Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #417 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:27 am

Post by zoraster »

oh can I finally post? The question I guess this brings up: do I really think each and every shift I'm going to reread 15 pages worth of content like I'm constantly replacing into the game? No, I barely even do that when I replace into games for real.

I am confused though. Why is BnB getting attention for... posting a lot? Is that really the game we're playing today?

Anyway, here's a good vote:

VOTE: Logical Duality

Last post is scummy, plus anonymous heads.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #421 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 am

Post by zoraster »

Part of the way mafia works is because people are at risk of being lynched every time they speak. For example, I made a post and you responded that it was "opportnistic" and "vague doubtcasting" etc. That in turn allows me to better read your alignment -- would you have really said that if you were town, etc. -- and I respond.

But what you do when you say, "oh, we must lynch from Shift 1" is (a) remove yourself [that kind of self-preservation is more scum than town] and (b) rob us of actual analysis of each other. You say we can get associative tells only voting for Shift 1, but I don't see why we can't have that playing more organically. These opening day in particular it seems to me to make far more sense to have a starting point within our own shift and only move over when we see something we don't like in particular.

Explain to me why "alignment links" between shifts are more valuable than within shifts? Particularly with the knowledge that our shifts are likely going to change at some point. I'm not saying we can't talk about what's going on in the other shift or even vote for those in the other shift (eventually obviously one shift will have to vote for those in another). But I have literally no idea why we'd mandate attacking people who couldn't even theoretically defend until 48 hours later.

Your approach seems motivated by a desire not to be considered as one of the lynch targets. My reaction to that is to make you one of the lynch targets.

---
By the way, I absolutely agree that posting too much content is "bad" but bad isn't scummy, and with a few notable exceptions, I'd rather lynch scummy than bad.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #821 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:46 am

Post by zoraster »

You don't have shit. I'll be curious to see what you claim after I flip town. Your gambit is a nice ploy, but gee. what a surprise. You're the leading wagon and suddenly you have a cop guilty? Your cop soft claim was laughable (and also not "hard"), but when you didn't get traction you moved on to a half-ass cop claim? You go hard, but not particularly smart. Your whole "oh we looked for people who voted us" smacks of defensive scum -- particularly when I didn't vote you because you were anonymous (though as I mentioned pre-game [you know, before I had a Role PM] I dislike them). I voted you because your plan sucks and is designed to grind town to a halt.

Lynch me and then LD -- I'll take the 1 to 1 trade.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #824 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 am

Post by zoraster »

....why would they kill LD in this situation? They must have known we were gambiting for reactions. I guess it's claim time.

I am "Rebecca Berrie, the Assistant Manager Who Has Hobbies That Interfere With Her Work"

I have same shift 1-shot neighborizor ability that I used immediately on LD to see if we could pick a fake fight and see what idiocy we could produce. That was the entire point behind Shift 1.B's spat. He hadn't used his 1-shot cop ability yet, unfortunately. We were going to use it on someone who tried to white knight me. I don't know what mafia has, but I'll assume it's a rolecop of some sort.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #827 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 am

Post by zoraster »

cute. what? did you guys know LD was lying, so you rolecop him, discover he's cop and shoot him, knowing it'd make me look scummy in the process? i admit, this caught me off guard. guess i didn't really anticipate how it'd be playing in a real time environment.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #830 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:44 am

Post by zoraster »

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #831 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 am

Post by zoraster »

i don't know if you're scum or if you're town too apathetic to really think about this. think about it. do you REALLY think titus would have chosen just to cop someone who voted for him? or do you think his bluster might have been an orchestrated plan to out a few scum? Let's be real here. I understand it's simpler just not to care, but I'm town neighborizor.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #833 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 am

Post by zoraster »

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #835 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:03 am

Post by zoraster »

why not see if he can't get me lynched without, you know, claiming cop? He could have easily pulled that cop claim at any time to prove himself town. Just doesn't make sense. I know you see it as easy, but think about the motivations for this. Why would he take the tactic he did in the end? It just doesn't make sense. Whereas it makes complete sense when we're neighbors to do this.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #839 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:47 am

Post by zoraster »

Not really. it's not like I was in any danger there.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #841 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:51 am

Post by zoraster »

he didn't know he was going to be killed! We were going to test reactions to the cop claim. we didn't expect someone to KILL HIM, particularly when mafia KNEW he was lying.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #844 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:56 am

Post by zoraster »

LD and me. We were neighbors and had a Private Topic.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #847 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:58 am

Post by zoraster »

i'm neighborizor. As I claimed.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #850 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:04 am

Post by zoraster »

It wasn't even his idea! It was mine.

I don't think it's a stupid gambit, though obviously it worked out pretty shitty. Here's how we viewed it:

LD softclaims and then hardclaims cop guilty on me. Unless there's a second scum team out there, Mafia KNOWS he's faking or thinks I'm a miller or something. So mafia are the ONLY people in the game who can try to play the "oh, let's just hold up a minute guyz" card and white knight. So we planned to use LD's cop power (which was unused when he died) on someone who white knighted me. Mafia has ZERO incentive to kill LD at that point because they're pretty sure he's faking and if I die and flip town, then town turns on LD so why have mafia care?

Alternatively, from my perspective, maybe LD is just messing with me and is actually mafia. STILL, in that situation, mafia can't kill him .

The only way I see what happened happening is if (a) they have a rolecop and got curious what the hell was giong on or (b) if there's some funky power role crap going on in the background. I prefer the simpler path of a, but I really don't know. It just doesn't make sense for LD to get killed pulling that gambit. It was pretty safe from my perspective because even if people doubted him after the gambit, I could easily back him up.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #854 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:36 am

Post by zoraster »

once again: why the hell would scum shoot LD? They had to have thought he WASN'T a cop because he had a guilty on me. So shooting him would be extraordinarily dumb. What you're saying is true only in hindsight where scum knew that he was cop somehow. But unless scum thought I was miller or had a rolecop or something, they'd be unlikely to kill him.

I still think it was a gambit that made sense from where we were. Lynch me if you must, but don't make up reasons that it was a bad play from the view you have NOW rather than the one we had before. I think it was a pretty smart, low risk play. The biggest mistake in hindsight is that
I
should have been the one to claim cop rather than him. But that was a pretty minor point at the time.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #856 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:48 am

Post by zoraster »

yes. at least that has the virtue of being logical rather than claiming the plan was flawed because mafia could shoot, even if that's not what happened here. I understand why people would be hesitant to believe me here, but I mostly just don't want to catch shit later because some assholes decided to second guess what should have been a pretty good plan.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #858 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:16 am

Post by zoraster »

i don't know. I claimed first as I obviously added him to a neighborhood. he claimed right after that without much fanfare.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #860 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:40 am

Post by zoraster »

that's my point reck. that's exactly my point. that's why it doesn't make sense, which is why it was unexpected and left me here screwed. the plan wasn't faulty: some third thing is around. whether that's a rolecop or some weird other role.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #863 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 am

Post by zoraster »

I submitted the request to neighborize him on Saturday and then it was set up a bit after noon. We went back and forth on Saturday night and then I wasn't really around on Sunday, but told him to go ahead. The we discussed his full claim during the Day shift. I chose him because we had already engaged on each other and it seemed an easy person to grill if I needed to do so.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #865 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am

Post by zoraster »

i don't understand your point.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #867 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:23 am

Post by zoraster »

credibility? I have no idea. I didn't coach him through every single thing he did or anything. the plan was to fake a guilty on me, not to be a hydra.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #870 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:14 am

Post by zoraster »

...we weren't tag teaming. i told you our approach.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #890 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:55 am

Post by zoraster »

town by solid scum play more like.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #893 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 am

Post by zoraster »

because, as i said: i did not expect scum to kill LD. he should have been left alive. but for whatever reason, either scum got lucky or they used something to find out that LD was actually the cop he was claiming -- even if they knew his result was bogus. Although I suppose they could be worried of multiple scum teams.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #896 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:12 am

Post by zoraster »

yeah, i probably should. but i'm on VLA until Sunday with my family, so the ability to go back and analyze may not be before the shift deadline.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #903 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 897, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 896, zoraster wrote:yeah, i probably should. but i'm on VLA until Sunday with my family, so the ability to go back and analyze may not be before the shift deadline.
How about an opinion on Goat, ika, and Zepher?
without going back and reviewing because i'm still on my phone: don't know, town, town.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1185 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:23 am

Post by zoraster »

VOTE: Zoraster

Okay, okay. You caught me. I'm obviously scum. Didn't really think i had much chance there, but figured I might as well try.

I'm Rebecca Berrie, the Assistant Manager Who Has Hobbies That Interfere With Her Work (Secret Traitor). Apparently I flip Goon, but if I hammer myself and certain (unspecified) event(s) occur, I get to come back to life as an IC. Unfortunately, I do not actually know my scummates. So help a brother out and figure out how to get that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”