vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:04 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Can we still lynch vettrock?
That guy was nearly the sole reason I almost ragequit.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4173, Josh_B wrote:PerV: I enjoyed the back and forth that we had. The game seemed a lot easier after that.

Thanks, it helped me get a town read on you, enough to make it through 4 replacments.

But, I was also reading Squirrel and Rufflig as town before their flip, so :(
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 am

Post by ZZZX »

Yea Josh it also helped me understand you alot and that made game enjoyable.

I read 1 of the posts aj did. I refused to ignore a cop guilty when we had the chance and gamewise she was confirmed scum. It was annoying :D

Beast kept scum reading me all game as expected but turned out ok after all

my read on aj half the way thou the game was correct happily!

anyway this game was fun even thou it was frustraiting in the end .

Thank Jason for hosting!
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:15 am

Post by pidgey »

Cant believe this is over

Phone posting but will talk later
-----------------
Sup
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:56 am

Post by mozamis »

EPIC GAME!
Well played town, there were some decent players in this. And AJ obviously played very well near the end. The problem she had - like myself - was that she hadn't tried hard enough earlier on, and thus Bulba hadn't "investigated her". If Bulba had died earlier by investigating "Obv town" AJ, the P.O.E would not have fucked scum over, which it basically did in the end. Shows the importance of not just blending in, but being "really town" if you are scum.
Scum were unlucky as well. Although I didn't care about her alignment - she was a pain in the arse and had to go - I thought Squirrel Girl was almost certainly town. So her getting killed was harsh.
Plus town were lucky with the Ruffling lynch, most people who voted for her didn't really think she was scum, I don't think.
But after that town used the momentum they had built up really well to bury the scum.
And hey, I got 2 reads right. Umbrage and AJ both buddied up to me for no good reason early on, so i was pretty sure they were both scum. Wrong about everyone else I think, including Titus who did a good job coming in to a tough slot.
Good fun game, cheers people :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Thank god.

That took an eternity.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:43 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

My new game will be - You can be Anyone II.... fictional characters will be included in the sequel. If anyone wants a pre-in slot I have 11 available.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6132500
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:46 am

Post by pidgey »

Scum give us qts
-----------------
Sup
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Why the no-kills by Marvel?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Here is the Marvel Quicktopic. You will note the considerable amount of talking that I did in there.

In post 4155, ika wrote:omfg, how did this game get a no-lynch...
all that AJ posting i saw was giant fluff and i payed no mind to it.
watcher was scum by nero trcker flip, it made sense in the ballence format
The game got a no-lynch because I am a badass motherfudger. :cool:

My posting was anything but fluff, and as you will see in the quicktopic, I was legitimately scumhunting right until the point where I realized I had been working under the erroneous assumption that DC's roles were 2-shot. It was only after I realized that they were full that I knew DC had been eliminated. (Thus, before that point, I was legitimately thinking that vezzy was sour. It was only after then that I realized he was sweet.) You are quite correct about the flip making me scum by balance, as one of my last comments in the QT said, but I of course had already put stock in the Godfather argument and knew that my hopes laid in pushing it through.

In post 4162, ika wrote:the fact that displaced got lynched w/o aj ever voting him is amazing to me
This was by my design.

I was repeating the same idea with vetty, if you did not notice: he was for some reason mislynch bait for both beasty and Grinny (I know not why), and to some extent, vezzy. (This is also an answer to Joshy's 4173 as to why I did not push his slot.) The lynch on him could go through without my support. Regrettably, I was able to tell it would not go that way today. Though a D9 lynch on him may have been possible, on D8 I did not see it as being viable. And were I to have pushed that lynch, it would have been my final undoing D9. The main factor I had going for me was that I was playing intelligently, making strong and reasonable points. I was trying to advocate that if players stopped doubting me and listened to me, they would actually lynch scum rather than town. Me pushing through a vetty lynch would have destroyed that more than any other player, given both the weakness of the evidence for his lynch, the strength of the evidence he was town, and my prior stance about him. Thus, it was a calculated risk. One that ultimately did not come to fruition. :(

In post 4166, Malakittens wrote:._.
Ugh my fault. I was against an AJ lynch /:
Do not fault yourself, deary. You had very good reason to have me as a townread. Mainly being that I was legitimately playing as if I was town D2-D5. It was only after mozzy's death that I switched to playing towards a scum agenda. And even then, I was under the impression there existed a DC mafia still alive until near the end of the last day, and thus, was determined to outlive them. I additionally was primarily targeting you for my manipulation, as having confirmed town on my side is of course beneficial.

In post 4184, PeregrineV wrote:Why the no-kills by Marvel?
Because, ironically enough, I was afraid of trackers or a tracker-like power catching me N2. Additionally, because there were two kills N1, nobody would have reason to suspect that the Marvel kill had failed, and thus, nobody would suspect it absent N2. After N2, I simply figured that an additional kill appearing would cause players to reanalyze things, which is something I did not wish for them to be doing. I was rather content with mozzy's kill quite conveniently acting as a substitute for DC, and DC's kill acting as a substitute for my own. The town was assuming one DC kill and one Marvel kill, and basing NKA off of them, without my interference and direction. All NKA at that point would point firmly away from me. In short, it served to protect me.

mozzy's death was rather inconvenient. I knew I needed the serial killer dead, but I was hoping it would be around nine players, not fifteen. It forced me into premature action, and thus, to reveal my hand prematurely. You will note that I did not lie about any of my watcher actions; I was building rather a fair amount of town credit with them. Thus, I was hoping to only reveal my kill when it was absolutely needed in order to win.

Simply put, it was a gamble, to which I did reap some dividends, but ultimately was not as successful as intended thanks to mozzy's demise. (I was hoping mozzy was DC mafia, not the serial killer.)
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:19 am

Post by The Rufflig »

Took you long enough ;)
*applauds Aunt Jemina* Someday I hope to become half as good at playing scum.

I said it in the the Marvel qt and the dead qt, but I'll repeat it here. I was very amused at the attempts to find my scum buddies off my read and interactions. I played most of day 1 knowing that I was scum, but not knowing who my scum buddies were - I hadn't looked. Any interactions leading to one of my scum buddies was pure coincidence.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Cabd »

it was a nice try, mastin.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4186, The Rufflig wrote:I said it in the the Marvel qt and the dead qt, but I'll repeat it here. I was very amused at the attempts to find my scum buddies off my read and interactions. I played most of day 1 knowing that I was scum, but not knowing who my scum buddies were - I hadn't looked. Any interactions leading to one of my scum buddies was pure coincidence.
Ironically enough, I mentioned this exact fact when I was "hunting" for the other Marvel as being a possibility: you ignoring your scumbuddies, and as a result, them being more willing to get rid of you. I did so...without checking our own quicktopic to see your messages on the subject.

Speaking of a dead QT, though, I have not seen it released; may I see it?
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:35 am

Post by beastcharizard »

I should trust my gut more often but people who call me town make me want to keep them alive.

What i did this game:

Hammered the last scum.

The end.

GG everyone.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Given the circumstances, I am likely killing Chandra Nalaar tonight, as they fit my profile for kills rather well.
Given the circumstances, this is my largest regret the entire game. Had Nally died N2, so too would have BulbyFenny. This would have removed the guilty on Tussy, but even without the guilty, she was near-assuredly getting lynched that day regardless. The difference in the game would be that our only confirmed town would be Cabby. No Zexxy or Kitty clears, and Grinny a much weaker clear than he was. It would come at the cost of forcing town players to reanalyze their assumptions and reveal my hand, potentially placing myself in danger. (Additionally, Rach being present in the game as a low-profile investigative.) However, ultimately it would have been more beneficial to me in the long-run.

Sadly, this is one of my shortcomings as a scum player and why I enjoy having scumbuddies there fighting by my side: I may be smart with my play, and had plans for my actions, but I cannot observe every angle, and thus, my long-term plans are ultimately not as successful as they would be with assistance.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4189, beastcharizard wrote:I should trust my gut more often but people who call me town make me want to keep them alive.
This was in fact a large portion of the reason why I kept vetty as such a strong townread: having him as a townread is something that I saw no harm in doing and some benefit in, but the strength of the townread came in part because vetty more than any other player held the chance to hammer, and thus, was the player I needed to most prevent from hammering. Though I did a fair amount of manipulating towards Kitty, vetty was the other player I heavily influenced.

Sadly, I knew by doing so I was placing myself at risk of your hand, since I could not have it both ways; by defending vetty, I was burning the bridge between you and me, not to mention, Grinny. (I knew Grinny was constantly a risk of voting me, but I was hoping that his turn on me would come at a time when I would better be able to push an angle more convenient for my agenda. Alas.)
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4185, Aunt Jemina wrote:Here is the Marvel Quicktopic. You will note the considerable amount of talking that I did in there.

In post 4155, ika wrote:omfg, how did this game get a no-lynch...
all that AJ posting i saw was giant fluff and i payed no mind to it.
watcher was scum by nero trcker flip, it made sense in the ballence format
The game got a no-lynch because I am a badass motherfudger. :cool:

My posting was anything but fluff, and as you will see in the quicktopic, I was legitimately scumhunting right until the point where I realized I had been working under the erroneous assumption that DC's roles were 2-shot. It was only after I realized that they were full that I knew DC had been eliminated. (Thus, before that point, I was legitimately thinking that vezzy was sour. It was only after then that I realized he was sweet.) You are quite correct about the flip making me scum by balance, as one of my last comments in the QT said, but I of course had already put stock in the Godfather argument and knew that my hopes laid in pushing it through.

In post 4162, ika wrote:the fact that displaced got lynched w/o aj ever voting him is amazing to me
This was by my design.

I was repeating the same idea with vetty, if you did not notice: he was for some reason mislynch bait for both beasty and Grinny (I know not why), and to some extent, vezzy. (This is also an answer to Joshy's 4173 as to why I did not push his slot.) The lynch on him could go through without my support. Regrettably, I was able to tell it would not go that way today. Though a D9 lynch on him may have been possible, on D8 I did not see it as being viable. And were I to have pushed that lynch, it would have been my final undoing D9. The main factor I had going for me was that I was playing intelligently, making strong and reasonable points. I was trying to advocate that if players stopped doubting me and listened to me, they would actually lynch scum rather than town. Me pushing through a vetty lynch would have destroyed that more than any other player, given both the weakness of the evidence for his lynch, the strength of the evidence he was town, and my prior stance about him. Thus, it was a calculated risk. One that ultimately did not come to fruition. :(

In post 4166, Malakittens wrote:._.
Ugh my fault. I was against an AJ lynch /:
Do not fault yourself, deary. You had very good reason to have me as a townread. Mainly being that I was legitimately playing as if I was town D2-D5. It was only after mozzy's death that I switched to playing towards a scum agenda. And even then, I was under the impression there existed a DC mafia still alive until near the end of the last day, and thus, was determined to outlive them. I additionally was primarily targeting you for my manipulation, as having confirmed town on my side is of course beneficial.

In post 4184, PeregrineV wrote:Why the no-kills by Marvel?
Because, ironically enough, I was afraid of trackers or a tracker-like power catching me N2. Additionally, because there were two kills N1, nobody would have reason to suspect that the Marvel kill had failed, and thus, nobody would suspect it absent N2. After N2, I simply figured that an additional kill appearing would cause players to reanalyze things, which is something I did not wish for them to be doing. I was rather content with mozzy's kill quite conveniently acting as a substitute for DC, and DC's kill acting as a substitute for my own. The town was assuming one DC kill and one Marvel kill, and basing NKA off of them, without my interference and direction. All NKA at that point would point firmly away from me. In short, it served to protect me.

mozzy's death was rather inconvenient. I knew I needed the serial killer dead, but I was hoping it would be around nine players, not fifteen. It forced me into premature action, and thus, to reveal my hand prematurely. You will note that I did not lie about any of my watcher actions; I was building rather a fair amount of town credit with them. Thus, I was hoping to only reveal my kill when it was absolutely needed in order to win.

Simply put, it was a gamble, to which I did reap some dividends, but ultimately was not as successful as intended thanks to mozzy's demise. (I was hoping mozzy was DC mafia, not the serial killer.)

I actually enjoyed reading that QT. Pretty rare nowadays.

Vettrock reading Rach's cop-clear of me seemed way off-kilter for the last scum to do. Weakened my scumread I got from the SG-Rufflig iso.

Also, your godfather speculation seeemd to have left out all of the other "cleared" players, like Mala and ZZZX, while seeming to focus on me. That was something else that made it harder to swallow than I might have.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry all I should have investigated AJ instead of Pere, just say that he was scum in another game (that is over of course and that was muddying my reading of him in this game). Pere you are in too many of my games :P HUGS still ♥ you dude.

Part of my issue was the RL stuffs going on I ended up dropping out of all newbie games because of it. I did not expect getting rid of almost all grains and potatoes would cause such a mental and physical drain on me for so long. However it is worth it because now I am getting a handle on the diabetes.

Finally got my inheritance and the banking stuff all sorted though eek dental work costs a FORTUNE.

I was investigating AJ the night I got killed though. I am REALLY surprised I ended up dead considering how inactive I was and the fact I was not pushing super hard on her.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4194, RachMarie wrote:I was investigating AJ the night I got killed though. I am REALLY surprised I ended up dead considering how inactive I was and the fact I was not pushing super hard on her.
Well, deary, Kitty was defending me a little bit more than you, I was watching her and did not wish to watch and kill the same player for a third time in a row, and you left what I thought was an erroneous breadcrumb in that I was under the impression you were a VT that accidentally made it. All of these factors contributed to the kill on you; I was unaware that the "erroneous" breadcrumb was in fact an
actual
hint at your role.

Thus, you were always slated to die, but you were killed more for an accident than by intent. (I am not the greatest at power role hunting.)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So, I was a lil' ticked at the modkill but it saved me the embarrassment of getting ran up. I do think Jason made the right call in stopping the game but it was still handled pretty badly. The modkill worked out though since I would have been lynched anyways and if they had waited on me I would have stalled the game.

but I'm never listening to my scum buddies again. Every game that I do something bad happens. I also wish I had been reminded of were the flavor game from.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4193, PeregrineV wrote:I actually enjoyed reading that QT. Pretty rare nowadays.
Also, your godfather speculation seeemd to have left out all of the other "cleared" players, like Mala and ZZZX, while seeming to focus on me. That was something else that made it harder to swallow than I might have.
I am rather a classical player and miss the commonality of properly-utilized quicktopics myself.

As for Godfathers, Kitty wasn't cop-cleared; she was
hider
-cleared, thus, was 100% confirmed town. Zexxy was my secondary mislynch, so I do not know what you perceived that made you think I was not focusing on you. At the very end of the day, I was in fact aiming to lynch you, thus, did in fact focus on you, but prior to that, you had no more nor no less focus than any other player. :?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Sigh I knew it was a risk but I did not want them voting Pere

I was hoping to obfuscate a bit as well and make it seem more like I just reread his ISO and that was why.

I was trying to not seem TOO gung ho on you Auntie because I was becoming more sure you were scum and I needed to investigate you, however the whole super duper all in one ninja GF was not ringing true for me cause I knew we had a LOT of cop power.

We won in the end though. Even if I did make mistakes.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Josh_B »

AJ- You had to know that the continuously pushing an SK was ludicrous, but the Godfather/ninja was outrageous.

I would like to hear some other people's thoughts on that as well. especially the people that didn't lynch AJ.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”