Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3147, Shinobi wrote:Example: Oversoul was pressuring me and didn't tell anyone about it. We ended up looking like buddies and he was incriminated because he didn't tell town about what was going on. Just a taste of how detrimental that kind of power can actually be for town, because I certainly wasn't telling anyone about what was going on behind the scenes.

By Desp and your other buddy? lol

I was trying to get people to commit to reads in private before they could in the main thread but it worked out backwards for that :\
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Yeah, that's the problem. Town can't really work an agenda behind the scenes because it just paints them as targets. Scum are the only ones who really benefit from working private daychat, and even then, a good town will just punish them by immediately calling them out for it.

Your plan would work best if you were active and asked the right questions during the night sequence, but even then, that defeats the purpose of daychat neighborhoods anyway.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by Marquis »

too many large theme scum games sigh
link in bio
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Phew, okay, all the information is in and the topics have been released into the wild. Have fun looking through it all.

My thoughts:

- I think scum played well, and I don't want to downplay their game with any of my comments. Marquis managed to straddle the line perfectly, chamber played a very town-like game, and Shinobi seemingly stabilized the scumreads on the tilt-a-whirl of replacements going through that slot. Well done. The bus drive was really stupid IMO, but other than that, excellent play.

- I was fairly disappointed that Majiffy never gave out his inventions, and vezok never got to use his wiretap. Those were two of the roles I was most excited to see in action with this setup.

- Town apathy did a number on this game. I feel like the Hoopla lynch was pretty sloppy and I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole, but also the LAST MINUTE DEADLINE WAGON ON CHAMBER that contributed to that lynch really fucked it up. That day, end of that day, if anyone else had been around the other counterwagons to Hoopla were BOTH scum.

- SpyreX didn't have the same oomph this game he normally does. That actually applies for a bunch of town's heavy hitters -- SpyreX, AGar, Oversoul, and Majiffy were all less than their usual stellar selves this game, which I think hurt the town quite a bit.

What did YOU guys think about the setup and mechanic?
I've actually had this mechanic sitting around in a save file for about four years now, and when I needed an idea for a large theme to run, I popped it out. I definitely like the neighborhood aspect of it and having power roles target entire groups and interact in interesting ways. I was slightly disappointed that most of the neighborhoods didn't really utilize them well (or at all).

I think the mechanic is interesting and in the right hands could be super amazingly used, but in this grouping without that oomph it just became fairly neutral.

I'm not going to take away from the scum's play, but this one I put on the town. My activity being harder and harder to keep up is killing me, but lets look at what happened:

1.) D1 fake guilty on me that only didn't end in a lynch because they fucked the votes up.
2.) The mollie/desp fight
3.) The end on Vezok (and I'm sorry I should have believed in myself and not got tied up in my internal WTF about that role).
4.) The AGar "lynch me" D3
5.) The hoopla lynch. There are two things I'm really sorry for and its this and D1. I should have went nope you get a nolynch. I'm seething at how I couldn't get that swung.
6.) The followup from that STILL not being a Shinobi lynch.

I'm not going to do a giant callout now that its done but yes I played terrible and I'll take that. That said, I still ended up in the higher end of town and that says something bad.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 3153, SpyreX wrote:1.) D1 fake guilty on me that only didn't end in a lynch because they fucked the votes up.

I completely forgot about this one. Reck, it was a terrible decision to interpret something that was clearly intended as a town on town hammer in the benefit of the town.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

oh right you had the "if the votecounter won't pick it up I won't count it" rule

I don't think that's a good rule but it's understandable then
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I think this game could have been improved upon if the neighborhoods were different sizes. I think that would have made the move around powers stronger and made night play more interesting.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by chamber »

Would have also allowed the inclusion of an extra townie, the odd number would have really helped.
Taking a break from the site.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3155, Bicephalous Bob wrote:oh right you had the "if the votecounter won't pick it up I won't count it" rule

I don't think that's a good rule but it's understandable then

Yeah, I have to take a hard line stance on it, otherwise there's way too much subjectivity that can go into it
green shirt thursdays
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:16 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

This game. Sorry I got lynched.

Hoopla threw me off cause she appeared scummy.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 1528, xRECKONERx wrote:
Official Vote Count

vezokpiraka
(9): AGar, Metal Sonic, 4nxi3ty, Zivel, SpyreX, ZZZX, farside22, Antihero, Desperado
Majiffy
(3): Marquis, Bicephalous Bob, Oversoul
pirate mollie
(2): Majiffy, pirate mollie
ZZZX
(2): Hoopla, vezokpiraka

Not Voting
(0):

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

---

Lynched was reached in post 1497.
Resolving the Desperado/Mollie situation. Flip incoming.

Only 2 scum on me.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 3136, Oversoul wrote:
And did Majiffy not give anyone an invention?

No, I was waiting for stronger reads and a smaller pool so that they'd actually be effective. Unfortunately I didn't last long enough to see that.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”