oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 am

Post by oriole »

In post 13, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote: Also, I've gotta figure one of the hydras is scum, but that's just nagging suspicion.

-V
Found it.

VOTE: Jabarkas
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:15 am

Post by oriole »

In post 23, Titus wrote:
In post 21, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:Nah, Xx MLG_Stubbs_360NOVOTEZ xX already had a vote on me.

I'm suspicious of the Slandaar vote, though. Who puts three votes on someone in RVS?

- 小龍
Don't forget stubbs's fourth.
Except he didn't put a fourth vote down.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:11 am

Post by oriole »

Hmm. It seems I was anticipating something that never materialized.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Stubbs
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 am

Post by oriole »

In post 59, Slandaar wrote:
In post 54, oriole wrote:Hmm. It seems I was anticipating something that never materialized.
Which was?
In post 46, BROseidon wrote:Guys guys guys guys guys.

Jakarbas is town.

Varsoon is literally the easiest player to read that I've come across. Ever. Even he's decided to stop his "claim alignment" thing just because he knows I look for it, I'll still be able to tell if he's scum from the quality of his posts.

And yes, Varsoon actually does claim alignment regardless of alignment. He claimed scum in C&H where he was scum.
A crack in this.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:02 am

Post by oriole »

V/LA until August 1.

I'll be around to post a bit but it'll be pretty erratic.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 am

Post by oriole »

In post 583, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:You realize you're just digging a deeper grave with 582?
"I thought you were saying that you put him townier because he was reading you as more town, which didn't make sense because he didn't. But in reality, I just failed really hard at reading your post and was totally wrong."
Oh, let's see how my post is so difficult to read, hm?
"It's flattering to know that my scum game was so pretty you are now paranoid of my town-game,
but I assure you, this is a town game for me.

Thanks for being so receptive, too. If anything, that puts you in a much townier pile for me."
That's strange, because the bold makes it seem a lot like I'm trying to convince Eddie that this is my town game, rather than my scum game.
Furthermore, the context of Eddie's Post where he OUTRIGHT calls me scum makes it impossible to misread this post. Keep up with the lies, you're falling apart.
People get tired, you know. There's a reason I'm v/l and restricted to phone posts every single weekend, and that's because I work 15-18 hour days. It makes me p loopy.
A weak, scummy excuse. If you're on VLA/Restricted play, why don't you have a VLA banner, or have your sig say something about it? This is the first I've heard about how hard it is for you to contribute. Actually, I thought you were playing pretty thoroughly and diligently before--what happened to that? If real life is so demanding, then you should replace out of the game. If it's not, don't lie about it. Furthermore, if you're trying to take this stance of being weaker due to tiredness and restricted to phone posts, then why should I give your other posts credence and value but devalue the ones you make here?
LOL

That's literally maybe the worst vote all game, except for your other vote on me because I'm "mean." And there have been some bad fucking votes.
Oh, cool, an insult, followed by an AtE/insult, followed by an even greater insult. My original vote on you was explained for several reasons other than you being "mean". This is another attack on my character that I won't stand for--not because it assaults me, but because it discredits my contributions to the game through diminished value put on them. It's practically censorship, and that's scummy out of control.
My Titus case is a thing of beauty, just so you know. It's pretty perfect and I'm pretty sure he's fucking scum.
I've already punched holes in your Titus case. It relies on weak tells and is largely based in a realm of WIFOM. It's not perfect, not indicative of alignment, and pretty poor. No use in swearing here, which, by-the-by, is a modifier of emphasis. You're trying to convince me Titus is scum based on weak info I don't believe. This is scummy.
And I swear to God, if you ignore any more context, I might just scream.
AtE, and I'm not ignoring context, so that's another assault on me. :P
You're probably town, so it's really fucking frustrating that your scumhunting amounts to shitting the bed and rolling in it.
The nail in the coffin. You've been fence-sitting on me for most of the day, but largely leaning scum on my slot, if I remember correctly. This final attempt to simultaneously buddy and censor me isn't going to work. You're realizing more competent players are confirming/reading me as town in this game and so you've given in to that, rather than trusting your reads and pressuring them. If I was such a weak voice and you such a seasoned player, wouldn't you, as town, try to figure out my alignment through more straightforward means? No, you've sheeped others and tried to buddy me here without putting in real work to detect if I was town. Instead, you're sweating under my suspicion and hoping calling me town will force me off of you--all while discrediting my scum-hunting.

You're scum, and a menace to town. This day is 20+ pages due to the WIFOM/case you've made on Titus.

Vote: Amrum

Die.
I dunno, Jabarkus, this case really isn't doing it for me. Besides the issues I have with implying that Amrun is using real-life problems as an excuse for scum play and implying that a more competent player would read you as town, then acting all righteous about any perceived slight on your character, the argument that Amrun trying to convince you that Titus is scum based on evidence you don't agree with is scummy doesn't sit well either. The ending bit that blames Amrun for the suze of the game
In post 585, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:
In post 576, Amrun wrote:So he's town for reading you as town?

Allow me to explain why this post is scummy.
I've already highlighted why it isn't a misinterpretation of my play.

This is a fence-sitting attempt. Amrum is calling me out for being scummy with what would normally pass as a towny way of discerning level-2 Scum.
However, knowing that I'm reading Eddie as town for other reasons--as is evident in the two-post exchange between Eddie and Jabarkas, it's obvious that the accusation falls short.
Instead, it can only be a scummy attempt to put false accusations on my back while looking town for doing it.
Notice that Amrum doesn't pressure me with a vote, or further this case, but leaves it at that, as if waiting for other players to agree.
The fact that there's no sincerity to this accusation, and nothing that might personally implicate Amrum had it been true, leads me to believe it is a scum move, as well.

Amrum, you're scum.
Get lynched.

@Rift Adrift: Buddy harder. Your post is a poor contribution to this game as well. You don't highlight what is wrong with my vote, or refute my logic. You simply called my vote dumb. Don't worry, you're not far from the chopping block either.

-V
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 am

Post by oriole »

And I accidentally hit submit, thanks phone. I'll try to continue what I was writing and respond to the other post in my next post.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:24 am

Post by oriole »

Ok. So blaming Amrun for the size of the game as if that's scummy is a poor argument and I'm not sure where you're trying to go with it. It seems like non sequitur to me.

Second post:
Not immediately voting you with that post isn't a scum move, and would actually be consistent with the later post calling you probably town. Are you calling Rift Adrift scummy for buddying Amrun (as in they're buddying their scum buddy Amrun)? That's probably more of a play style thing (the buddying), and they've been pretty clear that they're buddying.

Let me see if my vote is still good on Stubbs.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:14 am

Post by oriole »

In post 643, StubbsKVM wrote:
In post 640, TiphaineDeath wrote:I don't really feel the need to respond to most of the bolded shit he put it, because most of it is just.

"You're wrong."
"Yes I did."
"I already answered this."
or "Dafuq is dis shit?"

The one I will answer however is "mislynch fail in a guy with no votes." I dunno if you've been playing this game for long enough to realize this yet stubbs, but I'll let you in on a little secret. Votes, mean nothing. Right up until about L-1, votes mean nothing unless you let them mean something. Opinions matter. I can go from having a bunch of people on the fence about a guy, all voting in different directions, say, three votes on three different people. Two one person, at nine votes, lynched, in a matter of days. Votes-mean-nothing. Not to mention that as often as not at high levels votes only even fucking exist in the early stages for reaction tests. I'm going to assume your 2013 join date means you just haven't grasped this fact yet and not use it as yet another point against you, but it's a good thing to learn if you can wrap your head around it.
I appreciate the advice.

Regardless, I seem to have a completely different mindset than you do. Why? I have no idea. I can understand Why you think I need rope. I just don't agree with it. This day has only just started, so don't rush this. Take the time to evaluate those who are not on your radar right now. I you still feel like Lynching me at the end of the day, then so be it. At least you'll have the information you need for day 2.
This just reads like a scum claim to me.

"I seem to have a completely different mindset than you."
"I can understand why you think I need rope. I just don't agree with it."

Compare this with this earlier,
In post 520, StubbsKVM wrote:So now you're begging people to vote me?
What have I done to deserve such an honour?
Where Stubbs does not understand why Tiphane wants to lynch him (this was posted before the case was). I don't like the subdued posts after the case is posted about how if you want to lynch me it's OK, but first look at everyone else, when before he seemed rather indignant and challenging about why he was being voted.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by oriole »

Quick update:

Sorry about my general lack of activity so far. Tomorrow my vacation ends, and I'll be flying home. My plane supposedly has wifi, so during the flight I'll be able to go through the thread and put together notes, so expect a large catch-up post from me in the next 1-2 days.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:46 am

Post by oriole »

Ok, I've completed my catch-up. I've got some notes, and I think I'll just take a picture of them and upload them because I don't want to type up 5 pages of notes on my phone.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: EddieFenix
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by oriole »

Notes dump:

I apologize for my shitty handwriting. I'll translate them if required.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by oriole »

Yeah, just wanted to get them up quick and I was on a plane, so...

I'll get better versions up tomorrow.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by oriole »

@Metal Sonic - I was on a plane (you can actually see the airline safety card in the last pic), so paper was easier than typing out on my phone.

More condensed version:

Town:
Amrun - strong, consistent scumhunting and cases that make sense to me
TiphaneDeath - tunneled, but made cases while doing so and backed up reads
Titus - Reminds me of Newbie 1396, and I'm willing to swallow the whole "shot" business. The rofl scum read seems like it would unnecessarily draw attention to her as scum.
roflcopter - Disagree with Titus on the whole can't see trajectory point, it's there (see and )
Slandaar - Attentive (first to point out Baezu's post), strong defense of Stubbs

Leaning Town:
BROseidon - overall, comes off as sincere and town
Xiao - I believe the exchanges with Amrun are town vs. town, but the posting style (mostly of Jabarkus) annoys me.
Rift Adrift - Generally been proactive and been forthcoming with reads

Null:
Metal Sonic - I don't see anything inherantly scummy about him calling elvis VI Town and has offered some reads
Stubbs - I like his later posts more. I think when I kept my vote on him earlier I was looking for reasons to keep my vote on him rather than moving my vote elsewhere
PeregrineV - This read was before his giant catch-up, so I'll have to go back and read that.
ArcAngel9 - To be honest, I'm not really sure what to make of her current posts, so I need more.

Leaning Scum:
one of {Ghostly/Aunt Jemina} - I'm unsettled by the insistence on multiball from AJ. The inclusion of Metal Sonic in with two of her scum reads was strange. My problems with the Ghostly hydra are mainly the long time it took to come up with a suspect worth a vote, and the reversal of reads on RA read similar to something they attacked RA for earlier in the game. Overall, they've been pushing each other hard while leaving their votes elsewhere, which I find a little strange.
Baezu - Prior to her catch-up, so I'll have to make sure this is current. I had Baezu higher than elvis because it seemed odd for Baezu to attack someone who had been generally defending her instead of one of the other lurkers/easy targets.

Scum:
elvis_knits - In , says she'll work on a more concise and conclusive post, but I don't see any following. There's also been the attacks on Xiao/Titus/Tiphane and calling lurker lynches bad while voting for Metal Sonic.
Zoidberg - There's a bunch of fence-sitting early and asking people to sell him on wagons, followed by him focusing on Stubbs. I feel like he found and selected a safe target to go after. I'll need to go over why Rift Adrift thinks he's town, though.
EddieFenix - His posts were just reads lists early. He made a big deal over how Tiphane was totally off his radar and couldn't read him, only to vote him his next post with the reason being he didn't like a question asked. He heavily implied AJ was scum in , but backed down on it when pressed in .
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:56 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1442, Baezu wrote:I actually agree with this, too.
In post 1256, Amrun wrote:Apparently I'm in the minority for thinking pv's catchup is scummy. He has no scumreads except a weak one on elvis, which is qualified with "these posts look the same as this other time when I thought she was scum BUT SHE WAS TOWN." WTF.
In post 1238, Slandaar wrote:If downtown were scum he would have voted from that section.

PV is town btw.
Actually I think his reads list makes him looks pretty scummy imo. Why would you call him town based on his reads list, Slandaar?
In post 1307, roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: broseidon
rofl - could you explain why you immediately jumped on this vote?
I don't like anything about this post.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Baezu
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by oriole »

@Titus
In post 1195, Baezu wrote: Amrun I'm feeling is getting scummier as we go. Page 35 is just a mess and his arguments with titus are baseless. The way he's tunneling on me and keeps referring to my flip just comes across as so scummy.
In post 1442, Baezu wrote:I actually agree with this, too.
In post 1256, Amrun wrote:Apparently I'm in the minority for thinking pv's catchup is scummy. He has no scumreads except a weak one on elvis, which is qualified with "these posts look the same as this other time when I thought she was scum BUT SHE WAS TOWN." WTF.
In post 1238, Slandaar wrote:If downtown were scum he would have voted from that section.

PV is town btw.
Actually I think his reads list makes him looks pretty scummy imo. Why would you call him town based on his reads list, Slandaar?
In her last catch-up, Baezu called Amrun scummier as the game goes on and coming across as scummy. Yet she immediately turns around and used one of Amrun's posts to go after Slandaar and PV, saying she agreed with calling PV scummy based off of the catch-up, turning it into her own opinion ("I think the reads list makes him look pretty scummy
imo
").
In post 1195, Baezu wrote:
In post 1307, roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: broseidon
rofl - could you explain why you immediately jumped on this vote?
This question is just passive-aggressive discrediting.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by oriole »

No, she's agreeing with Amrun that PV is scummy. Slandaar was calling PV town.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 1151, 4nxi3ty wrote:
StubbsKVM (4) - oriole, Zoidberg, Rift Adrift, TiphaineDeath
roflcopter (1) - ArcAngel9
Zoidberg (1) - StubbsKVM
EddieFenix (1) - BROseidon
Baezu
(5)
-
Amrun
, Aunt Jemina, Slandaar, Metal Sonic, PeregrineV
TiphaineDeath (1) - EddieFenix
Metal Sonic (1) - elvis_knits
elvis_knits (3) - Baezu, Ghostly Penguin, roflcopter
Aunt Jemina (1) - Xiao Long

Not Voting (1) - Titus

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.
(expired on 2013-08-09 10:28:34)
In post 1327, Amrun wrote:I re-read it and yes, he is literally defending himself by calling himself a low frequency poster. I can't even...

VOTE: broseidon
Here's the reason I don't like Baezu agreeing with Amrun, Titus. That post where Baezu calls Amrun scummy goes right in between those two posts, and Baezu agreeing with Amrun goes after. The post is also used to go after Slandaar's calling of PV town. Slandaar is currently on Baezu's wagon. Meanwhile, Ghostly Penguin is her strongest townread. Look which wagon Ghostly's on.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by oriole »

This is the game based off of Baezu's at the time of the post, Titus.
In post 1151, 4nxi3ty wrote:
StubbsKVM (4) - oriole, Zoidberg,
Rift Adrift
TiphaineDeath

Zoidberg (1) -
StubbsKVM

EddieFenix (1) - BROseidon
Baezu
(5)
-
Amrun
Aunt Jemina
, Slandaar, Metal Sonic, PeregrineV
Metal Sonic (1) -
elvis_knits

elvis_knits (3) -
Baezu
Ghostly Penguin
, roflcopter
Aunt Jemina (1) -
Xiao Long

Not Voting (1) -
Titus

Now that Amrun is off Baezu's wagon (the BROseidon vote), Baezu agrees with her. Don't like that.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:03 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1601, Zoidberg wrote:Ok so therefore it makes sense to lynch bro, and then if he flips town powerwagon slandaar tomorrow. Guaranteed to get a scum either way.
I have no idea how you've reached this conclusion.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:12 am

Post by oriole »

Zoidberg, you're going to have to explain where this powerlynch Slandaar stuff comes from. This is pretty much your only prior mention of him, and it's more than 1000 posts ago.
In post 536, Zoidberg wrote:Stream of consciousness as I'm catching up....

-Not liking adrift's blatant buddying, not one bit.
-Tiphaine can you please explain to me wtf is going on with you? If you can confirm a townie, IMO that's a good thing to hardclaim rather than leave it in wifom-land.
-Ok 2 pages later Tiphaine looks pretty town
-Titus seems to have a gift for sowing discord
-Stubbs' post is a very bizarre and abrupt departure from the discussion. Why bring up a traitor? Why is he choosing to de-rail that conversation with role spec? I find the idea that a mafia traitor that had been recruited could somehow mistake recruitment for a dayvig to be laughable. slip?
-I still can't read slandaar at all
-Not liking Stubbs' going back to RVS in order to find reason for a vote... there are plenty of more relevant things happening. Feels like he's reaching.
-505 is scumtastic. TD is p town, and I don't see Titus being scum unless TD is also scum. "Too chaotic" is a cop-out for "I can't find a good reason not to town-read him" and I don't like the way he says the TD-Titus thing is "weird" but then decides to purposely ignore it while calling Titus scum.
-520, not understanding why he got caught, etc.

Having caught up I'd happily stand in line for a lynch on any of:

Stubbs
PerV
Slandaar
Eddie
Rift
Jabakaswhatever
Baezu
Arcangel

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Stubbs
Even here it's "I still can't read Slandaar".
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:48 am

Post by oriole »

If Rift Adrift was trying to include cops in the town block, and I'm not sure why, why wouldn't Slandaar be in it?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:21 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1619, Zoidberg wrote:Oh, I'd never heard of dethy but I see why that works, now.

STILL seems pretty over-powered in my opinion. We have 4 cops that will eventually be able to confirm themselves.

UNVOTE: while I ponder this
What do you think of this, RA?

I'd choose both BRO and Ghostly as scum before MS in the dethy.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 1659, Titus wrote:Nah, I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic was scum. He's claiming to be a handwriting expert and handwriting can show a lot but I'm pretty sure there's no handwriting test for deception. Sure there's duress and other things but deception, I think not.

I think you're taking things a bit too seriously here.
In post 1659, Titus wrote: Plus, he's not really contributing here. I could see the cops making a stronger argument for Town!Sonic because they see his qt chat. I however, do think Scum!Sonic is possible.
Do you have any reason to distrust the evidence presented by the cops? They've summarized what they found town in the qt.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1674, Ghostly Penguin wrote: Oriole, you had BRO leaning town, me leaning scum dependent in AJ, and MS as null. How is MS now townier than BRO?
I haven't terribly liked BRO's defense. It seems to be based on
a) the Jobpick meta
b) Math on lynching inside the dethy,

and I don't really think it's centered too much on
this
game rather than others and game theory.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:23 am

Post by oriole »

I'm aware that we shouldn't be lynching inside the dethy.

It's a defense of why we shouldn't lynch you, not one of why you aren't scum.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1769 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1604, BROseidon wrote:IF THERE ARE 5 SCUM

1/5=20% FROM OUTSIDER PERSPECTIVE, 1/4 FOR US IN THE GROUP=25%

4/14 DETHY-GROUP CHANCE=>25%, 4/13 REST OF TOWN=HIGHER.

YOU CAN'T ALL BE THIS BAD AT MATH.
Also, this math argument is reliant on there being 5 scum. Why? If there are 4 or less,
it's mathematically favorable for them to lynch inside the dethy.

(3/14) Dethy group chance = 21%, (3/13) Rest of town = 23%.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 am

Post by oriole »

And that's 4 more townies than it's optimal for with 5 scum.

Your argument in that post wasn't "Dethy can be broken anyways". It was "It's mathematically favorable to lynch outside of dethy."

No response to these?
In post 1766, Amrun wrote:Math based on information we don't know (how many scum there are) is irrelevantX. If anything, your insistence on it hints at inside information.
In post 1767, oriole wrote:I'm aware that we shouldn't be lynching inside the dethy.

It's a defense of why we shouldn't lynch you, not one of why you aren't scum.
In post 1768, Amrun wrote:Ding ding ding.

His defense also includes "man, I'm a lurker, so you should lynch this other lurker instead."
They're all more relevant to your play this game.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by oriole »

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Zoidberg wagon, but I'm going to go over things again.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by oriole »

VOTE: Zoidberg

I'd really like to see AJ come through with the meta on Ghostly Penguin, though. Most of her argument is based off of the meta, so not providing the meta leaves the case incomplete.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2013 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2010, Titus wrote:Zoidberg isn't here or claiming. The weekend is long over. This convinces me that Zoidberg doesn't have a good claim.
...Or, you could just check his posts/profile and see he hasn't been on the site in 2 days.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by oriole »

Last visited:Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 pm
P-edit: That's not the point. He hasn't been on the site since he was put at L-1 to see he needs to claim.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 391, EddieFenix wrote:Titus - Town
Rift Adrift - Town
Zoidberg - Town

Slandaar - Town/Null
Brosiden - Town/Null
Amrun - Town/Null

Ghost - Null
elvis - Null
Oriole - Null
PeregrineV - Null
AA9 - Null
StubbsKVM - Null
Baezu - Null

R. Wolf - Null/Scum

Rofl - Scum
Jabarkas Mayonnaise (hydra) - Scum

TD - town/null/scum? (My brain right now... Fuckin hurts worse from reading... Damn Pg.14...)

If this game moves at 16 pages again in a matter of 12 hrs before I can read it, I will flip/cut bitches.
In post 562, EddieFenix wrote:Titus - Town - Call me crazy, but I just think he's town.
Rift Adrift - Town. Not played very many games with this Hydra, but the overall feeling for me is town.
Zoidberg - Town. Gut.

Slandaar - Town/Null. Gut.
Brosiden - Town/Null. Looks townie to me at least.
Amrun - Town/Null. His back and forth with Titus makes me like him as town.

Null reads - I need more activity to sort them out. So for now, they stay null.

R. Wolf - Null/Scum - Honestly gut feeling on him right now. Just the come in, doing a post and then leaving left a bad taste.

Rofl - Scum.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise (hydra) - Scum - Buddying, WIFOM'ing. People accusing me that I should KNOW Varsoon's mafia to his town play REALLY don't seem to understand how I play this game.

TD - town/null/scum? I'm leaning heavy town, but I also want to say scum because something in the back of my head is telling me to...
[/b]
Well. While the slot has been replaced, I'm still leaning towards eddie scum. There's not much to go off of from this slot, but these reads are pretty off. Moreso, Eddie later went after TD because he "didn't like a question" about multi-ball. My vote's going here.

VOTE: Natirasha
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2162 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1601, Zoidberg wrote:Ok so therefore it makes sense to lynch bro, and then if he flips town powerwagon slandaar tomorrow. Guaranteed to get a scum either way.
This doesn't look like bussing, Muffin. I'm pretty sure that Slandaar and Zoidberg aren't scum together.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2219, Natirasha wrote:
In post 2210, PeregrineV wrote:I don't like this reasoning. It might be that your target died, but the fact you choose the same player out of 16 that the scum did to kill rankles me.
This is a slip, no?
Then what do you think of this from AJ?
In post 2213, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2191, Ghostly Penguin wrote:We investigated TD and got back innocent.
How convenient it is that Deathy is dead and was practically confirmed town when alive (
thus probably one of the main reasons that Deathy was nightkilled
). I must re-emphasize how this investigation is about as close to a classic scum investigation as you can get.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 am

Post by oriole »

In post 782, elvis_knits wrote:Ok well i went looking back for the D1 lurker hunters and noticed metalsonic's appearance.

He jumped on the biggest bandwagon with no reasoning and no other reads.

He's scum.

VOTE: metalsonic

:Goes back looking for the D1 lurker lynchers:

Find roflcopter. But I like roflcopter. :,( This isn't enough for me to say rofl is scum, but i'm surprised he would want to do that since lurker lynches on D1 are not productive. Rofl, come vote metalsonic.
In post 750, Zoidberg wrote:Yes, I feel pretty confident in saying the odds of one of the lurkers being scum is pretty much 100%

I want Stubbs to answer my Q tho, before I consider moving on.

Pedit: yeah I'll happily vote baezu too
^^Also this. Opportunistic scum.
Metal Sonic had 4 posts at the time of this post.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:23 am

Post by oriole »

Really, I'd much rather just lynch Natirasha (that's where my vote is). Eddie's content was abysmal, and Natirasha hasn't really done much except vote-parking on Amrun and pursuing a slip that was proven to be null.

@Muffin- I think you said it yourself. If elvis didn't realize that MS was a lurker at that point, there's no way she would have realized she was doing something blatantly contradictory.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 am

Post by oriole »

In post 2281, zMuffinMan wrote:@oriole,

Perhaps I'm not being clear enough in what I mean.

You agree that it's likely elvis didn't realise it was self-contradictory, right?

If she didn't realise that MS was a lurker, then she voted MS thinking that MS was simply scum trying to get away with a lurker lynch. Do you think this is scummy? If so, why? If not, then you must simply think elvis was scum for ~reasons~.
Yes, I would agree with you that elvis didn't realize that she was being contradictory.

Metal Sonic's vote was on Stubbs, who was/is not a lurker.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 am

Post by oriole »

Yo, Rift, talk to me.
In post 1887, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Zoidberg
(7)
- Titus, Ghostly Penguin, Rift Adrift, TiphaineDeath, Aunt Jemina, BROseidon, roflcopter
Baezu (4) - oriole, Xiao Long, Amrun, Zoidberg
elvis_knits (1) - PeregrineV
BROseidon (4) - Slandaar, StubbsKVM, Metal Sonic
Aunt Jemina (1) - Baezu

Not Voting (0) -

In post 1878, Titus wrote:
Mod: Is the scum player allowed to share the link to the deathy QT with the other scums?
Any QTs links are not allowed to be shared.
In post 1921, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Zoidberg (4) - TiphaineDeath, Aunt Jemina, BROseidon, roflcopter
Baezu (2) - oriole, Zoidberg
BROseidon (1) - StubbsKVM
Aunt Jemina
(6)
- Baezu, Amrun, Ghostly Penguin, Xiao Long, Rift Adrift, Metal Sonic
EddieFenix (1) - Slandaar
Amrun (1) - Titus

Not Voting (0) -

Prodding ArcAngel9.
In post 1989, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Zoidberg
(8)
- TiphaineDeath, Aunt Jemina, BROseidon, roflcopter, Titus, oriole, Rift Adrift, StubbsKVM
Baezu (1) - Zoidberg
Aunt Jemina (5) - Baezu, Amrun, Ghostly Penguin, Xiao Long, Metal Sonic
EddieFenix (1) - Slandaar

Not Voting (0) -

Remind me why you changed your vote to AJ when there was a wagon there over Zoidberg?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:15 am

Post by oriole »

In post 2301, roflcopter wrote:i'm gonna claim in the qt tonight because my result will not change how we play day two one lick and it hopefully deprives the scum of enough information to accurately pick out the sane/insane cops from the naive/paranoid cops
Wouldn't they get your result anyways when you claim in the QT?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2341 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by oriole »

So I'm just about ready to clear BRO and rofl from the Dethy group.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2343 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2342, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 2341, oriole wrote:So I'm just about ready to clear BRO and rofl from the Dethy group.
yes.

how do you feel about Slandaar?
Towniest of the three remaining. Scum's probably between Ghostly and Metal Sonic.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2345 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by oriole »

I'm going to guess Amrun. What's your read on her again?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2026, Zoidberg wrote:I had some posts to make as I caught up but they don't seem to matter now.

GG
I would have hammered if I wasn't already on after this post, tbf. It's fantastically scummy.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2350 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2329, zMuffinMan wrote: As for Eddie's slot, I'm now thinking could be town. This is
mostly
due to the fact that when I looked back over Eddie's links to Zoidberg, I just thought it was too fucking blatant to be scum-scum interaction. On top of the fact that Eddie spent the entire game calling Zoidberg a gut town read, this post from Zoidberg made me double-take and rethink my read on Eddie altogether. It's too blatant. I don't buy that Zoidberg as scum wants to create a link that obvious between him and the Eddie slot. Also Natirasha's posts have generally given me town vibes, so I'm leaning town overall on this slot at the moment.
I disagree with this. Zoidberg's attack on BRO has been explained as trying to manipulate dethy paranoia, and Eddie's actual scumminess didn't play too much into the argument. Eddie's read lists are 0-3 so far with three flips, he didn't take strong stances on people, and these posts are pretty bad together :down:
In post 911, EddieFenix wrote:Must be sniffing up the right trees if AJ is coming in and being worried about me. I like that *evil grin*
In post 916, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 913, TiphaineDeath wrote:Eddie wat's your read on AJ.
Just replaced in with only 4 posts. Gonna give them the time to get rooted into the game a bit more before casting them into either pile. I did, however, have that slot at null/scum. Let's see if they can change my mind on it.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2351 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2349, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
I'd like to do something provocative, and insist on a moratorium on lynching last night's investigation targets.

I wish to not disclose the reasons why.
Who do you think is the most likely scum in the Dethy?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2356 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2355, Titus wrote:Yeah, I think Amrun and Ghostly are pretty much tied at the hip. Amrun seems to be the major wagon right now. Ghostly defends the crap out of Amrun and then says let's not lynch the investigation targets but doesn't say why. He says it's for reasons. Frankly, lynching Amrun would be a huge benefit in terms of finding out Ghostly's alignment IMO.
Yeah, Amrun's not the major wagon. There's 2 wagons tied with Amrun and one with more votes as of the last votecount.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:04 am

Post by oriole »

Oh dear god.

Slandaar: Innocent on Titus
Ghostly: Innocent on TD
Metal Sonic: Innocent on Stubbs
BRO: Guilty on Amrun
roflcopter: Won't share result

Here's the thing. All of those innocents look correct. That probably clears BRO and rofl right off the bat as the two paranoid/insane.
At this point, if we're looking for sane or scum, why even scan outside of the dethy?
If we do something like Ghostly scans Metal Sonic, who scans Slandaar, who scans Ghostly, we force the scum to go for sane or naive, and clear another, bringing the suspect list down to two.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (isolation #48) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 am

Post by oriole »

Wait, even better.
We can solve the dethy tonight.

Scans should go in the order

Ghostly --> Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic --> Slandaar
Slandaar --> Ghostly

If 2 innocents and 1 guilty come back, the guilty is the scum investigated by the sane cop.
If 1 innocents and 2 guiltys come back, the innocent is cleared as naive. Now, whichever cop had a guilty on the cleared as naive cop is scum.
If anything else happens, there's something catastrophically wrong with reads on Titus or Stubbs.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 am

Post by oriole »

In post 2387, Slandaar wrote:No that doesn't work.

Rofl you need to post your result.
Yeah, forgot about naive cop investigating scum

That's embarrassing. Disregard.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2428 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2426, Titus wrote:Lynching Amrun would do a whole lot as we'd have a confirmed piece of the puzzle. I can also state that Slandaar cannot be insane. Most should eliminate that possibility due to TD saying we are confirmed town.

That leaves Bro/rofl/ms as insane. Let's suppose for a moment that rofl got a guilty on Amrun. In order for Amrun to be innocent, then both Bro/rofl would have to be paranoid AND insane. Lynching Amrun confirms that for the deathy. Yet revealing that might cause scum to abandon their teammate.

If Amrun flips innocent, then Stubbs is guilty.

So let's suppose the other way.

Rofl checked Amrun and got an innocent. Bro is the only guilty and confirmed paranoid.

That leaves MS and Rofl as the possible insane. Remember, Ghostly cannot be insane and I know that Slandaar is not insane. If Rofl and MS are the possible insane, then either Amrun or Stubbs is guilty. Rofl votes Amrun supposing he's insane.

Basically, this analysis confirms that either Stubbs is guilty or Amrun is IMO.
If Stubbs is innocent (as are you), BRO/rofl
are
the paranoid/insane pair, though.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2481 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am

Post by oriole »

In post 2477, Natirasha wrote:You realize I threw away my whole argument on PV, right? I even explained my thought process in-thread. In addition, I didn't change my vote to him or anything. To make judgment on either of our alignments is completely and fully bullshit, seriously. I can understand how one could find me scummy--I happen to have been setup day one by being chainsawed by known scum, in addition to replacing a slot who's best posts are unsubstantiated reads. But, please, utilize the actual arguments as opposed to semi-theorycraft that even the person who brought it up threw out.

I'm sorry I'm not particularly good at making arguments and cases(that is, putting my arguments into words). I find when I try to write paragraphs, my language gets all flowery and I start speaking in metaphor >.<

That last statement may or may not be mostly excuses. The crux of it is that I am very brief. Sorry.
The thing is, most of what you've done is

A) Tunnel Amrun
B) The slip conversation

So when we talk about your contributions, the slip thinking does play a part in it.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:50 am

Post by oriole »

@Mod: Are the vote totals accurate?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (isolation #53) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by oriole »

OK Muffin, here's the deal.

You're going after Slandaar for backing off of Titus early.
You're going after Amrun for backing off of Titus late.

What then, in your opinion, would have been an appropriate reaction re:Titus?
In post 2513, Natirasha wrote:From what I've seen, Zoidberg Chainsaw'd my slot day one. We have Zoidberg's alignment(scum) and it'd be foolish to not take that into considerations.

I didn't even notice Slandarr's named wasn't Slardar until now >.> I just read his ISO, I don't like what I see.

Guys, I'm starting to doubt my Amrun read...Help, give me strength to keep up the tunnel!
Posts like this are why I want to lynch you.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2519 (isolation #54) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by oriole »

Remind me why you're voting PV again?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2524 (isolation #55) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by oriole »

>Complains that game is moving slow
>Doesn't do anything to stimulate more discussion/activity
>???
>More activity?

Seriously MS, at least Ghostly is trying to discuss stuff, not just poking in every once in a while begging for an Amrun lynch.

@Titus- considering both BRO and Slandaar haven't posted in a while and rofl just got prodded, I'm not sure what you're getting at.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2526 (isolation #56) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by oriole »

Spoiler: Amrun case main points?
In post 2150, zMuffinMan wrote: Amrun is probably my strongest scum read at the moment. From the very beginning of the game, a lot of her posts felt extremely empty - there was a lot of clashing with other players for reasons that weren't very good, and she was writing a lot of relatively lengthy posts, perhaps to give the appearance that she was actively scum hunting, but when you break down the content of those posts, there was really no scum hunting effort in any of them. Her push on Titus in the early game (#75) was really, really weak, and I'm surprised not very many people were calling her out on this - that post in particular was full of exaggerations and misrepresentations and if Amrun were actually town, I'd expect her to realise how weak her push here was. I probably wouldn't have cared about this all that much, but she continued with the Titus bullshit for the next 10 pages and the reasons never got any better (#253 is another example of this). After Titus soft-claimed his role, for pretty much the entirety of p14 and p15, Amrun was basically rolefishing, trying to get whatever additional information she could - while I don't find this in itself particularly scummy (it's possible she was curious town), it was more the way that she was doing it that was scummy. I also have #535 listed as one of her scummiest posts - here her reason for jumping on Baezu felt fake, particularly the whole "oh, damn, titus is so scum, but I like this wagon so much!" crap.

Also there are interactions with Zoidberg that I think are likely scum-scum interaction. The first one I have noted is #190+#193 - this particular interaction isn't really all that telling, but I found the "towncred" line in #190 weird and zoidberg's reaction to it looked like something he'd say in response to a scum buddy. I felt #659 was rather strange, seeing as prior to this post, the only mention of Zoidberg was in #253 (where he was meh) and she hadn't even really mentioned Zoidberg apart from this - surely if there were some scummy things she noticed, she would have brought them up at some point. And the final piece of interaction I noted as strange between Zoidberg and Amrun was Zoidberg's #690 - the way he soft-defended Amrun here and tried to garner support for the Stubbs wagon instead felt like something likely to come from scum partners. Oh, and I'd also like to urge people who haven't already done so to go back and actually look at Amrun's hammer post closely - it felt extremely fucking fake. Not only did the 180 on her read on Zoidberg seem weird, but at the very least I expect Amrun-town would ask for a claim or verify whether a claim had happened before hammering. I'm not too sure exactly how much time to the deadline there was, though, but even so, that whole post felt contrived.
In post 2329, zMuffinMan wrote: Amrun remains my strongest scum read at the moment. On top of everything I mentioned about here back on p87, the only notable thing I have to add is that I thought her reaction to the dethy reveal was scummy. Specifically the fact that she wanted to lynch from the dethy group on D1, which I think betrayed her scum mindset. Remember back when everyone saw how obvious Zoidberg was being with the whole BRO then Slandaar thing? Amrun did something similar to this minus the setting up lynches part. I think town-Amrun would have known that lynching from the dethy group was a ridiculously bad idea, and this slipped her mind.
In post 2122, Titus wrote:Amrun's vote list

Elvis now zMuffin
Random vote doesn't count

Jabarkas
town

Titus
town

Tiphanie (sort of) - Voted me in the same post
1/2 town vote

Titus
town

Baezu
?

Stubbs
Probable town

Bro
Town according to Amrun now

Aunt Jemina
? - Major Anti Zoidberg wagon

Zoid - Sudden Flip Hammer
Suspicious scum vote, given rapid defense

Natirasha - Formerly EddieFenix

Amrun's votes and in fact his total behavior suggests an attempt to break up the town block between Xiao myself and TD. The problem is the joke is on them considering two of the three votes are still in play.

I find it odd that Romeo (TD) is voting Slandaar. I think I am going to review Slandaar's comments at the start of the Zoidberg trigger to see if there is anything there.
In post 2426, Titus wrote:Lynching Amrun would do a whole lot as we'd have a confirmed piece of the puzzle. I can also state that Slandaar cannot be insane. Most should eliminate that possibility due to TD saying we are confirmed town.

That leaves Bro/rofl/ms as insane. Let's suppose for a moment that rofl got a guilty on Amrun. In order for Amrun to be innocent, then both Bro/rofl would have to be paranoid AND insane. Lynching Amrun confirms that for the deathy. Yet revealing that might cause scum to abandon their teammate.

If Amrun flips innocent, then Stubbs is guilty.

So let's suppose the other way.

Rofl checked Amrun and got an innocent. Bro is the only guilty and confirmed paranoid.

That leaves MS and Rofl as the possible insane. Remember, Ghostly cannot be insane and I know that Slandaar is not insane. If Rofl and MS are the possible insane, then either Amrun or Stubbs is guilty. Rofl votes Amrun supposing he's insane.

Basically, this analysis confirms that either Stubbs is guilty or Amrun is IMO.

So I'm just grabbing these so I can make sure to go through them when it's not 1:30 in the morning. If I'm missing any super important ones, just quote them or point them to me.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2555 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:51 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1802, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Baezu
(9)
- Aunt Jemina, Metal Sonic, oriole, BROseidon, Xiao Long, TiphaineDeath, Rift Adrift, Amrun, Zoidberg
In post 2046, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Zoidberg (10) - TiphaineDeath, Aunt Jemina, BROseidon, roflcopter, Titus, oriole, Rift Adrift, StubbsKVM, Ghostly Penguin, Amrun
People on both wagons:

Aunt Jemina
oriole
BRO

TiphaineDeath

Rift Adrift
Amrun

People on Zoidberg's wagon but not Baezu's:

roflcopter
Titus

StubbsKVM
Ghostly Penguin

People on Baezu's wagon but not Zoidberg's:

Metal Sonic
Xiao Long

Zoidberg

People on neither wagon:

Baezu
Natirasha
Slandaar
AA9
PV
zMuffinMan

I think it's worth noting that Ghostly had intent to hammer Baezu (as did Titus, if I remember correctly). PV had intent to hammer Zoidberg. Metal Sonic's relative position in all this is pretty poor. I think the (relative) most likely bus was Aunt Jemina, but overall I see a lot of town players on the wagon.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2557 (isolation #58) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:19 am

Post by oriole »

Zoidberg vote history

roflcopter (L-7)
→ Stubbs (L-7) →
BRO (L-9)
Baezu (L-1)

I have no reason to believe that Stubbs isn't town (based on this, among other things). I'll go do one for Amrun.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2558 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 am

Post by oriole »

Amrun Day 1 vote history:

elvis (L-9) →
Xiao (L-7)
Titus (L-8)
Baezu (L-5)
→ Stubbs (L-4) →
Baezu (L-8)
BRO (L-7)
Baezu (L-3)
BRO (L-6)
Baezu (L-2)
→ Aunt Jemina (L-8) →
Zoidberg (L-0)

I don't see the whole trying to break up the Titus/Xiao/TD townblock stuff, and that seems rather biased to me. elvis was much more persistent about being suspicious of that townblock.

Really, I just see support for two wagons, and when Baezu became clearly town, she left that wagon to Aunt Jemina. The hammer itself is null after Zoidberg's shit-tastic .
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (isolation #60) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by oriole »

Natirasha, is your ability a day or night ability (i.e. can you prove yourself today, or do we need to give you a night)?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2634 (isolation #61) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by oriole »

Hmm. My main worry is that role-stealing *does* sound like a way to counter a lot of town power roles in a setup.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2674 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:45 am

Post by oriole »

Would rather just lynch Natirasha today. I don't see any benefit in giving him a night to use his action if we're going to lynch him anyways, and that role sounds like a scum role.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2699 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2603, Titus wrote:
Natirasha, can you eat dead roles?
Was this ever answered?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2703 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by oriole »

Then there's no town utility to the role. If it can't be used as a universal backup, I don't see *what* it could be used for. Meanwhile, there is a huge scum utility to the role, and it's negating something from the dethy or canceling out a town power role.

@rofl - Yes or no, did you perform a successful scan last night?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2704 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by oriole »

Err. It's very limited town utility, anyways. There's usually always
some
utility you can derive from a role.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2705 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by oriole »

Titus, has your vengeful ability (by essence of attaching it to yourself) been considered "used" (as in non-transferrable)?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2708 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by oriole »

Yeah but I think you would still be vengeful, not Natirasha.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2713 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by oriole »

Err... yes?

I'm almost positive that rofl is town, though.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2714 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by oriole »

It's worth noting that the opposite is also true (If Stubbs is town, rofl is town).
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2716 (isolation #70) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2715, Titus wrote:
In post 2714, oriole wrote:It's worth noting that the opposite is also true (If Stubbs is town, rofl is town).
I just wanted that there for reference. I don't think ROFL is scum. The possibility was heightened due to his refusal to reveal but that does add an element of stopping the scums from figuring out alignments.

I'm not quite reaching if ROFL is town, then stubbs is town. Walk me through that.
So TD is town, and your role is like 100% town and verified. Our results were

Ghostly --> TD innocent
Slandaar --> Titus innocent
MS --> Stubbs innocent
BRO --> Amrun guilty
rofl --> Not claiming today

Let's assume Stubbs is town. This leaves possible sanities as

Ghostly {sane, naive}
Slandaar {sane, naive}
MS {sane, naive}
BRO {insane, paranoid}
rofl {insane, paranoid}

The extra is in {Ghostly, Slandaar, MS}, so rofl and BRO are cleared.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2718 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by oriole »

That's not what I'm saying.

The assumption was that Stubbs is town. The conclusion is that rofl is town. It doesn't go the other way (rofl town --> Stubbs town), as you've shown.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2720 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2272, Metal Sonic wrote:amrun has a mix of scummy and towny posts

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call him probtown
In post 2390, Metal Sonic wrote:ok whatever

amrun flip gives more info

VOTE: amrun
In post 2450, Metal Sonic wrote:ok what is going on now

lets just lynch amrun JUST BECAUSE

muffin is really good btw but just to eliminate scum possibility once we get our dethy working someone needs to check him
In post 2499, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 2489, roflcopter wrote:the remaining is scum is amrun, muffin, rift and ghost

peace

i disagree with muffin

but for all intents and purposes rift/ghost/amrun is a go
Ew.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2724 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by oriole »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Metal Sonic

/inb4 I'm bitched out for voting inside Dethy.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2727 (isolation #74) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2721, Titus wrote:I'll give you 2390 is ew. Players shouldn't look for an information lynch this early in the day. What about the others?

What motivated you to post this? It seems like an almost unwritten assumption in a few of your posts that ROFL is town.
It's the posts together, in the sequence, that's bad. He gives a read of Amrun (prob-town), then reverses the read because information, then revises it to "just cause", then calls her scum. Plus, it was leading to :down:
In post 2724, oriole wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Metal Sonic

/inb4 I'm bitched out for voting inside Dethy.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2729 (isolation #75) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2726, Titus wrote:@Oriole, why would scum MS investigate a target like Stubbs?
It keeps all of his options open. Stubbs isn't as certain as you and TD are. Therefore, he
could
go for insane if it suited him better. You know, like Slandaar and Ghostly can't.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2731 (isolation #76) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2730, Titus wrote:@Oriole, I don't take issue with you voting your biggest scum read. I don't really like MS's post. I just find it "ahem" convenient, that you find these posts after I start speculating about ROFL scum.

Yet, Slandaar and Ghostly's reads just are easy. They just keep investigating innocent roles and whaddya know you can't determine if I am naive, sane or scum.

MS's has the potential to trap him much more so than GP or Slandaar.
And yet, MS could be naive, sane,
insane
, or scum. He has more outs available to him.

I've been clear today that I think the dethy scum is between Ghostly and MS, and that rofl is town.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2762 (isolation #77) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 am

Post by oriole »

You guys are
such
killjoys.
In post 2518, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
Although, there are times I wonder why I'm even fucking trying considering 90% of the player list:

*Thinks we're scum BUT
*Is entirely too lazy and bought into the idea that Dethy will fix itself without lynches.

Maybe so I can look like fucking Cassandra when you do get the balls to lynch this slot.
In post 2756, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 2755, zMuffinMan wrote:MS stuff is dumb. Don't care how sure you are. Stop being bad.
This I agree with. As much as I think he's going to end up rightfully in a noose at some point, the dethy will have a much better idea of what possibilities remain once rofl claims and we have a second round of investigations to work with.

--PA
^Get that worked out.
In post 2740, Natirasha wrote:Okay, although I still would prefer Amrun, I'm willing to roll with the Metal Sonic lynch. But you guys do realize that, if he's town and I'm scum, you're pretty much giving up the dethy, right?
What a strange post to make.
In post 2743, Natirasha wrote:Can't argue with that logic.

VOTE: Metal Sonic.

Amrun, I have not forgotten you, don't worry, your death with come tomorrow one way or another.
I have no idea what "or another" is supposed to be implying here.
In post 2759, StubbsKVM wrote:Yeah, no, I'm not lynching MS.

He could be the sane/naive/scum. So I'm not taking a chance to Lynch the sane cop here.
Stubbs is town.
See, the problem I have is that it's very unlikely Natirasha and Metal Sonic are scum together.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2809 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 am

Post by oriole »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Natirasha

In the end, I just really don't like the vanillaizer claim, along with most posts from Eddie and some from Natirasha.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2849 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2848, Titus wrote:@Oriole, does this look reminiscent of 512?
Let me think about this some.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2850 (isolation #80) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2848, Titus wrote:@Oriole, does this look reminiscent of 512?
(Open 512)
In post 2206, Does Bo Know wrote:
Votecount 1.65

[L-2]
Varsoon
-
Dyslexicon
jmo16mla
CherryDrPepper
TunnelVision
StubbsKVM

[L-2]
jmo16mla
-
Xiao Long
Titus
Flench
Paschendale
Varsoon

[L-6]
Titus
-
Saki

[L-6]
StubbsKVM
-
oriole

Not Voting:
Bulbazak

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

(This game)
In post 2830, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Amrun (4) - zMuffinMan, Aunt Jemina, roflcopter, Natisrasha
Natisrasha (5) - Baezu, StubbsKVM, Slandaar, oriole, PeregrineV
PeregrineV
(6)
- Amrun, Ghostly Penguin,
Juliet
, Titus, BROseidon,
Romeo

Metal Sonic (2) - Rift Adrift, Metal Sonic

Not Voting (1) - ArcAngel9

With 16 alive (+2 votes), it takes 10 to lynch.
(expired on 2013-08-25 17:07:50)

Prodding roflcopter
I mean, the obvious difference is that there's another wagon here. What happened in 512 was that Varsoon and jmo got wagoned fast (due to the bussing), and there was never really a major town wagon against them, causing the stalling. Varsoon kept trying to get a town wagon going (on you and Cherry), but it never took hold.

I don't think it's exactly similar, but there are some similarities. I think at least one of the wagons is on scum, anyways.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2871 (isolation #81) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:25 am

Post by oriole »

@Mod: Isn't Amrun voting for Natirasha as of ?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2960 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2879, Natirasha wrote:
@MOD: ArcAngel9 has been banned from mafia. Are you currently seeking a replacement?

I've done all I can.
At least before I go to the great beyond, I want to see an Amrun claim so we can be lynched on equal grounds.
Ew.
In post 2909, Metal Sonic wrote:wagon stall is scummy
Your play has been scummy. Quite frankly, the biggest problem I have with this Nat wagon is that you're endorsing it in a rather fantastic 180 after wanting Amrun lynched all day.
In post 2937, Slandaar wrote:
In post 2915, Titus wrote:Scum killing a cop n1 makes total sense. If that's not the usual play of scum, then :facepalm: to any situation on this site.
Yes it does make sense, but it didn't happen here so FACTS ARE 100% of my experience is scum DID NOT kill a cop n1.

Why are you arguing differently? your experience differs somehow?
In post 2915, Titus wrote: Killing a deathy gives scum more ability to hide as it would be harder to figure out the dead guy's alignment as he'd have no investigation to share at all.
Completely wrong.
In post 2915, Titus wrote: Bonus if you get one of the sane guys.
Yes, so how is it harder to figure out this guys alignment if you know they would flip their sanity? You know their alignment straight up there is no figuring out.
In post 2915, Titus wrote: Frankly, I was surprised someone outside the deathy was shot.
Of course you were.
In post 2915, Titus wrote: Even if you wind up having the goon caught faster
Thank you for this information the town greatly appreciates it.
In post 2915, Titus wrote: it's still a better move to cause confusion and prevent people from trusting the cops long term. It's a no brainer to me.
Yes, but the scum didn't do that and they have all the information about their roles which you if you were town wouldn't hence its not a no brainer they shot the lovers, they killed 2 town with one shot, thats pretty good, if you are not going to shoot a cop that is kinda a good alternative maybe even better in the situation.

Now the question is who figured out they were lovers/masons. Shooting them and them flipping VT, yes thats bad choice, but thats not wht happened which you conveniently ignore repeatedly.
In post 432, Titus wrote:@elvis, Sorry but that's deliberate. I would rather have two confirmed town than one. If one dies, the other will be near conf-town. Note: This is not masons.
That is just amazing. All I have to say on it, Amazing.

The scum also somehow managed to not get killed when your ability should kill them if they target TD so they shot Xiao? I mean they KNEW what they were doing noone makes that kill unless they knew.

Thanks for playing.

Compromise wagon is go

VOTE: TITUS

tl;dr; Titus slipped the Dethy scum is a goon. Titus clearly made the kill on Xiao. Titus argues stuff that makes no sense.
You want to explain how his role (verified by TD) is in any way a scum role?
In post 2944, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2845, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Send me a memo when you decide someone you've been considering up scum up until now is Town and who you've replaced them with.
Not nearly as unlikely as you imply it to be. While I still have you and Ammy as scum, the other slots are less solidified. My read on Muffin is currently a scumread, but I had a strong townread on his predecessor. My read on Rifty Drifty is not yet reversed, but it is possible that they could be bumped off.

There are others who I am considering putting (back) on the scum-list as well.
I have my eyes on both Bazzy
and Grinny. For the moment, my reads are not yet different than they have been since Nati's claim. But this may change, as I continue to think things over.
In post 2854, Rift Adrift wrote:
@Aunt Jemima,
you express concern about the attempted counter wagon on PeregrineV. That wagon has both the confirmed town dead players on it. What do you make of that?
That they think they see something sour in Grinny. I am uncertain, and currently lean away from that being true, but trust me, it is something I am in the process of weighing.
In post 2858, Amrun wrote:This is literally the stupidest reason for a lynch ever. An insane or paranoid cop checked me, so I should be lynched! No. Information lynches are fucking stupid. We'll figure out the dethy anyway, because scum will kill them and they flip. Herpaderp.
I would like to point out that Ammy is stating it to be insane/paranoid. This is a mental note to double-check her stance on Brossy, since there were arguments about how Brossy might not be confirmed town. Depending on the strength of those arguments and her input at that time, this may be a scumslip if she was in the crowd insisting that Brossy could still be sour.

I still believe the wagon on Nati to be strongly scum-driven. It has Ammy, Ghosty, and Grinny all supporting it, as well as alternative picks for scum. If you believe Ghosty to be a town cop, chances are you believe Sonny to be the scum cop, and he is present on the wagon as well.
In post 2909, Metal Sonic wrote:wagon stall is scummy
Yet you are voting a wagon which gained momentum literally overnight, and ignoring the Ammy wagon which
has
stalled multiple times.
Why are your eyes on Baezu? Do you think Zoidberg attempted to bus Baezu with his L-1 vote?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (isolation #83) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2962, Natirasha wrote:Hey.

Hey oriole.

If you think he's scum, there is a way to get a legit investigation on metal sonic tonight.
What are you suggesting?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2965 (isolation #84) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2964, Natirasha wrote:Well, it involves a player who is currently at L-2 devouring brains.
Are you suggesting devouring Metal Sonic's brain?

Do you happen to know what the result would be if you ate the dethy scum's brain (in terms of what you would gain)?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2968 (isolation #85) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by oriole »

Well, I'm tempted.

If you guess wrong in that situation, your town flip would confirm the (now vanilla) target.

If you guess right, it'd be as you said.

I'm actually a lot more comfortable doing this than Titus's plan, but I want to know what the dethy members think.

Let me sleep on it.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3004 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by oriole »

Someone arguing an Amrun/Rift Adrift scumteam is going to have to explain that to me.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3086 (isolation #87) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 am

Post by oriole »

In post 3068, Rift Adrift wrote:Town has a one shot roleblocker/neighborizer. Through a concatenation of hilarious coincidences I know this. I was roleblockedj/neighborized on night 1.
Yeah, this is me.

Can confirm that Rift Adrift said they would be targeting AJ in the QT.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3099 (isolation #88) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 am

Post by oriole »

In post 3021, roflcopter wrote:rift adrift and ghostly are scum together with amrun and zmuffin

falalala la la la la
If rofl did get an innocent result, wouldn't be surprised if it was on Amrun or zmuffin...

I'm essentially claiming neighbor with Rift Adrift at this point. I don't see the reason to keep the neighbor secret at this point, especially because I'm one shot and Rift already claimed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”