Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 270, zMuffinMan wrote:You could argue that he wouldn't do this [referencing the forced "trying too hard" part] as scum because it would make him look bad, but I think that's rather silly. First, it's confusing what actually happened with what he thought would happen. Second, it's assuming he had the foresight to know he'd come across looking bad to the playerlist as a result

But what actually happened is nothing. He had zero votes/people attacking him when he already backed down, it's not like he started the push not knowing it would make him look bad, and backed down after it happened, since he didn't expect that. He started getting heat because of the way he suddenly changed his mind, backed off and jumped on an other wagon.

All in all to me it looks like he thought he was onto something and decided to put it to use to move the game forward from fluff RVS fooling around (which I think is good), but realized he was wrong soon after so he backed down and proceeded with the same mindset trying to get reads and reactions with the wagonbuilding. I don't see the apparent contradiction between his reason for voting SB, and backing down.

In post 251, The_Relentless wrote:also I just realized I townslipped earlier but I am gonna let somebody else point it out cuz otherwise nobody will take it seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you just pointed out the fact that you think it's there which kinda defeats the purpose of an "unaware" townslip being noticed by someone else.

PEDIT: oh wow a whole page just happened in the meantime.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 321, zMuffinMan wrote:My thoughts on this are basically (assuming he is scum): He started the attack thinking it would be a good way to come across like he was "scum hunting", didn't realise how forced it actually looked, starting realising he had no ground to stand on after a few posts and needed to back off somehow, did it in a really awkward way that he didn't realise was so awkward, and then was stuck not knowing what to do so threw his vote on Shadoweh so it looked like he was still doing something productive.

Well that's a possible scenario of coruse, it's that in your original post I quoted it looked like you were making the point that he didn't know he'd look bad for the push, and had to back down when it happened, and that looked off as there have been no visible signs of that from others at that point.

It's not so much that I'm townreading him, as much as I don't think he's scum for doing that. Other than this Serenes stuff there has been lots of this half jokingly giving out town/scumreads stuff, meta reading each other or referencing past games and I can't do much regarding that.

I kinda agree about Rylai's post, he did say it was 4 AM and was going to sleep though, not sure about that as an excuse for it, we'll see how he follows it up I guess.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 342, zMuffinMan wrote:
No, I was making the point that the argument someone had made at some point (maybe SB?) was that Serene wouldn't have done it in the first place as scum because it would make him look bad. I don't think that is the case.

In fact, what you quoted was in direct response to that and I don't think it was particularly ambiguous what I was referring to, either. *shrug*

I'm still interested in why you chose that of all things going on in the thread to make a response to. There may be a lot of meta-stuff and whatnot, but there's still plenty of other things you could choose to respond to.

Why are you so concerned with me picking on something you wrote? You're misunderstanding me anyway, it's the order of events I was referring to as in making a push -> looking bad -> backing down vs making a push -> backing down -> looking bad due to this. I decided to address this that's that.

In post 342, zMuffinMan wrote:For example, do you have no thoughts on relentless, SP and the wagons that have built up on them?

Do you have any reads at all?

Thoughts obviously, as for reads leaning either way I've yet to decide on that, and I won't tryhard it either until I do.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by Drezi »

VOTE: Rylai

So we have more of this quick thoughts before sleep again.

In post 409, Rylai Crestfall wrote:Anka: Literally forgot existed, some reads would be nice

Notscience: Actually I have no idea what his reads are completely, at least GIF provides something if not much of anything, and I think I'll stick my vote here while waiting for stuff

Seems like you picked people off the top of your head to ask for reads, also as for notsci "I have no idea what his reads are
completely
" while that could be said for a bunch of other players just as easily.

In post 409, Rylai Crestfall wrote:GIF: If you say you only townread, then I could let that slide for now. And not for long.

It looks pretty hypocritical (and as an attempt at appearing to be on top of things) to address GIF with that threatening "I could let that slide for now" tone, while you yourself haven't been doing much.
Still you call out Anka saying "you even forgot they existed" (what about me or Gaiden for example for that matter?). What makes the lack of reads from notscience different than the rest you didn't even mention, so that it makes you vote him for?

In post 409, Rylai Crestfall wrote:Actiondan: Cool with since he's actually posting (I also like what he's posting so)

He gave you an early townread, and you like his posts well, ok.

In post 409, Rylai Crestfall wrote:Thdgk: Updated reads on Serene and anybody else you think might be scum would be nice

And this feels just as random, like Lily has been focusing on burning down the forest in most of their posts, latest ones included, and even voiced who else might be scum according to them in and so ???
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by Drezi »

In post 432, Shadoweh wrote:Oh my god. No one is going to read that.
In post 437, Ankamius wrote:Can you sum it up for me? I'm not reading it either.
In post 458, ActionDan wrote:I didn't read SkyP's post! though skimming it it seems like moonlogic was employed!
I'm kind of baffled by this attitude. I'd understand it if it was Sky walling constantly failing to compress his thoughts and by the third or at least second wall he ends up like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and you just sigh and skip/skim his content. That is not the case here however and some people like pie have written a lot more words so far, and you have no problem reading that apparently. Is the fact that for Sky it's under a single post such a concern?

All in all I'm getting a townie feel out of Sky's post, also I like how he went to check plenty of games for the validity of SB's casual claims.

Points I could find issue with:

Some of the "Why -> because you are scum" conclusions when put that way feel like outright disregarding other possible explanations.
In post 431, Sky_Paladin wrote:"Why are you confused about why you voted?" -> Because you are scum.
Here I don't even get where the "pie is confused about why they voted" comes from.
In post 235, pieguyn wrote:I don't like Sky_Paladin's push on Serenes very much ... the point about being "reckless" is more of a straw man than an actual point.
In post 277, pieguyn wrote:I still don't see how he gets "reckless" from Serenes' initial reasoning
This looks quite consistent to me.

In post 431, Sky_Paladin wrote:That is why it was, frankly, bizarre that Rylai/Kilga/Pie were voting me for challenging Serene, and argued semantics over reckless-or-not-reckless. It was always about "Why did you change your vote?"
I like semantics, and usually I find it to be a valid point, since if you take it lightly it's very easy to (even unintentionally) strawman someone, or get strawmanned yourself. However in this particular case the explanation of inquiring for a more elaborate answer to "why did you change for vote" being the main focus makes sense, regardless of the reckless thing.

Also we can't check the games from SM without registering, but I don't think he'd fake that, as it's quite easy to check. I did not register to do so though, could an other SM player verify the references perhaps?
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Post by Drezi »

In post 459, Sakura Hana wrote:I like the analysis brought up by SP, But one thing that i don't get is if SP thinks both SF and SB are scum

Meh, it's been brought up before but this SP SB SF is making things harder to read unnecesarily, could we perhaps stick to Serene/Forest, SB and Sky or something along these lines?
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:00 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 464, zMuffinMan wrote:and seeing what you want to see

That's quite ironic for you to say when it's exactly what you're doing. Looks like you decided I was scum some time ago and you're just pushing suspicion here and there while parking your vote on pie, and simply labeling everything I do as "something you could see scum doing" superficial etc. while keeping your options open with stuff like:
In post 417, zMuffinMan wrote:While I think Rylai is quite possibly scum (or at least has not done anything that looks town), I don't think Drezi's points are all that strong.
In post 422, zMuffinMan wrote:Ignoring the possibility he could be scum with Rylai

---

In post 464, zMuffinMan wrote:Though I'm not really in the mood to do this [force a lynch] right now.
How generous of you. All you're doing here is assuming a poisition of power and sending a message not only to me but everyone trying to oppose you in the future.

I'm not liking the muffin one bit so far.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 am

Post by Drezi »

I voted Rylai and you think:
A) Drezi might be the scum here
B) Rylai might be the scum here
C) They could be scum together
In post 466, zMuffinMan wrote:nothing you quoted is actually me "keeping my options open"
ok.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:35 am

Post by Drezi »

I think I clearly demonstrated the difference between [the way you presented your stance] and [thinking 2 people are scum]
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Drezi »

Not necessary, everyone else will decide for themselves at this point.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:45 am

Post by Drezi »

^ That was a reply to 471
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:47 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 472, zMuffinMan wrote:can you talk about your reads and thoughts on the game outside of the 5 or so people you've mentioned in your posts this game?

Nope, I'll continue to post as I see fit.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 486, zMuffinMan wrote:The question I asked him was specifically because he was around and I wanted to see how genuine he could be in his thoughts without time to manufacture a response ... and I think he shrugged it off because he does need time to manufacture his reads

Oh no, this is being so disingenuous.

We've already had a
very
similar exchange in & , and I clearly told him I wouldn't force any reads that are still shaping up, yet he once again pushed that question, only to use it to further his case on me.

In post 478, zMuffinMan wrote:I think you're scum and nothing you're saying is changing my mind.

Vote: Drezi

Yeah, the wolf has been going around me in circles of a while, and now is jumping at my throat at last, but for some reason that's ok for him to do, while he's holding this against me:
In post 422, zMuffinMan wrote:(Not to mention he was setting up for that vote for since his previous post, which is part of why I think it sounds a little forced

I clearly said that I'd wait and see in , I guess waiting for further developments before deciding on a vote is something that's scummy only when done by me. :roll:

I don't feel my vote is in a wrong place atm, but definitely
FoS muffin
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Drezi »

^ and that's because I can potentially still see him as an overzealous townie, while Rylai still hasn't made an attempt at sorting anything out.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Drezi »

Alright read the latest developments, first I'll address this:
In post 531, zMuffinMan wrote:he made a case on fruit so low-hanging they had to dig a fucking 10-metre hole in the ground so it wouldn't actually touch the ground, therefore he's not the same as he was as scum and must be town.
Yeah, you're right, and at the same time you are making a case on someone, who attacked this fruit-so-low hanging, becoming a just as easy target themselves.. Wow you're on a whole new level of things scum would never possibly like to do!

Scummy stuff <- Those pushing scummy stuff <- Those who attack the ones picking on the "low hanging fruits"

Both scum AND town appear in all of these categories obviously. Yes I took issue with what Rylai said, as I had no reason not to, all while being perfectly aware that it's an easy target. You repeat it over and over that it's so easy for scum to do. Yes it is, just like joining the third category would have been, like you had done, and I don't claim it makes me a shining pedestal of towniness at all as you'd put it, but I certainly do not see why I'd prefer to do that as scum, or more importantly why I WOULDN'T do it as town...

Now as for my issues with the muffin - take note that my observations come my own "biased" POV here, since I know I'm town, thus I can be certain that the scenario of muffin legitimately being onto real scum (which others might consider a favorable possibility) is in fact impossible.

Soon after my first post he started questioning me:
In post 321, zMuffinMan wrote:Why are you commenting on this in particular, though?
In post 342, zMuffinMan wrote:For example, do you have no thoughts on relentless, SP and the wagons that have built up on them?
Do you have any reads at all?
In post 347, zMuffinMan wrote:why you're not commenting on anything else, despite apparently at least having thoughts on them.
He admittedly had already made up his mind, that I'm more likely to be scum before the game even started , .
He might be openly biased towards me being scum from the get go, but the questions he's asking only serve as a way of driving me down that predetermined path, rather than a townie mindset of actually trying to figure out if his initial suspicions are correct. Sure, I might be thinking too much into it here, but I really don't see the point of these negative questions ("do you have no thoughts..." etc.) coming from town. The
way
these are asked, all they can accomplish is making me feel uneasy/forced to hurry up with my posting, regardless of my alignment.

pushing for reads again (no problem in itself), but apparently expecting a different attitude, and finding my repeated decline scummy, because unlike scum, town clearly wouldn't want to reread and iso before posting reads on people..

In post 496, zMuffinMan wrote:then you attempted to make everything he said look scummy. Which comes across as forcing the issue, rather than analysing the information before you.

I suppose you could argue that I have been doing the same, though you'd have to justify exactly where you think I'm forcing my reads.

Well, just look above, also you mainly kept repeating this:
In post 422, zMuffinMan wrote:I don't see really see this or how it makes him look town.
In post 464, zMuffinMan wrote:I don't really see a distinctively town thought process in it.
In post 466, zMuffinMan wrote:I'm looking at your posts as objectively as possible, and not seeing any town motivation in the way you've approached this game.
Great, and all still doesn't quite grasp what exactly makes me scum after all..

In post 517, zMuffinMan wrote:I think your [Sakura's] meta assessment is incredibly weak.
Well just for future reference, her assessment was exactly right, and yours wrong.

Also I skimmed through some of muffins games and in his scumgame in The Wire Season 1 it caught my eye that he's used an almost identical argument to scumpaint someone, as he did here with me. Obviously I do not claim this to be an end all be all thing, I thought it's worth noting nontheless:

Scum muffin from The Wire Season 1:
In post 1373, zMuffinMan wrote:titus-town is a different kind of awful posting though. titus-town makes her presence known, makes her thoughts and feelings on different players known, is actively trying to figure out the game in her own... special way... even if it's nonsensical there are elements of town play that shine through in the way she approaches the game

i mean, since you're using organic chemistry as an example, compare even the first 20 posts in that game to her entire ISO here
And here:
In post 517, zMuffinMan wrote:Some differences I'm noticing in that town game, for example... He was more open and willing to give reads and talk about them. The comments he made were more relevant to assessing alignment. The cases he was making had more substance than mere nitpicking. The entire tone of his posts was different.

Just as a quick example, compare his first posts in that Madoka game with any of his posts here:

In posts he keeps arguing with pie, his only point being, that pie has no real reason to townread me.
SURE MUFFIN, YOU GOT IT!! Nothing I've done is especially townie, that I couldn't do as scum! YOU ARE SO VERY RIGHT. And that's a significant point that makes me scum because..?

Also in he got fired up and included a strawman in his reasoning while at it:
In post 548, zMuffinMan wrote:And then FoSes me but clarifies he thinks I could be town but I also could be scum.
I FoSd him which by definition means I thought he was a very likely scum, and I saw a slight possibility of him being an overzealous townie. This is clearly a very different stance than "yeah he could be scum or he could also be town", which he presented it as..

All you're doing muffin is arguing (getting louder and angrier) with pie for having a gut townread on me (which is correct btw) while distracting everyone from the fact that you're not doing much with regards to making a case on what exactly makes what I'm doing scum motivated, what makes this push of yours any better on me than anyone else who is "not doing anything that scum couldn't do". Yes you can throw some more shit at me cause I'm defensive, and that's exactly because your whole case is based on me not being too townie, and there's not much to refute at all lol. You're just pushing your agenda mainly based on your pregame bias and lack of counterevidence, which you're trying your hardest not acknowledge as such from the get go anyway.

And just a taste of how scum muffin has no prob getting all worked up and emotional like while pushing his bs (for those who haven't known like me):
In post 718, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 707, BBmolla wrote:If we don't lynch Muffin, I'm probably gonna replace out, I can't really play this game in good conscious.
then replace out
seriously

i think you're most likely town, but you're fucking awful at this game. if you're going to play like a fuckwit, then fuck off. like regardless of whether my lynch goes through or not, fuck off if youre going to be useless. i'm sick of seeing dumb fuck maggots who think they know how to play
i'm almost hoping my read on you is shit and you're actually scum because otherwise your play this game has been lose-all-faith-in-humanity levels of appalling

No dramatic punchline, sorry.

VOTE: MUFFIN
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Drezi »

Since it looks like some people really want to know what's going on inside my head regarding those I'm not commenting about, I'll give a rough rundown:
-Flipflopping between scum and town with like every 2nd 3rd post they make: Sakura, Relentless and Ankamius to a lesser extent.

-I'd really like to townread, but I'm having a hard time, cause I could easily think of scum reasons for they play aswell: pieguyn.

-Townreading currently: tukdfgh Lily (and by extention GIF, since I think they share the same alignment) and ActionDan (yes he said he liked my first post, and I'm townreading him and you are all allowed to take note of this, without me jumping at your throat saying you're filthy scum for noting it).

-Left a weaker townie impression: Serene Forest, Malakittens, Kilga

-People I need to update my judgement of after taking the time to more then just skim their recent walls, and their past interactions: SB, Skypal

-Weaker scummy impression: Kagami, Shadoweh

-Nothing whatsoever: notsci, gaiden
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Drezi »

In post 694, Shadoweh wrote:Drezi be a dear and claim

I just woke up, I'm Tewi Inaba residing in the 2 player PT of Eientei with the Muffin, I have an investigative night ability and a daycard I can recover during the night.

In post 709, zMuffinMan wrote:Would it count as putting unfair pressure on you if I ask you to talk about these?

I would have probably posted about them if it was more than an inexplicable feel I'm getting from their posts. For Shadoweh it's really nothing more than that, as for Kagami, if I had to force myself to point at something, it probably would be the way Kagami seems to be clinging onto you (and maybe) and keeps talking about setup otherwise for the most part, it is giving me a weird feeling.

pieguyn seems to be a really awkward way of backing off on their prev stance and announcing intent to join the wagon. It's not like she couldn't just change her mind like Sakura did and vote.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by Drezi »

Nope, it's been locked, night talk only. I received the link in my role PM, in the topic it stated we're the only players with access and that's about it.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Drezi »

In post 731, pieguyn wrote:what you're doing right now

is pointing out something I found off before I'm lynched.

In post 720, pieguyn wrote:I really wish you would do a lot more that isn't just pushing zmuffin. the only strong push you made was on zmuffin, but it's pretty obvious you were forming most of these reads as the game progressed. why haven't you spent any time at all trying to pursue whatever it was that's making you flip flop back and forth on Sakura/Ank every 3 posts? or pursue Kagami/Shadoweh at all?

instead we get you pushing zmuffin even more, and while I can't say I think it looks disingenuous, I don't really like where your focus has been this game. it doesn't seem like you're really trying to figure out the gamestate here.

I guess I was waiting to see more from you and I'm not happy with what I saw :<

you're basically saying you're ok with going along with my lynch, but also saying that you're sorry that I'm getting lynched despite being quite possibly town.

In post 731, pieguyn wrote:you're aware Shadoweh declared intent to hammer? there's no reason for me to join the wagon

your vote doesn't matter, your opinion still does just as much, so don't try to act like you're not actually jumping on a wagon

In post 731, pieguyn wrote:as opposed to, again, trying to ask questions to confirm/deny the inexplicable feels you're supposedly getting on a lot of your reads

yes, I'm not going to go about and point useless questions at people (which seems to be the pinnacle of towniness here) because of my gut impressions right away, I'll wait and see and post when there's stuff I actually want them to answer to.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 736, pieguyn wrote:I'm pretty sure with Drezi-town scum-me has a lot more to gain in this situation by not flip flopping on him and continuing to defend him instead.
Well every argument like "scum-me would've been better off..." or "why would I as scum..." is null to me, because bringing up these arguments means you're conscious of these things, and thus as scum you'd play with that in mind aswell, being a step ahead of those scenarios.

In post 747, zMuffinMan wrote:Is there a reason you've completely ignored my response to your wall?
I've read your response, you emphasized/elaborated on your side of things again, but we had made our points already, it'd be just repeating ourselves all over if I started replying there (not that I'm unwilling, but seemed rather fruitless, and noone wants to read any more of that anyway).

In post 756, Sky_Paladin wrote:@Drezi

Am I correct in stating your role is essentially 'unlimited shot investigator'?
It might be. Or might be not. Why?

Also sorry, I haven't had the chance to properly read through all of this Skypal/SB/pie thing, will do that tomorrow.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 914, Sky_Paladin wrote:I don't believe the claim and I don't like the play. Drezi hasn't responded in thread since the heat has died off, either, despite promising content in 800.

I'm around, and I started going through all the walls, but it felt more like a chore so I put it off. And tbh I'm not overly motivated by this game right now.

I want to clarify that I have not lied in my claim in any shape or form, and while I found no reason to answer your question, I can do so or provide more details if that's the general consensus.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Drezi »

Just in case Muffin is killed next night, I think he should leave behind a list for us, so we'll still know who should be lynched each coming day. Including advised night vig targets would be preferred.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:49 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 960, Shadoweh wrote:I also lol'd at the guy in a neighbourhood with zMuf asking him to leave reads in thread.

:facepalm:
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:23 am

Post by Drezi »

VOTE: Sky_Paladin

If I'm not lynched today I'll replace out, since I'm way too bitter and demotivated by this game to spring into action and show I'm town at this point. I spent most of the day trying to debunk Muffin's stupid pregame bias case against me, and all I'm getting is why didn't I do this, why didn't I do that, whatever I do would be easy for scum to do aswell blahblah. I gave it a go two times, but Sky apparently decided to drown us in walls, which certainly worked for me, because I never finished.

I'm voting him because I think that the sheer volume of walls is getting counterproductive, and his attitude is in stark contrast with mine, I think town is kinda more likely to resign and accept that town gets mislynched D1 duh.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:39 am

Post by Drezi »

I thought mafia players would pick up on the not even subtle signs hinting it should not be taken literally.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 1060, zMuffinMan wrote:If it's just because you're being suspected, the pressure on you almost entirely evaporated after your claim, but you still made no effort to do anything. So I don't think that's the reason, either.

Before that I already accepted I'd be lynched, I started reading everything that I'd only skimmed before anyway, and I told how it ended.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 1069, Sky_Paladin wrote:Hi folks!

Drezi
If I'm not lynched today I'll replace out, since I'm way too bitter and demotivated by this game to spring into action and show I'm town at this point.

This is called claiming scum. You know what to do!

No, it is called being honest, and you grasping straws.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Drezi »

Ok seeing how I have more votes it might qualify more like as throwing shit at the other wagon.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Drezi »

Muffin:
Spoiler:
In post 705, zMuffinMan wrote:re:

I don't think you're "low-hanging fruit", but the discussion I was having with pieguy wasn't that you're scum because you're pushing Rylai
[and if you read my post I never claimed that to be what you think]
, but that this is the only thing you'd done in the game that could be argued as scum hunting
[and my point was, that even if you think so this would be more like null, not outright a reason to make a case on me]
I don't think pushing someone who is an easy lynch by itself is necessarily scummy (sometimes they are scum, it's just a fact)

Initially, the questions I asked you were designed to extract more information out of you and understand your intentions. And yes, perhaps my bias shone through in the way I phrased questions to you,
[you can call it bias shining through, I was talking about the outcome of asking them in that way]
but I don't see what the point you're trying to make about the way I phrased my posts to you is.

I think you tried to quote me forcing my reads or something at some point. Just to clarify, when I use the term "forcing reads", I mean picking on things that aren't actually scummy and suggesting they are to fit your reads.
[my point was that you were pushing your preconcieved read, based on repeating the same argument: the lack of counterevidence, which would normally be null state, but to you it meant scum, since that was the starting point]
This happens sometimes with, for example, people who do PBPA. But it also happens when someone breaks down every minor point in a post and suggests there's scum intent in everything, regardless of the actual content. It isn't necessarily a scum trait (since sometimes overzealous town can do this), but given this was the only thing you'd done in the game that could constitute scum hunting, it came across as forced.
[the whole dan point was simply me making an observation, since I commented on her whole post, not me making it look like proof of Rylai scum]
What you quoted is me thinking you're scum. Nothing more.

It looks like you pulled up a scum game of mine and you're trying to suggest that me looking at your meta is scummy because I've done it in a scum game once before. *shrug*
[obviously it's not looking at the meta which is scummy, as I said I found it peculiar that that structure of the whole post you used to scumpaint town based on their meta there, was exactly the same, point for point, even the order of them like what you did here, making it a precedent of how easy it is to make a scumread based on one's meta that way, even if they're actually town, and the very way of argumentation happened to be used against me here]

The discussion I was having with pieguy was because he suggested your town meta is like his (asking questions, being aggressive) and your scum meta is more passive. I pointed out that you weren't asking questions and you weren't forming opinions or scum hunting in any way (outside of arguably the Rylai post you made). If you're unsure why I think this is more likely to come from you as scum, then I don't know what to say.
[I just showed how easy it is to bullshit a scumpaint based on meta, and your actual posts I linked did NOT give the impression that you're making the argument that this is my scum meta, if you read them, they're all you asking pie "how does doing that make drezi town? why couldn't he do it as scum?", which is you attacking his townread, as I said]

The point I was making about you FoSing me but then saying I could still be an overzealous townie is that it wasn't the "firm" stance pieguy was suggesting it was, since you left a caveat that would potentially allow you to back out of it later if you so chose and not seem inconsistent.
[it was a strawman nonetheless, and that's what I pointed out. A FoS due to not wanting to unvote, might not be as firm as a vote, but sure as hell a lot more firm than what you made it look like]

I'm not quite sure what you think is similar about that final quote from The Wire and #534.
[it was nothing more than just an example to show how far you're willing to take your scumgame, and as such peopel shouldn't just trust you so blindly as they do here, just because you appear townie lol. I only included 534 because you were getting worked up there aswell, which might look devestatingly honest to some, but they'd might reconsider seeing the scumquote]
A small note, though; I was intentionally being emotionally manipulative in that game because it was {a} not something I'd ever done to that extent as scum before (and I was building my game around certain people who were very aware of how I play as scum), and {b} I felt it was absolutely necessary given the very poor position my predecessor had put me in that game. For the record, I detailed a lot of my thoughts about my play in that game in the scum QT, and this is what I wrote about it:

me in the [url=http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/98WaRBdpBXB]scum QT[/url] wrote:apologies to bbmolla in advance

as unethical as it may be, that was a staged experiment with a couple of ideas mixed into it that required me looking like i was getting angry at someone in the game

also sorry toasty if i may have broken any rules or anything (i'm not going to do it again, it was a one-time thing, if it didn't have the intended effect, then there is no point in repeating it anyway)

But again, I'm not quite sure what you see as similar about that post.

But seeing how people already sheeped you hardcore on your case to the point of not even wanting to read my wall (which was mostly quotes anyway) I didn't feel there was a point to arguing here any further..
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 1078, zMuffinMan wrote:but your play in this particular game has been lacking if you're town.

Sure, I'll give that to you, even though it looks more like a way of making excuses for yourself, since you know i'm town. In the Madoka game where scum Sakura tried to bullshit a scumread on me, I reacted the exact same way as I reacted to you here, and even though it was impossible for her to get me lynched there, I couldn't get her lynched either, got fed up and replaced out eventually just like here so whatever.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Drezi »

Except tactically replacing out is bannable afaik, and I wouldn't ever replace out of a game I still want to play anyway, but I guess you'd just have to take my word for that.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Drezi »

Haha, self-vote? Just how desperate are you? I'm the only conf town to me in this game.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Drezi »

Sure, I'll full claim, since it looks like I'm dead anyway, at least town knows my role wasn't too much of a loss.

I can investigate someone every knight, and get their Race. I get my spellcard back if it was human. My own race is not-human so I guess those are the two possible options?

My spellcard makes my next vote do nothing.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Drezi »

This is all I have dude :D
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 1112, zMuffinMan wrote:Drezi,

Can you talk about your current reads?

If that unofficial VC is correct, even now your lynch isn't set in stone.

Bleh I said I haven't read through everything, but from what I'm seeing right here, Shadoweh looks like she's itching to hammer me only waiting for someone else to say "go ahead", counting Dan's vote on me too, even though he didn't really appear like he endorsed my wagon.
I'm still not liking Sky's behavior how he's jumping up and down asking about my claim still suspecting I'm lying about it lol. I'm not too fond of the notion of Kilga parking his votes on all 3 wagons it's giving me a just go lynch anyone feeling, but he made his preferences clear at least, so it's not all bad I guess. ooba's posting hasn't really changed my opinion about him in any direction, wouldn't lynch. tkhgkkhhkgh hasn't been pushing ooba much, and seeing how he's been pushing Serene all day, I'd have expected him to be more vocal about his preferences and trying to convince others this close to the DL.
Your explanation for your bias kinda makes sense I guess so I'm getting second thoughts, but I think FG would include that regardless of which faction ended up with that ability.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Drezi »

I was scum, sorry.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”