AFIA

GAME STATUS:
GAME OVER
SCUM WIN

DEADLINE:
Nope.

YHARNAM REGISTER (FULL PLAYER LIST):
Spoiler:
Mixed6 (Albert B. Rampage & Zorblag Hydra)
Heuristic_Arrow (Ircher & Heuristically_Alone Hydra)
Rylai and Lina (Shiro & Frozen Angel Hydra)
Hastur and Muriel (SugarJan & HobbesDuncan Hydra)
Reasonably Irrational (Cerberusv666 & Elbirn Hydra)
Klingoncelt
Daenerys and Dragons (SirCakez & lilith2013 Hydra)
Nahdia
House
Xkyfu

Shadow_Step
Randomidget
Zulfy
PeregrineV
Sensei
Bogre
Dwlee99
Gee Willikers

Toogeloo
Ranger
Shinobi
Liger_Zero
Fire Assassin

Almost50
Patches the Spider

THOSE WHO STILL DREAM (ALIVE):
Spoiler:
Hastur and Muriel (SugarJan & HobbesDuncan Hydra)
Reasonably Irrational
Klingoncelt
Nahdia
PeregrineV
Ranger
Shinobi
Patches the Spider

THE GRAVEYARD (DEAD):
Spoiler:
Bogre was lynched on Day 1. He
Ebrietas
, aligned with
The Cosmos
Sensei was killed on Night 1. He was
Micolash
, aligned with
Yharnam
Rylai and Lina was killed on Day 2. They were
Brador
, aligned with
Yharnam
Heuristic_Arrow was lynched on Day 2. They were
Vicar Amelia
, aligned with
Yharnam
Mixed6 was killed on Night 2. They were
Taciturn Hunter, Henryk
, aligned with
Yharnam
Zulfy was lynched on Day 3. He was
Eileen the Crow
, aligned with
Yharnam
Almost50 was killed on Night 3. He was
Simon, the Harrowed Hunter
, aligned with
Yharnam
Daenerys and Dragons was killed on Night 3. They were
Rom, the Vacuous Spider
, aligned with
Yharnam
Liger_Zero was lynched on Day 4. He was
Alfred, Church Executioner
, aligned with
Yharnam
Shadow_Step was killed on Night 4. He was
Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower
, aligned with
Yharnam
Randomidget was killed on Night 4. He was
Iosefka, the Imposter Doctor
, aligned with
Yharnam
Reasonably Irrational was slain on Day 5. The nature of his role has been obscured.
Dwlee99 was killed on Night 5. He was
Father Gasciogne
, aligned with
Yharnam
House was lynched on Day 6. He was
The Suspicious Beggar
, aligned with
Yharnam
Toogeloo was killed on Night 6. He was
Valtr, Master of the League
, aligned with
Yharnam

BEYOND THE PALE (MODKILLED):
Spoiler:
No one, and I aim to keep it that way.

THE MESSENGER'S SCROLL (GAME EVENTS):
Spoiler: DAY 1-4

Spoiler: DAY 5-8
DAY FIVE:
DAY SIX:
DAY SEVEN:
DAY EIGHT:
Votecount 5.0
Votecount 5.01 : LYNCH
Reasonably Irrational was lynched.
Dwlee99 was killed.
...Does anyone even read these?
I feel as though my efforts are pointless.
Nothing Pls no
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:04 am, edited 72 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

GAME RULES

SPECIAL MECHANICS:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
How does the transform mechanic on weapons work?
Weapons all have two abilities;
The regular ability is the first one listed and it tied to your vote. To use it, use the bolded voting tag [WEAPON NAME: Player Name].
The Transformed ability is the second one listed and usually confers a special mechanic. To use it, use the bolded voting tag [TRANSFORMED WEAPON NAME: Player Name].
The distinction between these abilities is important--you can't use both at once. Furthermore, the 'Transformed' abilities of weapons will typically offer either different functionality or some sort of 'combo' with the effects granted by the regular ability weapons have.

I see that there are Neighborhoods that people can have in this game, including the The Hunter's Party. How are these different than the Nightmare PTs?
Normal Neighborhoods and The Hunter's Party may end--Nightmare PTs never end.
You can only communicate in normal Neighborhoods as long as you are alive--Nightmare PTs allow you to continue to communicate in the Nightmare PT after death.
You can only be in a single Nightmare PT at any time--you may be in as many other Neighborhoods as you like.
You are forced to join Nightmare PTs and, under most conditions, you can not leave--Bold Hunters Mark and other effects may allow you to leave Neighborhood PTs.
Nightmare PTs will have NIGHTMARE EVENTS--host triggered one-shot flavor-heavy events that affect members of the Nightmare PT. Regular Neighborhoods don't feature Nightmare Events.
Can players decline an invitation to a Nightmare PT?
No. You are forced into a Nightmare PT.
What interacts with our anonymous nightly message? Does it count as a night action?
Nothing interacts with the nightly anonymous message you may send. It does not count as a submitted night action--you may submit it along any other action. This message can not be blocked, redirected, tracked, or interacted with in any way.
Regarding the "Exceeds 3" rule for Nightmare PTs--this means I can push it over 3 and then must invite myself the next time I can invite? So, if I could invite multiple players at night, let's say I can invite up to three members on N1, and then on N2 I could invite two people and be at 5 members. And N3 I have to invite myself?
That is correct. You are not 'forced' to invite yourself, but you CAN NOT invite anyone else before first inviting yourself if you are a Nightmare PT Host and your Nightmare PT exceeds 3 members.
Some effects refer to doubling your votes, such as SAW CLEAVER, which reads "Your votes count as double against players with any Beasthood." Would this also double the effects of a [BOLT] prefix?
No--it only doubles your named votes. Prefixes always add votes on after the fact.

Any time something refers to doubling 'your' votes, this ONLY refers to your NAMED votes. All players, by default, command a singular Named Vote.
Prefixes add on to named votes AFTER they have been multiplied by other effects.
For instance, let's say I have purchased the BLOOD ROCK and I have a BOLT PAPER and I use the following vote tags:
VOTE: Drixx
BOLT TRANSFORMED KIRKHAMMER: Drixx.

What happens here is that I am laying 2 flat votes on Drixx with my regular vote, then
I am using the Transformed Kirkhammer to double these votes and add the BOLT prefix to add an extra vote on.
The votecount would reflect:
Drixx (5):
Bolt Varsoon
Saw Cleaver+Oil Urn+Fire Paper=how many votes versus someone with beasthood, assuming 1 vote base? Cleaver would be one. Fire would add 2 more. Fire would be doubled by the Urn. so 4. Cleaver would be doubled by their beasthood, so 6 total? Or Does the urn double ALL the votes that come from the fire related vote? Making it 8?
Oil Urn only affects the next incoming [FIRE] vote.
So, the sequence would be
Oil Urn to DOUSE the target
FIRE PAPER + SawCleaver Vote
This would result in 6 votes against the player, although it would only be reflected in the VC as 5 due to how Saw Cleaver works.

This is a pretty massive one-shot resource investment, but it would really ruin a BEASTHOOD player's day.
This is by design.
Go, Hunt, Kill beasts.
If a player has not purchased Bolt Paper or Fire Paper with insight and they make a vote along the lines of

Bolt vote: Player

would that show up in the vote count as a normal vote, show up as a bolt vote incorrectly, or would it be ignored and not show up at all?
It would be ignored and not show up at all.
Since town gain Insight from slaying scum, after a Lynch on scum, what's stopping us from forcing every player on the lynch to spend their earned insight on a Flame Paper or Bolt Paper and then use it to prove they earned Insight, thus proving they are town?
I specifically designed the game in such a way that by having every player on a wagon 'confirm' that they are town for slaying scum and receiving 1 insight that they then spend on a confirmable item like Bolt Paper or Fire Paper won't work. Some of the ruts in this plan include:
Scum have a hidden means of gaining Insight.
Beasthood holders, who may be town, can not gain Insight.
Players involved in the Hunter's Party that conquers Chalice Dungeons gain Insight.
There may be other roles or effects that afford players insight or, even, Bolt Paper or Fire Paper.
As I said in the introduction--I highly discourage such approaches to this game. Assuming this game can be won with 'safe' play (such as a seeming mechanical trump) is very likely to backfire due to the design of the setup.
How would a consumable like the pebble which doesn't explicitly give a use tag be used, but does have a publicly obvious effect get used. It might say in the rules earlier that I forgot or missed, but would that be done via PM or publicly? If it is done via PM do the results show up in just the vote count or would there be some other notification?
Any items purchased from the Bath Messenger Shop with Blood Echoes must be used publicly unless denoted otherwise.
In order to use the item, you just post in the thread with the item's name and your target in bold and on its own line. In the case of the pebble;
PEBBLE: Drixx

These are all public actions and will be reflected publicly as well.
Notably, the Monocle and the Bold Hunter's Mark may be purchased and used privately if the player so desires.

Are the Nightmare PTs are predetermined? How do I know if I am a Host or even a member?
Your role either does or does not begin as a Host or as a Member of any Nightmare PT--it will be written on your role PM if you do.
Nightmare PTs have predetermined HOSTS who, by default, do not start as members.
Hosts know who they are.

Once invited to a Nightmare PT, is there any way to refuse to join it or to leave?
Hosts can force players, including themselves, to join their nightmare PTs.
Once chosen to be a part of a Nightmare PT, you can not decline or leave under normal circumstances.

What Chalice Dungeons are available to the players?
There are many Chalice Dungeons in the game of Bloodborne--this mafia game will mirror the game of Bloodborne but not all of those dungeons will be available to visit from the start. The Chalice Dungeons available will be made clear when Day 1 begins.

What's the difference between our normal vote and our vote for the Master of the Hunt?
During the day you have your normal voting action which operates similar to how voting in any other game works.
You also can vote for the 'Master of the Hunt'--your vote for the Master of the Hunt may never be altered in any way and will always be accepted.
See the general 'During the Day' rules for more info on how votes operate.
Is the Messenger's Gift's effect indefinite? For example, if someone bought and used it Day 1 then never casted a vote or used an action until Day 5, would they remain treestumped until Day 5 or would it wear out eventually?
I've made the item description more explicit--its effects wear out at the end of the day phase.
Another thing that should be made explicit is that all of the items from the Blood Echo shop, unless stated otherwise, are publicly purchased during day phases, publicly used during day phases, and can only be used during day phases.
Will you still answer questions after the game starts?
Yes, but only if you directly ask me a question and it's either about your own role, any flipped role, or the public mechanics.
The goal of the Prequel phase, other than resolving some actions that players may have, is to answer as many questions as possible as early on as I can.
I'd prefer if everyone was very familiar with the setup and their own role going into D1, rather than having to ask questions or realize something doesn't work the way they think it does several phases into the game.
For the single message sent each night that everyone gets to send through the moderator do we have a reason to be certain that it will reach the intended player and that it will not be read by others?

Additionally, is there a reason to be certain that the contents of the messages will not be modified assuming they do not violate one of the rules of the game?
Unless otherwise stated, nothing affects those messages. Someone would have to have a unique role-based power that specifically allows them to interact with the mechanic. Normal role interactions, such as ascetic, redirector, etc. would not interact with the mechanic.

So, under most circumstances, expect your message to be delivered exactly how you send it so long as it does not break the rules of the game.
Can Monocular be used to spy into Hydra PT's?
No, Hydra PTs exist independent of all the game's mechanics.
When do the Anonymous Messages sent at night resolve and get sent?
I resolve them at the end of the night phase and send them out after all other actions have resolved.
Are the banked insight bonuses cumulative?
Yes.
How would numbing mist be used during the night? Does it have a specific time it resolves during the night phase or is it in effect as soon as the PM gets received?
During the Night Phase, Numbing Mist works in NAR as a blocking action.
Does a simple vote count as an action, and therefore numbing mist would block (non-hammer?) votes for the day if used on a player?
Votes count as 'Voting Actions'. Unless something says it specifically interacts with a vote or voting action, then it will not.

Numbing Mist only interacts with normal actions--not Voting Actions.
Assuming that there are Trackers/Watchers in the game, would they see someone sending the anonymous message that everyone gets to send?
No. No role-related ability, unless specifically stated, interacts with those messages.
Referring to the Shop's rule of "YOU MAY ONLY EVER HAVE TWO WEAPONS AT A TIME."
Does this mean that once you get two weapons, you can never change them out?
No--if there is ever a conflict of interests with items in this game (such as weapons, armor, etc.) you will get to choose which one you want to keep. So, if you want to purchase a third weapon or you happen to be find one, you can always make a decision to lose one of your previous weapons in its place.
Kirkhammer - Your vote may never be affected by any other player's power.
TRANSFORM: If you are voting for a player before activating this ability, you may double your votes on that player. - 10,000

This one. Say you submitted a ton of votes with a different weapon, then the transformed kirkhammer. Could that lead to an instant lynch?
I should make it more explicit, but Kirkhammer only doubles votes that have been submitted with the Kirkhammer.
The idea is that you go [KIRKHAMMER: Playername].
Then you can follow with [TRANSFORMED KIRKHAMMER: Playername] to double your named votes on that player.
I'll make sure to make this more explicit in the game topic.
How about pebble into pungent blood cocktail? Does this make it do the targets next voting action is guaranteed to be wasted?
Yes. The idea is that you throw a pebble at someone to coax them into attacking you, only to intoxicate and sidewind them with a cocktail of pungent blood.

Would the neighborhood created by Small Resonant Bell/Make Contact be different depending on the item used? For example, would you be notified, "someone used a Small Resonant Bell on you!" or "someone used Make Contact on you!" or what?
There would be no distinction. If someone used the Bell or Make Contact, if successful, you would be sent a PM letting you know that you now have access to a neighborhood with the other player.
If a Host triggers a Nightmare Event, are they guaranteed to not have a night action the next night?
Yes, unless they have some other action that can be submitted regardless of actions taken. For instance, the Anonymous Messages in this game can always be sent regardless of what actions you take.
Is there a length limit on the anonymous messages?
Not at all! In the game of Bloodborne, Messengers Scrolls were only capable of transmitting a sentence or two of modular warnings or phrases. I think it's more interesting for this game if you can write whatever you like.
If a Master of the Hunt doesn't choose a Chalice Dungeon to investigate or Party, what happens?
Then those things don't happen.
I'm a bit confused by how the process of choosing a Party/Dungeon, then actually investigating it goes. It looks to me like a Master picks a party and dungeon one night, then investigates it the next night. So in essence the party can only go to a dungeon every other night. Is this correct or no?
Not at all. Here's the process of events.
Day 1 - There is already a Huntmaster with a selected Party and Chalice Ritual. Everyone votes on the next Huntmaster.
Night 1 - The Huntmaster and Party from D1 explore the chosen Chalice Dungeon. The elected Huntmaster chooses a Party and Chalice Ritual.
Day 2 - Everyone votes on the next Huntmaster.
Night 2 - The Huntmaster and Party from D2 explore the chosen Chalice Dungeon. The elected Huntmaster chooses a Party and Chalice Ritual.
So on and so forth.
What counts as an Armor, Garb or "set"?
None of these can be purchased in the store as of this time, but there will be Armor/Garb/Sets--essentially, protective clothing that likely confer some sort of passive, defensive bonus.
What does the Music Box do?
It plays music.
Does the Executioner's Glove have unlimited shots per day? For example if I had it could I use it on every single player at once during the same day since the votes never go away?
It has unlimited shots but it does not work in the way you think it does.
It works as most voting actions work--if you vote for someone else with the EXECUTIONER'S GLOVE tag, then your old EXECUTIONER'S GLOVE votes go away. The line about 'These votes are independent of any other votes you cast and will stay on the player even if you unvote or vote differently' refers explicitly to other voting actions you take. So, you could vote for someone with the Executioner's Gloves and then lay a regular vote on someone else and the Executioner's Gloves vote won't disappear.
Can I use more than one insight-based action per night? For instance, if I had 5 insight, can I use the actions associated with having 2, 3, 4, and 5 insight every night, or am I only able to use one of them? Can I choose, or is it the exact amount we have (that is, I can only use the 5 insight one when I have 5 insight)?
You can use all the actions up to the amount you have banked--you earn those cumulatively.
As far as actually using them, only the actions tied to 4, 6, and 7 insight count as your definitive action submitted for the night.
The actions tied to 2, 3, and 5 Insight all happen regardless of what other actions you perform and do not inhibit you from performing other actions.
Do the actions based on 'Banked' Insight use up Insight to use?
No. Think of Insight as a resource that you can either save up to gain a suite of powers or spend in order to pick up powerful, mostly 1-shot abilities from the Insight Shop.
Are Blood Echoes rewarded for lynches split between players or does each player get blood echoes equal to the role's value?
Every player on the lynch gets the value equal to the role's value.

JUST GO OUT AND KILL A FEW BEASTS. IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Spoiler:
Several of the unique mechanics in Bloodborne Mafia will refer to a player being 'Slain'.
Any successfully resolved kill or a lynch will result in a player being 'Slain'--this does not necessarily mean that the player is dead, merely that the kill or lynch was successful. In most cases, Slain players will remain dead.
All players that were on a wagon that led to a player being 'Slain' and all players that submitted a kill against a player the night that the player is killed will be rewarded as if they have 'Slain' a player.

OVER TIME, COUNTLESS HUNTERS HAVE VISITED THIS DREAM.
Spoiler:
This game will feature several Private Topics that will be referred to as 'NIGHTMARE PTs'.
Every Nightmare PT will have a 'Host' player that can always view the PT and will be capable of inviting new players.
The Host of the Nightmare PT will be private information and the Host themselves may not post in their Nightmare PT unless they invite themselves to it.
Nightmare PTs MUST contain the Host as an invited target if they ever exceed 3 members.
Nightmare PTs may have events that are triggered by the Host of those Nightmares.
Nightmare PTs persist after the Host is slain.
Nightmare PTs allow dead members to continue to communicate after death.
Nightmare PTs all allow for NIGHTMARE EVENTS that are flavor-heavy actions that will affect all members of their respective Nightmare PT.
NIGHTMARE EVENTS may only happen once unless specified otherwise.
NIGHTMARE EVENTS must be triggered during the day phase preceding the Night that they will take place--they will often count as the submitted Night Action for that Night as well. In this way, a triggered NIGHTMARE EVENT will always happen even if the appropriate Host is slain on the day that the event is triggered.
Players may only ever be a member of any single Nightmare PT.
If a player is already a member of a Nightmare PT and is invited to another, the invitation will fail.
If a Host is already a member of a Nightmare PT other than their own, then they may still invite themselves to their own Nightmare PT.
If a Host is a member of their own Nightmare PT, invitations to join other Nightmare PTs will fail.

THE MESSENGERS FIND HUNTERS LIKE YOURSELF, WORSHIP, AND SERVE THEM.
Spoiler:
During the Night Phase, every single player has the ability to privately send a single, anonymous message to another target player.
You may indicate your identity in these messages or even lie about your identity--I will be the one delivering the message, though.
This ability may be used in addition to any other abilities used and may not be affected by any other abilities in the game.
There is no dead thread in Bloodborne Mafia.
Even if a player is dead, they may still send these messages, even from the grave.

THE FIRST HUNTER OF THE HEALING CHURCH ONCE RECRUITED YHARNAMITES TO SERVE AS HUNTERS.

Spoiler:
The game will begin with a predetermined 'Master of the Hunt'.
During each day phase, all players in the game may vote for a player to be the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
Any mechanic that affects voting does not affect voting towards electing the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
In order to submit a vote for the next Master of the Hunt, use the bolded tag [HUNTMASTER VOTE: Player Name].
Whenever the day phase ends, whichever player has the most votes will be the next Master of the Hunt.
In the case of a tie, the previous Master of the Hunt will remain Master of the Hunt.
Being Master of the Hunt confers a handful of mechanical benefits:
Unlike the Adventure Mechanic in my previous game, being Master of the Hunt confers absolutely no protective bonuses.
The game is balanced around the Master of the Hunt being a high-priority target.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select a Chalice Dungeon to investigate.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select up to three other players to join him in investigating the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose no players to join him, but doing so may render him unable to defeat the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose to pursue no Chalice Dungeon at all--he may still rally a party regardless.
The Hunter's Party, the chosen Chalice Ritual, and the Master of the Hunt will always be public information.
The Hunter's Party and the Master of the Hunt will be granted a private topic to chat in during all game phases.
This private topic will be locked if any member of the Hunter's Party changes.
This private topic will be locked if Master of the Hunt dies or changes.

IF THE BEASTS LOOM LARGE, AND THREATEN TO CRUSH YOUR SPIRITS, SEEK THE HOLY CHALICE.
Spoiler:
Chalice Dungeons are ancient tombs that the Master of the Hunt and his Hunting Party may investigate.
Chalice Dungeons all have a depth rating; the higher the Depth Rating, the more dangerous and rewarding the Dungeon.
Chalice Dungeons may only be successfully cleared a single time. A failed Chalice Dungeon may be revisited, however.
During the Night after The Hunter's Party has been selected, the Master of the Hunt and all members of the Hunter's Party will enter the chosen Chalice Dungeon.
The Hunter's Party will be assigned a 'LineUp' with the Master of the Hunt in the 'front' and the other players proceeding in an order chosen by the Master of the Hunt.
Certain events in the Chalice Dungeons will affect different members of the LineUp.
The Chalice Dungeon will feature role-play heavy events, complete with a boss encounter.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always happen regardless of the role-play flavor.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always be detrimental to the players involved.
The Master of the Hunt may always 'back out' when faced with the detrimental effects of the Events or Bosses.
Every Chalice Dungeon will culminate in a Boss encounter.
If all of the players involved can muster enough votes, they will slay the boss.
Slaying a boss will reward all involved players adequately.
The Master of the Hunt will always receive a more potent reward.
If the boss is not slain, all players are simply given a lesser reward.
If the boss is slain, a new Chalice Dungeon will appear with more difficult challenges and more rewarding payouts.

MAKING CONTACT WITH ELDRITCH WISDOM IS A BLESSING.
Spoiler:
Throughout the game, players may earn a resource called 'Insight'.
Town-aligned players will earn Insight from slaying scum players.
Scum-aligned players will have a different, hidden means of earning Insight.
All players may earn Insight from various events in the game.
Insight may be spent to purchase a large variety of both public and private rewards, ranging from one-shot powers to permanent passive abilities.
Insight is spent privately, during any phase of the game, so long as the player has enough Insight to purchase what they want.
A player may also simply hold onto their Insight, effectively 'banking' it.
Depending on how much Insight is banked, a player will have access to a number of public mechanics.
There will also be several detrimental mechanics designed to punish those who bank their Insight.

THE DISCOVERY OF BLOOD ENTAILED THE DISCOVERY OF UNDESIRABLE BEASTS.
Spoiler:
Some players will not earn Insight.
Instead, these players will earn a resource called 'Beasthood'.
Beasthood is earned by slaying town players.
Beasthood may be spent in several ways, all of which will be unique to the player themselves.
There are several mechanics in the game designed to be a detriment to players who can carry Beasthood.

WE ARE BORN OF THE BLOOD, MADE MEN BY THE BLOOD, UNDONE BY THE BLOOD.
Spoiler:
Every single role in the game has an assigned 'Blood Echoes' value.
Upon being slain, the dead player will reward Blood Echoes to all of the players involved in slaying them.
Blood Echoes are a resource that exists solely to be spent.
There are two ways that Blood Echoes may be spent.
Blood Echoes may be spent on private rewards, tied to a player's role.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a purchase privately, they may do so.
Blood Echoes may be spent to purchase various weapons, armor, tools, and consumables from a public Bath Messenger store.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a public purchase, they must do so in the game thread, during the Day Phase.
Public Purchases are made on a single line of their own, with the bolded tag
PURCHASE: [ITEM NAME]
Whenever a non-consumable item is purchased publicly, it is removed from the Bath Messenger store forever.

GENERAL RULES:

Spoiler:
This game will start with a 'prequel' phase--during this time, all players will be given access to their PTs and some roles may even have specific abilities that can be used. Any players with access to a PT can chat during this phase.
Furthermore, the 'prequel' phase will serve as a time for players to ask about various mechanics and for me to give clear indication of how different things work so that there will be less confusion about the mechanics once the game starts.
The 'prequel' phase will last 72 hours.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
Prods of missing players will be issued after 72 hours of no activity. Also, players may request a prod on another player after 48 hours. Any player may be replaced if they fail to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded by me or within 48 hours of being prodded after a player-suggested prod. If the game turns to night before you can respond to your prod, PM me letting me know you still want to play.
No prods will be issued during Night.
A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
You may not quote private topic or other out-of-game discussion (such as Hydra chats) in the public game thread, regardless of if the quotes are real or fabricated. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
You can always copy and paste the full content of your own posts (outside of moderator communication) so long as it does not contain any links to where it came from or any timestamps.
You may only ever paraphrase posts by other players and this is also subject to the same link/timestamp restriction.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and approved QTs. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me immediately.

DURING THE DAY:

Spoiler:
Each Day will have a two-week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
Day Actions resolve as soon as I am capable of resolving them.
If you submit a day action publicly or privately but you do not want the action to take effect, you must PM me about the action cancellation as soon as you submit the action. If another player makes a post between when you submit the action and when you PM me about cancellation, I will not be able to cancel your day action.
If you have a Day Action that you may submit privately, I will allow you to 'queue' the action to resolve on a trigger such as "When the Day begins" or "If I ever am voted for."
If multiple Day Actions are queued to be resolved on the same trigger, I will resolve them according to NAR rules.
If you do not know when your action resolves in NAR, feel free to ask me.
A simple majority of votes relative to the number of living players is required for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
If the deadline runs out before a majority lynch is agreed on, the day will end in a no-lynch.
Players may vote for a No-Lynch via voting for 'No Lynch'.
Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
Votes should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: Player or VOTE: Player).
Vote revocations should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: UNVOTE: Player or Unvote). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
Votes/Unvotes must be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.
If you cast a Vote, doing so will remove all previous votes indicated with your name before the new vote is cast--in this way, a player who has a role-related ability to double vote will essentially 'unvote' before casting their new vote, rather than having a lingering double vote.
Your normal vote is a 'voting action' that is only affected by other actions that specifically interact with your vote.
In the case of specific votes (such as an ability that may put a vote called [Extra Vote] on a player), you must use specific tags to submit these votes AND to remove them if you want to unvote with just that [Extra Vote].
If you unvote, you will remove all votes that are clearly controlled by you in the votecount. Unvoting will not remove votes that can not be removed or votes that can only be submitted privately.
Vote counts will be edited into the first post of each page (so long as I can keep up, yo). Other announcements and requested vote counts will receive their own post.

DURING THE NIGHT:

Spoiler:
Night will have a 72-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
If you expect not to be here to submit your night action during the night, you may send one in in advance.
I resolve Night Actions according to Natural Action Resolution as outlined by the Mafiascum Wiki.
If you do not know when your action resolves in NAR, feel free to ask me.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spoiler:
Any and all anti-town factions in this game have day-chat.
Nothing in this game may allow you to be the single voting player on a wagon that results in a lynch.
Some roles or effects in this game may cause a player to require less votes to lynch. A player can never require less than 2 votes to lynch unless otherwise specified by an ability that lowers this threshold.
Please bold all requests to myself so that they don’t get missed.
Do not use standard MafiaScum purple (#800080). This is my color. All other colors are fine.

No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
If you do not understand how your role functions, feel free to PM me.
If you want to chat about Bloodborne, Lovecraft, or Nyarko-san, you can PM me about that, too.
I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Just know, it's all about intention. If you genuinely mess up, I'll try to cut you some slack. If I determine you're trying to compromise the integrity of the game though, you won't be too happy with the punishment.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, so long as I inform you in thread.

THE GOLDEN RULE:

Spoiler:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!
I created Bloodborne Mafia to bring people together and celebrate a game I love, but, ultimately, to have fun time on site.
Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other! Be cool.

SAMPLE ROLEPM:

Spoiler:
Guy Turncoat, Hunter Extraordinaire
Visiting Yharnam was a mistake. A mistake that cured me of diseases that would have killed me, but a mistake nevertheless.
You are aligned with the Town Faction. Upon being Slain, you reward 1,000 Blood Echoes
Seek Paleblood to transcend the Hunt.

You are aligned with
Yharnam
, Home of Blood Ministration.
In order to win the game, all threats to Yharnam must be slain.
In order to win the game, at least one Yharnam-aligned player must be alive.
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

INSIGHT SHOP
ITEM NAME
INSIGHT EFFECT
INSIGHT COST
Numbing Mist

Scourge of the Beast
1 Shot. Any Phase. Target Player can not perform any non-killing actions during the current and subsequent phase. 1 Insight
Bolt Paper

Divine Strike
1 shot. Day Phase. You may add the [BOLT] prefix to any voting action you perform to add an extra vote to the action.
This causes the voted player to be unable to use any Weapon-related abilities for the rest of the day phase.
If the voted player has more than 4 insight, this applies two extra votes instead of one.
1 Insight
Fire Paper

Smiting Strike
1 Shot. Day Phase. You may add the [FIRE] prefix to any voting action you perform.
It now adds an extra vote, or two extra votes against anyone with Beasthood.
1 Insight
Small Resonant Bell

Make Contact
1 Shot. Any Phase. You may create a private Neighborhood for you and another target player.
This Neighborhood has chat access during day and night phases.
1 Insight
Shaman Bone Blade

Exert Control
1 Shot. Night Phase. Submit a target player and either their Role Name or a specific mechanic that their role employs.
If you correctly submit the role name or mechanic, you may redirect their Night action.
This will not affect the Scum faction's Night Kill.
2 Insight
Blood Rock

Transcendence
Your basic vote now counts as 2 votes.
Your non-factional actions always resolve/can not be blocked--they may still be redirected, however.
4 Insight

Spoiler: RAW TEXT FORMAT:
Numbing Mist
//
Scourge of the Beast
- 1 Shot. Any Phase. Target Player can not perform any non-killing actions during the current and subsequent phase. - 1 Insight
Bolt Paper
//
Divine Strike
- 1 shot. Day Phase. You may add the [BOLT] prefix to any voting action you perform to add an extra vote to the action. This causes the voted player to be unable to use any Weapon-related abilities for the rest of the day phase. If the voted player has more than 4 insight, this applies two extra votes instead of one. - 1 Insight
Fire Paper
//
Smiting Strike
- 1 Shot. Day Phase. You may add the [FIRE] prefix to any voting action you perform. It now adds an extra vote, or two extra votes against anyone with Beasthood. - 1 Insight
Small Resonant Bell
//
Make Contact
- 1 Shot. Any Phase. You may create a private Neighborhood for you and another target player. This Neighborhood has chat access during day and night phases. - 1 Insight
Shaman Bone Blade
//
Exert Control
- 1 Shot. Night Phase. Submit a target player and either their Role Name or a specific mechanic that their role employs. If you correctly submit the role name or mechanic, you may redirect their Night action. This will not affect the Scum faction's Night Kill. - 2 Insight
Blood Rock
//
Transcendence
- Your basic vote now counts as 2 votes. Your non-factional actions always resolve/can not be blocked--they may still be redirected, however. - 4 Insight

You may purchase items from this table at any time and you will always do so privately.
no vote tag may have more than one prefix.
No player may normally be affected by multiples of the same prefix, with the notable exception being [POISON].
Scum receive the red-colored items and Town receives the green colored items--this difference in flavor is important.
Red-colored items will always resolve before their green colored counterparts.
If a player has 2 Insight banked, they will begin each day informed of how many scum and town roles are alive in the game.
If a player has 3 Insight banked, they will perform a self-watching action every night in addition to their other actions.
If a player has 4 Insight banked, at Night, they may non-consecutively flavor-cop a target player to learn all non-factional info they can; this will return scum player's fake-claim.
If a player has 5 Insight banked, Death Flips will always be revealed to them in full when any player is slain, regardless of if the Death Flip are obscured.
If a player has 6 Insight banked, once per night, they may ask me a non-factional, mechanical-oriented question about the initial setup--this question can not include or implicate any players specifically via their flavor or their role name. Furthermore, you may not ask questions regarding alignment with this question. This counts as the player's action for the night.
If a player has 7 Insight banked, Instead of performing ANY actions at night, they may discover how many scum players were on the previous day's lynch wagon.

BATHMESSENGER SHOP
ITEM NAME
ITEM Effect
BLOOD ECHO COST
HUNTER TOOLS
Monocular
Day Action. Target a Player. You may spy on Non-Factional PTs that the player is an active, living member of for the current Day and Night phase. You may choose to purchase and use this item privately.8,000
Music BoxOnce per day, you may use this tool to play music.
In order to use this ability, you must publicly use the bolded tag [MUSIC BOX].
Beast RoarOnce per day, you may cause yourself to be untargetable by weapon actions for the rest of the day.
In order to use this ability, you must publicly use the bolded tag [BEAST ROAR].
Empty Phantasm Shell
Twice per day, you may add the prefix [ENCHANTED] to any voting action to add an extra vote to it.6,000
Executioner's Glove
You may target a player to vote them three times with the tag [EXECUTIONER GLOVES: Player Name].
These votes are independent of any other votes you cast and will stay on the player even if you unvote or vote differently.
These votes may not have any prefix attached to them.
Old Hunter BoneEvery second Weapon Ability that targets you fails to apply any special effects besides their vote.
If any ability would vote for you, it will instead only cast one vote.
Tiny Tonitrus
Once per day, you may submit a [LIGHTNING] vote for a player with over 4 insight--this vote is equal to 6 votes.
If the target does not have over 4 insight, they will receive a single [BOLT] vote instead.
Messenger's Gift1 shot, must be used during the Day, can not be used on consecutive Days. You may treestump yourself at any time, but still be able to cast votes/actions. Once you cast a vote or an action, you will no longer be a treestump. This effect will end at the end of the day phase.8,000
Consumables
Molotov Cocktail1 shot, target a player. That player is affected by a [FIRE] vote that will linger for the current day phase. Players with Beasthood will be voted twice by a [FIRE] vote. No player may ever have more than 1 [FIRE] tag on them at a time.1,500
Pebble1 shot, target a player. That player's next voting action affects you now.500
Oil Urn1 shot, target a player. That player is now [DOUSED], which means that the next [FIRE]-related vote submitted against them will count as double.1,500
Pungent Blood Cocktail1 shot, target a player. That player's next voting action may not affect you. If that player has Beasthood, their next action may not affect you.4,000
Poison Knife1 shot, target a player. That player now has a [POISON] vote against them for the remainder of the day phase. These votes can stack.3,000
Bold Hunter's Mark1 shot, you may remove yourself from any single Non-factional PT that you are in.
You may not use this to remove yourself from Nightmare PTs.
You may use this to remove yourself from the Hunter's Party.
You may purchase and use this item privately.
WEAPONS
Logarius' WheelTarget any player who is not voting for you; that player receives a [Logarius Wheel] vote that counts as three votes.
TRANSFORM: Every time you vote while this weapon is transformed, you permanently take one less vote to lynch to a minimum of 0, which will kill you. Every time you vote, your voting power is doubled for the current phase.
Blade of MercyYou may vote twice for a single player. Use the tag BLADE OF MERCY: Player Name.
TRANSFORMED: You may vote up to two times with the tag BLADE OF MERCY (TRANSFORMED): Player name; players voted in this way require one less vote to lynch for the remaining phase--you may stack this effect, but this will only ever apply a maximum of one vote on a player.
Hunter Axe
You vote twice for a single player. Use vote tag is HUNTER AXE: Player Name.
TRANSFORMED: You may vote once for up to two separate players--multiple players may be lynched in this fashion. Use the vote tag HUNTER AXE (TRANSFORMED): Player Name.
Saw Cleaver
Your votes count as double against players with any Beasthood--this extra voting power will not be reflected in the vote count until a Beasthood-carrying player lynch.
TRANSFORMED: You vote twice for a single player. Use vote tag is SAW CLEAVER (TRANSFORMED): Player Name.
Threaded Cane
Any player that you are voting for may not vote for you--this also causes actions that cast votes to fail.
TRANSFORMED: You may cast a vote on two separate players. Use the tag THREADED CANE (TRANSFORMED): Player Name. Players voted this may not vote for you--this also causes actions that cast votes to fail. Using this ability causes you to take two less votes to lynch until you vote differently.
Beast Claw
Each time that you slay a player, you gain 1 Beasthood.
TRANSFORM: You may simultaneously cast votes equal to your Beasthood.
Kirkhammer
Your vote may never be affected by any other player's power.
TRANSFORM: If you are voting for a player with the Kirkhammer before activating this ability, you may double your named votes on that player.
Kos Parasite
You gain double insight upon insight gained from slaying players.
TRANSFORM: You may vote for a single player with the bolded [PARASITE] tag--this vote is worth a number of votes equal to half your current insight, rounded down. You may instead choose to use the bolded [SPLIT PARASITE] tag, allowing you to vote two players for 1/4 of your current insight, rounded down. Multiple players may be lynched in this fashion.
TonitrusYour vote will always affect the voted target, regardless of other mechanics.
TRANSFORM: Your next vote with the Tonitrus will apply the [BOLT] Prefix. If you use this ability to vote for a player with 5 or more insight, that player may not use any actions for the rest of the day phase so long as this vote remains on them.
Whirlgig Saw
Players you are voting for can't use weapon effects against you.
TRANSFORM: Using this ability causes you to be unable to submit any non-factional actions for the rest of the current day and following night phase. For each Non-factional Role-related Activated Ability that you have, you may submit a simultaneous vote. (with a minimum of 3 simultaneous votes).
ARMOR
Golden ArdeoAll votes effectively count as 1 vote less when targeting you. Not effective in LYLO.20,000
Crow-Hunter's GarbYou are immune to any targeted attempt to affect your role and actions except for that of Shaman Bone Blade // Exert Control.15,000

Spoiler: RAW TEXT FORMAT:
HUNTER TOOLS

Monocular
- Day Action. Target a Player. You may spy on Non-Factional PTs that the player is an active, living member of for the current Day and Night phase. You may choose to use and purchase this item privately. - 8,000
Music Box
- Once per day, you may use this tool to play music. In order to use this ability, you must publicly use the bolded tag [MUSIC BOX]. - 2,000
Beast Roar
- Once per day, you may cause yourself to be untargetable by weapon actions for the rest of the day. In order to use this ability, you must publicly use the bolded tag [BEAST ROAR]. - 10,000
Empty Phantasm Shell
- Twice per day, you may add the prefix [ENCHANTED] to any voting action to add an extra vote to it. - 6,000
Executioner's Glove
- You may target a player to vote them three times with the tag [EXECUTIONER GLOVES: Player Name]. These votes are independent of any other votes you cast and will stay on the player even if you unvote or vote differently. These votes may not have any prefix attached to them. - 10,000
Old Hunter Bone
- Every second Weapon Ability that targets you fails to apply any special effects besides their vote. If any ability would vote for you, it will instead only cast one vote. - 10,000
Tiny Tonitrus
- Once per day, you may submit a [LIGHTNING] vote for a player with over 4 insight--this vote is equal to 6 votes. If the target does not have over 4 insight, they will receive a single [BOLT] vote instead. - 8,000
Messenger's Gift
- 1 shot, must be used during the Day, can not be used on consecutive Days. You may treestump yourself at any time, but still be able to cast votes/actions. Once you cast a vote or an action, you will no longer be a treestump. This effect will end at the end of the day phase. - 8,000

Consumables

Molotov Cocktail
- 1 shot, target a player. That player is affected by a [FIRE] vote that will linger for the current day phase. Players with Beasthood will be voted twice by a [FIRE] vote. No player may ever have more than 1 [FIRE] tag on them at a time. - 1,500
Pebble
- 1 shot, target a player. That player's next voting action affects you now. - 500
Oil Urn
- 1 shot, target a player. That player is now [DOUSED], which means that the next [FIRE]-related vote submitted against them will count as double. - 1,500
Pungent Blood Cocktail
- 1 shot, target a player. That player's next voting action may not affect you. If that player has Beasthood, their next action may not affect you. - 4,000
Poison Knife
- 1 shot, target a player. That player now has a [POISON] vote against them for the remainder of the day phase. These votes can stack. - 3,000
Bold Hunter's Mark
- 1 shot, you may remove yourself from any single Non-factional PT that you are in. You may not use this to remove yourself from Nightmare PTs. You may use this to remove yourself from the Hunter's Party. You may purchase and use this item privately. - 500

WEAPONS

Hunter Axe
- You vote twice for a single player. Use vote tag is HUNTER AXE: Player Name.
TRANSFORMED: You may vote once for up to two separate players--multiple players may be lynched in this fashion. Use the vote tag HUNTER AXE (TRANSFORMED): Player Name. - 3000
Saw Cleaver
- Your votes count as double against players with any Beasthood--this extra voting power will not be reflected in the vote count until a Beasthood-carrying player lynch.
TRANSFORMED: You vote twice for a single player. Use vote tag is SAW CLEAVER (TRANSFORMED): Player Name. - 3000
Threaded Cane
- Any player that you are voting for may not vote for you--this also causes actions that cast votes to fail.
TRANSFORMED: You may cast a vote on two separate players. Use the tag THREADED CANE (TRANSFORMED): Player Name. Players voted this may not vote for you--this also causes actions that cast votes to fail. Using this ability causes you to take two less votes to lynch until you vote differently. - 3000
Beast Claw
- Each time that you slay a player, you gain 1 Beasthood.
TRANSFORM: You may simultaneously cast votes equal to your Beasthood. - 10,000
Kirkhammer
- Your vote may never be affected by any other player's power.
TRANSFORM: If you are voting for a player with the Kirkhammer before activating this ability, you may double your named votes on that player. - 10,000
Kos Parasite
- You gain double insight upon insight gained from slaying players.
TRANSFORM: You may vote for a single player with the bolded [PARASITE] tag--this vote is worth a number of votes equal to half your current insight, rounded down. You may instead choose to use the bolded [SPLIT PARASITE] tag, allowing you to vote two players for 1/4 of your current insight, rounded down. Multiple players may be lynched in this fashion. - 10,000
Tonitrus
- Your vote will always affect the voted target, regardless of other mechanics.
TRANSFORM: Your next vote with the Tonitrus will apply the [BOLT] Prefix. If you use this ability to vote for a player with 5 or more insight, that player may not use any actions for the rest of the day phase so long as this vote remains on them. - 8,000
Whirlgig Saw
- Players you are voting for can't use weapon effects against you.
TRANSFORM: Using this ability causes you to be unable to submit any non-factional actions for the rest of the current day and following night phase. For each Non-factional Role-related Activated Ability that you have, you may submit a simultaneous vote. (with a minimum of 3 simultaneous votes). - 10,000

Purchasing items from this table is always a public day action unless otherwise noted. In order to do so, please use the bolded tag [PURCHASE ITEM: Item Name].
If you have enough Blood Echoes to make the public purchase, I will confirm the purchase in the public game thread.
If any non-Consumable item is purchased, it will be striked out, indicating it may not be purchased again.
All items listed here are public, day use items unless specified otherwise. In order to use the item, use the bolded tag [ITEM NAME: Target Player].
YOU MAY ONLY EVER HAVE TWO WEAPONS AT A TIME.
YOU MAY ONLY EVER HAVE A SINGLE ARMOR, GARB, OR 'SET' AT A TIME.
ALL WEAPONS HAVE TWO ABILITIES--A REGULAR ABILITY AND A 'TRANSFORMED' ABILITY.
THE FIRST ABILITY ON A WEAPON MAY LOOK LIKE A PASSIVE ABILITY BUT IT IS ALWAYS TIED TO USE OF THAT WEAPON.
IF YOU WANT TO TRIGGER ANY OF THE ABILITIES ON A WEAPON, YOU MUST SUBMIT THE CORRECT VOTE TAGS OF EITHER [WEAPON NAME: Target Player] or [TRANSFORMED WEAPON NAME: Target Player].
YOU MAY ONLY HAVE A SINGLE WEAPON ABILITY ACTIVE AT ONCE--THIS INCLUDES TRANSFORMED ABILITIES AND ABILITIES FROM DIFFERENT WEAPONS.
Using a TRANSFORMED ability is always a public action, indicated by the use of the tag [TRANSFORMED WEAPON NAME: Target Player].
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:44 am, edited 16 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

You seek nightmares, and the secrets within, do you not?

I should have never told the old man that I found Nightmares to be interesting. My mother always taught me to never give much mind to strangers, but even as a child, I found myself fascinated by the beasts that lurked in my subconscious mind. While the waking world was a droll menagerie of schoolwork and routines, Nightmares provided a fascinating and anxious flight of fancy. Looking back, I know now that I relished Nightmares because no matter how the gnashing maw of my mind threatened me or how close I was to being skewered in those dreams, I would always wake up to the safety of my bed. If the fear still persisted, my mother would always soothe me with a small lullaby and a pat on the head. She would reassure me, "Son, your Nightmares can't hurt you." So, when I told the old man that I was fascinated in Nightmares, I never expected to meet one in the waking world.

Yharnam's name came to me as a last resort. "In Yharnam, Blood Ministers can heal any illness known to man!" "In Yharnam, they produce more blood than alcohol, as the former is far more intoxicating." "In Yharnam, mighty warriors strike down foul beasts and are paraded through the town as heroes." "In Yharnam..." It had gotten to the point that even my beloved mother was spinning these yarns my way. So, yes, I had heard tell of their both Yharnam's beasts and the fabled cure-all blood. While I'd seen an odd beast in my day, I still figured such a panacea was too good to be true. In a way, I was right.

Mother always told me that people fear most what they don't understand, for fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of them all. I wasn't welcome in Yharnam. Outsiders, I suppose, were that 'Unknown' thing to be feared. Despite that, I was ministered blood like any other willing patient. I signed the contract, dotted the line, and even gave them a pseudonym of mine, Guy Turncoat. Funny that; I can't recall my actual name anymore. As far as I know, I've been Guy Turncoat for years. In fact, it's hard to remember much since before I came to Yharnam, except being sick enough to need to be here in the first place.

I blame the reasons for the missing chapters of memory upon the Dream that I have awoken to. Ever since I received the Blood Ministration, I've found myself caught in a veritable Nightmare of my own. Beasts do indeed prowl the streets of Yharnam, and while death would be a sweet escape, every time that their fangs shred my throat and their claws pierce my heart, I startle awake, as if whisked from a dream. Instead of my childhood cot, I have found myself awakening in a graveyard beneath an old Hunter's Workshop. Instead of my mother, I can only find reassurance in a talking mannequin, who reassures me that I will, one day, transcend this dream.

The hunter here, a withered old man calling himself Gherman, has offered me any tool at the workshop to aide in what he calls 'The Hunt'. I've tried asking him what he means, and he simply insists that I must go out and kill beasts, for it is what a hunter does. For the last few weeks, I have become increasingly proficient at dispatching beasts and men alike, as both threaten to cut me down and cause me to awaken anew, facing down the same horde that I had just overcome.

There are those in the city who whisper through their windows and cry against their doors. I've heard the word 'Kos' only once, and, yet, it seems like a word much more important than even my old name. I've sifted through the notes in the Blood Ministration Clinic, and all that I can find that seems worth reading is an equally troubling and profound scrawl, "Seek Paleblood to Transcend the Hunt."

I do not profess to know what Paleblood is, nor the nature of this 'Kos', but the very knowledge that they both exist fills me with a sensation unlike any other. There is an urgency in my heart. Tonight, I grip tightly to the handle of my Saw Cleaver. Tonight, I have lined my pockets with vials of curative blood and loaded by pistol with quicksilver bullets. Tonight, I steel myself for the Hunt. My mother was right about many things, but she did get one wrong; your Nightmares can hurt you.

...It was nigh time that I started hurting them back.

Mother Kos, aligned with
The Cosmos
, has died on Night 0.
Her Role PM is as follows:

Mother Kos
When the carcass of Kos washed up on the coast, its insides were teeming with tiny parasites, unlike any found in humans.
You are aligned with the Scum Faction. Upon being Slain, you reward 8,000 Echoes.
Do you know why the Hunters are drawn to this Nightmare? Because it sprouted from their very misdeeds.

You begin the game as the Host of the Hunter's Nightmare.
[THIS ASPECT OF THIS ABILITY HAS BEEN OBSCURED DUE TO A HIDDEN EFFECT. A TERRIBLE SHAME.]
If your Nightmare PT ever exceeds 3 players and you are not a member yet, you must invite yourself.
Once per Day, you may trigger a single NIGHTMARE EVENT to happen on the following night. Doing so prevents you from performing any other action during the night of the NIGHTMARE EVENT.

Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate.

Upon dying, another player will become the Host of the Hunter's Nightmare PT, inheriting the previous ability listed.
The role that inherits your Nightmare PT was predetermined before the game began.

Lay the curse of blood upon them, and their children, and their children's children, for evermore.

When the game begins, you will be slain. Nothing may prevent this.
No players may gain Insight or Blood Echoes due to you being slain this way.

Provost Willem sought the Cord in order to elevate his being and thoughts to those of a Great One, by lining his brain with eyes.

[THIS ABILITY HAS BEEN OBSCURED DUE TO A HIDDEN EFFECT. A TERRIBLE SHAME.]

NIGHTMARE EVENT
: When the Great Ones descend, a womb will be blessed with child.

NIGHTMARE EVENT
: A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

The sky and the cosmos are one.

You are aligned with
The Cosmos
, a realm beyond the comprehension of mortal men.
In order to win the game, [THIS ASPECT OF THIS WIN CONDITION HAS BEEN OBSCURED DUE TO A HIDDEN EFFECT. A TERRIBLE SHAME.]
In the instance that your faction's numbers ever equal or exceed those of the town faction's
(and there are no other factions left alive), your faction will automatically win the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

Before we begin, a word from the Moderator:

This is the 'Prequel' phase--it exists for a number of reasons but, primarily, I want you to use this time to get comfortable with your role and the game mechanics.

During this phase, I highly encourage you to message me with any rules questions you have. If you ask anything about the public game mechanics, I will quote your question anonymously in this public game thread. In this way, we'll be able to work out any misunderstandings about the rules and create a sort of 'Frequently Asked Questions' document that should help everyone later in the game.

During this phase, I insist that every player reads the rules, even the general game rules that I have for this game. There are many unique caveats and rulings that you may not be familiar with, especially when it comes to action resolution and voting. I will
not
remind you of these rules once the actual game begins, so if you submit an action that doesn't work or if you botch your play because you aren't familiar with the rules, that's your fault.

During this phase, any player with access to a private topic may use that topic to chat with whoever else is in it. Hosts of Nightmare PTs may not post in their topics unless they are also a valid member of the PT.

During this phase, some roles may have abilities that function. This counts as the start of the game, so any abilities that function at gamestart work right now.

I also want to use this phase to highlight two very important aspects of this setup. I designed this game to encompass two central themes of Bloodborne;
Madness
and
The Hunt

In order to properly reflect
Madness
, I wanted to specifically focus on paranoia and the (often fruitless) search for the truth. I've integrated several different means of making it possible to punish claims and added so many mechanical elements that make players always question what others are telling them. Anonymous messages may impersonate other players, any player may essentially come to 'control' or even kill you if they find out the truth of your role. If people find out that you have Beasthood or high Insight, there are several ways they could gain an edge over you. I want players of every alignment to have to play a very careful game of lies, distrust, and hiding their true potential. More powerful roles offer more potent rewards, which makes even soft-claiming these roles very dangerous. Power should be hidden and secretive, working in dark ways--this is a goal of mine as a moderator but it is also a major theme of Bloodborne itself. The most powerful beings work in whispers and are hidden away from the eyes of the masses.

The Hunt
is also central to Bloodborne and, really, what I feel that Mafia is all about. In this game, players reward currencies when lynched or killed, which will draw all players to want to slay people who reward high payouts. Beasthood-carrying players and high Insight players are clear-cut targets and, furthermore, seem like scum/monsters by design. There are very few roles in this game that look like traditional 'town' roles; Bloodborne is a city of madmen, beasts, and killers. Players will elect a Master of the Hunt who will lead others in plundering flavor-heavy Chalice Dungeons and doing battle with the beasts that lie there. I want every player to feel as though the lynching and voting mechanics are representative of them taking their saw-cleaver to the streets and putting it to the throat of a perceived enemy. The 'lynchmob' mentality and the bloodlust that comes with it are central to the madness within Bloodborne--I want this highlighted as an aspect of this game. Players should feel heavily incentivized to hunt strong fiends, using all tools at their disposal to wield power. Players will want to bolster their votes so they can overwhelm other players in the game as well as the beasts that lurk in the Chalice Dungeons.

My chief concern is that players will play this game in a mechanically 'safe' way, undermining both of these concepts. This setup is not designed to be played 'safely'. This setup will actively punish you for claiming. This setup will grind you into the dust if you try to find some mechanically sound way to skirt by. Safe play is, by design, detrimental in Bloodborne Mafia--this is no secret; the public mechanics and items available in the shops should be reflective of the volatile nature of this setup. It may be just as much a mistake to scum read any player for a particular purchase as it would be to simply believe any claims and thereby sign your own death warrant. This is mafia, for the Bloodborne.

"
Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do!
"
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri May 20, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
I see that there are Neighborhoods that people can have in this game, including the The Hunter's Party. How are these different than the Nightmare PTs?
Normal Neighborhoods and The Hunter's Party may end--Nightmare PTs never end.
You can only communicate in normal Neighborhoods as long as you are alive--Nightmare PTs allow you to continue to communicate in the Nightmare PT after death.
You can only be in a single Nightmare PT at any time--you may be in as many other Neighborhoods as you like.
You are forced to join Nightmare PTs and, under most conditions, you can not leave--Bold Hunters Mark and other effects may allow you to leave Neighborhood PTs.
Nightmare PTs will have NIGHTMARE EVENTS--host triggered one-shot flavor-heavy events that affect members of the Nightmare PT. Regular Neighborhoods don't feature Nightmare Events.
Can players decline an invitation to a Nightmare PT?
No. You are forced into a Nightmare PT.
What interacts with our anonymous nightly message? Does it count as a night action?
Nothing interacts with the nightly anonymous message you may send. It does not count as a submitted night action--you may submit it along any other action. This message can not be blocked, redirected, tracked, or interacted with in any way.
Regarding the "Exceeds 3" rule for Nightmare PTs--this means I can push it over 3 and then must invite myself the next time I can invite? So, if I could invite multiple players at night, let's say I can invite up to three members on N1, and then on N2 I could invite two people and be at 5 members. And N3 I have to invite myself?
That is correct. You are not 'forced' to invite yourself, but you CAN NOT invite anyone else before first inviting yourself if you are a Nightmare PT Host and your Nightmare PT exceeds 3 members.
Some effects refer to doubling your votes, such as SAW CLEAVER, which reads "Your votes count as double against players with any Beasthood." Would this also double the effects of a [BOLT] prefix?
No--it only doubles your named votes. Prefixes always add votes on after the fact.

Any time something refers to doubling 'your' votes, this ONLY refers to your NAMED votes. All players, by default, command a singular Named Vote.
Prefixes add on to named votes AFTER they have been multiplied by other effects.
For instance, let's say I have purchased the BLOOD ROCK and I have a BOLT PAPER and I use the following vote tags:
VOTE: Drixx
BOLT TRANSFORMED KIRKHAMMER: Drixx.

What happens here is that I am laying 2 flat votes on Drixx with my regular vote, then
I am using the Transformed Kirkhammer to double these votes and add the BOLT prefix to add an extra vote on.
The votecount would reflect:
Drixx (5):
Bolt Varsoon
Saw Cleaver+Oil Urn+Fire Paper=how many votes versus someone with beasthood, assuming 1 vote base? Cleaver would be one. Fire would add 2 more. Fire would be doubled by the Urn. so 4. Cleaver would be doubled by their beasthood, so 6 total? Or Does the urn double ALL the votes that come from the fire related vote? Making it 8?
Oil Urn only affects the next incoming [FIRE] vote.
So, the sequence would be
Oil Urn to DOUSE the target
FIRE PAPER + SawCleaver Vote
This would result in 6 votes against the player, although it would only be reflected in the VC as 5 due to how Saw Cleaver works.

This is a pretty massive one-shot resource investment, but it would really ruin a BEASTHOOD player's day.
This is by design.
Go, Hunt, Kill beasts.
If a player has not purchased Bolt Paper or Fire Paper with insight and they make a vote along the lines of

Bolt vote: Player

would that show up in the vote count as a normal vote, show up as a bolt vote incorrectly, or would it be ignored and not show up at all?
It would be ignored and not show up at all.
Since town gain Insight from slaying scum, after a Lynch on scum, what's stopping us from forcing every player on the lynch to spend their earned insight on a Flame Paper or Bolt Paper and then use it to prove they earned Insight, thus proving they are town?
I specifically designed the game in such a way that by having every player on a wagon 'confirm' that they are town for slaying scum and receiving 1 insight that they then spend on a confirmable item like Bolt Paper or Fire Paper won't work. Some of the ruts in this plan include:
Scum have a hidden means of gaining Insight.
Beasthood holders, who may be town, can not gain Insight.
Players involved in the Hunter's Party that conquers Chalice Dungeons gain Insight.
There may be other roles or effects that afford players insight or, even, Bolt Paper or Fire Paper.
As I said in the introduction--I highly discourage such approaches to this game. Assuming this game can be won with 'safe' play (such as a seeming mechanical trump) is very likely to backfire due to the design of the setup.
How would a consumable like the pebble which doesn't explicitly give a use tag be used, but does have a publicly obvious effect get used. It might say in the rules earlier that I forgot or missed, but would that be done via PM or publicly? If it is done via PM do the results show up in just the vote count or would there be some other notification?
Any items purchased from the Bath Messenger Shop with Blood Echoes must be used publicly unless denoted otherwise.
In order to use the item, you just post in the thread with the item's name and your target in bold and on its own line. In the case of the pebble;
PEBBLE: Drixx

These are all public actions and will be reflected publicly as well.
Notably, the Monocle and the Bold Hunter's Mark may be purchased and used privately if the player so desires.

Are the Nightmare PTs are predetermined? How do I know if I am a Host or even a member?
Your role either does or does not begin as a Host or as a Member of any Nightmare PT--it will be written on your role PM if you do.
Nightmare PTs have predetermined HOSTS who, by default, do not start as members.
Hosts know who they are.

Once invited to a Nightmare PT, is there any way to refuse to join it or to leave?
Hosts can force players, including themselves, to join their nightmare PTs.
Once chosen to be a part of a Nightmare PT, you can not decline or leave under normal circumstances.

What Chalice Dungeons are available to the players?
There are many Chalice Dungeons in the game of Bloodborne--this mafia game will mirror the game of Bloodborne but not all of those dungeons will be available to visit from the start. The Chalice Dungeons available will be made clear when Day 1 begins.

What's the difference between our normal vote and our vote for the Master of the Hunt?
During the day you have your normal voting action which operates similar to how voting in any other game works.
You also can vote for the 'Master of the Hunt'--your vote for the Master of the Hunt may never be altered in any way and will always be accepted.
See the general 'During the Day' rules for more info on how votes operate.
Is the Messenger's Gift's effect indefinite? For example, if someone bought and used it Day 1 then never casted a vote or used an action until Day 5, would they remain treestumped until Day 5 or would it wear out eventually?
I've made the item description more explicit--its effects wear out at the end of the day phase.
Another thing that should be made explicit is that all of the items from the Blood Echo shop, unless stated otherwise, are publicly purchased during day phases, publicly used during day phases, and can only be used during day phases.
Will you still answer questions after the game starts?
Yes, but only if you directly ask me a question and it's either about your own role, any flipped role, or the public mechanics.
The goal of the Prequel phase, other than resolving some actions that players may have, is to answer as many questions as possible as early on as I can.
I'd prefer if everyone was very familiar with the setup and their own role going into D1, rather than having to ask questions or realize something doesn't work the way they think it does several phases into the game.
For the single message sent each night that everyone gets to send through the moderator do we have a reason to be certain that it will reach the intended player and that it will not be read by others?

Additionally, is there a reason to be certain that the contents of the messages will not be modified assuming they do not violate one of the rules of the game?
Unless otherwise stated, nothing affects those messages. Someone would have to have a unique role-based power that specifically allows them to interact with the mechanic. Normal role interactions, such as ascetic, redirector, etc. would not interact with the mechanic.

So, under most circumstances, expect your message to be delivered exactly how you send it so long as it does not break the rules of the game.
Can Monocular be used to spy into Hydra PT's?
No, Hydra PTs exist independent of all the game's mechanics.
When do the Anonymous Messages sent at night resolve and get sent?
I resolve them at the end of the night phase and send them out after all other actions have resolved.
Are the banked insight bonuses cumulative?
Yes.
How would numbing mist be used during the night? Does it have a specific time it resolves during the night phase or is it in effect as soon as the PM gets received?
During the Night Phase, Numbing Mist works in NAR as a blocking action.
Does a simple vote count as an action, and therefore numbing mist would block (non-hammer?) votes for the day if used on a player?
Votes count as 'Voting Actions'. Unless something says it specifically interacts with a vote or voting action, then it will not.

Numbing Mist only interacts with normal actions--not Voting Actions.
Assuming that there are Trackers/Watchers in the game, would they see someone sending the anonymous message that everyone gets to send?
No. No role-related ability, unless specifically stated, interacts with those messages.
Referring to the Shop's rule of "YOU MAY ONLY EVER HAVE TWO WEAPONS AT A TIME."
Does this mean that once you get two weapons, you can never change them out?
No--if there is ever a conflict of interests with items in this game (such as weapons, armor, etc.) you will get to choose which one you want to keep. So, if you want to purchase a third weapon or you happen to be find one, you can always make a decision to lose one of your previous weapons in its place.
Kirkhammer - Your vote may never be affected by any other player's power.
TRANSFORM: If you are voting for a player before activating this ability, you may double your votes on that player. - 10,000

This one. Say you submitted a ton of votes with a different weapon, then the transformed kirkhammer. Could that lead to an instant lynch?
I should make it more explicit, but Kirkhammer only doubles votes that have been submitted with the Kirkhammer.
The idea is that you go [KIRKHAMMER: Playername].
Then you can follow with [TRANSFORMED KIRKHAMMER: Playername] to double your named votes on that player.
I'll make sure to make this more explicit in the game topic.
How about pebble into pungent blood cocktail? Does this make it do the targets next voting action is guaranteed to be wasted?
Yes. The idea is that you throw a pebble at someone to coax them into attacking you, only to intoxicate and sidewind them with a cocktail of pungent blood.

Would the neighborhood created by Small Resonant Bell/Make Contact be different depending on the item used? For example, would you be notified, "someone used a Small Resonant Bell on you!" or "someone used Make Contact on you!" or what?
There would be no distinction. If someone used the Bell or Make Contact, if successful, you would be sent a PM letting you know that you now have access to a neighborhood with the other player.
If a Host triggers a Nightmare Event, are they guaranteed to not have a night action the next night?
Yes, unless they have some other action that can be submitted regardless of actions taken. For instance, the Anonymous Messages in this game can always be sent regardless of what actions you take.
Is there a length limit on the anonymous messages?
Not at all! In the game of Bloodborne, Messengers Scrolls were only capable of transmitting a sentence or two of modular warnings or phrases. I think it's more interesting for this game if you can write whatever you like.
If a Master of the Hunt doesn't choose a Chalice Dungeon to investigate or Party, what happens?
Then those things don't happen.
I'm a bit confused by how the process of choosing a Party/Dungeon, then actually investigating it goes. It looks to me like a Master picks a party and dungeon one night, then investigates it the next night. So in essence the party can only go to a dungeon every other night. Is this correct or no?
Not at all. Here's the process of events.
Day 1 - There is already a Huntmaster with a selected Party and Chalice Ritual. Everyone votes on the next Huntmaster.
Night 1 - The Huntmaster and Party from D1 explore the chosen Chalice Dungeon. The elected Huntmaster chooses a Party and Chalice Ritual.
Day 2 - Everyone votes on the next Huntmaster.
Night 2 - The Huntmaster and Party from D2 explore the chosen Chalice Dungeon. The elected Huntmaster chooses a Party and Chalice Ritual.
So on and so forth.
What counts as an Armor, Garb or "set"?
None of these can be purchased in the store as of this time, but there will be Armor/Garb/Sets--essentially, protective clothing that likely confer some sort of passive, defensive bonus.
What does the Music Box do?
It plays music.
Does the Executioner's Glove have unlimited shots per day? For example if I had it could I use it on every single player at once during the same day since the votes never go away?
It has unlimited shots but it does not work in the way you think it does.
It works as most voting actions work--if you vote for someone else with the EXECUTIONER'S GLOVE tag, then your old EXECUTIONER'S GLOVE votes go away. The line about 'These votes are independent of any other votes you cast and will stay on the player even if you unvote or vote differently' refers explicitly to other voting actions you take. So, you could vote for someone with the Executioner's Gloves and then lay a regular vote on someone else and the Executioner's Gloves vote won't disappear.
Can I use more than one insight-based action per night? For instance, if I had 5 insight, can I use the actions associated with having 2, 3, 4, and 5 insight every night, or am I only able to use one of them? Can I choose, or is it the exact amount we have (that is, I can only use the 5 insight one when I have 5 insight)?
You can use all the actions up to the amount you have banked--you earn those cumulatively.
As far as actually using them, only the actions tied to 4, 6, and 7 insight count as your definitive action submitted for the night.
The actions tied to 2, 3, and 5 Insight all happen regardless of what other actions you perform and do not inhibit you from performing other actions.
Do the actions based on 'Banked' Insight use up Insight to use?
No. Think of Insight as a resource that you can either save up to gain a suite of powers or spend in order to pick up powerful, mostly 1-shot abilities from the Insight Shop.
Are Blood Echoes rewarded for lynches split between players or does each player get blood echoes equal to the role's value?
Every player on the lynch gets the value equal to the role's value.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon May 23, 2016 11:19 am, edited 12 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Well, you've come to the right place. Yharnam is the home of Blood Ministration. You need only unravel its mystery."
-Blood Minister

VOTECOUNT 1.0

Not Voting (21):
Mixed6, Yume, Rylai and Lina, Hastur and Muriel, Reasonably Irrational, Klingoncelt, Nahdia, Xkyfu, Shadow_Step, Randomidget, Zulfy, PeregrineV, Sensei, Bogre, Gee Willikers, Toogeloo, Ranger, Shinobi, Fire Assassin, Almost50, Patches the Spider

With 22 Alive, it takes 12 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-06-06 23:00:00)
The Master of the Hunt is
Klingoncelt
The Hunter's Party is
Mixed6, Shinobi, and Almost50
The Chosen Chalice Ritual is
to be determined...
Available Chalice Dungeons:
Spoiler:
Pthumeru Chalice
- Depth 1
Hintertomb Chalice
- Depth 2
Ailing Loran Chalice
- Depth 4
Great Isz Chalice
- Depth 5
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon May 23, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Sensei »

First.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Sensei »

VOTE: Xk
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

The revolution begins.

VOTE: Randomidget

Rampage
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

Spider Vote: Hastur and Muriel

Get hyped!

-SC
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The following question has been asked and added to the FAQs section:

How does the transform mechanic on weapons work?

Weapons all have two abilities;
The regular ability is the first one listed and it tied to your vote. To use it, use the bolded voting tag [WEAPON NAME: Player Name].
The Transformed ability is the second one listed and usually confers a special mechanic. To use it, use the bolded voting tag [TRANSFORMED WEAPON NAME: Player Name].
The distinction between these abilities is important--you can't use both at once. Furthermore, the 'Transformed' abilities of weapons will typically offer either different functionality or some sort of 'combo' with the effects granted by the regular ability weapons have.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Hi.
I'm not going to vote yet.

How is everyone?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Nahdia »

VOTE: randomidget

P good. How are you, Shinobi?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 10, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:

Get hyped!

-SC
Why pull this out now?
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 12, Shinobi wrote:Hi.
I'm not going to vote yet.

How is everyone?
I am doing fine. It is interesting you want to stick out so much this early without a vote yet.
I am taking note of this.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

VOTE: Toogeloo

I hopefully await the return of the master of the hunt, miss Klingoncelt.

Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:37 pm

In post 14, Sensei wrote:

Get hyped!

-SC
Why pull this out now?
Because of what happens when we don't pull that out
To demonstrate
VOTE: Hastur and Muriel

Now wait for a VC

-SC
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 17, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 14, Sensei wrote:

Get hyped!

-SC
Why pull this out now?
Because of what happens when we don't pull that out
To demonstrate
VOTE: Hastur and Muriel

Now wait for a VC

-SC
Explain?

Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Our normal vote doesn't work but the Spider vote is a substitute.

-SC
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Zulfy »

aw man aw man aw man
no investigation no right to speak
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 16, Fire Assassin wrote:VOTE: Toogeloo

OMGUS

Vote: Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 21, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 16, Fire Assassin wrote:VOTE: Toogeloo

OMGUS

Vote: Fire Assassin
Is it a true OMGUS when the beginning vote was RVS?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Since I'm not 100% on top of all game mechanics I will skip the "random" part (just in case someone can empower my vote to some degree or someone can lower the lynch threshold ridiculously).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'll often use these bottom-of-the-page bumps to share some interesting secrets or trivia about the theme.
For now, though, have a quote from H.P. Lovecraft, author of many novels which inspired Bloodborne's setting;

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon May 23, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”