The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:44 am

Post by The Silver Bard »

Hi everyone. I might have rolled vigilante this game, and if I have I will shoot a lurker/inactive player. So stay active or get shot (maybe)

Also
VOTE: fferyllt

Because, uhm, uh, COOTIES!
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 am

In post 13, Pjovek wrote:Скажите, что сталось со мной?
Что сердце так жарко забилось?
Какое безумье волной
Сквозь камень привычки пробилось?

В нем сила иль мука моя,
В волненьи не чувствую сразу:
С мерцающих строк бытия
Ловлю я забытую фразу...

Фонарь свой не водит ли тать
По скопищу литер унылых?
Мне фразы нельзя не читать.
Но к ней я вернуться не в силах...

Не вспыхнуть ей было невмочь,
Но мрак она только тревожит:
Так бабочка газа всю ночь
Дрожит, а сорваться не может...
Tell me, what happened to me?
That the heart beat is so hot?
What madness wave
Through stone broke the habit?

It is my strength il flour,
In the excitement does not feel right:
With the shimmering strings of life
Catch phrase I've forgotten ...

Lantern does not lead to a thief
By swarms of letters dull?
I can not read the sentence.
But to her, I can not go back ...

Do not break out she was could not stand,
But the darkness is only concerned about:
So butterfly gas all night
Trembles, and can not be broken ...
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:38 am

In post 15, Mindgamer wrote:
In post 14, The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 13, Pjovek wrote:Скажите, что сталось со мной?
Что сердце так жарко забилось?
Какое безумье волной
Сквозь камень привычки пробилось?

В нем сила иль мука моя,
В волненьи не чувствую сразу:
С мерцающих строк бытия
Ловлю я забытую фразу...

Фонарь свой не водит ли тать
По скопищу литер унылых?
Мне фразы нельзя не читать.
Но к ней я вернуться не в силах...

Не вспыхнуть ей было невмочь,
Но мрак она только тревожит:
Так бабочка газа всю ночь
Дрожит, а сорваться не может...
Tell me, what happened to me?
That the heart beat is so hot?
What madness wave
Through stone broke the habit?

It is my strength il flour,
In the excitement does not feel right:
With the shimmering strings of life
Catch phrase I've forgotten ...

Lantern does not lead to a thief
By swarms of letters dull?
I can not read the sentence.
But to her, I can not go back ...

Do not break out she was could not stand,
But the darkness is only concerned about:
So butterfly gas all night
Trembles, and can not be broken ...
This one I like.
In post 22, T S O wrote:Mindgamer and Pjovek are Town, Bard could be scum.
This one not so much.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:07 pm

First I will UNVOTE: fferyllt

Then my initial reads:
I am getting townvibes of:

Empire
- His readspost on gives me townvibes. I do not agree with TSO, Mindgamer and CTD looking town at this point, but the way he approaches my first post seems to be filled with just enough skepticism for him to get townpoints.

chamber
- The way he is going for a policy lynch on Pjovek, putting himself out there as the centre of attention for something that will get him into a lot of scrutiny, is something I don't think scum would (often) do.

CTD
- I agree with his initial reads on scum in . And I like the way he respond to me, by saying he will shoot the first one over 100 posts on day 1 (This means any lurkers/inactive will get shot by me if I am vig, any spammer will get shot by CTD if he is vig, so everyone needs to stay on their best behavior)

I am getting scumvibes of:

Cabd
-His post is a kind of post I don't like. The “I am so bad” routine creates an alibi and excuses. So I give him a scumpoint for this.

TSO
- Don't like his read post . And especially I don't like that he puts me in possible scum, that always makes me suspicious. Also his play thus far has been disruptive IMO, and he have a lot of posts, but says very very little.

Pjovek
-His play is very disruptive I think. I know anti-town =/= scum, but I count anti-town behavior as something that gives scumvibes, so some scumpoints for Pjovek.

Espeonage
- Read below...

Other than this:

I don't like Llamarble's readlist in post , it is probably meant to be funny, but from a scumhunting perspective I don't like it (because the reasons are not reasonable).

I don't think I like Espeonage's . He also somewhat do the "I am so bad routine". He warns Pjovek. And he tells chamber the we aren't lynching Pjovek. It is a post that to me that says very little in a lot of words, I get a feel that he tries to blend in. I upgrade him to someone I get scumvibes of.

I think fferyllt needs to start posting with more content. Got the second most posts atm, but I cannot read a lot from them. cabd is somewhat in the same boat, but at least I got scumvibes off of one of his posts.

Mindgamer seems like a funny guy and his is right up my alley. But his posts so far is null for me. So are the rest of you that I haven't mentioned.

VOTE: TSO
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 pm

In post 76, Cabd wrote:
In post 75, The Silver Bard wrote:The “I am so bad” routine creates an alibi and excuses.
It's very amusing to me to see so many people mistake a joke about players not suiciding for a serious "woe is me i'm such a noob" maneuver.

I'll just leave THIS here to explain the joke to those that care (and weren't there): http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30234
Don't worry, I won't lynch you over one scumpoint. And yes it may be intended as a joke, but to me it just seemed strange. But if you say it is a joke, it probably is. But if you keep using it as an excuse later I will be more concerned.

Any comments about the other players I mentioned?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:49 pm

In post 77, Llamarble wrote:All my reads were serious I'm pretty sure, though admittedly the CTD one is a bit weak.
In post 65, Llamarble wrote:Cabd is town for complete failure to scumhunt.
(1)

Chamber is town for being mad.
(2)

CTD is scum for not self-voting.
(3)

Empire is... VOTE: Empire
(4)

Espeonage is probably town.
(5)

Mindgamer is town so far.
(6)

Pjovek should probably be replaced.
(7)

Tammy / Projectmatt may contain an empirebuddy
(8)
OK, then I will take your word for it. The issue I have with your reads though is:
1. Complete failure to scumhunt is more of a scumtrait. You guys probably got some history, and you might be taking a jab at him here while applying meta, by saying “cabd is such a bad townie that he scumhunts less than he would do as scum”. This might be your feeling, and it is probably funny, but to me it isn’t a reason I can’t agree upon just from reading this game.
2. Fair enough, I somewhat agree (because I would find it strange for scum to put himself out there like this). But again it is meta, and it is you jabbing at chamber.
3. Here it is meta and humor again.
4. Here it is no reason.
5. No reason.
6. No reason.
7. No reason, no read.
8. This one I don’t even understand, maybe some metahumor.
I am not saying your reads should cater to me for not knowing how you guys play. And I know that some like to base a lot of their play on meta. But I hope you understand why I don’t like your post, even though I am not leaning this or that way on your alignment from it.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm

EBWOP

but to me it isn’t a reason I
can
agree upon just from reading this game.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:12 am

In post 90, Empire wrote:About to head out to lunch and then more job searching / work but a couple of things I forgot:
In post 66, CrashTextDummie wrote:Espeonage makes a rather poor choice for an early day wagon.
Why?
In post 75, The Silver Bard wrote:And especially I don't like that he puts me in possible scum, that always makes me suspicious.
Why does putting you in possible scum always make you suspicious?
When I roll town and someone reads me as scum it is either because they misread me or because they are scum. If they misread me it means that I am playing bad or they are playing bad or some combination where both of us are playing bad'ish. So it is quite possible he have misread me, but it is also possible that he is scum making up reads. Reading me as scum makes you appear on my radar, it makes me question your motives.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:53 am

In post 94, fferyllt wrote:
In post 93, The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 90, Empire wrote:About to head out to lunch and then more job searching / work but a couple of things I forgot:
In post 66, CrashTextDummie wrote:Espeonage makes a rather poor choice for an early day wagon.
Why?
In post 75, The Silver Bard wrote:And especially I don't like that he puts me in possible scum, that always makes me suspicious.
When I roll town and someone reads me as scum it is either because they misread me or because they are scum. If they misread me it means that I am playing bad or they are playing bad or some combination where both of us are playing bad'ish. So it is quite possible he have misread me, but it is also possible that he is scum making up reads. Reading me as scum makes you appear on my radar, it makes me question your motives.
So you feel that your style of play as town is so "mainstream" for want of a better adjective that you should be easy to read? How does data from games you've played match this expectation?
My playstyle as townie is pretty straightforward and open. I think the way I play as town is the optimal one (obviously, if I didn't I would change it). I hate players who dumb down their townplay just so that they can have an easier game as scum. I am fairly good at catching scum, and I am very often voting (final vote) for scum (I would say 50% of the times, even though that sounds a bit much) in the earlier rounds. Feel free to hold me to this, if I keep missing I should get lycnhed (I will protest it though, but I can't refute the arguement).

In my 8 games on TeamLiquid I have as town:
• Survived to the end one time, winning with town.
• Been nightkilled night 1 by scum two games.
• Been nightkilled by scum lategame after claiming vet (steacked)
• Been lynched in late game after throwing a hissyfit on a player who almost voted with me, but kept insulting me. I told him to fuck off and vote me, I don’t cater to morons.
• Lynched day two when two of the most respected players of the site rolled scum and pulled all their influence in on getting me lynched. I also played a shit shit game and deserved it.

As scum:
• One game nightkilled night 1. Was playing poorly, but might have survived a while, but one of the good townplayers of the site read me easily.
• One game nightkilled night 2. Would 100% have gotten lynched on day 3 if I didn’t get viged.

In my opinion my townplay is far better than my scumplay, because I play such an open game, and have trouble imitating that as scum. IMO you can only be considered a great scumplayer if you are a great townplayer, if you are a shit townplayer then imitating your meta is easy.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 am

In post 99, Pjovek wrote:
In post 97, The Silver Bard wrote:
Why?
So you feel that your style of play as town is so "mainstream" for want of a better adjective that you should be easy to read? How does data from games you've played match this expectation?
My playstyle as townie is pretty straightforward and open. I think the way I play as town is the optimal one (obviously, if I didn't I would change it). I hate players who dumb down their townplay just so that they can have an easier game as scum. I am fairly good at catching scum, and I am very often voting (final vote) for scum (I would say 50% of the times, even though that sounds a bit much) in the earlier rounds. Feel free to hold me to this, if I keep missing I should get lycnhed (I will protest it though, but I can't refute the arguement).

• Been lynched in late game after throwing a hissyfit on a player who almost voted with me, but kept insulting me. I told him to fuck off and vote me, I don’t cater to morons.
• Lynched day two when two of the most respected players of the site rolled scum and pulled all their influence in on getting me lynched. I also played a shit shit game and deserved it.

As scum:
• One game nightkilled night 1. Was playing poorly, but might have survived a while, but one of the good townplayers of the site read me easily.
• One game nightkilled night 2. Would 100% have gotten lynched on day 3 if I didn’t get viged.

In my opinion my townplay is far better than my scumplay, because I play such an open game, and have trouble imitating that as scum. IMO you can only be considered a great scumplayer if you are a great townplayer, if you are a shit townplayer then imitating your meta is easy.
I cannot find a player of the name Silver Bard on these TeamLiquid forums.

What is your handle there, dear?
I went for a different name here for a reason. So that will stay a secret ;) Read what you want into that
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 am

In post 98, fferyllt wrote:
In post 97, The Silver Bard wrote:
Why?

As scum:

I was more curious about the alignments of people who scumread you in the past - if it's actually alignment predictive. In my case, being scumread as town, especially in the early game doesn't correlate that well with the player's alignment, but does seem to correlate (in town players) fairly well with certain methods of scumhunting.
Well it depends on how early on day 1 they scumread me, and how hard they push for my lynch. Also it depends on how good of a player they are, and how good my play have been. I have catched alot of good players who have pushed for me.

If someone have just thrown out a scumaccusation based on one post, like TSO did to me here it isn’t necessary a connection. But it makes me suspicious of them from the get go. If someone keep twisting my words, and keep pushing for my lynch (when I am town) and also is considered a good player they have a high probability of flipping scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”