Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Nocmen »

Kast wrote:@CandleJack/Morph-
Opportunistic much?

@Anti/Ace-
Feeling the waters? Not liking these posts.

@GreyIce-
Please clarify if your claim is serious.
-If so, does your power ALSO prevent a watcher from seeing the ACTUAL culprit? (This should be a no-brainer to share if you're seriously claiming)
-Would your ability false track to protected and/or kill immune targets (ie. failed kill attempts)?

What's ironic is that you seem to be feeling the waters with those comments. By mentioning what you don't like, but yet not voting.

Not bothering too much with the claim for now. We'll see how it goes when needed.

Amrun, if the cult comment was about a past game, please link it.

Vote: Kast
. Haven't liked anything from his posts right now
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #81 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Not liking Ace's vote on Kast, nor the majority of his posts. Seems like an easy way for him as scum to sneak onto a wagon.

Amrun: WHy don't you like the cast on Kast?

@Kast: There's a difference between posting fluff and posting reads. Votes don't always need to happen, but I will go after someone for not posting any reads, making it too easy for scum to get away with that. Also, you seem very against Grey's claim, and if you are...why aren't you voting him?

I'm ignoring all the bickering about previous games. I don't want to bring them into it and deal with that crap.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #83 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun wrote:Kast's posts seem pretty reasonable to me and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Nice pun, though.

Why do you think his posts are townlike? He hasn't given much reads, aside from calling Grey a VI. Besides that, I find much of his posts hypocritical and overreacting about discussion on previous games and the claim.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Nocmen »

SpyreX wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3146851

Ever have one of those posts you absolutely can't quantify WHY but it just reeks scummy?

Yea, this is one of those posts. I look at it and I gnash at the screen and I cant even begin to explain it.

I want to see a few responses to other issues and then I'll decide if I want to agree with you or not.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:
Antifinity wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:
What is a RNG? never heard that term before or maybe i am rusty.

RNG. I used a random number generator for my first vote because I was in a hurry.
I'm convinced this cult-wagon-thing is nuts, and everyone involved is crazy.
The miller thing is more serious, and for flavor reasons, I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm going to put my less random vote on Candle Jack, for caring far too much
vote: Candle Jack

Candle Jack is my mason buddy. I get mad when you vote for my mason buddies. Who would you say is floating on the sidelines and needs serious pressure?

PEdit: Drew those questions were still noise designed to look town, they were stupid as SIN.

Masons now too? Why the hell would you out that fact for no good reason?

Unvote, Vote: GreyICE
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:
Nocmen wrote:Masons now too? Why the hell would you out that fact for no good reason?

Ooh, interesting. The plot thickens.

I give you one post to identify the enormous error you just made.

Here's the possibilites
1. You are masons with him. While he is able to back your claim and make you town, you revealed another protown role without any pressure on you, or with no benefit. Pure anti-town,
2. You aren't masons, which is a direct lie to us. Again, Anti-town.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #115 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

Kast wrote:@Noc-
You are posts aren't flowing well. Initially you objected that my reads are hypocritical for not including a vote. Now you admit votes aren't necessary, but conflate this with an unrelated statement that fluff is different from reads. Using my explicitly declared uncertainty about Grey is false evidence; my reads on Grey are NOT what we were discussing in the first place.
Noc wrote:Also, you seem very against Grey's claim, and if you are...why aren't you voting him?
This is more silliness resulting from Grey's initial flailing. Grey accused me of attacking him for fake claiming. That never happened.

I suggest you read again or read more carefully if you think the only thing I've posted is calling Grey a VI and discussing old games.

1. I'm pressuring you for a vote, anywhere. Stop being so neutral.
2. Let's go over all of your posts up to this point:

The only parts of posts that can be construed as reads from you:
Kast wrote:@CandleJack/Morph-
Opportunistic much?

@Anti/Ace-
Feeling the waters? Not liking these posts.

Kast wrote:
Post #23 is the flailing. It has nothing to do with Amrun. GreyIce did something idiotic as town; but if he is serious town, then he can mitigate his crap-play by answering some simple questions that will help us avoid misinformation and evaluate future claims/actions/events.

@Candlejack-
Is there a reason you are so paranoid and trying to make everyone else paranoid about Amrun? If you genuinely believe his comment is as harmful as you keep claiming, then there shouldn't be any reason to avoid explaining to the town why and how you think Amrun's comment could hurt us. Simply claiming "CULTS ARE TEH EVIL!!@!" doesn't cut it. Instead of just telling us Mind Screw 3 was horrible because of the cult speculation, tell us how Amrun's comment even minutely leads to what happened in Mind Screw 3.

Referring to Candlejack again

@Pom-
You're right, it's not obvious sarcasm on it's own, but even pretending it is, that only addresses the first line. The remainder of his post is gibberish with an OMGUS added to it.

That's it.

Kast wrote:
@Noc/Jack/Malthusis-
Given he was
joking
and not
seriously fake claiming
, do you intend to keep your votes?

Given that you seem to dislike him completely, and see his as either scum or hurting town, do you intend to vote him?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:
Kast wrote:
@GreyIce-
Posts like this make it seem like you really don't care to play this game any more than to insult and belittle people who disagree with your current set of beliefs. You haven't posted anything significant or relevant aside from making a claim. Change that please.

@Kast: No, that was actually a suggestion that Pomegranate was doing the classic 'fos scum, vote town.'

AKA she's scum.

I'm pretty sure I'm playing the game fairly well, Nocmen more or less claimed scum in his last post if you pay attention to it, and Tar confirmed himself v. townie (like we didn't know this) and also a tad unstable (LAL, really? Does that like ever work?).

You sitting there and whining rather than trying to figure out what's going on doesn't feel super town. And I'm waiting for Nocmen to post. Plus you're probs scum, so well etc. My votes where it should be :D

PEdit: Nocmen, one last chance. What was terribly, terribly wrong with your vote on me?

Please, explain it to me.

Also,
Unvote, Vote: Kast

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were joking for now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Nocmen »

StevieT92 wrote:

As for Amrun, what he did is a scumtell. I'm quite sick of this debate but I believe its a scum tell, and worth a vote at that stage of the game. Not everyone in this game agrees with this, and frankly its been debated to death so I'm going to try and move past it. His recent posts have been good.

Why is it a scumtell? Because of an offhand cult mention, that may or may not refer to a previous game? At the same time, you've switch to grey for his mention of masons, which is attributable to almost the same thing Amrun did?

Doesn't help that you vote right after you get criticized for it too.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Nocmen »

StevieT92 wrote:
Nocmen wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:

As for Amrun, what he did is a scumtell. I'm quite sick of this debate but I believe its a scum tell, and worth a vote at that stage of the game. Not everyone in this game agrees with this, and frankly its been debated to death so I'm going to try and move past it. His recent posts have been good.

Why is it a scumtell? Because of an offhand cult mention, that may or may not refer to a previous game? At the same time, you've switch to grey for his mention of masons, which is attributable to almost the same thing Amrun did?

No I voted GreyIce because yesterday I posted that if he did not answer my questions I would vote for him. He did not answer my questions. I am voting for him.

If you want to see why I think the cult mention is a scum tell, then read my posts. That cult post has derailed a lot of our day one discussion. Its a scumtell and I'm not the only one who thinks that. If you disagree with that it's fine but to attack me over that is ridiculous.

I'm much more satisfied with you moving it off of him, but I was hoping it would be due to his position with the Kast wagon.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Nocmen »

ZeL1nK wrote:Nocmen's #118 looks scummy. The jump onto GI was terrible, and the jump back onto Kast looks insincere. Even apart from the fact GI's claim was a fairly obvious joke, why would you vote for someone who claimed mason? Like, you voted him for 'outing' himself... Really? And come on, you'll give GI the 'benefit of the doubt' that he was joking?

This looks like distancing by Pom. Also explains why Stevie only takes the time to respond to Pom in #137 without even mentioning any of the other people voting for him.

Unvote

VOTE: Stevie

ace wrote:Kast is a priority right now though since Stevie's actually posting useful stuff at the moment.

Wait, what? How is Stevie posting useful stuff? He's not actually scum hunting, he's just saying "X is a scum tell" and defending himself.

It was pure anti-town behavior.

GreyICE wrote:
Nocmen wrote:Masons now too? Why the hell would you out
that fact
for no good reason?

So that implies that I know exactly if the claim was true or not. Please, if I was scum, how would I know about masons?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Nocmen »

ace5993 wrote:
drewoftherushes wrote:I don't understand speculating on how the pressure of a wagon will alter the way that person posts - we have no idea how Stevie or Kast is going to react to a wagon until it happens, which is why we make it happen in the first place. To speculate that Stevie's posting style won't change is ridiculous.

That's exactly what we should be doing this early in the game, trying to find which wagon will be most useful. For me, if I find two people scummy, if one person is already defending themselves and trying to appear like they are scumhunting while the other is doing absolutely nothing, I'm going to suggest we wagon the one doing absolutely nothing. We can come back to Stevie later.

I agree with this, and the quote you reply to. Kast has handled the pressure very well so far with the votes. Then again, 4-5 votes isn't much in a large game. I am slightly curious as to how that changes if he gets a larger wagon on him.

Definitely starting to be more curious about Stevie. Not for the disagreement with the Kast wagon, but for hte vote on Amrun, as well as pressuring things that really don't need to be pressured right now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #175 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Nocmen »

Stevie ISO:
StevieT92 wrote:Bringing up cults is most definitely a scum tell, it is an attempt to derail the D1 discussion. And, even though it was "justified" as a mention of another game, that still was a (fairly successful) attempt to keep us talking about unimportant things. For that reason, I will
Vote: Amrun
. Also, pretty much all of Amrun's posts have been defending himself about this issue, besides one post where he calls the Kast wagon bad - again this is a large post count that really isn't contributing anything pro-town.

I'm not getting a really scummy read of Kast, but I don't think the wagon is completely unfounded, however I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand.

What is a RNG? never heard that term before or maybe i am rusty.

FoS: GreyIce
for not answering legitimate questions. If you do not get on that it will turn into a vote. I have some questions for you myself:
Why did you choose to claim D1 being completely unprompted? Not that this is necessarily a scum tell I simply don't get your motivation.
Why did you claim your role power without claiming what character you were?

On a completely unrelated note, I will be going to the beach this thursday and friday so I will not post on either of those days.

Steve

Why do you vote for a cult mention, when a vote would be more likely to pressure Grey to answer the questions you so badly want a reply for?

StevieT92 wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Come on, wagon scum to lynch by page 4.

Do it. DO IT

Town gains nothing by rushing for a quick lynch. Also you really haven't offered any significant criticisms of Kast, besides your sarcastic responses and posting about how much you want him lynched.

More issues you have with Grey, yet you keep your vote on him.

StevieT92 wrote:Clarification on the point on Kast: I have no problem with the people wagonning him as I think he is mildly scummy - I am not however going to vote for him.

What do you think is scummy about Kast? This just seems like a way to build up on a potential sheeping vote.

StevieT92 wrote:
unvote, vote: GreyIce

Multiple posts, still hasn't answered the many legitimate and direct questions. Instead he did a pointless fake sarcastic claim which serves no purpose. Answer the questions, defend yourself against the points against you. Ignoring them is a sure route to getting lynched. You are doing a good job of scumhunting, and made a good point about Pomegrant's fos and vote. However, ignoring everyone who is criticizing you is very scummy.

Finally do you move your vote here. Keep in mind this is immediately after GhostWriter calls him out for a bad vote.

StevieT92 wrote:
Nocmen wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:

No I voted GreyIce because yesterday I posted that if he did not answer my questions I would vote for him. He did not answer my questions. I am voting for him.

If you want to see why I think the cult mention is a scum tell, then read my posts. That cult post has derailed a lot of our day one discussion. Its a scumtell and I'm not the only one who thinks that. If you disagree with that it's fine but to attack me over that is ridiculous.

While this is the post from him I agree most with, Grey has a few questions to Stevie that were unanswered at this point.

StevieT92 wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Actually, VOTE: Stevie. I hate the way he came in to make another short, meaningless post, gets criticized by GW for not having reads, and then right away comes in with a post voting GI (as well as the rest of his previously mentioned scummy behavior, of course). Additionally, although I don't like GI's play right now or anything, I can say that I don't want to be on a wagon with Stevie.

I think you guys see me being scummy about a playstyle thing I do. When I write posts I like to keep different topics separate and try to post multiple posts in a flurry. After I finished reading the thread and before GW posted I had already planned to vote for GreyIce. When I posted that first one sentence post I immediately started typing my post voting for GreyIce, the fact that GW posted a criticism of my voting at the same time was purely coincidental. You will see plenty of times in this game (assuming you dont all lynch me :p) that i post two or more times in a row. And of course I had never planned on posting one sentence and then leaving.

Look at what happens when I try and cram multiple thoughts into one post: I frankly admit that the sentence I wrote about Kast sucks ass and isn't vaguely good town behavior. That is why I tried to clarify what I meant.

Steve

Flailing under wagon pressure. While I don't agree with Pom's that multiple short posts are scummy, this seems like a bit too much of a defense on yourself. Talking about posting style instead of actually defending yourself using game actions.
StevieT92 wrote:@GhostWriter I didn't like his response, here it was:

GreyICE wrote:Also, how many games have you played before Stevie? Legit question, because I'm curious as to you knowing what you do to people who are tracked or watched targeting a night kill. Watched really makes it a 'throw in the towel' on me trying to just play super town and get night killed fast as I can be town enough not to get copped/tracked but I can't dodge a watcher.

Firstly, the entire post is trying to answer a question with a question. That is scummy behavior, I'm not going to answer the question for you.

Secondly, he again ignores my second question asking why he didn't reveal his flavor name. This is a legitimate question, and if more people jump on the wagon then we should force him to reveal this - that's really up to you guys though. This is also scummy - even if he doesn't want to reveal his flavor name (there are valid reasons for feeling this way, i just wanted to hear what he had to say) there is no reason he should be ducking the question.

I also think that if this wagon for GreyIce grows we should eventually demand to hear this flavor name.

Lastly, the noob comments are cracking me up. It's not my fault all my games on this website were lost in the abyss that is the internet - and considering I was playing mafia on the internet for year or so before I even came to this website I have plenty of experience. I also was a regular on ScumChat back in the good old days.
Steve

What makes no sense is that how much you post against Grey, you are doing the same actions he are, and could easily be voted for the same things alone. And going back to your post before this, you're now derailing discussion with your history on this site - I find this as much less relevant than the cult activity you went after Amrun for. I don't understand you pushing so hard for a flavor name.

Unvote, Vote: Stevie
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #177 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Nocmen »

ace5993 wrote:
Nocmen wrote:I agree with this, and the quote you reply to. Kast has handled the pressure very well so far with the votes. Then again, 4-5 votes isn't much in a large game. I am slightly curious as to how that changes if he gets a larger wagon on him.

Definitely starting to be more curious about Stevie. Not for the disagreement with the Kast wagon, but for hte vote on Amrun, as well as pressuring things that really don't need to be pressured right now.

This is wishy-washy nothingness. Curious is a scummy word. Also agreeing with both me AND drew is scummy. Drew is essentially saying we should wagon the scummiest to find reactions, I'm saying we should make the wagon that will prove most beneficial to town via reactions so we can more accurately figure out the scummiest. You can't really agree with both, even though it may appear like you can on the surface.

Nocmen's case on Stevie

And then you switch your vote. Essentially meaning you didn't agree with me at all, and were just trying to make friends. Nice try.

^Very weak couple of posts.

Drew said we get information based on their response to wagons. I was saying that I was satisfied a bit with Kast's response, and that we need to change wagons based on reactions. What exactly were you referring to by useful wagons? Defense against the wagons, or wagons as in who votes and why?

I tried looking at Stevie to see the possibility of a wagon, but once I got to the third post the hypocracy and scumtells were screaming at me.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #217 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Nocmen »

StevieT92 wrote:

"What do you think is scummy about Kast? This just seems like a way to build up on a potential sheeping vote."

I thought he was going after players rather aggressively in the early stages of the game. At the point I made that post there were two camps - those attacking people on the Kast wagon and those attacking Kast. I was attempting to say that while I did not find anything worth voting for, there was no reason to attack those who were attacking Kast. Like I said before, it was a shitty sentence that did not convey my meaning in the least. I acknowledge this.

Agressively? Kast hadn't placed a vote at all yet, and he hasn't focused on anyone in specific. The main targets of his posts have been Grey and myself, and even a few times he thinks Grey may be town. He's said people are scummy, but hasnt placed any votes on it. How is he being "rather aggressive"?

Starbuck wrote:

Nocmen

Nocmen wrote:
Amrun wrote:Kast's posts seem pretty reasonable to me and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Nice pun, though.

Why do you think his posts are townlike? He hasn't given much reads, aside from calling Grey a VI. Besides that, I find much of his posts hypocritical and overreacting about discussion on previous games and the claim.

She didn't say anything about his posts being townlike. Just that they are reasonable.

I'm a bit concerned about your assumptions here.

Amrun said previously that the "Kast wagon was bad". If it's a bad wagon, then she sees the cases on him as not being scummy. If she doesn't think he's scummy, then she thinks he is town or neutral read.
Starbuck wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:When someone goes, stevie answer my questions or i will vote you, i will answer their questions.

Why does there have to be a threat of a vote in order for you to respond? That's pretty damn anti-town imho.

Quoted for agreeing with that point. Stevie, if you aren't answering questions, that seems to us like you have something to hide. That's not a townlike behavior you take on in ignoring the questions.

Nothing with funny business happened to me.

I'd like to see Amrun's comments on the Stevie case though, especially with her not voting because of me on it.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #225 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun wrote:
It has enough validity that I don't think the people on it, especially early, are scum fabricating cases, but I just don't buy stevie as scum. I would hammer at deadline, but not before.

Now, where does that place me? Who else do you think is scum on the wagon, besides me, because I already know you think I'm scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #241 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun wrote:Because I don't suspect Stevie? Whatevs, have fun with that.

For the record, though, grey, you are town. So is candlejack.

Still wanting to see a more detailed wagon analysis.

Also, I don't understand the vote on Lobster. Because of sheeping your vote on me? That's the only reason I can see why.

Additionally, Amrun, an issue I have with your case on me is that you disagree with what Grey thinks in me "practically claiming scum", but you fail to provide much of a reason, aside from your disagreeing with me on the Kast wagon.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #244 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun wrote:Pomegranate, I never changed my mind OR my reasons, I just failed to explain them properly at first, which is why I immediately did.

Nocmen, my vote on you came before the "slip" and for entirely independent reasons.

As did my suspicion of Lobster. Do an ISO really quickly or something.

The vote was before that, but I still don't see much reasoning for the vote on me.

@Lobster: I think Amrun wanted me to ISO her, which I conveniently did before my last post, so I'm a bit familiar with it. In your vote on me though, I felt like you didn't really have much of a reason of your own, just sheeping what else was posted. However, I have a townish read on you for now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #245 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

EBWOP: Basically, Amrun, what I'm saying is that I don't think you have detailed enough reasons with your votes on me and Lobster.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #256 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Nocmen »

LobsterCatapult wrote:
Kast wrote:I'll have my larger post with breakdown of reads up tonight. Skimming through and trying to answer any outstanding points atm:

@Starbuck-
Yeah, I answered the question. You may have missed it since it was in spoiler tags.

Spyrex wrote:Lets just say if Stewie gets lynched and I die instead pay attention.
If you think your death is very likely, take the chance to share more thoughts/info as needed. Also, I did not do anything to cause your PM/whatever. Further, it seems unlikely that the culprit would claim in any case, especially not when you imply whatever was done is negative/harmful.

-I'm amused that ace reacts to being called out by basically saying, "Look at me! I'm pushing a counter-wagon and interested in doing something!"

-I'll keep Amrun in mind in my re-read/summary; on the surface I'm feeling neutral as far as affiliation, but I may be biased since it feels like she keeps agreeing with me. I don't have the best opinion of most of her attackers though, so that'll probably affect my read.

why is stevie a mislynch?

did you read the links and spoiler tags there? He pretty much said why he thinks so. I disagree with it, but he did post it.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #275 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Every read is neutral or scummy.

I'm not going to open a single one of those spoiler tags, and I'll be saner for it.

That's one of the initial issues I had with Kast. There are no solid town reads. That's being either too cautious or too wishy-washy.

Also Kast: I'm not saying Amrun is scummy because she's not on the leading wagon. I'm saying she's scummy because I don't like her reasoning behind her votes. Is there a problem if I actually ask and attack people who I'm not currently voting for?

Finally, in the summary of me, you mention: He reads like he is capable of much better town play than he is giving and I'd look forward to such a game in future. That makes it sounds like You think I'm town, but don't like the way I'm acting. Seems contradictory when you then vote me.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #294 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Nocmen »

Waiting for stevie's response before I possibly change my vote.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #300 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Nocmen »

GhostWriter wrote:If I hear one more person use this bullshit "he plays like he's new" excuse, I'm voting them. He's played at least 7 games, mostly themed. On the archives if you care to actually look. Which I did before voting. He knows how to play. It's not newb mistakes, it's scummy behavior.

That too. I'm pretty sure I've played a game with him before a while ago.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #321 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Iecerint wrote:I would've been ADDING my vote to Ace around that time, so the unvote seemed very weird. I don't know what the point of RVS is (well, there's still SOME point, but) if you remove said votes as a matter of principle.

My finished-game experience with Kast is just the original Brave and the Beautiful. He was very into set-up/mechanic analysis, very into kind of addressing all points of view and consolidating them, but also a little bit detached from the X v. Y elements of the game. This game, he's still doing that, but enough of his analysis seems motivated to support theses that I don't think are very plausible that I am suspicious. I think I highlight a couple of examples through my readthrough, one fairly early on. The big one for me is his attitude toward GreyICE this game. I'm SLIGHTLY appeased by his eventual agnosticism with regard to his alignment, but only just.

Please explain in the context of the game. I understand the thing with Grey, but why exactly do you think that?

StevieT92 wrote:I just got back from the beach, re-reading everything. I'm not going to claim until the 8 or so players who haven't really posted or just got subbed into the game post their thoughts. If that's so scummy then lynch me. I'll post some more detailed thoughts on who else i think is scummy either later tonight or tomorrow.

No, you're the one with the wagon on you. I want to hear what you say, uniquely, without just trying to sheep stuff that others may post.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #345 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Nocmen »

Iecerint wrote:
@ Nocmen -- Are you asking about my old game with Kast? Superficially, his play was very similar to what's going on here. The difference is that it seemed like his analysis was kind of biased in this game; like, he'd present information that I'd also just read, but then come to conclusions that didn't necessarily seem particularly obvious to me. The example in this game that originally made me O_o was his early game questions @ GreyICE, which, while reasonable questions, seemed to be presented in lieu of other game participation, if that makes any sense. The discrepancy described above also fits this pattern (like, you could see someone with Kast's playstyle as either a policeman or a scumhunter, and he's leaning toward the former here more than I'm used to).

Yes, I was asking why you were "slightly pleased" with Kast, and why exactly you felt that.
Pomegranate wrote:
Amrun wrote:Vpom, I'd like to see your response to Kast.

What are you looking for? At least in regard to what he said about me (which is what you specified you wanted), I don't have much to say. I think most of it makes sense, and I don't dislike the post (in general) as much as everyone else. The spoilers don't bother me, but the one thing that does is the lack of straight up townreads. But otherwise I've mostly liked Kast's play so far (but then again, I've never played with him before to my memory, so I can't compare his playstyle to anything else. And his playstyle in this game is what seems to be a problem with most people).

So...do you like it or you dont? You like his play, but not his lack of townreads?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #424 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I'm complacent with the claim for now.

Unvote
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #435 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
The Towniest of the Town
-----------------------------
SpyreX
Tarhydra
GI
Volkan
Tajo

Why Volkan town? I haven't liked a few of his cases, but I've ignored it because I feel that others are scummier.

What I'm going to do now is an ISO on all 3 of my suspects - Lobster, Amrun, Pomegranite, and Volkan. And then vote based on that.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #438 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Lobster:
LobsterCatapult wrote:sorry, shit happened in rl, worked a double at work then went out. i skimmed the thread, i will post tomorrow.

so far, very inclined to think that kast and GI are town, along with volkan

need to read stevie, and pom more closely.

Next post of her:
LobsterCatapult wrote:
ZeL1nK wrote:I thought that was a pretty obvious joke. Why would GI-scum lie about it when Candle Jack could easily confirm it's a lie?

This is null for me. Although the responses and vote shifts because of it have got my interest.

I'm fairly confident GreyIce is doing this just for that. i think GreyIce is town, though i think his playstyle is really getting under peoples skin, like Kast.

@greyice...pom bussing stevie?

Im seeing Kast as likely town as well, i like his response to CandleJacks points about Amrun's cult "speculation". i think kast and GreyIce are town, but just mixing as well as oil and water. i think kast is exaggerating GreyIce's posts as antitown, and misinterpretting them as such, especially the one where he pointed out a very valid point against pom. that inlies what i said about kast earlier discrediting GI, kast since the first exhange between him and GreyIce as come across as rather town, i like that he has pulled away to address other points, but i think their incredibly different playstyles have led to misinterpretations that instead of me originally thinking as discrediting, have been simply misinterpretations.

pom's 41 was pretty garbage indeed, and she ended up reversing her vote like that. which.....in turn, i find a bit scummy. i find her 41 a bit scummy, and i feel after she got called out on it, she switched her vote to stevie at the soonest point she found acceptable. However, since i dont like stevie's posts about kast wagon, either, i think this is rather poor bussing/distancing. whatever.

still not liking how ace voted kast simply because there was a wagon...i mean, c'mon look how early the day is, the point is to try to build cases here, not sheep them at this point. also...stevie is not doing anything useful, except finding a good tree and getting strong rope.

i like Zel1nks and volkans posts thus far.

nocmen seems to be reacting extremely strongly to greyice's stupid fake mason claim, and i dont understand his kast vote.
however, i really don't like malthusis' vote right after it.

thus, taking my own advice, im going to vote malthusis.

unvote
vote:malthusis

Note the fact that she calls them scummy, and yet votes Malth for...a single vote? While at the same time, building cases on the other's that she's mentioned.

*For the sake of walls, I've removed a few posts where she builds a case on me*
LobsterCatapult wrote:
ace wrote:When you vote you have to think about what purpose the wagon will serve. Will a wagon on Kast, or a wagon on Stevie serve more purpose? In this case, a wagon on Stevie will accomplish very little; he's not going to significantly change his posting style because he's already trying to defend himself. A wagon on Kast will either force Kast to contribute to scumhunting as town or force him out of his comfort zone as scum.

Stevie's attitude towards the game could change a lot of he were put under more pressure, just like physics. the more pressure you apply to something, the hotter under the collar stevie will get, regardless if he is scum or town, however how he reacts to this, will help us figure out if he is scum, or town, and who on his wagon is scum or town. as a wagon builds, you dont just recieve information to whom the wagon is building upon, but also who joins the wagon, for what reason, and when. a wagon on stevie, if he flips scum or town, will help us figure out who his buddies were, or who was scum that misled town for the mislynch.

You say you want to pressure Stevie, yet you don't have a vote on him right now? This is what confuses me about you. Your posts give one case, and your votes another. You keep saying stuff about Stevie, yet keep the vote on me.

Town points though: She does pressure Kast for why he thinks stevie is town, and I really like that push towards a reply for that.

Lobster: What happened in your eyes to make Amrun go from town to scum?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #439 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun:

*Ignoring the cult mentions for now*

I like the initial hunting, they are solid pushes on people for answers.

Votes Lobster, at least for the same reasons as the initial mention.

Doesn't join the wagon befcause of my vote on Stevie. Switches over to Lobster once realizing that Lobster is pressuring Stevie but not voting him. Again, something I hit on during my ISO of Lobster.

I would like to see a better analysis of your "gut reads" of drew and ace though, just to see how she will make other cases right now.

I feel neutral with Amrun right now, because of her analysis of Lobster. However, I do want to see other cases from her besides me and Lobster.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #440 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Pom:
Votes Grey, FoSes Stevie, then does nothing but mention the stevie case until when she suspects Amrun for not joining that wagon.

Not much else.

Pom: What do you think of Grey now? What about me? You said you were going to do an analysis of me, but you didn't.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #441 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Nocmen »

ace:

Do you still think SpyreX is scummy? You seemed to get very concerned about "fluff" in the first two posts, during RVS?

And now it's just an unusual playstyle.

Then he goes after me for "Sheeping" my vote on Stevie, but like lobster, suspects stevie, but doesn't vote for him.

Says that stevie "needs" to be lynched, but votes me?

Then you say that you need to lynch me or Amrun - why Amrun? you mention her out of the blue.

But because you haven't forced it too much for now, I'm going to
Vote: Lobster
FoS: Ace
. Ace may just be lazy play.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #444 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Nocmen »

LobsterCatapult wrote:
i never really saw amrun as a town read, i began to find her more and more scummy as we went along, at first i thought scum might have been singling her out for the cult speculation thing,and falsely repping her as scum for doing so, since her explination of the vote sufficed for me.

Nevermind, I took this quote out of context at the end of it:
LobsterCatapult wrote:
by no means, right now, do i see amrun as acting very townie.

I don't like how you use this as a reason to go and vote for her, finally.

And I said volkan instead of ace. So I have a 5th case to do, when I meant to do 3. I'm tired and making so many mistakes, so I'm going to save that for when i wake up.
SpyreX wrote:
Then he goes after me for "Sheeping" my vote on Stevie, but like lobster, suspects stevie, but doesn't vote for him.

Says that stevie "needs" to be lynched, but votes me?

Go ahead and elucidate both of these, tia. Cite references.

The posts from ace:
ace5993 wrote:
Nocmen wrote:I tried looking at Stevie to see the possibility of a wagon, but once I got to the third post the hypocracy and scumtells were screaming at me.

I agree with your case on Stevie, I was calling you out for buddying me/drew.

ace5993 wrote:

Yeah right. For the record I absolutely think Stevie deserves to get
lynched
more than anyone else at the moment (and most likely deserves to get lynched today), however he's not the best
pressure
wagon candidate. I'm a little alarmed people want to be lynching anyone this early though, and no, I will absolutely not be part of a page 9 lynch wagon. I'm not one for unnecessarily dragging the day out but come on guys, it's day 1 and there are so many more avenues we can explore before the day ends. Reaction testing is most useful on D1, why are we not using it to our advantage?

Apparently I have NO support on the Kast wagon, although I still think how he's playing is potentially dangerous later on. Stevie's wagon is too large to hop to, as I said, I REALLY don't think we should end the day right now. In the meantime I will:
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #474 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

Starbuck wrote:
Unvote

I can give Stevie a day to prove himself.

ZeL1nk wrote:starbuck - emotional version of drew

Weak much, dontcha think? Stretching for that third suspect. At least, I was honest enough to say that I really didn't have a third.

So I've taken a look at the activity overview and Amrun is way out in the lead with 53 posts so far and the next one down is Nocmen with 32. I'm going to iso Amrun and re-read her because why (if town) would you need 53 posts to say what you need to say? Unless Amrun is really ZazieR and then that's the end of that.

Mod: Can we have a prods on Surye, GreyICE, Kast, and Celebloki?

As mentioned already, Amrun is contributing and posting consistently. That's not scummy at all. If the posts were meaningless, sure. But what's wrong with a higher post count?

Amrun wrote:

Nocmen, I said ace and drew were scummy because of my gut, BUT I definitely have looking at them on my "to-do" list for this game.

I look forward to that.

With a wagon forming on malth, I'm adding him to do the ISO, which I should hopefully get to tonight with the one on volkan.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #480 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Nocmen »

vollkan wrote:First off, to get my standard "How I Play" PSA out of the way: I rank my suspects from 0 (absolutely town) - 100 (absolutely scum). Everybody starts at 50. Because I don't believe in towntells and am skeptical about most scumtells, it is common for people to stay at 50. 50 does not mean "no opinion" - it means "I don't see scumtells" from this person. Absent claims, need for deadline compromises, etc. I will always vote the person with the highest score.

9: Null for GICE's miller claim
16:
CJ+5
CJ says "Really don't like this post. He's not *doing* anything." I fail to see how drew gets an FoS for not "doing anything" in one of the first posts. RVS gives a lot of leeway for weak arguments, but pulling out IIoA on the first page is just ridiculous.
21:
Ace+5
for similar reasons. Drawing distinctions between the levels of activity of the, like, four people who posted early p 1. See SpyreX's 36 for a more comprehensive takedown of this.
43: The Amrun v Starbuck thing is stupid.
53: @Amrun: can you clarify what is non-committal about Pom's post? (I assume you mean #41)
59: Kast v CJ (in 67) is null for both. Kast is right that the cult speculation isn't inherently scummy, but CJ is hardly in the wrong for pushing it as an early-game argument.
74: Okay...
Stevie+7
. 3 reasons: First is him spinning Amrun's cult meta reference post into some sort of conspiracy to derail the game. Amrun's actions are null based on his explanation; ill-thought-out perhaps, but painting it as scummy requires reaching for a motive. Second is his attack on Amrun for not contributing enough - same reasons as for the previous two, it's an easy and lazy attack to make D1, and in this case it also serves as padding. Finally, his stance on Kast's wagon - neutrality is fine (in the sense of "I don't think Kast is scummy, but I also don't think those attacking him are either") but Kast's is subtly, and significantly, different from this - he never gives any direct reasoning for his own stance on Kast, but also says he doesn't "think the wagon is completely unfounded" (double negative = passive), and then says "I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand". In other words, he's avoiding giving any substantial explanation of why he doesn't (as he claims) suspect Kast, but also offers tacit support to the wagon, with the too-townie proviso that he doesn't want it to get out of hand.
86: What "scummy vibes" from Pom?

Vote: Stevie

Note he does a few reasons for +5, but seems to add the +7 randomly. Was this just arbitrary to get a vote on Stevie? I don't see why it would only be +2 more than others, where you list a lot more reasons for him than Ace/CJ. This happens with the next few posts, he calls Stevie out more, but doesn't change the score on it.

What his posts do reflect on me is a better case on Lobster, for calling out Amrun's posts, yet Lobster isn't calling her scummy.

He adds a few more points to Amrun, and this is where I become suspicious, because at this point Amrun should be at 60, and Stevie at 57, with the vote staying on Stevie. I'm not sure if this is just an error (because of the low point assignment from earlier), but I would like to see an updated point listing from volk.

But, I don't agree with this, except in very rare cases:
vollkan wrote: There's nothing non-committal about saying you support one wagon, whilst also believing that another player is more suspicious.

Result: Leaning Town contingent on correct adjusted score listing.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #484 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Malth:

Also votes for Grey like I did following the mason claim.

Calls out Stevie for stalling.

However, the main piece of suspicion (besides the lack of posts) is the fact that he calls Stevie "probably a mislynch", but wouldnt care if he got lynched. Not liking that.

I want to hear a lot more regarding his opinions on others this game.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #505 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Okay, I hate to piss on everyone's party, because I love this alliance, but I'm smelling town off LC. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen scum LC before, called him midway through day 1 in SHR and this just ain't it.

My number one problem with LC was that his vote was sitting orphened on Malthusis (who had given me no reason to think he was town so it wasn't a terribad vote) until Mathusis started to build noise then he moved it over to Amrun. However, if we assume Malthusis is town, there's no scum motivation behind that move, and suddenly LC gets a whole lot less scummy for me. Besides which I think the reasoning in ISO #4,5, and 16 feels somewhat town.

I'd rather see a wagon on Amrun, or failing that do another reread with new info.

And why do you think Malth is town?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #510 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Candle Jack wrote:
Nocmen wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Okay, I hate to piss on everyone's party, because I love this alliance, but I'm smelling town off LC. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen scum LC before, called him midway through day 1 in SHR and this just ain't it.

My number one problem with LC was that his vote was sitting orphened on Malthusis (who had given me no reason to think he was town so it wasn't a terribad vote) until Mathusis started to build noise then he moved it over to Amrun. However, if we assume Malthusis is town, there's no scum motivation behind that move, and suddenly LC gets a whole lot less scummy for me. Besides which I think the reasoning in ISO #4,5, and 16 feels somewhat town.

I'd rather see a wagon on Amrun, or failing that do another reread with new info.

And why do you think Malth is town?

Wait, WHAT?!

Nocmen: What is your opinion on a malthusis lynch?

HoS: malthusis
, may shift to vote depending on response.

Null due to lurker so far. Willing to go either way based on his reads once he posts.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #511 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

And to explain the post before that: Grey makes a mention that if Malth is town, there's less scum motivation for LC. So if he says he's starting to lean town on LC, does that imply the reverse? That it's likely that Malth is town?

Yet now Grey votes him. Interesting.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #539 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Seriously, fuck this noise.

Vote: StevieT92

I GET IT KID. YOUR FAKECLAIM IS BOSS. GUESS WHAT? IT DON'T SAVE YOU

Stevie is a bad lynch now. From what I've seen, I have reason to believe his claim more than anything right now, as well as the fact that LC is even scummier. (Hint: 516).

Also, LC: Yes, your votes said one thing. But look back at the ISO I did of you, and explain why you voted them, then seemed to ignore the case on them by rarely mentioning them and pushing votes on others. Don't use just "Well I voted xxxx then yyyy then zzzz" like you did in 527.

Surye - One thing I dislike about the list of reads you have is the Amrun one. You mention a lot more issues with that than other people, yet she's one of your two town reads?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #598 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Celebloki wrote:I think Lobster took the pressure of the wagon well and I agree that she isn't coming off too Lobsertscum. I have never played a game with her but I have read through a few, namely super hero revolution. It's still pretty far from our deadline and I feel we can benefit on taking the Malth wagon further.

Unvote

Vote: Malthusis

Not really though, I feel there's a few points I want her to hit on before I consider unvoting.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #627 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Candle Jack wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:
Candle Jack wrote:LC, I have asked you about your level of knowledge of Evangelion. Respond or else.

- Tar

sorry must have missed that

i watched the anime (or most episodes) a long time ago. i remember rei, shinji and asuka were the main characters/eva users and worked for nerv the like, preventers of the attacks on neo-tokyo. i remember other angels coming down and attacking tokyo and they fought them. i remember it was really confusing, shinji has serious daddy issues, and the ending was weird monlogues then like a party or something. i remember i liked the major girl with the long dark hair who got drunk a bunch. kisuragi? rei was pretty unemotional, shinji whined all the time, and asuka was aggro. remember asuka was randomly in a bathtub in a destroyed house.

so i dont remember too much other than random details and the really main characters, and the begining plot.

I see. Followup question:

ace5993 wrote:Yeah lynching
a Rei claim
day 1 is dumb. I don't think you need to go into intense setup speculation to figure out that lynching a claim of the most popular character in the source material right at the start of the game is stupid. He shouldn't claim his ability right now if scum knowing the ability lessens it's effect.

LobsterCatapult, post 516 wrote:and i think him being so vehement on not lynching "
a rei
" d1 could be determental

Note the difference in the bolded parts of the above posts. Lobster: Is this difference intentional?

(Yes, this is going somewhere.)

And yes, that was the concern I had with 516.

As for Malth...well let's just see what LC and Ace say first.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #648 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I still, still don't like this "a rei" talk. To me it either sounds like someone with more knowledge of the setup right now, or someone who has something that would create possible issues with Stevie's claim. Unfortunately, one means scum, and the other means the same faction as stevie. If stevie is town, then outing that would out another role.

Why? It makes sense to have multiple Rei's from a flavor perspective, or at least an ability relating to that.

malthusis wrote:Took a quick look at Surye's post #533, reeks of scum.

You say GreyIce is "scummy is hell", generally are pleased with and agree with MULTIPLE players (Amrun, Nocmen, CJ and Stevie) thoughts/questions about GreyIce being scum, dislike her wide broadstroke claims of everyone, yet haven't even tried voting her once.

You say Stevie is scum, (and totally ravage his posts in your analysis) and you like CJ's point that Stevie is lying about his claim, but you're not voting Stevie.

The wagon's dissolution saves me from making the hard choice

This quote is good too, it's saving you from having to actually have to choose a side instead of being wishy-washy and part of the crowd.

The best part (and one of the major reasons I'm going to vote him) is that he contradicts himself in his own post!

From CJ's thoughts:
Like the doubt of rei as a safeclaim. Vote on ace is weird. Time for a bit of vote jumping!

From LC's thoughts:
Do not like suggesting Rei would be a safeclaim, or worse, a fakeclaim. At all.

As well you think 5 people in this town are reading scum right now, and you're voting me, the easiest and current crowd bandwagon.

???????? :neutral:

All you are doing are just following the crowd, picking out whatever quotes support yours, trying to break town trust between townies, instead of actually trying to find scum.

Unvote, Vote Surye

NO.
Unvote, Vote: Malthusis
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #679 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Nocmen »

Kast, why dropping drew down one category? There were no posts from him in between the two lists of rankings, I'm curious why you changed your mind on him.

Also, Semi VLA through monday. I'll be on daily, but only once/twice a day.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #726 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Nocmen »

This wagon, while I agree with it, exploded too damn fast. I need to look at these last few wagons, see if theres any patterns with people jumping on at the end
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #761 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Current lurking of who are we talking about here?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #763 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I agree with that opportunism. But I still keep my vote on him because 1. I feel there's enough pressure on Kast, as once Kast returns, I'm willing to jump on as well and 2. I want to keep my vote on malth because I'm really curious for his reads.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #787 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Nocmen »

Keep in mind there was a smaller 3-4 vote wagon push on Kast at the start of the game. I feel that would help speed it faster, a couple people pushing on him would definitely be willing to join again when the votes started forming the wagon.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #801 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Nocmen »

I believe Kast's claim.

Now let's lynch Malth.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #849 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I don't buy it. Airstrike? That doesn't seem right to me.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #854 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Also, if I remember correctly from the show (haven't watched it for a few years), don't the airstrikes usually LOLFAIL on the angels?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #861 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Nocmen »

ZeL1nK wrote:@Spyrex,

Given that you've said your mind was intruded and Kast has said his role indicates there's an angel faction, I don't see how a vig in this game even makes sense, unless it's one of the EVA pilots. And even then, it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense because I don't see any of the EVA pilots being a vig. Maybe Mari, but that still doesn't really fit. Although I'm probably gaming the flavour a bit too much here.

My gut doesn't like this post, but I can't see why I wouldn't like it. Though it does raise a question.

Kast: What part of your role, now that you claimed, indicates the angel faction?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #916 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Confirmation on Kast's claim, CJ?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #932 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Nocmen »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Antifinity wrote:The "Magi Complete System Check" followed by the "The game state may have changed, although you're not certain how" thing makes me suspect the Magi masons may no longer all be town.

Vote: Antifinity

Reaks of Insider Info.

No. I have reason to believe that as well. We know for certain that a Magi was targeted last night. We don't know what it exactly did.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #934 (isolation #53) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Nocmen »

The Kast->CJ was the target I was referring to. If Kast lied about his role and converted CJ the same faction, wouldn't you think CJ would lie about what the role PM did?

I'm saying, don't trust CJ for being a mason.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #955 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Nocmen »

I considered a Kast lynch, but I still don't know for certain. I don't know the odds of there being a second role targetting the Magi.

Would there be a second role that has interactions with the same role?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #977 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Stevie:

Was Spyrex or Bardiel mentioned in any way in previous PMs?

Maybe this is related to the PM that Spyrex got yesterday? That it infected him now? Did anyone else get a PM for this? Looking at the flavor, since all three Evas were sent after Bardiel, wouldn't all of the Eva pilots get that message?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #994 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Vote: Spyrex

I'm going with the cop claim for now, if that goes bad, well CJ/Kast just gave themselves up.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1007 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Candle Jack wrote:I don't like that Nocmen. You're trying to keep as many possible options open, then?

Do you think we should also lynch Stevie along with myself and Kast? You really think three (2 1/2?) competent people would line themselves up like this if they were scum?

No, I'm saying its 1 or 2. Either Spyrex, or You/Kast. Spyrex is playing scummy and WIFOM with a cop guilty on him. Or you took were converted overnight, and lied about your role/result to either go with Kast's fake claim, or target spyrex, if you were converted.

Still trying to figure out where Stevie fits into this.

With the Kozo claim, I'm not buying it, especially after Mistato was a safeclaim
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1010 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Candle Jack wrote:
CJ says I'm an angel.

Wrong. My result said you were aligned 'with angels', which didn't mean explicitly you were 'an angel'. Still, its nice to know that you have basically claimed to 'be' an angel, and what it looks like to me are attempting to let as many buddies as possible jump on this wagon.

~~~
Nocmen, well, you can start by explaining how you DO think the stevie claim fits in with this, if you are accusing all three of us of being scum.

I'm not saying all 3 of you are scum. I'm saying it's either you and Kast, or Spyrex. Not both.

Kast - what kind of stuff did the immunity say it would prevent, when you target a Magi? Do you think your ability would prevent a takeover?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1109 (isolation #59) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Yes. I'm the third Magi/Mason.

CJ is the other, as he stated before. I did not get targeted by anything last night, if Kast was shooting for another one of us.

And really CJ? How did I turn scum? When you're the one who went and now completely revealed be, in case the crumbs before weren't enough, and either faked a investigation yesterday, and said that I'm recruited?

LC: Why wouldn't the framer last into Day, when there is a Daycop? If there is a framer, it wouldn't surprise me to have it last a whole day cycle.

I'm not voting so fast right now, I think yesterday ended too quickly, Were there some people who didn't even post anything?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1128 (isolation #60) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

So wait...you just claimed to be part of a cult, and now you have a second false guilty trying to string lynches together?

Vote: Candle Jack
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1132 (isolation #61) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Nocmen »

It depends who they trust more. Me, or the person who already had one bad cop result, and who just claimed being in a cult.

Gehirn isn't mentioned in the first 2 Rebuild movies, AFAIK. I watched them both in the past week, but I was partially distracted for the second.

CJ, what was the source of the info where there is an angel recruit in the magi? Curious to see where this BS is coming from.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1135 (isolation #62) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Also building the case on CJ. He's been setting this up the whole time.

Things he's said in mason talk (paraphrases, obviously)
Flavor reasons will have an infection spread Melchior -> Balthasar -> Casper, which is in order CJ->Lamba->Me. Making me guess he would try to get Lamda to turn against me?
Also said many times that they didn't think the masons were actually infected, were just called neighbors to fuck with us. Now, putting that into perspective, and with:
Candle Jack wrote:After thinking it over... I'm going to partially out the remaining masons.

One of them is bloody obvious (seriously, he should have been known as soon as I claimed Magi), and the other is in the (shards of the) town alliance.

This is necessary because I suspect that the game event? that we just received word of (NOT the game event thing earlier today) is going to cascade to the other former Masons (we're Melchior, first Magi).

Which was all during D2, I'm getting mixed signals from CJ. Making me think that he was doing this all of yesterday.

CJ: When do you think I got recruited? When did you get the message claiming I was recruited?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1177 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Nocmen »

Vote: Candle Jack
. Quite obvious the reasoning now.

I've gotten Kast's daycop ability. So now, I'm letting the consensus decide on what needs to be targetted in order to help confirm myself to you.

CJ: Note that just because an angel "got to me" in your PM doesn't mean that I was converted, only targetted by something N2.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1178 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Nocmen »

Also:

Kast: From your ability, can you confirm that you used it on me, and answer if you think that the bulletproof prevents only that night, or will it save me from something like the nuke that may be coming towards me?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1190 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Kast's ability is not related to a cult or recruitment.

I'm not putting much value on the result of my cop either.

But I popped it already, in fear of CJ's nuke. I went with the person I was personally thinking most scummy, outside of cult influences, which was LC. I got a not angel result.

What that means is that:
1. CJ is claimed as a anti-town role, and now is faking day kills. He needs to be taken out.
2. I feel better against LC, I don't feel his plays did too much for a possible cult, I don't like his votes and reasoning previously, but only from a scum standpoint, not a role where he doesn't know partners/partners are recruited.
3. With an innocent on LC, I'm more suspicious of Amrun, because their early interactions seemed like one of them is scum, and I don't think it is LC.
4. I could just be completely screwed by a false result.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1227 (isolation #66) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

Grey, we already had an SK die? Are you saying there is another? Or by 2 scum and the SK, do you mean those who are dead so far?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1232 (isolation #67) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun wrote:I doubt you would be modkilled... Didn't the mod already say you could post the messages?

Why do you think he'd be able to post? Usually, anything from the mod is off limits in a direct quote. Unless you have a relation to the messages?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1248 (isolation #68) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Nocmen »

So wait...an angel infestor, and an angel that only is produced when one is dead, is that what you are saying, Iece? I'm just doubting that, unsure that both roles would exist together.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1251 (isolation #69) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Why are you so convinced about not using anything regarding flavor? Look at the malth flip, I know one of the reasons I was for his lynch was because his role didn't match his flavor.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1261 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Does your ability work multiple times? Because unless theres a super computer that I don't know of through the series, the other two are dead, with only me left.

I don't think Kast is a good lynch, Zel1nk. His ability is confirmed to me.

Looking into Ace though. Plus those that CJ stated suspicious of Day 1, but didn't as much after his conversion.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1265 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Candlejack was town day 1 you enormous walking lynch magnet.

That's exactly what I need to say. CJ was confirmed town Day 1, so there will be a shift in his own reads between D1 and D2. So, we can't use an ignorance of Ace D1 as a defense.

Looking through the Mason QT, however, he had an early suspicion of Celebloki, and Iece late Day 1. Earlier in the day, Amrun.

I'm thinking Grey and Kast, however much I disagree with their play, are town right now. I will not be voting for either of them today, unless overwhelming evidence convinces me otherwise.

People I'm greatly suspicious of:

Celebloki
Ace

Below that, Stevie. I'm not a fan at all of his vote on Ace right here, definitely seems as a bad reason and sheeping vote. However, I'm not voting him because I'm unsure of where Rei would fall, and I haven't seen a Rei counter claim to make me feel otherwise.

And about at the same level: Amrun. If my cop on LC is true, I feel her interaction with Amrun early on paints a bad light, as I have believed before. My gut says Amrun and LC are different factions. Because of this, I'm tempted to support the Amrun lynch, as I feel it would confirm or deny my result on LC.

Vote: Celebloki
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1316 (isolation #72) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Nocmen »

Interesting.

I'm curious for an explanation, but I also am fine with Amrun pressure

Vote: Amrun
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1324 (isolation #73) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Nocmen »

True.
Unvote
just to make sure nothing happens while waiting for explanation.

Starbuck has something to explain.

Starbuck, waht about GreyICE, as mentioned?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1356 (isolation #74) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Nocmen »

Yes, we did have Daytalk (and nighttalk). I think our consensus on that was if we did, as well as the several day roles, that the scum did also, though we don't know.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1359 (isolation #75) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Nocmen »

That's a huge point there GW.

Except that was the hammer.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1374 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I feel confident in LC. Unsure about the rest though.

Vote: Celebloki
, my next biggest suspect after Amrun.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1403 (isolation #77) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Nocmen »

Timeater wrote:I am Rei, as Stevie said. Probably already been investigated so theres that. After ISOing Stevie, I get the impression of a really good player (like...godtier) who knows his stuff. This is coming from the benefit of hindsight and fresh eyes. He called Amrun. He called Candle. The ridiculousness about questioning his experience was retarded.

GI wrote:Stevie claimed to be Judas who turns into scum after he's killed. May be scum already, play suggests this.

He never claimed Judas. Fucking misrep much? That is a blatant misrep/stupidly biased thing to say.

Vote: GreyIce

Scum caught.

Or he could have been scum. I'm just not certain on going after GreyIce right now, when theres people I definitely want to look into more.

Ghost: Why the Anti vote?

I'd like to see more votes on Cele. He's posted very little content this whole game, and his votes don't have much reasoning either.

I'd go with ace as my next target though.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1423 (isolation #78) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Nocmen »

And nothing night 5? Suggesting that the tracking was right that Amrun was sending the messages?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1437 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Hey! I know a way to mod confirm Antifinity's alignment!

Elaborate?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1440 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Nocmen »

Nice sheeping vote, ace.

you too anti.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1450 (isolation #81) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Nocmen »

Waiting for a vote count to be sure. I'm pretty sure the L-2 and L-3 given seemed a bit off, but I can't be sure.

If anti is at L-1, well he knows what to do now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1455 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Though wait a second.

Did Ace just panic that Anti would be lynched while LEAVING HIS VOTE ON ANTI?

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

I think it was more about trying to get a claim, or ensure that we do, before someone hammers? I would have likely said the same if i knew he was at L-1
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1462 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Antifinity wrote:Hey, I got wi-fi, lucky me.
StevieT92 wrote:Ok two things with my claim.

First: my role is that the first time I die, I will show up dead but no info will be revealed, and then the next morning I will be revived. This is a one-shot ability. The reason I was trying to drop so many breadcrumbs about this not being my ability was that I was trying to get NK'd. CJ wasn't really helping on that front :p.

Secondly, I recieved an unexpected pm from the mod last night indicating that it was Spyrex who got recruited last night.

Vote: Spyrex

This is what I meant about the "mod confirmed death" for those who got confused somehow.
Also, while looking for that quote, I found this one:
StevieT92 wrote:My ability does indeed have a nice flavorful name. As far as getting confirmed by the mod, he didn't..ur right. And the airstrike thing does not make sense at all to me as well. So you know what? let's lynch him anyways. we don't need to wagon more people today imho, lets rope someone up and get to tomorrow already.

TimeEater, you want to mention what the name of your ability is? I think it might clear things up about the exact nature of your ability.

I don't know where this wagon on me came from, but I'm kind of used to it at this point, so w/e. I'll claim at L1, so no hammer if you care to hear it.
Like I said earlier, I'm going to be voting very loose, since i don't want to hold up a lynch by not being online. I'm gonna go with
vote:Ace
for now, sheeping on... well a bunch of people... Anyway, do address any questions to me if you have them, I'm trying to keep internet use to a minimum.

So you have a wagon on you, and now you're holding off on a claim, asking for more info about abilities...

Unvote, Vote: Antifinity
, back to forcing the claim
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1486 (isolation #84) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Hammer. Would Mari's ability be directly town? We don't know about who's side she's on from the released rebuild so far.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1496 (isolation #85) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Nocmen »

Goddamnit Grey why'd you go and make this wagon fall apart.

Unvote, Vote: Ace
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1515 (isolation #86) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Unvote, Vote: Anti

Feel free to hammer. I'm on half V/LA (I'll still check the site daily, but not likely more then that) until Monday. Finals->21st birthday. Hopefully no drunk posting.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1531 (isolation #87) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Don't worry, ace is next Grey.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1547 (isolation #88) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Nocmen »

Vote: Ace
?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1548 (isolation #89) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Like did scum kill Lobster Catapault? Lemme check. No. He died protecting someone...

Wait, so why exactly do you say that? The flavor with the kill?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1567 (isolation #90) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I'm Casper. Mason turned neighbor.

Celebloki's turn
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1570 (isolation #91) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Nocmen »

What's different about a macho townie?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1572 (isolation #92) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Nocmen »

No, I feel when it was his turn to claim, that he should explain the role, not just give the role name.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1588 (isolation #93) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Honestly, if you think that is a successful crumb, please, can you attempt to find the clip (episode #/time in)?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1639 (isolation #94) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Vote: Zelink

In addition to what Grey said about his abilities, Kast was already targetting CJ with his ability at the time, which gave him a bulletproof overnight. Why the protect on top of that?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1641 (isolation #95) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I thought the bulletproof given to me/other Magis are for the night given only? But that was just my guess from the wording, nothing suggests it is either way from both the claim of Kast's and the PM I got with the cop (though keep in mind nothing about bulletproof is mentioned in the cop ability PM).
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1680 (isolation #96) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I played..weird. I felt I was very agressive Day 1, and I don't know if I was proud of my play, I was just trying to base it on the fact that I had been confirmed town at that point, but I was reluctant to blow our mason cover (though that happened early enough anyways). I was more paranoid of LLD instead of CJ during Day 2, and then pretty much I knew that CJ was scum by his actions towards me. Did I do a good job convincing town as so? No, I feel that I just got lucky. Though I'm not sure how I lived so long, I felt that once CJ was dead I was 90%+ confirmed, as I doubted there would be an ability that converts 2 people.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1681 (isolation #97) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Nocmen »

And, I was much more wanting to lynch Cele until Zelink's night actions were explained by Grey, and at that point, nothing added up.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1698 (isolation #98) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

CJ: Yea, KDub linked all of the QTs.

Kast: As far as I remember, the goal was not to get all 3 of us magi's on the bloc, with me trying to shy a bit away from it, so I'll leave that question to CJ, he(they) was the ringleader of the bloc.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”