MAFIACEPTION GAME OVER! Flawless Victory!

Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 4303, Wickedestjr wrote:Good game! I was going to give props to specific players, but came to realize that I couldn't ignore anyone here. Everybody played awesome!

I wish I could have gotten involved sooner (the majority of my time in this game was probably during the night) but I still enjoyed reading through this incredible win.

Thanks for the game Glork!

At least i had better reads than any of you
I guessed the whole mafia like get on my level
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 4325, Donempire wrote:get on my level
You were in the outergame. So actually, most of us were on a deeper level than you were...
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

6/10
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Fro99er »

13/21
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Damn.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Ricastle »

Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Donempire »

kek
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:46 am

Post by Glork »

Best post game discussion ever.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 4312, Fro99er wrote:
In post 2720, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 2718, Fro99er wrote:
In post 2709, MarioManiac4 wrote:Post alone makes me think Porochaz is town. Why does Titus scum point out fence-sitting by her own partner? Like I don't see her doing that.

What about Ranger you guys???

Y u no trust the 1-shot scumtell?

Because Ranger is probably mafia

Both right!

BTW the 1-shot scumtell was 2 for 2 this game.

That's like 90% accuracy now.

Honestly look up how often I say it, I wouldn't include mine in your percentages.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

There are a few things about this game I want to comment on but I need my laptop.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

Alright, some thoughts.

Firstly, this was one of the worst games I played on site. Im really sorry for my play, I would like to say a lot of what I said was true, I was really extremely upset by farside, but I overreacted and I understand why she said what she did. That said, there are ways to deal with it and come to the same conclusions.

Second, my slip wasn't really a slip, I genuinely got mixed up between Bulba and Drixx (?) I can't remember now. But I did look it up and he did say he wasn't in the outer level, but there was no way to kind of portray that without looking scummier.

Third, I always find it very difficult to play with ABR, it's a playstyle clash. My case on him was at least somewhat some of the same points I would have used against him as town. (although I probably wouldn't want to vote him) For instance the bigging up of his own day 1 play was horrible. The unvote when I was about to hammer was pretty crap as well. I didn't follow the game after, but I seem to see he did a lot more for town afterwards. I need to follow through with my thoughts that he needs to be killed off early on, because despite my anger at his play at times, he can be a great asset when he is on form. (or a great detractor when he isn't, which is why I didn't push for his death more day 1)

As for me, I made some really shit posts, I don't know what the fuck I was doing with Ricastle at the start. I had actively decided I was going to play this against my usual play, I have no idea why, Im usually better as scum than town. My scum game is pretty on point at the moment so why I thought I had to play so differently. But people saw through my backtracking and I should have been lynched a lot earlier. I'm just glad that I managed to hold on a lot longer than I thought I would. Cheetory was an excellent player, although after tonight Im going to disappear for a while, I hope, if I return (Ill be around for Weather Mafia, see the first one, for an example of my good scum play) I really want to play with him again. I don't think I could argue with him. Or CO, I enjoyed playing with you again, I think there was a lot of pedantry in the case against me and a lot that was dependant on point of view, but again I tied myself in knots trying to argue what was a straight forward case.

Fro99er was a good player as well, if he can focus on his reads a bit more. The mollie influence can be clearly seen there, which is interesting. I was enjoying "logical mollie". Probably not a great idea to be giving advice considering my play this game, but if you are pursuing avenues that's fine, but throwing your vote all over the place makes your stances look weak and inconsistent, if you weren't so obviously town for other reasons, I would have been all over that. It works more for mollie who is a very emotional player (although YMMV) and is sometimes a bit of a wildcard. For a logical player, like yourself, it undermines your opinions. But you played a good town game. I want to play you with the roles reversed.

As for the scum team, I don't want to berate them, but it just wasn't there. I know a few players in the list, farside, marquis, CO, ABR when he's on form, Tammy, all strong players and was a little dismayed when I saw that I had a lot of newer players and had I didn't even really understand. There wasn't very much gelling, and I watched as pepto and titus started connecting to one another very obviously, then I got roped into that, which we very messily tried to rectify with my horrible post against Titus but I really did not know what to do with her post highlighting the fact that I wasn't making a statement against her. But it was from about that moment that I knew as soon as one of us went, all three of us would go. I had hoped that if I kept distancing myself (bussing is very definitely my weakness in scumgames) it would do something. I was sad Molla and Starbuck weren't able to do more, I really like playing with Molla, but yeah... Starbuck Im sad had to replace out. I'm against players replacing into the same slot/game that they were in, so was a bit gutted when dong came back (sorry dong) for some reason I think that looks hella scummy. But as I was lynched soon after I didn't see how he defended himself, but that was going to be difficult.

That's not to take away from the town, you guys did very well.

Despite that, I do feel the setup was fairly town sided. There was a lot of investigative/power roles in town, and we needed some more power to try and ascertain inner game folk at the very least, we did have a investigative role of our own, but it wasn't all that helpful. We needed to root out and find at least 4 inner game townies and get 2 lynched - no easy feat, and whilst the first part turned out to be easier than expected, the latter was extremely hard. (ironically if I had kept with my fakeclaim ideas, I would have got 7/7 but I think someone in the mafia thread said not frogger which got me doubting myself, we did know katsuki for fact, and I went with all the claimed folk) The game was also decided very early on. With extra power with each level won, there had to be something to counteract that to keep the game running. The end of day 1 I had lost all hope of winning. Part of that was due to my play, and that I knew that there would be two more scum lynches day 2/3, the end of day 2, town were figuring out the setup and by that point, we really couldn't even lie effectively or get out of it. (although my fake claim was a highlight for me, I did enjoy the chaos I caused - even if I was dumb and stated the two unknowns in my death post essentially further confirming them but not sure if anyone noticed that and it was spiffeh/frogger so they were widely regarded as town anyway)

Yeah, Im looking at the setup that was revealed in the first post now, and even if everyone else was vt, the town power that died is almost overpowered on it's own without conditional victory conditions and Tammy's role. We did fall into every trap and town played their roles well (Tammy, Drixx) but I don't think scum could have won this. At least without town absolutely imploding.

I mean, once again, town played really well, and probably do deserve a scummy for this one, mafia played poorly, I played one of my worst games in a long time and it was modded as always excellently by Glork, so even if I felt this was balanced, I don't think the result would have been much different but yeah, I'm sorry for my play to both mod and players, I do hope I get to play with some of you again in better circumstances. Spiffeh I think you are one of the better newer players on site - in my game and this one, cheetory, I said it above, you were great this game.

I don't want to seem bitter, I should have enjoyed this game and I should have enjoyed this player list, but personal circumstances, poor play and being generally burnt out made it an issue. I think town did genuinely well, and I think with a bit of tweaking this could be a great setup, I needed to play to my usual meta, especially against people like ABR and Tammy, who know me, and I still don't know why I didn't :/

Thanks for the game and I hope to play with most of you again on a better day.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

Holy long essay batman.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 4336, Porochaz wrote:I would have been all over that.

And it wouldn't have worked because my scum game is completely different.

I have never been mislynched aside from my very first newbie game.

Ever.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 4336, Porochaz wrote:It works more for mollie who is a very emotional playe

Um, that's exactly what I am.

I am emotional but I also use logic.

It's a weird mix
Heil King Froggo.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Great play by Mario. Easily countered my crappy reads all game. Very glad I didn't bother trying, since all my scumreads were town, and I had at least some town feelings about most of the scum.

Thanks for the game!!

Happy New Year!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 4340, PeregrineV wrote:since all my scumreads were town

looking at your iso, you voted all scum. who were your scumreads then?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 477, Donempire wrote:
In post 474, Gorkington wrote:i dont think mario is scum -.-

Why?
Does he helps the game process?
No.
He sits on his ass all day, then opwns a tab to look at this game then decides to post.
If thats our standart for towniness, then no wonder this game is screwed.

:cool:
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4341, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 4340, PeregrineV wrote:since all my scumreads were town

looking at your iso, you voted all scum. who were your scumreads then?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=64123

Farside and Drixx and Ricastle and Dongempire were varying scumreads.

Titus, Poro, Ranger, Frogger were various townreads.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”