Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

and now i have the old Flash Gordon theme song stuck in my head..
Flash! ah AHHHHHHHhh

yeh, thanks for that:

Vote: Flash
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

fwiw, i think MOI is legit...

So it looks to me that Bella/Chess/Peta is a good start for the day then...

Unvote

I like Chess' #26...

Don't like how Bella jumped on the quick growing MOI wagon that was building up right off the bat...

Peta could go either way for me...

Vote: Bella
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 101, Flash wrote:Why the ellipses?

i wouldn't read anything into them...call me 12 or whatever, that's just how i type...a single period just seems too nekkid to me...

In post 102, AGar wrote:

Also really not big on the 1-of-3 deal with MoI, feels way too gambity on my part considering all 3 are players he'd openly prefer to policy lynch on an account of simply not liking them.

i didn't see where MOI mentioned that he would prefer a policy lynch on all 3 or that he doesn't like all 3? Unless it's common knowledge that i'm not aware of?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

sorry all..getting caught up right now....
i'll be posting my thoughts before i run off on my V/LA for the weekend...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

i apologize everyone...
i've had some work emergencies ...
should be good going forward...
i'll try to be caught up by late tonight, or tomorrow at the LATEST.
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:21 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

ok, yeah…I have been reading along bits and pieces as I could but finally had some time to sit and read and ponder….
so let us begin:

starting with MOI and his list of 3 since he made a big splash early on, then i'll move onto the larger wagons and whatnot...

MOI -
to me for the most part reads town. I believe his "1 of these is not like the other" claim. Agar pressed hard on him saying it’s a mass policy agenda, stating that MOI called all 3 of them out as hateables in his initial "Vote Post" but all i saw was the shot to Bella. I don't see this as a hate agenda..and i think MOI did right...
@ MOI , I did have just a quick question for you though…have you done any reading up on Abarat recently?

Bella -
Bella jumped on the MOI wagon as soon as it sparked after he stated his 1 of 3 intel, which looks suspicios. Her excuse was that she didn't read that part of his post and that she'd prob vote him anyway. When pressed for any reads she went with an easy Agar target for scum and ML for prob town. Then in 421 she retracts her scumread on Agar. Well she says it wasn't really a scumread, just a "much less than certain town" read. huh?
I also did not like this:
Bella wrote:What can you tell me of "Tidal Jim"?

not really sure what she's trying to do here, as this question came out of nowhere…I don't have much flavor knowledge of the game, but even I can look up the links with characters and whatnot....to me it looks like she could be setting up for a fake-claim…in fact i'm pretty curious as to how this will turn out.

Chesskid -
well other than his post to MOI which I liked, not really a whole lot to go on..he hasn't really posted much. When he realized his vote on UT wasn't going anywhere he sent it back over Shinori (which happened to be the largest wagon at the time)

Peta -
is kind of all over the place for me and hard to read.
@Peta , what was your "I get it now" moment about Agar that made you vote for him?

Agar -
Honestly I did not like his posting out of the gate… I also thought he took Llama's question to the 2in1 out of context and was annoyed that he couldn't see that no matter how much anyone tried to explain it to him. However, after re-reading, I can also see what Agar was trying to say. Most of his posting is arguing back and forth with MOI but he seems like angry town for me.

OnceAndForever -
his claim seems beliveable, if he really is miller, then coming forward now is probably the best move town-wise for him. He jumped on MOI's 1 of 3 and has tunnelled Peta for most of the game…as far as that goes, I agree that the 3 are a good start, but we should be looking into others as well...

more coming as I type it up....
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:24 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

EBWOP: in the Agar paragraph above that should read
"ML's question"
instead of "Llama's question"
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

sorry for the sitewide neglect,people…
I've had a few things needing taken care of…

lot of catchup to do…but after reading a bit:

@MOI , this was actually a relevant question…was wondering if you would answer it, please:
Sword_of_omens wrote:@ MOI , I did have just a quick question for you though…have you done any reading up on Abarat recently?

[quote=""Bella""][quote=""sword_of_omens""][quote=""Bella""]What can you tell me of ""Tidal Jim""?[/quote]
not really sure what she's trying to do here, as this question came out of nowhere…I don't have much flavor knowledge of the game, but even I can look up the links with characters and whatnot....to me it looks like she could be setting up for a fake-claim…in fact i'm pretty curious as to how this will turn out[/quote]
Also, you were oblivious to the purpose of the question, but you're very helpful anyway. Thanks![/quote]
So what exactly WAS the purpose of that question?

Shinori :
based on what I've read, and considering how the day started should be listed as town.

4nxi3ty
I have listed as town..i did like his 636…

Flash:
Can go either way for me…didn't like how he stated in 291 that he was "more than cconfident" about Moi's claim being fake, but doesn't list MoI as scum? And he hasn't elaborated on the why he thinks its fake either.

looking at the wagons:
Chesskid/MattP
- i didn't see anything overly scummy with Chesskid...However, MattP replaces in and states that he liked all of Peta's reads, but made no mention of Bella (being 1 of the 3) instead he states MoI must be a hateful killer (which pretty much states that he doesn't believe MoI's claim). And then as soon as Regfan calls him out on the 1 of 3 he states, "oh, yeah" and slaps a vote on Bella (contradicting himself)...

UT/Tierce
UT was pretty non-existant…Tierce is playing catchup…nothing has really stood out to me with them…

at this point, based on MattP's play, I'm willing to vote him

Vote: MattP
(moves him to L-2, i believe)
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

On my phone....
Unvote

I don't mind keeping the day going...

@Reg ,
The people I were "recapping" on were people who stood out to me today (Shinori)...and some i didn't get to yesterday..
Along with the 2 main wagons...
MattP's vote was bad, considering he just pretty much said he didnt believe MOI then voted based on MOI's info
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

[quote=""MoI""][quote=""Sword_of_omens""]@ MOI , I did have just a quick question for you though…have you done any reading up on Abarat recently?[/quote]
Define ‘reading up’. I went to the site listed by Hito in the first post to confirm whether or not my character had a picture and read the blurb there about my character.
Have I read the series? Nope. Have I read the previous game in any detail other than looking at Faraday’s trolling? Nope.[/quote]
I was curious because you mentioned that you didn't have any flavor knowledge, yet in 173 you show that you actually do:
[quote=""MoI""]Again the fact that there are reasons aside from people claiming IN THREAD for someone to want to know the flavor names most likely to be scum (
for example ... Chris Carrion
) seems to escape you.[/quote]

curious as to how you would know who Chris Carrion is if you didn't read up on it? Unless you are saying that 's your character? I looked him up on that site, and all it says is aka Lord of Midnight and grandson of Mater Motley…it also has him listed as "Christopher Carrion" , not Chris... so i'm wondering if in the booksd he is called Chris? If so, that would also lend weight to the idea that you do have flavor knowledge. Then after another search found out that he is the main bad guy of the story. So i questioned as to why you would come up with that if you had no previous flavor knowledge?

MoI wrote:Why is your focus on who is scum based solely on the current top wagons Sword?

I was catching up and had limitted time to post…why would I not comment on the current wagons? I also commented on Shinori and a few others…it wasn't "solely" on the top wagons as you put it.

MoI wrote:Why did you claim your vote on him was an L-2 vote when it put him at L-1?

I miscounted…there was a few pages in between the last VC and I thought he would be at L-2. When I came back on my phone I read Regfan's post and saw that he was at L-1, and that he had claimed, so I unvoted. My other questions that I put out weren't answered, Reg had some decent concerns, so i didn't see any reason why we had to end the day early.
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:15 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

[quote=""MoI""][quote=""sword_of_omens""]curious as to how you would know who Chris Carrion is if you didn't read up on it? Unless you are saying that 's your character? I looked him up on that site, and all it says is aka Lord of Midnight and grandson of Mater Motley…it also has him listed as ""Christopher Carrion"" , not Chris... so i'm wondering if in the booksd he is called Chris? If so, that would also lend weight to the idea that you do have flavor knowledge. Then after another search found out that he is the main bad guy of the story. So i questioned as to why you would come up with that if you had no previous flavor knowledge?[/quote]
So Sword what is the end result of this? Are you suggesting I didn’t see anything else of note while navigating the information page? That I’m lying about not having flavor knowledge?[/quote]
Actually, MoI , yes…I am saying that…considering you stated that all you did was check to see if your character had a pic and read the quick blurb about him…Christopher Carrion isn't near the top of the list...and i don't see how with a quick scan of scrolling down pages, anything would even make him stand out. Looking at the few sentences next to his name, it doesn't even give much info...i had to look elsewhere to find out who he was...and again, you also called him "Chris" , not "Christopher" as he is listed. Makes me think you already know who he is...
So please, clarify for me then….Are you saying then that you DID do a cursory glance at the list and that's how you came to the conclusion that Christopher Carrion would be considered scum? Cause i'm not buying it.

Vote: MagnaofIllusion
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Shmugen ,
Thats why I asked MoI AFTER the fact...
He says he didnt...ISO and look at the timelines...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 822, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Sword wrote:Actually, MoI , yes…I am saying that…considering you stated that all you did was check to see if your character had a pic and read the quick blurb about him…Christopher Carrion isn't near the top of the list...and i don't see how with a quick scan of scrolling down pages, anything would even make him stand out. Looking at the few sentences next to his name, it doesn't even give much info...i had to look elsewhere to find out who he was...and again, you also called him "Chris" , not "Christopher" as he is listed. Makes me think you already know who he is...
So please, clarify for me then….Are you saying then that you DID do a cursory glance at the list and that's how you came to the conclusion that Christopher Carrion would be considered scum? Cause i'm not buying it.

This makes me chuckle.

1. Did you look at the list? Because it is arranged alphabetically so your “did you scan the list” really makes no sense given you don’t know my character.
2. I’d like you to decide for yourself which way you are arguing – am I hiding knowledge of Arabat or do I have little? Because your point about me calling him Chris actually demonstrates the latter.
3. You still aren’t giving any scum motivation for me to fake not having knowledge. Still waiting.
4. Here is the word for word from the List on Christopher Carrion – “aka Lord of Midnight, grandson of Mater Motley, lives on Gorgossium “. Is it your conjecture you couldn’t possibly have determined he’s likely Night scum when he’s the Lord of Midnight?

1. Yes I looked at the list..and i know that's it's arranged alphabetically…I don't see any other characters around Christopher's name that look like they would be Day aligned. You would more than likely have to scroll to find his name.
2. I don't think you are hiding knowledge of Abarat…I think you slipped when you said "Chris Carrion".
3. Scum motivation about faking flavor knowledge…I believe you about not having flavor knowledge, other than what was in your role pm and I'm guessing that "Chris Carrion" was in your role pm…seriously look at the list…nothing makes his name stand out, in fact most of the blurbs on the character sheet doesn't really even tell you much at all...and even if it did, seeing as you claim that you got it from that list why would you say "Chris" and not "Christopher?" ...i think you are trying to downplay this and I think you could be him.
4. for one with no flavor knowledge, I wouldn't have been so certain about it as you. Like I said, I had to look him up elsewhere after reading what you wrote.
In post 781, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Define ‘reading up’. I went to the site listed by Hito in the first post to confirm whether or not my character had a picture and read the blurb there about my character.

Have I read the series? Nope. Have I read the previous game in any detail other than looking at Faraday’s trolling? Nope

@ Mod ….i will be V/LA for the weekend and back on Monday
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

responding to prod...
had a work emergency on monday and had to drive out of town.
i'm back now...gonna catch up and post shortly.
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:59 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

ok, looks like Tierce has been hammered..do I'll try and post my catchup quickly…

Hindu, not sure I understand the exchange here…first you say that Numa Has to come out and claim, and then on the next page you say that it's a stupid idea?

In post 942, Hinduragi wrote:Cool. She's confirmable. Here's how this works.

We can take route 1 or route 2. I'm not up for route 2 at all and you'll see why.

Route 1:
Numa Child can claim and save Tierce if his role PM mentions she's confirmed town to him.
If he doesn't, she's lynched.

Route 2:
We can wait for the time when Numa Child comes out via claim. If he's NK'd AND is town, we have no way of knowing if his role PM said she was town or not.
If this is a fakeclaim, we're pretty much fucked because that's a free scum fakeclaim that we let last until nearly LyLo and they have really good chances of winning the game. Revisiting the lynch will also be harder.
This one has all kinds of bad.

tl;dr Numa Child, get your ass out here or Elathuria dies.

In post 972, Hinduragi wrote:That's very dumb. I could go and announce that for every rolename I know of in the books.

Hey guys, if you're Mater Motley, please claim. I need to know ASAP so we know if it's a scum role. The hell is this shit. I wish I had saved my vote for the hammer.

@Hindu and Flash

In post 947, Flash wrote:
In post 946, MattP wrote:
In post 945, Hinduragi wrote:Because the 1of3 is definitely valid.

Why do you think he's faking it?

He is, don't worry about reasons.

so you think MoI is still lying about his 1 of 3 but you don't think he is scum?

As far as the Shinori implosion…to me it looks like he's trying to save Tierce from a lynch.... He starts out with a vote on her, then immediately unvotes
and then it looks like he threw a late vote on her for not much of a reason…got caught under fire for his horrible fake-bomb soft-claim which drew fire over to him, but rather than wait until he gets a bunch of votes on him, he self-destructs when another vote was added to the Tierce wagon…
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:15 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

back from V/LA...
gonna catch up and post today...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

alrighty…

finally had some time today…work has been nuts this whole last month it seems, but it looks like I might have an easy rest of week, so I should be good…
I also agree with the cenus that MOI and his 1 of 3 qould be our best option for the day. I would like to see MOI be the hammer though.
whether town or scum, I could see MOI not lying about the 1 of 3. As scum he would get town cred for coming out when he did if one of them flips scum later on in the game. However, I do not see how MOI would lie about this as town. Especially when he specifically said more than once that it wasn't a gambit. If he is lying about it, then he is scum. Like i said, i still think he slipped with the whole "Chris" thing, but whatev...Either way, we can't really do anything with it til he does come back and clarify, and knowing him, i would bet all my money on him saying that it is wasn't a gambit.
going down the list:

4nxi3ty
-
last night I went out to a jazz club to relax and they had a guy there who was Scattin', which was pretty cool..it was nice to wind down for once…anyhoo, i have you as a pretty decent town read and I think you might be on to something with Quilford. I did notice he was 1 of your 2 picks yesterday… however, he did push hard for Staeg and Shinori both, so unless he was bussing hardcore, he would have to be Commexo which would make sense...

Agar
-
Again, pretty damn near certain he's town…as I said, although I didn't like how he started out, he's made some pretty decent points..

Bella
-
there's a few things I didn't like about Bella…her "Tidal Jim" crumb was pretty bad.. We know Scum have full fakeclaims and looking at the way she did it (as blatantly as she did) it looked as if she was setting up a fake-claim, throwing out the Tidal Jim reference when she did (for no good reason) to try and lend credibility to herself. Her claim is pretty vague too...and she hints at lovers with Tidal Jim...not sure if she's trying to play into the fear that she dies, then we lose another townie with her.

Flash
-
i still don't see how he can see MOI as town if he believes MOI is lying…Day 3 and MOI (as town) is still behind his fake 1 of 3 does not make any sense at all…if MOI is lying about it and still pushing it, he is NOT town. Other than that, Flash hasn't done much to sway me one way or the other..he's null for me.

Hindu
-
don't see how you can see MOI as town if he is lying either…and other than then your weird "Numa get in here and claim NOW" followed right up with "Numa claiming is a stupid idea" which was a bit odd, I'm putting you into the town side of this carnival.

Gamma
-
I had ML as town originally, and gamma seems town as well…although I would like to ask Gamma what his thoughts are when it comes to Minimum?

MagnaofIllusion
-
I still think he slipped with the whole "Chris" thing… also his 1 of 3 more than likely is a scum gambit, he picked 2 names and then threw in his scum partner in the mix as number 3. If MOI died before his scum partner and flipped scum , we'd be stuck on the WIFOM of it all, however, if MOI lives and later down the line his partner flipped it would net him town cred for "coming out" when he did. It was just his bad fortune that he picked Peta as one of them, considering Peta seems to be the Guardian Angel. I really think MOI is scum... what would make it hilarious is if Bella is his scum partner and they have been playing hard at the back and forth hate in the thread.

MattP
-
had him as scum for his initial play on contradicting himself about MOI and the 1 of 3, howver, he did explain (as I had missed it originally). He's more or less null for me now…doesn't look to have said much since after his claim of basic VT and then being sent to the island to lose his powers (if any).

Minimum
-
Mina is mostly null right now…she's fairly hard to read for me as she was pretty decent scum when I played with her in FF6. She definitely one I want to pay close attention too...

Petapan
-
Well Peta's been all over the place, however, his claim seems to be pretty solid as no one is coming forward to counter him, I'll put him in the town...

Quilford -
I will say that Quil is prob not scum and most likely Commexo (as I mentioned above) He's also been noticeably quieter since most of the competition has been whacked. He also might have been worried when he pointed out in his #780 that he thought Agar was looking too much into Commexo,

RedCoyote
-
town read on RC, he's had some pretty solid posts and some decent reads…

Seraphim
-
nothing too telling for me either way on him..his posts were pretty decent earlier on in the game…if I had to make a choice right this second, I would have to say town…

Shmugen
-
- I have listed as townish, although this post at the beginning of the day originally gave me pause:
Shmugen wrote:I did not redirect. I have another ability I didn't mention yesterday where I can make myself immune to the first kill attempt on me at night. With a scum roleblocker down and no evidence of a town vigilante, the only way I'm getting nightkilled is if Night and Commexo work together on me. As Peta did not jailkeep and there's only one role that can stop someone else from dying at night, it seems logical that I am the reason there was only one death last night.

I originally read it as claiming to have a passive ability that allowed a one-time BP, which made no sense as to why that was his reason for not redirecting… although he clarified that that wasn't the case and it's actually an active ability. BP just seems to be overpowered for town...also going to keep an eye on Shmu..
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Mod: i will be V/LA for the weekend as per my usual..
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Minimum
Minimum wrote:
Also, s_o_o, 1) I asked you a question about your RC read, 2) why have you been paying a lot more attention to your other games than this one? 3) Why are you playing completely differently from how you were in FF6 Mafia and Chrono Trigger? (CES told me you were mislynch bait there, but I ISO'd you, and you seemed a lot more passionate in that game.)

1. RC made some decent points in his #268. I especially liked the fact that he stated that just because a mod doesn't like a role doesn't mean that they won't put it in the game…this was coming off the argument on OAFE and his miller claim when . I actually agreed with a a lot of RC's points, which admittedly, sways me think he is town. i also like his Shin/Tierce interaction...if he was scum, i'd think he'd bus Shinori to try and build votes up against him before the implosion....instead he went after Tierce...
2. Really? Pretty sure I have been giving all of my games the same amount of attention. Yup…sure have. Seeing as my work has had me going pretty crazy this last month with the customer probs that I would have to go drive/fly out and fix…I'll admit, I have had less time than i normally would...
3. I would love to hear your explanation of "completely different". Of course I was more passionate in Chrono Cross…I replaced into a slot under heavy fire and was attacked as soon as I made my first post. I fought tooth and nail for the short time that i was there (i was mis-lynched the same day). After i had calmed Fate down, i'm pretty sure it was CES who replaced in and immediately took up the crusade against me. So yeh..i was more passionate there. And look at FF6...it's the same way...i was more passionate when i drew fire (mainly from Time Eater who was always trying to mis-lynch me)... and when i caught you in your scum slip.

MOI , would you be willing to hammer Bella?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:29 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

fwiw, I believe Agar's claim as i have had a pretty decent town read on him..

@Agar , would you be willing to let Tammy hammer Quil?
The reason i ask is that my top scum/Commexo picks fall under Bella, MOI, and Quil...and i'd prefer to lynch one of them in that group...

MattP was null for me, and although Tammy's interaction with Minimum seems a bit odd, i don't have a strong scum read on her...

@Tammy, would you be willing to hammer Quil?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

Vote: Quil

Failsafe...
Tammy places her vote on Quil after mine...(it should put him at L-3)
This for the "Just in case" moment if Quilford fails to show up...
worst case, if Quil he doesn't show up, we unvote the Tammy wagon and let Quilford's be the largest one...
with Tammy as last vote it will be as if she hammered.
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Minimum

ummm...are you not reading?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

sorry guys..work had to fly me out of town for an emergency..
i fly back in tomorrow morning...
i'll be postin' then...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

gonna say that I believe Gamma's claim…
i tried hard to find any holes in it..
ML seemed genuinely mad about OaF's death N1...(seeing as how he would have just verified Miller claim with PM)
plus, the way Gamma came out to Finnegan makes me somewhat a believer…

In regards to Mrs Agar, I also think that she should come out and claim ONLY if she targetted Tammy and NOT Quil on N2.
As far as N3 Shenanigans, I would assume Mrs Agar would choose Agar's announced picks (RC and Seraph)
Peta did claim to have Protected that night.
However, with Peta's earlier claim of BP I doubt scum would target him…He didn't claim X-shot til afterwards…
True, Agar could have been double-killed, or Peta's could have stopped a kill on his target, so I guess RC and Seraph might be a good place to look. Leaning more towards Seraph..

Not sure about set-up spec but, seeing as there is only one scum left, and all of the others have flipped with some sort of PR, do you think the last one would be a goon?

Actually…

I think she's fakeclaiming….
I really don't like her play…
I didn't like her set-up for Tidal Jim
I didn't like the fact that she hinted that she was a lover…
Legitimate question:
Since this isn't a bastard game, if she is a lover wouldn't she have been told that?
also her hate-post about getting MOI modkilled seemed like overkill…
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:24 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

Gammagooey wrote:@Sword_of_omens- Don't claim unless you get to L-2 or L-1. Like you probably already know this but if you're a conf. town I would really like for you to not die tonight if we lynch Seraphim.

I’m far from conf-town, but I find it a bit funny that people are saying I’m scum off nothing more than POE …especially when there are scummier POE players out there…Although I guess I can’t say I’m really surprised at who is on my wagon…Hindu’s vote, I understand, seeing as he has been tunneling me since we started, and Mina who just likes to say I’m scum…

As to this:
Shmugen wrote:I imagine Mrs. Scattamun has read this thread by now and hasn't claimed due to somehow still being useful, but I'm confused as how everyone else came to that conclusion. Today has been conjecture based on who Mrs. Scattamun may or may not have blocked. I'm still for the Mrs. claiming so as to lessen the chances of mistakes.

Seeing as with this clarification:
In post 1599, hitogoroshi wrote:It has come to my attention that I left out part of the role power of Diamanda in my explanation.

The correct text is "An abductor makes both her and her target immune to Active and Factional abilities, while also preventing the target from using Active or Factional abilities."

Apologies for the false information. It has been corrected.

This makes me think that Peta might have JK’d a NK…so it might be possible that RC and/or Seraphim might not have been one of the killers. If Peta did in fact JK a kill then RC and or Seraph would both be cleared. Again I don’t see why Mrs Agar wouldn’t pick Agar’s given targets…as reading the info , their powers only work if they both choose the same target(s). I would say that she come forward only ONLY if she targeted Tammy and NOT Quilford on N2…or unless she has any other relevant info she might be able to give us.…

In post 1598, Bella wrote:
In post 1596, sword_of_omens wrote:

I think she's fakeclaiming….
I really don't like her play…
I didn't like her set-up for Tidal Jim
I didn't like the fact that she hinted that she was a lover…
Legitimate question:
Since this isn't a bastard game, if she is a lover wouldn't she have been told that?
also her hate-post about getting MOI modkilled seemed like overkill…

Explain and justify.

I find it mildly amusing that you think my MoI post was overkill, because it was really, really restrained.

Bella, I think you are scum. I think your Two-toed Tom is a fakeclaim. The way you threw the “Tidal Jim” question out nowhere stood horribly out and looked like you were setting up a fake-claim. Sure, Tidal Jim may be in the game (or maybe even not), but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a fake-claim. I also didn’t like how you “hinted” at being lovers…This is right after you voted for yourself on the “lynch scum or lose someone day”. To me, it looked as if you were trying to scare town off of your lynch, by stating that if you died, then not only would the hammer die, but so would “Tidal Jim”…
As far as the MOI mod-kill rant…I do think it was overkill..that sort of thing should have been left up to PM with the mod..i think you put it in thread to make yourself look more like a pissed off townie and get town-points…

So yeh…gonna keep my vote where it is:

Confirm Vote: Bella
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:08 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

Actually, Hindu.....
In post 1636, Hinduragi wrote:I've got a good feeling SoO is some kind of scum. It's been that way the entire game

i'll give you that...it wasn't from day 1...
you have been voting me for no real reasons though..
although after a quick ISO i did notice when you started in on me..and it kind of makes sense...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Here's the thing...

that clarification post that came late by Hito made me think that perhaps Peta did in fact JK one of the killers...
if that's the case then RC and Seraph would both be cleared as town (given that Mrs Scattamim most likely pick Agar's same targets)

based on that, i'm not going to vote Seraph right now when i have a stronger feeling that Bella is scum.

Mimimum, other than me, (which you haven't really explained besides general vibe)
who are your scumreads?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Flash: My guess is Bella is Night
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:42 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 1669, Minimum wrote:
In post 1667, sword_of_omens wrote:@Flash: My guess is Bella is Night

Why?

Seeing as how all of the other scum flips have been PR's i originally thought that maybe the last Night might be a goon...however, if they are in fact Chris Carrion, then they could very well be a GF…either one would have an easy time with a Citizen fake-claim.
Look at Bella’s play and voting history. It’s mainly been a crusade against MoI…She stayed away from Staeg and Shinori,(she did mention she thought that Shinori could possibly be scum once in #751, but she never followed through or even voted Shin).She also deflected off of the Tierce wagon when Fate asked her to vote for Tierce stating #836that MattP was a better lynch and then again (#978) by stating that her role seemed similar to Tierce’s and that Staeg would never have double-bussed. She voted herself on "1 of 3" day to look town, but then immediately after the self-vote, she hints at being a lover in #1126 and then again #1174
She did however vote for Quil…but that was ONLY after he claimed scum…
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 1700, RedCoyote wrote:It should also be noted that SoO is conspicuously missing from every Night-aligned player's post history. He just appears very few times throughout the game. All of his slick talking as of late is nice, but there's something to be said for him playing it very low key.

curious as to what part of my posts you define as "slick talking?"
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Ok…I’ve been thinking….
As much as we are all pretty pissed off about MoI’s fake gambit, he actually did leave us with a pretty legitimate question:
In post 1511, MagnaofIllusion wrote: Questions should also be made about Town having TWO players who can effectively make themselves BP every Night (Shmugen and Petapan).

Why would we have 2 BP’s as town?
Especially when Peta made both himself AND his target unkillable?
That would be like having 3 town BP’s?
Gamma said he checked Shmu’s PM and validated it, but…what if it is a fake rolePM?
Commexo BP makes sense... Also, seeing as we did have a tracker in the game, along with a PM claimer, The SK would probably need some sort of ability on the fake claim to show that he could target somebody…He says he still hasn’t targeted anyone with his self-redirect? Maybe it’s because he can’t, because he is killing at night.

Hindu, I know you say Shmu was obv-town to you during the beginning of the game, but if he is Commexo, then his early obv-town play to you would make sense, seeing as he would be hunting for scum as well…and now, why would he bring up the key out of nowhere today when he maybe only had one vote on him? That doesn’t make sense unless he was worried a wagon might start on him..He doesn’t have to worry about being NK’d seeing as he’s BP.

Anyway, i still think Bella is Night aligned, but no one will join me on this…

Unvote:Bella

Shmu makes sense as Commexo…

Vote: Shmugen
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

RedCoyote wrote:SoO, what I mean to say is that you've been actively lurking up until this point. Now that the heat is finally being turned up on you a bit, you're showing more spunk. I get nervous when people alter there post style mid-game.

Mina had mentioned something like this as well..
but yeh, i do tend to post more when the heat is turned up on me..

In post 1344, sword_of_omens wrote:3. I would love to hear your explanation of "completely different". Of course I was more passionate in Chrono Cross…I replaced into a slot under heavy fire and was attacked as soon as I made my first post. I fought tooth and nail for the short time that i was there (i was mis-lynched the same day). After i had calmed Fate down, i'm pretty sure it was CES who replaced in and immediately took up the crusade against me. So yeh..i was more passionate there. And look at FF6...it's the same way...i was more passionate when i drew fire (mainly from Time Eater who was always trying to mis-lynch me)... and when i caught you in your scum slip.

Also..
@Mod: I will be V/LA for the Holiday weekend starting in a couiple of hours and up through Tuesday 09/04
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

I'd love to hear your reasoning on this...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Lol you guys...seriously?
I am V/La and you want to quicklynch?
you guys suck...
I am at L1 and
I am on my phone...i am Mrs Scattamun...
Read my ISO I obv-crumbed hard to Anxiety on my reads post...this was when I blocked Quil and I thought Anx was Mr S.
right before agar claimed...
Thats why I wanted quil over Tammy...
N1 I targetted UT(Tierce)and Bella
N2 was Quil and Min
N3 RC and Seraph
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

SoO wrote: 4nxi3ty - last night I went out to a jazz club to relax and they had a guy there who was Scattin', which was pretty cool..it was nice to wind down for once…anyhoo, i have you as a pretty decent town read and I think you might be on to something with Quilford. I did notice he was 1 of your 2 picks yesterday…
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Really dont like how quickly Shmu voted me...
Especially while i'm on V/LA..

Anyways...leavung the coffee shop so I prob wont have reception for awhile..
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

At store on my phone..

@shmu, so you got some info on the key then when you got it then?
It wasnt just a "you received a key" type message?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:00 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

has anyone else had possession of the key that we know of?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:16 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

yeh, sorry, i meant other than you and Hindu ...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

back from V/LA and am surprised to be still among the living...
I guess Commexo and Night each figured the other would kill me?

Also Shmu...if you DID redirect last night then whoever you redirected is confirmed town, seeing as there were 2 deaths...
problem is I still think you might be lying though, and that this might be just a gambit...

ugh...

i'm going to do some re-reading again...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

yeh..i guess igot ahead of myself...
gonna try and slow it down a bit...go back and read everybody...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:29 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

sorry guys, work has been rough this week..
i'll should be able to give this the attention it deserves by tomorrow at the latest...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Flash, i agree that Commexo needs to take priority over Night for today's lynch, but why RC over Shmu?

Remember Shmu had "forgotten" about his redirect ability:

In post 1233, Shmugen wrote:I realized it when I read my role PM when I joined the game. I apparently forgot right around the time I mentioned being confirmable through redirecting. My memory was jogged when we talked about jailkeeping interfering, I recalled then that it was my self-protect ability that was interfered with by blockers, I was trying to figure if the jailkeeper who blocked my redirect would then be free to choose whomever they wished.

As for what I should have asked the mod vs didn't, this is my first time with any kind of redirecting role that would cause conflicts. I didn't ask because when I remember what the ability actually is, mistakes don't make sense, minus cops of varying sanities. A cop would find themselves innocent, a mafia cop would find themselves guilty, a watcher would see me visit them which I could then explain, etc.

For the record, I am embarassed I got mixed up.

could it be because he never really had it?
He probably wouldn't pay much attention to it if it was on his fakeclaim…like i said, all it really does is cover him as far as showing he can target someone if he's tracked..

Also, look at the Night aligned powers…why would town have a redirect-to-self power that would be pretty much useless against Night? It would hinderance to town more than anything else?
Staeg –
R/B (Dragon)
Shinori –
Day Sac Vig (uselss to redirect)
Tierce –
Non Consec Befouler (useless to redirect)
Quilford –
Key Dep Janitor (uselss to redirect)

I still think Shmu makes more sense as Commexo…

Vote: Shmugen
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (isolation #43) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:49 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

no.
Tierce befouling herself would be useless for town as it would make her untargettable (as her power is a scum-aid)
Quilford would need the KEY to make his power work anyway..so yeh..pretty worthless
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (isolation #44) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:54 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@RC:
Hito wrote:You are Commexo aligned. You win when there are three or fewer players alive, you are one of those players, and it is currently a Session. (If four players are alive, and one is lynched, you will win - the win condition "checks" after the lynch occurs but before a Recess is called.) Additionally, the check for this win condition occurs before the checks for the Day/Night win conditions
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@MOD: i'll be V/LA for the weekend as per my usual, please
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Shmu...
Why did you redirect last night and not self BP?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

With 1 commexo and 1 night...knowing you cannot redirect a kill, what is the town motivation for redirecting?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

By screwing with town?
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:41 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Bella,
wtf? Why didn't you ask RC to claim first?
If he's Finnegan Hob i'm gonna be pissed...
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:04 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

ok, seeing as i'm prob dead tonight...
you all pretty much know where is tand...
still think Shmu is Commexo
and although Bella's actions pretty much cement this...
i'll leave ya with it anyways:

In post 1685, sword_of_omens wrote:
In post 1669, Minimum wrote:
In post 1667, sword_of_omens wrote:@Flash: My guess is Bella is Night

Why?

Seeing as how all of the other scum flips have been PR's i originally thought that maybe the last Night might be a goon...however, if they are in fact Chris Carrion, then they could very well be a GF…either one would have an easy time with a Citizen fake-claim.
Look at Bella’s play and voting history. It’s mainly been a crusade against MoI…She stayed away from Staeg and Shinori,(she did mention she thought that Shinori could possibly be scum once in #751, but she never followed through or even voted Shin).She also deflected off of the Tierce wagon when Fate asked her to vote for Tierce stating #836that MattP was a better lynch and then again (#978) by stating that her role seemed similar to Tierce’s and that Staeg would never have double-bussed. She voted herself on "1 of 3" day to look town, but then immediately after the self-vote, she hints at being a lover in #1126 and then again #1174
She did however vote for Quil…but that was ONLY after he claimed scum…
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

awesome game hito!!!!
i had a lot of fun playing this one and the flavor was done with seeming perfection!
got pretty damn crazy towards the end though...
Great job all...
Tammy you did pretty damn good for night, especially how they seemed to seemed to fall apart early on in the game...
Speaking of which, did Shinori ever explain his reasoning for his Day Sarifice on why he did it when he did?

i also thought for sure that once Agar claimed, people would see my blatant Scat crumb and figure me for the Mrs...ah well..
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:11 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

yeh, i didn't know how to crumb without looking too obvious as i really didn't know the theme too well..
i thought for sure Mr Scat (at the time i thought it was 4nxi3ty) would see my crumb since i stated "Scat" and mentioned "1 of 2 targets".
And then after Agar's claim, i thought scum or Commexo would see it for sure.
- Sword of Omens -

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”