NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:06 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

If you say so, tho let the records show I didn't hop on the TDA or penguin wagons D1, voted ika over RM at a key moment D2, avoided Nero and RM day 3 & 4, and listed all 3 scum in my day four list of 4 players to lynch.

But keep telling itself our reads list were equal ;)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 3100, I Am Innocent wrote:If you say so, tho let the records show I didn't hop on the TDA or penguin wagons D1, voted ika over RM at a key moment D2, avoided Nero and RM day 3 & 4, and listed all 3 scum in my day four list of 4 players to lynch.

Kinda like how you had none right in you could be anyone 2 and then replaced out :wink:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 3101, Garmr wrote:
In post 3100, I Am Innocent wrote:If you say so, tho let the records show I didn't hop on the TDA or penguin wagons D1, voted ika over RM at a key moment D2, avoided Nero and RM day 3 & 4, and listed all 3 scum in my day four list of 4 players to lynch.

Kinda like how you had none right in you could be anyone 2 and then replaced out :wink:

Would also like to point out after day 2 you didn't even vote any of the scum in your list that were actually scum So pro IAI :lol:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 am

Post by Garmr »

Actually I lie you jumped between dex and strange cougar so often it was not funny. Also at one point you were defending strange cougar from me and ds.

In post 791, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 787, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 786, Garmr wrote:
In post 782, StrangerCoug wrote:Garmr's slipping down even further into my scumreads. I agree that NakedJogger's case on d3x is lacking, but I do like his deconstruction of Garmr's case on him much better, and is really just mudslinging and little else.
FoS: Garmr

So your willing to ignore a mud sling from naked jogger yet your willing to point out mine. Double standards?

maybe he is protecting his team mate?

Maybe he is town?

Oh and you were pushing dex over nero. so that's got burn a little.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:57 am

Post by Garmr »

So keep telling yourself you played extremely well when you didn't have much of a voice.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 am

Post by Garmr »

If you can't get people worked up or convince people you may as well be static noise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

IAI started kinda slow (and yes bad) but his day 3 play was p good.

In post 3095, I Am Innocent wrote:TTH as runner up. If it weren't for her words in her last post D2, Nero probably gets lynched D3

I disagree with this alot but I still agree that her play was good.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Garmr »

@Nero if you want a tip on how to work me better butter me up instead of trying to degrade me. I would of probs joined you on the strange cougar wagon since he was a mutual scum read and probably would of listened to you latter game. I'm surprisingly open to listen if you treat me kindly and I have some sort of town read on you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3099, Garmr wrote:Next time don't out the masons you could of waited till night phase to tell dex. The fact you weren't punished for two anti town plays (outing the mason and the fake cop thing) was because in the end
enough townies were smart enough
to let you live.

The bolded is all the matters.

I assume you'll be all up in arms but I think alot of the town started coming together d3 and it was only you, DS and NJ that were still kinda out there...based on that alone I wouldn't have cared (and actually thought it best for the town) if you guys started eating bullets. I DID say something to DX but he was STILL pushing you so I had to get that stopped.

As for the cop "gambit". Yes I did "claim" cop but ONLY 'cause I thought DGB had a guilty on ABR. If DGB really was a cop and I, a nilla townie, could fool the scum into thinking that I was the cop and take the bullet for her? Thats a play I'd make 99 out 100 times. Still not sure why you, DS and TTH are pretending like that didn't happen. But I think it actually worked out p well for the town. It got rid of ABR and made scum a lil' confident that I was going to get lynched. Yes, I think I played well and I think its plenty possible that town wins without me but with me dead, how different would things be? idk
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3107, Garmr wrote:Nero if you want a tip on how to work me better butter me up instead of trying to degrade me.

What would your reaction be? I can only assume that it would be that I am scum that buttered you up in Jasons game. :lol:

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 3109, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3107, Garmr wrote:Nero if you want a tip on how to work me better butter me up instead of trying to degrade me.

What would your reaction be? I can only assume that it would be that I am scum that buttered you up in Jasons game. :lol:

Going to be honest in the position I was probably would of let you get away with it. If you look back logic points to you being town unlike the last game when I was more interested in using you to lynch mollie who I thought was sk.

I tend to focus on surviving to end game that's why I revealed mine and ds qt because I knew scum wouldn't dare shoot for it when there's 2 qts going. I'm also pretty good at surviving to mylo unless scum wants to shoot me. I also know that scum will usually end up pushing me and one will end up defending me.

I'm like a cockroach hard to kill unless scum really really want me dead.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:19 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 3101, Garmr wrote:

I was scum who took an SK bullet N2...not sure who you are confusing me with.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:31 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 3105, Garmr wrote:If you can't get people worked up or convince people you may as well be static noise.

Read the end of D2 again and tell me I wasn't instrumental in ikas lynch over RMs.

And once again I say I had all 3 remaining scum nailed in a group of 4 (which yes included dex) by day 4. So if you want to say I went back and forth between d3x and one of the scum, oh well, I'll still say I was more of a threat to be nk'd (which I was N4) over confirmed town who was never NK'd.

This is why people, in my opinion, get frustrated with you as you saw in the dead thread. You did not have a great game, but still try to twist it as such. Then taking pot shots at those of us who did play well and did most of the work. As Nero pointed out, there was a strong town block starting in day 4, that even RM got on board on, which led us to victory. The only mislynch that should have happened after day 3 was dex based on his suspicious voting history.

But as I'm sure u'll reply with, u disagree. Still I enjoy playing with u and would also play with DS again. I hope my comments don't come off as accusing u two of being bad players, just players that frustrated me with what I perceived were bad reads this game. :)

IAI out. Thanks again all, great game!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:42 am

Post by dragonspawn »

I felt that was a bad game for me. We won but I feel play could have been better.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Garmr »

@IAI no that's not it what I felt was even through I did bad some of the people bagging me made just as many mistakes as me and you just can't admit to it.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 3104, Garmr wrote:So keep telling yourself you played extremely well when you didn't have much of a voice.

you really shouldn't be bagging on anyone else for their game...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:53 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Oh, and I understand the tempation to go fishing for a partner you think is there. I lost a game as my alt as a vig and took the wrong shot for just such a reason when I had the scum identified.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 3116, PeaceBringer wrote:Oh, and I understand the tempation to go fishing for a partner you think is there. I lost a game as my alt as a vig and took the wrong shot for just such a reason when I had the scum identified.

Yeh I probs won't do that anymore.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3084, Antihero wrote:
In post 3081, Brian Skies wrote:I'm still new to modding and I'm mostly interested to see how players would react given certain role interactions.

neighborhoods are all the rage right now, and i do think they're overused. giving neighbors roles makes things kind of interesting but other than that it's an extra layer of wifom that makes ppl scream and i never really got the fascination w/ neighborhoods.

i think the set up was great. i really liked the scum prs you ended up using, brian. watcher is a good investigative and doubles as a good "fakeclaim". fruit vendor discourages bussing and allows for the scum gambit of claiming and "clearing" himself, as long as he has teammates to do the kill. it's not overpowered but it's not just boring vanilla to where everyone's disposable. it finds the happy medium.

the only thing i would've suggested was i don't think you needed to gate the rolecop or the tracker. you already gave scum a watcher so that meant they would be finding town prs pretty often (and they did in this game).

Thanks! Hearing this from you means a lot to me. I'm really happy with my scum roles as well, and I think it did accomplish what I wanted it to do. I agree about not having to gate both the tracker and the rolecop. This was something I was concerned about as the game started to play itself out as I probably could have just removed the confirmable town roles. I was mostly worried about how much investigative power town could potentially have and I underestimated the mafia watcher.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:01 am

Post by ika »

you could swap the rolecop for a unique "vanilla cop" (iirc it gets postives on goons and VT and negative on everything else)

it would def make it more interesting when you get a "negative" cus then you have to wiegh risk vs reward and take another garner at what role they are
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:54 am

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”