Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4825 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4821, Titus wrote:
In post 4819, Psyche wrote:gosh titus i can't believe you are so paranoid

In post 4820, Nero Cain wrote:town was stacked man

These two together.

That plus there were so many Scumteam replace-outs that Nero and I were the whole team most of the time.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4826 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Suzune »

Oh, I wanted Sin to be scum moving towards the end. I grandstanded about how the town should not play games with Kling as mafia and choose sides with who should die. Then he crept in at the last minute and commented on it anyway, with a silly choice. I saw red for a minute and I thought, he might be mafia. Didn't matter because I died, but I was the smart choice at that time.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4827 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Ika/(ArcAngel9)/(Millar13) - (Tahna Los), Mafia Motivator, lynched D5
St Constantine the Hermit/(Displaced)/(Marcrell) - (Locutus of Borg,) Mafia Roleblocker, lynched D6
Riabi/(Zabing12), (Gul Dukat,) Mafia Doctor, lynched D7

Klingoncelt - Mallibok, Mafia Treestump
Nero Cain - Vash, Mafia Tracker
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4828 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4826, Suzune wrote:Oh, I wanted Sin to be scum moving towards the end. I grandstanded about how the town should not play games with Kling as mafia and choose sides with who should die. Then he crept in at the last minute and commented on it anyway, with a silly choice. I saw red for a minute and I thought, he might be mafia. Didn't matter because I died, but I was the smart choice at that time.

We were planning on getting Titus lynched and Nk'ing Dave or Gumball, then endgaming with lots of wifom between Sinsun and Perev.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Is there a neighborhood chat?

Can we see the Dead Thread?
-
MiniDeathStar
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 4828, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 4826, Suzune wrote:Oh, I wanted Sin to be scum moving towards the end. I grandstanded about how the town should not play games with Kling as mafia and choose sides with who should die. Then he crept in at the last minute and commented on it anyway, with a silly choice. I saw red for a minute and I thought, he might be mafia. Didn't matter because I died, but I was the smart choice at that time.

We were planning on getting Titus lynched and Nk'ing Dave or Gumball, then endgaming with lots of wifom between Sinsun and Perev.
I assumed since I was fence sitting and could go either way, I was the easy target since everyone else had passionate feelings.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 4826, Suzune wrote:Oh, I wanted Sin to be scum moving towards the end.

See, you and Titus giving into paranoia could have costed us the win if the mafia played their cards right. Which I am surprised. If I were mafia, there are a lot of scenarios I would have pounced on given the chances they had. That's mostly why I've been leaning towards the game being more mafia sided is that there were so many opportunities that mafia could have done that would have caused enough WIFOM that town would need luck on their side.

Kling stumping actually made it harder for Riabi and Nero to win. She effectively created a second mislynch option for us instead of leaving us at one mislynch until MYLO.

I can see though why Hermit was upset with his teammates after Riabi and Kling just threw in the towel and Ika was inactive.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Suzune »

Hey, i explained why I thought so. Don't just read the parts you like. You played with Kling when I advised it was bad for the town. That is what made me really doubt you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 547, Nero Cain wrote:like our team is doing pretty good and ika is going to sink you guys.

I just stopped caring at the end so when Celt said to kill Thor I just did it.

Still think this game was really townsided though and I felt like I played fairly well when I cared about this.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #4834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Titus »

Suinsin, it's not giving into paranoia to suppose a fair game. Sorry. No regrets.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by pisskop »

this game. way to lynch the player with the berst reads and a gun
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #4836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Titus »

Your "best read" was that I was scum. :/
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

The Senator lynch was a pretty bad lynch though.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 4836, Titus wrote:Your "best read" was that I was scum. :/

what? when?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Go town, go. Glad to say that puts me above 500 for my town games.

Updating wiki now.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4830, Suzune wrote:
In post 4828, Klingoncelt wrote:

I assumed since I was fence sitting and could go either way, I was the easy target since everyone else had passionate feelings.

You're too smart, you would have figured Nero out. :]
-
MiniDeathStar
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Also, I was really bad this game. I only claimed because as someone put it, "its best to get those "bad town roles out of the way."

Also have to ask kling if they were in fact about to make a case against me just before I claimed.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4831, Sinsun1 wrote:

Kling stumping actually made it harder for Riabi and Nero to win. She effectively created a second mislynch option for us instead of leaving us at one mislynch until MYLO.

I can see though why Hermit was upset with his teammates after Riabi and Kling just threw in the towel and Ika was inactive.

Calling bullshit. Hermit was a rarity in the Scumchat thread and a troll here in the game.

Ika was inactive in the Scumchat, but he didn't have much of a chance anyway, he replaced the perennial absentees Marcrell and Archangel. His slot was doomed.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4841, LicketyQuickety wrote:Also, I was really bad this game. I only claimed because as someone put it, "its best to get those "bad town roles out of the way."

Also have to ask kling if they were in fact about to make a case against me just before I claimed.

No, I wouldn't have your lynch - and Pisskop's - were strictly policy on my part. You guys were so much low hanging fruit it was too easy to get you lynched. :(
-
MiniDeathStar
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by pisskop »

town was p dumb
titus still seems to think i was pushing her and sinsum fucked D1,2 and i stopped listening to him after
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by pisskop »

all butthurt still, obvs
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Please can we have the Dead Thread link?

I suppose Town would like the Scumchat link, too.
-
MiniDeathStar
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4848 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Obviously it is a pretty swingy game, if only because of the number of power roles. I asked in the review thread if I should advertise it as a role madness game, but the reviewers said no.

The scum did a LOT of things to help the town, including lack of participation, poor night kill choices, and some questionable lynch strategies(in my opinion, as well as tree stumping). Given that all these things happened to help town, and the game was still down to the final 5, I don't think there's any fair argument that the game was unbalanced. Swingy and unbalanced are two different things.

Scum had day chat, motivator, a doctor, a tracker and a roleblocker. That's a lot of power right there.

Also I knowingly made town slightly more powerful, because scum have had easy times winning in previous games of mine due mostly to lurking strategies, so sometimes you have to adjust your games to site meta.

But I think the surplus of power roles lead to more discussion and more interesting action and speculation, so I don't regret it at all. I admit I had never seen the Oracle actually used in a game before, so I really didn't anticipate how much of an effect it would have. I would probably restrict it's use more if I ever included it in a future game.

Personally I'd rather have a game with lots of roles(and town negative utitly roles) than a game with just mostly vanilla townies. It's just a more fun version of mafia as far as I'm concerned.

But I hope everyone enjoyed the game, and I appriciate everyone's effort for those that did participate. The number of replacements did make it a frustrating effort, and I will be more picky about who I allow into future games.

One issue that did come up was RIP's force replacement. I replaced him because he literally said exactly what his mod pm said. I got a note from site admin saying that I shouldn't have replaced him because what he said could have been easily scum faked. To me the point of the rule is that you want to be able to trust players that they aren't going to do something that could break the game in a critical situation by doing something like quoting a mod communication that could be viewed as conftown evidence. So I stand by my ruling, even though the admin disagreed. Of course, as a game moderator, I will be taking that into consideration in the future, but I disagree with the "site policy there".
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4849 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

/Pre-in for Season 2!
-
MiniDeathStar

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”