Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (isolation #200) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

GiF, context matters!
Did Rylai kill Kilga, or did Kagami kill Kilga?

Re Katsuki:
Let's get real here. The reason you are throwing the game is because I scum sorted you for claiming SK, after generally town clearing Relentless. Calm down and eat a fish. You have nobody to blame but yourself for your mis action.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (isolation #201) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Rylai isn't dead...?

Please try again and check the names carefully. Or explain what I'm missing if possible.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (isolation #202) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm a robot beep boop you are all numbers to me.

But seriously if you have a confirm guilty, GiF, who is it on and why? Because Cat on the sat mat.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (isolation #203) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ghost Sword "Fasting of the young Preta"
- Rylai.

You can wait like the rest of us, thank you.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (isolation #204) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Rylai activated a card that has the effect of ending the phase immediately after GiF just asked for the phase to be drawn out a little longer, while we work out which of Rylai or Kagami is scum (because GiF can't English).

We also have Shadoweh who can end the phase if we need to.

I didn't realise Rylai was immune to spell cards after ALL of his cards, I just thought it was the first one you used. Oh well, wasn't sure how to use my spell card anyway...

FF: Yes, I claimed this card when I fullclaimed on day 1.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (isolation #205) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Thanks FF. That's what I was thinking Rylai wanted to avoid. Now we're good. At least, assuming that's your night talk card.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (isolation #206) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

OH MY GOD MUFFIN ARE YOU ALIVE AGAIN!?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (isolation #207) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Great. Every single one of my spell cards was effectively wasted. woop woop woop just gonna flail around over here.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2653 (isolation #208) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Check anyway.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (isolation #209) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:07 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I guess the issue is that you targeted a player who was effectively being watched and you were the only person seen when that player died - and your accuser is confirmed town.
This assumes scum used some kind of ninja shot and begs the question of if they had it, why it wasn't used n1 to dodge Rylai's card effect.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (isolation #210) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It seems spell card fails are announced. I don't recall Kagami stating his card had failed.

GiF did you see or did you not see Kagami target Thdgkms?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (isolation #211) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:18 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Or are you assuming that because Kagami announced that he targeted Thgkms on the night that he died, and you didn't get the message, that Kagami actually killed thgdms.

What about all this business of Kilga dying and Rylai already being dead?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (isolation #212) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

The only thing left I want to do this phase is ISO Pie, but since we're gonna be able to talk at night, I don't see any reason to drag things out.

I'm mainly concerned because I kind of remember Pie's push on me day 1 starting when Drezi's wagon fell apart, meaning he was essentially arguing for a Sky lynch over an Ooba lynch. His case appeared intimidating because there was so much of it, but it fell apart under the most basic scrutiny, so I was scum reading him for that. I seem to recall some questionable votes on SB and Serene Forest that I want to look in to when I have some time.

Regarding his night inactivity? Katsuki flips town -> Katsuki told the truth, Pie actually tried to blow up Katsuki but the action failed, and he lied about what he did. Katsuki flips scum -> There's no reason for scum!Pie to not use his ability on some other semi-random person (Ank or Rylai both plausible vig targets for N3) and we haven't satisfactorily concluded either way if scum can night hit + use an ability or spellcard.

So go ahead and blow up Katsuki, if that ends the game I don't have to ISO Pie. In any case, we certainly can't let Katsuki live to LYLO, even if we can prove his role, because he is not interested in looking for scum and will probably just hammer randomly.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (isolation #213) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (isolation #214) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Pie - what was the reason Not Science demanded you hammer on day 2?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (isolation #215) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Hey Katsuki, who do you think is scum, and why?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (isolation #216) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Who do you think is scum, Katsuki?

If you want to live so badly, why are you self voting?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (isolation #217) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Katsuki: After quickly reviewing your ISO, your scum picks are yourself and I.

Additionally: You hard defended Ooba, who flipped scum. You said that you wouldn't lynch him unless Ooba unless you Ooba gave out his mystery scum tell that only you knew, but despite having a topic to discuss with him to draw out this supposed tell, you never reported it. Your story is fraught with lies and changed version of events. It seems more reasonable that you're just scum.
Additionally: You, along with all the other flipped scum - Dan, Sakura, Ooba - spent the majority of their game pushing for a lynch of me. I should point out this trend is also shared by Ank.
Additionally: You've made no effort to clarify why I could be scum, or any effort to do anything other than argue with muffin how it's so unfair that everybody in the game is scum reading you.

There's no strategic value for keeping you alive, since nobody can believe your role claim or trust you to do anything remotely useful with it, because despite multiple opportunities you have failed to bring anything of value to the game.
There is some strategic value in your demise, since if you flip town, we supposedly get a town clear on Shadoweh (unless you lied about hiding even as town, because you lied about your role a heap of times this game, why not once more?), and if you flip scum, you're dead.

We also can't keep you alive because by your own admission you're not reading the game, and we can't trust you not to hammer confirmed town at some point.

Basically you've brought nothing to the game and I can't wait to see you out of it. Begone.

Cut: Do it now.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2714 (isolation #218) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@FakeGod
- did you ignore Rylai's vote because it wasn't bolded? Or is something unusual going on.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (isolation #219) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I tried so hard.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (isolation #220) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ank
Your attempts to resist the JK revealing target idea after we already had the discussion about why targeting me is the optimal choice

I think jailing confirmed town, or at least claiming an intent to, is the optimal choice since scum are likely to want to hit them.
Scum killing you would be ideal since you're 1/3 of our scum targets, and since I have reason to believe scum!Katsuki and scum!Ank, I'm sure you'll happily tweet in the next day phase "Geese guys, I was totes jailed by Katsuki, we can't be scum" regardless of what actually happened in the night phase. I'm not a fan of leaving Katsuki alive this day phase regardless unless he starts playing the game.

Also I don't think anybody really agreed to this strategy in the first place. There was some argument whether a passive ability still operates when jailed. That established that your plan was
possible
, and we still have time this day phase to consider it. My vote is no, because I don't trust you, or Katsuki.

if scum (that's not Katsuki) can still block, but the chances of that is virtually nothing.

I haven't seen anything in this thread to indicate that we have eliminated a scum roleblocker. Why do you think this is so?
What's to stop Katsuki from claiming he was roleblocked and just doing whatever he pleases?

Can we just lynch Rylai today?

If you can make a case where lynching Rylai is more likely to yield scum than lynching either yourself or Katsuki, you could persuade me to vote. However it still wouldn't matter, as the person you need to convince is Shadoweh, since she is the only one who can outvote Rylai at this point.
Rylai can also just end the phase whenever he feels like, so. Yeah we probably can't just lynch Rylai today no matter how much you think it's a good idea.

However if you want to make a case about why Rylai is scum? I think that would be a very good use of your time. At the moment I've mostly seen insinuations from you in all of your cases. Yesterday you categorically failed to make any substantiative case on me, your supposed number one scum read, and critically failed to vote for actual scum when you had two to choose from. If I had to choose between keeping you or Rylai in the game, right now I'd keep Rylai. Can you give me a good reason why you are a better choice?

If Katsuki doesn't jailkeep me tonight, then lynch him immediately tomorrow.

The problem is that if either of you are scum, which seems definite, you'll just lie about your actions.
Ank: "Wow gais, Katsuki didn't jail me" Kats: "WTF I totally did"
We have no idea which of you is scum or town.
Ank: "Wow gais I was jailed and Kats targeted me" "Uh huh sure did" "Oh look two town died somehow, well it wasn't us, we were busy making out"
Totally plausible as both of you as scum or both of you as town.

I'd prefer to vote based off of in game interactions and associations with known scum flips and voting history, over unknown alignment player action claims. Your words are a lot more valuable to me once you are confirmed town by somebody else who is confirmed town (See: GiF because flipped rolecop, FF because flipped Muffin) or flipped.

I'm pretty damn sure that Kilgamayan would've been able to see if I did or not.

I don't know about that. Do scum ever have factional abilities in this forum? I've played elsewhere, where individual players have their own abilities, but the scum team have a shared pool of abilities, in addition to their individual roles.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (isolation #221) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

1 - The jailkeep, if it exists, is already in his hands to do whatever the hell he wants. You're under the mistaken impression Katsuki will cooperate with town
even if he is town
. I'm advocating that we don't go ahead with any plan that requires Katsuki to cooperate, ideally because he's dead.

2 - There's no evidence that a recurring block doesn't exist in the game. It may also have been used on players and just had no effect - e.g. if Pie was roleblocked, we don't know, because he didn't use an action. We suspect there is at least one roleblock in the game, since it may have been used to kill Notty in night 2. Coincidentally, the player with the claimed roleblock-type action (Katsuki) also targeted Notty night 2, the night he died. 1 + 1 = 2?

3 - We
assume
the game is PoE at this point. We actually only have two properly confirmed town, FF and GiF. We have three probably scum - you, Katsuki, and Rylai, so lynching from this pool is advantageous only from the perspective of those three players are more likely to be scum by virtue of scum association or general uselessness to the team. If we kill all of you and it's not game over, then we have to assume that some of the probably-town players (Kagami, Pie, myself, any others I forgot) must be scum. To be honest, this is more likely, since I doubt the entire scum team through their weight behind killing me day 1, and underestimating the enemy is the first big mistake anybody can make. That's why I'm not satisfied with just lynching the three of you in any random order; I want the most scummy/least useful dead first (Katsuki), because there's at least a snowballs chance in hell of you doing something constructive. However, if we roll up to the next day phase with Katsuki/Rylai dead somehow and you are the last one left in our scum pool, are you going to meekly stand by and let us lynch you? I didn't think so. So why not get off your ass now and make a case on somebody you think is scum, rather than just handwave and go 'we should totes lynch this guy I say is scum', because that's the stance Katsuki took, and that's why he's getting lynched today - either auto-lynched by Rylai, or manually lynched by the rest of town. You and Pie are the only person I can see arguing for Rylai over Katsuki. So I want to see some reason for this other than 'gut'.

4 - Rylai can do whatever the hell he wants because discussion has died down and the phase is 3/4 over. You vote parked on me on day 1 further out than this in the middle of discussion as the counterwagon to flipped scum!Ooba, and refused to update your vote for no specific reason despite being present. That's why I'll vote you over Rylai at the moment.
In any case, it is not ninja-lynching. He's appealed multiple times if anybody has anything else to say before hammering. Waiting until the last minute for deadline for the sake of waiting wastes time and saps motivation.

5 -
Saying that we'll lie if one of us is scum is nonsense.

Scum lie. I just posited the most basic scenario.
You can lie about him targeting you because nobody believes Katsuki regardless of his alignment.
He can lie about targeting you because he doesn't give a fuck about anybody and doesn't care if he gets lynched.
If you are both scum (which I believe) then you'll both lie to save your necks, and when we lynch one and he flips scum, many will automatically assume "oh I guess the other is town."
Scum lie, scum always lie, town sometimes lie if they think it's a good idea, or if they think it's funny and they can get away with it.
Basically I don't trust you or Katsuki and any plan that requires us to trust you is a bad plan.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2742 (isolation #222) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

You keep saying this, but you haven't established why you believe any of those players are scum. Care to clarify?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2747 (isolation #223) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ank:
Can you please address the key points that Kilga raised, since you're unable to make a case on your own?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (isolation #224) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Shadoweh: Ank wants us to lynch Rylai. Rylai doesn't feel like it. I guess it's a race between you and Rylai to see who lynches Katsuki first. I guess you could also lynch Ank, but I think Katsuki's a safer bet.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (isolation #225) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ank:
I'm not willing to entertain your delusions. Put up something on why you think Rylai is more scummy than Katsuki so we can actually discuss it. Your plan of having Katsuki jail you so you can *do something* only works if Katsuki is alive, and I'm not seeing any serious attempt by you to make this a reality. I'm an overly paranoid person and I'm inclined to believe your behavior can be described as 'scum who does not particularly want to be jailed'.

Of course if we don't lynch Katsuki, and you can't make a good case on Rylai, you're next in line. I appreciate you don't want to be lynched; so you should try to get me lynched instead.

So put up or shut up.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2751 (isolation #226) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

VOTE: Ankamius
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (isolation #227) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ank, you are alternatively saying you want Katsuki lynched and then saying you don't want Katsuki lynched, and when asked to discuss your reads, you have none. This looks a lot like day 3 when you argued that we shouldn't lynch Katsuki or Ooba, and instead lynch Sky_Paladin, except you didn't offer any reads or make a case about it.

It looks a lot like your day 1 where you vote parked Sky_Paladin and failed to address your vote in any way over 48 hours out as a the counterwagon to flipped scum.

So basically your game is 'sheep scum and posture'.

That's cute.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2761 (isolation #228) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

We are in Kingmaker mode. He can do whatever he wants and nobody can say anything. If he shoots scum? Great. If he shoots town? Sure, we'll ask for his reasoning but if he shot (say) town!Katsuki, we can't really extract scum intent from that. If he shot conf!town FF or something random like Kagami or Pie and that flipped town, sure, we'd need a good explanation and we might yet lynch him for it.

It is not, and it never is, about risk. It is about "Can I satisfactorily explain what I am doing?" and as scum "Can I satisfactorily explain
what I want to do
". You're not making any sense and it looks a lot like you're desperately flailing for something.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (isolation #229) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Ank

Like I said in 2750.
Of course if we don't lynch Katsuki, and you can't make a good case on Rylai, you're next in line. I appreciate you don't want to be lynched; so you should try to get me lynched instead.

So put up or shut up.

Just an FYI I have claimed conditional lynch immunity so you may need to pluck another lynch option from somewhere. Do you have a fourth read?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2765 (isolation #230) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

No, it was at you (Ank). My 2761 is at Ank. Obviously.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (isolation #231) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

A trivial analysis reveals: I don't know wtf you are talking about.

SO HOW ABOUT THAT CASE ON RYLAI still waiting.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2800 (isolation #232) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Katsuki

You are aware that I was a significant driver of the lynch of Ooba over you on day 1, as well as lining up Sakura for the lynch at the end of day 1?

Quantify your issue with me, since it's clearly not because of my play.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2803 (isolation #233) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

If I'm getting lynched and you get NK'ed then this town needs a lot of help because SPderp is a trainwreck of a player,

This, and many other of your posts, look like character assassination. So, if it's not part of your scum play, I want you to stop it, right now.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2821 (isolation #234) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I wish that my role as gardener meant I could restore you to life :C
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (isolation #235) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I guess the colors of players name was the surprise. So how many players are dying?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2863 (isolation #236) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

The only living non-town confirmed player to have not used a day card yet is Katsuki iirc.

I can't remember, but did Katsuki include a day card in his claim?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2888 (isolation #237) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I am waiting to see what happens and your justification because tbh you kind of dropped your load with little pressure there.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2890 (isolation #238) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Your spellcard is to fake a spellcard?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2914 (isolation #239) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I felt bad so I wrote this poem. I'm not a good poet so it doesn't rhyme.

DEAR KATSUKI

YOU SHALL BE MISSED.

Not like the cherry blossoms in Spring,
Nor the cold that caress my cheek
The young buck that, through the mossed pine leaps
clear o'er the hunters rushed hand.

Katsuki, at last with his beloved Ooba,
An annoying and useless person
indeed, without merit or redeeming feature
one that made trouble and noise and strife

Begone from this hallowed place
back from whence you came
despoiler of sense, no more
wretched villain, your end has come.

Scum or town, we know not why
you desired to be hated by all who voted
but your goal of sowing confusion and disruption
was realised.

May you rest in pieces.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2926 (isolation #240) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:54 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Kagami, had withheld information about your role, so they were correct to call you on this. Since the lynch has been resolved, can you clarify what your card was supposed to do?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2942 (isolation #241) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:19 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Do you have any basis for your reads?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3098 (isolation #242) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Thanks for running the game, FakeGod :)

I was really happy with my character and role. I was disappointed that I essentially wasted every card.

I think Muffin was the voice of reason that held the game together.

I am glad to see that Katsuki was scum, so a lot of my frustration towards the player has diminished - he was painted in to a corner and literally all he could do was rage. All is forgiven.

Pie, no harm done, all is well.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3106 (isolation #243) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

For my own play, I wish I had walled less on day 1. I legitimately thought I had been dayvigged and was :v I can't believe it. On Shrine Maiden, I used to wall a lot, but I found that players would rarely read it and I was just wasting my time. It's my fallback when I panic to just write a heap of stuff and seize anything that looks tangible. It's a bad habit I need to get out of. Especially on day 1 when there's really nothing to go with, huge walls aren't effective or necessary.

I haven't played in such a large game for a very long time, maybe five years. It was hard for me to get to grips with so many players - I prefer going head to head with one or two players at a time, get a feel for how they are arguing, and decide if they are town/scum based on their merit. I do consider wagon analysis and I do consider flip associations. I tend to hate on players that sit on the fence or can't provide a basis for their reads, and in my experience this is more accurate. This is why I continued to try and pressure Ank to do something, because he was being vague for no reason.

I regret lynching Drezi when in hindsight there was a perfectly viable scum counterwagon >_>

I don't regret the Gaiden vig although it was a wasted shot. If he was around day 3-4 he would have been a viable scum directed mislynch.

I think copping SB was not a bad option. I didn't consider the likelihood of a second cop ALSO checking SB - I thought other players (Ooba/myself/Sakura) were likely to draw a cop.

My vote cancel card was evidently to counter Sakura, who I couldn't vig. However after Sakura died, I didn't see how to use it. I could have used it defensively to stop a Shadoweh who was threatening to auto-lynch me, but I'm sure town would have lynched me in that case.

Overall I was surprised that the scum team basically had nothing to work with. They had no viable answer to Rylai's N1 cards and town had three guaranteed town-controlled lynches. I would have expected five scum in this set up. I think some players had way too many things to pick from while other players had basically nothing. I appreciate the idea of giving more powerful characters more powerful abilities, however there does exist the option of EX-mode characters, and the difference between quality and quantity.

There was some confusion over spell cards not counting as visits/some abilities being usable with cards and others being not usable etc. I think this should have been clarified at game start, and I think spell cards should have counted as visits, especially with the presence of Rylai's "Here are the scum" spell card. With eight interactions to pick from instead of just four, we may not have looked so closely at the two most suspicious ones because there would have been more interactions to report. Ank not getting a report because Kilga didn't "visit" was another example.

That said, apart from Dan, the scum team were not caught out by roles. Ooba/Katsuki both replaced into slots that had been partially compromised by their predecessors. And Sakura was, in hindsight, starting to be scum read by a lot of the players, and after my dive, I think there would have been a good chance she would be the ordinary lynch of day 2. It was just lucky we had a vig up our sleeves.

Overall it was a fun game, and if players had fun, that's the point of it. I'm disappointed the scum QT wasn't shared but, anticipating it's just pages of people ranting at me, I'm okay not to see it.

Thanks for playing everybody, I hope to see all of you around again at some point and some place.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3107 (isolation #244) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Actually that said, I noticed that the scum team
overall
hated on me quite a lot throughout the game. Is it just my imagination? Was there some particular reason for this?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3110 (isolation #245) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It wasn't intentional. I'm just stupid!
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3129 (isolation #246) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Died
and
lost. Harsh but fair.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3135 (isolation #247) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm not really sure what you are talking about here. I'll hand you a general sorry that I upset you apology but you'll need to be specific if you have a bugbear you want answered.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3140 (isolation #248) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Oh that? Okay, I see.

I shouldn't have said 'trash players' and made it a personal insult. That's because I was very angry that players like you and Gaiden had made a personal choice not to contribute to scum hunting or doing anything productive whatsoever, and it's very difficult not to blame somebody for something when they are personally responsible for it. I accept you had issues in RL but if you can't commit to a game then you shouldn't sign up, or replace out.

I should have said something like 'player x is having a terrible game, sad we wasted shots on them' but I stand by my desire to see Ank lynched. Even now, I'm sure he's scum. ARHGHGHGHG stubborn obstinate pig-headedness hits my rage-dar every time.

Anyway, I'm sorry I made it personal. It was not my intent. I was frustrated. It didn't occur to me that you wouldn't vent in the graveyard and we could chat about it afterwards, otherwise I would have said something, so I vented, moved on, and forgot about it.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3141 (isolation #249) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

inb4 Katsuki doesn't give a shit about his criticisms of my game and I'm still blacklisted. Oh well. Can't please everybody.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3144 (isolation #250) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

During day 3, the administrator from MegaTokyo passed away. Cortana was not a close friend of mine, but he was the bedrock of my online community where I'd played close to fifty games of mafia and formed my internet 'presence'. To us, he WAS the Internet. I recently lost my grandmother and my younger brother. Most of my community friends hadn't experienced losing a close family member and I was surprised that the pain from last year would come back from, you know, somebody I'd never 'met' in real life. But it hurt and it was real and I tried so hard. But I got confused because there was so many neighbourhoods and I wasn't in any of them.

I was very upset and frustrated.

This was my third MS game and my first non-newbie game. I came here to learn how to play mafia differently.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3145 (isolation #251) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:15 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I had somebody give me some excellent constructive feedback and honest assessment of my performance this game.

Hey guys, so I came in to this very seriously and expected everybody else to do the same. It was completely about playstyle as Ank and Katsuki have both said, and perhaps others that I can't recall right now.

I'm really sorry that I didn't consider other people's points of view and that I hastily called anybody who disagreed with me scum.

I was a jerk this game and I sincerely apologise to anybody/everybody who I offended.

Mala: I shouldn't have called you or your game trash. I've never played with you before so I have no grounds for making baseless statements. Just because somebody is playing differently to how I expect doesn't mean they are bad or different. It just means they are a different person. I'm sorry I made that comment. We can discuss playstyle and situations later if necessary but nothing is gained by insulting other players.

Ank: We have, as you said, a different playstyle. It was wrong of me to not consider yours. I should have accepted you weren't gonna budge and quit with the attempts to drag stuff out of you unless I was prepared to actually push for your lynch. I became infuriated and unreasonable. I'm sorry.

Kats: I came into this game expecting everybody to be super serious for some reason. That was my fault and nobody elses. It was unfair of me to expect everybody to be super serious about it too. I don't understand why you got so upset with me but that's okay, I don't need to know and you don't have to explain. I'll just continue to improve my game and my playstyle and I hope that one day we can play together sometime and you won't hate me.

Pie: I can't remember what we were fighting about on day 1 but I'm glad things seemed to have settled down. I'm also glad I didn't vig you~

Shadoweh: I legit thought it was worth exploring whether you had gotten my role info through a scum source, since it was a word for word copy paste...very coincidental! I dropped it as soon as FF clarified it wasn't possible. You were kind to me this game. Thank you.

~~~

If anybody has anything to add or put in, please say so, or forever hold your peace.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”