BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Mafia 47: Kingmaker - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:26 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

PLEASE NOTE: In the interest of simplicity, all ruling persons will be referred to as "The King" within the rules. I mean no offense to the fairer gender, and they will be referred to as Queen _______ when they are chosen, but for the rules, assume all instances of "King" to mean "King or Queen".

The town crier runs through the streets. "THE KING HAS DIED!"

The news spreads like wildfire. Rumor has it that a group of assassins as infiltrated your fair kingdom and assassinated the king, looking to seize control of the land by assuming the throne. It becomes clear that these assassins must be rooted out and executed, but with the loss of the king, the town has no one to lead them. The town begins to degrade into a lynch mob, killing innocent townsfolk wildly accused of being in league with the conspirators. As chaos begins to tear through the town, a single cloaked figure speaks up.

"I am from the Royal Society of Kingmakers," he proclaims, "and I have a solution for your problem". He goes on to explain that ordinary citizens of the town will have the opportunity to act as King for the duration of one day. At the end of that day, the King must choose one person in the town to execute. The other citizens may voice their concerns, but, in the end, have no official means to execute another citizen. By making sure one individual controls the power, it will be difficult for the assassins to sway the town too greatly. The cloaked man reveals the shining signet of the Royal Society of Kingmakers and assures the town: "While it may be possible for an assassin to assume the role of the King for a day, rest easy that an honest citizen will always hold the position of Kingmaker. Talk with each other and trust in the Kingmaker's judgment, as they will help shape the fate of our kingdom."

And with those parting words, he vanishes.

Player List:

Alexander
Ameliaslay
elvis_knits
Fritzler
Fuldu
Glork
MrBuddyLee (rep. N_lich)
mystery meat of doom
petroleumjelly
RandomActs
Rosso Carne (rep. LML/chamber)
Shamrock (rep. mon_s237)
thesilentspeaker
Thok
Twomz
Vaughn
Vikingfan (rep. Broomhead)
VitaminR
Yosarian2

If you are interested in reading the game without knowing the roles of the players, I have removed the roles from this post. If you are interested in "spoiling" what has happened, you can click -here- to see the roles and lynches.
Last edited by BrianMcQueso on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 39 times in total.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:26 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

The Rules

Note: Stuff that's different from normal is italicized so you'll pay more attention to it.

>
Only the King's vote counts.
To help keep track of the thoughts of the townfolk, you may still vote, and I will still keep track of vote counts. If you wish to make your vote noted, it must be in
bold
. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
> Because citizens' votes do not affect the lynch decision,
you may vote for more than one player at once.
If you no longer find someone suspicious, unvote for them.
> Once the day's King has arrived at their decision of who to kill, they must post
EXECUTE: NAME
in bolded and all capital letters. After that post has occurred,
no more posts will be allowed, not even from the King.
The King may not change their mind after an execution order has occurred, so BE SURE if you want to execute someone.
> Days will last a minimum of 24 real-life hours. There should always be a chance for discussion before an execution.
> If the Kingmaker dies and there are no other players that are eligible to become a Kingmaker, then the town will revert to a lynch mob (voting and lynch, good ol' mafia style).
> Each day
must
end in an execution. "No Lynch" is not an option in this game. If I post a deadline and the King fails to make an execution in the allotted time, the King will be executed for his incompetence.
> If you'd like a vote count, feel that an inactive player needs to be prodded, or otherwise need to get my attention, let me know
in bold
. I like to read my games to see what's going on, but sometimes I'm rushed and only have time to skim and only read the bold text. I try to make sure there's a vote count on every page to make it easier to reference back, but I forget sometimes.
> If you plan on being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice in the thread or send me a private message. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don't leave us hanging. If you're unable to play for whatever reason, just drop me a PM letting me know, please just don't disappear. If you tell me, I promise I won't get mad; it's no problem for me to find replacements.
> The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
> Once your death scene has been posted, you're dead. Please stop typing. I'm fine with a few parting words such as "bah, go town", but nothing with game-affecting content. I'm pretty lenient about this, but don't push it.
Note that this does not apply if you are executed. NO TALKING AFTER THE EXECUTE ORDER HAS BEEN POSTED.

> Don't edit/delete previously submitted posts. If you accidentally double post or make a tragic formatting error, just let me know and I'll fix the problem. I'm pretty good at catching stuff like that anyway.
> If you have any questions, just ask. I'm cool like that. 8)
> Remember, it's just a game. It's supposed to be
fun
. Do your part, and stay active.

Flow of the Game

We will be starting with
Dawn

Day - Players discuss who they believe to be the assassins, and try to convince the King who to execute. Players may vote to keep track of their suspicions, but their votes do not count. Once the King posts an execution, the game immediately enters twilight.

Twilight - Once the King posts an execution,
no more posts may be made, not even by the King
. Twilight will last until I come in and post the execution scene.

Night - All players make their night actions except the Kingmaker. Once I have all the choices, we enter Dawn.

Dawn - I post the death scene, but the thread doesn't open yet. Once the Kingmaker knows which players are still alive, they secretly PM the new King choice to me. Once I reveal who the King is, the thread will be opened in Day. If the Kingmaker died, a new Kingmaker will be chosen in Dawn.
Last edited by BrianMcQueso on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:27 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Roles

A number of assassins have infiltrated the town, forming one anti-town killing group. An unknown amount of players have received the following PM:
Mafia wrote:You are one of the assassins, along with [name(s)]. Since your plot to take the throne quietly has failed, you will take it by force by eliminating the townsfolk until you outnumber the populace. Each night, you may talk with your fellow assassins and choose another player in the town to kill that night. Any member may send in the kill choice, it does not matter (since there are no Roleblockers or Trackers in this game). If I receive multiple kill choices, I will go with the most recent choice submitted. To the populace, you appear like normal townsfolk, which earns you the right to become the King, if the Kingmaker so chooses. However, the Royal Society of Kingmakers can not be fooled as easily, so you will never have the opportunity to become the Kingmaker. You win when your group outnumbers the town.
The townsfolk bring their own talents to the aid of the town. Any of these roles may be in the town, and there may be more than one of a particular role. There may also be roles listed who do not appear in this town.
Cop wrote:You are a town guard. Each night, you may patrol the town and investigate another player in the town. You can determine (with absolute accuracy) if that player is an assassin. Because of your duty to the throne, you will never receive the opportunity to become a Kingmaker, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Doc wrote:You are the town doctor. Each night, you may visit another player's home and attend to any wounds they have. If the assassins have attempted to kill that player that night, they will be spared. Because your duties consume all of your time, you will never receive the opportunity to become a Kingmaker, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Vig wrote:You are a radical vigilante. Upset with the Kingmaker system imposed on the town, you have decided to save the town on your own terms. Each night, you have the option to kill another player in the town whom you believe is an assassin. Because of your strong opposition to the Kingmaker system, you will never receive the opportunity to become a Kingmaker, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Mason wrote:You are a member of the secret Masonic society in town. Along with [name(s)], you all know each other to be innocent and not part of the assassin conspiracy. You may also discuss privately at night matters regarding the town. Your bond to the Masons prohibits you to join the Kingmaker society, and while you may never become a Kingmaker, you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Hero wrote: You are the beloved Hero of the People. You've spent your life standing up for the common man and striving to help them overcome the oppression of the monarchal system. If the King decides to execute you during the Day, the people will rise up and slay the King and your life will be spared. Your tie to the commonfolk means you can never accept an invitation from the secret elitist society of the Kingmakers, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Townie wrote:You are an ordinary citizen of the town. You have no abilities at night other than getting a good night's rest. However, as an honest, unbiased native of the kingdom, you have the potential to join the secret Kingmaker group and become a Kingmaker. Until you receive your invitation, you have only your wits and vote to defend yourself. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Kingmaker wrote:You are the Kingmaker. Each morning, after the assassins have killed (or attempted to kill) a member of the town, you must secretly choose another player in the town to become the new King. You may not choose yourself, and you may not choose the same player two days consecutively. If you are killed (either by the assassins or executed publicly), you will be given a list of people in the town who are eligible (pro-town players with no special abilities) to replace you as the Kingmaker. That player will become the new Kingmaker. You win when all the assassins are executed.
Thus, any player except the Kingmaker may become King. Only vanilla townies can become a Kingmaker.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:57 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Roles have been sent. Please confirm by PM. We'll be starting with Dawn, so there are no choices to be submitted except the Kingmaker's.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:04 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Day 1 Begins!

Today's King is
the silent speaker
. He will decide today's lynch. TSS, look to the rest of the town for guidance on who you should execute, but remember that the final decision is yours.

If you are unclear on how the Kingmaker system works, please PM me.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that we'll be starting with two people unconfirmed. If they don't pick up their PMs in a day or so I'll be getting on them.
Last edited by BrianMcQueso on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:07 am

Post by Fritzler »

I say you kill mon in exactly 23 hours and 57 minutes.
Surfs up dude.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

Random Vote: RandomActs

I guess we'll start like in any other game.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:14 am

Post by Fritzler »

Killing vitamin r would be cool with me too.
Surfs up dude.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:21 am

Post by VitaminR »

:D

Thanks Fritz. I knew you appreciated my presence.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:24 am

Post by RandomActs »

Dang. Stuck in a game with Vaughn again! ;) Oh well, should make things interesting. Good to see ya again, bud.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Alexander »

Good morning! Let's get to scum-finding, shall we? Of course, in this game random voting is not what it used to be, but still...
Random vote Knitting_elvis
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:46 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

OMG SCUMMXORZ EVERYWHERE

Vote: Everyone.
Buy mystery meat.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:47 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Perhaps this is just childhood memories coming up (literally), but I gotta start with a random
Vote: Mystery Meat of Doom
. I don't know
what
those lunchladies put in that, nor would I like to know anytime soon. :|
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Note: we need to never, ever make Fritzler king. Unless we want the day to last 7 seconds...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:51 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hehe. Technically, day hast to last 24-hours... but after skimming "Bad Idea" Mafia, Yos2 does have a point. :wink:
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:51 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:Note: we need to never, ever make Fritzler king. Unless we want the day to last 7 seconds...
:roll: its required to be a 24hour day idiot, so you'd get 24 hours to convine me not to kill you
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Fritzler »

petroleumjelly wrote:Hehe. Technically, day hast to last 24-hours... but after skimming "Bad Idea" Mafia, Yos2 does have a point. :wink:
The peasants call out "boooooooooooooo"
Surfs up dude.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fritzler wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Note: we need to never, ever make Fritzler king. Unless we want the day to last 7 seconds...
:roll: its required to be a 24hour day idiot, so you'd get 24 hours to convine me not to kill you
I'm sure you'd find a way.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:08 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:10 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:10 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Surfs up dude.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Nice triple post there,
random vote: alexander
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote glork
because his avatar is cool
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:27 pm

Post by Twomz »

Man :( i was hoping Fritz was king. This means we're gonna have a long drawn out day 1.

I vote we select Fritz as king tomorrow. And that we lynch in alphabetical order, starting w/ Alexander.

Vote: Alexander
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Twomz wrote:I vote we select Fritz as king tomorrow. And that we lynch in alphabetical order, starting w/ Alexander.
Can I change my name? Perhaps something starting with ZZZ?
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”