DP6 (Famous Women Mafia) - Game Over!!!!

Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:01 am

Post by Quailman »

Wasn't there some kind of lady pirate? I can't remember back that far, but a lady pirate captain? Not likely - just thought I'd mention it.

-Quailman/JereIC
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:05 am

Post by Quailman »

I just googled lady pirates and found Anne Bonny and Mary Read, not that that helps us at all. BTW, the article about Anne Bonny was titled
Ahoy, Matey! That Pirate Has Breasts!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:50 am

Post by Quailman »

Could be... OTOH, how many other role names do we know at present? I'd hate to rush to judgment on one simply because we have three names (Annie Oakley, Joan of Arc and FloJo) and one seems more likely than the other. I read this whole thread trying to catch up as a replacement player. Someone please fill me in if we know more than those.

I am much more suspicious of Leonidas, though I don't know what can be done about her. [speculation]I think we have at least the one Mafia plus the godmother. Perhaps a hail of bullets came from Bonnie Parker. Didn't they use machine guns? If we were looking for a godmother/ringleader type, I'd expect Ma Barker, but not if 'innocent' on investigations.[/speculation]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:37 am

Post by Quailman »

I thought the poison was more likely to have come from Lucresia Borgia.

And apparently Madame Curie was not a doctor (I thought her role had that possibility), so there's probably still someone with doc powers out there.

And I doubt that the two Mafia members' names starting with a B means anything other than they both have that letter in common and we found them first.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:34 am

Post by Quailman »

That's as good a reason as I've seen to place a vote today.
vote: d8p

I do have the same question about this being the 'last' mafia. I already stated my belief (based on playing experience and nothing substantial) that there's probably 3 Maf + GF or maybe 4 Maf in a game this size.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:45 am

Post by Quailman »

As I don't think we're deadlined, I will not unvote for now.

1. It would be only natural for a scummy person with their back against the wall (neck in a noose?) to claim some useful or at least harmless role. Why didn't you go ahead and answer the next question we're bound to ask: So who've you been blocking. (Oops - I see Electra asked while I was typing this.)

2. I don't remember - I know Electra gets role names, but does Leonidas? I thought she got good/bad.

3. Someone speculated early on that Margaret Thatcher would be a possible 'evil' role. I thought that was just some daft Brit sounding off about past leadership. Why would she be evil?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:16 am

Post by Quailman »

Hmmmm... And nothing since to back up his claim or answer our challenges. Not enough to convict d8p. It sounds more like someone's runnung low on credits.

unvote: d8p

Will vote Leo in an hour or so if no word by then.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:17 am

Post by Quailman »

Let's try that again. :oops:

unvote: d8p
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:49 pm

Post by Quailman »

Ouch! :o

Silence in the face of a lynch is a sign of scumminess. As I said yesterday, I'd vote later.

vote: Leonidas
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:59 am

Post by Quailman »

[ot]Boy scout campout last weekend. I'm back now.[/ot]

My only question is how many credits he has left. Hopefully we'll get him this time around, but we can't go on forever wasting lynches on him. And I'm not sure how suspicious I am of d8p at this point. I'd like to learn more about the unknowns in the game before we go after him. There are still 3 or 4.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:20 am

Post by Quailman »

I agree that lynching one of the unknowns is our best bet. I don't see any likely baddies among the 'knowns'. Let's let Electra tell us who she found first. Perhaps it'll be someone who's clearly evil. If not, then she can give us the remaining list of 'unknowns'. (I say that because I
think
she has a name or two that have not been assigned to players, and probably don't need to be yet.)
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:45 am

Post by Quailman »

I count two mafia down, along with the mafia spy. I don't think they knew each other at the beginning. With this many, there's probably another mafia
plus
a
godfather
godmother. Or maybe not.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:28 am

Post by Quailman »

While none of those three sound evil, I suspect that one of them is. Have you ever listened to Enya. I think Margaret Thatcher or Mother Teresa is the Godmother. I mean, Mother Teresa's closely associated with God, and her first name is Mother. That sounds like something DP would do.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:23 am

Post by Quailman »

Elestra is Miss Marple. She gets role names, but not good or bad affiliation. Oh, and Leo said Cadmium was good and d8p evil, and that's on CB's list. Now we know Leo was an evil serial killer, and probably alone. What would her motivation have been to mislead us, if she even knew about either of those people? We'd probably be better off ignoring that info and just focus on the 5 unknowns.

If we get lucky and lynch right today, then vig-kill or lynch Mother Teresa, the game will be over.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:47 am

Post by Quailman »

And now you're one of my top suspects, mith (OMGUS).

Let's have them, Electra. You have names for three players. We don't want to lynch any of them today. Who are the two unknowns?

BTW, CB's list says d8p 'claims' Margaret Thatcher. Didn't Electra investigate her before d8p claimed, or am I in too many mafia games at once?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:50 am

Post by Quailman »

Has it been that long (for SK)? She couldn't post yesterday, and I'd like to hear her version of why.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:03 am

Post by Quailman »

Clarification: Her
or her replacement's
story.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:31 am

Post by Quailman »

Bah! On the one hand, I appreciate that you found me less suspicious than others up until now. While I knew my name had not been mentioned, I was sort of hoping that you were disguising one of the actual names you had found because it would be obvious what my role is.

Since we're down to brass tacks, I'll tell you who I am. Florence Nightingale. That's why I don't believe Mother Teresa is a doc. I protected Electra both nights since taking over this role. That leaves Jeep, SaberKitty and Mother Teresa.

I will protect Electra tonight, if someone could block Jeep. In the meantime, I will go along with our trusted cop and
vote: SaberKitty

...and I was sort of hoping you'd found me and just said you'd found Flo-Jo so I'd be less of a suspect if you had to reveal who the names belong to, as you just did. Gotta go to a pack meeting. I'll check in later.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:52 pm

Post by Quailman »

And now that I think about it, the original goal was one of the unknowns - Jeep or me. Though I initially went along with our cop, I see no reason not to vote jeep, even though if she is not a bad lady, it looks very bad for me.

unvote: SaberKitty; vote: Jeep
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:17 am

Post by Quailman »

That certainly sounds like a reasonable explanation for Mother Teresa. That leaves Jeepertiti as likely godmother, with SaberOakley as the remaining goon. Alternative godmother is Margaret Thd8pcher. As an unknown and unconfirmed, I'm inclined to stick with Jeep, though like mith, I am starting to wonder if we should lynch SK first.

And now that Mother Teresa has indicated that she is a lynch protector and not a kill-protector, you guys who are suspicious of me (and I understand why you would be), should be less so, as there is no other doc in the game.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm

Post by Quailman »

mith wrote:Because if Quailman is not who he says he is, then we will know it after tonight, one way or another (or, if d8P is Mafia role blocker, we'll know that), I think, and I think we are all agreed that if he *is* who he says he is, then he is innocent. It's senseless to kill a doc when we can check him so easily.
Just remember to wait for Electra's reply in the morning. As the only doc, I am the natural target for the mafia, so I'll probably protect myself tonight. So if no one dies, wait to hear Electra's result before you vote.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:46 am

Post by Quailman »

Well, we got a Mafia yesterday - Ma Jeeper. But the theory about Mother Teresa being the God Mother got run through. :( Sorry, Cadmium. It was I who initially proposed that.

Waiting for Electra to confirm my identity...

Also waiting for a list of who's who. I think Electra knows everybody now, but I can't remember and if she has it, I'd rather not go back and recreate it.

Nefertiti indeed!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:37 am

Post by Quailman »

The bolding is mine:
mathcam wrote:Jeep,
mafiawoman
Ma Barker, is thrown in the oven.
I think we got the many bullets killer. Annie Oakley may be another mafia. Is Joan of Arc still alive (or part of the game)? If so, that's probably who shish-kabobed Mother Teresa last night. Vig-kill, or Mafia hit?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:05 am

Post by Quailman »

MeMe wrote:Uh - yeah, Joan of Arc's still alive. And I was instructed to kill Cadmium if jeep was scum. Pay attention!

As for jeep -- I
know
he was mafia, but that doesn't necessarily mean the gun belongs to him. Like I said, according to websites "Ma Barker" was simply the mother of criminal boys, but not an actual criminal herself.

You're acting kinda squirrelly, Quail.
Sorry. I am trying to keep up. I can't believe I've stayed alive as long as I have in four games, and I got into a fifth because I thought three of those would and sooner than this. Combine that with trying to get the budget done for 77 centers (yes, I have a life), and I freely admit to acting squirrelly.

No, it doesn't mean the gun belonged to her/him. But there was no Mafia kill last night. Perhaps because we got the last killer and have only to lynch the non-killing godmother? Or because they came after me and I protected myself? Or is CB a role-blocker? And where's SaberKitty? Is she the last Maf and didn't get her choice in on time?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:55 am

Post by Quailman »

So your two kills happened on nights that no other kills occured? And your victims were both on the side of the townSomething doesn't sit right here. You claim to have attacked Leo, but we don't have any real proof of that, since Leo didn't die. All we know is that wierd stuff was going on when he was alive. You admit that you can and have killed, and claim to be on our side. I'm not sure I want to see who you slay tonight.
FOS: Meme

Calamity Jane was a one-shot vigilante, and you have how many?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:48 am

Post by Quailman »

MeMe wrote:--I killed Cadmium last night, at the request of the town.
Well... If you were as I suggested you
might
be, a Mafia who's sold us a bill of goods, then you would have known that Mother Teresa was indeed who she said she was, namely a saintly woman who prayed for lynch targets. You would have gladly carried out the request to kill her, knowing that Ma Barker's lynch and role revelation was inevitable. Killing her would further your own cause, and to do otherwise would have revealed your true nature.

Citing that as a reason for us to believe you is very sloppy indeed. Oh, and as for placing the last vote on two Mafiosos, well, the first would simply be good planning, and the second was inevitable, and there was no way to avoid that lynch. And once Electra found the identity of Liz Borden, it wouldn't matter if her killing technique had not yet been used, there was only one thing she could be - EVIL, EVIL, EVIL!

I'm still waiting to hear from the others, though. As I said, I put forth the theory about Mother Teresa, so I want the town to discuss this a bit.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:14 am

Post by Quailman »

I agree.
vote: Replace SK
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:16 am

Post by Quailman »

Your point #5 about MeMe attacking d8p while d8p role-blocks her supports my hypothesis that MeMe is not the friendly vigilante that she claims to be. All it would take is for MeMe to say "Yes, I attacked her," and we'd all believe both of their claims. There's no reason there can't be a godmother/ringleader
and
another goon.

Still, I am going to wait for PBuG to chime in.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:47 am

Post by Quailman »

No doubt d8p should swing first, but if that doesn't end the game, then I know where my next vote's going, should I survive the night. I think we're up to three out of four, so I'll wait to cast mine so PBuG can read all 22 pages (plus caches) before the game is over.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:21 am

Post by Quailman »

mathcam wrote:Agreed. Effective (almost) immediately, SaberKitty is being replaced by PBuG.

Cam
That's why I didn't vote yet. In case it ends the game, I don't want to do so until our esteemed replacement player has had a chance to read the whole thread.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:38 am

Post by Quailman »

That's it then.
vote: d8p

The only other time I've been a replacement in a well-along game, it didn't end as soon as I got in, but I took over an obviously guilty role and was voted out of existence after reading the whole thing but before I could post.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:11 am

Post by Quailman »

Hooray! Sorry I doubted you, MeMe. I was just planning ahead in case the game didn't end when it was supposed to.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:11 am

Post by Quailman »

I just took over the role. Last night I did say I'd probably protect myself. Did you guys try to kill Electra? Because I couldn't protect myself. Since there wasn't a night kill last night, I started to suspect MeMe of being a darksider. Or could the godfather not make a kill?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:13 am

Post by Quailman »

d8P wrote:Again, great game everybody. Quailman, you *bleep*, whatcha have to do all that *bleep* *bleep* for? ~grumbles~
well played
:)
I only took over the role. That credit belongs to JereIC.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”