contradicts the rules, the rolepm applies. Because of this, players are also required to read their rolepm.

03. Any major questions to the mod should be asked through pm. Minor questions in the game thread. Please bold questions.

04. The mod is only human, and can make mistakes. If you believe you've spotted a mistake by the mod, please let him know.

05. The mod reserves the right to act in the way he deems best for the game. In exceptional circumstances, he could take actions that actually contradict these rules.

06. Only the mod and players who are alive in the game are allowed to post in the game thread. Bah Posts are allowed as long as they consist of the words "Bah, Go [alignment]"

07. It is not allowed to talk about this game outside of the game thread, except with the mod. This includes talking with people who aren't in the game!

08. It is also not allowed to use coding, small or invisible text to hide information in your messages inside the thread.

09. Do not quote any private conversations with the mod inside the thread. Do not discuss formatting of such conversations either.

10. Not posting is unacceptable. Players are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you are unable to do so, please inform us through the Vacation/Limited Access thread. If you do not post for 48 hours without prior informing, you will receive a prod. Not posting for 24 hours after that, or being prodded too much will result in a replacement.

11. Players are not allowed to edit or delete posts they made in the game thread.

12. Any action that is illegal to do, is also illegal to fake.

The rules of Mafia

13. The game of mafia consists of days and nights. This game starts with day. During the day, the thread is open for posting, during the night the thread is closed.

14. In the game, players can die. A player has died (and should therefore stop posting) as soon as the mod has posted that that player died. Dead players can still win. Dead players can't use any abilities they have.

15. Each day, the players vote on someone to lynch. A lynched player will die. For convenience of the mod and other players, voting should be done in the format
Vote: Player Name
. Votes can be withdrawn by unvoting, in the format
Unvote: Player Name
. A vote or unvote will be counted if, after reading the post, the mod believes there was intent to vote.

16. As soon as a mayority of votes (more then half the number of votes) agrees on a person to lynch, that decision stands. Vote changes after that will no longer be counted.

17. It is also possible to decide not to lynch anyone. Votes for this decision should read Vote: No Lynch. It requires a mayority of votes for a no lynch to take place.

18. Each game day will last until the mod posts that the day has ended. This happens if the players have made a decision on a lynch, or when the deadline hits, whichever comes first. Each day, deadline hits after 3 weeks. If no decission has been made at deadline, then it takes half the amount of votes to lynch, if there is 2 people above the limit then the one who reached the limit first will be lynched, if noone is at the limit, there will be no lynch.

19. Likewise each night will last until the mod posts that the night ends. A night lasts at least 48 hours. If a player has a nightchoice, their rolepm tells what happens if they do not send it in during the night.

20. The game ends as soon as anyone has fullfilled his or her win condition, or if there have been three day/night (or night/day) cycles without a death, or if everyone has died.

21. At the end of the game, all players who have fullfilled their wincondition win, and all players who haven't fullfilled their wincondition don't win.
Last edited by Porochaz on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Porochaz »

The Vanilla Townie role PM looks like this:
Vanilla Role PM wrote:
Rolename:

Vanilla Townie

You have the following abilities:

During the day, you can vote on which player should be lynched.

You have the following win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are dead, and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Other information:

Please confirm that you have read the rules and your rolepm by sending a pm with your role to the moderator. If you have not confirmed within 48 hours after I sent you this pm, I will start looking for a replacement.

I will post in the thread (which can be found HERE) and send all players a pm when the game starts. The start of the game will be when

Before the start of the game, the thread is open. You are free to post there. However, votes made before the start of the game will not be counted.
NOTE: All role PM's will follow this format.

Roles in this game are limited to:

Cop (confirmed sanity)
Macho Cop
Doctor (sane)
Vigilante
Tracker
Watcher
Miller
Jail Keeper
Mason (confirmed alignment)
Bodyguard
Vanilla Townie
Roleblocker
Godfather
Role Cop
Goon
Bulletproof
Traitor
Serial Killer

Links to these roles are here: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... zoraster_2
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Porochaz »

Half the role pms sent out. The rest will be sent out later this evening.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Porochaz »

All roles are out.

Remember I need you to PM me with your role to confirm otherwise it won't count.

Wraith is V/LA from the 19th to the 26th.

You may speak in the thread but not vote until 13/14 members of town confirm.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Stef »

Hey guys :)
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kinda forgot I was in on this game :|
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by AGar »

Hi.

Didn't expect this to start so soon lol.

Reading another large normal of 90 pages I just replaced into.

Life is grand :D
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Hey guys. :)

First game on new site layout. :igmeou:
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Wraith »

AGar! *shakes fist* Curse yoooooooooou!
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by AGar »

In other fun news, after I decided to replace into two games, two games that I had signed up for started, bringing my total number of games I'm playing to 8: 3 newbies, 2 large normals, 2 mini normals and 1 mini theme.

Hi Wraith. Let's see, I also know Sensfan, Diginova, Charlie, Mr. Sandman, Mindgamer and Lowell.

'Ello, all.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

I'm only playing two. Two Large Normals (and dead in a few games)
~Toon fighter~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:01 am

Post by Porochaz »

Scum may talk until the game starts in the quicktopic.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:01 am

Post by Porochaz »

Rule 18 - deadline rules has been ammended.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Geeeze Agar, you gonna be able to handle this game with all the others you in?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 am

Post by AGar »

@Benmage - Yes, I'll be quite alright. I'm good at juggling these types of things.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Porochaz »

Mindgamer has been replaced in another game and will be replaced thusly, the other 4 I will be checking and prodding if they have posted on site in the last few days.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

Mothrax replaces Mindgamer.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Porochaz »

millar13 replaces BlazezRB
Last edited by Porochaz on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:16 am

Post by Porochaz »

Anon has been prodded, as he has posted on site in the last couple of days
Lowell was a mod mistake, he had confirmed.
Sensfan hasnt been on site for 18 days, he will be replaced as well.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:35 am

Post by Porochaz »

Zorblag replaces Sensfan
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 am

Post by AGar »

WOO TROLL!

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 am

Post by mothrax »

Hey guys. This should be much mor fun than the 10-12 player games I am used to.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Zorblag »

Good day everyone. I'll be replacing SensFan. It looks like I know a few of the people in the thread and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you. You're welcome to call me Zorblag, Zorb, Zor, Z or Troll. If you're interested in how I play, my previous games are all listed on my Wiki Page. Some of the links for the older games are broken as of the move to the new boards but the recent game links are working fine (the rest should be in the archives somewhere but I haven't bothered tracking everything down as I think the links are supposed to get a universal fix eventually.) If you'd like to know more about me outside the games you can check out my GTKAS Thread. If you've got any questions that the two of those don't answer feel free to ask. I'm not technically an IC this game but you're welcome to treat me as a resource for how things go on Mafia Scum.

So I'd like to start with some rules of thumb that I use for the F11 setup but which should still be mostly applicable here. Most of you are aware of these but for those that are relatively new and might not be I think they're helpful. There's a Mafia Discussion thread about them here if you'd like to see what other experienced players had to say about them (as well as a couple other things that might be worth looking at.)
Zorblag wrote:Here are some rules of thumb that I like a lot for the current newbie setup. There are no absolute rules in mafia and others might disagree about some of them (and I'm happy to discuss them so long as we don't detract from the game itself by doing it) but I'm a fairly traditional/conservative player and find these to be useful.

1. Townies without power roles should not lie about their role except in very specific situations (which are unlikely to come up in newbie games.) Lying to save yourself from a lynch as a vanilla townie is much more likely to hurt the town than to help in the long run.

2. Townies without power roles should generally not claim to be vanilla townies. This makes it easier for the scum to figure out who the power roles are if there are any. Assuming that townies are following rule 1 they should avoid making claims other than simply being a pro-town role unless there is some strategy that the Town is using (e.g. massclaim at LyLo) or they are about to be lynched anyhow and keeping their non-power role status no longer makes it easier for the scum to find power roles.

3. If you suspect someone else of having a power role you shouldn't out them. Support them if you see a way to do it that doesn't out them and watch carefully to see if there are reasons to reassess your belief. Leave the claim of the power role to them unless you think that they will be lynched while they are away and wouldn't be able to make the claim them self.

4. If you do have a power role you should keep it hidden for now. Do not let yourself get lynched without revealing it but there is no reason to advertise it at the start in the setups that we could be in. If the scum know who have the power roles now they have the power to lynch or role block powers during the night and negate their usefulness.

5. If you're town, don't self hammer. This kills a pro town role and hurts the town's chances in the long run. It's much better to try to defend yourself or at the very least force the other players to place the last vote. There are exceptions when a deadline is involved but in general don't think that you're doing the town any favors by self hammering.

If any of those are unclear please do ask about them.
Beyond that I'll wait for the game to start.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Stef »

Welcome Zorblag. Never played with you before :) Thanks for replacing, same to the other replacing players as well. Hopefully this game will start rolling soon.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

Millar is still to confirm.

Day 1 start.

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Absolutely none of you are voting.

Deadline is the 7th August.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”