A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Pathfinder Mafia - GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Blah Blah Blah Bone's Standard Package of Rules
RULES:

1. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread, with anyone, for any reason, unless your role specifically states that you can do so. I will supply anyone a Private Topic who is able to talk outside the thread.

2. Once you die in this game you may not post any more. Not even a "Bah/Go Team" post. Please save it for the post-game thread.

3. You are dead when I say you are. Until I post that you are dead, you may talk.

4. Once you have received your role PM, please confirm by replying to me with your class list (instructions in the Game Mechanics section).

5. No quoting PM's for ANY reason. If you have a question about your role, PM me. Do not ask in the thread.

6. Tactical Phases (Day Phases) will last 21 days on the first, and get progressively smaller at the Mod's discretion, and Tuesday's do not count towards anything. (Deadlines, prods, whatever).

7. Night Discussion will not be allowed, and the thread will be locked.

8. All posts must contain visible letters. You cannot use text that has to be highlighted to read, or text so small that it has to be enlarged. Although, coding your messages is allowed.

9. EVERYONE must participate in the game. You will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. Continued prods means you'll be replaced.

10. If you need to go V/LA for an extended period time (like more than 48 hours) please let me know by PMing me. You can also bold it in the thread if you wish.

11. All votes must be in emboldened in this format:
Vote: Player A
; if it's not in bold the vote does not count. Unvoting must be done in the same manner, though you do not need to include the name of the person you wish to unvote. For example;
Unvote Vote: Player B
. Unvoting isn't mandatory to vote another player, however doing so would be courteous to the Mods and help ensure accuracy of vote counts.

12. This is a game of strategy, but it is also intended to be fun. Some people play this game more aggressively than others. Do not be offended by this! It’s best to not take most things said personally. Also, leave any pre-existing animosity at the front door. Out of courtesy to the other players, leave your flavor-knowledge cocks at home and put your differences aside while playing.

13. No excessive trolling in the thread. Examples of this may be repeated posts calling other players names, using excessive profanity, repeating the same post over and over again. Trolling will be met with forced-replacement.

14. I WILL NOT answer any questions concerning any of my posts in the thread. If you feel I made a mistake, you can point them out through PM. I will fix any mistakes that may exist quietly. If you have any questions about your role or game, PM me. If I can answer them I will as long as it does not compromise the game.

15. Please keep all heads inside the hydra at all times. If you hydra slip, please use your hydra account to quote the post you slipped on. Generally though, don't slip!

16. I reserve the right as the Mod to make any decisions about the game I want, to add or modify rules as I see fit, and to generally do whatever the fuck I want. Enjoy.

Game Mechanics

Welcome to the Battlefield! The fate of Golarion is at stake! The game will consist of two phases, the Tactical Phase (Day) and the Combat Phase (Night). During the Tactical Phase you may post in-thread, and execute a suspected player (via lynching). This is also known as playing mafia.
During the Combat Phase, many abilities can be used. Actions during this phase will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution. If any Roleblocker/Roleblocker interactions exist in the game, they will be resolved as follows. Both parties will be roleblocked, and no actions by either player will go through. Both parties will be considered targeting each other for the purposes of action resolution.

Each player will play a Heroic class from Pathfinder! There are 19 classes as following.
Alchemist
Barbarian
Bard
Cavalier
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Gunslinger
Inquisitor
Magus
Monk
Oracle
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Sorcerer
Summoner
Witch
Wizard

After receiving your Alignment Role PM, please reply with a list of the 19 classes from 1 (most preferred) to 19(least preferred). I will randomize the playerlist, and then assign each player’s most available preferential choice. For example if I randomize the playerlist and mith is first, i will select his top choice. If Kison is next I will select his top choice providing the player ahead of him didn’t already receive it...so on and so forth.

Everyone will receive a Class Role PM afterwards. Classes are NOT alignment dependent! Please refer to your Alignment Role PM for win conditions!

The Town Alignment PM will consist of the following…

Town Role PM
“Welcome Hero to the Battlefield. The forces of evil have opened the Axis Gate, and soon great evil will spill out. You are a member of the Heroic forces. You win when the Unholy Pact are eliminated, and the battle for Golarion is finished.

What kind of hero are you? Please rank the Heroic classes from 1 (most preferred) to 19 (least preferred). Refer to the Rules in the OP as to how this selection is made.

Good luck, the fate of the world is in your hands.

Signed,
General Malkum XXII”

Mafia will not be given fakeclaims.

4. Each Class (and player) has three levels. All players start at Level 1 for their class, and have the associated ability (first listed). When a player gains experience, they level up to a maximum of Level 3. A player gains experience in a number of ways.
- Being the hammer vote on any lynch
- Surviving to pre-determined points of the game.
- Additionally the mafia will increase in power the more their numbers dwindle.
- Higher level players have access to higher level abilities.

If you are granted a Feat, you may choose from the feat list below. Each feat can only be selected by one player, and once selected feats will become unavailable to everyone. Unavailable feats will be kept track of by the Mod, and if you select an invalid feat you will be asked to choose again. Feat preference will be given in reverse order that the Mod handed out class selection, and Feats must be chosen sometime during the first Tactical Phase you are able to have this new feat.

Unless otherwise stated you cannot use more than one active ability at a time.

5. Flavor that may appear in write-ups are just flavor and will not provide extra insight into players, roles, or role actions. It’s just for your enjoyment.

6. Will you be a hero, or a harbinger? Good Luck.

Spoiler: Feat List
FEAT LIST

Medium Armor Proficiency - One per game, you may don your new armor to protect yourself from being killed during a Combat Phase. You cannot benefit from the feat if you have Heavy Armor Proficiency, and it is unused.

Heavy Armor Proficiency - Once per game, you may don your new armor to protect yourself from being killed during a Combat Phase. You cannot benefit from the feat if you have Medium Armor Proficiency, and it is unused.

Blind-Fight - Once per game, a roleblocking ability that is used on you will automatically fail. You do not need to trigger this feat, but you will be informed when it is exhausted.

Combat Reflexes - Once per game you may declare yourself ascetic. All non-killing actions will not affect you.

Counterspell - Once per game you may declare yourself reflective. Any action used on you during the Combat Phase will be redirected to the user.

Dodge - Once during a Combat Phase you may declare another player. You will be unaffected by any actions that player takes on you.

Nimble Moves - Once during a combat phase you may declare another player. All non-killing actions targeting you will be redirected to that player.

Persuasive - Once per game you may steal another player's vote and use it as your own during the next Tactical Phase.

Power Attack - Once per game you may motivate yourself. Your next ability has a more powerful version of the effect.

Quick Draw - Once per game you may declare an active ability of yours. You will resolve this ability at the beginning of the next Combat phase, before all other abilities.

Rapid Reload - Once per game your action that can only be used nonconsecutively can be used consecutively instead.

Shield Proficiency -Once per game you may protect another player from a killing action with your shield.

Skill Focus - Once per game you may redirect one player's target to another. They will be informed if this happens, but not who did it.

Spell Penetration - Once per game your abilities bypass any form of non-killing protection another player has. This Feat will be expended automatically when used.

Throw Anything - Once per game you may throw a message in a bottle at another player, mod-confirming your alignment to them.

Weapon Finesse - Once per game your killing ability may bypass any sort of protection on another player. You must choose which night to activate this ability.
Last edited by T-Bone on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:51 am, edited 16 times in total.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Heroic Warriors

3. ActionDan
beastcharizard***

4. MattP
displaced*

6. MonkeyMan576
8. Narninian
10. Ankamius
11. ZZZX
Sorcerer Madness*

13. Andrius
Muffin

17. Nero Cain
18. Fluminator

Unmarked Graves

Titus - Animaul - Heroic Barbarian
- Lynched during the First Tactical Phase
GuyInFreezer - Serana DelCastle - Heroic Witch
- Killed during the First Combat Phase
DrCirno

Albert B Rampage - Prancybold - Unholy Pact Sorcerer
- Lynched during the Second Combat Phase
BBMolla...Murder of Crows (Fferylit and AngryPidgeon)

Here There Be Dragons - ???

d3x - Leianna - Unholy Pact Cleric
- Lynched during the Third Tactical Phase
Tammy - Garrud - Heroic Fighter
- Killed During the Third Combat Phase
Varsoon - Toan Hao - Unholy Pact Cavalier
- Lynched During the Fourth Tactical Phase
serrapaladin - Jinja - Heroic Oracle
- Killed during the Fourth Combat Phase
Natrisha**

vezokpiraka - Mr. Nook - Heroic Alchemist
- Lynched During the Fifth Tactical Phase
ZZZX - Rogar Solidstoner - Heroic Inquisitor
- Killed during the Fifth Combat Phase
Andrius - Jatos Adow - Heroic Rogue
- Killed during the Fifth Combat Phase
Jaqen Hghar - Brother Domcliff - Unholy Pact Paladin
PeregrineV****

*prodded

Spoiler: T-Bone's Availability
The Mod will definitely be unavailable at the following times. Wed-Sat till maybe 3pm EST, mostly unavailable on Tuesdays. Mod sleeps from usually around midnight EST. The Mod will try to check mafiascum as often as possible, though I do not guarantee I will be around at any specific time.
Last edited by T-Bone on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:50 am, edited 39 times in total.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by T-Bone »

All Alignment Confirmations have been sent out, let me know if I missed you. Please reply to me with your class list ASAP. The 19 classes are listed in the OP of this topic, and you should order them from the top (most preferred) to bottom (least preferred). Once I receive everyone's class list, I will assign classes and unlock the thread to begin the first Tactical (Day) Phase.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

12 out of 19 players have sent me a PM confirming their class preferences.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:13 am

Post by T-Bone »

All Class PMs have been sent out, if you did not receive a PM for some reason, let me know.

If your class grants you a Feat at 1st level, you may make your choice at some point during the Tactical (Day) phase. Please list 3 feats in the order that you want them, and I will hand out feats towards the end of the Day phase.

Please stand-by for the opening write-up, and for the thread to unlock. Good Luck.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

General Malkum, 22nd man to take up the holy command, observed the battlefield from his vantage point. Below, a fierce battle is being fought as soldiers clash with all manners of demons, undead, and other monsters. General Malkum uses his spyglass to eye the Axis Gate, as more monsters and creatures come through from beyond. Somewhere, the man responsible was out there. He is shaken from his thought as suddenly behind him, a messenger rides up to him.

"Sir, we have a situation." the messenger says. The General mounts his horse and follows him down the valley. They ride to an outpost tent on the friendly side of the battlefield. He nods at some fellow warriors as they rest up. He pushes his way into the tent.

"Oh no..." General Malkum whispers to himself. Before him is the dead body of an Eldrich Knight. As they peel of his armor, it reveals black veins running near the surface of his skin.

"We found him slain on the battlefield. One of the Eldrich Knights. He seemed to have some sort of poison under his skin. What do those markings mean?" a field medic asked. The General stood in silence for a moment.

"It means...this once noble Knight took the Bloodoath. He was a traitor to the cause. Carrick must have gotten to him..." The General trailed off...

"But if he could turn a beacon of good like him-"

"He could turn anyone. Alert everyone...there may be traitors among us." The General spoke. Immediately his messenger ran out of the tent. The General sighed, ordering that the body be burned in an unmarked grave quietly. Taking the reigns of his mount he began to ride again, overseeing the battlefield once more.

DEAD

Ika - Noble Mith - Eldrich Knight aligned with the Unholy Pact - Killed on the Battlefield Pre-Game

Meanwhile at the heart of the Axis Gate, The God-King stands over a crystal globe.

"It looks like the General....the fool....has discovered part of my plot...no matter...those who have taken the Bloodoath....will ensure my victory......"

-----------------------------------------------

It is now the First Tactical (Day) Phase. The First Tactical Phase ends March 7th, 8:00pm EST.

With 19 Alive, it take 10 votes to Executive

You may begin.

DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 am

Post by DrCirno »

hi
Vote: DrCirno
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Tammy »

I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:57 am

Post by DrCirno »

Ah right. RVS.
Hmm.

[insert something something "hero vanquish dem dragons" something]

VOTE: Here There Be Dragons
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Fluminator »

Yay, I got my first choice.
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:58 am

Post by DrCirno »

In post 9, Fluminator wrote:Yay, I got my first choice.

Lucky you.
I got my last choice.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 am

Post by Fluminator »

Sucks to be you
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I got one of my first choices.

Vote Here There Be Dragons

Because I hate hydras and wagons are cool.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Fluminator »

VOTE: Here There Be Dragons
Sure, why not
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Wagons -are- cool.
VOTE: Here there be dragons

I also think we can game the feats a little, but that depends on who has access to feats and such.
I get one at level 1, by-the-by.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

Yeah! Wagons are cool!

VOTE: Here there be...

hey wait a minute...
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like, for instance, if we all put weapon Finesse first, we can make a strong bid to keep it out of scum hands. Things like that.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:15 am

Unvote
just in case

I am very excited to be playing in a hydra with my significant other...do you hate love too?

~STD
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 15, Here There Be Dragons wrote:Yeah! Wagons are cool!

VOTE: Here there be...

hey wait a minute...

How do you feel about your up-and-coming wagon?
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:16 am

hi f

VOTE: Murder of Crows

-guys
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:17 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I hate love when hydras are involved:).
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:17 am

Way to wagon the love hydra on valentine's day. You're jealous. We get it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think STD is a solid player and I remember liking Cephrir.
Here's to hoping the two of you are even better together?
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:19 am

In post 18, Varsoon wrote:How do you feel about your up-and-coming wagon?

This is not my first game so I don't really care =)

~STD
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:20 am

Post by DrCirno »

Someone take the page top

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”