pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7000 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by pisskop »

Rules is Rules, and consistency is most important.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7001 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:59 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 6999, Sakura Hana wrote:IMO, if the vote had happened and AJ's vote had happened without any vote counts in between it would have been a vote trick, but the mod had posted vote counts in which the vote hadn't been counted, so it was AJ's bad for missing that. Once the mod has already not counted the vote, there was no way she could've just counted it at the end.

Aj shouldn't
have
to keep track of that though. That's the mod's responsibility, not that of a scum player. Notscience even being allowed to post out of hydra in a cavalier fashion without immediate repurcussions was a mistake.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7002 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Everyone makes mistakes. It's okay.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7003 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I'm aware. Not really the point I was trying to get across though.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7004 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7001, OceanWind wrote:
In post 6999, Sakura Hana wrote:IMO, if the vote had happened and AJ's vote had happened without any vote counts in between it would have been a vote trick, but the mod had posted vote counts in which the vote hadn't been counted, so it was AJ's bad for missing that. Once the mod has already not counted the vote, there was no way she could've just counted it at the end.

Aj shouldn't
have
to keep track of that though. That's the mod's responsibility, not that of a scum player. Notscience even being allowed to post out of hydra in a cavalier fashion without immediate repurcussions was a mistake.

Thats not the case at all considering the tanspire of events

NS voted here:

In post 6814, notscience wrote:VOTE: kamigami

A vc was put here:

In post 6855, fferyllt wrote:
VC 10.3
The lip of the well seems impossibly far away.

Fluff Central
(1): Kamigami

Not Voting
(3): Perpetual Nonsense, Fluff Central, Aj The Epic

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: December 30, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-12-30 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]

it was not till much later did AJ vote so if he was reading he would of been aware that the vote did not count.

if the VC was never there then maybe but here it had clear indications that the vote was not vaild
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7005 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Yeah, I saw that. What I'm saying is that notscience made around fifty posts out of hydra. There was never a clear indication from the mod as to whether he was replacing his hydra with his main account or what was going on there. The mod never stepped in to delete the posts, ask him to repost from his hydra account, or really take any sort of stand on whether this was allowed. For all intents and purposes, notscience was playing solo. It was a confusing gamestate to be in and despite the votecount showing the vote not counting, the mod not taking any action against notscience could be interpreted as notscience playing under his solo account.

With that in mind, I felt it was too much of an ask to expect the scum player to double check votecounts when he wasn't at fault for gamestate being confusing. It should have been something notscience and the mod should have cleared up. That's why in my opinion, the fairer decision would have been to award mafia the win.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7006 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In other words, my issue is a) why was notscience posting from his main account without any sort of notice allowed to happen, and b) why confusion that stemmed from this mistake was resolved in a way that penalized the team that wasn't at fault.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7007 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 7006, OceanWind wrote:a) why was notscience posting from his main account without any sort of notice allowed to happen

That one is indeed on the mod.
In post 7006, OceanWind wrote:b) why confusion that stemmed from this mistake was resolved in a way that penalized the team that wasn't at fault.

Kinda hard to magically count the vote after it never being counted.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #7008 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Yeah, should have counted in the first place is the point
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #7009 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I will make sure that this particular situation never happens again in a game I mod. I was depending too much on the vote counter.

Given what did transpire vote-wise and vote count-wise both my reviewer/backup mod (bork) and the large theme List Mod (GuyInFreezer) recommended the solution that I went with. Prior to getting their feedback, I was leaning toward calling the game. Which would also be bad and frustrating for the players.

It won't happen again.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”