Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I guess most of my thoughts are covered in the DeadQT. I was sort of troll pulling for Saki to win it, myself ;)
I'm surprised Jordan pulled it off, I thought for sure you were looking obvious but you obviously read your audience well.

I agree about SKOT being MVP for town...not that it went that well for us regardless :lol: I seem to recall Pere doing some good work also.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

BTW, Kai was conf town to us the first MYLO, and we would have tried to tie with Saki if Bulb woulda let us. Unfortunately, he said Saki would've won a 1v1 alone. :(

PEDIT: We were very surprised too Thor.
This is a Parachute.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Honestly quite a few things surprised me this game - such is mafia ;)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4052, Thor665 wrote:Honestly quite a few things surprised me this game - such is mafia ;)

Someday we're gonna play in a game where I'm not scum. :cool:
This is a Parachute.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Poor kaiveran :( she was so earnest

U SUX, DGB
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

That's an inside joke

I still love you DGB
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by aphix »

Welp, I'm really glad for this to be over. Larges are exhausting. Jingle had to finish out the game. Benefit of the hydra.

Thor, there was some time there I was actively posting scummy and Jingle really didn't like it at all. It was quite fun and seemed to turn the reads off of us. Obviously something else perhaps.

Kai, good push there at the end. With the replace in and a fresh viewpoint we figured you'd have a solid case against us. I guess the 160 pages even if read was a little too much without playing in it perhaps?
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

In post 4056, aphix wrote:Welp, I'm really glad for this to be over. Larges are exhausting. Jingle had to finish out the game. Benefit of the hydra.

Thor, there was some time there I was actively posting scummy and Jingle really didn't like it at all. It was quite fun and seemed to turn the reads off of us. Obviously something else perhaps.

Kai, good push there at the end. With the replace in and a fresh viewpoint we figured you'd have a solid case against us. I guess the 160 pages even if read was a little too much without playing in it perhaps?

I actually wrote some stuff down this morning and was fully prepared to rip you a new one, only to find out that I had already been trollhammered. Maybe I overreacted to DGB a little bit, but man, I was
really
pissed off. :( :(

But yeah, I think having it earlier would have done wonders. Unfortunately like I said I failed to fully appreciate the difference between a spectator's perspective and a player's perspective, and then I got swamped with a shit-ton of work.

Anyway, I've been up too late already, and I've probably said some things I'm going to regret so I welcome more discussion with me tomorrow when the chill-pill has taken full effect.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I was so convinced we were fucked when I got shot, very nice carry by Jordan, Well done bro.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by T S O »

wp y'all
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Spoiler: Polarity Changes
Player
Night 0
Night 1
Night 2
Night 3
Night 4
Night 5
Night 6
Night 7
Night 8
Night 9
ShinyHydreigon
Dark
Light
Light
Doublade
Light
Light
Light
Dark
Saki
Dark
Dark
Light
Light
Light
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
ZZZX
Light
Light
Light
PeregrineV
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Spring Starflower
Light
Light
Ki-Gi
Light
Light
Dark
Dark
Dark
TiphaineDeath
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Light
Light
Dark
Light
Light
Light
Dark
Light
Dry-fit
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Malakittens
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Perpetual Nonsense
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
TSO
Light
Light
Nero Cain
Light
Light
Dark
Thor665
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Ika
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Light
Kaiveran
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
DrippingGoofball
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Light
Light
Dark
Dark
Titus
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Jordan_Downey
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Dark
Light
Light
Light
Dark
Light
Aegor
Light
RachMarie
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Field Polarity
Neutral
Light
Dark
Dark
Dark
Light
Light
Light
Dark
Neutral

Night 0: Saki is given a choice between Polar Majority and Polar Minority. He chooses Polar Minority.
Everyone else gets their role PMs.
Saki and Zdenek pick Dark and Light polarities respectively in case of a tie, which does happen.

Day 1: Thor665 replaces Natirasha.
Talah requests replacement.
Jon_h61 replaces Talah.
Jordan_Downey escapes the noose by claiming his actual role, minus the alignment. No one from Shadows and Light remembers that being the only role mentioned when Voided and I first were spitballing ideas in the post-game (Seriously, Peregrine, you should have been all over that.).
Malakittens replaces The Most Curious Thing.
Titus replaces Fear.
Aegor is lynched.

Night 1: Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs ZZZX. His shot is absorbed.
Saki NKs TSO.
Jordan_Downey locks The Necromancers.
Doublade NKs Shiny Hydreigon. Their shot is absorbed.
Thor665 tracks Xayzeck. Result: He went nowhere.
John_h61 links to The Necromancers. Poor, poor John.
PeregrineV investigates Shiny Hydreigon. Result: Town.

Day 2: Zdenek requests replacement.
Eddie Fenix replaces Zdenek.
After much discussion, Nachomamma8 requests replacement due to RL issues. He gets a free pre-in for his troubles, as does his hydra, 50 Shades of Grey. Pirate Mollie politely refuses to replace into his slot without him. I should probably give her one too (I swear I'm giving these things out like candy.).
Nero Cain replaces MafiaSSK.
Perpetual Nonsense replaces Nachomamma8.
Spring Starflower is lynched.

Night 2: Thor665 tracks Titus. His action is absorbed.
John_h61 discovers that he will be unable to link to someone else like he thought until the current neighbor is dead. He's stuck in a neighborhood with the hydra that wants to lynch him. Poor, poor, poor John.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs Titus. His shot is absorbed.
Saki NKs Nero Cain.
PeregrineV investigates Nero Cain. His action is absorbed and reflected back at him as the opposite polarity. PeregrineV gets a result on himself. He's town.
Jordan_Downey locks and kills Shiny Hydreigon.

Day 3: ZZZX is lynched.

Night 3: Saki NKs Doublade.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs Titus.
PeregrineV investigates The Necromancers. His action is absorbed.
Thor665 tracks Dry-fit. His action is absorbed.
TiphaineDeath NKs Malakittens.
Jordan_Downey locks Malakittens.
Mod cries, as he never gets to see Mala's cool role in action.

Day 4: Reminder to self: Never ask Eddie to replace in again.
Mod allows Ki-Gi to replace Eddie Fenix against his better judgement. Desperate mod is desperate. Regrets decision soon after.
Mod makes change to replacement protocol.
Thor665 is lynched.

Night 4: DrippingGoofball replaces The Necromancers.
Saki NKs Dry-fit.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs Ki-Gi.
Jordan_Downey locks PeregrineV.
PeregrineV investigates DrippingGoofball. His action is absorbed.
Mafia rightly figure out PeregrineV's polarity. They then send the person whose polarity is undecided until dawn to perform the kill. Ki-Gi's shot is absorbed. Who could have seen that one coming?

Day 5: Jordan miraculously escapes being lynched again, even after being caught locking the cop. No one is lynched. In hindsight, town really should have seen this coming.

Night 5: Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs TiphaineDeath. His shot is absorbed.
Saki NKs PeregrineV. His shot is absorbed.
PeregrineV investigates Saki. His action is absorbed.
Jordan_Downey locks and shoots PeregrineV.

Day 6: Ika replaces John_h61.
Perpetual Nonsense is lynched.

Night 6: Most exciting night of the game! Lots of last minute changes and decisions.
Jordan_Downey locks Saki and NKs DrippingGoofball. Their kill is absorbed.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs TiphaineDeath.
Saki NKs Ika after deciding DrippingGoofball isn't worth it.
DrippingGoofball changes her polarity at the last minute, saving her life and dooming Ika.

Day 7: Kaiveran replaces Xayzeck, informing me that he's been watching this game for awhile. He also states he doesn't need as much time to catch up, as he does not plan on reading every single page. The deadline extension reflects this.
RachMarie is lynched.

Night 7: Mod holds a contest to see who can guess the results correctly. Prize is a free pre-in to game of the winner's choice.
Saki NKs Sharpest-knife-on-tree.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree vigs DrippingGoofball. His shot is absorbed.
Jordan_Downey locks and shoots Kaiveran. Their kill is absorbed.

Day 8: Saki fake claims a role that was actually in the game. Burn the witch!
No one is lynched.

Night 8: Bored mod is bored. More contest. TSO makes out like a bandit.
Saki NKs DrippingGoofball. His shot is absorbed.
Jordan_Downey locks and kills Saki. Their kill is absorbed.

Day 9: No one is lynched.

Night 9: This is getting ridiculous. No more pre-in granting contests! Are you happy now?
Jordan_Downey locks and kills Saki.
Saki NKs DrippingGoofball. His shot is absorbed.

Day 10: Kaiveran is lynched.

Part 2 of the post-game info will be posted sometime tomorrow. It will contain the role PMs and various PTs, as well as my personal thoughts on the game.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Kaiv you do not know me very well but just FYI, I really was having major issues and even with V/LA in my games, I have cut way back to one new game only because of us moving and dental and taking road trips to varying places in CA before we leave the state to move to TN later this month.

I am getting the last of my teeth pulled on tues and an upper denture and lower partial put in. My fiance, NS (Nobody Special) has already had his teeth removed and full dentures put in. It has been total chaos. I totally had planned on taking some serious time when you helped get me lynched.

BTW I was wrong I was sure it was DGB since she knew what was up and was pushing so hard on me as scum. I should have stuck to my guns on Saki as well I was confused but realize I was still partly right he was SK not Mafia.

Had I been not lynched I might have come around to JD though. I usually do best later in the game than at the beginning.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 4055, Metal Sonic wrote:That's an inside joke

I still love you DGB

NO SUX 4 U!!!!!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:25 am

In post 4057, Kaiveran wrote:Maybe I overreacted to DGB a little bit, but man, I was really pissed off.

Your posts were unpleasantly aggressive and long-ish. Reading them kinda put me in a little bit of a bad mood, you know? You might want to test a more friendly style that would be more persuasive.

Congrats to Jordan, you fooled me!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

My favorite quote from the scum QT.

Jordan_Downey wrote:I'm so glad no one is reading the thread.

2nd fav
Jordan_Downey wrote: because I don't think we can win a 3 person LYLO with me.

The problem here is that TD may end up being all alone at the endgame, but I don't think we're going to make it to endgame. I think we keep Jon around as someone convinced TD is town and try to set up a LYLO there.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:49 am

I'm so sorry I let the town down. I thought I had the right guy.

Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Kaiveran »

In post 4061, RachMarie wrote:Kaiv you do not know me very well but just FYI, I really was having major issues and even with V/LA in my games, I have cut way back to one new game only because of us moving and dental and taking road trips to varying places in CA before we leave the state to move to TN later this month.

I am getting the last of my teeth pulled on tues and an upper denture and lower partial put in. My fiance, NS (Nobody Special) has already had his teeth removed and full dentures put in. It has been total chaos. I totally had planned on taking some serious time when you helped get me lynched.

BTW I was wrong I was sure it was DGB since she knew what was up and was pushing so hard on me as scum. I should have stuck to my guns on Saki as well I was confused but realize I was still partly right he was SK not Mafia.

Had I been not lynched I might have come around to JD though. I usually do best later in the game than at the beginning.

Yikes. Yeah, I'm really sorry about that, Rach. I was frustrated and worked myself up into a frenzy over...not that much, really. Hammering you off before you had a chance to defend yourself and other players weighed in was definitely the low point of my play this game.

In post 4063, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 4057, Kaiveran wrote:Maybe I overreacted to DGB a little bit, but man, I was really pissed off.

Your posts were unpleasantly aggressive and long-ish. Reading them kinda put me in a little bit of a bad mood, you know? You might want to test a more friendly style that would be more persuasive.

Congrats to Jordan, you fooled me!

Aggression is not alignment indicative in the slightest, especially in Lylo, and you shouldn't read it as such. I am normally pretty laid back when playing but in desperate situations like I was in my aggression tends to spike and I try my best to get as much information and arguments out there as I can, because I feel that being seen as weak, timid, or unthorough can and will be a death sentence. That is my style, and I know you hadn't played with me before, but you need to be able to adapt and seriously dive into people's POV, rather than get stuck in the mindset of "X did Y and is therefore 100% scum and I have no need to analyze further". All these "tells" smells like hells :wink:

Another tip: if you put up a brick wall to someone and outright claim not to be listening to them, that person is
less
likely to engage with you in a satisfactory manner, not more.

And I do apologize if you feel offended by my remarks, but I felt really insulted and disrespected personally by the way
you
acted, DGB. I hate it when people don't even give me a chance even when I politely request it, and seeing people call my genuine emotional reactions fake REALLY makes me fucking lose it. So I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

In post 4054, Metal Sonic wrote:Poor kaiveran :( she was so earnest

U SUX, DGB

QUIT STALKING ME D:

j/k I don't mind being stalked by you

'cause you are Beautiful

no matter what they say~♪

ALSO, THE DEAD THREAD IS FULL OF VALUABLE LIFE LESSONS AND EVERYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT NEEDS TO GIVE IT A THOROUGH READ PLZKTHX. <3

-----------------------------------

So, random question time for Bulbazak:

What exactly did all the odd PR's do? (Like Deflector, Polar Shifter, etc.)

Did the SK have any extra powers?

Did the Polar Majority/Minority roles just coinflip if the Field Polarity came up neutral?
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Also I'm pretty sure it's illegal to kick as much ass as SKOT did in 22 states and the District of Columbia. I guess he really is the sharpest knife on the tree, dohoho.

Sorry for severely underestimating you along with 90% of this game. You're not bad, you just need to work on your people skills.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:06 am

In post 4066, Kaiveran wrote:And I do apologize if you feel offended by my remarks, but I felt really insulted and disrespected personally by the way you acted, DGB. I hate it when people don't even give me a chance even when I politely request it, and seeing people call my genuine emotional reactions fake REALLY makes me fucking lose it. So I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

You kinda put the onus on me to find you town. I took that to mean that you are scum. :eek:

aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:32 am

Post by aphix »

In post 4024, Kaiveran wrote:I am just an odd person, and feel that I often have difficulty communicating effectively or articulating my arguments, especially in a high tension situation.

This line was were I was pretty sure we were going to be fine. I got this weird backtrack vibe from it and felt for sure Kai was going to get himself lynched.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Spoiler: Role PMs
You are a Vanilla Townie.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. Your only tools are your voice and your vote. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

Polarity Shift
: Once per night you may shift your polarity from Dark to Light or Light to Dark. This will be resolved before all other night actions.

Best of luck.

You are a
Light Locked
Vanilla Townie.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. Your only tools are your voice and your vote. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

You are locked in the
Light
Polarity and cannot shift.

Best of luck.

You are a
Dark Locked
Vanilla Townie.

You are locked in the
Dark

Best of luck.

You are the Town Cop.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

Polarity Shift
: Once per night you may shift your polarity from Dark to Light or Light to Dark. This will be resolved before all other night actions.

Investigate
: Once per night you may send me a PM with a single name. At the end of the night you will receive a verdict in the form of “You investigated X. They are Town/Not Town.” or “You investigated X. You received no result.”

Best of luck.

You are the Town Tracker.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

Polarity Shift

Track
: Once per night you may send me a PM with a single name. At the end of the night you will receive a message in the form of “You tracked X.” followed by the result or “No result.”.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Vigilante.

Polarity Shift

Kill
: Once per night you may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if your shot has not been absorbed, they will die.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Polar Linker.

Polarity Link
: During the night you may send me the name of one person who you would like to link to. At the end of the night you will be given a neighborhood with that person. Your polarity will match theirs for as long as you’re linked. You have no other way of changing polarities. You can only link to one person at a time. Should you at any time link to another player, they will join the old neighborhood. This action is polar neutral and is guaranteed to always go through.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Deflector.

Polarity Shift

Deflect
: If you are targeted by an action of the same polarity, not only will you absorb the action, but you will deflect the action back at its sender as a shot of the opposite polarity. An action of the opposite polarity will go through as normal.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Polar Shifter.

Polarity Shift

Reflex Shift
: Every time you are targeted by a night action, you will shift polarities. All shifts will be resolved before all other night actions, and the results will be dependent on your final shift.

Best of luck.

You are a Polar Minority Serial Killer.

Your goal is to be the last one standing. You win when you are one of the last two players in the game.

Polar Minority
: You will always be the polarity that has been the least chosen. Should there be a tie, you will not change polarity. Your polarity is not included when making this decision.

Kill
: Once per night you may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if your shot has not been absorbed, they will die.

Best of luck.

You are a Mafia Goon. Your partners are Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked
Mafia Goon), Titus (
Dark Locked
Mafia Goon), and Jordan_Downey (Mafia Polar Locker).

Your goal is to take over the town. During the night and pregame, you may talk to your partners here. You win when you make up a majority of the town.

Polarity Shift

Factional Kill
: Once per night a member of your team may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if the shot has not been absorbed, they will die. The person making the kill must submit the action.

Best of luck.

You are a
Light Locked
Mafia Goon. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), Titus (
Dark Locked

Your goal is to take over the town. During the night and pregame, you may talk to your partners here. You win when you make up a majority of the town.

Factional Kill: Once per night a member of your team may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if the shot has not been absorbed, they will die. The person making the kill must submit the action.

You are locked in the
Light

Best of luck.

You are a
Dark Locked
Mafia Goon. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked

Factional Kill
: Once per night a member of your team may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if the shot has not been absorbed, they will die. The person making the kill must submit the action.

You are locked in the
Dark

Best of luck.

You are the Mafia Polar Majority. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked
Mafia Goon), Titus (
Dark Locked

Polar Majority
: You will always be the polarity that has been the most chosen. Should there be a tie, you will not change polarity. Your polarity is not included when making this decision.

Factional Kill

Best of luck.

You are the Mafia Polar Locker. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked
Mafia Goon), and Titus (
Dark Locked
Mafia Goon).

Polarity Shift

Polarity Lock
: Once per night you may send me the name of a person you’d like to lock. That person’s polarity cannot change during the night phase. This ability is resolved before all others. This shot is polar neutral and is guaranteed to go through.

Factional Kill

Best of luck.

PTs:
Scum PT
Dead PT
Linked Neighborhood PT

And that's Ikaruga Mafia. This game was frustrating as a mod simply due to how little anyone seemed to care for this game. It took forever to go through the review process, because the reviewers (6 people at one point or another) seemed to not care whether to give feedback or not. Add on top of it that I had to pull teeth to get people to sign up for the game or replace in. And then, everyone with the exception of scum, PRs, and late replacements refused to play with the mechanic I gave them. This was a game I was very excited about, and it was disheartening to see everyone else give so very few craps about it that the game spiraled into oblivion from day 1. I gave everyone a huge sandbox to play in, and most players just stared at it and went "meh". Maybe everyone sees it differently, but that's just my impressions from running the game from start to finish. I am interested to hear from everyone else, including how to avoid such pitfalls in the future and make a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:38 am

Post by ika »

tbh i would love to do this setup again with the polarity mechanic. i replaced in and didnt see much of the roles powers and stuff that was already flipped.

i would like to see the powers be more resolved around the polar maannic itself rather then it being basic roles of cop/track/vig/ect and they have to try to "guess the polarity" game

if you do this setup thing again count me in to reveiw it
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I have some new ideas for a future game with the mechanic, but given what I've seen in this game, I feel as if my efforts would be wasted at this time. Also, would you want to review the game or play in it?

aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:54 am

Post by aphix »

The set up was interesting. The polarity mechanic was at the forefront of lots of discussion with me and jingle. It let us figure out some of the late game. I'm not sure if it's the number of players that killed it for me, or the activity level. But I feel if there was real activity I coulnd't have kept up with the game at all.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:57 am

Post by ika »

In post 4072, Bulbazak wrote:
I have some new ideas for a future game with the mechanic, but given what I've seen in this game, I feel as if my efforts would be wasted at this time. Also, would you want to review the game or play in it?

i rather review it tbh. if i play it i would most likely be trying to abuse the mecanics to my advantage and try to break the game. so i much rather review a game thats somewhat based on mechanics then play it. thats where my specialty lies

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”