Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1648, Titus wrote:
Please put Feysal on vla mod until Monday

I am going to blow the whistle here and out another of the meta tells I use to read Titus.

When Titus is scum, she has a tendency to do these consultant-type posts. She'll make these sorts of productive posts directed towards the entirety of town, or these sorts of posts like this one ^ where she tries to act helpful (when in reality what she's commenting on is rather pointless) in order to appear as a town leader and like she's doing work for the sake of town. She has done this in the vast majority of the scum games I've seen her in.

Spoiler: scumgames
Signs and Void - Posts like ISO#208 where she keeps track of the deadline, ISO#211 where she tries to tell everyone whether they should out their actions or not, ISO#323 where she tries to set up a policy to get the first lynch before a prespecified time (the game had 2 lynches per game day) (I think she also did this without people actually conferring on it first) and posts 3 deadlines towards everyone, ISO#340, ISO#401. ISO#768 also pinged when I was following the game for the same reason - it felt like she was trying *too hard* to let everybody know that she couldn't be there to help them - but eh.
Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! - ISO#78 where she makes a huge deal that "town has lost" because people were hard town reading one of the scum reads she was pushing could potentially be this. I wasn't in this game but it is a scum game that I found when looking through her games.
Touhou: MitLoF ~ Makai Mix - ISO#63
Serum & Steel 2 - ISO#3 is her trying to get the mod to modify a rule to benefit town. The mindset here is that she wants people to notice how helpful she is. ISO#174 where she points out there's less than 48 hours until the deadline.
Open 569 ~ Hope + 1 - ISO#8 is her attempting to "generate content".

When she's town, she practically never does this. And I want Nacho to get back in here and ask GIF about Faith + 1 when he gets a chance because GIF and I hydra'd in that game and I caught her in that game using the exact same tell and she's doing the exact same thing here.

Just to be sure that this aspect of her meta hasn't been broken sometime recently and I wasn't around to see it, I've looked through her more recent *town* games. This is
every
town game I'm finding on her "view topics" page.
I am not selectively picking games.

Spoiler: towngames
Mini 1687: Refraction Mafia - none
Mini 1680 - none
Open 587 - Nightless Vengeful Mayhem - none
Open 586: Playing With Elements~ (507 posts) - the only thing I'm seeing here that could *possibly* be interpreted as this is that she was town tracker and there was apparently a plan going on involving claims etc. and them trying to keep her alive as long as possible, and she was directing posts such as ISO#324 and ISO#326 to everyone. However, it fits perfectly that she would try to organize when there was a plan going on surrounding her. Besides that, nothing.
Open 583: JK9++ - none
New York 185: Freshwater Frenzy! (SK game) - none
Open 601: Diffusion of Power - none
Open 596: Mega PopCorn Mafia - none
New York 181 - none
Mini 1666: The Reds - If I'm being *really* lenient, ISO#57 where she announces a player is L-1 might be this, but announcing L-1 is a fairly standard thing. Besides that, nothing.

This can be applied more subtly - for example, in the hope + 1 game and the Touhou game, there were more posts that fit the same mindset which I pointed out in those games - but these are the really obvious ones. And for anyone who actually wants to cross-check this, I should say that she does try to work with people to *some* extent as town, and she does often call for, for instance, standard things such as mod clarification/votecounts; just when she's scum she either isn't sure how to fake it flawlessly or considers going out of her way to point out stuff like this an easy way to get town read, and so it comes off as extremely out of place or strained. I think there is a *really* obvious difference here if you so much as look at it, though.

This is the single biggest meta tell I've had on anyone on this site, ever. Can we please just lynch Titus?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1733, Titus wrote:Seiko's point saying I'm only helpful to the mod as scum

In post 1725, Seiko x Naomi wrote:uh huh

continue saying things that have nothing to do with what my point actually was
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

what we're seeing here, folks, is Titus blatantly lying and repeating the same (incorrect) point over and over again in the hope that people will see a lot of posts and accept it as truth without realizing she's just BS'ing here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1738, The Antagonist wrote:HI PIE!

you busy?

hai, I'm free if you want to talk
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1811 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1791, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Who have you ever seen who would put in that much effort (complete ISO research of every game a player has participated in) just to get one mislynch on D1 as scum (I know one, but when you read that fast its not exactly effort)? I mean, now that Pie has set a standard for himself this game he will have to keep it up or he'll be found out anyhow.

ftr it was only the first 10 town games and it didn't actually take *that* much effort given i knew what i needed to confirm/deny in advance - i've been using that tell for over a year now
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by pieguyn »

on phone but Nacho pulled this exact same shit in Newbie 1570 as scum: as soon as I started pushing him, he brought the fact he had no time in RL into it and kept claiming it was "bullshit" that I would attack him when I did.

Yes, I went there.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I don't believe he thought his initial line was that big a deal (so he would have said it as scum), I think everyghing after that was genuine alignkent regardless though.

p-edit: def Titus
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by pieguyn »

no, I'm saying that you tried to discredit me as a person by saying it was bullshit that I would attack you at the time I did.

(sorry notsci/bork, logging in on phone is a pain in the ass -.-)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

are you fucking kidding me? I made it clear that I had to leave my PC to take my parents to the airport and I'd reapond when I got back. I'm not back yet (phone posting this from a raising cane's I stopped at on the way home).

I made it pretty fucking clear I was phone posting here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@nacho: mollie, not me
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2004 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2001, Psychlone wrote:I also think the "oh Titus never makes helpful posts as town" breakdown in the post you linked is not good because its pattern matching: I also can't imagine a single reason why Titus would do that as scum and not town.

oh bullshit

1. she considers going out of her way to act like she's helping town to be an easy way to get town read as scum. this is most likely why I think she does it and it would explain why she often points out or does stuff that is, in reality, really silly or unnecessary to do (requesting the mod to put someone on V/LA is not something I'd expect anyone to think about and, if I'm being perfectly honest, it's not something a mod should even respond to in the first place bc it's the player's responsibility

2. she knows she occasionally attempts to request standard things such as VCs or prods or attempts to lead town when the situation calls for it (Elements game), and attempts to emulate this aspect of her town game as scum, but doesn't know how to do it properly and overdoes it as a result

both of these are possibilities I pointed out in that post. it is not "pattern matching", and you can't act like there's no motivation-based reason for it. and, in all seriousness, you also can't act like when she literally *never* does something as town, but does it all the time as scum, it doesn't mean jack shit. the obvious conclusion here is not that it's just a huge massive coincidence and she somehow wound up doing it exclusively as one alignment, it's that you just aren't seeing what the reason behind it is.

I'll read the rest later when it's not 5:30 AM and I'm not about to pass out.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:34 am

Post by pieguyn »

psychlone might actually be town? id still like Nacho to respond to why he'd "bait" me into pushing him but I'm actually pretty satisfied with GIF's response to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4664 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

mastin, would you go 1v1 on hawk? as in, if he flips town you get lynched tomorrow?

this is obviously a dumb idea and i wouldn't enforce it unless everyone in the game thinks there's no way both of you could be town, i want to know for other reasons
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4666 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4663, mastin2 wrote:GEE AND GUESS WHAT, HE CLAIMED AN INNOCENT AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, HE GOT CROSSKILLED.

remember he didn't claim it, he crumbed it. an inno crumb is a lot more innocuous than "this person is guilty, lynch them".
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4708 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4312, borkjerfkin wrote:Jaqen Hghar was Red XIII
Aligned with The Planet [Town Modified Tracker]

Receives results on any active abilities performed, or any factional abilities performed only if no active ability was also performed.

i took this to mean he _tracks_ factional abilities if no active abilities are performed, not outright learns what they are
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4711 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4710, Cerberus v666 wrote:No. Stop misunderstanding. There is NO indication that his results indicate whether the ability he tracked was factional, or individual. NONE! There is only the indication that he is only tracking one ability, and it shows the priority by which those ability's will be tracked.

^this
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5220 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hawk and Radja (who is now confscum) were both very likely scum from the get go.

It isn't remotely the same as what you're saying here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5221 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Like, seriously, fucking unvote and we can have a more civilized conversation about this tomorrow when both of us have more time. Is that too much to ask? I literally would never not do this.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5222 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5219, Cerberus v666 wrote:I certainly considered the fact that it might be lylo. I just found it more likely that, in a situation where there are 3 scum alive you are one of the three. That's all. In a situation where there are only two scum alove, and you're town, nothing to worry about.

In a situation where there are 3 scum alive, EITHER RADJA IS SCUM OR IT'S {ANTAGONIST, MOLLIE, ME}.

SO, there is no reason to not lynch him first unless you think this is the case, even if you have a scum read on me. There is no fucking reason to take that risk if you're planning around 3 scum.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5223 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

^ Like, that is honestly just basic LYLO play and you're objectively wrong if you're town and can't follow the reasoning behind that.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5224 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Like let me spell this out

Assuming 3 scum, it. doesn't. fucking. matter. if. you. think. I'm. scum

In any scenario where I'm scum, Radja is NECESSARILY ALSO scum, UNLESS {Antagonist, mollie, me} is the scum team

And I have no idea what you're getting hung up on here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5419 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I am the worst fucking town player to have ever lived and I don't even know what to say about my play this game.

sorry town :/
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5422 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

son of a fucking bitch

i knew hawk was being lined up as the lylo lynch

i knew mollie's town read on hiplop for no reason whatsoever was god awful and i checked their posts like 3 or 4 times and i thought it was just because hiplop was manipulating her into town reading him. ASD;IOHFAS;DLFJ;ASKJ;LAKSJF; WHY
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5447 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

uuuuughhhhhhh

i'm looking through the dead pt now. i'm so sorry for my god awful play this game. i can't find any other words. if anyone wants to blacklist me based on this game, i'd totally get it because i know my play here was that god awful.

it was a huge misstep in hindsight that i didn't ask for a flavor claim first before voting. i legit don't even have any excuse for that.

i probably will not sign up for another multiball game after this because i had assumed i would be absolute shit at it and this game basically confirms as much
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5451 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

i'm going to step away and stop posting now. hf

3 p-edits later: :/
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5500 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5495, mastin2 wrote:You would be mad too if a tracker with an effective innocent (because in a multiball game with factions like this, it's rare for scum to not have an action they can perform) result on you claimed in unwavering conviction that it was a guilty, directly leading to your lynch when by play rather than role you've never been more town.

(Seriously, never in my life, not even in Tales, have I been more obvtown than in this game.)

you were obvtown enough for
me
to see you as town despite it being multiball. *that's* saying something.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5501 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5493, hiplop wrote:I knew the way to win endgame was use Seiko's rage to get rid of prohawk. It was just a matter of looking like Goofy Ol' Hiplop until that point. Basically last day was determined on NOT sticking out.

i was this close || to Taking a Third Option and voting you despite the mollie/hawk cross. i was that sure you were meteor, tbh.

the only reason i didn't was because

1. i couldn't win a 1v1 against you unless hawk flipped meteor which would have made me obvious town once i showed cv666 where to look;

2. i couldn't see any gamestate where it wasn't just hawk/you as meteor.

i played that LYLO a lot more close to the chest than i was letting on. regardless, you played well.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5503 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5488, mastin2 wrote:1: give mollie credit where credit's due, you wouldn't have caught her.

the only thing that would have made me lynch her were the balance arguments. i shouldn'ta just dropped the "1 protective role = scum" after radja flipped.

but ya, every time i tried to see her as scum i got hung up on her d1 play and dropped it. :<
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5504 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5485, ika wrote:pie we need to hydra and play again

<3
i'd love to hydra when i have more time. i hardly have any spare time atm :cry:
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5508 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5506, ika wrote:Like we need to hydra cus i enjoy the abrasive playstyle you bring

lol. that's actually something i'm trying to cut back on cos it's fine when i'm right but when i'm wrong, it essentially causes what happened in this game.

idek if i can even handle an open tbh. maybe in a month or so.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5582 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:02 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5578, borkjerfkin wrote:You should've come out and said you were Rufus right away though; the manner in which you claimed didn't look like you were being as truthful about that as you might've been

tbf, this coulda been prevented if i actually covered all my bases and requested a flavor claim before voting. /sigh

the only problem with claiming scum in that scenario was that claiming shinra scum is exactly what meteor scum in your position would likely do to get out of being lynched, so you didn't get any cred from it. see: what gif and tiphainedeath were gonna do in xenoblade until gif got cross killed. besides that, you were absolutely getting lynched that day, so i think it was correct. you're talking to someone who has truthfully claimed scum for strategic reasons in two separate games, though (you saw the second time <_>), so i might not be the right person to give advice on this

this is another part of why i dislike multiball in general tbh because it encourages strategic scum claiming regardless of whether it's truthful or dishonest

i would have lynched hiplop if i thought i could 1v1 him and win
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5584 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:06 am

Post by pieguyn »

mostly out of curiosity, cv666, would you have lynched hiplop over me if i had voted him that day?

if you wouldn't have, i regret that last day a lot less. /hides
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5586 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

ya the last game day
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5592 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5588, Cerberus v666 wrote:In a void, just based on who I felt was scummier, I have no fucking idea. Hiplop had NOTHING going for him. Like, there was no reason to town read him for me, and he was buddying to me earlier. You were deliberately provoking me, as someone who you townread, instead of trying to work with me. I am 100% serious that I needed to reread things. Looking the game over, I feel like I would have noticed that you weren't doing what scum you should have been doing with my slot. There was little reason to be confrontational with me, as scum, when only one of hiplop/hawk could be your partner, and the other was an easier mislynch. If I had noticed that, then yes, I would have lynched hiplop over you. I'm not sure how quickly I would have gotten around to it though.

aaaaaaggghhhh

in hindsight, hiplop was absolutely the correct lynch because he was scum regardless of whether hawk was meteor scum fake claiming or telling the truth. I was just worried hiplop and mollie would counter vote me and then I'd get lynched (and this is even outside of the fact that hawk apparently thought I was mollie's partner and could potentially vote me anyway).

if I wasn't so fucking hasty on the last day, we could have potentially won. I'm gonna go die in a fire now.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5593 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

I agree with mollie/Tere's take on blacklists; outside of extreme playstyle clashes I only blacklist people who have a demonstrated attitude of not taking in feedback and continuing to insist they're right about whatever it is they did.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5596 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:28 am

Post by pieguyn »

I can be pretty convincing when I'm actually right about something. ~

and I'm not saying we necessarily would have, just it would have turned out better than ... what happened here
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5606 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

^mastina knows me too well. if someone explicitly says they're gonna do something in *a few hours* or *later*, I wait regardless of my read on them.

I think the scum claim was the right move tbh.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5616 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5608, borkjerfkin wrote:it was effectively a 'leash the SK' move, which is very often proper strategy.

leashing SKs is often a good move. the only problem is no one these days ever realizes as much and insists that a caught SK should be immediately lynched. gundam seed 2 years ago is still the last game I've seen where town was actually able to cooperate enough to leash the SK.

I'm pretty proud of it ~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”