Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

The reasoning being scum (elyse) would know for a fact that I was town and not have to deal with the uncertainty that everyone else did. In other words, scum knew my alignment and didn't have to deal with wifom and thus knew the correct action immediately with no hesitation, which is exactly what elyse did.

PEdit: She did fall for it, I did catch her, I just couldn't get anyone to listen to me.

Skaters might not have been the right name for it, but you get the idea
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:41 pm

I would have hammered Elyse at any point in the game with no hesitation and shut her down in lylo. Don't get me wrong. I tried changing my reads to see if agreeing with people on some people would get them to listen to me on others, so I swapped a lot and it got me nowhere. It was actually distracting and probably helped scum far more than town, at that point I needed a lynch. But I didn't for one second think elyse was town
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by T S O »

But I also thought you were scummy. And I was town.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by T S O »

I suppose the point you're making is that I hesitated about it, whereas she did not, but... scum can be hesitant, just as town can be reckless. The tell amounts to a guessing game. I did not even notice you doing it this game - my comments are more directed towards Jaqen, who was apparently doing it, but possibly not.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 4172, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 4166, T S O wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Slayer's Gambit is a giant crock of shit?

Also based on the wording in the last paragraph you aren't the only one who thinks it's just an excuse to act scummy, if that's what you meant, although I assure you my play was intentional.

PEdit: I moved on the theory that null alignment/town would jump on lynchbait or someone acting strange/out of place, and scum would jump on for town cred.

So my tips to get people to believe.
-address peoples points against you instantly and try not to dance around them. (you kinda danced around mine)
-Try to avoid arguing terminology
-eliminate as much possible town reasoning of why they could do it as possible.
-avoid making yourself looking scummy on purpose then using that to try and convince others that the people who jumped onto you were scum. Slayers is bad.
-Try not to be perceived as crazy by offering solid logic and possible reasoning as to why this person did that.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Garmr »

Also eagle what about the type of players who like to interrogate players and build cases against them before they vote. They would always get positive results on your test.

Or the yolo players as town would always get negative results.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

In post 4178, T S O wrote:I suppose the point you're making is that I hesitated about it, whereas she did not, but... scum can be hesitant, just as town can be reckless. The tell amounts to a guessing game. I did not even notice you doing it this game - my comments are more directed towards Jaqen, who was apparently doing it, but possibly not.

Did you miss the entire RVS section of the game where I pulled this? She wasn't scum because she thought I was scummy, she was scum because she DIDN'T think I was scummy. I didn't vote and then I acted strangely about it, provocatively even, and Titus and quite a few others were wary about me. I set myself up as lynchbait, knowing town should think I'm scummy/strange, but Elyse didn't do this, instead of saying this, she voted Garmr when Garmr voted for me, going for the towncred protecting town, knowing I was town beforehand.
In post 4179, Garmr wrote:
In post 4172, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 4166, T S O wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Slayer's Gambit is a giant crock of shit?

Also based on the wording in the last paragraph you aren't the only one who thinks it's just an excuse to act scummy, if that's what you meant, although I assure you my play was intentional.

PEdit: I moved on the theory that null alignment/town would jump on lynchbait or someone acting strange/out of place, and scum would jump on for town cred.

So my tips to get people to believe.
-address peoples points against you instantly and try not to dance around them. (you kinda danced around mine)
-Try to avoid arguing terminology
-eliminate as much possible town reasoning of why they could do it as possible.
-avoid making yourself looking scummy on purpose then using that to try and convince others that the people who jumped onto you were scum. Slayers is bad.
-Try not to be perceived as crazy by offering solid logic and possible reasoning as to why this person did that.

Haha, yeah I see what you mean, that's like all my play, though.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

TSO Elyse fell for gambit because she didn't vote for me, she voted for garmr when garmr voted for me.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Elyse was also scummy because literally all she did was echo everyone else, because klingon flipped scum and when klingon was scum instead of jumping on elyse, she scum read titus and aj for scum reading her but ignored elyse, didn't bring her up at all. Elyse claimed the whole time she was a leading head on klingon wagon, but for some strange reason Klingon was OMGUSing hard and somehow missed Elyse? Elyse didn't really take super strong stances, she just kind of echoed whatever top town was (you or titus) and voted pretty much where you voted.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Elyse played like she had no mind of her own and that made her scum as well.
"@EE
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 4164, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 45, Elyse wrote:EE is going to be a fucking nightmare postgame.

Why?

---

On another note, I'm glad I drew not one, not two, but three jails. Gave town PRs room to work, so at least that part of my play was pro-town. Lol

You got rekt Eagle stfu
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Elyse »

Oh I forgot I quoted that.

Because you "caught me" for the wrong reasons. The reason I voted Garmr was to bus him. It had nothing to do with you.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Elyse »

You just happened to be the one who Garmr was voting.

Also stop acting like I was obvscum. You couldn't lynch me. And I call bs on changing your read to gain traction. If you really did that, that's idiotic because you'll never gain traction by flip flopping your read so much.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:43 pm

LOL Elyse do you feel better about yourself now?
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:45 pm

YOu and garmr amaze me. You win a game and you still need to be told "good job, you did good" and if anyone else says "oh I think I might ahve done something good here, I just need to fix here" then you have to make sure that they're put back in their place because you and only you two are good players and since we lost, everything we did was HORRIBAD and we should never play this way again.

Listen, I said I respect your play. It was very good. Good job. Ok? I'm however, perfectly allowed, to reflect on my play and examine in the open without being crapped on by your insecurities
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:47 pm

You played an excellent game, Elyse. Your play was not without mistakes. Getting caught is getting caught and I'm not going to justify my reasons to you just so that you feel like you had a perfect game. You didn't. You played an excellent game, perhaps one of the best I've ever seen (not that that's saying much) but that doesn't make you infallible or your play without mistakes
"@EE
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I thought Eagle lynch was one of the worst in the game.
Maybe next to alchemist.

It was just built on so much bad shit.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Elyse »

I'm not saying I played a perfect game and I don't care if you reflect on your play. But saying that I played like I had no mind of my own and fell for your gambit are lies so I'm going to call you out.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Haters gonna hate Elyse

I knew you were destined for great things when I saw your Alyson Hannigan
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Elyse »

Ty :lol:
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Let me put it this way: Town lost. The scum won. Largely because of the efforts of Elyse and Garmr. Excellent scum play, both of you. There is no possible way you could have known for a fact who each role was. There was no way you could have known that I was not worth it to jailkeep, or that someone else wasn't worth it to jailkeep. It was highly unlikely you would figure out exactly what pr what each town was. That would be madness, almost impossible and incredibly lucky on your part. Your play was incredible. You had me going insane to the point where my play became incredibly anti-town and you did an amazing job making sure you were town read until the end. I think the way you bussed Klingon was really solid and had almost everyone convinced you were dead town. You will never convince anyone. I was the lucky one this time to get some stuff right. Another time it will be someone else. There will ALWAYS be someone who knows. But you played it off really well, so well that no one would believe me. That might be partly my fault but I think a lot of it was your excellent play.

Me pointing out that I was jailkept is me taking solace in the fact that part of my play WASN"T incredibly anti-town, that I did something right. Another thing I did correct was catch Elyse (and Garmr, partially.) IMO a ridiculous amount of my play outside of that was distracting and detrimental to town.

PEdit: I mean, if you say so. *shrugs* Caught scum is caught scum
"@EE
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 4189, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:YOu and garmr amaze me. You win a game and you still need to be told "good job, you did good" and if anyone else says "oh I think I might ahve done something good here, I just need to fix here" then you have to make sure that they're put back in their place because you and only you two are good players and since we lost, everything we did was HORRIBAD and we should never play this way again.

Listen, I said I respect your play. It was very good. Good job. Ok? I'm however, perfectly allowed, to reflect on my play and examine in the open without being crapped on by your insecurities

Eagle that's not what happened. You were bagging elyses play and implying that she was obvious scum even through she made it end game and won. Your argument that you bring end game are not the ones you presented in the game and are all retrospect ones that you can figure out by looking from a spoiled perspective.

Your reasoning was wrong on why we were scum because even through we did actions the thought process was wrong like your slayers gambit it didn't catch anyone because town and scum alike scum read you for it (we legit thought you were scum at one point read the scum thread). It's ok to catch scum for the wrong reasons as long you continue to hunt for more clues in game and then catch them out and lynch them with right reasoning (or be able to conveince others of the wrong reasons lol). But you didn't end up doing that.

I honestly don't think you understand the way you word things and cultivate this story post game where you make yourself out to be a super genius (I don't know if you are trying to convince yourself or others) and devalue others play by cutting off bits and adding reasoning for our play even if it isn't why we did the things we did. It comes off as very pretentious and offensive to players so when I realized that you probably didn't do it on purpose I decided to say sorry and let bygones be bygones. Of course people initial response is going to be hey that's not what happened and stand up for themselves.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:49 pm

You're welcome to think what you wish, Garmr. Your decision to attempt to deceive yourself is yours to make alone.
"@EE
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 4198, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:You're welcome to think what you wish, Garmr. Your decision to attempt to deceive yourself is yours to make alone.

Look I was just telling you why people are having a negative reaction to you and not any of the other town players. It happened more than once (with me and elyse) and with just you alone not tso,anneinen or random. Think about that for a second. I honestly don't think you understand what you have done wrong and don't think you will listen if I describe in depth.

Just take this this way just be careful how you present your analysis in future if you want to avoid arguments. That's the most helpful things I can say and you will listen to at the moment to be honest.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”