dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:00 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 7, DOMO wrote:When I first found out about Robin's death, I thought my housemate said Robbie, so you can imagine how gutted I was when he said "no, ROBIN".

It's been a bad yeah, losing Robin and Rik Mayal. Who's gonna be next? Joan Rivers? Dear god I hope not.

Friend of mine at work spent all day thinking it was Robbie Williams. When the penny finally dropped she did say "I was surprised when you said he was only 63... I had a feeling that Robbie Williams was younger but I wasn't sure."

In other news, VOTE: powerful townie
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:19 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 29, Not the mafia wrote:Casual reminder that I'm in the game. gl hf

This is a really weird post.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:20 am

Post by dybeck »

NWe can Random Vote, or we can discuss Blink-182 all day.

Trust us, random voting is more productive in finding scum.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:52 am

Post by dybeck »

Does Reinoe always do that?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:14 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 64, reinoe wrote:I'm gonna say this one time only. If you don't want to read it that's why it's in spoilers.

Or we could just lynch you, to save us all the bother of having to indulge your self-indulgent crap. Seriously, nobody here gives a rats ass about any of the content of your spoilers and I think we'd all prefer it if you just didn't bother us with it all.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 72, Baezu wrote:Did anybody stop to think that reinoe might be forced to do that due to his role PM? I'm just saying people don't need to up in arms about it

Trying to think what Robin Williams movie that would be. I don't recall one with a prominent diary/blog but I suppose it's possible... There's certain roles (Jack, maybe?) Where the instruction could be more generic (post like a little kid without a real emotional outlet, maybe) but it's a bit of a reach.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by dybeck »

Oh wait, I'm being a dick. Mork from Ork. Obviously. That actually makes sense. Sorry Reinoe.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by dybeck »

Also, sorry for third post, but I can't imagine any mod giving a post restriction like that to scum, so I'm going heavy town on Reinoe.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 am

Post by dybeck »

If there are three, we could probably expect scum to have some significant power roles for the game to remain balanced. If e do find scum start flipping with power roles, we want to look seriously at whether this a big scum slip.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 96, Obscurity wrote:dybeck, why did you make that remark about the origin of reinoe's alleged post restriction?

Have you ever seen Mork and Mindy? At the end of every episode, Robin Williams' character always makes a report about the stuff he's been up to over the course of the day.

It's plausible that a "Mork" character would have some kind of post restriction requiring him to do the same. It doesn't
necessarily
imply town, but in my experience non-mechanical post-restrictions are more for town than for scum (unless they're global), and Mork was a character generally inclined towards good behaviour, which is why I'm leaning town on him.

And I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Mork in the game - given it was Williams' breakthrough character, and his longest-running TV role.

I'd ask Reinoe straight out, but I don't want to put him in a position to get modkilled if he's not allowed to say. I think we should give him latitude on it and he'll tell us what he can, when he's ready.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:58 am

Post by dybeck »

VOTE: Not the mafia.

There are lots of people not posting, but Not the Mafia is checking the thread, posting, but not doing anything resembling scumhunting. There's still that weird first post that grates on me, and this is a far better vote than my RVS vote.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:58 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 103, PeregrineV wrote:Nothing specific today guys, catchup tomorrow

Five pages and this is the best you can do?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #126 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 124, Not the mafia wrote:
In post 117, Adelina wrote:Dude, if you're town, fight. Don't resort to AtE and throw up the white flag. Fight to live and find scum.

Adrien

I've tried. I did everything I could to prevent you all from wasting your lynch, but without anything concrete to divert you to, I have nothing else to say that could help. I'll do what I can while I'm here, but unless someone is willing to confess, I'm as good as dead.

Mafia may not be the game for you, I fear.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:57 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 130, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:
In post 129, DOMO wrote:
In post 128, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:i play about 4-7 games at once and most of them are 13p. so my inital thought is 3 scums. you fixation on 4 scums existing is intresting though.

I like what you did here. Accuse me back of the same thing I'm accusing you of. Nice. You drop three names as scum, and then point the finger at me for thinking there will be four. And fixation? I have an expectation based on game size. But fixation is a better buzz word, I'll grant you that.

Your reason for saying three, I can accept that. What concerns me more is that you were more interested in me asking where AP was than you were in responding to my question about why you named three. It felt like you were trying to sweep it under the carpet. Surely town realises that such a comment can be perceived as scummy, and seeks to clarify the thought process that led to it. But you needed a nudge to get it out of you. I sense a lack of town motivation here.

You know you shount be trying this kind of thing on me. it will quickly get you into a 1v1 with me.

i am stating that scums have more knowlage so you keeping up on the "4 scums must exist thing" is whats pining me. heck i could argue that if 4 scums exist, my idea of 3 scums is a town-slip.

your attack on my credability is noted though. i go with gut instincts.

You seem very excited by the prospect of persecuting someone to a lynch. Any particular reason? On a scale of 0 to 10, how confident are you that he's scum?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:18 am

Post by dybeck »

Townie - you're a hydra right?

I think it would be helpful if you signed your posts - your personality seems very swingy and it would be easier to ascertain whether you were scum if I could gauge who was who.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #159 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by dybeck »

Seriously... Reinoe fakes post restrictions? And presumably he didn't realise people from this game would know that. Was he scum in the last game he did this in? What was his reasoning for doing it?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by dybeck »

Did it get him lynched like it really should have done?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #164 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by dybeck »

Umm... Who's pushing for your lynch? I was your biggest advocate until you got caught in a likely lie. Believe me, this is the longest I've ever let anyone slide without evoking Lynch All Liars. Let's not push it, son.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #167 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by dybeck »

Someone gave him a lame post restriction.

It's either him or the mod. My money, based upon form, is it's him.

The question is not so much about that... It's more that if he does it routinely, just to be a douchebag, rather than because he's scum, is that sufficient not to act on LAL. What was the previous game? I want to read it.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by dybeck »

Reinoe, highlighting those words in big red letters doesn't actually hide the fact that they were part of a
negative
assertion about your scumminess.

I was asserting that you were a douchebag, rather than scum. I maintain both of those standpoints.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by dybeck »

I have a vote myself. If I thought you were the lynch for today, I would be using it. I think there are bigger news stories in this game than some little kid who thinks it's funny to invent fake post restrictions. Being a silly little boy is a null tell. But advice for the future - liars tend to get lynched. You should stop doing it.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #177 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 am

Post by dybeck »

Let's just make this very clear. One of two things is true. Either Reinoe is telling the truth about his post restriction, which I've already made very clear makes me lean heavy town on him, because it seems like a strange thing for a mod to do to a scum player, and because the role I think it implies seems quite townlike to me.

Or he's lying about his post restriction, which makes him a silly little boy, but we've established that this is entirely consistent with his "town" meta, so it's probably a null tell. I hope the town lynched him in his other game, when they didn't have the town meta to go on. Lying is scummy. Please don't do it. But in this case, for the reasons I've stated ad nauseam, I don't support, won't support, and am not trying to get others to support, a Reinoe lynch.

Now let's get off this sideshow and start looking at the lurkers who are still lurking, NtM who is simultaneously acting very scummy but also strikes me that if he is town, would be an easy target for a scum-driven mislynch, and all those who are on the easy NtM wagon, to work out why they're there.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #181 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:31 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 179, Adelina wrote:
Unvote: Not the Mafia
Vote: Dybeck

Reinoe got him! NTM can wait.

*headdesk*
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #185 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 178, DOMO wrote:They did lynch him, you can view the game by taking the post number link from the post itt that was quoted from it, see #162

the role I think it implies seems quite townlike to me.

I'm not comfortable giving town points to people due to their character. Any mod worth his or her salt will not allow flavour to break the game. Mork the ork might be friendly, but he might also be scum. Same with Mrs Doubtfire or any other friendly Robin character.

Completely agree - but it's a consideration. Main point is the post restriction that seems unscumlike. And don't forget Reinoe's hasn't even claimed Mork - that was just my hypothesis when the subject was his supposed post restriction, because I had said I couldn't think of a single Robin Williams character with a prominent blog and then immediately remembered one. I don't think expecting scum to all have "evil" Robin Williams roles is even possible, because 'One Hour Photo' aside, I don't think there are enough nasty Williams characters for a scumteam. When we have some flips, some clues might become apparent, but it's pointless speculating at this stage. Probably even harmful, because there are some Williams roles that feel to me like they'd be good candidates for power roles.

I agree also that NTM lynch is too easy. That said, you're on it. Why are you on this wagon if you have problems with it?

He's still my scummiest player, for all the reasons I said when we voted him in the transition out of the RVS. It's just notable that his wagon has swelled very quickly, which I find is quite often a symptom of a wagon with scum on it.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #203 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by dybeck »

Lol @ the wagon on me.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #204 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by dybeck »

It's like most of you have never played mafia before. Honestly it kills me.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #215 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 199, Brandi wrote:Though I didn't see it until I actually was already posting, I had no idea it had been over 2 days since I last posted. I'm glad you were thoughtful enough to make that post.

Can anyone who's played with Brandi before tell me if she's naturally nice, or whether this is an insincere attempt to cozy up to the only player that's got some established (albeit not universally agreed) town-credentials?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #218 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:19 am

Post by dybeck »

My working hypothesis is still that NottheMafia is scum. I don't buy the "too scummy to be scum" defence, particularly with new players.

At 6 or 7 votes, he looked in danger. His scumbuddies then had a choice of bussing him or trying to save him.

When Reinoe made several posts about his suspicions of me being scum, I looked for all the world like a potentially easy target for an alternative lynch. The Plagiarist, the only other choice, wasn't posting heavily and didn't look like he'd give the same level of strong reaction as I would. And then, out of nowhere, up pop alelina, Regal and Baezu to stir up a viable counterwagon. Regal hopped on and then hopped off when it appeared to be going nowhere, and Baezu is voting me despite subsequently apparently posting about a townread on me.

I think it's distinctly possible that NtM is not only scum, but scum with a power role worth saving. And I think it distinctly possible that one of Regal and Baezu is scum with him.

And if the scum do have power-roles, then three scum is more likely than four. And I still haven't forgotten Powerful Townie's statement about there being three scum.

Is it actually this easy?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #228 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by dybeck »

BtM has caught me. I have been speculating and probing. I admit it.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #229 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by dybeck »

Although NtM... I don't think I've ever pretended that my speculation was anything other than speculation and hypothesis. Can you point to a specific example?

I must say I'm very glad you're posting again. Was worried you'd gone into hiding.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #239 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:35 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 237, Obscurity wrote:
Vanity wagons are totally in, BTW.
Unvote, Vote: Baezu

What do you mean by this?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #257 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 255, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:yes im making myself amy own scum case

This is Not Helpful.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #264 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:41 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 263, Titus wrote:
In post 257, dybeck wrote:
In post 255, POWERFUL TOWNIE wrote:yes im making myself amy own scum case

This is Not Helpful.

Everyone has their own methods. I will learn more about them through this. ika is not a rational player(meaning logical, not implying insanity). You cannot read people by usefulness to you but use their intent.

lolwut?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #267 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 am

Post by dybeck »

I think we've covered Reinoe's fake post restriction in enough detail.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #274 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 272, Brandi wrote:
In post 267, dybeck wrote:I think we've covered Reinoe's fake post restriction in enough detail.

What is the point of posts like these? You don't know his PR is fake.

Well the point was the exact opposite of what it achieved... To get everyone back on track to find scum and start talking about Reinoe's silliness. We know this is something he does for fun. It's stupid and immature, but it doesn't necessarily make him scum.

Reinoe, you need to look more widely at the game. You've gotten stuck in a rut where you've convinced yourself I'm scum. It's fine to think I'm scum but you do need to look at the wider picture too.

Quoting NtM's post is a really bad reason to vote me. It accuses me of being scum for speculating and probing. That's what everyone should be doing. I'd love to see more of that. I will carry on being suspicious of everyone because THAT'S THE GAME OF MAFIA!

Excessive inquiry is not what helps scum. Apathy is what helps scum.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #275 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 274, dybeck wrote:Well the point was the exact opposite of what it achieved... To get everyone back on track to find scum and start talking about Reinoe's silliness.

I mean
stop
talking about it not
start
obviously.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #281 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:30 am

Post by dybeck »

We have 4 days to make a decision. NtM has carefully gone silent, except for his one prod-dodger post to re-ignite the wagon on me. Clearly I have a vested interest because the world's favourite alternative lynch seems to be me, but we really shouldn't let him lurk his way to safety.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #283 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 am

Post by dybeck »

Four minutes forty-two seconds must be a new record for suddenly appearing after being called out as lurking scum.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #290 (isolation #38) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 288, Not the mafia wrote:I'm reading and responding by mobile. I hadn't been called out for lurking by the time I started replying. You still haven't explained to me your thought process in making me out to be scum by the way.

The motivation of scum is just to stay alive - the nightkills will take care of the rest, because you already knows who is scum. If you were town, I would expect to see a lot more evidence of looking around to see who might be scum rather than just defensiveness.

There is something in your posts that seem notably self-centric. Even your incessant attacks on me give me a feeling of an effort to discredit the accusations against you by seeking to undermine the town-credentials of the person making them.

Your horrible appeal to emotion in the middle of the day is a symptom of the same disease - self-preservation over active scumhunting.

Add to this the fact that you went so noticeably into lurk mode the moment you came under suspicion from a number of people, and then immediately popped back to life when you realised someone had noticed what you were up to - has all the hallmarks of someone whose only motivation is to stay alive, not to seek ways to secure a town win.

The interesting thing about going for my lynch rather than trying to establish your own town-credentials is that it's a horrible strategy. If the only town-credentials you've established are that I might be scum, because even if you get me lynched, I'll flip, and everything your case was built on will evaporate.

@Titus
- I would be really interested in hearing your reads on people.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #291 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 am

Post by dybeck »

I
really
hope PV is town.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #306 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 302, PokerFace wrote:hello all, I am replacing burn

I will read all things soon and post. anything urgent i need to know?

I suggest you read for yourself. You are a markedly better mafia player than anyone else here, so I would form your own conclusions. Just note that we're not a million miles from deadline.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #310 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:42 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 307, reinoe wrote:
In post 306, dybeck wrote: You are a markedly better mafia player than anyone else here,

Wooohooo. Look at that ass-kissing.

Dybeck is scum.

It was more a comment about how god-awful the rest of the town is. It's literally the single worst town I've ever seen in terms of laziness and lack of investigative ability. Poker, on the other hand, is a pretty experienced player and I hope he spurs some action.

Reinoe, you need to get off your OMGUS high horse. Yeah I was on your case for your screwing around with post restrictions. Yeah I called you names. But for goodness sake at least try and do something other than "OMG DYBECK MADE A POST ABOUT X THING LOOK EVERYBODY HE MUST BE SCUM". Apart from anything else, it's really boring.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #327 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:58 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 325, Brandi wrote:
Please, Titus, post more.

I also really want Titus' reads.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #329 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by dybeck »

Poker, if you're going where I think you're going on Reinoe, just remember how reactionary this town is, and that it's Day 1. Not all bears need prodding.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #339 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:12 am

Post by dybeck »

"Why do we have three competing wagons?"... And then immediately kick off a vanity fourth?

Seriously?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #352 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 am

Post by dybeck »

I don't really get the plagiarist wagon - he's posted very little, but so have a lot of people.

And he notably went out on a limb and declared both me and reinoe town in #209, when it would have been the easiest thing in the world for scum to whisk up our heated discussion into a scum case on one or other of us. Plenty of people did (probably both scum and town). Did Plagiarist really just take a gamble that the town would destroy itself even without his help to gain town-credits?

That's pretty bold and smart play, if so, particularly at that early stage.

Plagiarist needs to post more, but I don't think he's scum.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #356 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 am

Post by dybeck »

In post 355, Brandi wrote:Also one more thing, I agree with Dybeck's post in #352, no support for the plagiarist wagon from me. His wagon though, is pretty scummy.

What's scummy about the wagon? It has two of my three most town players on it.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #357 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:27 am

Post by dybeck »

Also, thirding the request for extension, particularly if you're still looking for replacements. This is the first time in the game that discussion has been really healthy and it would be a shame to curtail it now.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #359 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

Post by dybeck »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think PeregrineV is scum. I expect I'll pick up a bunch of votes for even suggesting it, but everything in my gut says he's scum and I've been playing mafia a very long time. I've been loath to say it because it would be pointless so close to deadline - and on balance I think I still prefer an NtM lynch, but if we're getting an extension, I want to get it out there and see what others think.

I don't buy "too scummy to be scum" but in a way I subscribe to "too townie to be town". His posts are quiet and non-controversial, and for me way too measured. For me, there's something horrible about being town - it's frustrating to not know who's who and too be scrabbling in the dark for information. There's none of that in his posts. They are perfunctory - enough to fly under the radar, and there's been enough going on with (probably) town-on-town arguments that he's needed to do no more.

It's sort of what I was getting at in #291 - it's something that's been bugging me for a while about him.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #380 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 375, Lowercase wrote:Still want you to flavor claim or rescind the PR.

You get used to it after a while. He's pretty much decided to commit to it now though. Let him have his fun and find something else to talk about because we've done his "post restriction" to absolute death, honestly.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #413 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by dybeck »

In post 404, Adelina wrote:My vote is still on Dybeck, but I would be okay with switching back to NTM. Those are my top two scumreads.

-Adrien

Well if you do it soon, you might even get the NtM wagon to fly before people notice how scummy you are.

unvote
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #414 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by dybeck »

No wait. Still VOTE: not the mafia. I thought that was scum adelina setting up two non-scum wagons, but it could as easily be scum adelina preparing to bus.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #415 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by dybeck »

Actually, no. Isoing Adelina I'm surprised I've given him a pass on such blatant lurking in plain sight and opportunistic wagonhopping throughout this whole day. And he was about to do it again. VOTE: adelina.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #422 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:32 am

Post by dybeck »

I like a Titus wagon more than a Baezu wagon.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #427 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:40 am

Post by dybeck »

We should give Baezu a chance to claim before we drop a hammer

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”