Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2512 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Not Chara »

i'll be reading tonight. if anyone has specific things that they think would be helpful to me understanding my catchup, please let me know.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2513 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Not Chara »

oh and, to reply to Titus (?) above: hello everyone. please thank me immensely.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Not Chara »

hello, Mathblade!

reads from the top of page 14, because if i catch up in my usual way in a game this large, i might die.
Albert and Jaereed: strongest town reads. Jaereed is one i have some suspicions about based on minor things they've said, but i would still call them town for now.
Mathblade: did not understand a lot of their logic. especially the vote on ABR after he talked about kidnapping, etc. followed by the later "whoops, you were talking about missions." the original reason for the vote was bad enough, it didn't make sense. but i could have dismissed that as simple odd-thinking (or even a joke/pressure attempt) were it not for the later 'realization' about missions. Math, did you think ABR was casually talking about crime because that'd what scum do in mafia? really?
Yume: probably town. unless all of her posting was during the draft phase and i'm forgetting that.
D&D and Space Cowboy: are voting each other, and both have some votes, only the first really has a wagon. at this point i would have chosen to push D&D, but i don't like either of the slots.
no links. catching up on my phone, because i have bad luck.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2520 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Klingoncelt: town. liked her Mathblade vote.
Space Cowboys: so long, Space Cowboy scumread. scum were gunning for this lynch.
Mathblade: still dislike their posting, but it's difficult to see them as scum with karnos. town? update: scum bus. still really, really do not like Math.
D&D: scum
: i see where the Vedith scumread came from, but after all that was said in the catchup it's very strange to see you vote Grovyle here.
Vedith: so far, i like the reasoning given for the scumreads here. tried to find them in the playerlist and could not. who replaced them?
i lost it when the third player began to refer to themselves in the third person.
now at the top of page 35. recorded thoughts are from much earlier, unfortunately. might have been wrong about space cowboy. i also haven't made up my mind about the McMenno slip because karnos was the one to point it out.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Not Chara »

oh, thank you. i'd just thought karnos flipped scum.
the mafia not knowing who the traitor was, i'll take that into account as i continue.
i agree, it all came out in a strange way.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2523 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Not Chara »

no, karnos pointed it out first. sooper didn't even post in the thread until page 43, and i'm not there yet.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Not Chara »

noted, thanks.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2588 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i'm still reading, obviously.
as for the above argument, i don't need a list. if there are claims/crimbs to be found i should see them as i read.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Not Chara »

sorry. i haven't had much free time to tackle this, this weekend. rest assured, things are getting done.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2599 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:05 am

Post by Not Chara »

at around page 50 right now. i'll continue to read, but i'd like to participate in active posting more than anything else. i'm not good at reading players i can't question myself. i feel it'd be more useful to just act direct questions about game events than post a long catchup.
apologies if i end up asking questions that have already been answered. directing me to where they were answered works as an answer.
seems karnos submitted an accusation on my slot. is this being taken into account?
at the moment, i only know the results of the first mission, the one sabotaged by scum that was picked by Jaereed and resulted on a cop on karnos.
i support a D&D lynch. could someone direct me to a recent case post if there is one/other reasoning? i want them lynched for their day 1 play, so i don't feel very updated.
did someone
actually
create a list of crumbs/claims, or was it just offered by scout?
ABR: talk about why klingon is scum? she's a strong townread from what i've read.
Mathblade appears to be one of those players where i find it difficult to understand their thought process. i don't know how to read them.

i take back what i said earlier, by the way. could i please get a list of who explicitly claimed what actions/roles?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2580, SooperDetective wrote:There's not much I can do with "sooper is obvscum." That's not much to interact with.

Obviously Scout's frustrated but I think it's clear that he was thinking about helping Not Chara with its read through. Also, in terms of crumbs in the thread, I think it's way more useful to be open than leave them there for 'smart' players to figure out. Being smart isn't AI.

If Scout is scum and has acknowledged the crumbs, what's the use in collecting them all together? Scum already know them. It's not scummy to highlight the crumbs and discuss them. Especially at this point in the game. There's so much conversation about roles and implications of roles, I think we can be a bit more open.

There's so much going on in this game that it's very difficult to know who knows what. There's different PTs, different combinations of people on missions and different things that were said at different times. This helps in some situations to confuse scum, but to say that town players are automatically better at keeping track of things is rubbish.

I don't have a lot of time to post now but this push is weak and feels like players jumping on something which is nothing. FA, I'm surprised you're involved. Also, obviously the vote on us 'regardless of alignment' is really bad play. It's a weak excuse for a vote.

-Froot
"if scout is scum?" are you not the same slot? it's a weird way to phrase that.
i agree that collecting obvious crumbs isn't scummy. and if everyone's roles are as open as this seems to imply (discussion-wise), i'm not sure if collecting would help scum in any way.
besides, even if you think collecting crumbs is anti-town... it's not scummy. if the person collecting the crumbs is scum, then scum obviously know about the crumbs already. am i missing something there?

that said, i don't really like how Frout has been defending the actions of their hydra partner in this manner. it feels more like a focus on Scout, who is their own slot, instead of on other players/the game. for example, looking for scum making these bad accusations. more of a gut conclusion than a logical one, but there it is.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:34 am

Post by Not Chara »

....yes, that's kind of a mess. but this explanation is really helpful, thank you.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Not Chara »

admitting because of your last post or omitting because not doing so would be anti-town? i asked for explicit claims, there's no need to tell me that you're not going to recount crumbs.

so, your rebuttal about the crumbs is that it's anti-town to reveal them, regardless of alignment. i agree.
but can you really fathom scum having a
plan
to disrupt town that involves outing some crumbs?
soop's suggestion is NIA. that's all it should be viewed as. it's a difference in playstyle and a opinion. you're looking for reasons for it to be scummy instead of the obvious.
unrelated: i appreciate the adherence to my pronouns. one thing, the possessive 'its' doesn't have an apostrophe. 'it's' means 'it is'. c=
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2611 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Not Chara »

sooper: i'm taking that rhetorical question at face value.
the focus on defense would make sense from that point of view.
like i said, it was just a feeling.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2612, SooperDetective wrote:It was not intended to be rude in any way, though.

I've been scumreading your slot for quite a while now - if you look at your antecessor's slot it should be no secret why.
Now you are telling us that we focus too much on our slot while we should be looking for scum wanting to mislynch us.

I made a case on D&D and i really dont have any reason to further milk stuff out.
I believe abr/math/fa are town who are being stupid or are just tired of this game.

Btw, if you read through D2, you know why most of us are so pissed off.

-S
what does the bolded mean? yes, if you're town and townreading a good portion of the players pushing you, then i would focus on those trying to jump on the town-lead mislynch, rather than on the town players pushing you.
agree with the reads on ABR and FA.
Math, i disagree on, but i'll have to check what Jaereed was talking about with Math's frustration being genuine and town rather than scum.

Jaereed: thanks for the info. i imagine scum can only sabotage a mission if they're on it.not sure if this has been confirmed or not, but it makes sense with my read on D&D. also brings the game
Resistance
to mind.
i'd rather lynch D&D today than sooper, if i'm right about the above.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Not Chara »

i'll be honest, the majority of this analysis is impossible for me to follow. i don't have any of this information internalized.
sooper: why have i given you a good impression? please be specific.
as for talking about Scout's play: i guess. i know, logically,
why
you spoke about what you do. it's the way it unfolded and the way it read that made me uncomfortable.

i'd vote D&D, but i want to check the votes first so i know if it's to L-1 or not.
i'm comfortable putting down Math as town here. and again, if someone wants me to answer specific questions: by all means. it helps me sort myself out as well.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2674 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by Not Chara »

VOTE: D&D
i believe that's the third vote. explanations and such can wait until after i've gone to class.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Not Chara »

the explanation is just why i think D&D is scum. combine how i felt with their day 1 play plus the analysis i've seen you all engage in today.
Two-headed mod Mislynch, unfortunately i will be V/LA until Saturday.

i eill try to get on during it but it will be spotty and i probably won't move my vote.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Not Chara »

how i felt with their day 1 play plus the analysis i've seen you all engage in today/

did you read my catchup at all? D&D's day 1 play was even brought up against them recently in a different case post.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2693 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Not Chara »

i imagine it was because something came up and i was busy for a night? you're acting as though i disappeared for several days. plans change, and then you get home at 2am and you're tired.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Not Chara »

because i
planned
to be home and have time and then did not. i went out with friends instead and it ran late.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:05 am

Post by Not Chara »

i thought you would have figured that my being V/LA meant i didn't have time for a proper explanation. i'm currently talking to you in the middle of a lecture on my phone.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Not Chara »

if i get time before the day ends, you can expect that absolutely. it's just unlikely.
i touched on D&D in my catchup but i'm not sure how much there is there that i actually noted down that has real meat to it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Not Chara »

would rather sooper over others.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2785 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Not Chara »

well. damn.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2789 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Not Chara »

fun fact. i nearly gave sooper that extra vote because i misunderstood the mechanics of my role and thought it would bring them one step closer to a lynch. the mod's confirmation stopped that from happening, but i suppose it feels good to be at least a little bit right.
i should have been more present. besides Math, the scum and town were aligned with my reads. my failure to not put more into this game.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2797 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Not Chara »

i'm looking forward to reading all of these private topics. i really didn't know what was going on outside of the main thread.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2807 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Not Chara »

i'd thought the loss here was because of a misreading of both Space Cowboy and Klingon.
i think i was the scum kill for being leftovers.

Schrodinger: interesting mechanics. i might have gotten more engaged if i'd played from the beginning. glad i was at least able to keep the slot from being modkilled.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2824 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Not Chara »

did you really, Nahdia? how did that happen?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2847 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2827, Nahdia wrote:it was like, i knew i was probably gonna ruin the game for myself BUT I HAD TO SEE IF IT WOULD WORK.
i'm crying, that's hilarious.
Cerb's is less so, but still funny.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2850 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Not Chara »

out of curiousity, JaeReed. why did you revive Space Cowboy if Peregrine was really confirmed town?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Not Chara »

yes, i didn't receive any dead messages, to the point i thought it was an activated ability i had to choose and not a passive one.
i spoke to koggz in the hood briefly, but she didn't have anything to say.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2879 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2872, Titus wrote:
In post 2866, Not Chara wrote:yes, i didn't receive any dead messages, to the point i thought it was an activated ability i had to choose and not a passive one.
i spoke to koggz in the hood briefly, but she didn't have anything to say.
It was, just not by you.

Overall, I am frustrated. I thought with all the powers town had that town wouldn't be doing this and getting claims.

The adventure cop didn't use their ability either.
yes, i meant that i had to passively hope to receive messages, not actively request them.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Not Chara »

well, 'I' in this case being Worldz. i only played through a single night.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2896 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2890, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2883, JaeReed wrote:I thought that Cerb might have done the same thing as Nahdia. I worked out pretty early what Nahdia had done as I'd messaged Titus when I realized it might be possible to do exactly what Nahdia did. I believe my wording was something like "I'm not gonna be a douche and actually test it" which is funny when you consider Nahdia did it lol. Titus told me she was aware of the issue and I connected the dots.
your self-control is far superior to mine.
i would have checked and spoiled myself.
immediately.

pedit: i feel bad but, i'm not mad about the outcome of the game. we mislynched a few times, misvigged, and freed scum.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2943 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Not Chara »

i think Jae and FA did a fantastic job of obvtowning.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3023 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 3020, Nahdia wrote:
In post 3015, JaeReed wrote:
In post 3010, MathBlade wrote:I just wanna quit drawing BP proof scum.

That is 3 scum games in a row now with it :/
I wanna quit drawing town.
16 games on here outta 17 I think.
The last one was a troll game by nahdia and beeboy where they made everyone jesters with only 1 town and 1 scum. I don't really count that as not drawing town because everyone was self aligned really.
that was a great game
link? i want to read it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Not Chara »

now i have to read this trash festival. perfect.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3031 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 3030, Nahdia wrote:my favorite role in that game was McMenno picked dwlee and i gave him a post restriction where he had to post a meme for every fifth post. and if anyone ever spoke poorly of his precioius memes then he would reflexively gladiate them. im sad it never got used.
pre-in me for the next game you run.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3085 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 3071, Reasonably Rational wrote: JaeReed, you're one of my new favorites. You and NC are both awesome and reasonable.

That is all.
<3
thank you!
though i didn't do very much this game. i agree with the assessment of JaeReed.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”