Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #455 (isolation #0) » Wed May 25, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 449, Sensei wrote:
In post 446, Shadow_step wrote:What was your reason to vote him?
Well if you were paying attention you'd have noticed I already answered this.

His readwall back on whatever page it was where he threw out like 10 townreads based on nothing and didn't call anyone scum looked like trying to make friends a bit. Or rather not someone really looking for scum.

But I don't know though, the fake dayvig on nahdia and then him sorta dissecting his own wagon sorta looked town later on so meh.

Decided to move on to different things.
Yoouuuu are referring to two different slots here newfriend.

-Elbirn
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3945 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Holy fucking house I can't call you the word I want to call you I will be perma banned for it

You are fucking
Fuck

Fuck you you fucking FUCK

FUCK

FUCK
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4222 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4201, Shinobi wrote:I had 3/4 scum on day 1 and all you clowns tunneled me out of the game for it.
Why do I even bother.
If it makes you feel any better, around the time you you insulted my ability to read you in our PT, I kinda went "oh. Wait fuck he's town isn't he"

Uhm...well we lynched bogre. I called klingon. I wanted ranger lynched in our nightmare pt and then moved off that for no reason. Nahdia we figured out but far later than we should have

You know what I lied I am giving myself 0 credit for any of this
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4284 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

Varsoon, baybee, doughnut bid yuself up, frend

We all love you and we love the amount of time and effort you put into your games. It's no exaggeration to say that you're one of, if not THE best mod on site.

Now that the niceties are out of the way, we gotta talk some theory broseph.

1. I recall playing a game with you where you denounced a reliance on mechanics and flavor over rhetoric in mafia. While I don't recall the exact specifics, it seemed clear that you value the cerebral, puzzle solvey aspect of mafia.

Pedit: lol ice been typing this for like 15 minutes on my phone and oh my god that like 2 page pedit

But this doesn't seem to be reflected in your games, and it confuses me. I wonder, like, did I misunderhear you? Am I remembering someone else? But no I'm sure it was you

My point being that I so very much agree with that notion, and you gotta get yo groove back. We need to move either to a mechanically minimilast setup or one where the roles emphasize the use of rhetoric and communication; in a lot of ways, your use of multiple private threads, private messages, and the ability for even the dead to speak does a wonderful job of this! And I so very much like that part. But the fact that your games can be broken open by exploits or proper knowledge of the setup makes me sad :( which leads into...

2. I mentioned this in the nightmare pt, idk if you were still following along (probably because you're great) but I disagree with multivoters on a spiritual level. That this game turned into "Multivoter: The Game" made me super sad.

This is another point in favor of rhetoric over mechanics; when you give someone more vote power, you've weakened the ability of rhetoric and discourse to shape the game. You've gone from playing mafia, one voice, one vote, and if you want more votes you must earn them through persuasion and debate; to "lol well I have TWO votes fuck yo couch". This game was that reduced to an absurdity. That the last, what, 3 days of this were just quicklynches by nahdia within the first minute? And then the day before was a quicklynch by house?

I don't need to beat a dead horse here and my purpose is not to complain, but I really want to drive the point home that multivoting is as perverse to the spirit of mafia, to me, as godfathers are to you :P

Sidenote: this game was so confusing that if I didn't have a hydra partner, my slot wouldn't have been able to vote. I literally had no idea how to, between the 30 weapons shop items Magic conch shell and Ben Franklins bifocals that we got out of olmecs hidden temple. I think more than once I told cerb "you do the mechanical stuff, I'm gonna play mafia"

So just. Again. Less confusing mechanjcs. Cuz if I was confused and demoralized by that, I'm sure it contributed to a lot of others flaking.

3. I'm pretty sure I had another point to make but I forgot, I'm just going to note again that you're awesome, and thanks for seeing this through. You da real mvp
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4310 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4206, Frozen Angel wrote:Im not sorry for what I did

I will call the people I called scum again if we play this and I'm not even sorry for them being wrong

RI and ABR you two are pure peaces of shit who think advertising our death when we're SLEEP (IRL i mean) is ok cause what i crumbed make no sense.
And @ shiro who said blabla you guys were obvtown why did we lynch you

When you attempt to hijack the game, you become a liability. Me and cerb agreed on voting for you, and did it k owing full well that you were town :/

Nothing against you guys, and we can disagree on the game theory there, but your move was really really antitown and we had to prevent it. Sorry :/
In post 4227, Randomnamechange wrote:This was a great setup. The issue was that certain players *cough Mixed6 and RI cough* became untouchable. To be honest I really wanted to get into this game mechanically because I felt that a group of players had taken over the game. I think the issue with power wasn't too bad outside of the Patches thing. I have to say my role seemed quite weak compared to others :( I think it's partly due to me hiding my augur for late game. I still had a good time. Pissed I let RI persuade me not to scumread Ranger and KC though.
But rando you were our ace in the hole, we wanted you in our corner and in the loop :(
In post 4274, SirCakez wrote:inb4 Varsoon rebels and starts running Newbie games instead
Tbh I'd belay me quitting mafia if it meant I could IC some varsoon newbie games. I like new people. I could show them the worrllldddd

I mean not really I'm still out but yeah
In post 4283, SugarJan wrote:Also can I get any tips for becoming better beyond "post more" which I think I got as hard as that will be because aaaaaugh smart people will be reading my posts and they'll all immediately think I'm stupid ^_^'
Post more
U no stupid u r smart don't worry
Play some normals, I'm no mind reader but I felt like you and Hobbes were overwhelmed and that led to your disengagement. Get your feet wet with a simpler game?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4323 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4312, House wrote:
In post 4310, Elbirn wrote:And @ shiro who said blabla you guys were obvtown why did we lynch you

When you attempt to hijack the game, you become a liability. Me and cerb agreed on voting for you, and did it k owing full well that you were town :/

Nothing against you guys, and we can disagree on the game theory there, but your move was really really antitown and we had to prevent it. Sorry :/
What the fuck ever, dude. You wound up hurting the game 100x worse than a bad gladiate.

I don't want any preaching from your slot whatsover.
Sorry house, I guess I missed the part where you caught nahdia. Or anyone caught nahdia. Or you did fuck all except murder someone I knew was town.

Oh

Wait.
In post 4316, Frozen Angel wrote:just sayin - not expecting a reaction - at least in a good manner

you said there is no way for my role to make sense

You owe me an apology for advertising my kill when I was sleep.
In post 4317, Frozen Angel wrote:that was @elbrin
I said nothing about your role not making sense, and there's nothing to apologize for. I already said I'm sorry we had to kill you. We can end the discussion there.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4343 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4324, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2741, Reasonably Irrational wrote:You're telling me that R&L can vig someone, but the target can say no and force a gladiate, but then R&L can kill them anyway?

The point would be what the fuck, exactly?

She's blustering because she doesn't want anyone to vote her.

Disclaimer, on the off chance I'm wrong I don't think I want anyone to push her over the edge, so stay your votes for now bros. Just yeah, she's lying.
yep

lets move on

Except I was right. You were lying about being able to kill shadowstep even if you gladiated. It's right here.

Spoiler:
In post 3396, Varsoon wrote:
Rylai and Lina's role has been revealed. They were
Brador
, aligned with
Yharnam
Rylai and Lina's entire role functions as follows:
Spoiler:
Brador, Church Assassin
Some places are better left untouched, and some secrets are better left alone.
You are aligned with the Town Faction. Upon being Slain, you reward 2,000 Echoes.
Do you hear the toll of the bell?

Each day, you may target a player.
At the start of the following night, your target may decide the begin the next day gladiating you (only you and the player may be voted for).
If the player declines, you will instead perform a kill on them.
The player will be informed that they will be killed if they decline the Gladiator challenge.

Unending death awaits those who pry into the unknown.

You begin the game with access to the BLOODLETTER weapon.
THE BLOODLETTER:
Any player that you are voting for can not submit votes or actions that target you. You must use the bolded tag [BLOODLETTER: Player Name]. TRANSFORMED: You may cause yourself to permanently take 20% less votes to lynch. If you do so, your next vote will gain enough strength to place the voted player at L-1, regardless of amount of other votes on the player. You must use the bolded tag [VICIOUS BLOODLETTER: Player Name].

THAT is the part of the role that you lied about. I was right.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4348 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4342, Frozen Angel wrote:you fucking killed me over scummy shadow for bloodechoes

don't even tell me that you were 1% scumreading me then, cuase I won't beleive.

I made a confirmable claim and you didn't even let me confirm that to you.
Shadows was town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4352 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4346, Frozen Angel wrote:I could kill him with my blade and the molotove becuase ranger was on it

I never lied about anything you shit
You claimed a Magick super power that could kill shadow, don't even
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4360 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4325, House wrote:
In post 4323, Elbirn wrote:Sorry house, I guess I missed the part where you caught nahdia. Or anyone caught nahdia. Or you did fuck all except murder someone I knew was town.
That's okay. The damage I did pales in comparison to feeding echoes and information to scum while simultaneously depriving town of both.

Nahdia wasn't scum's MVP. You were. She couldn't have done what she did without you.

Also, how COULD ANYBODY NOT IN YOUR PRECIOUS INNER CIRCLE CATCH HER WHEN THE SLIP WAS THERE, YOU DISINGENUOUS FUCK?
Oh go fuck the horse you rode in on. Every last member of this town was horrible and I'm not taking the blame for it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4486 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4477, Zulfy wrote:Town deserved this
I disagree tbh. No one deserved this. Nahdia should have gotten a solo 3p win and that's about it.

I'm really sorry that we lynched you zulfy, I know my whimsical style doesn't really do much to persuade people but I really felt in my heart that you were town and I couldn't stop everyone from lynching you and then cerb got on the wagon because "muh echoes" :(
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4488 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I can't blame you cerb, that lynch was going to happen and you just made sure we profited from it. I blame myself for not being more available to persuade and yell at people not to lynch zulfy. I might not have succeeded but dammit I'd have tried
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4502 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4494, Varsoon wrote:21 Shenandoah, Kenner, Louisiana 70065
Send me all your nuts (and pizza)
If this is real I may actually buy you pizza someday. Is there a domino's or something nearby?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4735 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Elbirn »

Yaknow I multi quoted something a while ago but now it's not here and I don't remember what I wanted to talk about

So instead I'm gonna go ahead and say hey varsoon I just started watching cowboy bebop (I am a sham and haven't seen a surprising amount of staple/introductory anime) and pls no spoil anything but know that I've totally gathered that it's just an alternate dimension of space dandy. Dandy is to bebop as bioshock infinite is to bioshock. There's always a lighthouse. There's always a dandy.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4757 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Elbirn »

So anyone else playing pokemon go?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4759 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Aw come on cerb ya gotta get #fit with Gokémon. Make some poke pals and shit. And join team instinct when you hit lvl 5 thanks
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4782 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4761, Shiro wrote:
In post 4757, Elbirn wrote:So anyone else playing pokemon go?
Team mystic for life.
Imgur won't work so uhm uhm uhh my response to you is a picture of a dude saying "ew I stepped in shit" and then it shows the bottom of his shoe and it's the team mystic logo

But jk I support an alliance between instinct and mystic, as long as you're not with those Valor losers we good
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4784 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

Tight. Is there actually like a solidified bloc of one team holding everything? This game is a total cluster fuck in the states, seems to be an even amount of every team and gyms change hands every few hours. I want to be able to rally my people and establish a stronghold in my area, raise an army, have a pseudo country here, but the way the games designed I don't think that's a thing
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4793 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4788, Nahdia wrote:something i noticed. Cerb always seems to get the feature role or really crazy ones in Varsoon games.

Saga Frontier, got the Third Party BP Strongman Treestumper Aristocrat
Steven Universe, got Steven
Space Dandy 2, got THE Space Dandy
Bloodborne Mafia, got the recruiter infinite regenerator
And yet I always feel like I'm the one who gets the featured role in varsoon games

Space Dandy 1 I was dandy
sd2 I was the chameleolian, admittedly, but I started as captain of the ship and with qt and meow as my crew
And then this game as mentioned

Maybe varsy just has good roles

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”