TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:52 am

Post by TaffMaster »

So it looks like we've got rid of the Cult straight away. Its good to know thats one scum group out of the way immediately.

Also a scum dead on night 1 too? Great work.

This is a good start.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:30 am

Post by TaffMaster »

This is seriously how you guys play?

Wow. That is dumb.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 am

Post by TaffMaster »

theopor_COD wrote:Yeh get used to it. Scum.
Do you guys have a rulebook of phrases that you make sure not to say? Because if you do then thats hilarious.
cicero wrote: QFT

Unvote. Vote Taffmaster
And can we all try not to turn on each other for fast wagoning? This one is kinda blatantly obvious and I want a piece of it too.
WHEN THIS GUY TURNS UP TO BE TOWN DONT BE MAD AT ME FOR VOTING HIM
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:50 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Wow. So you follow this like religion? So if you were to kill me today and I cardfliped town, will you be looking at just Niv and Ergo as 3rd and 4th votes?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:03 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm just saying what is, dude. Don't kill the messenger.
I cant, I'm not a day kill vigilante. :(
Aisar wrote:Guys I think voting taff is a good move too:

##vote: Taffmaster

Memeticisms work, I don't need to think, lalalalalala

##unvote

To be quite honest, using the wiki is a terrible excuse for not having actual discussion. Perhaps they work in terms of probability, but just bandwagoning one person on day 1 immediately from the start is incredibly scummy.
But it clearly defines what a scum is and what a scum isnt. Without it where would we be??? We may have to use logic and analysis!
theopor_COD wrote:No it's just a day one early bandwagon. It's interesting to see how you react to the votes - can't say I'm particularly impressed. Have you played elsewhere?
Its not impressive to see me think its dumb to bandwagon someone because the wiki says so, especially when its people entering the thread and saying yes thats scummy and voting? Well sorry, that is dumb.

Ive played plenty on Something Awful, where we dont rely on peoples wikipedia entries to vote people off. Where we use good old fashioned detective skills. I would have thought a forum dedicated to mafia would have had more impetus placed in calculating and working out peoples alligence.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:04 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChannelDelibird wrote: No, it's not as rigid as that. The 3rd and 4th votes thing has died out rather, although in my experience scum still tend to big up the night results or boo them as appropriate. It's also a good day 1 bandwagon.
Then it should be taken out of the wiki.

Also, Aisar I read your post and thought wow, someone sensible who actually discusses at last, then looked at your name and thought, awww its just one of the SA people.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:07 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX wrote:
unvote
vote Aisar

Histrionics over an early wagon? Funny how no one piped up when Niv collected a few votes.
HAHAHA. Niv got 3 votes including one from himself. Oh my, why didnt someone point out how harsh that bandwagon vote was!
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 am

Post by TaffMaster »

You defended me, a confirmed scum. That makes you scum.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:25 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Im not buddying up with Aisar. I hate him.

Vote Aisar

Quick Aisar, vote me back so if one of us flips scum the other looks more townie!
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:27 am

Post by TaffMaster »

We're only guests here because you guys cant afford the $10 to come visit us.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:28 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Aisar wrote:
TaffMaster wrote:Im not buddying up with Aisar. I hate him.

Vote Aisar

Quick Aisar, vote me back so if one of us flips scum the other looks more townie!
This is a really good plan. It's unfortunate that, as scum, we can't talk outside of the thread, so we should make plans in the thread.

##vote Taff
Agreeing with scum?
Claiming scum?
Using a non MafiaScum approved way of voting?

AISAR IS SCUM PEOPLE. TAKE IT TO THE BANK
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:29 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:lol ? you PAY for access ?

Hahahahaha losers.
Yes, it keeps the idiots out. Especially when they know that if they behave like idiots they get banned.*

*somehoe it doesnt keep Alasdair out :(
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Watcha gonna do, noob ? Buy mafiascum with your fat wallet and have me banned ? Haaa
No, that would be ridiculous. Why would I do something so ridiculous?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:40 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Aisar brings up a good point. Why is Xythar in Japan? Why is he watching anime? Its basically cartoons, with sexy bits isnt it? I dont know.

unvote Aisar

vote Xythar

I'll remove this vote when he moves to Australia to start watching Crocodile Hunter.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:57 am

Post by TaffMaster »

New evidence indicates Xythar is a STINGRAY and may be responsible for the death of Steve Irwin. I'm not sure what this means, but I'm keeping my vote on him till he explains.

By the way if he flips town its not my fault he was acting scummy in my book of mafia tells it says being emorated, watching anime and moving to japan are all scum tells. Please dont lynch me tia
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Still you did not respond to why you are afraid of a mislynch with only half the votes necessary for a lynch on page 3.
Possibly because it took an hour and a half for those votes to all jump on.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Can I again point out I went from 0-6 votes in an hour an a half.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:01 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX wrote:@Taff, do you honestly think that all the votes on you were part of some vast right wing conspiracy? What does the timing in real-life time have to do with it?
No, I think it was dumb that they all came from peoples 1st to second post in a short time period. Who is to say that if we hadnt started this arguing that an hour and a half later I wouldnt have been up to 12 votes as people took the easy lynch option rather than discussing.

This is me on day 1. I hate day 1.

Also I think Xythar mentioned he hoped there wasnt a recruiter for the Cult of Skaro. I would doubt it based on purely knowledge of Dr Who, since you cant "convert" someone to Dalek like you could to Cyberman.
Xythar wrote:
Problem is, the fact that it's in the wiki and everyone already knows it so well makes it kind of WIFOM. It's so well known the scum would specifically avoid doing it... or would they? This game's too complicated to play just by phrase recognition.
So also the scum would know to jump on a phrase for an easy lynch. Hmmmm
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

People using their first or second post to say "I agree with him vote taff" is not weird to you?

I mean, just contribute people, think for yourselves.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:02 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Vote tally is wrong, mcpalt switched his vote didnt he?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:03 am

Post by TaffMaster »

vollkan wrote:Their rationale for voting you was you making a "good night for us" comment. Do you really expect each one of them to deliver their own individual explanation of what is wrong with such a comment, for a random starting wagon?
Yes.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:08 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Erg0 wrote:I dunno, you could take your pick in this game.

Just so people know I'm not pulling this tell out of my ass, I direct you to thisrecent game. Note that two players express surprise and/or indignation at the night results at the start of day 1. Their roles: one mafia, one SK. These are experienced players, not noobs, and yet they still fell into this trap.

I seriously don't know why people still do this despite the tell being in the "rulebook", as it were. It's like unicorns and ice cream sandwiches - it should not be, and yet it is.
Possibly because thats your rule book and not mine. I originally said it as a basis of typing up furthur a look at possible flavour outcomes as I probably have a better Dr Who knowledge than most of the people playing in this game. Since it appears that each person has an individual from the Whoniverse that they represent, rather than all Vanilla townies being "Normal Human" that makes the rest of the game very interesting, particulary in regards to future role claims.

Based on flavour rguments before we get into the game

I dont think we'd have another cult.

I'd bet money on us having a Mason group. I'd bet theres bulletproof player (s). I'd even be willing to stretch that theres a lyncher and a lynchee.

Thats why I said it was a good night. Because pre game I figured the Daleks would be the bad guys and that there may be a cult formed by the Cybermen leader. And one of those is down and I assume out of the game, and the scum group is confirmed.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:26 am

Post by TaffMaster »

The Something Awful Formatted Votecount

Womensrights (0)
-
Albert B. Rampage,

Albert. B Rampage (0)
-
Volkan (2)

Yosarian2 (0)
-
ChannelDelibird

Niv (2)
-
ChronX
Niv
Shteven
, WomensRights,
longname
, caps
ninthlayer (0)
-
cicero

MastermindOfSin (2)
- FlameAxe, ChronX
TaffMaster (4)
-
Tarhalindur
, ChannelDelibird,
Niv
, Erg0, theopor_COD, cicero,
Aisar
Aisar

Flameaxe (1)
- mcpaltp
Aisar (5)
-
ChronX
, Albert B. Rampage,
TaffMaster
, Tarhalindur, Shteven, vollkan (2)
Xythar (1)
- TaffMaster,
Aisar

Tarhalindur (2)
- Aisar, Xythar,
caps

ChannelDeliBird (0)
- MastermindOfSin (0)

BM, Niv unvoted so I only have 4 votes[/b]
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX, why did you switch your vote? You said Aisar was scummy, then randomly vote MoS?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:15 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX wrote: My vote was not random, my reason was unstated.
Unstated = random as far as I am concerned. I believe votes are powerful, therefore even if the reason for it is that its random, then it must be stated.
ChronX wrote:You will find that my vote will move several times during Day 1, its a playstyle thing.
Isnt that also a scum tell?
ChronX wrote:Town points for picking up on that. My predicition right now is that Aisar is scum and his defense of you was a buddying attempt with someone he knows is not part of his faction, as opposed to gallantly defending you as a scummate. I've said already that: "It is not necessarily a scum tell in all cases, but I think its a VERY reasonable place for some votes to have lodged in the early going." It being night congratulation. The reason it is a good place to lodge an early vote is that one can catch someone riding to the rescue, and other benefits of the wagon, not just the reaction of the wagonee.
If me and Aisar had been scum then it would have been the dumbest day 1 ever for scum.

ChronX wrote:The vote on MastermindofSin is for a similar reason. The guy who lost his night vote was targetted by someone or targetted someone for some reason. I don't think Flameaxe would pull one of those BS "I'm gonna push a vote on this guy all Day 1" stunts (latest post bears this out), so I think he must have some logical reason of his own behind his jokey push on MoS. Shame on me if it turns out to be some meta thing.
Or it was a random vote steal and slot. I dont know, thats what it would look like to me. I had a look at Flameaxe earlier for metagaming purposes, and to me it looks like thats how he plays.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX wrote:Are you softclaiming for you, him or both?
Nope. Just saying that while we SA guys dont play to the same wikipedia as you guys, we arent dumb enough to do that on day 1.

Hell, infact I'd say being scum with someone on SA is a nightmare as most of the time you get sold out by your scum buddies in an attempt to make them look innocent.

Axelrod wrote:Now this post is probably strike two for you. Can you guess why?

Incidentally, you did not say that it was a "good Night" for us. You said "Good Work" like you were congratulating someone.
I know exactly why, but I said it anyway. I'm not holding back on what I say because of your dumb scum rules. If you think I'm scum then vote me off.

I said great work cause I cant imagine three night 1 kills all being the work of town.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:02 am

Post by TaffMaster »

The Something Awful Formatted Votecount

Womensrights (0)
-
Albert B. Rampage,

Albert. B Rampage (0)
-
Volkan (2)

Yosarian2 (0)
-
ChannelDelibird

Niv (2)
-
ChronX
Niv
Shteven
, WomensRights,
longname
, caps
ninthlayer (0)
-
cicero

MastermindOfSin (2)
- FlameAxe, ChronX
TaffMaster (4)
-
Tarhalindur
, ChannelDelibird,
Niv
, Erg0, theopor_COD, cicero,
Aisar
Aisar

Flameaxe (0)
-
mcpaltp

Aisar (5)
-
ChronX
, Albert B. Rampage,
TaffMaster
, Tarhalindur, Shteven, vollkan (2)
Xythar (1)
- TaffMaster,
Aisar

Tarhalindur (3)
- Aisar, Xythar,
caps
, mcpaltp
ChannelDeliBird (0)
- MastermindOfSin (0)
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Axelrod wrote:Actually, I guess what you said was "Great Work". And you also did say it was a "good start" for us.
It was great work

It was a good start.

Thats one scum gorup potentially dead. THATS A GREAT START AND ITS GOOD WORK WHOEVER KILLED THEM
Erg0 wrote:This isn't about playing to the wiki. I don't use scumtells unless I've seen them work myself, and this one does work. The wiki documents the tell, it does not dictate it.
It works on here, maybe. Different strokes for different folks.

Its not working right now :)
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:23 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Axelrod wrote:If so, are you guessing that it was a townie vigilante who fired off completely in the dark without having any information about anyone, i.e. randomly killing.
Yes. I think one of the kills was the work of a townie, one was the work of the Daleks, and one a possible Serial killer, I would guess at that being "The Master"
Axelrod wrote:If so, is this something to congratulate? Wouldn't the proper reaction be "Wow, we sure got lucky. Vig. you are retarded." Not "Great Work!" as though he actually knew what he was doing.
A lucky shot is still great work where I am concerned.
Axelrod wrote:I fully expect at least two scum killing groups, not including the Cult, based on the introduction to the game. In addition, there's very likely a loner SK role running around. That makes more sense to me than the town having a stupid vigilante who just got lucky (assuming, of course, that he would have killed one of the scums - a townie
did
die last Night you know). Why should we think that the stupid vig would have killed one of the scum roles?
I dont care if it was the vig or not, scum killing scum is good by me. GREAT WORK SCUM OR VIG WHOEVER YOU ARE.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:23 am

Post by TaffMaster »

mcpaltp wrote:
Upon first examination, any success can be seen as a blessing.
Face of Boe?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:24 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Erg0 wrote:Scumtells are universal. The only variation between sites is whether people are aware of them.
Lol, some of you guys need to play a SA game
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:30 am

Post by TaffMaster »

mcpaltp wrote:
It is not yet time.
Nice.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:35 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX wrote:@ taff, my playstyle on Day 1 is to hop my vote around. I do not view my vote as sacred, but it is only one of 2 tools at my disposal during the day. So, I need to use to gain myself and the group as much information as I can. Sometimes, my vote means "I think you are scummy" and sometimes it doesn't. In a mini, I play this way, when one vote on Day 1 is 1/7 of a lynch. When it is only 1/14 I intend to use it even more cavalierly. Sometimes, my vote will be used to see what reaction it gets, from the votee or others. Sometimes, I won't want to tip the reaction I am interested in getting by announcing it up front. Sometimes, in that case, I won't want to put any reason because a bogus reason would be a lie and that wouldn't be helpful.

This is how I scumhunt on Day 1. I will not be forced into playing robotically and only voting by some pre-ordained routine forced into me.
But my point is that on this forum people appear to play robotically, using what has been tried and tested on this forum against each other to uncover scum. Now to be honest I find that inherently dumb. If you guys have really cracked what makes a person scum then how come the town dont win every game? Is there stats on this site for how many games Scum win to Town wins? Because the majority of players in this game appear to be sticking to formulas and damn them if they are wrong. Hell, the most annoying post in this whole game for me so far was this one
cicero wrote:QFT

Unvote. Vote Taffmaster
And can we all try not to turn on each other for fast wagoning? This one is kinda blatantly obvious and I want a piece of it too.
Why? Because a player comes along, puts a vote on and then says basically "if he flips town lets not blame each other because he said something that we all know is a scum tell". What? Then what are you going to do if you lynched me and I flipped town, look at the players who didnt vote for me?

The vote was fast and fleet, which was the reason for my annoyance. YEs it was only 6 votes when 14 is a lynch, but those 6 came in an hour and a half, whats to stop me running to the store and coming back to find myself on Lynch -2. Players coming in, adding nothing to the game except to say "YES I AGREE VOTE TAFF" or "QFT VOTE TAFF" well that is dumb. Explain your vote. Use reasoning. Otherwise curse the town, because if the townies arent willing to put reasoning behind their votes then neither are the scum, and if the scum dont have to use reasoning then it makes it harder for us to find a trail later in the game.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:01 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Cicero, I went back to your post
cicero wrote:They aren't allowed to swear in their $10 forum. It's very strict there actually. So apparently they need to come to another board to misbehave (swear, troll, insult) in a manner that would not be tolerated at somethingawful.com.
Lol, we are allowed to swear. Its just word filtered for people who are logged out.

cicero wrote:Yes - if you turn out town everyone can lynch me next. Seems kind of a moot point to me since that was the scummiest "hey guyz I'm teh skumzz" post I've seen so far on mafia. It made me wince *before* I saw that anyone had voted you. If you are town, you don't know how to play. What did you expect to achieve from a post like that exactly?

"Hey guys...I shoore AM yore buddy. I are so happy we done so well!"

No, I wanted to express delight that we had one scum group down immediately.

Its not I dont know how to play, its that I'm not used to this strict robotic world of Mafiascum.net where you have to follow set rules. Which Ive just posted like two or three posts above why I think its dumb.
cicero wrote:Surely you can see why it looks forced... and therefore fake... and therefore scummy, right? Since that post you and your friends have acted like people finding it scummy is preposterous. Which is either deliberately disingenuous or simply addled. And rather than just realise that the thing MIGHT be scummy, you and friend decided that it must be that everyone on the site - you know the site dedicated to mafia where a bunch of these guys do a ton of games at once and have for years (a description which does not include myself) - was stupid and worked to turn into another ridiculous little forum spat.
No, I think its that I thought we had a good night.
cicero wrote:For the record, it isn't just that the "wiki says so" and people blindly follow it. It's that tells come up repeatedly. Part of thought includes using memory to recognise patterns. Just like it isn't a problem for me when people say "Hey - the way cicero joined the wagon could totally be scummy". I'd say fair enough and explain why I did it and my thought process like this, which I will do now:
5 people all coming and following 1 persons reasoning?
Sex
thats way more scummy.

cicero wrote:Yes, I found it a little scummy even myself - but I had already seen his post and reacted to it exactly the same as 5 other people. A big red *SCUM* flag went up. In my post I was saying that even though in most cases a fast wagon can look really scummy, in this case it's very understandable because he made a very typical noobscum mistake.
Then post that when you vote rather than 70odd posts later
cicero wrote:Notice how my response isn't about how someone's "mafia dick got hard"?
That was Aisar, not me. I'm not his boss.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote: Do yourself a favor. Quit jumping up and down and just make a case. Play nice with the other children. Being accused of being scum isn't a moral indictment.
It's just a guess that Taff is playing for the other team.
Which I may or may not change as time goes on.
Ok, first you accuse me of being scum. I can take that. But now you accuse me of being gay?!?!?!
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

To be honest I have been thinking about my sexuality for a while now, and cicero's made it clear for me now. Thanks!
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

I bet it isnt.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

TaffMaster wrote:I bet it isnt.
This was to ChronX
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Cicero, when I metaed FlameAxe I also metaed Albert and they are playing like they both normally seem to play to me. However Im probably not a great judge since I skimmed and wasnt actually involved in the games
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

If youre gonna consider playing useless why dont you just NOT PLAY
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Then why dopnt you quote your own post rather than taking a rather random and pathetic potshot at me?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

NAL (Nuke All Lurkers)

##unvote
##vote Yosarian2
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

You can select at the bottom to just view posts from certain people. I cant see any counts tho
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:13 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Sir Tornado wrote:2) The list of scumtells in Wiki works as long as people are not aware that there is such a list in wiki. Taffmaster evidently did not, so his comment is a scum tell.
The list of scum tells work in this forum maybe, but they are not neccesarilly universal. Lynching me would prove that.
Sir Tornado wrote:3) The wagon on Aisar, however, looks too fast for my liking. Entirely possible that there are 2 scum groups in a game of this size, so that doesn't necessarily make him a townie.
No way is there another scum "group". Maybe one Serial Killer, but no group. I would say that 99% sure.
Sir Tornado wrote:5)
Vote Taffmaster
. I had been unsure of whether to vote Aisar or Taffmaster, but his comments on lynch all lurkers tipped the balance in his favour. He needs to explain how a person can "lurk" if the game is not even 2 days old.
Wow, now I also think the doc and cop should claim, and also we should mass role claim. This would help clear everyone.

[/sarcasm]
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:52 am

Post by TaffMaster »

vollkan wrote: From personal experience, large theme games commonly have 2 scum groups and SK and the fact that BM even referred to the Slitheens just further bolsters this.

On that note, time for some Whovian conjecture:
The slitheens are able to hide themselves in the skin of their human victims; a technique they used on the show to inflitrate British society. Obviously, that corresponds to the mafia concept of a scum group with safe claims, which possibly fits with the second bit I bolded by BM.

I'm actually rather surprised that there is no mention of the Master, who is a perfect match for a SK. I don't think the Master is ruled out though, just because there is no mention of him.
I must have completely missed the line about the Slithereen. I was going off the fact that I couldnt see how there could be a Cult-Scum Group-Scum Group and the serial killer I assume there is too as that would appear to make it extremely difficult for the scum to stand a chance.

Axelrod wrote:If Xythar dies early in most games on SA, then it's only a sign that he's a respected player. And comparing his posting here to the posting of certain other SA personages, it's not hard to see why. I don't think I have any issues with anything Xythar has said this game.
I agree. Xythars a good player, if Emorated.
mcpaltp wrote:
You are not alone. One may not be who one claims to be.
What was vollkan saying about no hint of the Master?

Also the Slithereen could easily be playing Human roles, so a roleclaim wouldnt be too helpful.
Sir Tornado wrote: Nice job dodging my question...
I already had above, it was a joke vote.

"oh we're past the joke vote stage"

Well we shouldnt be. Ever.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:15 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Because its a dumb tell, that gives an advantage to experienced scum players over new town players as they can use it to manipulate town into an easy lynch which they can later justify by saying "Oh well, he made a scum tell"
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:26 am

Post by TaffMaster »

TaffMaster wrote:Because its a dumb tell, that gives an advantage to experienced scum players over new town players as they can use it to manipulate town into an easy lynch which they can later justify by saying "Oh well, he made a scum tell"
By experienced and new players I mean in regard to this forum, not the game itself. Its clearly a widely used tell on this forum, but its wrong in this case at the very least.

If you kill me today, then the town is down one player, possibly as much as another 3 if we get the same amount of night kills as before. Thats why I couldnt understand why there'd be two scum groups as well as a cult.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am

Post by TaffMaster »

ChronX wrote:I am really tired of Taff's emo soft claims. Taff, come out and EXPLICITLY claim your role, since I have quoted 2 or 3 of your posts where you pull the "the town will be sorry" crap. Your play is horrible, and I am tired of you beating the horse that you are being victimized for your post night celebration. I, personally, wasn't thinking you were scum on the sole basis of that...I felt the small wagon over it was fine, but wouldn't have supported lynching you on just that, nor did I vote for you in that phase. But you have given off a huge reek of scumminess since then.
The town will be sorry because I am a town player, not because of my specific role. I'm not saying I'm a cop or a roleblocker or a doctor or THE Doctor because that would be a dumb thing to do this early in the game if I was, I'm saying I'm town aligned and therefore the town would be sorry in the same way they would be sorry did they eliminate a vanilla townie or a power role because ultimately a townie dead is a loss for the town.

By the way,
##unvote
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:08 am

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:OK fine -You know that saying that means absolutely nothing, right? I mean just from an ego perspective, I'd rather lynch someone claiming vanilla townie and be wrong then NOT lynch someone claiming it and have them turn out to be scum. Because in the second case, they can totally go "haha. suckers."
Role claiming when youre 7 votes away from a lynch would be dumb. Why do you keep pressing me to do so?
cicero wrote:So, quit claiming it and show it. Who do you think is scummy in here. and why? Who would you like to question and about what. What should the town do at the end of today? Who should we lynch if not you?
This is the thing, I believe Day 1 is the most annoying and fustrating thing because people pick up on the stupidest little thing to use as a scum tell, in almost every game Ive played. I believe its the hardest thing to pick out scum on day 1 and hate trying it unless someone makes a collosuss mistake.

At the moment Albert and FlameAxe are both clearly acting like they dont give a fuck, but from looking at their history thats how they play. I dont think thats entirely beneficial to the town. Especially Albert trying to rush the town into a lynch right now. Theres some people whove made 1 or 2 posts max, some who havent even posted, yet Albert wants day 1 to end already? Strange.

As I said before ChronX's behaviour confuses me, especially his random switch to MoS without even stating why. He claimed earlier its what he uses as a confusion tactic to pick up on tells, but it seems strange behaviour to me. He also appeared to attempt to get Yosarian2 to claim after Yos made his first post saying he'd forgotten about the game. Im not suprised he forgot, the game hasnt been open long.

Also the following players

8. TheNinthLayer
18. Lemming1607
24. Yamahako

have yet to make a post. Yes I understand its early in the game, but I hope they find it soon because replacements = confusion
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:28 am

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:@taffmaster - I agree with much of your post. More later. But right away, I need to clarify:

absolutely do NOT want you to claim. I'm not pressuring you to do so. If anything, please consider this a request that you do not until you are much closer to lynch (Lynch minus one). I didn't address this directly in my last post because you had already responded to ChronX the way I thought you should.
Good, because if you were asking anyone to claim at lynch -7 then that would have been pretty scummy.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't think your
role
is beneficial to the town.
Clearly.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:10 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Yosarian2 wrote:99% sure? That's a bit strong, disturbingly so. It's a huge game, and we had 3 night zero kills, it wouldn't be at all unusual for there to be 2 mafias.
I explained. I thought the game mechanics and flavour would lead me to believe there wasnt a second scum group.

Then it was pointed out I completely missed a line about the Slithereen in my reading :(
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:11 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Also can I point out the only reason I speculated about a mason group in the game is because I speculated about it IN THE SIGN UP THREAD.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:17 am

Post by TaffMaster »

EMPHASIS
[/b]
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:52 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Axelrod wrote: So you were just showing your amazing consistency?
YES! 8-)
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:58 am

Post by TaffMaster »

From this post
cicero wrote: OK fine -You know that saying that means absolutely nothing, right? I mean just from an ego perspective, I'd rather lynch someone claiming vanilla townie and be wrong then NOT lynch someone claiming it and have them turn out to be scum. Because in the second case, they can totally go "haha. suckers."

So, quit claiming it and show it. Who do you think is scummy in here. and why? Who would you like to question and about what. What should the town do at the end of today? Who should we lynch if not you?
Which is weird, because I asked if you were trying to make me claim and you clarified in your next post. Thats getting ignored by some people.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #56) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am

Post by TaffMaster »

I agree with ChronX's post, well the bits about

Everyone seems to have quietened down now, thank god. Last few days have been a bit manic. This games been 20 pages of mainly silly back and forths, and I include myself in that. Only problem now is getting those people who have stood in the background and listened to state an opinion. Now people, SPEAK.

Perhaps they'll speak up soon. Opinions matter. People withoout opinions are people who we dont need. Every opinion counts, even Xythars!
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #57) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:That is a shame, but to be honest, I can't say I miss Aisar complaining about how much mafiascum sucks and how dumb everyone on mafiascum is.
QFT but I'd rather modkill if you know what I mean....day1s in large games last MONTHS. I don't feel like investing if others aren't, etc.
Day 1s in large games last months here? You need a SA account!

mcpaltp is using Face of Boe quotes. In the show Boe hints towards the presence of the Master, so I would guess that mcpaltp isnt the Master as to hint to his own existence would be dumb.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #58) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

vollkan wrote:Meta, this is largely consistent with what I have seen of flameaxe.
Thats not much of a defence though.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:00 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Captain Jack is hinted to actually turn into the Face of Boe.

It looks very much like this is a new series game.

I cant defend myself against blowing up when accused, I do it all the time in games. The other suspicions, well what exactly can I do. I think my first comment was based on the night being good for us :(

Hell, all this role speculation is usually used as a scum tell as it can be used by scum to fish for a good claim.

If you guys want to vote me off Im not going to blow up again. Ive said my piece, but at least dont put me at lynch without letting me have final words.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:24 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Why did you guys ignore this?
Jamuraan wrote:I AM SCUM LYNCH ME PLEASE I CANT PLAY ANYMORE HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY 1 =)
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:42 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Jammys not a bad player on SA, I think you guys just fustrate a lot of us guys because we have different styles of playing and tells, hence me blowing up earlier.

I wont be asking to be replaced.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:58 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Not all of us are Americans.

Modkill.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:00 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Because :

1) is a easy lynch that we get no info from apart from perhaps l
2) ignoring him just creates confusion
3) replaced just means his replacement is in a shit situation
4) makes most sense

4 is most logical, 1 is the alternative.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #64) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:02 am

Post by TaffMaster »

oops didnt finish 1

1) is a easy lynch we get no info from apart from perhaps that you and Shanba initially ignored his post
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 am

Post by TaffMaster »

All three killed night 0 were people from the more recent serieses.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #66) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:A trip over to Somethingawful (specifically their mafia discussion thread starting on...oh say page 154) suggests that a number of them have contempt for this board - primarily it's slow pace - and looked forward to screwing with the games here. I know it isn't all of them by any means - but I highly doubt that we've seen the last bit of trouble from the field trip. In this or other games.

Dont blame all of us. Im sure you have bad eggs here too.

Anyway, Im resigned to my fate that I'll die tonight, since its been pushed hard for and it seems no one wants to look at alternatives. I will state now that I'm most suspicious of Cicero and ChronX. Please dont kill me before I get a chance to full role claim.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #67) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

In fact, never mind, to spark discussion at least heres the post where I breadcrumbed my role name
TaffMaster wrote:
Everyone seems to have quietened down now, thank god. Last few days have been a bit manic. This games been 20 pages of mainly silly back and forths, and I include myself in that. Only problem now is getting those people who have stood in the background and listened to state an opinion. Now people, SPEAK.

Perhaps they'll speak up soon. Opinions matter. People withoout opinions are people who we dont need. Every opinion counts, even Xythars!
I'll post my full role info tomorrow. If you guys still want to kill me then I wont object.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #68) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:I didn't get it but I don't think you should be revealing your role until you are ar L-1, Taff. Apparently to the Doctor Who heads it doesn't matter cuz they know you're role now. Which is too bad. You are way further from a lynch then you think.
I agree, and I wasnt going to claim. But to be honest, with the thread being locked Ive kind of grown a little disillusioned with the game and with people just coming back and voting for me I'd prefer to take away the easy option so town have to look at other options, rather than waiting 5-10 days for another 8 votes.

I guess I dont need to full claim now?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #69) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

MEh, all discussion has been about me.

Now at least people feel they have to talk about me.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #70) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

ABOUT OTHERS I MEAN
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #71) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:04 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Yes. But the way discussion had stagnated over the last few days, and with the thread reopening and me getting a no content vote and another FOS, I wanted to do it. Because to be honest, I'm sick of saying the same things, especially as we are up to page 27
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #72) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:02 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Well, I'm sorry. Thats how I felt on impulse last night, but I can understand what you mean.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #73) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:57 am

Post by TaffMaster »

vote Roach

Ive had enough of Day 1, Aisar behaved like an ass and from what some of you say Roach can be disruptive too. So lets nip this in the bud.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #74) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:19 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Honestly, I dont particulary think hes scum. Aisar was a dick, but I didnt get a scummy vibe off him. I think cicero is a more scummy, however I'm tired of day 1, would prefer to get the information from a lynch that we'll get and move on to day 2. Since no one seemed to be picking up on the same things I did about cicero then I'm willing to vote for the guy who replace the guy who disrupted the game, and that you guys say can be a disruptive influence.

You guys debating my character claim, well to be honest it is a town role. But as you say, its a minor character and as such there isnt much more for me to do except place my vote, so I'm happy to follow others for now.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #75) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:If you want to lynch Roach EVEN THOUGH he's obv townie though... well... I guess that would remove an irritating player AND give me lots of wagon jumpers to lynch.
Im either staying on here, or switching to you. Which would you prefer?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:20 am

Post by TaffMaster »

I'm changing my vote to cicero for two reasons
cicero wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
TaffMaster wrote:So it looks like we've got rid of the Cult straight away. Its good to know thats one scum group out of the way immediately.

Also a scum dead on night 1 too? Great work.

This is a good start.
Vote: TaffMaster

The "OMG good night for us" comments are pinging my scumdar.
QFT

Unvote. Vote Taffmaster
This is weird, hes pushing for a quick lynch while saying not to accuse each other for fast wagoning? So jump on board scum cause cicero says it allowed!

The other reason is

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 045#817045

Posting after Jammys scum claim and ignoring it. Yes it was 7 minutes later, but I still would expect someone to notice a new post above theirs when they post. Shanbas is even worse, how the hell did he not notice it.

These two reasons combined with his general demeanor have given me a scummy view of him.

FOS Shanba

unvote vote cicero
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #77) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:21 am

Post by TaffMaster »

The reason for taking it off Roach is *sigh* Im a sucker for a role claim and I never genuinely believed he was scum. I just want day 1 over with now.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #78) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:Taffmaster: Your post acts like I never did post 299.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 916#812916

As for Jamuuran, I responded to this complaint here in post 664:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 420#821420

I'm not going to re-explain a bunch of things I already posted for you guys, but I'll happily post links to the discussion.

Taffmaster is clearly voting for any wagon available so he can end the day. I'll need to go back and figure out why I *stopped* voting for this guy.
I dont deny you said therese things, but youre at least partly right about the second part.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #79) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:48 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Im not scum so thats a dumb convo. Switch it to "Taff isnt scum so I guarantee at least one of these votes is scum bandwagoning"
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (isolation #80) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Iammars wrote:
Vote: Taffmaster

How about explainign the rest of your beautiful logic on how you're not scum with the rest of us?
What? Weirdo.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #81) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:52 am

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:
Mod: Votecount is wrong. I'm voting for Caps
No youre not, you didnt unvote, fool.

Also people asking me to justify why I say Im town is dumb, hence "What? Weirdo"
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Cicero is so so scummy, and man, he LOVES throwing his votes around.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 am

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:As for anyone else from SomethingAwful.com: This game started with 30 players. THIRTY! it's going to go on for at least 4-6 months. You may be married with babies before it ends. If this is going to be a problem for you and you plan on getting bored and acting out, could you please seek replacement now AND QUIT FUCKING WITH BATTLEMAGE'S GAME!

Thanks.

Thanks.
Me?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (isolation #84) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Not the wiki, anything but the wiki!
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (isolation #85) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:47 am

Post by TaffMaster »

"no massclaim"

Its a dumb thing that Ive noticed has been started being banned on SA as it leaves the mafia at a huge disadvantage. Breadcrumb if you want, but mass claims and crypto are terrible things.

Especially on day freaking 1
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (isolation #86) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Adel wrote:
TaffMaster wrote:
"no massclaim"

Its a dumb thing that Ive noticed has been started being banned on SA as it leaves the mafia at a huge disadvantage. Breadcrumb if you want, but mass claims and crypto are terrible things.

Especially on day freaking 1
breadcrumbing is a type of encryption! but since it is less transparent (other people don't know that you are placing code into your post) it gives an advantage to scum! they can breadcrumb more than one role to claim, and use whichever one suites their posistion later in the game.

you're supporting a scum-favored tactic over a town-favored tactic.
You are correct.

unvote

vote Adel

Idiotic plan and if youre looking for ways to break the game then Im looking for ways to get you out of the game.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (isolation #87) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:33 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Adel wrote:That is just about the worst excuse for a wagon I've ever heard of.

unvote; vote TaffMaster

For trying to lynch a player who attempts to win, while playig within the rules.

Wanting to lynch me because I'm attempting to innovate new ways for the town to win. bah. I hope to see you swing today.
Youre an idiot. This isnt innovating a way for the town to win, this is finding a way to cheat the game and put the scum at a HUGE disadvantage unless they have full proper cover identities which isnt guarenteed.

Its a game breaking strategy because you hole everyone into one claim for the rest of the game and force all the scum to come up with an identity and claim on day 1 when they know nothing of the game yet. Breadcrumbing isnt, because you could breadcrumb various messages and pick which one you expose later in the game.

I have another idea, lets all post our Mod PMs and then whoevers looks scummiest gets lynched! I'm assuming posting a Mod PM isnt allowed for that very reasoning.
Adel wrote:it will
a. be more secure -- breadcrumbing is very week if people know to look for it
b. verifiable -- everyone will be able to see that a p;layer is cooperating with the massclaim
c. enforceable -- everyone will be able to decrypt the claim once the key is provided, and see the one and only one claim encoded into the claim post.
A) Its too secure as like I say it forces scum to work entirely above what they should be able to. Breadcrumbing isnt very weak. If it is then why did no one pick up on mine till I pointed it out? How come theres still players in the game who dont know what I breadcrumbed?
b) Now thats just dumb again. "If you dont agree with my plan then youre scum!" Well in that case I may as well be the Master, Dalek Sec, a Cyberman, and a Slithereen all rolled into one!
c) THIS IS WHY IT IS GAME BREAKING
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (isolation #88) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 am

Post by TaffMaster »

And for those wondering what I was agreeing with earlier I will highlight
TaffMaster wrote:
Adel wrote: breadcrumbing is a type of encryption! but since it is less transparent (other people don't know that you are placing code into your post) it gives an advantage to scum! they can breadcrumb more than one role to claim, and use whichever one suites their posistion later in the game.

you're supporting a scum-favored tactic over a town-favored tactic
You are correct.

unvote

vote Adel

Idiotic plan and if youre looking for ways to break the game then Im looking for ways to get you out of the game.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:35 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Also if encryption in the way Adel is asking for is being allowed in this game then I'd like to be replaced. If not I'm happy to play.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Thanks for agreeing Fonz. I'm glad someone sees what I see.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:38 am

Post by TaffMaster »

I'm not explaining it to you.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:39 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Garnasha wrote:Taff, you want to make me unvote you, you convince me that you voted Adel because she was acting scummy. Nobody else answer for him please.
But, I didnt.

I voted Adel because she proposed a gamebreaking scenario then refused to back down on it. I'm all for killing anyone whos trying to ruin the game.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (isolation #93) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:40 am

Post by TaffMaster »

TaffMaster wrote:I'm not explaining it to you.
This was to Cicero asking me to explain my breadcrumbs by the way.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (isolation #94) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:52 am

Post by TaffMaster »

You said you'd allow encryption if its homemade rather than automated. I'm against that too, and if thats the case Im requesting a replacement.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (isolation #95) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:09 am

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:
2) Why on earth would we want to "policy lynch" Taff again? He's playing the game and not doing a bad job at it. He might be scum but I don't think he deserves a policy lynching.
Why would you policy lynch me?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (isolation #96) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Getting my vote back where it belongs since Adel piped down.

Unvote, Vote: cicero

Love you baby.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (isolation #97) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Oh man, I love to hammer.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Checking in a sec but I dont have time to post properly

I dont think I want to put a vote on cicero.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (isolation #99) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Vote : Cicero
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (isolation #100) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:
TaffMaster wrote:
Vote : Cicero
ooh! Look at THIS sneaky bastard! :D
I was on you almost all of the day yesterday.

Today you made a claim, which on first rushed read through I didnt think warrented a revote (but I am an absolute sucker for role claims) but on the second read where I had more time I believed it was sufficiently scummy.

Also people discussing Martha Jones Allignment as a character, theres no reason for BM to have mixed up the game and made her scum
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1591 (isolation #101) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:23 am

Post by TaffMaster »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
TaffMaster wrote:Also people discussing Martha Jones Allignment as a character, theres no reason for BM to have mixed up the game and made her scum
Are you saying that you support cicero's claim, and that maybe ABR is, say, insane?
No, Im voting cicero as scum, and saying that just because someone claims a character we assume to be town from the show, they may not be. To be honest, I was shopcked the votes dropped off me so quickly when I revealed where I had breadcrumbed.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (isolation #102) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Yosarian2 wrote:Eh...I'm thinking that perhaps it's best to just wait a day here. There seems to be a lot of bad guys with night kills running around here, and it seems unlikely to me that they'll both survive the night no matter who's telling the truth; if either one gets killed, we'll have some info to go on tommorow. And if they do both survive, then hey, at least we'll have another cop investigation from Albert to look at, that might help us figure out what to do next.
Cop > Doc

Albert Survives.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (isolation #103) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Ugh, I keep forgetting about this game.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (isolation #104) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:04 am

Post by TaffMaster »

cicero wrote:Dont you have a watchlist set up, Taffmaster? Go into options. You can have all your games in a row on one page. The order changes so the one with the most recent posting is at the top. Forgetting a game becomes hard to do and you dont need to search all over the forums.
I only read this forum for this game.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1888 (isolation #105) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:45 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alright guys, 24 hours til deadline,
I am not a cop I am a tracker
Cicero DID visit Adel last night.
Throughout this day I was left believing that he was a SK. Now, you have less than 24 hours as of this post to decide what to do with this information.

All comments on my play will land on deaf ears. BTW I call this ploy the reverse Kokusho's Gambit. /joke

Unvote

I will check in before deadline to vote somebody. Under no circumstance must we no-lynch. I am not opposed to lynching mmcalp.
Well that is indeed strange as my role is tracker. How often does the town have two?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1889 (isolation #106) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:49 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Also for those who didnt catch the breadcrumb earlier, it was the first letter of each sentance.

I'm Elton Pope.

I targeted Xythar night 1 and he did nothing. I targeted someone who targeted Vollkan last night, and he died as scum so I'm reluctant to reveal who would do such a thing
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (isolation #107) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:No. I am Elton Pope.
Awesome. Whats up bro?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (isolation #108) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:59 am

Post by TaffMaster »

unvote
vote Albert B. Rampage
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (isolation #109) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:54 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Uh I forgot to get a night action in. Sorry guys.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (isolation #110) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Vote Cicero
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (isolation #111) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:20 am

Post by TaffMaster »

1) I dont believe his claim.

2) Ive been getting scummy vibes from him since day 1

3) He says hes doc, yet didnt get a night action in. But he made over 50 posts in other places in the forum when it was night in this game. If hes the doc he should be working harder to get a night action in.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2052 (isolation #112) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:41 am

Post by TaffMaster »

I dont post on this forum for anything but this game, so I dont visit it often. Thats why I missed the night.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2053 (isolation #113) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Which is also why I didnt post 50 times around the forum like Cicero did :)
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (isolation #114) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:12 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Nope. I tracked Xythar night 0 and he didnt do anything. The person I tracked the next night killed scum, so I dont want to reveal them.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (isolation #115) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:14 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Also, I still think youre scum.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2058 (isolation #116) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:21 am

Post by TaffMaster »

TaffMaster wrote:Nope. I tracked Xythar night 0 and he didnt do anything. The person I tracked the next night killed scum, so I dont want to reveal them.
I just realised this should be targeted rather than killed.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2062 (isolation #117) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

someone who died that same night and came up scum
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (isolation #118) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:30 am

Post by TaffMaster »

But I said this yesterday and I'm still alive today?
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2067 (isolation #119) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:42 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Battle Mage wrote:
Vollkan (Dalek Emperor) - Mafia Godfather has been killed.

And last but not least was perhaps the most surprising outcome of all.
Despite her courageous efforts during her time in the game, she was not going to be allowed to hang around long.
This is who was targeted, and died. I dont know if my person cause it or not.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (isolation #120) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Korlash wrote:Namely becuase when I replaced no one seemed sure on either of the two. You could very well say the same thing about the claimed cop. To me I couldn't really trust either of them because then I would be ignoring another claimed power role. In the end I picked two random names off a page I randomly went to >< I know i know... My bad and all... But I seemed to have hit two players who were both targeted by something at least...

And so if Taff targeted me he should see me targeting both then yes?
I didnt. It was just you targeting Volkaan.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (isolation #121) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:28 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Definatly Tracker.

Followed you to Volks house, didnt see what you were doing.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (isolation #122) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:29 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Vote Korlash

Doesnt need explanation.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2153 (isolation #123) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 am

Post by TaffMaster »

Korlash wrote:
Also not that I disbelieve taff, but has he actualyl been proven a real tracker? Who did he track night 0? I know this sounds desperate but I just don't get why he didn't get my second target. Can't be because he died seeing as how Vollkan died too.
Night 0 : Xythar
Night 1 : Garnasha
Night 2 : missed my night action

Rose is a companion, and in one episode gains god powers, meaning she can revive Captain Jack from the dead (which is how he becomes immortal) and a load of other cool stuff. However thats just a one episode thing.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2175 (isolation #124) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

The Fonz wrote: I want to know what Taff's pm tells him. Does it say something along the lines of 'you will receive the name of a player your target targetted' or does it say something along the lines of 'you will find out whoever your target targetted? If it's the latter, either the mod has directly lied to a player, which is bad, or Korlash is still lying.
It doesnt say either directly, more along the lines of trying toc atch people in the act
Korlash wrote:Yeah my speculation on the mason was suppose to be to narrow down the possible scum suspects before I die. Still a huge list... but...

Also what episode is that? i want to see it... Man Rose is so cool!!! <3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Parting_of_the_Ways
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (isolation #125) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:43 am

Post by TaffMaster »

unvote Korlash

Apparently I can only track a person to 1 location.

Oh well.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (isolation #126) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:19 am

Post by TaffMaster »

oh in that case I'll keep my vote on cicero :)
TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2209 (isolation #127) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by TaffMaster »

Vote Korlash

just to make sure.
TaffMaster
TaffMaster