Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6630 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6624, Chandra Nalaar wrote: I am the leader of a city of bozos.
Are you the leader? You said this a few posts back:
In post 6550, Chandra Nalaar wrote: I did get one wrong but you can't really claim I'm personally responsible for leading us astray all game when I didn't want the first two lims.
I'm getting pinged a bit by you hating on the kitty push, but making italiano pry out of you a case on someone else. Even if you don't agree with his push at least italiano put thought into it.

I'm having to go back and read to see if the kitty and dgb pushes make sense to me, but I'll weigh in when I do.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6636 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6635, Chandra Nalaar wrote: When did I hate on the kitty push? Am I supposed to pretend I have a case that I don't have? And if I did hate on the kitty push somehow, how can you dislike that without even knowing if you agree with the push?
Is the current push not what you were referring to with the city of bozos stuff? And it's not the specific push that I dislike, it's the way you aren't offering an alternative.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6650 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6643, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 6640, Merlyn wrote:
In post 6635, Chandra Nalaar wrote: When did I hate on the kitty push? Am I supposed to pretend I have a case that I don't have? And if I did hate on the kitty push somehow, how can you dislike that without even knowing if you agree with the push?
Is the current push not what you were referring to with the city of bozos stuff? And it's not the specific push that I dislike, it's the way you aren't offering an alternative.
No I was being frustrated about wheme's night actions.

I have no need to offer an alternative if I feel indifferent about the current direction. I am reassessing right now because I fucked up yesterday, and it would be strange if I did have a confident alternative right now.
Oh I misunderstood what you were mad at
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6686 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6677, ItalianoVD wrote: As I said you or anyone else give me a good reason why Kitty/DGB is not the lim for today, otherwise join it.
In post 6657, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 6651, DrippingGoofball wrote: Okay. I have a scum read. This scum read is: Chandra.

Here is why. They should be defending me vigorously today, but they are not. They are doing the bare minimum of confirming that we had a private Topic together, at their instigation and that my power gave them something overnight. However, it should be abundantly clear to them that I am down by virtue of the nature of my gift. They are saying nothing about it. In the private topic, I told them I targeted with a gift. They asked me if I had scum reads, I said no, and that was it. They were not helpful when I hinted about needing assistance.

So they got that I sent them a gift, they got that I had no scum reads that might affect the scum team today, they know the nature of the gift, they are not helping me, and I believe the scum team is going after me today because they know the nature of the gifts I grant and they do not want me to give it to the town later in the game.
Not sure what you mean about the assistance thing.

I think it's possible for your power to be scum. We don't know what scum have. You've used it in a protown manner, that much is true. I'm not sure it's as impactful as you think it is, but that's fine. I didn't see much reason to claim the nature of the ability you used, but your predecessor already claimed it so that information is available to anyone who's paying sufficient attention.

I suppose I don't mind this take tbh.
Chandra doesn't think that the gift is as conftown as DGB thought, but says they're using it in protown manner. Isn't that a decent enough reason not to yeet them yet? Why don't you ask for the gift so you can see for yourself?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6705 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6692, Chandra Nalaar wrote: Why does it matter to you though Merlyn - are you reading the slot as town? Where are you at?
I'm really interested in DGB thinking that giving you the gift would make him confirmed town. Italiano asked if there were any reasons not to lim DGB and I was thinking this would be a reason, if it was a super town ability. I'm not sure I do think a stat boost would clear someone in my eyes, so why did DGB?

I'm still trying to assemble reads. Normally when I replace in, I like to read the whole game beforehand and kind of make notes as I go- I gave up on that like 80 pages when I realized I wasn't really retaining anything useful. I'm trying to just see where people's heads are at and then go find the arguments and cases that have been made to support them and see what I think. For just vibes from posts today, I like Italiano, FL, and Yimmy. I'm kind of on the fence about you, Meuh, and STD.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6706 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6708, Chandra Nalaar wrote: Am I allowed to townread OMGUS posts
I like a little OMGUS here and there, sometimes the person voting you really is scum
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6748 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6737, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 6690, Merlyn wrote: Chandra doesn't think that the gift is as conftown as DGB thought, but says they're using it in protown manner. Isn't that a decent enough reason not to yeet them yet? Why don't you ask for the gift so you can see for yourself?
Kitty claimed that he can buff. That can go either way for me. And when
would
be a good time? There is no way to know "okay now you're scum, time to kill you." I don't really need to get buffed and again there is no way to be able to gauge the alignment from that move anyway.
Yeah, I get this. When I wrote that I was thinking the gift would be something else
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6749 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, that is really well thought out. Let's see where this goes VOTE: DrippingGoofBall

@Mod- Limited Access until the 5th bc I'm at the lake. I might still have time to post but no promises
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6875 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6869, SirCakez wrote: Also re; NM discourse - I think there is evidence at this point that he is actually scum (like town NM will do SOMETHING) as opposed to just a nothing lim so he's gotta go but not right now
I hear a lot about him, but I've never played with NM so I can't speak to his meta- what's the evidence you're thinking of? Also, if he's scum why not right now for a yeet?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6876 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

aaand take that pagetop
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6931 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6931, Chandra Nalaar wrote: That makes sense. I'm primarily not trying to kill Merlyn right now based on her predecessor but the longer it takes her to do anything the less important that feels.
You mean you don't like how I wasn't posting while I was on VLA? :neutral: Because I think I've done a okay job of trying to get into an incredibly complicated game.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6994 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6970, Titus wrote: I'd be voting for Black right now, except I feel like that's yet another counterwagon to Italiano. Maybe they're both scum though.

Remind me to compare the current Italiano composition to past days.
Can someone explain the Italiano case to me, or just point me to it so I don't have to sift through all the pages? I kind of feel like he's been reasonable and given good explanations for his reads when today at least.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6995 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 6997, Meuh wrote:
In post 6971, Black wrote: The thing with IVD is I townread his slot for most of the game. I even liked what he was posting today at first. It felt analytical and in depth, like he was really thinking about the game on deeper level. Then his progression from having me as a top TR to voting for what I consider to be very weak reasons felt really fabricated, like he didn't believe what he was saying but he was doing it anyway. I recognize that part of me not liking this is because I don't like being scumread when I'm town, and I feel even worse about it when the reasoning doesn't match up. In my eyes IVD was correct about me when he townread me, so him eventually dropping that TR for silly reasons was frustrating to me. My issue is that I can see IVD having a change of heart about me as town but I don't think the reasons he applied to it make sense, so I'm struggling with my read here. And now I'm in danger of being limmed and his wagon is stacked right next to mine, which gives me even more incentive to vote for him, which taints my read even more. I know I'm town and I know he could be scum, even if I'm not fully convinced of it. My other scumreads are just as weak as my read on IVD so I don't feel great about anywhere I push. And yeah, I could do more research and try to strengthen my stance here and my position in the game, but I'm just checked out. I'm not in a good emotional state atm and the game isn't helping. I don't want to replace and I don't really want to sink my teeth in and do more, so I'm just here, defending myself, and pushing stuff that isn't me
Doesn't help that this post, the longest one in those pages, is very easy to see from scum!Black mad at being scumread for reasons she sees as bad.
I've not yet played a completed scum game with Black, but I have read a couple of games and I think she stays pretty calm cool and collected as scum. I have played with her when she's town and I can say that I've seen real emotions and frustrations there. I understand folks saying they don't want to fall for AtE and that's fair enough, I'm just feeling a town vibe here.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7007 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Post by Merlyn »

would you say that makes you a bit a of a prick, FL? I'm so funny
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7009 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7008, Meuh wrote:
In post 6999, Merlyn wrote:
In post 6997, Meuh wrote:
In post 6971, Black wrote: The thing with IVD is I townread his slot for most of the game. I even liked what he was posting today at first. It felt analytical and in depth, like he was really thinking about the game on deeper level. Then his progression from having me as a top TR to voting for what I consider to be very weak reasons felt really fabricated, like he didn't believe what he was saying but he was doing it anyway. I recognize that part of me not liking this is because I don't like being scumread when I'm town, and I feel even worse about it when the reasoning doesn't match up. In my eyes IVD was correct about me when he townread me, so him eventually dropping that TR for silly reasons was frustrating to me. My issue is that I can see IVD having a change of heart about me as town but I don't think the reasons he applied to it make sense, so I'm struggling with my read here. And now I'm in danger of being limmed and his wagon is stacked right next to mine, which gives me even more incentive to vote for him, which taints my read even more. I know I'm town and I know he could be scum, even if I'm not fully convinced of it. My other scumreads are just as weak as my read on IVD so I don't feel great about anywhere I push. And yeah, I could do more research and try to strengthen my stance here and my position in the game, but I'm just checked out. I'm not in a good emotional state atm and the game isn't helping. I don't want to replace and I don't really want to sink my teeth in and do more, so I'm just here, defending myself, and pushing stuff that isn't me
Doesn't help that this post, the longest one in those pages, is very easy to see from scum!Black mad at being scumread for reasons she sees as bad.
I've not yet played a completed scum game with Black, but I have read a couple of games and I think she stays pretty calm cool and collected as scum. I have played with her when she's town and I can say that I've seen real emotions and frustrations there. I understand folks saying they don't want to fall for AtE and that's fair enough, I'm just feeling a town vibe here.
Dunno, I don't have experience what scum!Black. The thing is that scum have a habit of taking genuine emotion (especially frustration as it's the most universal) and slightly altering the looks of it so it seems town indicative. If I look at the root of Black's frustration not only can I see that frustration existing for a scum player but I think that's more likely than it coming from a town player which makes me feel kinda meh. No, self-preservation isn't inherently scummy nor is being particularly focused on people's reads on you (I've done both this game) but the way it's all packaged with the frustration and the way Black's positioning herself just feels really bad and fills me with dread, I don't think I can ever comfortably let Black live to the endgame.
I get it, I don't know that I really have anything to back my vibes up on her. Just keep re-reading the paragraph and it stinks of honesty to me. I don't even know that it matters, because if Black doesn't plan to do more as she says than things will just stay like this.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7010 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:41 pm

Post by Merlyn »

FL, what is your take on Italiano?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7064 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7043, SirCakez wrote: This is the crux point of the game I feel like if we don't get a scum today this game is going to be very difficult to win
And that just makes it even harder to decide what to do aaaaa
Why don't we just lim NM then? I think he is universally SR but no one wants to do anything with him for some reason. I actually thought he'd been replaced out when I started here
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7079 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7072, Chandra Nalaar wrote: We're not doing NM today. We've tried punting decisions twice now, and it has led to this miserable game state.
What does this mean, though, Chandra? Is he or isn't he scum in your eyes?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7088 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7087, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7083, Merlyn wrote:
In post 7072, Chandra Nalaar wrote: We're not doing NM today. We've tried punting decisions twice now, and it has led to this miserable game state.
What does this mean, though, Chandra? Is he or isn't he scum in your eyes?
i have a hard time buying this is a legit question.
Do you think Chandra has a read on Not Mafia.

Look at Not Mafia iso.

Do you have a read on him? Like what are you expecting from Chandra here with a read on Not Mafia before you go asking this "wait is he scum or not?" because otherwise its just like....nothing.
Well yeah I do think Chandra has a read bc yesterday they said this
In post 6936, Chandra Nalaar wrote: The reason we don't kill NM today is even though he's scum, we need a W. And that's not gonna feel like one
and this post is specifically what I was thinking about when I asked Chandra.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7089 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7088, WhemeStar wrote: Guys question I get a notification everytime someone posts here now and idk what I did how do I stop this
guys everybody spam Wheme
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7091 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I asked bc I was taking you seriously and I didn't know why it wouldn't feel like a 'w'. I also don't understand your sporty sportsgame references
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7106 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7106, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 7102, Flavor Leaf wrote: It’s possible Italiano has some scary dangerous scum role that scum role copped or something, and they trying to take him out.

Italiano, don’t worry about commenting on this :lol:
Lol. :lol: Probably.
In post 7103, Flavor Leaf wrote: Oh dang, you’re e-2. Maybe claim
Ugh I hate claiming. Alright.

I am Jirachi!

I have three moves. Two of which give me the ability to protect and investigate. The third move helps me in battle as Biancospino has experienced. :wink:
Hey, what were you investigation results?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7138 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7138, Titus wrote: Do we think 5 scum or 4?

If 5 scum, we sleep most likely. If 4 scum, we eliminate if my yhoughts are correct.
What's sleep mean in this context?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7221 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7155, Chandra Nalaar wrote: were probably supposed to do the klick strat atp but it's hard to care and it's also hard to trust anyone lol
I know you wrote this before FL claim, but I don't know that there's a consensus townread here in order for klick strat to work. I do think it's towny of you to bring it up.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7226 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7181, Yimmy wrote: incredibly complicated? elaborate please
I'm kind of surprised at this question. But okay, when I replaced in the game was at 6,500 posts and I eventually realized there was no way to catch up. There are a bunch of things to learn, including if you should battle someone or fight a boss, and if that means you flip or just sit out a round. Every time I've seen something that pings me, I go back into the 6.5K posts to try and see if my thoughts make sense. It feels a little bit like searching at a library.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7231 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7163, Meuh wrote:
In post 7156, Chandra Nalaar wrote: merlyn is scum btw i have no case it's just true
Real actually
In post 7207, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 7156, Chandra Nalaar wrote: merlyn is scum btw i have no case it's just true
this makes sense as well to me if there's a 5th or if DGB is town.
I think I know your case, I kind of felt some aggro come my way from you as soon as I dared to question something yesterday. Very interested in the hoppers on here, I truly don't know the reasons there.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7236 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:04 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7237, Black wrote: I'm down to lim either Chandra or FL. One of them is 100% scum from my pov

I could to Wheme but we get more info out of these two
Black, I thought you thought Chandra was town though. Why not Wheme?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7496 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm at work so I don't have time to respond to everything, but I'm tatsugiri. Since I subbed in I've been in the belly of dondozo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7499 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7502, Black wrote:
In post 7501, Merlyn wrote: I'm at work so I don't have time to respond to everything, but I'm tatsugiri. Since I subbed in I've been in the belly of dondozo
This tracks with what Shea claimed. Dondozo is dead though so I would assume you're out now
I am, so actions should work on me now.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7515 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7510, Titus wrote:
In post 7504, Merlyn wrote:
In post 7502, Black wrote:
In post 7501, Merlyn wrote: I'm at work so I don't have time to respond to everything, but I'm tatsugiri. Since I subbed in I've been in the belly of dondozo
This tracks with what Shea claimed. Dondozo is dead though so I would assume you're out now
I am, so actions should work on me now.
Did you claim failure? I have been out of it.
I don't know what this means?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7516 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7518, Titus wrote: Random out of my ass, let's lim Yimmy. No mech but I'd rather force scum to give info. Yimmy is just gut.
This doesn't make sense to me- either FL is telling the truth and we know where 1-2 scum is, or he's lying and we know where 1 scum is. Putting off resolving this doesn't make sense to me.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7517 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:37 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm leaning towards believing FL- I've been tring him, and I feel like this is too elaborate of a thing to be a fakeclaim. I would rather vote Chandra or Wheme over Black, and I don't think it matters which given the claim.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7518 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7512, Titus wrote:
In post 7507, SirCakez wrote: And I think it's conspicuous that there was never really a wagon on him during the first four days where we were limming mostly lurkers and limbait slots
Decent point. Now we have a situation where we shouldn't. :/
When I brought up limming him yesterday, there didn't seem to be any enthusiasm for it
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7530 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7528, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 7522, Merlyn wrote: I'm leaning towards believing FL- I've been tring him, and I feel like this is too elaborate of a thing to be a fakeclaim. I would rather vote Chandra or Wheme over Black, and I don't think it matters which given the claim.
cool

why
I've played with FL where he was town and I was scum before, and this style- the multiple postings, sometimes quoting something multiple times to address it again, the dogfight with Black, the overall eagerness to play the game- looks pretty much the same to me. Almost every post he made yesterday, I found myself nodding along with like, yup that makes sense. That's enough to lean town I think.

I just don't think Black is scum here. I could see you being scum though- I definitely think you're a leader here, and it pinged me when you made a point to say you weren't.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7531 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7532, Chandra Nalaar wrote: merlyn is still scum

this doesn't resemble her town game
I don't remember ever playing with you? Where?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7532 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7534, Chandra Nalaar wrote: if i'm scum why did i kill ranger and mathblade, my staunchest defenders
Why not so that at some point you could bring this up when you needed to?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7549 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7548, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 7535, Merlyn wrote:
In post 7528, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 7522, Merlyn wrote: I'm leaning towards believing FL- I've been tring him, and I feel like this is too elaborate of a thing to be a fakeclaim. I would rather vote Chandra or Wheme over Black, and I don't think it matters which given the claim.
cool

why
I've played with FL where he was town and I was scum before, and this style- the multiple postings, sometimes quoting something multiple times to address it again, the dogfight with Black, the overall eagerness to play the game- looks pretty much the same to me. Almost every post he made yesterday, I found myself nodding along with like, yup that makes sense. That's enough to lean town I think.

I just don't think Black is scum here. I could see you being scum though- I definitely think you're a leader here, and it pinged me when you made a point to say you weren't.
cool have you seen FL as scum
if not how do you know any of that is indicative of anything

i dont really care though because,

you deflected my desire to understand your black read to attacking me because you are her partner
In post 7549, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 7536, Merlyn wrote:
In post 7532, Chandra Nalaar wrote: merlyn is still scum

this doesn't resemble her town game
I don't remember ever playing with you? Where?
hi im cephrir
In post 7537, Merlyn wrote:
In post 7534, Chandra Nalaar wrote: if i'm scum why did i kill ranger and mathblade, my staunchest defenders
Why not so that at some point you could bring this up when you needed to?
yeah that strategy that usually doesnt work seems way better than townies who openly will never vote me
I...did not know that you were Cephrir. Particularly bold of you to base your case off me as 'this is not Merlyns towngame' based on that game. You absolutely did not play this way as town in that game btw.

So, let's get this straight. I have only played with FL in one game, so none of what I wrote means anything;

You have only played with me in one game; but your meta is definitely allowed.

Yes?

Black and I would be a very clunky pair of partners btw.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7629 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:31 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm not really seeing anything here that changes my mind. VOTE: Whemestar and I'd be happy to vote for Chandra if the preference ends up there.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7640 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7641, Flavor Leaf wrote: if there are 5 scum, that means 7 town, 5 scum in this game right now, which is insanely difficult to work around. It means any of scumBlack's partners can team up together to try to get one last misfade that could probably put them over the edge.

They also can send someone to Giratina to stop their actions like a free roleblock.

If Wheme/Chandra are town, it makes sense to go Wheme because it's the dangerous role. I feel like they pushed Chandra until they claimed, and moved to Wheme because it's more of a threat to them.

Once one of them flip, if Black is scum, then Black can 1v1 me if they choose not to kill me. If they even need to.

If they're 5 scum, this is probably it.
So what you're saying is that you're so sure it's Black or so sure it's not Wheme/Chandra that you're willing to bet the game on it?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7739 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, I have a question regarding legitimacy of Kimmy's claim. Meuh I think you were saying that you showed up in the n3 list when you shouldn't, is that correct?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8012 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm pretty decided that it has to be FL or Wheme/Chandra today. I want the best chance possible to hit scum, we know someone is scum in this little group.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8014 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Merlyn »

down to massclaim, down to get naked
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8037 (isolation #42) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:14 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 7876, $elene wrote:

Here are the players that will be fighting Giratina: Not_Mafia.[/color][/spoiler]
In post 8041, DrippingGoofball wrote: I fought Tina, that's mod-confirmed.
Where's the discrepancy here coming from?

If I fight Tina without Bianco I likely won't make it
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8053 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8047, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 8042, Merlyn wrote:
In post 7876, $elene wrote:

Here are the players that will be fighting Giratina: Not_Mafia.[/color][/spoiler]
In post 8041, DrippingGoofball wrote: I fought Tina, that's mod-confirmed.
Where's the discrepancy here coming from?

If I fight Tina without Bianco I likely won't make it
i thought i made it pretty clear that everyone needed to

it doesn't matter if you make it we needed that night skip to not literally lose and we're only alive now because of some sort of miracle
Well you also made it pretty clear that black and I were scum team and you didn't know what you were talking about then, I don't know why I would listen to you
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8110 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8081, Meuh wrote: If FL town, Wheme/Chandra scum
If FL scum, FL/Wheme makes the most sense
Why not flip Wheme
I think this makes sense. These are the only 3 I'm considering today.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8111 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8092, Chandra Nalaar wrote: can we claim now

this is all a distraction from the task at hand
Why don't you start then, and we'll popcorn like you suggested? Like, who is stopping you from claiming?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8295 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Merlyn »

VOTE: FlavvrLeaf in case the double vote thing isn't real? I didn't understand this game going in and apparently I'm going to end it not understanding it.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8296 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8298, Yimmy wrote: sorry chandra. i should've listened to you :(
I mean, we had vote sometime though right? And I think it was going to be FL or Wheme no matter what. That is frankly a wack power
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8318 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8319, Yimmy wrote: cause i got hit a few times. idk nobody ever challenged me or anything. just got whopped by some squirtles
Wait, you were still fighting squirtles? I thought the wild pokes leveled up. I got a freaking infernape
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8321 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:10 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8325, Titus wrote:
In post 8323, Merlyn wrote:
In post 8319, Yimmy wrote: cause i got hit a few times. idk nobody ever challenged me or anything. just got whopped by some squirtles
Wait, you were still fighting squirtles? I thought the wild pokes leveled up. I got a freaking infernape
Did you beat one?
Not even close
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8322 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:10 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8324, Chandra Nalaar wrote: Also can we finish claiming now
Whose turn?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8367 (isolation #51) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8368, Chandra Nalaar wrote: i think the only one who hasnt claimed at all is merlyn
I've already said I'm tatsugiri.   My predecessor got to pick what color tatsu at the beginning and depending on the color I got a particular stat boosted. When dondoze ate me, we were hooded and dondozo got big stat boosts for it, plus I was pretty much safe from everything but a lim while in his stomach. If I was limmed we'd both bite it though. I couldn't use any moves or battle anything in his stomach.  I can taunt and distract other pokes from doing a move.  My slot taunted Ranger, then Drew before becoming hooded so it couldn't be used. I forgot I could taunt when I got out and now I'm fainted.  In the hood, my predecessors did not share what if anything they did together, but Bianco challenged Italiano and then challenged NM.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8368 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8371, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 8366, Chandra Nalaar wrote: nm claimed but didn't say any of the actual night actions which is wild because he's been on the website long enough to know what claiming is
I don't remember them and I can't be bothered to check
come on man
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8403 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Right. So, I'm comfortable with an StD or NM vote today. Yimmy is pretty my conf town I think, I can't see why scum would place the first vote in votelock on a partner.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8406 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8409, WhemeStar wrote: I think merlyn/nm are 2
Any reason, or is it bc of me saying I'd vote std?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8462 (isolation #55) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8460, DrippingGoofball wrote: I had told Chandra I was going to park my vote on Titus today, during game night in our PT.
In post 8461, Chandra Nalaar wrote: uhhhh no you didn't?
so this is a little strange of DGB. What do you mean by park your vote anyway, it's votelock, you have to park.

Like everyone else I'm waiting for Titus to figure out what to do next.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8477 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

okay I feel good about this VOTE: Titus
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8494 (isolation #57) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Let's keep picking off of Black's list, they basically had the game solved
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8631 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8602, Chandra Nalaar wrote: Idk why it is that when I'm actually scum I get scumread on the assumption I am incredibly stupid (missing the good but not unreal game I'm actually playing) and when I'm town folks will do all kinds of mental gymnastics to believe I'm fuckin megaminding all up in this shit
When I first read this post it annoyed me bc of the egotism, but the more I've thought about it the thing is I there's a point here. I think that folks look for you to be scum bc it would be satisfying for you to be scum bc of your playstyle. I have kind of felt this way about you this game anyway. But yeah that's a shitty reason to base a scumcase off.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8632 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8633, Yimmy wrote: so he caught that my watcher results cleared you (if he died) and he decided the best move was to sacrifice his entire life to muddy that clear, contingent on that clear actually being a point of discussion and some rando calling doubt to it (by no means a foregone conclusion)
I didn't realize this- can someone point me to the results in question?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8633 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Yimmy- most obvtown. If Yimmy is scum, I think it's an oscar worthy performance on Yimmys part to vote FL and then write those posts believing FL was taking them with him. Not saying Yimmy couldn't be that good of an actor, but the less complicated (and probably right) solution is that Yimmy is town.

Chandra- is I guess cleared by Yimmy

Meuh- actually participates in this game and just has this general towny vibe but for some reason I've paid very little attention to.

Wheme- my biggest coinflip. Was ready to lim them first out of all the people FL implicated in his thing. If Black and Chandra were/are both town, I have to ask what I believe FL would do- sprinkle a scums in there, or put three town people under the gun. I have actually WIFOMed about this a lot. I don't really know what I think.

NM, DGB- basically don't participate. I have an ongoing paranoia that we've let them slip by too long and now if they're scum we're screwed.

StD- had them in the above non-participatory category until basically today? StD, question for you- what brought this burst of activity on?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8636 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8641, Yimmy wrote:
In post 7392, Yimmy wrote: yeah, i saw these pokemon visit chandra: regular liligant, porygon 2, furret, naganadel
i'll go ahead and claim the rest of my results. i can't imagine why not
wooper and haunter visited flavor leaf night 1
nobody visited whemestar night 2
i forgot to use an action last night. whoopsy-daisy etc
first of all my scumcase was extremely cool
the clear here is that flavor leaf (furret) targeted chandra despite that none of his actions are reasonable to use on a partner (look at his flip)
that's a good point, FL didnt have an buffs so it doesnt make sense for him to visit Chandra unless Chandra is town
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8692 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8667, Chandra Nalaar wrote: i really want to find squirtle as scum because im very dissatisfied with merlyns performance but i just cant
This must be what it feels like when you get a bad report card- "I'm not angry at you, just very dissatisfied with what you've done'.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8693 (isolation #63) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I would be fine with an StD or NM lim today. If StD was avoiding going after NM it's because they're linked. I do think it's funny that StD is the only one with a vote and it's on NM- I'm wondering what will happen if the votes go up.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8694 (isolation #64) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Merlyn »

VOTE: Not Mafia
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8723 (isolation #65) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Merlyn »

Have you explained why you think I'm scum and I've missed it?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8768 (isolation #66) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I don't get it- if you don't want to fight NM but still think he's scum, what's stopping you from voting him? There is a real sense here that you're trying to twist away from having to take out a partner.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8773 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8778, WhemeStar wrote: I think I’m more likely to kill mr. Fainted every night or the hide in other Pokémon way more than the dude who can battle constantly though
Excuse me, thats Miss Fainted every night or hid in the other pokemon to you
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8828 (isolation #68) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8812, WhemeStar wrote: Chandra challenged me to a battle and used no move and I used super palafin becuase I’m at 1 hp would have died
The better move would have been too let Chandra kill you though, she was conftown and we could have sorted you for good.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8866 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8865, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 8863, Meuh wrote: Also Merlyn wasn't fainted or poisoned last night, whatever that info is worth

Merlyn what did you do last night since you weren’t fainted
I taunted you
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8867 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8871, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 8824, Meuh wrote: Probably just N_M/Wheme
You really think I'm scum after how the wagons formed yesterday? This is just lazy, whether you're scum or town
You literally once told me you couldn't be bothered to remember or look up any moves you've done all game
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8868 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Merlyn »

DGB, did you do anything last night that can be confirmed by someone?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8870 (isolation #72) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 8876, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 8874, Merlyn wrote:
In post 8871, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 8824, Meuh wrote: Probably just N_M/Wheme
You really think I'm scum after how the wagons formed yesterday? This is just lazy, whether you're scum or town
You literally once told me you couldn't be bothered to remember or look up any moves you've done all game
Why does that make me scum?
It makes you lazy
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8887 (isolation #73) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

I'm around, yeah
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8888 (isolation #74) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

What does that mean though, that Wheme or NM is definitely scum?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8989 (isolation #75) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

gg all! I'm sorry town I really thought you were gonna finish that epic comeback you were making.

Mad props to Team Allies of Tina! FL was the brilliant ringleader, Titus was an incredible wordsmith, STD always came in at the clutch moments, and Wheme basically won endgame with his bold play. I tried to stay in the background and deserve little to no credit here
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8997 (isolation #76) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 9000, Thestatusquo wrote: LFG!

Sorry I couldn't stick around but Merlyn did an excellent job picking up my slack. <3
nah, rode your coattails buddy :)

Huge props to Ali and $elene, this game was a logistical beast and you ran it so smoothly!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9000 (isolation #77) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 9003, Yimmy wrote: not_mafia, give it to me straight, did i do the avatar justice??
thanks for modding alisae and frozen angel!! i had fun! good playerlist!! i got scared cause replacing into a 120 page large theme after a 3 year hiatus cause this game is too stressful was way gutsy, but you guys were nice <3. i think we coulda won if chandra killed wheme last night. hope to see you folks around!!
also for the record i take all the credit for the flavor leaf and titus lims. how could you guys make the effective newbie carry the burden of being the first vote in a locked votes situation?? monsters
Yimmy, you were amazing! You were too good to let live :)

Oh, you definitely would have won if Chandra had killed Wheme. No one was more surprised than us. RNG is a cruel being
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9023 (isolation #78) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 9029, Black wrote: ggwp!