Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5518 (isolation #200) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You didn't even remotely approach rude. Maybe a language/cultural thing though, I know when I took spanish classes that calling someone dumb was considered as bad as cussing them out in the different culture.

Don't pull punches Suzune.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5520 (isolation #201) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

be mean to me Suzune.

Tell me what you really think of me.

HIT ME HARD SUZUNE
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5527 (isolation #202) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Man, Suzune, that was really rude. Quite uncalled for.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5589 (isolation #203) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5528, Suzune wrote:I am not sure if you are teasing me or not.

SHE'S SO CUTE.
RINA WANTS TO TAKE IT HOME
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5596 (isolation #204) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rob, why are you saying redirector is ruled out as a possibility? I'm pretty sure the mod said redirection results in the format "Hello Kitty has a gun" if you target Hello Kitty and get redirected to Scarface. That would be the dominating possibility, then, right?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5597 (isolation #205) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

If I have that backwards please tell me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5602 (isolation #206) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

So wait how is Rob town? The game should be totally bastard from his PoV and yet he hasn't replaced out.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5618 (isolation #207) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rob is still in the game even though he promised to replace out if the game was bastard.

We ruled out like everything to the point that either Rob's claim is false or the game is bastard.

The game is bastard from townRob's PoV but townRob didn't replace out.

Therefore scumRob is a rules-abiding mafia player that would not replace out to mimic townRob (because it would be a strategic replaceout and I'd respect that refusal to use strategic replaceout) and he is just staying in the game. He had a lyncher mechanic that unlocks all 10 facts about the setup if he lynches Nicole Mimi Tithel and his buddy was doing well enough that he felt like the fakeclaim thing was worth it. His buddy's role kills people better using the 10 facts about the setup or something.

I think I cracked this game guys
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5619 (isolation #208) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

unvote, vote Rob
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5621 (isolation #209) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

the only scenario that i can wrap my mind around right now where Rob isn't scum involves the game being bastard, in which case I do not care about winning the game at all (i refuse to ever play to win condition in a bastard game).

But by default I'm gonna assume this skullduggery fellow dude i've never met before is a cool gai and Rob is actually lyncher scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5622 (isolation #210) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like Nero Cain hasn't pushed a viable counterwagon to save himself because his scumpartner is one of the most viable counterwagons and he doesn't want to drag his partner down with him. Going for the "look at how pristine I am" angle in a game with 40% town seems pretty weird.

Actually I guess in a game with 40% town like, multiple people might be his buddies.

This game is ridiculous.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5630 (isolation #211) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5624, Nero Cain wrote:^
pops laying the groundwork to push me as Robs buddy when he flips scum.

Lining up lynches is a traditional scumtell (not one I've ever bought heavily into) largely because it's unnecessary and future connections can actually be made on the future days themselves. If I'm trying to make commentary that's going to direct nightkills I have no direct control over, I need to think out loud before the next day phase actually starts.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5631 (isolation #212) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

Only with a scum lyncher role, which is totally plausible
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5632 (isolation #213) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

@cakez post
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5633 (isolation #214) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

Robz is that bandit that always yells "gimme your damn loot" before he kills u
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5638 (isolation #215) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5634, SirCakez wrote:I don't buy a lyncher when we already have a SK and Almost's weird role.

Not a third party lyncher. A scum aligned Lyncher. Scum that gets bonuses for lynching a certain person.

Rob, I don't think your a Scum Aligned Gunsmith, I think you're a Scum Aligned Lyncher, and the game isn't actually bastard from your PoV and that's why you haven't replaced out, because pretending it's bastard from your PoV and replacing out would be strategic.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5646 (isolation #216) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

What am I supposed to think Rob? Am I supposed to assume the game is bastard and lynch someone else? Is that what you are wanting for me to do?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5653 (isolation #217) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Nah Rob, I'm pretty equally down to lynch Nero. I just think Nero's a little more night killable. Since I seem to be a viable mislynch I'm willing to vote/hammer either Nero or Rob at others' preference lest a much worse choice be made.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5655 (isolation #218) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

it really bugs me the Rob's night actions since N1 have all been tracker/watcher proofed.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5660 (isolation #219) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think Suzune is scum. Even if she is, she's the last member of her faction, probably, since the scum flips have been pretty low power thus far, and finishing a scumteam off isn't all that helpful when we need scumkills. I'd prefer to lynch someone directly.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5666 (isolation #220) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5661, Rob14 wrote:
In post 5655, popsofctown wrote:it really bugs me the Rob's night actions since N1 have all been tracker/watcher proofed.

Uh ... no? Last night I directly targeted T S O.

Yeah, scumrob gets watched or tracked to dying TSO and can say "look, just like I told you".
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5676 (isolation #221) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is there any player in this game that hasn't been proposed as a scumbuddy for me?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5680 (isolation #222) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

Mimi had you town for role reasons. But I'm having trouble with the math at this point.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5682 (isolation #223) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vote: Nero
just in case
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5686 (isolation #224) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's not for cred, I'm in the exact same position you're in where my role is making me look awful so I'm easily mislynchable this day.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5688 (isolation #225) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

The one you claim to be in, at least, the lack of empathy here is concerning.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5690 (isolation #226) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

hammer+1ing is probably the worst way anyone could ever build "cred" ever. Haha.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5693 (isolation #227) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm pretty sure I can't be scum because if I'm scum, every single one of my partners is down to bus me. lol.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5694 (isolation #228) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

From the grave. I've discovered the true meaning of Dead Thread Oracle. Is this transcendence?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5695 (isolation #229) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

*from the grave, even.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5696 (isolation #230) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

Now it's not funny now that I didn't type it right the first time. Not that any of you squares have ever gotten any of my jokes.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5698 (isolation #231) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

So you'll let me be the weak member of the trio you picked? This is the closest I'll get to having a friend in this thread!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5699 (isolation #232) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

I wish dead thread oracle let me talk to the only person who likes me this game :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5701 (isolation #233) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Suzune could you shoot beeboy for me? He smells funny.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5705 (isolation #234) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean if the setup turns out to be bad then I would want Skull to be offended but not in anyway beyond "your setup is bad".
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5706 (isolation #235) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

I played pretty weird on day 2 because I thought I had a power role that works better if I get NK'ed and ok if I got lynched and it has totally effed me over.

Unless I'm looking at a beautiful pointilism painting from up close or something I already think this setup is really bad.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5708 (isolation #236) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm pretty optimistic that he's just trying to disrupt any use of twilight for productive planning of night actions.

That's the awesome thing about my role though, it is immune to such disruptions. haHA!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5709 (isolation #237) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

Gosh there's a Hearthstone card that says that but I can't remember which one. Southsea Deckhand?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5712 (isolation #238) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5711, Rob14 wrote:
If Nero flips town, shoot Flubber. If he flips scum, great. If he flips town, replace out and don't give a fuck cause this game is like super duper extra special bastard beyond any hope.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5717 (isolation #239) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hey now, only Vi is allowed to catch me when I draw SK. God bless her, wherever she is now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5720 (isolation #240) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

She didn't leave immediately after getting demodded. So it's probably more RL affairs or change of interest whatever. Still one of my favorite past players tho
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5736 (isolation #241) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

This game is too bastard to matter
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5738 (isolation #242) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Atlas corporation feels like they're so far ahead they could shoot Maxous.
Hyperion Corporation thought Cakez was scum and shot him.
SK thought Rob had to be scum so this game would make sense and shot him.

I guess?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5743 (isolation #243) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Waaait yeah. It is 2-1-1-1 isn't it. omg. Lol. I am somehow the last townie alive in this game. Because there was no claimed vig. So it has to be 2 atlas, 1 hyperion, 1 sk, and me.
I don't think I've ever been in an endgame like this.

So I, the SK, and the Hyperion, who is essentially an SK at this point, need to all vote an atlas corporation member together. Then I need to hope the antitowns shoot eachother in a circle, while the antitowns each hope there is a double shot and they endgame me. I have a chance at being last man standing but only if they shoot eachother in a circle.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5744 (isolation #244) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Suzune, there is a spoiler that says what Cakez's role is. Cakez was not a bus driver. At this point I'm guessing the SK has the godlike redireciton power.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5747 (isolation #245) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The Occam's razor does seem to be that Flubbernugget thought he was treading water already, and he is part of the faction that had a huge numerical league, so he fakeclaimed the not vanilla result on Nero Cain to make a 1 for 1 trade and help seal out the game, since getting a mislynch then getting shot or lynched is better than him just ending up being the lynch for the day.

It makes even more sense if the remaining Atlas corp player was on the chopping block. I haven't looked back to see who that would be.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5748 (isolation #246) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's obvious that he's scum that lied about his result, but since Atlas hunting is more important than scumhunting for The Three Of Us the more important thing is whether it's a scum gambit that makes more sense if he is among higher numbers. It does make more sense that way. Especially with Cake being so universally townread, it makes it seem like a really safe call to make the trade to get into a favorable endgame. Either SK or Hyperion just took a godlike shot on Cake is all.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5750 (isolation #247) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The scariest thing about believing Flubber is Atlas is that it seems kind of like it's Hyperion Vanilla Cop Flubber investigating NC, then getting bus driven to a bad result.

This game is so stupid that I feel like it's a possibility ugggggh.

Whatever that's one of the scenarios where I can just feel like the game was dumb and not care.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5751 (isolation #248) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A lynch, not a mislynch Suzune. You're a form of scum. Cmon now can't we just be real at this point
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5752 (isolation #249) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Let's not throw any votes down until we've talked out the possibilities. This is hard-mode LyLo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5755 (isolation #250) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Fortunately for Elyse, TSO looks like a really good buddy for Elyse based on TSO's posts. Her entrance today rubbed me wrong. But that just means she's a form of scum, I guess, and I already knew that.

This is the most effed game I swear.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5756 (isolation #251) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Beeboy unvote
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5757 (isolation #252) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You are claiming scum by voting no lynch
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5758 (isolation #253) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That hurts you in the crosskill game, you need to at least pretend to be town
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5759 (isolation #254) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Beeboy if you are SK or lonely scum you need to unvote, your odds of surviving the crosskill game are way worse if you don't at least pretend you might be town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5761 (isolation #255) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Really hoping beeboy is atlas scum who is being super dumb. Otherwise both atlas's can just jump in here and vote no lynch with him as soon as they figure out he is afk
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5762 (isolation #256) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you are agreeing with me right suzune?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5763 (isolation #257) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you cannot win as town with a no lynch. The odds are so bad.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5768 (isolation #258) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

To win as town after a nolynch, there has to be a shot at an atlas and a doubleshot on an SK, or the same thing with the double shot moved. Then the next night, the antitown factions have to shoot eachother after the next nolynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5769 (isolation #259) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

to win as town after an atlas lynch, scum just have to shoot eachother in a circle and its over, you win
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5771 (isolation #260) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it's super plausible to me that scum will shoot eachother in a circle after we lynch atlas today. Because I'm actually town and somehow they'll figure it out. And despite all the claims that I'm scummy, although many of them have since been revealed to be claims from scumCakez, I still haven't been SK'd, so somehow the scum know that I'm town. And they won't try to shoot me tonight
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5772 (isolation #261) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Today I lynch Atlas, then it is 1-1-1-1.

Then scum shoot eachother in a circle and I win.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5773 (isolation #262) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I can lynch atlas with 100% accuracy and make epic twilight posts that make me look 100% obv town, my odds of winning climb to 50%. That seems way better than the outcomes from nolynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5776 (isolation #263) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The reason you see that is because you're an SK. Ur my favorite SK Suzune. If you're hyperion you still get to be an SK ok? Just pretend your dead buddies don't exist they forsakeded you.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5777 (isolation #264) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm hoping beeboy is coming at this from the wrong angle because he's atlas.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5783 (isolation #265) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah. So beeboy, if you are independent scum unvote and vote flubber with us before flubber + X jump in and vote no lynch with you and shoot you.

Edit: ninja'ed.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5786 (isolation #266) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe we have a bulletproof PGO SK. That would explain some of the weird "nightkills"
This game has me so paranoid.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5787 (isolation #267) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It has to be Flubber.

If Flubber flips independent scum that got redirected, the game's too bastard for me to care. Just like Rob said.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5788 (isolation #268) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I guess I ought to just vote it now but I'm so paranoid.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5790 (isolation #269) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ok
Vote: Flubbernugget
live free or die hard
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5795 (isolation #270) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

beeboy is scum, I am town. Scumbeeboy's claim does not have to be remotely true. Even if it has threads of truth it probably doesn't work as powerfully in endgames
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5800 (isolation #271) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think he's saying he wants both you and I to shoot at him and fail (he thinks I have a shot) and lose our shots because he can commute tonight.

I have no idea why he would want to no lynch if he can commute tonight, his odds would seem so much better with an accurate lynch. I think its a bs claim and he knows he doesn't look townie so he's just going to try to make people too scared to shoot at him instead.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5802 (isolation #272) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

So I'm gonna take some time in this twilight to explain why you guys shouldn't shoot me in this 1-1-1-1. To win this 1-1-1-1, all you have to do is shoot any form of scum and not get shot. You don't have any control over not getting shot, as far as your night action is concerned. But you can make sure you don't shoot me, because if you shoot me you draw at best, and lose at worst.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5803 (isolation #273) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i'm getting tired of talking to antitown players, be quiet beeboy, i'm playin some mafia
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5805 (isolation #274) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

1. I can't be scum with TSO. TSO claimed that he read all my posts and couldn't get a gut read off them. There's no way he would admit this as my buddy, since that "feeling" would probably be a consequence of having my name in his role pm. He would make up either a townread or a scumread or something.

TSO was also totally down to lynch me when I had a weird claim. If he was my buddy he would say the claim was not that bad. If he was intent on bussing me anyway, he would have taken a firmer position than "oh pops might be town, depends on his claim." and would have been more like "I think pops is scum. I want to see his claim and we need to lynch him unless his claim is fantastic", because he would want to milk credit off the claim.

Towncred off of bussing is also a pretty crappy plan in multiball. I mean it's still possible for it to be worth but it's way harder.

Unless you are scum with TSO, accepting that I can't be scum with TSO reduces the odds I am scum by 50% from your PoV which should be plenty for you to consider a different shot.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5806 (isolation #275) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

2. My claim is too stupid to be given to scum or made up. We now know there are two 3 man scumteams in this huge game trying to cut through a huge town that had a cop.

Hey speaking of cop, Cakez would have known if Flubb couldn't actually investigate ppl. So I guess it seems even more sure that Flubb is on Cakez team. Cool.

Anyway, yeah. Dead thread oracle is way too weak to be an antitown role. It's also way too stupid for me to make up. I have never played a Skullduggery game before and did not know how apeshit this mod apparently is, so I wouldn't have faked a stupid role that does nothing. Hell, if I had known that no one later was going to pipe up and say "i have a role that can read the dead thread/makes your role somehow even slightly affect the gamestate" I would have deeply considered claiming VT even though I'm town. Ok, I wouldn't have actually done that, I never lie as town. But damn, I would lie as scum, and I would not have made such a batty fakeclaim as scum without any background about how ridiculous this mod is. Probably wouldn't have made that batty fakeclaim even with knowledge of how ridiculous this mod is.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5807 (isolation #276) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

3. I didn't help lynch NMT. Why do I not help lynch NMT as scum? It just made me conspicuous for little reason. And if she flipped scum, I just look bad. The truth is that she just really seemed townish and as a quasi VT I didn't feel obligated to stick to standard follow the cop play lest I be judged for it. I didn't care if I got judged.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5850 (isolation #277) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Useless roles are not bastard, no.

A flavor gunsmith that doesn't know if he's a flavor gunsmith with an undisclosed sanity modifier on any role besides the one commonly understood to have possible unmentioned sanity modifiers (cop) is bastard. It doesn't mean the moderator is a "bastard" but it means the moderator designed a setup that's going to subvert the efforts of players and detract from a good time.

I've played several large themes and have yet to encounter a mod with the need to contradict the expectations of the players to this extent.

I'm sorry if modding a game while a player in it was unhappy was uncomfortable to you, but that ends up being part of the job when I feel obligated to fulfill my obligations to the other players in the game, but strongly suspect I'm in a game that is not being run the sort of way I want to participate in (which turned out to be the case)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5879 (isolation #278) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Considering that players are more of a limited resource onsite than moderators, it's more that "the players do this for free" in filling up a game for a mod. Supply rule in the large theme queue is "low" right now. Pretty sure it's always low.

I do not consider it to be looking a gift horse in the mouth to complain about subpar moderating. Looking a gift horse in the mouth would be complaining about a player, actually.

If you or Skullduggery do not enjoy moderating, do not moderate. Instead, as a gift to the people after you in the queue, allow the next mod to mod a game. Most mods seems to enjoy modding games, or at least I assume so. I replace into games and sign up for games as a favor to other people on this site, and I try to keep my replace out ratio very low as a favor to people on this site. I also choose not to moderate games onsite, as a favor to people on this site (I had fun the one time I modded a game though).

Moderators deserve respect the way human beings do, and I'm sorry if I fell short of that, I certainly have in the past, but not any sort of additional respect for blessing everyone with the opportunity to play mafia with eachother, since the situational reality is inverted from that. That's especially true in the large theme queue.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5881 (isolation #279) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You're right, I do have it backwards.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5893 (isolation #280) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

I also want to see and play more games in the "almost Highlander" territory. Especially investigative-free games.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5895 (isolation #281) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

I meant mountainous.

Highlander is an MTG format where you can only use one of each card. It is also very skill intensive and often has plainish setups. And a mountain is "high" "land". My brain is weird.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5907 (isolation #282) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

TTH it might have been nice if you didn't claim and get yourself shot.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”