GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 14, Salamence20 wrote:The Bastards are town.

Given my play in Disney Villians Mafia and BBMolla's fakeclaiming in MLP, I'm not going to be WIFOM by a Miller.

VOTE: BBMiller

I have the double vote

Cool, why did you buy it?

Vote: BBMolla

There wasn't even power roles in the first iteration of this game.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 29, Salamence20 wrote:How about we all agree to vig him tonight? Deal?

Uh...

Is this inside information the night kill didn't go to the scumteam?

Because cool
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: Salamance20

Not RVS
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 81, BBmolla wrote:Kids I'm a bum, I started with no money, I don't even know how the auction shit works cause I sat out of it last night due to nomoney.

I'm a miller cause I'm a bum in a marketplace. I don't fit in and it's obvious.

If it's relevent, investigations on me return "Mafia" not "Guilty".

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 86, BBmolla wrote:Yo just let me use my other shit before I get lynched, thanks.

What other stuff, I thought you didn't take part in the marketplace?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

By the way, does anyone see too much of a disadvantage with the following plan?

1) The person who won the roleblocker claims
2) if they claim, the person who won the night kill claims

Then we can direct the night kill, if town actually won it?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 118, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Also GreyICE, the plan of roleblocker claiming to have night-kill directed is nonsensical, explain to me what your thought process was when suggesting it. We can direct the night-kill if town have it by doing a vig-vote without having roleblocker need to claim in the first place.

Scum control roleblocker means NK doesn't go off unless they want it to?

NK doesn't go off and RB is claimed at least we can sort things out with hangings.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #135 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 132, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Wait really quickly BBmolla does your kill end day phase?

Wait you're taking this bullshit claim seriously?

-_-

unvote molla

vote: spb
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Scum usually take town claims seriously. Even if they're utter obvious horseshit. The town don't lie bs gets stuck in their head.

I don't believe this bum horseshit, it's not a real role, but spb taking it seriously means he's probably scum and we can sort BB out later.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #167 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 165, Tazaro wrote:
In post 162, D3f3nd3r wrote:I don't have the time to make a huge post about the past 7 pages, but I will say that
I did not win anything.

I think some of these items went for WAY too much.

You're essentially claiming to be a vanilla townie
Don't do that

Actually VTs are hella powerful in this game due to the investment factor.

I mean yeah, no abilities for 3-4 days, but when it hits day 4, watch out!

We should have a few people just turbo investing (you DON'T need to say who you are).

Anyway, BBMolla's bum role doesn't seem too different from my previous "communist saboteur" role, and I'm not scared to say it. Shoot me with your imaginary gun, bro~
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 170, MagnaofIllusion wrote:At GreyIce re Post 91 – yes. Mordor.

GreyICE wrote:
Scum control roleblocker means NK doesn't go off unless they want it to?

NK doesn't go off and RB is claimed at least we can sort things out with hangings.

Um, no … there is way too many missing elements to this ‘plan’ and you should know that. Are you scum Grey?

--

No. Controlling the auctions was pretty key to the town's play last game (even if they didn't win, it was due to an investigation immune role that basically did nothing for 6 days). In fact it was really only when the town lost control of the auctions and started having everyone going off and doing their own thing and yelling at each other that they lost.

Remember, the abilities out there are the only abilities.

1) Someone has a doctor. If we know the NK is in the hands of town (or someone has claimed and claimed their target, which is good enough) then the doctor doesn't have to use any shots. Remember, doctor is 2-shot. The later in the game the doctor uses that power, the better it is - and the doctor need only use it when we've lost an NK.

2) Claiming isn't a big deal here. Lets say someone claims "I didn't win an auction!" Big deal. That just means they have more money and will be a PR later in the game. Meanwhile if someone won a PR now, they're not necessarily a threat. Scum can "wait out" the shots.

3) We can coordinate oracle information if we figure things out. At the moment, assume that there's 6 scum (3 teams of 3).

They might be restricted to $100 - that's not how last game went, but nothing went for $100 or $101 which are both totals which would suggest the scum have more than $100. The cop going for $91 in particular points to there being a lack of money on the scumteams. Last game the cop was considered more dangerous than the NK by the scum.

The roleblocker being town, or being controlled by the town makes everything so much safer.

Speaking of which, we should totes make sure someone invests day 1 and 2 and then advertise cop day 2 (Magua adopted my suggestion for advertising).

Remember, I've spent more time analyzing this setup than anyone else except maybe Magua. It's not your normal setup.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #311 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 310, Tammy wrote:
In post 35, GreyICE wrote:
In post 29, Salamence20 wrote:How about we all agree to vig him tonight? Deal?

Uh...

Is this inside information the night kill didn't go to the scumteam?

Because cool

Did you really believe this was a possibility when you commented on his previous post in which he claimed the double voter?

I'm dealing with someone who is full force clownshoes. Him out and admitting that he was scum was a distinct possibility, yes.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #312 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also I have modded for Seanald twice (he's now blacklisted from games I mod for being a jackass to me in PMs, but that's a different issue).

One time he was scum. He played like shit, and got lynched.
One time he was town. He played like shit, nearly got lynched, Medhi got a town read on someone attacking him and managed to pull off a town sweep.

Medhi, what's your read on Seanald?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #313 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by GreyICE »

*scum read on someone attacking him.

But basically, I can't help feeling like this is a policy lynch.

And if we're policy lynching, it's 100% BBMolla. His claim is VERY similar to the claim I used last game. The reason that scum claim to have zero income is that they can hide the fact that they're winning auctions on things that are anti-town. The fact that he ALSO claimed miller... it's basically the perfect scum claim. If the town buys it. And he 110% has to die before endgame, like all millers. So that's the proper policy lynch.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #319 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 315, SlumberPartyBois wrote:GreyICE, why are you ignoring my push on you?

You're scum, and I'm voting you for it.

Why do I give six flying fucks about your OMGUS push on me, scumbag?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #320 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 316, Mehdi2277 wrote:Town. The only thing I honestly don't understand well is his avoidance of the thread (well I do have a guess why someone would but it's the most troubling thing), but post wise I still think of him as town (while it may see like he's just jumping with minimal thought, his flow of logic is clear if not necessarily agreeable).

Okay, then I'll just sheep my town read on you here.

It's a wagon with Salamance on it, BBMolla-scum on it, SPB-scum on it which already made it pretty fucking radioactive, so I was leaning that way anyway.

Why Tammy over SPB?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #324 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 321, Mehdi2277 wrote:Looking over things I have too many town reads (that and my read on tammy has solidified enough to town and I don't want to just wait to hear MoI's response to my question on her). I'd currently feel most comfortable with actually starting and having a defender lynch (guille with second since while not with sean I still dislike the only post he's made). I don't really see Grey as scum unless sean is (why else try to block a super easy mislynch assuming sean is town) and just disagree with the reasons against MoI.

UNVOTE: TammyVOTE: Defender

P-edit: I actually have all three of you as town now (which is confusing me a bit now, but I'll read over some people later).

I'd actually probably bus the Seanald if he's my scumbuddy, he's getting lynched anyway down the line (he's Seanald).

It's just I don't fucking buy this lynch, and his wagon is radioactive. KanyeKnowsBest/MattP (a hydra who would be better off labeled Dumb and Dumber) are basically both running on pure scum. MattP thinks he's hot shit, and Kanye... I always picture kanye smoking a bowl every time he posts. It explains pretty much everything about his play.

Look at this ISO folks: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Okay, seriously, look at it.

In post 47, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Ok Molla talk time over for now it's TAMMEH TIME

In post 61, SlumberPartyBois wrote:you do realize that i explicitly announced in that game that he was replaced because he had not picked up his role pm right? i dont think anyone even mentioned trolly once in that game or acknowledged him outside of that.

In post 62, SlumberPartyBois wrote:what a stupid dumb thing to argue about why the heck am i doing that.

He buys this stupid fucking daykill crap (WHICH DOES NOT EXIST) 100%

In post 110, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Do NOT shoot Tammy PLEASE

Please shoot Seanald. Or VM as a compromise.

In post 197, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
I would actually prefer you kill MoI or GreyICE, BBmolla. We can easily direct a Seanald lynch, MoI and GreyICE will be less fun to do that with

Lets stop and think about this for a moment. He wants BBMolla (obvious fakeclaiming trash) to shoot me or MoI because we're "hard to deal with."

Yeah, damn straight we are. Both of us know setups, can analyze shit, are smart as hell, have a rep for lynching scum, and draw doctor protects like flies draw honey (in a game with very limited night kills the scum might not even control).

And he thinks both of us are scum and want to shut both of us up.

And I'm the only one who sees this?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #327 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Quoting so no one misses this due to page jump.

MattP+Kanye need our votes, folks.

In post 324, GreyICE wrote:
In post 321, Mehdi2277 wrote:Looking over things I have too many town reads (that and my read on tammy has solidified enough to town and I don't want to just wait to hear MoI's response to my question on her). I'd currently feel most comfortable with actually starting and having a defender lynch (guille with second since while not with sean I still dislike the only post he's made). I don't really see Grey as scum unless sean is (why else try to block a super easy mislynch assuming sean is town) and just disagree with the reasons against MoI.

UNVOTE: TammyVOTE: Defender

P-edit: I actually have all three of you as town now (which is confusing me a bit now, but I'll read over some people later).

I'd actually probably bus the Seanald if he's my scumbuddy, he's getting lynched anyway down the line (he's Seanald).

It's just I don't fucking buy this lynch, and his wagon is radioactive. KanyeKnowsBest/MattP (a hydra who would be better off labeled Dumb and Dumber) are basically both running on pure scum. MattP thinks he's hot shit, and Kanye... I always picture kanye smoking a bowl every time he posts. It explains pretty much everything about his play.

Look at this ISO folks: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Okay, seriously, look at it.

In post 47, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Ok Molla talk time over for now it's TAMMEH TIME

In post 61, SlumberPartyBois wrote:you do realize that i explicitly announced in that game that he was replaced because he had not picked up his role pm right? i dont think anyone even mentioned trolly once in that game or acknowledged him outside of that.

In post 62, SlumberPartyBois wrote:what a stupid dumb thing to argue about why the heck am i doing that.

He buys this stupid fucking daykill crap (WHICH DOES NOT EXIST) 100%

In post 110, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Do NOT shoot Tammy PLEASE

Please shoot Seanald. Or VM as a compromise.

In post 197, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
I would actually prefer you kill MoI or GreyICE, BBmolla. We can easily direct a Seanald lynch, MoI and GreyICE will be less fun to do that with

Lets stop and think about this for a moment. He wants BBMolla (obvious fakeclaiming trash) to shoot me or MoI because we're "hard to deal with."

Yeah, damn straight we are. Both of us know setups, can analyze shit, are smart as hell, have a rep for lynching scum, and draw doctor protects like flies draw honey (in a game with very limited night kills the scum might not even control).

And he thinks both of us are scum and want to shut both of us up.

And I'm the only one who sees this?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #330 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 326, Mehdi2277 wrote:And I personally believe the daykill thing. I've only seen molla once keep on pushing a claim like this and that was when he fake claimed lovers with matt and both were town so I think when does push a claim he's actually doing it to help (and I'm not sure how fake claiming helps a lot so I'll go with it being true). Plus it can be proven (which is honestly the main thing to it).

Proven role does not equal proven alignment

If he does have that power, I think it close to 100% likely he's a third party like the Communist Saboteur from the original marketplace mafia. It would make a lot of sense, and would actually be smart balance to speed up the game - Marketplace mafia is limited by 1 kill per night, 1 lynch per day, so unless Magua wants the game to stretch on forever, a Serial Killer makes a whole fuckton of sense.

Oh yeah, and copypasta:

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #335 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 332, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Uhhh I think Regfan is town town town and he is a better player than you, no offense bro. I think you're scum and you're annoying and therefore it's much easier to daykill you and not have to deal with the stress of trying to get you killed.

Kanye and I agree you are playing much below your intelligence with this complete refusal to acknowledge the possibility of BBmolla being a daykiller, your calling Seanald a "policy lynch" when a whole case was presented on him (which you can disagree with the case but you cannot in your right mind called in a PL).

You are poison to the game. You are scum. But unfortunately you'll live until D2 because MoI and Seanald are higher priorities.

pedit: I don't understand why on Earth you are trying to claim BBmolla is an anti-town faction when he has a daykill ready to use. You can't wait to discuss that shit until he's used it?

Kanye, are you high, like right now?

Because this shit made zero fucking sense.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #340 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 336, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 313, GreyICE wrote:But basically, I can't help feeling like this is a policy lynch.

You haven't been reading the game, then.

He's made what, 3 shitty posts or something?

KanyeKnowsShit has made what, 400 shitty posts?

I seriously would like the following:

- Some coordination in the town on who does what. I'd REALLY like an oracle report, so we could get townies agreeing on what to bid on, what to not bid on, that sort of thing. But I CAN'T GET ANYONE TO LISTEN TO ME.
- I'd like some coordination of investing, in a general sense, since I don't think Magua nerfed it as much as he thinks he did.
- I'd like some general sign that this town was organized and coherant.

Instead we've got screaming for the lynch of the village idiot, 10 pages of drama over BBMolla's supposed daykill, which I do not and will never care about, and a whole lot of FUCKING NOISE.

THIS IS HOW I WON THE LAST GAME REGFAN
LETTING THE SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO DRIFT NOISEWARDS
DO YOU DISAGREE?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #341 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 339, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Let me also add this: your ideas and pushes so far have all sucked and won't generate any support other than from greygnarl.

Are you taunting me that I can't get you lynched, scumboy? I take that as a personal challenge
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #343 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 342, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
In post 341, GreyICE wrote:
In post 339, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Let me also add this: your ideas and pushes so far have all sucked and won't generate any support other than from greygnarl.

Are you taunting me that I can't get you lynched, scumboy? I take that as a personal challenge

Try your fucking hardest.

You saying that my posts have been shitty posts just shows you're spewing propaganda / not reading anything. Your posts have all sucked ass and I look forward to when I get you lynched. Unfortunately for you this is waiting until after a Seanald lynch, princess.

Oh MattP, I remember how badly wrong you were in Revolution mafia.

And you still have the nerve to throw that ego in my face.

You do have some moderately large balls, scumbag.

But only moderately.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #364 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 345, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
In post 343, GreyICE wrote:Oh MattP, I remember how badly wrong you were in Revolution mafia.

And you still have the nerve to throw that ego in my face.

You do have some moderately large balls, scumbag.

But only moderately.

"You were wrong about Revolution Mafia and you're wrong now"

"You're scum"

I don't see how these two posts don't call for me being both town and scum simultaneously.

Although it's cute that you are trying to make me feel nervous about my read on you by throwing Rev Mafia in my face.

It's more about how you have an ego the size of the a planet, and the record that would back you up as being pretty much a village idiot.

Just like sticking pins in this ego, bro.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #366 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 365, Mehdi2277 wrote:I understand his ego troubles you, but if you can see him as town the quicker you two become friends the happier the thread will be (reg defended him well and I can as well if needed for any other reason you have to suspect him).

I honestly don't see him as town. I see him as being the hero who will lead the town to oblivion while no one suspects him. All of that hydra's posts are honestly shit.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #368 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by GreyICE »

All he's honestly doing is yelling for people to be lynched.

As I've been trying to say, while trying to read this game, is that we need a solid plan. Marketplace Mafia is not like other games. We WILL have a strong concentration of scum. This is because of the singular night kill. If the town wastes our money crossbidding each other (something I encouraged in the last marketplace mafia) then the town will lose, 100%, because we will lose control of the major power roles, lose control of the night kill, and lose the game. We don't have enough townies to "lynch scummy people and let the night actions sort themselves out."

If we mislynch a few times, a few night kills go missing, three townies fight each other over a tracker and get it bid up to $300 without scum interfering, we don't have a solid investment plan, and we're all busy yelling at each other, we WILL lose.

Besides that, I have honestly been trying to scumhunt.

An oracle would be EXCELLENT, and I really want the person with it to claim. The night bids make that role 10x as important as before.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #371 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 369, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 366, GreyICE wrote:I honestly don't see him as town. I see him as being the hero who will lead the town to oblivion while no one suspects him. All of that hydra's posts are honestly shit.

I'm asking you at least to trust me that you're reading them incorrectly here, they're by far one of my strongest town-reads if not the strongest at the moment and I'd much rather you focus energy and time looking at other players and letting me know your thoughts on them.

If we don't get an oracle claim by the time that everyone has posted it might be beneficial to assign a few things for the upcoming auction without knowing what will be up there. That being if we have 2-3 people bid on negative utility items and then claim them tomorrow the likelihood that we'll have town vs town bidding raising that price to a crazy level will drop. At the same time we should have someone bidding on oracle throughout the game and claiming the information in their first post the next day, a volunteer for that would be worth it. Everyone else should either be making a shot at getting something like cop, doctor, night-kill, roleblocker or investing their money so they can win it in future nights. I don't think it's a good idea to advertise who's going to be bidding on night-kill or anything like that at this point as if scum have the current night-kill it'll just lead to someone winning it and dying.

I'll agree with you, provisionally for now. Simply because it doesn't actually matter if you two are scum together, our chances of winning go up if we're organized, and if you two want to do this this early in the game, more power to you.

Unvote

So your suggestion is that basically we split players into pools if we don't have oracle? Like:

Negative Utility Pool
Investigative Pool
Defensive Pool
Night Kill Pool
Random Utility powers Pool

That sort of thing?

And have players basically decide on their own how to bid in their pool or whether to just invest (which probably about half the town should be doing at the moment anyway?).

It's not terrible at all.

Also, the advertising has been redesigned based on my suggestion (literally. It's exactly my suggestion). That means its actually relevant. What shall we do about that?

Double post deleted.
Last edited by Magua on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #372 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by GreyICE »

(My computer is doubleposting for some reason. Second time today its happened. Mod, please delete that)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #375 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Lets just get this farce over with, so we can discover what mysterious power has stopped this magical kill that doesn't exist.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #378 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 377, BBmolla wrote:Should have shot GreyICE, but I shot MoI. GreyICE is such a fucking asshat, he's decided for no reason that I'm scum no matter what.

Oh for FUCKS SAKE

At least shoot Seanald, he's WORTHLESS if he's town.

MoI is really fucking GOOD when he's town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #379 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Like, I am currently praying that's not real.

Lord god.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #380 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Although to be fair, there are some differences between X and Y.

BUT THIS WAS NOT OPTIMAL
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #381 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Please god, let the serial killer be faking the target.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #384 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Meh, I honestly still don't believe in the kill.

BUT YOU ARE A FLY IN MY OINTMENT

*sigh*

I'll explain this tomorrow or the next day or something.

PEdit: Seriously, I'm not replacing out because you're bad at scum and MattP is a douchebag.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #388 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 387, BBmolla wrote:Protip: If everyone seems like a douchebag to you, you're probably the douchebag.

It's this narrow spectrum.

MattP is on an ego trip the size of this planet, and has been since he joined. No one has ever managed to convince him he is not as good as he thinks he is, even when he's wrong. When he's scum, he just massages that ego without even worrying about logic and slaps people with his imaginary giant dick.

Seanald is just... Seanald.

PeregrineV is in this game, which I am still annoyed about (wisdom of the mod my ass).

Salamance20 claims scum about 300% too often for comfort, but is still less annoying than the above.

That's seriously the list of people I have an actual problem with.

You I have a problem with because the last iteration of this game had ZERO vanilla roles on the town side, yet TWO scum claimed non-vanilla because of the difficulty of mimicking town behavior and the necessity of actually wasting your money on purchasing town things if you wanted to look town. You claimed a miller role with no money. You see why this looks like the perfect scum fakeclaim, yes?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #391 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 391, Voidedmafia wrote:Can we just get this over with so you all can stop arguing about it?

If BB's wrong (as in, there is no kill) he either goes today or tomorrow.
If he's right then we just drop that point until it needs to brought up again (ie if he isn't 1-shot).

Please and thank you.

NO

VOIDED WE WENT OVER THIS LIKE TWO MINUTES AGO

IF NO ONE DIES HE LIED. WHAT HAPPENS?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #401 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 397, SlumberPartyBois wrote:HEY GREY WOULD U LIKE TO REEVALUATE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS GAME M8?

Not really.

Seanald is still a better shot than MoI, even if MoI was scum. Risk management.

Miller-Vigilante is now apparently a role in the game.

I don't actually think its a town one. But its a role, to be sure. I have a sneaking suspicion it also includes "immune to night kills" or something similar.

We still need to ORGANIZE. If you think it's 2 teams of 4 the reasons why should be blatantly obvious.

Anyway.

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #403 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 402, SlumberPartyBois wrote:2 clarify, are you advocating lynching molla today?

Is this a real question
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #408 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

lawl

Where is my vote?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #654 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

No NK, no investigation immunity.

Seanald is fairly obvious town at this point IMHO.

I need more time to read, but I have an interview tomorrow at 9 AM, so on first glance the plan seems solid. Although I do have a concern I'll voice tomorrow.

I will say I did bid on the roleblocker, but got outbid. Also tried to drive the price up on the investigation immunity, even though I didn't expect to win (one tactic that worked very well for me in the first game was to drive up the price of auctions I didn't expect to win, to drain the town's money supply. The same concept works in reverse).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #760 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

So your suggestion is to pool money on a limited number of people without controlling the night kill?

I, GreyICE, am telling you that you're dumb
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #768 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 766, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:GreyICE, it would be dumb if the pooling of funds were done to a small group of players. It's not the case here, it's to a rather large pool of players with them only receiving funds from one other person, that means at best scum can eliminate two peoples value worth of funds in a night by shooting inside the pool while still giving us a bunch of players with a great deal of funds for tomorrow nights auction. That means we should be able to secure N3s night kill and whatever else important auction items come up then.

Meh, I'll try it, but I don't think it works.

Also we're transfering money onto scum, guaranteed.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #777 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 771, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 768, GreyICE wrote:Also we're transfering money onto scum, guaranteed.

Then tell me who you don't want receiving money and for what reason. Also want to know what you make of Eilodons claim.

What did Eidilon claim?

StephanB, seems questionable at best, and PeregrineV's claim to fame is that he bought Oracles and told us about it.

I don't even know who Tazaro is.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #792 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 787, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:GreyICE, StephanB is obvtown in the fact that he outted the QT debacle first, MoI accused him of scum-slipping, Stefan pointed out it made MoI confirmed scum and pushed on him and MoI flailed desperately in defence. Pere I'll agree is a weaker read but I think meta-wise he's playing to his town meta and I'm not too worried about him destroying the system even if he's scum. Also Eilodon claimed your role from last game. No investing/advertising. No base wage. 1-shot of advertised items.

Matt, I don't really share your scum-read on GI, he's probably one of my weaker town-reads at the moment but him being paranoid of this sort of plan fits what I know of him, don't think it's a super alignment-indicative sort of tell. I'd much rather focus on lynching Phillamon first (You should totally re-read him).

Which means what, given the scumteams don't know eachother?

Eidilon seriously claimed my role from the last game?

Uh, lets advertise Night Kill day 2 and get ourselves a 1-shot vig shot, since that gets the stupid thing out of the way for late game. We can advertise a cop for Day 1, and get that for tomorrow night (since even if the scum overbid us on a cop, oh well).

Then we lynch him, and see how big of a sense of humor Magua has.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #794 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 am

Post by GreyICE »

I honestly think that role is highly unlikely to be town, but he really can't disobey orders on the NK without being obvious, and I don't see that role being scum really either (it's an absurd role for anyone except a 3rd party, honestly).

It's possible Magua included my "what is the third party" role and there's someone who just needs to accumulate X cash and then leave the game.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #796 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 795, guille2015 wrote:Should we advertize Neighborizer? Remember that Eid gets the power too, so advertizing for NK will give her the night kill.

Cop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Neighborizor

Not
Even
Close
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #803 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 801, Eidolon wrote:just to be clear i don't get any night killing abilities, even if it's advertised.

Okay

You're scum
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #810 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 808, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Just to be clear, I am going to push VEHEMENTLY for GreyICE's lynch tomorrow.

VERY VERY vehemently.

Bring it, pretty boy~
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #831 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I have $95 + Whatever I make tonight, so I should be transferring like $145+Efficiency.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #832 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I'm sorry, $90 plus efficiency. Magua charged me $10 for my bids.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #838 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I think Seanald's point is the scum could send the wrong amount, thus outing themselves, not that scum might screw up math in the thread and we should lynch everyone who is bad at math (we tried that first Marketplace Mafia. Didn't end well, for the town at least)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #842 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 840, greygnarl wrote:ICE are you saying you have $90 right now. Are you also saying you will make $50+Eff. tonight?

Yes.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #845 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 841, BBmolla wrote:Guys

What if

Scum

Had an ability to fuck with transactions

?

Bullshit.

Not gonna happen.

Scum were just higher income versions of the town first game, it's gonna be similar second game. If Magua didn't like the transfer mechanic, he'd have nixed it, not made some stupid role that 'fixed' the problem.

Maybe some sort of 3rd party bullshit, but lol.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #846 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 843, greygnarl wrote:How many items did you bid on last night?

Already claimed, two.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #848 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 847, greygnarl wrote:
In post 843, greygnarl wrote:How many items did you bid on last night?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #860 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 859, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 858, SlumberPartyBois wrote:BTW why is MoNa of any more importance than Banker?

If scum get MoNa then tracker and watcher are pretty much useless.

Only if the same scum who gets MoNa gets the night kill.

That seems unlikely, tbh.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #863 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 861, SlumberPartyBois wrote:not seeing banker as being too powerful.

were scum able to transfer abilities in the last game? also this would work for any ability scum have, not jsut the nk. not a huge priority but still more important than banker imho. def not as important as tailor tho

Don't think so, minus Last Will (obv) but I wasn't on a scumteam so I don't remember.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #864 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 861, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
In post 667, PeregrineV wrote:total $$$ all players have, minus the money they don't have on them

In post 671, PeregrineV wrote:Banker tells how much money total exists that is not elsewhere.

In post 683, PeregrineV wrote:Banker is not just one person

not seeing banker as being too powerful.

were scum able to transfer abilities in the last game? also this would work for any ability scum have, not jsut the nk. not a huge priority but still more important than banker imho. def not as important as tailor tho

Oh.

Kinda thought it was one person.

Which would be awesome.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #888 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 865, SlumberPartyBois wrote:it really would have been.

I mean I guess we could coordinate to total the income, minus the amount spent on bids, and maybe get a good idea of how the scum are in investing vs. bidding.

Or at least get an idea of the number of scum in the game.

But I think it's gonna be reading pigeon guts. I'd spend $1 on it... maybe.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1053 (isolation #59) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by GreyICE »

There's been about 14 pages since I last visisted.

Anything important happen?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #60) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1055, SlumberPartyBois wrote:people want to lynch someone who isnt defender is the current issue.

Why?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1057 (isolation #61) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Unless its the person who claimed my role from last game.

Although I admit there's a small chance Magua could have my sense of humor.

But that really feels either Mafia or 3rd party to me.

(frankly they should have called me on it in the original game, but oh well)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”