SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

hi pie.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 3674, pirate mollie wrote:healing vibes in this thread

like it needs it

also fuck you skrew

?
To be clear: quack
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by singersigner »

I still don't even know how a reputation for town-telling got started from one game... I guess that's been sitting I'll with me the whole time. Not much to say about PN since I don't really know anything about them. I tend to get apathetic when I don't feel like my play has an outcome on the game so it wasn't really a scum tell for me. Also still don't know what the "slip" was.

I don't really want to get into a discussion about how I felt like I was being goaded into making a premature decision while on vacation, so I'll just leave the last few pages at that. I accept Sugoku's apology and hope we can move on from here.

Mollie...sorry I wasn't what you expected...even though I'm still not sure what that is... But I'm glad we at least agreed on something in the end even if I couldn't follow through...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i still don't understand what the fuck just happened
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3679, singersigner wrote:I still don't even know how a reputation for town-telling got started from one game... I guess that's been sitting I'll with me the whole time. Not much to say about PN since I don't really know anything about them. I tend to get apathetic when I don't feel like my play has an outcome on the game so it wasn't really a scum tell for me. Also still don't know what the "slip" was.

I don't really want to get into a discussion about how I felt like I was being goaded into making a premature decision while on vacation, so I'll just leave the last few pages at that. I accept Sugoku's apology and hope we can move on from here.

Mollie...sorry I wasn't what you expected...even though I'm still not sure what that is... But I'm glad we at least agreed on something in the end even if I couldn't follow through...

I am so sorry I left a bad trail. :(

skrew don't wind people up, this game needs some healing and since you have won, don't let town eviscerate each other
whew!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by pieguyn »

in all honesty I thought it was SAD x PN and they were crossbussing. I was ruling PN x feu out from the get go bc if that was the case I don't get why PN wouldn't just hammer the SAD wagon back near the start. but I didn't mention anything at first cos we initially wanted to keep some of our cards close.

regardless of everything else, I wasn't expecting feu at all. either way I feel a bit better knowing we had theoretically lost already.

gg

marquis can I get my hug now </3
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

GG scum.

Thanks Zach for running it. It was fun for my whole one day in the game! And I enjoyed playing with all of you. (Arthur maybe one day scum will stop killing me night one when we get to play together!)

I won't say anything about the last couple days as I've been transfixed watching it from the dead thread and commenting there and probably made all the comments I should.

I think there's a lot to be learned from this LyLo though. Both how town should play it and how scum should play it.

Although I will say I didn't vig Not_Mafia because I particularly thought he was scum anymore, but he was the day one wagon who claimed VT, and we ended up lynching town instead. My theory on vig-shots isn't to play the hero unless you're completely convinced someone is scum, and that if a day one wagon claims VT or seems that they'll be a lynch target in the coming days, that they're the best people to take out. It might not be right, but it's what I find the most practical especially since I don't really trust my scum reads day one most of the time. (And the one time I shot someone I had a shaky gut scum read on day one, I shot a town power role.)
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 3681, pirate mollie wrote:skrew don't wind people up, this game needs some healing and since you have won, don't let town eviscerate each other

What are you talking about?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

One of the things that ended up intriguing me about this game is that all the scum ended up claiming power roles. Every... single... one, and only one was under pressure. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I don't have a lot of comments on the rest of the game but my LYLO play was horrible. First off, I want to clarify that all of the posting in LYLO was mine and none of it was Pie's so if you are going to blacklist anyone, it should just be me. Singer, I'm really sorry. My comments were uncalled for and absolutely horrible. At this point in time today, I didn't have much to do other than constantly check the thread and the more I checked it, the more I got annoyed. I kind of snapped when you said that you were going to hold off just to troll me. I obviously had no intention of voting you in this game. But I threw the game for town regardless. You were about to make the right decision if it wasn't for me yelling at you to do it quickly and you pretty much had Feu/PN pegged which I didn't. I'm really, really sorry for everyone who had to see my cringeworthy posting at LYLO. I am ashamed at my posting and if you don't want to play with me again, I totally understand.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Let's hydra some time.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also I already kinda asked about the setup in the dead topic, but this is also a chance to give me some feedback on what you thought about the setup, and the pace of the game, and whether or not you would be interested in playing this type of a game again.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Bert »

thanks for the game

emotions got heated but it is what it is, i find it hard to reel in passion too

we weren't trying to lurk, just lurking in this kinda game felt kinda like a good idea so we wouldn't give anything away easily (prolong our life), plus the short DL's made it easy to get by with little activity. i think we said in scum qt that we anticipated living until day 3 and then any more is borrowed time. i dont know how we didnt get lynched

also we did not get any fakeclaims

<3

seeya guys around
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 3686, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I don't have a lot of comments on the rest of the game but my LYLO play was horrible. First off, I want to clarify that all of the posting in LYLO was mine and none of it was Pie's so if you are going to blacklist anyone, it should just be me. Singer, I'm really sorry. My comments were uncalled for and absolutely horrible. At this point in time today, I didn't have much to do other than constantly check the thread and the more I checked it, the more I got annoyed. I kind of snapped when you said that you were going to hold off just to troll me. I obviously had no intention of voting you in this game. But I threw the game for town regardless. You were about to make the right decision if it wasn't for me yelling at you to do it quickly and you pretty much had Feu/PN pegged which I didn't. I'm really, really sorry for everyone who had to see my cringeworthy posting at LYLO. I am ashamed at my posting and if you don't want to play with me again, I totally understand.

From the biggest town flailer in this game...we all go a little crazy sometime. Shake it off and learn from it. Singer, sorry I left such a mess for you.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Dear Bert,

If you are ever my neighbor in any game again, I will policy lynch your slot immediately.

Love,
Jilted neighbor

Lol@nachopappa
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Also I planned on making a PSA at the beginning about how volume posting would be even worse than usual for the town in this game but then I got my role PM so I cranked it on up.

Zach, I'm not too keen on the double Encryptors double Neighborizers. Causes too much outguess the mod for my taste.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3686, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I don't have a lot of comments on the rest of the game but my LYLO play was horrible. First off, I want to clarify that all of the posting in LYLO was mine and none of it was Pie's so if you are going to blacklist anyone, it should just be me. Singer, I'm really sorry. My comments were uncalled for and absolutely horrible. At this point in time today, I didn't have much to do other than constantly check the thread and the more I checked it, the more I got annoyed. I kind of snapped when you said that you were going to hold off just to troll me. I obviously had no intention of voting you in this game. But I threw the game for town regardless. You were about to make the right decision if it wasn't for me yelling at you to do it quickly and you pretty much had Feu/PN pegged which I didn't. I'm really, really sorry for everyone who had to see my cringeworthy posting at LYLO. I am ashamed at my posting and if you don't want to play with me again, I totally understand.

Don't beat yourself up! At least you realized it and apologized before the game was over. Endgame is frustrating for everyone. If you get to the point where you're that frustrated again, email the mod if you're solo or vent in your hydra qt if you're a hydra.

Most of us have made cringeworthy posts at the height of frustration; it's just best to learn from it and try to do better next time. :]
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Rantbuddies are also fantastic.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3694, SleepyKrew wrote:Rantbuddies are also fantastic.

Also, this. I think I've had a rant buddy for most games I've been in.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by singersigner »

I read the last few pages in the dead thread and now I'm really embarrassed I didn't have more patience. You all had such confidence that I would make the right decision in the end, but I didn't. I've been phone posting and trying to keep up and read arguments, but I must've glossed over SAD's post in the crossfire. I'm kicking myself for not really being the kind of person to hold my own in games. That singer is few and far between, and certainly hasn't shown up for a few years because I've fallen off the mafia scene. I misjudged the kind of game I was replacing into and wish I didn't allow myself to get overwhelmed. Thank you all for letting me play and dealing with the loss in a mature manner instead of calling for my blood. After reading the dead thread I certainly feel a lot more guilty for making a rash decision, but hopefully everyone can find some closure in this.

@Falcon...I completely understand getting upset and impatient in lylo, and I'm not gunna lie, it clouded my judgement a bit (a lot obviously), but you had completely justified concerns, and I'm sure you weren't happy about me being the one to make the final decision. I wish I had done an official V/LA sooner, but like I said, I expected the game to be over by now and just didn't think it through. I appreciate the apology and hope we can both learn from our mistakes.

I guess I really just wanted to apologize for being underwhelming and hope I get my mafia chops back up to par...and maybe make better choices with which games I agree to replace into, lol.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by pieguyn »

fucking hell I'm reading this scum QT and it's just breaking my heart. marquis I need a hug </3

I'm not sure if I could have arrived at feu x PN before all the voting shenanigans in LYLO. I think the main thing I faile dat this game was keeping my composure and thinking logically through each situation - I didn't stop to reanalyze my jason or oversoul reads (there were several things they did that looked town and I should have tried to push elsewhere) and then I started panicking when both of them flipped town and it fucked the rest of my reads up really bad in LYLO although I did have PN as scum. in the end I didn't stop to reconsider the possibility of feu x PN team hard enough. but idk how well I could have done that in a game with 5 day DLs @_@

disappearing D6 for anime expo didn't help anything either. by the time I got back it was too late to do anything at all

also I cry that we almost got killed N1. if that happens I'm almost positive the game changes about 9000% for hte better bc my reads were so bad. what could have been :cry:
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3692, SleepyKrew wrote:Also I planned on making a PSA at the beginning about how volume posting would be even worse than usual for the town in this game but then I got my role PM so I cranked it on up.

Zach, I'm not too keen on the double Encryptors double Neighborizers. Causes too much outguess the mod for my taste.

If I had it to over again I would have had the encryptors control their respective factions qts. (More specifically scum controls scumchat and town encryptor controls everything else.)

And I would have made that function clear in the role pms. That at least would have removed the talk of policy lynching Desperado... or at least I hope it would have.

I'm actually happy with the way the neighborizer roles worked out for the most part. It's actually a great role that's Dependant on how well it's used, and doesn't really effect the balance of a game on it's own, so it can be tacked in there to challenge presumptions on the number of power roles to be expected in a game.
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Infinite Jesters »

In post 3685, Zachrulez wrote:One of the things that ended up intriguing me about this game is that all the scum ended up claiming power roles. Every... single... one, and only one was under pressure. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I have 2 under pressure.

slaandy claimed day cop and skrew claimed commuter.

pn claimed miller (first post) and feo claimed neighbour which they had to cos...they had to.

so yeah they all claimed special.

not trying to be contrary zach, just trying to get into your mind

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”