Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

In post 6, The Jolly Old Man wrote:VOTE: Drama Llama

for being a llama.

first.
I sit And watch the posts roll in, My clock ticking away
Villains haunts every thought, There's no escape today.

VOTE: Jolly Old Man
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Don't think I'll continue rhyming.
I exist to dole out justice,
And so, I must vanish into the shadows.
I will return when there are roughly five pages to work with.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:31 am

In post 33, Sting and his Beard wrote:
In post 31, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Don't think I'll continue rhyming.
The rest of your post proves as much. 'Justice/work with'? Really? And you set up a Poe alt?
I will return when there are roughly five pages to work with.
Why not make something with which to work?

You guys are doing a good enough job of it.

UNVOTE:

Wouldn't want a man to die unfairly on my dime.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 am

Ah!
I have returned, friends and foes.

Worry not, there will soon be a post of substance from me.

For now, I've a class to attend soon, and since my Post of Substance will take Substantial time to write, I'll be handling that tonight.

For a quickie, though:
-Don't like the inactivity from some players, wish everyone had been very active up to now, but that's a bit hypocritical coming from me, eh?
-StigandBeard is in that awkward point of either being aggressive town or scummy scum.
-Dream of Eden makes me uncomfortable.
-Willow Ghost and pretty much anyone voting without articulation should be punched.
-Drama Llama is probably scum, but we'll get there.
-Let's talk about the issues.

If anyone has questions they'd like me to address, post 'em, just make sure to bold up so I can see you're talkin' to me.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Content Incoming.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:41 pm

BIG GOVERNMENT
-
Null-lean-scum.

Spoiler:
Initial RVS vote lingers until he puts a serious vote on Lea at 60, condemning her for how she handles (or fails to handle) the Drama Llama wagon.
Otherwise, criticisms from this slot are that players aren't doing enough to get the ball rolling. Specifically attacks Dream of Eden for stalling.
Ultimately, doesn't contribute much, is very critical of only a handful of players, and has yet to really be threatened on D1. His pushes on Dream of Eden feel contrived and hardly backed by anything other than posturing.
Gut says this slot is town, but my head thinks otherwise.

DRACO MALFOY
-
Null-lean-scum

Spoiler:
Doesn't really do much of anything this game, aside from call for people to post.
His first vote on Lea isn't very articulated.
Otherwise, has been zeroing in on Shrumz and Lea and that's about it.
Feels like his roleplay is getting in the way of content. Hm.
Either way, I'd like more from this slot.

DRAMA LLAMA
-
Null-lean-Town

Spoiler:
Ensures that there's at least two scum on the wagon, which I can either see as town spazzing out or as scum trying to divert.
Interaction with Mangi is bad, but it turns out that Mangi is town, so that's good.
Is pretty critical of people for most of the same reasons why I'm critical of people.
Seems to be sussing out players and doing some pro-town work.

DREAM OF EDEN
-
Scum.

Spoiler:
Joins the Drama Llama wagon a bit too much outside of RVS. OMGUS a bit there, too.
Don't like his reactions/deflects when other players assault him.
Hasn't done much in this game.

KAMIETSU
-
Town.

Spoiler:
Doesn't seem to understand that RVS wagons lead to quick-lynches and give scum plenty of wiggle room because there's plenty of unarticulated votes on said wagon for scum to hide in.
Vote progression is logical. As I begin to give content, he wanes from his case on me. Makes his earlier vote contextualized as pressure.
This slot needs to do more work. Has a good grounding in pro-town logic. Not active enough.

LEA
-
Null-lean-scum.

Spoiler:
On and off of the Drama Llama wagon when she realizes it's not going over the ledge. Awkward.
Otherwise, tries to interact with players a lot and does a good deal of defensive work that I don't think is working for her very much.
Is far too antagonistic/passive aggressive. Could muddy my read with that behavior.

MADOTSUKI
-
Town.

Spoiler:
Making the same connections I am, wasn't ever a part of the Drama Llama wagon, and has dem rhymes.
On the real, is a somewhat critical player that's willing to engage in discussion and is, despite the rhyming, fairly thorough in explaining their play so far.

MANGI
Null-lean-Town

Spoiler:
Don't like that he tries to figure out people's main accounts. The whole point is that it's a secret Alt Mafia.
Otherwise, his play is pretty encompassing, focuses on reiteration, and does a good job of looking around and taking in what's going on. Could paint this as scum, but feels town as of now.

POWERFUL DIOMEDES
-
Town.

Spoiler:
Has a reason to get on the Drama Llama wagon late, feels genuine.
Sees the same thing I see with Lea and Jolly pulling off the wagon.
Post 93 is good, does a lot of work that shows he understands the flow of the game, and is critical of players who are getting away with too much.
Has solid questions for me. Hope this post speaks to them.

RUTHLESS MD
-
Town.

Spoiler:
Seems to be throwing more on the Dream of Eden wagon, but his point is good and he backs it up.
Just wish we had more from this slot.

Shrumz
-
Scumz.

Spoiler:
Doesn't articulate, doesn't explain actions, etc etc.
Gets on the Dreams of Eden wagon too easily.
Doesn't critically engage the game. Feels like he’s coasting.

STING AND BEARD
-
Town.

Spoiler:
Explains his vote,
is critical of other players,
Has a keen eye for what's going on in the game,
pressures others with worthwhile questions,
Keeps stalwart with his early Lea vote, which is a bit weird, but it is what it is.

JOLLY OLD MAN
-
Null-lean-scum

Spoiler:
Hops off of the DramaLlama wagon once suspicion starts to pile on it,
Calls out Shrumz and Mangi, but puts the vote on Mangi instead of Shrumz, despite Shrumz being far more direct with who he was talking to in reference to alts.
Somewhat critical of other players, although not with the fervor that others have exhibited in this game. Pressure isn't really there from this slot.

WILLOW GHOST
-
Null-lean-scum

Spoiler:
Two posts to read into?
Worthless votes that aren't articulated?
Seems detached from the game?
C'mon, get back in here and actually play.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Obviously, this is a pretty scum heavy list.

My current real suspects for a scum-team are...
Shrumz, Lea, Dream of Eden, Draco Malfoy.

That said,
Vote: Shrumz
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 pm

Shrumz, try replying to more than just the part that called you scum.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:57 am

Looking forward to your ISOs, Jolly Old Man.
There's honestly not a lot to work with on some players.

@Mangi: Get an avatar and throw down some case work.

@Draco: Please, give me something to work with here.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:23 am

To paint it in scummy terms, what Mangi's doing is fence-sitting. However, I'm seeing him as making observations and asking questions of people in order to figure things out, rather than just putting out bait, if that makes sense.

Like I said before, too many people are scum on my ISO list.
A lot depends on today's lynch, really.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:13 am

I'm back.

@Diomedes
: I find that when players don't explain their votes, or when they don't articulate -why- they are voting the way they are, that it gives them a lot more room to come up with a good reason when questioned later. It's a fairly anti-town tactic, since anyone can explain why they are making a vote when they do. Consciously deciding not to shows that the reasons are either faulty, would come under scrutiny, and/or simply aren't enough to warrant a vote. Clarity is masked, and scum get to hide in that smoke.

That said, the Shrumz wagon isn't going anywhere. The Shrumz reactions are fairly good at further confirming his alignment, though.

VOTE: Dream of Eden
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:56 pm

@Mangi: Means that I believe Shrumz is scum, and his reactions have settled him there for me.

@Shrumz: Now that you're done misinterpreting and/or misrepresenting my play, maybe you can start trying to add to the game?

@Stig: Whenever you get back, you'll have to explain how calling for more votes on a bad lynch is a good thing.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:07 am

@Diomedes: Pressure, usually. You can typically ask players to elaborate on their stances and they will.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 pm

@Shrumz: Don't think for a moment that I consider you to be town. Furthermore, I haven't backed off, I just know that your wagon has no momentum behind it. In pushing for you for the brief amount of time that I did, I was able to arouse reactions from you and other players that will prove very valuable when there's a better chance for me to lead people to vote for you. Trust me, if my vote alone could have you lynched, or if I had the ability to kill a player, I would certainly target you before any other player in this game.

@Willow: You seem town. Why haven't you contributed much to the game?

@Kami: How do you feel about Drama Llama, then?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm interested in what Ruthless has to say.
VOTE: Ruthless MD
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 pm

@Big Govt: I actually did have a vote on Ruthless, and my earlier townread was mostly due to lack of an ISO to work with. My Ruthless vote was for pressure, to see what the slot would do. I'm happy with what we got out of it.

VOTE: Shrumz

You're so scummy, Shrumz. So scummy.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:49 pm

I've been pretty absent.

You scumlords need to stop trying so hard.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Welp, Jolly's a mislynch.

Don't like the awkward fence-sitting some players are doing about it (looking at you, Diomedes).

Lea's terrible, but so is most of this apathetic town, so I guess I'll keep my hands in my pockets.

Dio, Shrumz, and one of Draco/Stig for the last of the scum.
Provided that scum isn't just perma-lurking, but they hardly ever do.

I can say with 95% absurdness that one of Dio, Shrumz, and Stig is scum, if not more than that.

Still no reason to put my vote anywhere else.

Also, if you lynch Jolly Old Man, it'll become Night Phase on a mislynch.
When it becomes Night Phase on a mislynch, you stop paying attention to the game as town.
When you stop paying attention to the game, you do other things.
When you do other things in life, you decide to go hiking.
When you go hiking, you get attacked by mountain lions.
Don't get attacked by Mountain Lions.
Don't mislynch Jolly Old Man.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 am

Oho, looks like I was right on the Shrumz thing.

Will post more at a later time.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 am

In post 379, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:
I can say with 95% absurdness that one of Dio, Shrumz, and Stig is scum, if not more than that.

This list has now become Lea, Dio, and Stig.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 am

VOTE: Lea
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:52 pm

VOTE: Powerful Diomedes

Bad PoE.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 am

In post 444, Big Government wrote:I have my doubts about draco, but I'm thinking Ruthless is scum. She was off the Shrumz wagon, which I'm pretty sure was town driven, and her play in general gves me no reason to think she is town. She's done little scumhunting, and the little she has done feels fake.

VOTE: Ruthless MD

I don't really think Edgar is scum.

I'm skeptical of everyone in this beyotch.

But let's throw votes on Mangi, 'cus Mangi.

VOTE: Mangi
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:43 pm

In post 451, mangi wrote:mangi is a bad vote. You should vote Ruthless.
VOTE: Ruthless

I get the feeling you're a bit biased, but I want to see how far this rabbit-hole goes.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm

In post 476, draco malfoy wrote:
In post 475, Stimpson J Cat wrote:Now waiting on draco's claim.
are you serious
The temptation to vote for you rises within me.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 am

I prefer a Draco lynch to an Edgar Lynch, too.

Vote : Draco

Stimpson, Mangi, and Dio all get flak for being on my wagon with no good reason.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 am

inb4 people think that Big Gov and I are scum-buddies quick-hammering. :D
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 am

Nevertheless, Draco's play combined with his interaction with Shrumz makes him pretty prime candidate for scumminess.

That said, Stimpson's interaction with Draco and hop onto my wagon are bad.
Mangi's hop onto my wagon is also bad.
Squirrel's confuses me, since she hasn't articulated it but wants to see a case for me.
Dio is Dio and I don't trust Dio. Plus, the hop onto my wagon is bad.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 am

Ruthless claimed neighborizer? Doubt that exists if Draco/Dio are in a 'hood.

Unless they're not in a 'hood, but scum-buddies with a QT, which is more likely.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:26 am

Regardless, skeptical of nearly everyone, but some of you chuckling cupids have to be town, so I've got to narrow my eyes and plant my feet.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 am

In post 551, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 547, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:inb4 people think that Big Gov and I are scum-buddies quick-hammering. :D
Aw man, you got in before me! But, yes, Big Gov coming down with no real reasoning on the Draco side of the fence makes my tail quiver. You were obviously going to vote this way regardless.

Right on~

In post 548, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Nevertheless, Draco's play combined with his interaction with Shrumz makes him pretty prime candidate for scumminess.
How?

He's been offering little content and slipping by the days. As for Shrumz, I remember him not being for the Shrumz wagon, but I could be wrong. I'm a bit out of my mind right now.

In post 548, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:That said, Stimpson's interaction with Draco and hop onto my wagon are bad.
He has claimed poisoner - how do you figure that meshes with him as scum?

I've seen scum as a 1-shot poisoner in various setups. Usually, it's balanced by a somewhat powerful town PR.

In post 548, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Squirrel's confuses me, since she hasn't articulated it but wants to see a case for me.
I don't think I've lacked articulation of a case on you, and if I asked someone for their case on you it was probably because they voted you and then, yes, I would like to hear their reason for their vote.

This makes a bit more sense. Regardless, I feel better about your vote on me, than, say, Dio or Mangi.

In post 549, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Ruthless claimed neighborizer? Doubt that exists if Draco/Dio are in a 'hood.

Unless they're not in a 'hood, but scum-buddies with a QT, which is more likely.
When did she claim neighborizer?

I think I may be thinking of another game or something. I could've sworn Ruthless claimed neighborizer in-thread.

Anyway, surprised the thread isn't locked yet.
Draco wasn't town. Don't know if that makes him scum, but eh.
I -really- don't like the swing wagon on me, though. It reeks.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:50 pm

In post 565, mangi wrote:Lynch Edgar tomorrow.
Dio, you better hope Draco flips scum.

pseudovote:
Dio
In post 562, Stimpson J Cat wrote:Oh I see Pro hammered malfoy.

If malfoy flips town as I expect, speedlynch EAPro tomorrow.
You both seem to be informed of Draco's alignment before the flip, and are already cooing for my mislynch.

No, I'm not going to claim. Why would I? To inform scum? Worthless.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:53 pm

In post 565, mangi wrote:Lynch Edgar tomorrow.
Dio, you better hope Draco flips scum.

pseudovote:
Dio
At least you have reservations about what Draco's flip will be, even if you're worthlessly calling for my mislynch tomorrow, too.
In post 560, Squirrel Girl wrote:I really don't like any of your answers. You seem to mix claiming to have opinions about what is going on with a befuddled inability to describe what's going on or why you hold the beliefs you do.
I'm glad that you value coherence.
Sadly, you'll find very little of it here, and the folks who intend to use it are doing so for scummy reasons.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Mod, can we get a votecount, dayend, or just a prod on the Mod?
:P
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Drama Llama's been very silent lately.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Given the high probability that Draco's actually town, using that as the sole basis for my mislynch is worthless.

You've got to see this from my angle. There were two big wagons.
I know I am town.
I do not know the alignment of the other wagon.
There are 20 hours left.
People are willing to hammer out my wagon.
Of course I'll hammer the other wagon.

Any other course of action would be against my wincon, since I know I'm town and the only thing keeping me from getting lynched was to lynch the other guy.

It helps that there's a good chance Draco is scum.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:02 pm

inb4 someone points out that I wrote 'high probability that draco's actually town' and 'good chance draco is scum' in the same post.

Given the numbers in this game, speculation/probability says that Draco is likely town.
Given the information in this game (flips, interaction, content), chances are that Draco is scum.

Stopping this line of thought before it starts~
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Regodless, Draco is hammered.

Get out of here, you bratty small-time antagonist.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 am

In post 575, Stimpson J Cat wrote:
In post 567, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:You both seem to be informed of Draco's alignment before the flip, and are already cooing for my mislynch.
Yeah OK I'm a a scum 1-shot poisoner.
We'll see what Drama flips, although if there's two scum factions, it doesn't really clear you. In fact, if there's two scum factions, giving one of them poisoner is probably a balancing move.
In post 576, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 568, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I'm glad that you value coherence.
Sadly, you'll find very little of it here, and the folks who intend to use it are doing so for scummy reasons.
Is this you saying that your lack of coherence is a town tell? You didn't seem to feel that way with Draco since you dinged him for lack of articulation and tunneling.

Who are the scum using coherency for scummy reasons?
Dio and, to a lesser extent, Stig was.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:10 am

No one will guess that I was The Real Charles Barkley.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”