Calvin and Hobbes Mafia(GAME OVER! Grownups Mafia Wins!)

boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:21 am

Post by boxxy »

Double post? Clearly a scum tactic.

VOTE: EdditFenix
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 am

Post by boxxy »

EddieFenix
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:20 am

Post by boxxy »

Sorry for being MIA for so long. I was V/LA over the weekend but didn't tell mod and monday/tuesday were pretty busy.

Catching up now. So far I'm on page 16.

Varsoon is tunnelling Zoidberg pretty strongly, and I don't think his case is very strong. Scum would have to be pretty stupid to reveal slip both day-talk and multi-ball, and looking at the amount of thought that goes into Zoid's cases I just don't buy it that he slipped twice in a short period.

As for TIP, in the first couple pages or so I had a strong scum read on him. But after a while it looks more like he feels more town. He had a lot of posts that were short and confusing, and his aggressive voting for Varsoon looks like town that was posting quickly without caring what people think of him or how they mince his words. That looks like town play to me, scum tend to be more careful with their words.

As for scum reads, I'm looking at Varsoon and rolfcopter. Varsoon's case against zoid is weak and is trying to drive attention away from Zoid's case on rofl, which although being a largely speculation, actually has some merit beyond "OMG He scum slipped clearly."
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:37 am

Post by boxxy »

I'm still catching up from page 20, but reading this page just Zoid's post, its pretty clear we should lynch one of Zoid/rofl today and the other tomorrow.

If Zoid is telling the truth we've got one confirmed scum (rofl) and another likely scum (Varsoon) if he did in-fact softclaim cop like Psyche says (I gotta read the last few pages to check).

I say we get rolfcopter first, then we don't risk losing a cop between Zoid and Varsoon. If rofl flips town then we lynch Zoidberg and hope we have a PR that can keep Varsoon alive through the night.

I'm going to finish reading the last 3 pages before I vote to make sure I didn't miss something, but I think rolfcopter is the best strategy here.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:20 am

Post by boxxy »

In post 572, TheIrishPope wrote:We lynch Zoidberg
NOW
Why exactly? Roflcopter is the smart vote right now.

VOTE: roflcopter
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 am

Post by boxxy »

At this point I feel like Varsoon and Zoidberg are two townies at eachothers throats because they don't like the other's playstyle.

TIP not calling out Zoidberg for claiming the same role name almost feels coordinated. If I didn't have a town read on both of them then I'd think there's some scum team going on there, but the rest of their play feels to town so I'm willing to label it just weird for now.

We still need to hear from a lot of people today. In particular I'm looking at you Nobody Special, now that day 1 is over are you ready to contribute to the game in with a little more substance?
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 am

Post by boxxy »

In post 917, penguin_alien wrote:boxxy, do you really think both Varsoon and Zoidberg are town? Not liking each other's playstyle, sure, but outside of their arguing with each other what gives you a town read on either of them?
I don't think Zoidberg's case on rofl was as baseless as Varsoon wants us to believe. Varsoon is tunneling so hard that he's bending the truth. He's convinced himself that since Zoidberg mentioned multiball he must be scum, so Varsoon's case becomes "he's mean, obnoxious, an asshole, etc, his case on rofl was baseless and sucked and terrible, etc and he slipped multiball". Only one of those is a valid reason for Zoid to be scum IMO.

If I had to pick one I'd said Zoidberg is more scummy than Varsoon, but I still think it's more likely they're both town who set eachother off. If Zoidberg continues to catch scum, it doesn't matter to me what his alignment is, we can lynch him when he stops being useful.
EddieFenix wrote:Caught up

Vote Zoidberg
VOTE: EddieFenix
Got anything to add or are you hoping to just coast through Day 2 like you did all Day 1?
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:19 am

Post by boxxy »

In post 303, Zoidberg wrote:All right let's re-cap the oh-so-scummy wagon that's building on me.

-Metal Sonic goes "I wonder what the scum flavour is"
-Zoidberg speculates idly
-Roflcopter comes out of nowhere pushing a zoidberg lynch
-Roflcopter repeatedly dodges questions related to his reasoning from multiple players

To wit:
In post 126, Zoidberg wrote:
In post 114, Metal Sonic wrote:there is no scum in this game, only calvin

boy i wonder what the scum role flavor is? those zog? that old teacher whose name I forgot? exciting !
Total speculation, but it's probably Rosalyn, Susie Derkins, Moe, Miss Wormwood, and some others. Maybe Calvin's Mom's "evil" alter-ego aka the Evil Mom-Lady.

Not that the rolenames matter unless we have a role-cop.
In post 129, roflcopter wrote:we are lynching zoidberg today

vote: zoidberg

The question is: Why? He's not stated any case, and there must be a reason.

Answer: Well, I must have correctly guessed one or more of the scum's role names. He probably thinks he can spin it as "Zoidberg knows too much about the setup" aka I must have inside knowledge because I'm scum and so I've scumslipped. Of course, he can't prove that without revealing that he also has inside knowledge.

Here's the thing, though:
That list of roles would occur pretty obviously to anyone who's even remotely familiar with the source material.
Who are Calvin's primary antagonists in any of the comics? Rosalyn the babysitter who makes him go to bed. Moe the bully who steals his truck. Susie Derkins always tattling on him and giving him cooties. Evil Mom-Lady making him eat his vegetables and whatever. It's the most obvious way for the setup to go.

But roflcopter, being scum, already knows what the scum rolenames are and so he can't put himself in town's point of view. I.e. he can't see the clear line of thought that town would have when guessing what scum rolenames are.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Roflcopter
In post 304, Zoidberg wrote:I mean, unless rofl has an actual case.

But I've asked him for it 4 times, and others have asked him for it a bunch of times too, but each time he's dodged. So what other logical conclusion is there?
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 am

Post by boxxy »

You guys are involving the mod way too much in this game rather than actually looking for scum, cut it out.

"Mod says I'm town, so I'm town."

Can someone explain why we suddenly find rubicon scummy? Right now I want to here more from EddieFenix and Nobody Special, both of which coasted D1 pretty easily, and Eddie looks like he's still trying to coast.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by boxxy »

Sorry everyone, I was V/LA all weekend (long weekend here in Canada), forgot to mention this beforehand, I will catch up this weekend and post soon.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by boxxy »

Sorry guys, its been a hell of a week for work, probably won't catch up tonight, but tomorrow I'll have time.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 am

Post by boxxy »

I have no explanation for why TIP's tracking didn't show Desperado visiting me, I'm not a ninja and the case on me is weak.

The fact that Tiphaine targetted Rubi and didn't die is very unsettling. I guess it could explain TIPs tracking result, but it still doesn't sit well and I'm not inclined to believe either of them at this point.

There's no way in hell it was all town on the zoidberg wagon.
In post 998, MonkeyMan576 wrote:That's a lynch

Varsoon
mr e roll
psyche desp tso death Eddie NS
who
So guaranteed scum is one of Varsoon, Psyche, Desperado, TSO, Tiphaine, Eddie and NS.

Down to 7/14 alive, we should lynch one of these.

Desperado is obv town. Eddie reads pretty null right now so I'll cross him off for now.

Varsoon, Psyche, TSO, Tiphaine,
Eddie
and NS.

I could see a Varsoon/Psyche scum team trying to set up Varsoon as miller (miller 2 shot neighbourizer? What a joke). He successfully "neighbourized" Psyche so they can communicate off thread now. That would be real easy to fake if scum has day-talk seeing as Varsoon is conveniently out of shots now being so called 2-shot.

Varsoon
Psyche
, TSO, Tiphaine,
Eddie
and NS.

NS has been cruising along since day 1. He checked out day 1 because "day 1 sucks I'm better at future days." But so far he's still just cruised along pushing a wagon here and there without doing too much analysis or work. Could just be his playstyle but it could also just be scum trying to stay under the radar.

Varsoon
Psyche
, TSO, Tiphaine,
Eddie
and
NS

TSO reads null.

Varsoon
Psyche
TSO
, Tiphaine,
Eddie
and
NS

Tiphaine, I don't like that he got away with targetting Rubicon and living, but like I already said it could be the same weirdness that showed up in TIPs tracking report. Not sure what's going on there. So overall I guess he's null but I get an uneasy vibe from him.

Varsoon
Psyche
TSO
Tiphaine
Eddie
and
NS

Lynch today should be one of these people, preferrably someone bolded.

VOTE: Varsoon

Varsoon is the best option IMO. I think he's the scummiest on that list. Additionally we should policy lynch Miller at some point, and if he does flip neighbourizer then that will confirm Psyche as town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”