Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Wake1 »

Writing down a few ideas for the Large Theme, but with pharm and work I don't have much time to put towards it.

The ideas colliding in my head include going for utter role madness like some monstrosity above anything ever tried at USMB, or going a more subtle and complicated route where game slots deal more with special knowledge and elaborate alignments and factions... The hardest part about any grand idea is deciding what to set your heart upon, to build off of.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

... going for utter role madness like some monstrosity above anything ever tried at USMB, ... and where game slots deal more with special knowledge and elaborate alignments and factions...

Have the cake and eat it too!
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Weighing the options.

Game should be huge, but with a minimalistic style... if possible.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I generally like to think of a new concept and then base the game around that, instead of vice versa
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

Now I have a little time to post.

That was a great game, Wake, thanks for modding!

Also, gratz for the townies who were eventually winning the game for us.

It's a pity that I spent so little time in the game, #&@%! Red Team! (Of course I understand why you killed me.)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 4045, Wake1 wrote:
SilverWolf has been banned from joining any new games for the next two weeks for playing against her win condition and claiming scum prematurely.

I
do not
support this ruling one bit, and am annoyed that someone thought to do this without even asking me about it first. Though I was not present much in this game, I do know SW worked her butt off this game, and that her situation was a dire one. It's not like she claimed scum without very good reason; I think staff needs to reconsider this action immediately.

Even if I wasn't in the game at that time, I agree with Wake.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I PM'd Mina about this a day or two ago. Silence. It's doubtful anything I say will change their minds.

Credit for the game must go towards killerjester and peregrine, because they shouldered the load when work knocked me down repeatedly.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Thanks but I have resigned myself to the situation. It sucks because it's damaged my reputation on this site and had a bad effect elsewhere. I will probably quit the site when my two games are up.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

:/ I think you're neat Silver.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Don't let it damage your reputation.

MS staff is known to mete out Draconian punishment.

If you want a reference, you let me tell game mods of the games you're entering what really happened, and that staff here dropped the ball on this one.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I will also be a reference for you and your character. :)
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Thanks Cheetory, right back at you, there's some cool/good people here I really like and enjoy playing with but unfortunately things happen I can't talk about right now and it is due to this crap and I really don't want to deal with that. People act like I committed some great sin and completely discount anything else and just concentrate on this one thing and to be quite honest, I am sick of it. I'm not letting it damage my reputation Wake, it's just that some people think they know what they are talking about and think I would do this in other games and I wouldn't. I don't play like that and never have.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 4060, Cheetory6 wrote:I will also be a reference for you and your character. :)

You are so awesome. <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Honestly, I want you around on this site.
I think you're a strong player already and I want to see you develop into an even better player.
Stick it to the man and stay around. Besides, I wanna play with you again.

I saw a 2-week ban within my first year on-site, myself. There's still folks who resent me, I figure.
Despite that, I've stayed around because I want to make the community of Mafiascum better. I like the people I've met here. I love the games we've played.
If you all those elitists and nay-sayers get to you and make you quit, they win. Screw that. I want to foster a better community than that. I want Mafiascum to be a site where players can grow, make mistakes, develop, and become stronger for it. I want this site to be a welcoming place for all kinds of players. I want to see different playstyles clash and sparks fly, but at the end of the day I want to have a site where I know I can have fun with wonderful people.

There are some amazing folks on this site. There are great games to be had. Letting one pitfall keep you from all that seems like a waste. I want you to stay--and not just me, plenty of others have voiced that opinion. As for the haters; prove 'em wrong. Rise above. You'll have fun doing it. I mean, I know I have.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Wake1 »

There are lame people on this site who weigh themselves down over petty grudges over ephemeral games.

I still have two or three people vindictive over a game that happened well over a year ago. Just ignore them; this problem is unique to MS.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Honestly, I can't even remember the number of people who've promised to WoTC me but I've only once been WoTCed so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

People are mad now because it's recent. Just forget about it and others will too.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 4057, SilverWolf wrote:Thanks but I have resigned myself to the situation. It sucks because it's damaged my reputation on this site and had a bad effect elsewhere. I will probably quit the site when my two games are up.

We'd all really like you to stay around, tbh. Games are more fun when you're included in them.

In post 4059, Wake1 wrote:MS staff is known to mete out Draconian punishment.
Yes.

In post 4060, Cheetory6 wrote:I will also be a reference for you and your character. :)

I would also do this.
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

The fact of the matter is, me being banned like that in a public fashion, definitely hurt me because people know about it, talk about it, and judge me based on it. So now, it's an issue in games. I'm supposedly the one who doesn't play to my wincon which isn't even fucking true and makes me not want to play at all.

Thanks Varsoon-You definitely made this game fun for me. You are a good player and a good person besides. <3

Aero-You are always awesome as a friend and a player. Thanks!!

Thanks RC, Cheetory, Wake and everyone else who spoke up in support of me in this thread. That means a lot to me. You guys are great.

It might just be that things are getting to me right now more than they normally would due to some RL stuff. It could be I just need a little break.

I almost quit awhile ago due to some drama in a couple games and I had so many people asking me to stick around and being supportive and I wasn't even expecting it which shows there is a great community here. I just wish the jerks would stop being so judgemental.

Anyway, this really helps guys. Thanks so much!! I'll think about it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
They had to make a whole new wiki page for what they banned me over.
For awhile, I couldn't even jokingly say 'I am town' without people WIFOMing their brains out.
Y'gotta take it in stride. I owned up to it, accepted it, joked about it, agreed the moderation could've given way more warning/leeway, absolved to have a more open discourse with my players when I eventually modded, and, heck, I even made a role based around my ban in a bastard game I've run.

How you deal with this is up to you. There will always be people who will despise you. I think it's worth it to stick around for the ones who cherish you. If you've gotta take a break, that's understandable. Heck, even I had to take a break and cool down for awhile. Just don't leave for good, or I'll never get a chance to redeem myself and win a scum-game alongside ya. :3
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 4068, Varsoon wrote:Just don't leave for good, or I'll never get a chance to redeem myself and win a scum-game alongside ya. :3

OK, For this reason alone I'll stick around. :wink:

This whole reaction really took me by surprise and I think I at least need to get over this before signing up for new games or just be super selective for awhile. Luckily, I get enough invites to be able to do this. Once I'm past it, I'll go back to normal and probably be stronger because of it.

Thanks again guys!! <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Rock on.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Skybird »

I definitely don't want you to leave either Wolf. I really respect you as a player and I know you are a good person. ((hugs)) One day I want to run a large theme game and have you play in it. :D
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:28 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 4071, Skybird wrote:I definitely don't want you to leave either Wolf. I really respect you as a player and I know you are a good person. ((hugs)) One day I want to run a large theme game and have you play in it. :D

I am always open to play in games with awesome moderators and I have a feeling you'd run a great game. Thanks sweetie. <3
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:32 am

Post by SilverWolf »

All anyone has to do if they want me to play in a game is send a PM. Even if I'm not around here, I get a email message if I get a PM here so that works the best. Even if I am on break, I would for sure make an exception for you guys.

Someday I'll probably mod a game as well but that has to be on hold for the time being due to RL. If I'm going to do that, I want to make sure I have the time to do it right.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

I just want to chime in and let you know that I like you, too, Wolfie. :cool:
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”