PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4070, Bulbazak wrote:
Spoiler: Role PMs
You are a Vanilla Townie.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. Your only tools are your voice and your vote. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

Polarity Shift
: Once per night you may shift your polarity from Dark to Light or Light to Dark. This will be resolved before all other night actions.

Best of luck.

You are a
Light Locked
Vanilla Townie.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. Your only tools are your voice and your vote. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

You are locked in the
Light
Polarity and cannot shift.

Best of luck.

You are a
Dark Locked
Vanilla Townie.

You are locked in the
Dark

Best of luck.

You are the Town Cop.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

Polarity Shift
: Once per night you may shift your polarity from Dark to Light or Light to Dark. This will be resolved before all other night actions.

Investigate
: Once per night you may send me a PM with a single name. At the end of the night you will receive a verdict in the form of “You investigated X. They are Town/Not Town.” or “You investigated X. You received no result.”

Best of luck.

You are the Town Tracker.

Your goal is to rid your town of the mafia. You win when you have gotten rid of all anti-town factions.

Polarity Shift

Track
: Once per night you may send me a PM with a single name. At the end of the night you will receive a message in the form of “You tracked X.” followed by the result or “No result.”.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Vigilante.

Polarity Shift

Kill
: Once per night you may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if your shot has not been absorbed, they will die.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Polar Linker.

Polarity Link
: During the night you may send me the name of one person who you would like to link to. At the end of the night you will be given a neighborhood with that person. Your polarity will match theirs for as long as you’re linked. You have no other way of changing polarities. You can only link to one person at a time. Should you at any time link to another player, they will join the old neighborhood. This action is polar neutral and is guaranteed to always go through.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Deflector.

Polarity Shift

Deflect
: If you are targeted by an action of the same polarity, not only will you absorb the action, but you will deflect the action back at its sender as a shot of the opposite polarity. An action of the opposite polarity will go through as normal.

Best of luck.

You are the Town Polar Shifter.

Polarity Shift

Reflex Shift
: Every time you are targeted by a night action, you will shift polarities. All shifts will be resolved before all other night actions, and the results will be dependent on your final shift.

Best of luck.

You are a Polar Minority Serial Killer.

Your goal is to be the last one standing. You win when you are one of the last two players in the game.

Polar Minority
: You will always be the polarity that has been the least chosen. Should there be a tie, you will not change polarity. Your polarity is not included when making this decision.

Kill
: Once per night you may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if your shot has not been absorbed, they will die.

Best of luck.

You are a Mafia Goon. Your partners are Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked
Mafia Goon), Titus (
Dark Locked
Mafia Goon), and Jordan_Downey (Mafia Polar Locker).

Your goal is to take over the town. During the night and pregame, you may talk to your partners here. You win when you make up a majority of the town.

Polarity Shift

Factional Kill
: Once per night a member of your team may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if the shot has not been absorbed, they will die. The person making the kill must submit the action.

Best of luck.

You are a
Light Locked
Mafia Goon. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), Titus (
Dark Locked

Your goal is to take over the town. During the night and pregame, you may talk to your partners here. You win when you make up a majority of the town.

Factional Kill: Once per night a member of your team may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if the shot has not been absorbed, they will die. The person making the kill must submit the action.

You are locked in the
Light

Best of luck.

You are a
Dark Locked
Mafia Goon. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked

Factional Kill
: Once per night a member of your team may send me the name of a person you’d like to kill. At the end of the night, if the shot has not been absorbed, they will die. The person making the kill must submit the action.

You are locked in the
Dark

Best of luck.

You are the Mafia Polar Majority. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked
Mafia Goon), Titus (
Dark Locked

Polar Majority
: You will always be the polarity that has been the most chosen. Should there be a tie, you will not change polarity. Your polarity is not included when making this decision.

Factional Kill

Best of luck.

You are the Mafia Polar Locker. Your partners are Doublade (Mafia Goon), Ki-Gi (Mafia Polar Majority), TiphaineDeath (
Light Locked
Mafia Goon), and Titus (
Dark Locked
Mafia Goon).

Polarity Shift

Polarity Lock
: Once per night you may send me the name of a person you’d like to lock. That person’s polarity cannot change during the night phase. This ability is resolved before all others. This shot is polar neutral and is guaranteed to go through.

Factional Kill

Best of luck.

PTs:
Scum PT
Dead PT
Linked Neighborhood PT

And that's Ikaruga Mafia. This game was frustrating as a mod simply due to how little anyone seemed to care for this game. It took forever to go through the review process, because the reviewers (6 people at one point or another) seemed to not care whether to give feedback or not. Add on top of it that I had to pull teeth to get people to sign up for the game or replace in. And then, everyone with the exception of scum, PRs, and late replacements refused to play with the mechanic I gave them. This was a game I was very excited about, and it was disheartening to see everyone else give so very few craps about it that the game spiraled into oblivion from day 1. I gave everyone a huge sandbox to play in, and most players just stared at it and went "meh". Maybe everyone sees it differently, but that's just my impressions from running the game from start to finish. I am interested to hear from everyone else, including how to avoid such pitfalls in the future and make a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

I thought it was fine. Possibly include some strongman shots for the PRs (maybe just one) that let them not try to outguess polarity but get/achieve results.

As for the rest, that sounds like normal game issues (replacements, player apathy, etc.) so it was nothing you did. Sticking to the prods/VCs/replacement rules is for the best, and you did that.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Jingle »

If you want more eyes, I kinda feel the same as ika and would be happy to be a reviewer.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4075, PeregrineV wrote:I thought it was fine. Possibly include some strongman shots for the PRs (maybe just one) that let them not try to outguess polarity but get/achieve results.

Or possibly PR's with a visible effect if they succeed?
This is a Parachute.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 4066, Kaiveran wrote:What exactly did all the odd PR's do? (Like Deflector, Polar Shifter, etc.)

Did the SK have any extra powers?

Did the Polar Majority/Minority roles just coinflip if the Field Polarity came up neutral?

PR spoiler post should answer the first two, I think.

As for the third, Field Polarity included the Polar Majority/minority players. So if the Field Polarity was neutral, then that means that the majority and minority roles were spread as evenly as possible, pretty much.

Eh...like, if there were 6 players and one each of majority and minority, and the other four players evenly picked dark and light, then the majority would be one polarity and minority would be the other and thus make it neutral.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 am

Post by T S O »

It was a cool set-up - I'd like to think I promoted activity d1.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4079, T S O wrote:It was a cool set-up - I'd like to think I promoted activity d1.

I'm so sorry that the RNG prevented you from having fun with the mechanic. I know you were looking forward to it.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 am

Post by T S O »

:(
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I actually was looking forward to playing this game normally, unfortunately real life issues got in the way in a way that was unexpected and my hydra partner didn't help me catch up and then I had to stop playing for about a month or so. Apologies to everyone for that :(
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 am

Post by T S O »

In fairness to Sonic, he kept telling us he was conftown. And maybe he was, somehow somewhere.
-Marquis
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4083, T S O wrote:In fairness to Sonic, he kept telling us he was conftown. And maybe he was, somehow somewhere.

I didn't even know he was saying something like that.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:38 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2520, Spring Starflower wrote:
Spring Starflower is mod-confirmed as
Village Light Innocent Child!
[/u][/size]

In post 2529, Spring Starflower wrote:no wait im sorry that was messed up

let me try again

Metal Sonic is Masons with Sakura Hana!

masons are conftown remember

(we lynched him that day)
-Marquis
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

wow srsly wtf.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4082, Sakura Hana wrote:I actually was looking forward to playing this game

Same here. But then I went on a break just before this game started.

Sorry for leaving you alone, Mara.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:56 am

Post by talah »

Very sorry for replacing out sir.

Agree somewhat with comments about polarity being a more prominent or perhaps featured mechanic for future games of the like. Kept waiting for the polarity changes to become a big calculation/trip-ups mechanic, were folks to backtrack... which they didn't. Great playerlist in the end in the face of attrition.

Gratz Jordan :) bad luck DGB :) thanks for the game Bulba <3
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:21 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 4085, T S O wrote:
In post 2520, Spring Starflower wrote:
Spring Starflower is mod-confirmed as
Village Light Innocent Child!
[/u][/size]

In post 2529, Spring Starflower wrote:no wait im sorry that was messed up

let me try again

Metal Sonic is Masons with Sakura Hana!

masons are conftown remember

(we lynched him that day)

lmfao I didn't actually care too much about the game really

Titus was obv scum that was a good catch by me ya

That Jordan dude too, don't know why they stopped the wagon d1
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

I still think that's hilarious
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I would like to formally apologize to everyone for inflicting DGB on them.

...In her defense, I'd have done no better or even worse than she did during the early/midgame, but at the end, I knew Rach was town and KNEW that the Jordan hydra was rather blatantly obvscum and Kaiveran was towntelling all over the place, so I wouldn't have made THAT mistake, but given that I flaked, I have no right to brag and instead can only profusely apologize and lament my lack of presence. :(

By now, everyone in the game is more or less familiar with the background behind that; I was going through a VERY tough time and flaked from every hydra I was in. I MIGHT have been able to return to the game had Anti been able to carry the slot long enough for me to get out of the rut (which I did, about a week after we were being replaced), but since he was going through his own troubles, well, we didn't.

I suck.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

No problem. Life > Mafia.

Kudos to Bulba also for working hard on this setup. No complaints whatsoever on the setup/modding side of things; you held up your end of the bargain 100%.

Anyways, does anyone want to comment on anything they feel was objectively bad about my play that hasn't been covered? This game was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had and I don't want to leave without something to show for it.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:41 am

Post by Titus »

Someone please go second my scummy nomination for SKOT. His performance was great but did not fit into a predefined category as he is not the best scumhunter overall.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Titus »

Mastina you did just enough forcing me to go into I am going to die mode.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4093, Titus wrote:Someone please go second my scummy nomination for SKOT. His performance was great but did not fit into a predefined category as he is not the best scumhunter overall.

I was actually going to nom him, but then decided none of the categories fit what he did as they got rid of individual game performance awards.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I think that really just shows how often I pay attention to the Scummies though... :(
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 4072, Bulbazak wrote:
I have some new ideas for a future game with the mechanic, but given what I've seen in this game, I feel as if my efforts would be wasted at this time. Also, would you want to review the game or play in it?

I would play in a game with this mechanic again, I found it enjoyable and complex, but not to mjndwarping and out there. I might have stayed active in this gsme had I not died because I did find it to br fun, though there isnt anything you can do to comepletely prevent gsme apathy, except for making sure chronic flakers dont sign up, people playing have a good record ect..
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

I also cannoy believe I had put all that time and effort to grtting jordan lynched and it never went through and it jsut resultrd in me being dead :(
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Ms Marangal »