MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:17 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: CoolBot

Just think of me as the mafiascum welcome wagon, 'Bot.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:31 pm

Post by MeMe »

Yeah, CoolBot...I might have to switch to flowers and gift certificates as no one seems to appreciate my method of welcome.

Oh - wait - I think I did that wrong...

Yea. Mayhap I needs change my greeting ritual to include blossoms from yonder field and gratis tune-ups at thine local Meineke. 'Twould be a gesture received with open arms. I find serving newcomers as yourself, kind fellow, with token votes to be sorely lacking in creating the desired feeling of belonging in the recipient. I curse the day I thought of it. Many pardons.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:49 am

Post by MeMe »

Quailman, my thought processes mirrored yours and I have even gone so far as to tentatively clear Bobacino of being part of the Cardinal's gang, as he voted for their dead target (either very innocent or very clever). Jeep and Night Stalker jumped to follow Leonidas' reasoning, which I find to be hurried, but not necessarily suspicious. Dragon Slayer, however...
Dragon Slayer wrote:Alright, so right now most people are suspicious of Bobacino. I'm not going to vote for him
yet
, only because I think it
could
have been the stupidest mistake someone can make. Still, one might think this calls for a vote. Well I don't. However I will drop a big
FOS on Bobacino
for that.

A vote could come soon.
Most people
? Three = most in an 18-player game? And this comes after Bobacino posted and changed his vote! Seems like DS wants to join the bandwagon, but is taking his time. Perhaps so when an innocent is lynched he can say "well, if you recall, I didn't think it demanded a vote -- just a big FOS with a vote which could 'come soon' -- the mob carried me along."

unvote: CoolBot
vote: Dragon Slayer
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

OK - it takes 10 votes to stake-burn someone and, by my count, DS has 8 (MeMe, Bobacino, CoolBot, Green Crayons, Polotet, Corsato, jeep, Gaspode).
Dragon Slayer wrote:Ca`mon people, let's not have to make another person reveal their role (not that I plan on revealing it anytime soon).
What did you mean by "another person reveal their role" -- my apologies if there was a claim buried in some prose & I missed it...could someone clue me in, if so?
Dragon Slayer wrote:Oh, and no, JEEP I'm not freaked out at having to claim a role. Why? Because I don't have to lie. The reason I said I wasn't going to reveal my role soon is because I thought I'd get beat over the head if I had said "And now I'm going to have to claim a role." Then you probably would have said something like, "Vote DS because he thinks he has to claim a role when he only has 3, or 4 votes" (not, I"m not counting, I'm not good with that stuff [just ask leonidas :P ]).
OK, so far you've said a whole lot of nothing. You're much further along than just 3 or 4 votes. No one's going to say you're being hasty by telling us why we shouldn't be voting for you. Give me a reason to unvote -- otherwise, flame on.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:42 pm

Post by MeMe »

OK...it's possible that I would have believed the first post, DS. But, you didn't
stop
there! I'd rather a pro-town role be as vague as possible; just a name would have been fine; we'll let you know if you need to give us more to save your neck.

By tacking on the "oh I forgot" post, you went over-the-top (in my opinion) and handed out information that, if true, would make you an easier target for the rest of the game. It looks like an attempt to beef-up your claim...and I'm not buying it.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:29 am

Post by MeMe »

jeep wrote:Minor characters should reveal details. They should NOT be vague.
OK - my rule-of-thumb opinion for role claims is "
only say what you have to
." But, DS's first post
wasn't
all that vague, and should have been enough information for even those who demand detail: "I'm the duke...I'm searching for the queen." The part where he told us where they'll be hiding once he finds her was what I found to be going too far. In his position, I'd want to say *just enough* -- not hand myself & another pro-town role over to the Cardinal's gang by telling them "I'll be at my house every night until I find her...then we'll be in just one of two places from there on out."
Bobacino wrote:DS came out with two posts when he was backed into a corner. That would be typical of anyone under duress.
This could be true; I'll be willing to have a cop check him out, provided a decent candidate for the bonfire presents him/herself today. But everything he did
before
his role claim looked hinky...and I'll stick with him as my best guess for now.

Another question...if this is a real role, why would you want to find the queen, exactly? Wouldn't it be safer to keep checking the one person you know isn't her? That way if one of you dies, you
both
aren't sacrificed? Or is there something else to your role...something that would have shown up in a THIRD post? :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Yeah, I understand that if you find her and one of you is killed at night, it's a two-fer. Seems a better idea to let her alone...still wondering why you don't know who your own lover is, though.

And I'm the only one "on your back" about your role claim. You seem to have been convincing enough for the others who have posted since...what are you worried about?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:02 pm

Post by MeMe »

Dragon Slayer wrote:That's not what I said. I said that if I had revealed part of my role and you found out about it later, than you'd all be on my bcak. Not that you were on my back now.
Hmmm...guess I was confused by "guess I was wrong" portion of this:
Dragon Slayer wrote:I figured if I gave my complete role at once, you wouldn't get on my back on it later. Well, I guess I was wrong.
I figured you were talking about people being on your back, since that's the sentence immediately preceeding...but apparently you were referring to something totally unrelated. Right?

Whatever, though. The more you talk, the happier I am with my vote.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:25 pm

Post by MeMe »

Jeep, I've clearly laid out why I find Dragon Slayer to be the most suspicious player right now, and I'm certainly not going to unvote him just because everyone else does. What was
your
take on his latest post...the "That's not what I said" one? Is it your opinion that I'm misunderstanding his earlier words? Do you think I'm just a big bully?
jeep wrote:I think meme is pushing for a lynch of a person that he might not be able to kill in the future...
You're right. Since the only way I have a hand in killing anyone is through the daily stake burning, it's possible I won't have a chance to get him later.

And it doesn't really bother me too much, but for those who like to be "in the know" -- I'm female.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:13 pm

Post by MeMe »

I don't believe him because:

1) He behaved suspiciously
before
he claimed his role...paraphrased examples are "I don't think Boba deserves a vote, but I'll FOS him, maybe vote him later," "I wouldn't have come out this soon if I were mafia," "Let's not make
someone else
reveal their role..."
2) I think he said so much when he did claim his role that, gut here, it looked like embellishment rather than revelation
3) The role doesn't sound DP-created to me. The "first you do this, and then you have to do this..." aspect of the claim just doesn't ring true. Again, that's gut, not experience, talking. People that have played more than one other DP game are welcome to tell me if I'm off the mark, here.
4) Even after successfully disbanding most of the bandwagon against him, he said
Dragon Slayer wrote:Sigh, I haven't seemed to be playing this game well (sorry)
Huh? you deserve applause!

I'm still curious how I got his "That's not what I said" post wrong, jeep. Why don't you tell me how it can be honestly interpreted otherwise?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by MeMe »

jeep wrote:Have you read Haiti mafia?? I think you are off the mark here.
made me laugh. Guess who
won
Haiti mafia.
jeep wrote:As a sidenote, I'm simply answering your questions and attacking you, meme. I have no intention of defending DS other than to say that I believe the role claim and you seem to be pushing on the town to not believe it for trivial or non-existant reasons.
You'll notice that I'm
not
attacking you for thoroughly explaining yourself, jeep. I'll thank you to do the same for me, as my reasons are neither trivial nor non-existent, but well-explained in each of my posts. Disagreeing with me is fine, but attacking me because you disagree isn't helping.

And, your answer answer about the interpretation is just plain lazy, as I've already covered it. To remind you, he said
Dragon Slayer wrote:I figured if I gave my complete role at once, you wouldn't get on my back on it later. Well, I guess I was wrong.
Then I said
MeMe wrote:And I'm the only one "on your back" about your role claim. You seem to have been convincing enough for the others who have posted since...
And he replied with
Dragon Slayer wrote:That's not what I said. I said that if I had revealed part of my role and you found out about it later, than you'd all be on my bcak. Not that you were on my back now.
Are you missing the contradiction there? Do you not see where he said "you're on my back" then "I didn't say you were on my back"? Can we please stop talking about it now? I'm sick of the subject, but will continue to explain myself if you need me to.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #72 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:56 pm

Post by MeMe »

jeep wrote:I think you know exactly what you are doing and are intentionally trying to get a person you believe as innocent lynched...
For the record (call it "noise" if you insist)...I believe him to be guilty, not innocent.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:49 am

Post by MeMe »

Remember, everyone, we agreed to be
active
in this game...

~stares meaningfully at SaberKitty who promised to post later "this afternoon" on March 10~

Also, can we get a vote count?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #85 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:36 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, what are the possible outcomes of this plan?

1) DS is a lone scum (e.g. Serial Killer) and no one backs up his claim, so we lynch him. Hurrah!
2) DS is the Duke, the queen comes forward and they attempt to dodge night kills. Hurrah? Boo? Depends on how long they're successful at dodging.
4) DS is the Duke, but the queen remains incognito to save herself, so we lynch DS. Boo!
3) DS is in the Cardinals gang and another member of the gang comes forward and claims to be the queen -- we give them both a free pass. Boo!

Anything I missed?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #87 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:12 am

Post by MeMe »

:oops: Just realized I reversed the numbers 3 & 4 in my list. I'm assuming you refer to the third in the list, DS, not the one numbered (4). Any confusion is my fault. Sorry.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #93 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:22 pm

Post by MeMe »

Defending my right to stick with my vote isn't "attacking," CB. Be careful with your blanket statements, please. And there is the possibility that the "real Duke" hasn't denounced DS because they're a non-poster. And, I also wouldn't say that we know anything "solid" about a player, ever, just because they've claimed a role. Until the card is flipped, it is all just words.
Sudden tonal shift (I allowed to do that anytime I want...I call!):

Since Bobacino's the only other player who's spoken up in defense of my posts, I
really
hate to agree that he looks suspicious. But...well...he's said a few suspicious things (as pointed out by Night Stalker and others). Since CB has declared lynching role-claimers a dumb thing to do :wink: and I was unaware of this policy...I'll go with the #2 most suspicious.

unvote: Dragon Slayer
vote: Bobacino
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #104 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:25 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well.

unvote: Bobacino

Reserving the right to change my mind in the event of a counter-claim, of course...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #114 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:01 pm

Post by MeMe »

Moving on to...a non-poster. Quercitron (one post 3/10) and SaberKitty (one post 3/10) both qualify, but I choose SK because I really hate it when people say "I'll post more later" and then don't.

vote: SaberKitty

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”