grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:46 am

Post by grapes »

In post 114, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 112, grapes wrote:xyzzy is a good vote too.
Why do you say this? I think post 69 was nice.
Vibes.

What's nice about 69?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by grapes »

Probably a dumb question but
@mod; What happens to a players coke who self-hammers?
Also could a situation occur where scum could no longer obtain enough kilos to win and if so, even hypothetically, who wins in that situation?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 147, hitogoroshi wrote:Scum would love to encourage 0kg people to claim today; xyzzy pointing out the reason why they would try to do it and explicitly saying it wasn't worth it today is good.
That's fair; it's just one of those things where one of us is paying attention to what someone is saying while the other is paying attention to how they're saying it.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 106, Firebringer wrote:That's too much analysis this early hito
I'm going to share a bit of the thought process behind my firebringer vote.

But first I'd like to know what about hito's analysis you think is coming too early + how that affected your read and where exactly you made the conclusion that he was town later.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by grapes »

and you know for what's technically a lolwagon a bins vote sounds kinda... boring?

pedit: you know that thing in your skull that allows you to say things and think; there's normally a bit of a step by step process that goes with it
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by grapes »

You don't think that I had a thought process behind my read on you or you don't think I should read you based on what your thought processes are?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 174, FakeGod wrote:A situation where we run out of Cocaine seems impossible/highly unlikely
That's pretty, dare I say, dope.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 182, Andrius wrote:I'm worried about a couple of people flying under the radar but its D1 of D1 so we'll see how this shakes out.
Who?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 am

Post by grapes »

In post 186, Firebringer wrote:
In post 173, grapes wrote:You don't think that I had a thought process behind my read on you or you don't think I should read you based on what your thought processes are?
I don't think you put any thought into read
And when exactly did you come to this conclusion?

I'm not gonna act like this indigence couldn't come from you as town but there's definitely a delay here, which isn't good for someone with an off the cuff playstyle such as yourself.
In post 199, xyzzy wrote:yeah no that's not a slip
I feel like you're having a hard time getting a foothold here whether town or scum so let's try and help that.

How compelling would you say the things wheme's getting pushed for are?
What is your take on bins and bulba's back and forth?
Read on firebringer at present gtyh?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 am

Post by grapes »

In post 218, Spiffeh wrote:Is it bad that I think Reck trying pretty early on is so outside of the norm that I think he could be scum for it?
Regardless of his meta I'm not sure that I'd call those posts trying hard.

I mean they were slightly lenghty posts because they were catchup posts but I mean there also wasn't a whole lot of substance. I did think that they came off slightly town but nothing really conclusive; I think you might just be up in arms about his read on you.

Found desp shadowing you on that a tinge scummy; wanna see him say some more things.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:58 am

Post by grapes »

In post 270, Ellibereth wrote:@reck: ehhhh, not now. I'm pretending not to be rusty. And they might do more or less of stuff so etc.
Now I'm even more interested in the reasoning on both of these.

And isn't this a thing that people normally do for scumreads?Like it just makes more sense to me to keep reasoning on scumreads pocketed because you're trying to get them lynched but also want to signal to other town without letting scum know what patterns you're picking up on.

For townreads I'd just assume keep the reads themselves in your pocket if you're still observing/don't want to give away a tell and/or there's not a lot of dire pressure on them either making it even more unnecessary.

The town motivation for this is pretty fuzzy tl;dr.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 299, Firebringer wrote:
In post 291, grapes wrote:In post 186, Firebringer wrote:
In post 173, grapes wrote:
You don't think that I had a thought process behind my read on you or you don't think I should read you based on what your thought processes are?

I don't think you put any thought into read

And when exactly did you come to this conclusion?

I'm not gonna act like this indigence couldn't come from you as town but there's definitely a delay here, which isn't good for someone with an off the cuff playstyle such as yourself.
Yeah me not posting means I was too scared to respond.

I had to deliberate what my response is.
Like come on man, regardless my alignment I ain't going to delay posting.

As for why, I just think u scum reading a style versus any substance because my substance is pretty lacking.
I think we're kinda talking past each other a bit.

I'm not saying a delay in your posting is suspect; I'm saying a delay in your read on me is making my eyebrows go up. Why did you wait to discredit my read (say I didn't have a thought process behind my vote on you--assuming you're calling me scumthere?) until I made a real effort to engage you?

I can't tell if you're blatantly misrepping me either. How is saying that I understand certain things coming from you are probably just playstyle but explaining that I'm scumreading you for other things me calling you scum for playstyle?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by grapes »

How can you think my read on you is fake but also not scummy?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 313, Firebringer wrote:
In post 311, grapes wrote:How can you think my read on you is fake but also not scummy?
I said it wasn't thought out, not fake
Hmmmmm, can you explain what I did that allowed you to make that distinction?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 314, xyzzy wrote:I read Firebringer's ISO and I decided he's scum because he's not acting the way he has acted in all the games I've played with him where he was town and that's ~*~proof~*~

VOTE: Firebringer
Hmmm.

xy did you miss my ?s last page?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by grapes »

Firebringer wrote:The timing of post with vote.
Up till that point I had zero substance posts.

I think I have a few now but still when I said I was scum I had like none
This doesn't really answer my question.

It's a given that you don't believe you posted anything at that point to get a read on; why did you think it was something from me that wasn't thought out (town) and not me faking a read on you (scum)? I feel like that's giving a naked vote a lot of benefit of the doubt.

I'm also not saying that I think you should have had a read on me right away; I thought that you saying my read on you couldn't have any substance behind it was you calling me scum. Imagine my surprise when that was you calling me town apparently.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:58 am

Post by grapes »

In post 411, Ginngie wrote:I've played with him a few times, I'm waiting for a few triggers but I've been leaning town.
Then how come you're voting him?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by grapes »

I see what ceph's getting at with his fire vote

But I'm just a little bit more worried about how within one page fire goes from not remembering having played with xyzzy (which is weird to start with because didn't he acknowledge xy's vote on him which was based on meta???) to calling xy lying about his meta scummy. Just seems like a deliberate and fake string of posts is the best way to put that into words.

Doesn't make any sense at all to me and makes me wonder what he voted them for in the first place.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 415, Ginngie wrote:Grape, all that question tells me is that you're not fully paying attention
To be completely honest you've been off my radar but I still think that's a fair question because I thought you were proxying your vote to bins but shrug.

I've played with firebringer more than a few times.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 333, ActionDan wrote:Any particular reason you didn't feel like answering me, but instead preferred explaining your vote to the guy you scum read?
What kind of different answers to this question were hoping to get?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 433, ActionDan wrote:I didn't have any specific expectations.
So then why did you ask?
Why is bins being more apt to tango with bulba over you when it comes to similarish topics interesting to start with?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by grapes »

What's inconsistent about it?

Bulba is bins' scumread.

Do you normally see town be more reactionary to accusations from scumreads actively engaging them or people chirping in with quotewalls from the sidelines?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 442, ActionDan wrote:Scum read or not before they got into it me and Bulb asked the same basic question in the same basic way, basically.
The scumread has everything to do with it, it makes more sense from a town mindset to engage a scumread and create noise/discussion there than with someone you don't have a read on when given the option. I'll concede that the "no" was kinda cheeky; but I'm not sure that's scummy or why you think the order of events with that is particularly noteworthy.

Why's firebringer your top town?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by grapes »

Agreed.

Read there's kinda more in limbo than anything at this point.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 464, hitogoroshi wrote:it's for just the one reason, but more than just the vote. I'm fine with him going hard on chesskid from the start, and I'm...well, fine is the wrong word but I don't think a bunch of low-impact wagon drifting is that unusual for town here. I don't like the one first into the other.
Why?
In post 476, Bulbazak wrote:That actually doesn't make sense at all. Yes you want to create discussion with a scum read to allow you to better read the slot, but that also applies to non-scumreads as well. If anything, focusing on just players you scum read to create noise is more likely to come from scum.
I don't think that's what bins was doing, though. She was pushing you, a scumread, whether it's noise or not is irrelevant and probably my fault for wording it that way but you get what I mean.

Think about it this way; how is bins gonna get a better read on actiondan by answering him about why she's scumreading you?
In post 485, Ginngie wrote:VOTE: Ellibirth

Fire, I need granddad's help come join
Do you have any other scumreads?

Where's the confidence here come from?
In post 503, Kagami wrote:I thought was a strange way to approach game-breaking from a town mindset. I would have expected only the first question and without the "dumb question" prefix if there was legitimate interest and excitement in having potentially uncovered a breaking strategy.

I don't really think xyzzy is terribly scummy. strikes me as very strange, but was a sentiment similar to one I had, not realizing that the typical scum-majority win condition was absent (since it's unnecessary), which would be more salient to scum-xyzzy

I'm chalking WhemeStar's action re:FB/bins up to whimsy, but it does make me somewhat less comfy here on bins.
There wasn't all that much excitement to my question; I knew that it was a long-shot in hell we would be able to break this by self-hammering to get coke out-of-play but I didn't see anything regarding self-hammers in the OP so figured to ask.

The rest of this post is actually kinda-town- and I don't particularly mind them reading into how I approached asking the question either, just the line "strange from a town-mindset" sorta rubs me wrong.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 499, ActionDan wrote:I don't think there needs to be "an option". You could answer both. That said I should have phrased the question differently because it didn't accurately reflect what transpired. It's not necessarily scummy as it was weird/off-putting, and again, I thought it deserved a followup.

FB is a top town read for the exact opposite of what Xyzzy said, that is, I think he's behaving differently than when he was scum in the last fakegod game I played with him in. He's a bit more serious here and I've liked his reads so far and his posts are just, better.
Well the only reason I said given the option is because you guys more or less asked the same thing; if you're the rare species of internet dweller that doesn't like listening to themselves talk then it makes sense to me to only answer it once and to prioritize a scumread who you haven't gotten a chance to push all that much yet.

I guess I'm just trying to understand why you think bins is scum; because outside of asking "any particular reason why you decided to answer bulba and not me" which btw isn't a good question at all; especially so when you've admitted already that you didn't ask with any sort of alignment indicative answers in mind + a few shots at a naked vote; which was you looking for reasoning and not really calling her scum anyway.

All I'm seeing is this;
I'd go vote there but I also don't like Bins saying "trust me guys, I'm town, give your coke cokes to me!" instead of prioritizing critically reading the game.
Which is pretty scum now that I'm looking at it.

VOTE: ActionDan
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:28 am

Post by grapes »

I understand that deadline is close; I'm making this game my priority and getting caught up with reading asap
In post 519, Bulbazak wrote:My concern is that you are awfully quick to jump to Bins's defense. Do you have a town read on her?
I feel like you're not trying very hard to understand what I'm saying or else the answer to this would be obvious.

We're talking about a thing that bins did.
I'm saying that it came across as town.
Actiondan is saying that it was 'weird'.
And you're calling it scummy.

I felt like it was town to say 'no' to actiondan because half the time when people go "lol nice naked vote what's your reasons" I feel like being a sarcastic shitter somewhat myself, especially when I'm town and obviously am approaching a push in a not fundamental way, I guess is the best way for me to word this.

There's more than one way to push a thing ya know. Like putting a vote down, letting it fester a bit, get the person you voted jimmies a bit rustled and then have at them when you've got time to make it more of a real time one V.

So yea I found how she went about that a lot more town than if she would have plopped down a wall-case in response to actiondan more or less.

You seem to think that she should've dropped everything she was doing and 'inquired' into actiondan more to get a read on him at that particular time, which yea is something that she could have done but that's not really what we're talking about and is holding someone to a pretty high standard.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 am

Post by grapes »

In post 640, hitogoroshi wrote:Because his first few posts seemed serious but he just threw it away to do this weird dicking around and voting with the person he was just voting for. It's weird when someone's first vote is serious and then they have a bunch of non-serious ones!
Dude's weird, I'll give ya that one.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:39 am

Post by grapes »

Fun read.

chesskid3/WhemeStar
Bins/Kagami/Spiffeh
Bulbazak/hitogoroshi/Cephrir/Firebringer
Desperado/xyzzy/Ellibereth
xRECKONERx/Ginngie
Wickedestjr
ActionDan
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:58 am

Post by grapes »

Bins would you vote dan?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:06 am

Post by grapes »

Elle and xy don't really do anything for me.

I think wicked has an okay shot at flipping scum.

But dan's like a lockread!

kinda wanna see if I can make them cross-vote think that'd be funny and informative maybe.

Only because dan seems to have the support it's just nobody is voting him. Not saying that means anything obviously just saying.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:17 am

Post by grapes »

VOTE: Wicked
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:47 am

Post by grapes »

Bulbazak are you trying to tell me you're a robot?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:49 am

Post by grapes »

In post 976, Cephrir wrote:wicked u might want to consider claiming while there's still time to get vote on someone who is actually scum
Was the readslist really all that town to you?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:00 am

Post by grapes »

I guess I just don't see the case on elli
Cephrir wrote:
In post 985, grapes wrote:
In post 976, Cephrir wrote:wicked u might want to consider claiming while there's still time to get vote on someone who is actually scum
Was the readslist really all that town to you?
no but his other posts are fine and i havent seen any compelling reasons to lynch him so i feel like im gonna see a green flip
Maybe it's just me that thinks scum are more likely to have 8 nullreads and write out a sentence for all of them.
And then give a wallpost of self-meta.

I dunno.

You guys could vote dan?

I need to sleep soon. But if I do the only way I'm getting internet access again in time is if we're waiting until it's like 1 hour from deadline and that's just not a good deal either.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:23 am

Post by grapes »

Hi I'm back.

Not much changed for me reads-wise.

Dan flipping scum wouldn't surprise me at all. And then after that I'm thinking desp, reck or maybe gingie but not gonna lie those aren't very strong at all and partially based on poe.

xyzzy remains a complete enigma minus early gut-scum vibes that I'm still learning when and when not to ignore so bear with me there.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 1704, xyzzy wrote:we're waiting on grapes to claim, right
Why, I'm Lois "Missus" Delaney of course. Elementary school teacher, vt.

xyzzy, go on right ahead and claim child.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”